[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any chance Venditti will stop being utter shit and Hal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: b049_-_hjflc_cv1_r1.jpg (1MB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
b049_-_hjflc_cv1_r1.jpg
1MB, 988x1500px
Is there any chance Venditti will stop being utter shit and Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps will actually be decent?

Or, as a long time GL fan, am I suffering from such deep stockholm syndrome that I'm just deluding myself into this belief? I mean, dogfucker managed to put out something that wasn't complete trash so maybe there's hope for Hal and the rest of the Corps, right? Right?
>>
Difference of course is that Dogfucker did well with characters he hadn't written before but we know what Venditti GL looks like. It will take work for him to improve.
>>
>>84145974
Has the Rebirth issue come out yet?
>>
File: 1461031022269.jpg (580KB, 600x859px) Image search: [Google]
1461031022269.jpg
580KB, 600x859px
>>84146135
Next week.

I dropped Wonder Woman from my pull list to make room for it
>>
Keep it simple and he will. His Earth issues were perfectly fine, it's when he tries to ape Johns and go full on BIG COSMIC CHANGES that he turns to shit.
>>
>>84146212
Green Lanterns is the Earth book and the solicits sound better than Venditti's book

GREEN LANTERNS #6
Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art by JACK HERBERT
Covers by ROBSON ROCHA
Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“FAMILY DINNER”! The rookie Green Lanterns try to reconcile some of their differences, when Simon Baz makes a terrifying offer to Jessica by inviting her over for dinner with his family. Can the two survive this with the mysterious Guardian tracking the duo?
>>
>>84146271
What I'm saying though is if he just tries to keep the book simple and not going for huge drastic changes it can be fine. His Hobo Hal stint was pretty average and even had some good issues because it wasn't constantly the end of the universe as we know it.
>>
>>84146271
>“FAMILY DINNER”! The rookie Green Lanterns try to reconcile some of their differences, when Simon Baz makes a terrifying offer to Jessica by inviting her over for dinner with his family. Can the two survive this with the mysterious Guardian tracking the duo?

it's like a sitcom, I love it
>>
>>84146317
It's the main Lantern book so it's probably not gonna be simple.
>>
>>84145974
>stockholm syndrome

Stop being a character fag
>>
>>84146412
Sorry I don't care for flavor of the month Marvelshit
>>
>>84146412
If it's shit, I'm not going to buy it. I'll hate read it and be there as it dies just like with Earth-2.
>>
The solicits make it sound like it's all about Hal vs Sinestro again, instead of some retarded mysterious threats. Might be cool.
>>
>>84146500
>Hal vs Sinestro again
Boring. He has other villains, use them.
>>
>>84146717
No. Let Venditti retread it. Keep him on a leash with an established track to follow. We don't need the Relic fiasco all over again.
>>
>>84146717
He did just get done with using Sonar for the first time in 20 years. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that front.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.