[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to cut open shane blacks stomach and gut fuck him. Wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 31

File: image.jpg (120KB, 640x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 640x793px
I want to cut open shane blacks stomach and gut fuck him. Why is he such a stubborn talentless hack?
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/06/03/shane-black-would-still-do-the-mandarin-twist-if-he-had-iron-man/
>>
The Mandarin twist was legitimately clever and surprising. It elevated Iron Man 3 from being a generic superhero movie to something genuinely subversive and smart.
>>
>>83939455
Because he's so sure that that was the best possible way to go since it surprised audiences and we all know that all surprises are good.
>>
File: Constantine - Eh.jpg (202KB, 910x822px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine - Eh.jpg
202KB, 910x822px
/co/ hates the Mandarin, but jizzes over Harley and Joker
>>
>>83939455
That was probably the greatest, funniest fucking twist ever. Maybe they fucked it up with the Mandarin being a whinny white nerd pissed he got stood up once, but come on that shit with Ben Kingsly was GOAT. Best part is how they fucked with people during interviews.

"I didn't play him as a villain."

Only good thing out of a shitty movie.
>>
>>83939455
NOT MUH MANDARIN!!!!11
>>
>>83939455
Sorry he hated your shitty comic book villain OP. Maybe one day The Mandarin will actually get a decent storyline that doesn't either turn him into a completely different person or just make him Wizard Kim Jong Il.
>>
File: tumblr_m873lkDce91ruqc5go1_1280.png (393KB, 838x453px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m873lkDce91ruqc5go1_1280.png
393KB, 838x453px
So he has shit taste, so what? He still generally makes good movies.
>mfw The Nice Guys credits rolled
>>
>>83939515
>from being a generic superhero movie to something genuinely subversive and smart.
people do not want subversive and smart in superhero movies, which is why marvel is usually doing so good at it, because they keep it simple
secondly, it wasn't even that. If was just a twist for the sake of having a twist.
>>
>>83939611
>>83939515

Also, how the fuck else are you gonna explain that weird accent the Mandarin does?

Plus, it's the Mandarin. Who fucking cares about a small character like that?
>>
>>83939515
It was surprising, but nothing about it was clever. In a way, it serves as an analogy to the MCU as a whole: films that lure you into a false sense of belief that maybe, just maybe we'll get a movie that takes itself just a little more seriously ala Winter Soldier and Incredible Hulk. But then you get horsecock slapped by Age of Ultron and it all goes to Hell.
>>
>>83939607
>>83939611
>>83939515
And gave us a boring douchebag billionare villian who was boring as fuck, and didnt give me my mandarin that we fans deserved to see. Cut out your vocal cords, you comic traitor.
>>
>>83939665
>people do not want subversive and smart in superhero movies
Yeah, I guess that's why Iron Man 3 is the most successful Iron Man film to date.
>>
good, it was a great twist in a great movie.
>>
>>83939699
Name your top five mandarin story arcs
>>
>>83939515
Its surprising Yea, but the real one wasn't that good at all. Oh IM's bad guy this time is the generic jilted fanboy/business man.
>>
>>83939455
The Mandarin may sit at the top of the rogues gallery, but even at the time he wasn't Iron Man's most famous enemy. He came in third, after "alcoholism" and "Captain America", in that order.
>>
>>83939723
>>83939727
>>83939741
>>83939682
I do, hes mystical and asian, both which make him cool as fuck. Kys you shittaste bastard.
>>83939646
Talentless hacks never make good movies, shut the fuck up
>>83939636
Wizard kim jong ill is still fucking awsome, you fucking shitbrained retard
>>83939627
He wasnt my mandarin, which is why that fucking cunt shane black should be beaten to death in the streets!
>>
>>83939699
Please when was the last time that walking Yellow Scare was even in a comic.
>>
>>83939803
Marvel hasn't been treating a lot of their own characters with respect for a long time now.
>>
>>83939803
I dont care he was last in a comic. You shut your mouth you cynical fuck. He was based asfuck in the cartoon. So he shouldve been just as cool if not more in the movie.
>>
>>83939788
Your mandarin is a fucking joke. Nothing but a scary Communist relying on mysticism to fight Captain Free Market and his awesome american made tech.
>>
If they switched him out with someone more intimidating/ threatening it might have gone over better with me. But must of all I was looking forward to an epic science versus magic battle, that I'll never get.
>>
>>83939515
>The Mandarin twist was legitimately clever and surprising.

Ahhhh, no. It was a repeat of the twist from Iron Man 1 played for comedy, beat for beat. It's a completely tone-deaf rehash of what the previous property did that reduced an otherwise unique aspect of the Iron Man film, that for once he was facing someone who fought for ideals instead of money or revenge which made him all the more dangerous, to once again reveal it was a rich white guy who wanted money and revenge, just like the previous two movies. It completely robbed the film of any nuance or intelligence in regard to the opposition and his fight against Tony, and all for some cheap toilet humor.

It's not subversive, it's a beat-for-beat rehash of Iron Man 1. At first what seems an attack from a terrorist figure is, twist, revealed to be a figure from Tony's past who commanded said figure to attack him so that it can spur forwards his overall goals of selling weapons to the military for profit, that's all. There's nothing new, but because it was played with a different tone than the dramatic reveal of the first, people thought it unique and new, when all it turned out to be was a director staying in the comfort zone of the well-received and tried and true story of the original, but 'funnier' to have more mass appeal to those who don't like their movies to be so serious.

Comedy instead of character, rich white dude who hates Tony for the villain, over and over again so long as you buy it.
>>
Big budget movies like Iron Man 3 NEED to do well in the foreign market, especially China which only allows a set number of US films a year. China isn't going to okay a movie featuring a yellow peril character like The Mandarin so do Marvel cater to hardcore Iron Man fans who will see it anyway or the millions of dollars in China?
>>
>>83939843
>Marvel hasn't been treating a lot of their own characters with respect for a long time now
Case in point, squirral girl and female thor.
>>
>A different kind of villain than every other MCU movie so far, focused more around intrigue than being a physical threat
>A different kind of menace
>Actually memorable performance
>Magical Trevor
>Sleeping with a gun to his face after taking a really nasty shit

