[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a weird question, perhaps. Who are the biggest new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Here's a weird question, perhaps.

Who are the biggest new characters introduced at Marvel over the last 15 years? Kamala obviously, but who else? New characters taking old legacies obviously count, but old characters changing identities wouldn't since they were already around.

More difficult, have there been any significant or cool new VILLAINS introduced in that period? I'm having trouble thinking of any, the events have all centered around classic villains AFAIK. Even good solo book villains would count.
>>
Jessica Jones?
>>
Marvel heroes are notorious for fighting each other most of the time.
>>
>>84113986

Yeah, probably any of the Marvel movie characters too like Coulson, the agents of shield people and Peggy Carter.
>>
>>84113912
Miles Morale
He was hyped up big time by Marvel and Bendis. Still is.
>>
File: cho06.jpg (71KB, 300x678px) Image search: [Google]
cho06.jpg
71KB, 300x678px
>>84114525
Peggy was from before the movies but apparently a totally different character.

Would Amadeus Cho count for shit? I mean nobody knows about him but as far as most characters go, he still fucking exists and MC of his own comic which is more than most can say.
Oh and X-23
>>
>>84113912
>Kamala obviously

Her sales are shit, so no.

X-23 is the biggest 21st century superhero. No one else has been even remotely popular.
>>
>>84114609
>>84114660
>>84114731

Miles, Cho and X-23 all count.
>>
>>84114741
Old Man Logan?
>>
>>84114769
I don't think you can count literal alternate reality counterparts in which case we can count almost all of the Ultimate Universe.
>>
>>84114731
People are aware of her, more than most can say. Her sales are pretty average, which is most than most other new characters can say.
>>
File: ms_marvel.png (250KB, 320x445px) Image search: [Google]
ms_marvel.png
250KB, 320x445px
>>84114802

i bet her book does better with digital sales, it appears to appeal to a demo who don't really buy physical books, let alone funnybooks, anymore.

why don't they release sales data for digital, again?
>>
>>84114792
But come on, The Maker should count on this list. You know he's going to pull some major shit.
And that guy's no longer anything like Mr. Fantastic. If he doesn't count as a different character then how are we allowing Miles or Laura?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (121KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
121KB, 600x911px
>>84113912
The avenger kids were realy cool for me. to bad they are problaby never coming back
>>
>>84114802
>>84114825

Kamala's book took a lot of hits in sales when they started the big Secret Wars thing and it was put on hiatus and such, apparently. Dunno if it recovered.

Also new fans hate renumberings.
>>
>>84114837
Because they're new characters. Alright count AUs if you want.
>>84114843
We're talking about popular characters. I liked them, but they're not popular at all.
Fuck Hopeless.
>>
>>84114868
Doesn't her book skip individual months so far?
>>
>>84113912
nobody outside you waifufags give a fuck about kamala. That's why her shit book isn't selling.
>>
>>84114885
Now that's just wrong, don't shoot down the Young Avengers because they're "not popular", that wasn't the criteria, shoot them down because now that they're almost all dead they'll never have any more impact than the little bit they've already had.
>>
>>84113912
>More difficult, have there been any significant or cool new VILLAINS introduced in that period? I'm having trouble thinking of any, the events have all centered around classic villains AFAIK. Even good solo book villains would count.
I don't know if he appeared again after the first sagas of Spider-Man post OMD (I know that he was still there until Dark Reign, but I stopped reading Spidey shortly after that), but Mr. Negative was rather cool
A mafia boss kind of villain with the power of making his minion stronger and eviler. It was okay
>>
Miles. I hate admitting it, but Miles probably created more headlines and grabbed more attention than anyone else. Chances are, people who actually picked up comics due to him moved on to something else. But still, little bastard made waves.
>>
>>84114938
isnt mettle the only one thats dead?
>>
>>84114885
does hate count as popularity? if thats the case sam is realy popular
>>
I'm having trouble thinking of new supervillains who even seemed to excite people. It's been heroes fucking each other over when it wasn't Thanos and Ultron and Annihilus. Nobody gives a shit about those multiversal hunters Slott made for Spider-Man. Does Amatsu-Mikaboshi count?
>>
>>84115001
Now that you ask I realize that I don't remember.
>>
File: 90662-68379-the-hood[1].jpg (73KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
90662-68379-the-hood[1].jpg
73KB, 400x575px
>>84115028
wath about this mofo his first appearance was in 2002
>>
>>84115046
Juston Seyfert (and spelling his name that way is still obnoxious as hell) died
Reptil might have died but it wasn't very clear. The door was left open for a future writer to bring him back if they ever cared to.
>>
>>84115064
I forgot all about that guy. His potential seemed mostly used up by the end of Dark Reign, but I do remember quite a few threads jerkin' him off as he ascended to power.
>>
Gwenpool? Kate Bishop? New Wasp?
>>
I cant wait until trump is elected so we can get rid of sjw shit like this
>>
Over the past 15 years?

