[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western and eastern influence. Anime use to be all the rage back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Ckts9-3UkAA9aoj.jpg (66KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ckts9-3UkAA9aoj.jpg
66KB, 682x1024px
Western and eastern influence. Anime use to be all the rage back then in other countries but are American comics starting to become a popular influence in Japan thanks to Disney? If you could have one comic title highly exposed in Japan, which would it be?
>>
File: sha001variantsienkiewicz.jpg (237KB, 584x902px) Image search: [Google]
sha001variantsienkiewicz.jpg
237KB, 584x902px
Probably any number of the Valiant crew, but namely Shadow Man. Would love to see what they could do with the character
>>
>>84089760
Please release a Tsuyu figure so I can masturbate on it.
>>
>>84089760
>If you could have one comic title highly exposed in Japan, which would it be?
Anything but capeshit. The last thing we need is more capeshit and shonenshit intermingling.
>>
File: Prophet comic.jpg (338KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
Prophet comic.jpg
338KB, 585x900px
Prophet, I feel like the weird biotech far-future would be right up their alley
>>
>>84089760
Love and Rockets.
Also as to what you're saying it was totally inevitable for superhero films to influence animators, Disney cartoons are the reason manga even exists since it lit a huge fire among Japanese artists
>>
>>84089760
>still no BnH action figures

Come on. Figuarts or SOMETHING
>>
You know, I would love some comic to be an East vs. West type of book where it's knockoffs of DC and Marvel heroes vs. knockoffs of all the famous manga and anime characters.
>>
>>84089760
>West and east are influencing each other more and more
>and some people still feel the need to take sides and hate on either cartoons or anime
We live in a beautiful world and people need to accept that.
>>
>>84089928
Wonfest soon brother. Hold out hope.
>>
>>84089928
SIC.
>>
>>84090101
I know, it's so weird. Like, I understand not being fond of the typical anime style of character design and art, or disliking the house style of big superhero comics, but completely dismissing 2 regions because of these initial impressions? I don't know, maybe it's because I grew up reading stuff from both the east and the west, but I could never get this mindset. They're all just comics and animation to me.
>>
File: Skin-Bender_001.jpg (43KB, 292x418px) Image search: [Google]
Skin-Bender_001.jpg
43KB, 292x418px
>>84090052
Ghost Rider did some kind of weird Sailor moon thing before.
>>
>>84089760

>V for Vendetta.
>Umbrella Academy.
>Superman. (yeah, I want capeshit. You can go fuck yourself /co/).
>Hellboy.
>BRPD.
>John Contantine/Hellblazer
>Alex Alice Siegfried.
>Prophet.
>Nameless by Grant Morrison.
>Beasts of Burden.
>The Chimpanzee Complex

Specially Siegfried. Jesus Christ. What a master piece.
>>
>>84090486

Yeah. Screw the rules of the thread.
>>
>>84090486
>>Superman
They're pretty heavily exposed by that already like Batman.
>>
File: ratrangers.jpg (235KB, 1200x481px) Image search: [Google]
ratrangers.jpg
235KB, 1200x481px
>>
>>84090052
I would love if we could somehow get a big Manga guy and a big comic guy to make a miniseries like that, especially if it's played straight.
>>
>>84090559

You are right. But your logic doesn't stop my inner fanboy.
>>
>>84090052
>all the famous manga and anime characters

see the problem with that idea, if u look at superhero comics manga and anime fill a lot larger range of genres, so maybe this concept would work with like shonen manga verse superhero comics but when we start considering some of the other really well known and loved things that don't really fall into classic shonen this idea falls apart a lot
>>
Off the top of my head G-Force, Voltron, Cyborg 009 got the American comic treatment. I think Spiderman is the only one that got a manga treatment.
>>
>>84089760
Hellboy, without a doubt. I want to see what kind of inspiration they get from it.
>>
>>84091009
Didn't Guyver get an american movie or something?
>>
>>84090315
Agreed, myself i like both even when i watch anime and read manga more. Both have good sides and bad sides.
>>
File: 565666.jpg (686KB, 931x930px) Image search: [Google]
565666.jpg
686KB, 931x930px
>>84089760
I want Japan to stop treating TF as for little kids only. I'm glad MTMTE has gain a popularity there and I hope will start to sway them away from mutilating future shows to be toddler friendly.
>>
>>84091475
Okay willis.
>>
>>84091009
Batman has a manga. DC was re-releasing them as a weekly webseries
>>
>>84091146
Two.
The first one had Mark Hamill in it, the second starred Solid Snake.
>>
>>84089825
Probably they can do a better work than that fucker Milligan.
>>
R A I
A
I

>japanese over-the-top robot cyber-action
>western noir character development and plot
Holy fuck, this could work.
>>
>>84089760
Japan has always been into western comics
hell there is even an X-men anime which is pretty cool.
It's also why things like Marvel vs Capcom are popular, specially with all the Marvel based Capcom games they used to do back in the day, as well as some manga artist citing influence from certain comics.
>>
File: Casshan.jpg (31KB, 418x318px) Image search: [Google]
Casshan.jpg
31KB, 418x318px
>>84092861
Also check out the Tatsunoko characters some of the, could easily be considered western influenced comic book characters and super heroes.
Take Casshern for instance he is even spotting the tights.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.