Sure am glad there was a twist. Sure am glad they didn't do Extremis or Mandarin. Sure am glad literally every branch of the government is full of incompetent traitors.
>>
>>83939879
Your nothing but a small dick retard who cant accept how dynamic and cool that type of storyline still is. Fuck off this board if your gonna unfect it with your shit opinions, fucking idiot.
>>
Go be a colossal fag somewhere else, OP.
>>
>>83939723
you can't measure quality by just how much they earn, because you have to take into account things like hype. When the first movie came out, no one knew how big it was going to be. It was just "another random superhero movie" but more people like it than they thought.
By the time the third movie came out, marvel and avengers made it way bigger than it ever hoped to be, so of course all those people now sucked into the hype would watch it, regardless of its quality.
>>
>>83939723
also, as i said, it wasn't even subversive and smart, it was just "what a twist"
>>
Nobody would mind the twist so much if it didn't lead into the same fucking evil corporate scumbag villain they'd already done twice before.
>>
>People still shitting on Based Black
Is it your fault that Marvel can't hire directors with a vision anymore! Thanks to your muh comics muh nostalgia! Edgar Wright will never show his version of Ant-Man.
Enjoy your shaky camera bullshit, sperglords.
>>
>>83939699
Mandarin is boring douchebag Chinese villain. So what?
>>
>>83939515
i liked it too. i wish it hadnt been spoiled for me.
now, unfortunately, who the villain ended UP being was boring and terrible. but the fake mandarin was fantastic.
>>
>>83939636
Why the fuck do people forget about Iron Man Haunted???
>>
>>83939940
Eat my fucking cock you dumbass bitch!
>>83939911
Wow, that type of shit opinions so wafy i can smell it through the screen.
>>
>>83939887
this
basically OP, Disney is hiring a bunch of yes men to "direct" the movies they want to make
>>
File: Shane-Black.jpg (22KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Shane-Black.jpg
22KB, 600x300px
>>83939455
>>
>>83939887
china is poor as fuck. they arent spending money on movies, they're bootlegging them.
>>
>>83939843
Then they're giving The Mandarin the respect he deserves in line with how he's treated. He's a dumb character who isn't relevant and hasn't been relevant for a long time.
>>
>>83939788
>being asian makes him cool
Get out, tumblr.
>>
>>83940040
Black is anything but based. Hes a retarded bitch hack, who makes shit films, and should be castrated while consious as punishment for his abuse on art.
>>
>>83940081
Tell that to Warcraft.
>>
>>83940096
>who makes shit films
Hey man, I didn't like IM3 either, but don't talk shit about Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
>>
>>83939930
K, also it's Infect.
>>
>>83940064
>tfw we will never have quality directors like in Phase One.
>>
I'm loving how OP is just playing damage control because everyone else liked or didn't mind the tweest or don't give a shit about the Mandarin.

What else, OP, are you upset that Tony didn't go through with the story about Iron Man being one of his employees? Or ready to riot because Tony is romantically involved with Pepper Potts?

Nobody gives a shit about the Mandarin but you. Get over it.
>>
>>83940133
Kek, you consider that shit movie good?
>>
>>83939788
>Talentless hacks never make good movies, shut the fuck up
I'm sorry, Anon, but you're either talking out of your ass or you've never seen any of Black's other movies. Hell, from the way you're posting you might not have even seen Iron Man 3.
>>
>>83939455
Just cause he made a shitty comic book movie, it doesn't mean he's a hack or you should murder him. Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang were both pretty good.

You sound like a faggot, OP.
>>
>Shitting on Shane Black.

W E W
>>
>>83939698
Incredible Hulk wasn't serious and arguably the worst thing in the MCU. Eat a dick.
>>
>>83940161
What's the matter? Haven't learned how to spell "dwelling" yet in high school?
>>
File: 1887 was a good year.jpg (194KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1887 was a good year.jpg
194KB, 517x768px
>>83939455
>I want to cut open shane blacks stomach and gut fuck him.

muh mandarin ;__;
>>
>>83939864
>I don't read comics
opinion discarded. keep watching your cartoons with nostgoggles on tho
>>
The mandarin twist was perfectly executed and shows a great understanding about the relationship between media and the perceptions of it (especially advertisement)

The only reason it flops on its face is because Killian is such shit
>>
>>83940261
Drink bleach you grammer nazi
>>
File: 1463240331615.png (68KB, 413x345px) Image search: [Google]
1463240331615.png
68KB, 413x345px
>"The Mandarin is so cool and was so fucking wasted in this movie"
>no one ever talks about the Mandarin unless it's to complain about this movie
>>
I honestly can't tell if people in this thread are pretending to be reactionary and thin-skinned or really are.

I'm gonna go get a glass of water.
>>
>>83940319
I am entitled as a conic fan to a true adaptation of the mandarin. I felt like shane black was personally shitting on us when that scene came up.
>>
>>83939455
>but he would work on making the actual villain of the story equally as interesting, if not more so, than the faux Mandarin
Add that and I'd be totally fine with his stance
>>
>>83940280
So this isn't a real discussion about Marvel's decision to make the Mandarin a joke, then a fire breather, then a real guy in a story that will never be followed up on.

It's just one guy telling everyone they are idiots with as many cuss words as he can. Well, thats disappointing
>>
>>83940320
You mean.

Drink bleach you grammar Nazi.
>>
>>83939723
Spider-man 3 was the most successful Spider-man movie
>>
>>83940338
people like that one issue where he's a comic book version of kim jong il, as opposed to his previous characterization, though
>>
>>83940367
> co

> conics and contoons
>>
File: ikise9w2gvbt9xnrcie0.png (407KB, 636x327px) Image search: [Google]
ikise9w2gvbt9xnrcie0.png
407KB, 636x327px
>>83940367
>I am entitled as a conic fan to a true adaptation of the mandarin.
>>
File: 1447732228982.jpg (139KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1447732228982.jpg
139KB, 500x378px
>>83939455
But the Mandarin twist was great though, IM3 was good. You're just salty.
>>
>>83940355
Who drinks water? Fucking commie scum, enjoy your lead poison, I am off to get a super duper Gulp, a one gallon bucket of sweet sweet Mountain Dew
>>
>>83939455
There was nothing wrong with the twist. The real problem is that the real villain was a weak boring as fuck character, while the "Mandarin" was at least a little mysterious.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (73KB, 531x277px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
73KB, 531x277px
>>83939803
The entire appereances of Menma Saa on Hellboy among other japanese whitches that Lobster fought.

And guess what? Turns out that Fu Manchu is an incredibly cool archetype.
>>
>>83940367
you are entitled to nothing
>>
>>83939455

Your tears fuel my black heart.
>>
>>83939879
I kind of believe that you are just butthurt from the commie part hitting close.
>>
>>83939515
>subversive and smart

"no"
more like :

"SAVE US CHINA WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!"- disney
>>
>>83939887
You could do central asia, like they were doing in the movie.
>>
>>83940528
>"SAVE US CHINA WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!"- disney
>>
>>83939455
My problem wasn't the twist that Trevor. My problem was that Killian was booooooring. He was the most generic villain ever. He had no personality.
>>
File: MCU Fucked Up.jpg (192KB, 1043x1192px) Image search: [Google]
MCU Fucked Up.jpg
192KB, 1043x1192px
>>83939455
On paper, I do like the idea of Mandarin being that fortune cookie.

But in execution, I fucking hated it and most of Iron Man 3 in general.

Should have gone the Knauf's route. That run is ripe for a movie adaptation.
>>
>>83939723
Because it was the third iron man movie.
Spider-Man 3 made more money than 1&2 as did X-Men the Last Stand did with X1&2.

They could of had a potato on screen and it still would have made money.
>>
>>83939699
>give me my mandarin that we fans deserved to see
Are this moron for real?
"fans" are nothing but annoying bitches who whine about everything related to the industry.
You didn't deserve a movie in the first place
>>
>>83939727
>the twist is that the guy you thought was a bad guy wasn't the bad guy but the actual bad guy was the other guy you didn't like and assumed was also a bad guy anyway

nice
fucking
twist

you RED CHINK BASTARD.
>>
File: 1466392744892.png (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466392744892.png
57KB, 700x700px
>>83940783
Are you retarded? Its obvious bait.

