[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What property does Warner Bros have that DC can use to compete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What property does Warner Bros have that DC can use to compete with Marvel's Star Wars comic books?
Let's be honest, Star Wars is the only reason Marvel is still on the charts
>>
>>83906811
Nothing on that level.
>>
Theoretically Harry Potter or LoTR but neither would actually allow it.

CW2 might be doing damage to the main line though. We'll see what the numbers look like by the time it reaches #4.
>>
>>83906811
the reason is because DC is selling like complete ass. like, complete and ctotal ass, and ANAD is selling bad enough, so that's how bad DCYou did.
and letting the books go on for 12 issues was a bad financial decision
Hence Rebirth and double shipping a listers
>>
>>83906811
DC is doing great in the market that actually matters
>>
>>83906811
are comic book sales actually a market that matter anymore?

I mean compare the amount of money they bring in to movies, tv shows or other forms of media

they are a niche market, probably more important for the sake of image and prestige than anything else anymore
>>
>>83907008
Trades are the future and I'm so happy I can see the shift start to really happen now.
>>
>>83907064
Again, adaption money does not filter back into comic cash flows. It's completely separate.

Why do people not understand this?
>>
>>83906811

>Star Wars

>not the MCU

Comics are a dying medium.
>>
WB got cucked by Rowling

There should 100% be a Harry Potter cinematic/cross-media universe by now with her not writing any of it.
>>
>"Star Wars is the only thing propping up Marvel"

I don't understand why people keep saying this.

From the time of the Marvel Star Wars launch, there have been, like, 2-4 Star Wars books at any given time. And besides Darth Vader and the main Star Wars book, they all do as well as any other Marvel book.

Since like April 2015, the sales have been pretty unremarkable -- decently strong, sure, but nothing that Marvel couldn't fill in the space with other series.
>>
>>83907064
yes dc and marvel comics are separate from the movie, show, etc divisions. so of course they'll want to do something when their sales are going down. ogns and trades aren't enough for a month to month basis

wb was unhappy with how dc was selling before the reboot so they pushed them to do something about it.
>>
>>83907064
Nope the companies are just IP buckets for the studios to draw from and make money, Disney just happen to be better at it.
>>
>>83907200
Maybe they can ease her into it with the new movie and play coming out, she is getting greedy enough
>>
>>83907148
I mean, from the point of view of the owner of the license which do you think they care more about?

a dying publication industry or a lucrative business in royalties from selling the license
>>
>>83907248
WB and Disney want the comics to be profitable on their own. Whether movies are successful or not is a separate concern unrelated to publishing.
>>
>>83907208
They don't look close enough at sales. Yes Star Wars are some of Marvel's best sellers, but just look at

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-04.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-05.html
and all the months before it.

Wish I had saved those pics of somebody taking away the #1s and Star Wars so people could see just how badly DC is doing right now. ANAD is doing poorly compared to Marvel's other relaunches, and Marvel is obviously apprehensive about Rebirth, so they're rolling back to their more successful relaunch with Marvel Nower.

>Rebirth is just for putting trades out faster!
It's also for double shipping their A list books.
Batman Rebirth #1 and Batman #1 will probably sell more than Omega Men, Midnighter, and maybe another book combined.
>>
>>83907248
WB cared enough to push them to make more money, resulting in New 52.
>>
Marvel's been beating DC for decades now, Star Wars has nothing to do with it. The last time DC even was seriously pulling in the numbers to be on the same field as Marvel was the beginning of the New 52.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.