Hrm . . .

Miles Morales is #1, appearing in 8 different Marvel games (computer and print) in the last 15 years.

Jessica Jones, Kate Bishop, Kamala Khan, Laura Kinney/X-23, Echo/Ronin, Wiccan, Amadeus Cho, and Quake/Daisy Johnson are right behind him with about 7 each.

Thor Girl, the Iron Spider armor as well as Superior Spider-Man (if he counts) have about 6 appearances.

Angela got a big push when she was acquired by Marvel, ending up with 5 game appearances.

Nico Minoru, Chase Stein, Hope Summers, Reptil, Hulkling, Noh-var, and Old Man Logan (aganin, if he counts) have about 5 appearances to their names.

Karolina Dean, Molly Hayes, Victor Mancha, Armor, Hazmat, Lady Deadpool, Shuri, Cloud 9, Lyra the Savage She-Hulk, Blue Marvel, Fantomex, Skaar, Patriot, the Monkey King, and Old Lace have about 4 appearances.

I could go on (Silk, Anyza Corazone, Omega Sentinel, & Cammi have 3 appearances)

But I think that covers it.
>>
>>84116153
>Reptil
>Cloud 9
>Skaar

>big

Come on, man.
>>
>>84115016
everyone in Marvel hates him
everyone in real life hates me
being Sam is suffering
>>
>>84116459
>everyone in real life hates me
Sam, have you found the door Gwen Poole entered the Marvel Universe through and you reached our world?
>>
>>84116153
>Fantomex
Rip to a real nigga he about to get that purgatory treatment soon.
>>
>>84113912
X-23 and Kamala are the only ones that have been really big. Cho was big for a while but his popularity died down real quick after Incredible Hercules ended. Which is a shame, because he and Herc had some pretty great adventures.

Miles is pushed but not really all that popular.
>>
>>84116153
You forgot Dakin and Agent Venom
>>
>>84116459
Sam has become pretty popular since Loeb stopped writing him. Surprise surprise.
>>
Y'all have forgotten Sentry.
>>
>>84113912
Pixie for a while she was the knew kitty
>>
>>84116551

Agent Venom isn't exactly "new," Since both Flash and the Venom symbiote have been part of the Spider-Man mythos for a long time.
>>
>>84116280
I don't agree or disagree, I just note it how many times they've appeared in games (or requested to appear for some entries, as I included the entire "Player want" list for Avengers Alliance I)
>>
>>84116551
Daken is definitely a slip up! He has 5 appearances across various games. Sometimes, he's just listed as "Dark Wolverine" though. . .
>>
>>84116615
Sentry has 7 appearnaces, and 1 request to be in AA I.

>>84116643
Pixie only has 2 appearances (the digital X-men card game that's defuncted for "Marvel: War of Heroes", and Heroclix IIRC). So . . . She didn't make my initial cut.
>>
>>84114792
wow I didnt know steam had it's own hero
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.