WHY /CO/ IS SO FUCKING STUPID AND GO FOR THE BAIT? EVERY FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>83939455
>there are cucks who want to give Fantastic Four and X-Men back to these hacks
Kek, kill yourselves
>>
>>83939515
It's the only thing from the movie people seem to remember, so I guess that's something.
>>
>>83939455
The Mandarin twist was fantastic and a lot better than him being the racist Yellow Peril villain he originally was.
>>
>>83939455
The problem wasn't with the Mandarin twist, it was with Killian. Killian is a horrible villain, and they fucked up both Extremis AND AIM hard too. If you replaced Killian with the actual Mandarin, then do the twist, it would have been better, though a lot more obvious.
>>
>>83940468
Your a shittaste fuck who needs to die already.
>>
>>83940851
>>there are cucks who want to give Fantastic Four and X-Men back to these hacks
>Kek, kill yourselves

Fox has literally done nothing of value with FF, and every other X-Men/Wolverine movie they do is disappointing.

Deadpool is all Fox has and they did everything in their power to sabotage it.
>>
File: image001.jpg (8KB, 165x271px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
8KB, 165x271px
>chinese leftists on this very thread ass blasted because they didn't wanted a chinese warlok as a villain, even if the concept is cooler and had more potential.

It doesn't even matter if the comic version isn't that good, the first IM movie was better than most of the publication history of IM, which shows that you can always improve a good concept.

If I was in charge Mandarin would be unexpecified central Asia. He would summon with his alien tech an Old monster buried in the ground, on determined space dragon that you all know. Last act would be all the armors against Fing Fan.

You could even change the little boy that helped Tony with a asian boy from a shitty country, that by the actions of Tony as IM years before, managed to get a better life.
>>
>>83940887
Tumblr please.

Its a fantastic archetype.
>>
>>83941064

Mandarin isn't a good concept, he's THOSE SCARY FOREIGNERS ARE TAKING OVER
>>
File: 135246323.jpg (17KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
135246323.jpg
17KB, 400x306px
sup
>>
>>83940887
Hellboy makes Yellow Peril work. Why being a faggot about it?
>>
>>83939455

Would he make Maya hansen the main bad guy tho? That'd be a good improvement
>>
>>83939515

It'd have been good if they didn't play it for comedy. If it was actually a statement about how we invent our own easy-to-hate enemies to take ownership for the problems we cause ourselves that'd have been good.

They didn't even have to use the mandarin, that statement works perfectly fine with an original fake villain. They also didn't have to make him such a joke. Both of these things were unnecessary, and also what fans seemed to hate most, so why not just skip them?
>>
>>83941178
Hellboy's about devils and monsters and wizards and shit. The highest tech they get is Nazi superscience. That same sort of stuff would be a bit of a tonal clash with bleeding edge billionaire playboy Tony Stark.
>>
>>83941151
>narcistic guy with huge intelect
>relation with eastern magic and aliens to add some exóticas flavour
>often also a white colar villain to mirror Tony on more recent takes

If you can't do anything with this concept you are a braindead person without imagination. You just has to know how to execute him.

Why the concept seems to trigger you so much?
>>
>>83940096
How is it possible to have this much bad taste?
>>
Marvel trying to take it back with that one shot is the most weak piss thing ever. Shows how craven they are to whining fans. Shane Black reinterpreted the Mandarin, so what? Who the fuck even cared about him?
>>
Why didn't Tony just call his suits the moment Jarvis reactivated

He could have gotten a suit before Home Alone-ing his way into the "Mandarin"'s mansion, but didn't
>>
>>83940096
The Nice Guys was dope.
>>
>>83941249
IF your justification is that the executives would be insecure to add magic-like technology I could see your side.

But if your complain was "ofensive or bad concept" it would be just a worthless statement.

Anyway, if Thor can exist, I could see Mandarim working as long as it is stabelished that the magic of Mandarim is actually alien technology, like they do on the comics.
>>
>>83939515
Yes because the thing Marvel needs more of is generic evil white businessman villains.
>>
>>83941364
Its not like people cared about comic Mandarim, it was just a missed opportunitty to make something more interesting.
>>
>>83941364
I did, shut the fuck up you retarded cynic.
>>
>>83939515

>The Mandarin twist was legitimately clever and surprising

No it wasn't. It's something I'd expect from a fucking comedy and it completely destroyed the audiences ability to take the movie seriously at all. Especially this movie marketed as a darker story.

>>83939699

I agree with this anon's sentiment.
>>
>>83940174

>Nobody gives a shit about the Mandarin but you. Get over it.

Daily reminder "Nobody gives a shit" means "*I* dont give a shit but this is an appeal to the majority". No YOU don't give a shit because you're a fucking casual that's never enjoyed an actual comic.
>>
>>83939515
>legitimately clever

Literally the first scene in the movie is a nerdy scientist being rejected by Tony Stark, and then later ominously fooling around with Tony's wife

Even blind people were probably like, "I bet that dude's the villain"
>>
>>83941729

When did Tony get married!?!
>>
>>83941766
Who cares
>>
>>83939455
Every time I pass this thread in the catalog I imagine the Mandarin Twist as a dance move and it makes me giggle
>>
>>83939986
>>83939953
You're not looking at it from a normie perspective.

It's incredibly smart for them because they see it as connecting with current politics.

A higher power using the fear of the foreigner to shift the direction of its own politics is something everyone from the past ten years is familiar with.
>>
>>83941729
His rule could have been done by Killian, while still working with proper Mandarim. You old have had proper villains while still keeping the same simbolism.
>>
File: 1464753837370.jpg (100KB, 756x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464753837370.jpg
100KB, 756x480px
>>83940468
Pretty much this. IM3 had faults; the Mandarin wasn't one of them. He works well in the context of the film. If anyone deserved rewriting it's Killian. And basically every scene involving Pepper.
Shane Black is great, and OP is a child for writing off an entire career for the final act of a single film.
>>
>>83939455

It was a fun movie, just saw the last bit of it recently.

Now, I truly do not give a shit about the Mandarin, and I can sympathize with the people who likes him. But aside from that, what the fuck were you really expecting from this movie? A blowjob?
>>
>>83939455
What twist?
>>
See, OP, the problem is that you're expecting too much of the villain in a series that is all about it's protagonist.

The Iron Man movies all have the essence of Tony Stark, and that's why they don't play around with concepts too much. And that's also why they don't just follow the rule of cool for the sake of it.

It all goes back to how being a dick to people and a tech genius comes back at him. And how he creates his own problems. The Mandarin being a chinese dude would have zero connection with that.

He's Marvel's Jimmy Neutron.
>>
>>83942924
>The Mandarin being a chinese dude would have zero connection with that.
He doesn't have to. His opposing ideals are enough.
>>
>>83939515
I liked it.

People who throw a fit are just the same old

"NOT MUH ________"

noise
>>
>>83942924
>And how he creates his own problems.

