[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have a fear of heights, then get the ability to fly does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

If you have a fear of heights, then get the ability to fly does your fear go away?
>>
>>84116512
Probably not without a lot of effort (possibly including seeing a psychiatrist, depending on how severe it is). In fact, that phobia could cause you to lose that power during critical moments.
>>
Just don't look down! Just don't look down! Just don't look down! Just don't look down!
>>
I'd just condition myself to it. Start flying around at ten or twenty feet, then when I'm comfortable with that go to fifty, etc.
Probably have to hang out in the woods or something to keep a low profile during the low altitude days.
>>
>>84116512
If you have a fear of spiders, and become immune to poison, that doesn't mean it's not gross as hell to have one crawling on you. It doesn't mean you won't jump when one suddenly appears near you. It's instinct, you just get a grip a little faster. In fact most spiders couldn't kill you before. Irrational fears are irrational.
>>
>>84116512
does ur fear of shoving a knife down ur fuckin throat go away if u have the ability to shove it down ur fuckin throat?
>>
>>84116512
I mean, it would definitely help with mine. I never had a fear of heights until I'd taken a few nasty falls. And even now I'd describe it as a fear of falling rather than a fear of heights. Being able to instantly and harmlessly deadstop a fall would do a lot towards fixing that.

Falling dreams are a special hell, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>84116512

I imagine you'd very quickly develop a deep-seated fear of having your powers fail you while you're high up in the air. What if the power is finite and you don't know when they'll run out? What if whatever powers them stops working? What if you fly too high and pass out due to lack of oxygen and don't wake up before you hit the ground? What if what if what if???

Best just to stay close to the ground. Just in case.
>>
>>84116727
As a person with fear of heights. I can tell you, your's is not fear of heights.
I don't really fear the fall, but heights do frighten me.
>>
>>84116512
no but it will get better as long as you fly.
>>
>>84116512
I'd say so, the fear comes from falling mostly, so now you have perfect control of that.
>>
>>84116707
uh...yeah actually
>>
I think invulnerability would help more.
>>
>>84116727
>a fear of falling
Except that every time you lifted off more than a few feet from the ground you'd get a paralyzing fear that *this* would be the time you'd run out of juice and the power would stop working.

Phobia's aren't rational. Someone with a fear of flying isn't going to get better because you hand them a parachute because they're mentally picturing the chute failing to open, getting tangled, getting sucked into the props, whatever.

I had a friend when I was a kid who was abjectly terrified of snakes. ANY snakes. The fact the the one I was holding was less than a foot long and BRIGHT GREEN ( harmless common grass snake ) didn't matter at all.
>>
>>84119329
>Phobias aren't rational
>Perfect if/then rationalization of what would happen if I did X

...Right.
>>
>>84116512
Well I guess it's more a fear of falling, but if you can fly good would you really orry about that?
>>
File: helpmecam.png (659KB, 570x491px) Image search: [Google]
helpmecam.png
659KB, 570x491px
I had jury duty for the first time a few years ago. The government building, which was pretty fucking big, had a glass elevator that went all the way to the top. I had to go for three days and I nearly shat myself every time. Going down didn't bother me nearly as much. Overall though, the experience was nice, got to basically sit around on the government's dime and read comics. Never actually had to sit in on a court case
>>
File: glass box.jpg (96KB, 634x350px) Image search: [Google]
glass box.jpg
96KB, 634x350px
>>84119735
Don't worry, anon. It's just an irrational fear.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.