Like, oh I don't know, telling Congress to go fuck themselves because he's privatizing world peace by utilizing his own weapons to protect them, thereby inspiring a radical who thinks the leaders of the world are not only incapable of protecting the peoples as they see fit but also stopping those with power from doing so?

Yeah, how could him being a raging asshole about his tech to the government ever come back to bite him by inspiring someone to 'privatize world peace' in his own way, and gather followers who all think they're doing the right thing as they face him? Especially someone from CHINA.

Nobody from China would have any ideas about the Government being both incompetent, corrupt and unable to protect the people, right?
>>
>>83943222
>>83943095

I'm not saying they couldn've done it, I'm just stating one of the possible reasons.

That plot would make Civil War less important, I guess.

I don't dislike Iron Man 3, it's better than the second one.
>>
>>83939455
Shane Black is a great director, his movies are all good and so was IM3. Keep crying about muh Mandarin, OP.
>>
I would like to see his original version of the script one day. It's clear Rebecca Hall was supposed to be the main villain but that got changed because of "toy sales" or some other BS. I liked Killian fine, but their was clearly some hasty rewriting going on there.

Iron Man 3 was great fun, and finally gave us Shane Black back, The Nice Guys wouldn't exist without IM3 and his new Predator and Doc Savage movies wouldn't either.
>>
>>83943165
What if I don't like movie Mandarim AND comic Mandarim, but still think that it could have been better?
>>
>>83944150
This is how I feel. I didn't like comic Mandarin and then I felt like the movie was really winning me over on him only for them to take it away.

Though my, and seems like a lot of other's, real issue with the movie was that Killian was just really boring.
>>
>>83940367

I agree with this, both that the fans are owed an honest attempt at adapting a character and that Black was shitting on fans the entire time. What was up with that guy who got Stark's face tattooed on him? That was just trying to make fun of perceived "fan boys".

Shane Black didn't want to do a super hero movie it feels like, rather he wanted to do his own action-comedy using Marvel as a cover.

>>83940338

>I am a new fag and wasn't around to see the Mandarin story times posted every night for months before the movie.
>>
File: 1466188321974.png (97KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466188321974.png
97KB, 250x250px
>>83939455
>Not muh mandarin
Will /co/ ever shut up about this? You'd defend garbage if it came out of one of your baby books.
>>
>>83939723

Compare ticket sales to DVD sales and their is your answer. Successful in the box office doesn't mean it was a good movie, it means they advertised it good enough to get people to see it. Imagine if they had to give people their money back who didn't like it. Imagine how successful it would of been then.
>>
>>83940040

>! Edgar Wright will never show his version of Ant-Man.

This is fucking bait, it has to be.
>>
>>83940452

>As a dumbass SJW I see racism everywhere instead of understanding the underlying hisotrical events and concepts that inspired the character.
>>
>>83944381

>Shane Black didn't want to do a super hero movie it feels like, rather he wanted to do his own action-comedy using Marvel as a cover.

People say this like it's a bad thing. Directors have done this with adapted works literally since the invention of film, fidelity to the source material is second to the actual quality of the movie and if you get an actual talented director they're most-likely going to want to do their won version to the story then sticking to the source.

But if anything, the whining has gotten worse over the past 15 years. You'd think nerds would have fucking figured this out at some point, but the self-entitled whining has not only gotten ten times louder, now it can actually affect the work itself thinks to the Internet.

Why does this fucking matter to you people so much? Why can't you just read the comics and be fine with that, how has nerd culture as a whole not fucking gotten it through their thick skulls at this point?
>>
If i'd done the twist. I'd keep all the Ben stuff, but make the whole thing M.O.D.O.K as the true villian. Hell they introduced AIM in that movie. If your not gonna do Madarin give me an awesome twist.
>>
>>83940783

No fans are customers and their the reason these people have roofs over their fucking heads and food in their fucking stomach. They wanted my money but won't give me the product I thought I was getting. Somehow I'm not entitled to a better product for my money but their entitled to my money for their shitty product.

Funny how that works out huh? So no if I see the name "Shane Black" on fucking ANYTHING I know for a fact not to give it my money again.
>>
>>83939455
>talentless hack
Fuck you dude. Shane Black is amazing.
Go watch Nice Guys now
>>
>>83941670
Because it was a comedy.
A buddy "cop" comedy.
Is this your first Shane Black movie? Dark shit with comedy is his thing
Go watch kiss kiss bang bang right now
>>
>>83941273

Exactly. I say it everything thread we have on the subject but Mandarin was supposed to be Tony's OPPOSITE on everything, even geography. Tony is the West, Mandarin is The East. Considering how shitty the East was when these comics were being written, it makes a lot of sense. And I'm paraphrasing what the writers said at the time. He was never a "FU MANCU" character like these guys make up.

But it's the modern SJW that can only think in terms of projected racism, whatever shallow assessment they make on the surface.

>>83941364

No it showed Marvel actually realized they fucked up hard and were trying to do SOMETHING to get people back in theaters. Thor's box office performance sucked because it was right after IM3 and large portions of the MCU audience weren't going to give them another chance.
>>
File: 7002898_orig.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
7002898_orig.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
>>83944478
>the underlying historical events and concepts that inspired the character.
>>
File: where do you think we are Snake.jpg (231KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are Snake.jpg
231KB, 700x525px
>>83944506
>nerds
You're wrong though.
The quality of the film cannot exceed 5/10 if the film is not true to the source material.
You aspire to work in holywood don't you? Get the fuck off my board.
>>
>>83944565
Your are going to miss a lot for just for hating a simple twist.
Hell I felt similar with nolan for the bane plot twist and still went to see interstellar
Is borderline childish to do something like that
>>
>>83944633
>He was never a "FU MANCHU" character like these guys make up.
>>
>>83939455
Based Shane Black
>>
>>83944633
>Thor's box office performance sucked because it was right after IM2 and large portions of the MCU audience weren't going to give them another chance.

Thor the Dark World made 700 million dollars.
>>
>>83942924
>>83943095
>>83943222

Yeah it shows how little thought was actually put into this.

Disagreeing this "expecting too much of a villain" comment because the VILLAIN MAKES THE HERO. That's how it works in the cape genre and I think people like Black don't know enough about it to capture it. Their used to making movies where the antagonist is some guy just there to be knocked down or over. Super villains are different. They're symbols of problems and how those problems always come back or turn into something else.

Stark, especially MCU Stark needs an actual villain he's opposed with so he's not just fighting himself and his friends all the time which is getting really fucking old. IM3 was Marvel's chance to give him that character development and they blew it making it a joke.
>>
>>83944664
Wrong. Kubrick is a clearly example of going in a different way from the source material to make a good movie.
Hitckcock also did it.

Even people like the cohen brothers or joe hillcoat
>>
>>83939665
Nigga, he didn't want to sew nationalist fearmongering by painting China as some looming threat to America like the original villain did. Instead he put the blame on corporations. There was a point to the twist.
>>
>>83944687
You are personally salty over this?
>>
>>83944762
I'm talking about shit like vidya and comics.
When you completely wash away the rich source material in favor of your own shit/something simple you end up with either a travesty like Avatar the Shit Bender or the millionth and 1 bland action movie like Michael Bay presents: Explosions.
>>
>>83944752
>Yeah it shows how little thought was actually put into this.

Iron Man 3 made over a billion dollars and was widely critically praised.

Marvel/Disney got everything they wanted, all things considered.

I assume they have long since stopped giving a shit about a movie they made three years ago.
>>
>>83939455
Iron Man 3 was terribawful.
>>
File: 1363965332146.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1363965332146.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>Iron Man 1
>Main villain is an evil businessman.
>Iron Man 2
>Main villain is an evil businessman.
>Iron Man 3
>Main villain is the head of an international terrorist group responsible for Iron Man's original abduction back in the first movie, and he has these mystical rings that--
>Oh wait no, it's another evil businessman.
>Also he's on fire.
>>
>>83944506

>People say this like it's a bad thing.

It IS! I mean sure, sometimes directors can make things better with changing something. But this is NOT one of those cases. I wanted to see a Marvel movie, about Marvel characters I already love. Don't pull your own crap into the movie, that's disrespectful. If I adapt someone else's work I'll adapt it as close to the original as possible.

Shane Hack was just doing his own thing all around. It IS a bad thing to do that your audience. It's like you ordered a cheeseburger, then you were given a taco and told you're not any fun because you didn't like your surprise not-the-cheeseburger-you-thought-paid-for.
>>
>>83944687
>Could've gotten evil, karate master with 10 alien rings.

Damn
>>
>>83944821
>You are personally salty over this?

I literally own around a hundred classic issues of Iron Man that my dad bought for me when I was a teenager.

The Mandarin is a mediocre villain who deserved to be overhauled.

I assume the majority of you complaining about comic book purity have never actually read an old Iron Man comic.

It's juvenile and asinine to get mad about Shane Black or Iron Man 3.
>>
>>83944687
>>83944653

Well tumblr, lets not have any more Asians doing anything since you refuse to see them as nothing but stereotypes while telling other people they're doing just that.
>>
File: 3Mandarin-finger-400x440.jpg (93KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
3Mandarin-finger-400x440.jpg
93KB, 400x440px
>>83944920
>Well tumblr, lets not have any more Asians doing anything since you refuse to see them as nothing but stereotypes while telling other people they're doing just that.

me so solly Mandolin not comic book acculate in iron man 3

i bring much dishonor to my famiry

i commit harikiri for emperor chin

fry rice buffet half price for half hour
>>
>>83944664

>The quality of the film cannot exceed 5/10 if the film is not true to the source material.

That's fucking stupid, they aren't beholden to the source at all. They have to work on their own merits.
>>
>>83944913

>Get opportunity to take old "yellow peril" Asian villain and update him for modern times, possibly giving Tony Stark a true ideological rival that isn't just another businessman.
>Lol just kidding, fooled you, here's another evil businessman Stark wronged!
>>
>>83944835

So explain why Black was offered directing roles from Marvel/Disney when reviews were coming out for the film and then suddenly he's not offered those roles anymore and isn't involved with them at all after the films released and fans reacted.

Could it be that they realized he was shit. If she's so good why did they drop him? Because they know fans, true fans, are fucking PISSED at him?

And again and again and again you conflate "did well in the box office" with "automatically good movie" okay... McDonalds has served over a billion people worldwide! McDonalds is the best food ever right? Again DVD sales have been abysmal so what does that tell you? A bunch of people went to see the movie thinking it was something else and thought it sucked, but the money was already spent and tallied.

That's not a good measurement of quality, just a business metric.

>>83944913

If he need to be overhauled, making him a fucking joke wasn't the way to do that.
>>
>>83944964

At this point I'm betting his poster is a butthurt insecure Asian American.
>>
>>83945070

>So explain why Black was offered directing roles from Marvel/Disney when reviews were coming out for the film and then suddenly he's not offered those roles anymore and isn't involved with them at all after the films released and fans reacted.

Because he wanted to do his own thing afterwards? Black isn't really a comic book guy, he's not going to stick around with the Marvel stuff. The Nice Guys is more his speed.

And he's finally doing Doc Savage, which is is what he's literally been trying to get made for the last 20 years. I think everything has worked out pretty alright for him.
>>
>>83939455
He's right. Iron Man 3 is really damn good, and people dislike it for shallow reasons like.
>Not enough Iron Man (when movie 1 had like 10 minutes of him and RDJ still gets involved in plenty of shit)
>Too much comedy (blows Whedon's quips out of the water and plays with expectations effectively)
>Mandarin twist (Mandarin is a shitty character and Trevor was hilarious)
>Iron Man stops being Iron Man (he doesn't, it was left open. The destruction of the suits and the removal of the shrapnel was meant to be a symbolic gesture about Tony letting go of his anxiety and paranoia)
>>
>>83939682
Man you weren't here when IM3 came out. Fucking Iron fags were pissed about the Mandarin. They're still booty blasted, just look at OP.
>>
>>83939455
Of course he would do it again. What, do you think he did it on accident? Or that he had all this time with this movie, but couldn't decide what to do with the villain until the last second and panicked? Do you not think directors and authors do what they do with intention?
>>
>>83944762
I hope you're not talking about The Shining. Because the TV movie was way better than his version in terms of story, and a little more accurate.
>>
>>83945056
>>83945070

"You guys are pretentious faggots" is honestly what i'm left with for a rebuttal.

You might as well waste your time arguing that Kermit the fucking Frog should be reimagined as a science experiment who gets sodomized by an evil bearded lumberjack.
>>
>>83945267

The TV movie was fucking terrible m8. It replaced Kubrick's constant cinematic dread with endless boring conversations between actors clearly phoning it in.

>a little more accurate

Who fucking cares? Why does this matter to the quality of the movie?
>>
>>83944913
Other anon on this thread literally had a better idea o how to take Mandarim than the writters. >>83941064

You are just acting like a huge faggot, only a complete retarded would think that characters are inherently wrong, instead of the writting and execution.
>>
File: 291055-112600-the-mandarin.jpg (17KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
291055-112600-the-mandarin.jpg
17KB, 400x306px
>>83945070
>Because they know fans, true fans, are fucking PISSED at him?

Your opinion is worth less than dog shit to Disney.
>>
>>83944506
>Directors have done this with adapted works literally since the invention of film

Except for Tom "Let's have yet another scene that interrupts the plot to masturbate over how great nature is again" Bombadil not being in Lord of the Rings, it's resulted in a shitty product time after time.

People like you and your fucked up backwards-ass logic are the precise reason that there's STILL only been one good video game movie ever, in all of history, and it came out twenty goddamn years ago.
>>
>>83945267
>Because the TV movie was way better than his version in terms of story

Oh wow, you must genuinely have a personality disorder.
>>
>>83939455
I liked it, what is the problem?
>>
>>83939515

>Smart

Yeah until its ending got retconned out of existence the first chance Marvel got and still stands as the worst example of respecting the continuity aspect in the entire MCU.

And Killian calling HIMSELF the mandarin later cheapens the whole thing anyway
>>
>>83945429
>Other anon on this thread literally had a better idea o how to take Mandarim than the writers.
>You are just acting like a huge faggot, only a complete retarded would think that characters are inherently wrong, instead of the writing and execution.

I'm going to go and but Iron Man 3 on blu-ray just to mock you. You can't stop me. I'm just going to keep giving Disney money.

The Mandarin is a joke character from old racist comic book who got written as a fucking joke just like he deserved to be.

And it will stand that way for all time. You deserve to live in the world where Iron Man 3 made over a billion dollars

I hope bad things happen to people you love so you can exert an iota of empathy towards something in your life that actually matters and not a fictional movie.
>>
>>83945447

Video games are stupid and deserve to be badly made into bad movies.
>>
>>83945447
>twenty goddamn years ago
Prince of Persia is not that old, dude.
>>
>>83945384

Well at least you admit you have no argument.
>>
File: 1465837460133.jpg (91KB, 650x638px) Image search: [Google]
1465837460133.jpg
91KB, 650x638px
>>83945589
Lmao

That was a pretty autistic reaction to a divergence on whefe to take a fucking movie.

Who hurt you? Do you know that this s just a movie right? And a character from comics?

You seriously look butthurt, or it is just bait.
>>
File: 1457998871689.jpg (119KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457998871689.jpg
119KB, 650x1000px
>>83945589

Holy fuck the butthurt is palpable. Did the Mandarin rape your dog and then eat it? Chinks eat dogs, right?
>>
>>83941391
I was pleasantly surprised by it and I'm a little bummed that it didn't really leave an impression here in the states box office wise.
>>
>>83945783
>Well at least you admit you have no argument.

I feel like I'm in a room full of sneering frenchmen wearing berets, and it's best to flip over a table, make a scene and get kicked out of the party.

Because you faggots actually think the Mandarin being a fakeout was somehow an unforgivable sin, when the rest of the world stopped giving a shit years ago and has moved on completely.
>>
>>83945863

Anon, where do you think you are? Posting about shit you don't like is a timeless pastime here, "moving on" never comes into the equation.
>>
>>83945589
Kek, it was retconed due to popular pressure already buddy.

You sound like a fucking crazy nationalistic chinese peasant.
>>
>>83945799
>>83945830

The two of you should perhaps take a second look at what I actually wrote.

You seem to have misunderstood my stance on this issue entirely.
>>
>>83945908
>Kek, it was retconed due to popular pressure already buddy.

Marvel included a dangling plot thread in a blue-ray DVD extra to pacify spastic fanboys.

It was never meant to be followed up on and is a classic bait-and-switch to have their cake and eat it too.

>You sound like a fucking crazy nationalistic chinese peasant.

How do I sound nationalistic?
>>
>>83945863
I feel like you are exagerating a lot the fact that I simply didn't liked the direction that the writter choose. I don't like the Thor movie either, will you throw a tantrum too because of it? You are projecting hard, and screaming like a retarded just because someone didn't liked what you liked.

This my friend, is autism.
>>
>>83939646
The Nice Guys was a great movie, but Shane Black's style doesn't really work for CBMs.
>>
>>83945915
Lmao

You are literally saying that want to waste money to spite anonymous people on the internet just because you didn't liked their opinion on a block buster. You are a huge faggot anyway.
>>
>>83946001
>writter

You've misspelled the word "writer" in every one of your posts.

>This my friend, is autism.

No, it's pedantry. Autism is a spectrum disorder with a variety of symptoms, none of which are diagnosed by a selfaware critical analysis of the adaptation of a character between different mediums.
>>
I like it, but only because I don't give an ounce of fuck about Iron Man and Mandarin. Never read a single story about Mandarin.

Casuals who despise twist annoy me, everybody laughed in theaters. They should be bitching about how Killian was a shit villain, not about what could've been, even though they don't understand what could've been. Basically, hate for wrong reasons.
>>
>>83946092
Ok, this has to be bait.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
>>
>>83946060
>You are literally saying that want to waste money to spite anonymous people on the internet just because you didn't liked their opinion on a block buster.

Well when I write sensible, reasonable opinions, I am ignored.

By process of elimination I have discovered you want me to make statements that will lead you to calling me a faggot.

You are here to read polarizing, divisive statements seemingly made in moments of anger or confusion so that you can feel intellectually superior to other anonymous people.

I am a huge faggot. Thanks for noticing me.
>>
>>83946164
/tv/ is other way.
>>
>>83939455
He's right to think so though, since it was a good plot twist.
>>
I don't know anything about comics Mandarin, so this isn't some MUH MANDARIN thing, but I was also pissed as hell by this stupid twist. Why? Because Ben Kinglsey's Mandarin was AMAZING! He was great, and all the shit the trailers promised us was great, and then suddenly it's really Trevor Slattery who is shit, and it's also really Killian who is also shit.

And "All Hail the King" is just frustrating, because it's basically throwing the fans a bone that they'll never explore further because they're too afraid of confusing the casuals.
>>
>>83946182
Your entire argument is >huuuuuurr its racist with us chinks, you can't reimagine a character. Obviously forgetting characters like Mr.Freeze for example.

Like a fucking faggot dude, your argument is emotional and devoid of any reasable statements.
>>
>>83946278
Yes, it looked like we were finally getting a great villain on the MCU, but we ended with two failures in a movie instead. The only reason that people talk about Killian is to say how boring and worthless he was.
>>
>>83946359
>Your entire argument is >huuuuuurr its racist with us chinks, you can't reimagine a character. Obviously forgetting characters like Mr.Freeze for example.

Mr. Freeze wasn't a racist stereotype.

And the Mandarin was reimagined. He was reimagined as a facade. It's done. It happened.

>Like a fucking faggot dude, your argument is emotional and devoid of any reasonable statements.

Emotional? This thread was started by someone who is still upset about a movie that came out three years ago.

My argument is founded on good taste. It is in bade taste to think the Mandarin twist is somehow less creatively sound than an "authentic" Mandarin.

There is no authentic Mandarin to adapt. Both are equally overhauls.
>>
>>83946182
>I will just be stupid and scream like an idiot to get noticed

Looks like you learned something with the Marvel way of business and how they manage their comics.
>>
>>83946422
>The only reason that people talk about Killian is to say how boring and worthless he was.

And yet they can't seem to shut up about him, which betrays their pathetic obsession.
>>
>>83946568
>wasn't a racist stereotype
Tell that to the Germans.
>>
>>83939455
>Christmas buddy cop movie
he's so creative

I fucking hope he dies in a fire
>>
>>83946587

Pretty much, yeah, most people are sheep, and they herd towards the loudest voice in the field.

And you all play into, over, and over, and over.
>>
>>83946602
>Tell that to the Germans.

I'll ask where they were between 1939 and 1945 first.
>>
>>83946643
>the Nazis were in power during this time period
>therefore every German is evil forever
Oh. Okay.
>>
>>83946643
The Chinese communist party killed way more people than the Nazis did though.
>>
>>83946568
What a faggot.

So your argument is to scream like tumblr over the way that a character was represented decades ago? Also, you are again looking like someone that takes it personally.

>My argument is founded on good taste. It is in bade taste to think the Mandarin twist is somehow less creatively sound than an "authentic" Mandarin.

>stop liking what I don't like, stop updating things that trigger me! What I say is true because I said!
>>
>>83946643

Ah, and the troll finally reveals his true colors.
>>
>>83946659
>Oh. Okay.

Yes actually.

Because of Nazi Germany no German is allowed to complain about the original depiction of Mr. Freeze.

It's in the Geneva Convention.
>>
>>83946682

I don't see them in this thread complaining about the Mandarin, do you?
>>
>>83946659
>>83946682
Its obvious that is a butthurt chink at this point. They aren't the types to admit their genocides or to accept chinese inspired villains.
>>
>>83946706
Well it's not like they have access to the internet when they're in whatever the Chinese call their gulags.
>>83946719
Does the Chinese market mean we'll never get any Chinese villains in the movies again?
>>
>>83946687
>>stop liking what I don't like, stop updating things that trigger me! What I say is true because I said!

The Mandarin would be completely forgotten if he wasn't Iron Man's archnemesis.

He was never remembered by anyone as a great character. So he got overhauled for the movie.

That's it. End of story. Real faggots are the ones complaining they got "cheated" out of a real Mandarin.
>>
>>83940240
>Incredible Hulk wasn't serious and arguably the worst thing in the MCU. Eat a dick.

Kevin Feige, please go to bed.
>>
>>83946278
This.

The mandrin was always going to be hard to pull off even without the yellow peril stereotype. But if any actor could've done it would've Ben.

>>83946762
>>83946568
>There is no authentic Mandarin to adapt. Both are equally overhauls.

Yes. He was Iron Man's nemesis in the comics. But here is a joke chacter with little dramatic pay off.

Imagine if 20 minutes into the dark Knight, Batman just curb stomped joker and the rest of the film would've been two-faced and the gangsters. I think you be a little bit pissed.
>>
>>83946596
>didn't talked about this movie in years
>express an opinion regarding a shitty movie
>suddenly this faggots appears like he is in the middle of a fucking conspiration against him

Chill dude, you should sleep.
>>
>>83946719
>Its obvious that is a butthurt chink at this point. They aren't the types to admit their genocides or to accept chinese inspired villains.

How pathetic are you that you've somehow interpreted I'm a Chinese nationalist simply because I won't put up with your bad taste.

Shane Black made the right call. He recognized the character of the Mandarin was a joke who could be the facade of the actual bad guy, and that audiences would mostly dig it.

The movie made over billion dollars, and was widely well received.

I've seen threads like this pop up every few months for the last few years. It's the same feckless whine every time.
>>
>>83946819
Are you implying you wouldn't have enjoyed Two-Face icing gangsters? Because I would have.
>>
>>83946819
>Imagine if 20 minutes into the dark Knight, Batman just curb stomped joker and the rest of the film would've been two-faced and the gangsters. I think you be a little bit pissed.

False Dichotomy.

The Mandarin was not killed 20 minutes into Iron man 3. The Joker was well remembered as both a classic comic book villain and Batman's greatest enemy. The Joker was never a racial stereotype.

The Mandarin is not the Joker and never will or could be.
>>
>>83946762
>until the twist Mandarim was being a way better villain than most of the ones of the MCU

>but I'm fine with having shitty Killian in his place even if he doesn't have a personalitty, because the character in the movie that wasn't even chinese offend my chink feelings and maaaaai comunist party

That's some serious brainwash there.
>>
>>83946821

Very little of your post made any sense. I think you should follow your own advice and go to bed.
>>
>>83946819
>But here is a joke chacter with little dramatic pay off.
Killian was the Mandarin anon.
>>
>>83946843
i don't think that's what he meant. i think he meant that the movie would be a bit disappointing if Two-Face was the main antagonist instead of the villain that was featured primarily in all of the movie's advertisement up to its release.
>>
>>83946827
Everyone was complaining about it buddy. That's why they even created a new Mandarim, something that they never did for any other complain of the MCU.
>>
>>83946875
>muuuh racism

Patethic.

Nigga wasn't even chinese on the movie.
>>
>>83946880
>>until the twist Mandarim was being a way better villain than most of the ones of the MCU

He was a one-note terrorist bad guy. He was playing into an easy different stereotype.

>>but I'm fine with having shitty Killian in his place even if he doesn't have a personalitty, because the character in the movie that wasn't even chinese offend my chink feelings and maaaaai comunist party

You have such a weird racist projection that I couldn't possible just be someone who thinks the character was stupid.

And I liked Killian, Guy Pearce is a great actor and I thought he brought a lot of physicality to the role.

>That's some serious brainwash there.

Brainwash about what?I have a very reasonable informed opinion that disagrees contradicts your thin-skinned imaginary fantasy about all the supposed potential Iron Man 3 HYPOTHETICALLY could have had.

You're angry about an imaginary movie in your head.
>>
>>83946922
>Everyone was complaining about it buddy.

Nerds are tiny vocal minority. Nothing said mattered.

>That's why they even created a new Mandarin, something that they never did for any other complaint of the MCU.

Yeah, as a token effort to pacify sperglords. Congrats, you contributed to a mouth-breathing cacophony Marvel bothered to officially acknowledge.
>>
>>83946961

Tell me, how would you feel about Batman fighting a Gollywog named Jigaboo in his next movie?
>>
>>83946914
Killian doesn't have presence or charisma to pull it off. Presentation is important to make your villain manacing or interesting.

>>83946961
The thing, is that complaining about race is his only argument. Nigga can't just accept that someone doesn't like a fucking movie without throwing a tantrum.
>>
File: 1448538385695.jpg (786KB, 1332x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1448538385695.jpg
786KB, 1332x2048px
>>83946970
>You're angry about an imaginary movie in your head.

Ok people, we can't argue about MCU movies or make critics to them, much less try to come with ideas on how they could be better. This is the trigger of this anon.
>>
>>83947030
>The thing, is that complaining about race is his only argument.

That's not true at all. You've willfully ignored every other point I've made.

>Nigga can't just accept that someone doesn't like a fucking movie without throwing a tantrum.

Throwing a tantrum? OP wanted to cut open Shane Black and fuck his intestines.

This thread has long since stopped about whether people liked the movie or not.

I feel the Mandarin was lame character, it was fine for Ben Kingsley to play him as a false figure.

You guys are jerking each others dicks about how much cooler it would have been if there was no twist.
>>
>>83947027
Not him, but do you mean Killer Croc on half of his representations?

Also, as was said, a lot of characters, like nazis are vilified by pop culture. Even if Mandarim wasn't chinese on the movie, I don't see the problem of adressing him as one of the supporters of the comunists genocides. Which isn't even his characterization for the last decades.
>>
>>83947030
>Killian doesn't have presence or charisma to pull it off.
But that isn't a response to "Killian is the Mandarin." You can still not like Killian, but trying to make it seem like the Mandarin was only the Slattery joke character is fallacious.
>>
>>83947074
>come up with ideas on how they could be better.

It's meaningless. It's a like a fucking child deciding to rename things, it holds no weight or authority, will quickly be forgotten, and is a minor distraction from the real world.

>"Gee golly I sure wish Batman was in Captain America Civil War, the Russo brother are faggot cuck hacks for not including him tee hee I'm so much smarter and could be a better writer and director than everyone else garsh"

This is what you morons sound like chortling to yourselves.
>>
>>83947123
>You guys are jerking each others dicks about how much cooler it would have been if there was no twist.

And what is the problem faggot?
>I DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTER AND IT MAKES ME PARTICULARY MAD SO STOP DISCUSSING NOW!

Do you still insist that you are not a faggot after this? Not being able to accept other points of view on any way is sympton of being autistic.
>>
>>83947156
>I don't see the problem of adressing him as one of the supporters of the comunists genocides

The movie was made three years ago. It already exists. You are describing fan fiction.
>>
>>83947212
>Do you still insist that you are not a faggot after this?

If you mean a weak or feckless person, then no.

>Not being able to accept other points of view on any way is symptom of being autistic.

It's not a symptom of autism at all. I doubt your qualification to diagnose.
>>
File: 1466378072710.png (938KB, 733x2198px) Image search: [Google]
1466378072710.png
938KB, 733x2198px
>>83947189
Ok, its autism.
>>
>>83947216
Great reading interpretation.
>>
>>83947263
>Ok, its autism.

When you substitute the word autism to describe a person who disagrees with you, it doesn't add any emphasis or legitimacy, you're just contrarian.
>>
>>83947276

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Tip your waiters.
>>
>>83947283
This isn't what contrarian mean.
>>
>>83947283
I'm just describing you by the way you make your arguments. Chill out, I already explained why I think that you are just using emotional arguments with no substance. Me calling you an autistic is just the reaction that I have when I see the pattern that you follow when answering this, which really makes me remember of autism.
>>
>>83939515
this, the hate for the twist all boils down to autism

Ironman 3 is good
>>
>>83946742
The Mummy 3 tried to get away with it by making the villains enemies of Mao and the communist party.

But they still got mad for Emperor Chin being a bad guy.
>>
>>83939788
is obvious troll at this point.
>>
>>83939515
This.

It was good as Thor the Dark World.
>>
The first Mandarin twist with the identity being completely fictitious and played by an actor was perfect. The second with Killian being the real Mandarin was fucking awful.

>>83939729
I love how it's been over six hours and there have been no replies to this post.
>>
File: lol.png (33KB, 190x205px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
33KB, 190x205px
>>83939729
Fucking exposed.
>>
>>83944964
That pic looks so badass
>>
File: 2016-06-21_12-47-00.png (1MB, 1280x512px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-21_12-47-00.png
1MB, 1280x512px
Who's this? I still don't know.
>>
>>83939515
Oh yeah Iron Man 3 goes down as one of the greatest works of art in the genre because it baited and switched fans and replaced a threatening villain with an insufferably generic one, a true Dark Knight killer if I've ever seen one
>>
>>83939455
>talentless
>the director of The Nice Guys

I know all you consume is cape media but come on
>>
>>83944627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU_8qZLFOs

Tell, what part of this trailer says "buddy cop" movie to you?
>>
>>83945589
>The Mandarin is a joke character from old racist comic book who got written as a fucking joke just like he deserved to be.

So I guess you also okay with marvel white washing the ancient one to be a white person?
>>
File: SHUT UP HIPPY.jpg (106KB, 407x546px) Image search: [Google]
SHUT UP HIPPY.jpg
106KB, 407x546px
>>83939455

>Shane Black
>Talentless hack

Shut up manchild. He's a legitimately smart writer with excellent dialogue and a knack for playing with genre expectations and subverting tropes. Just because he didn't play a ridiculous yellow peril stereotype straight and cater to your nostalgia doesn't make it bad writing. He took a character with zero modern relevance and turned it into something topical and surprising.
>>
>>83945267
>the boiler exploding cause he forgot is the better ending

I'm sorry Mr.King, let it go, your ending was meh at best, the maze was... well amazing as an ending. The searching forever in the snow lost till he freezes to death? That's leaps and bounds better than a big kaboom
>>
>>83940096
>Lethal Weapon
>The Long Kiss Goodnight
>Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
>The Nice Guys
>Shit

Get fucked, m8
>>
>>83949148
It's ok if it's a genderless white alien, that's an even bigger minority.
>>
>3 years later neckbeards are still mad about muh mandarin.
Amazing.
>>
I just want to thank you all for some of the best laughs I've had reading what you wrote in quite a while.
Whether intentional (I doubt it) or not.
>>
I wish they stop making it Tony or related to his daddy involvement for Tony's antagonist.

>Obadiah
>Whiplash
>Killian
>Ultron
>technically Zemo
>technically Bucky

Mandarin would have at least been an external force. I fucking feel they'll fuck it up and introduce Arno Stark as the true Mandarin.
>>
I don't give a shit about comics Mandarin. I loved movie Mandarin up until the twist. He was a great, sinister villain who got completely shat on so that Iron Man could fight another evil white businessman.
Even if they do follow up on Hail to the King (they won't), I won't give a shit because he won't be played by Kingsley.
>>
>>83949774
Vast majority of people who complain about it are casuals who don't even know who Mandarin is.
>>
>>83939729
>9 hours and 33 minutes
comfimred for mandarin being a shitty villain
>>
>>83950038
Casuals love this movie.
>>
>>83939515
Why would an actor agree to this? He's now wanted by all major western powers and any minute a SEALs team could break in and assassinate his ass no questions asked.
>>
There were absolutely no Mandarin fags before the Iron Man movies. None. He had one cool story in the comics when the Carnivale guys were writing the Iron Man: Director of SHIELD book and that was it. He's not very cool and not very interesting. Get the fuck over it, Op.
>>
>>83939886
Was it autism?
>>
>>83940081
apparently there is shady ways for movies to make money back on opening in China cinemas by buying so many tickets on opening

forgot the specifics but they were talking about it on /tv/
>>
>>83941670
Good thing the Iron-Man movies are very clearly action comedies, then.
>>
>>83939455
Black's a fantastic writer/director and is one of the most talented people in mainstream hollywood rn.I dislike Iron Man 3, twist included, as well as all marvel films since the Hulk, yet you calling him a hack shows how fucking autistic you really are.
>>
The only reason why anyone hates the Mandarin twist is because Killian was so fucking lame. The twist itself is great.
>>
>>83947380
>I'm just describing you by the way you make your arguments. Chill out, I already explained why I think that you are just using emotional arguments with no substance.

You're presenting yourself as being the more rational, sensible person, when your argument is as equally meaningless.

You're unbelievably pretentious.
>>
>>83948559
>That pic looks so badass

He looks like He-Man and not in a cool way.
>>
>>83950187
I liked the Mandarin, but I'll admit that I was a fan of him from the Iron Man cartoon when he had his trusty MODOK sidekick.
I thought the movie twist was funny, and they've given us that little Mandarin short afterwards anyway. What do people really want?
>>
>>83949148
>So I guess you also okay with marvel white washing the ancient one to be a white person?

They should have cast a multiethnic actor or actress.

I suspect the scar on Tilda's head is going to tie into her being a former patient of Strange.
>>
>>83950477
Come on now, I think our pretension is completely within belief.
>>
>>83950530

No, it really is absurd, bordering on non-sequitor.
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.