[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So will Skallox and Baz become lantern buddies in the up coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

So will Skallox and Baz become lantern buddies in the up coming Red Lantern story?
>>
>>83864011
No. Skallox will be dead.
>>
>>83864011
I thought Lantern-folk used spaceships because Ring Powered flight is not fast enough for space transportation.
>>
>>83864124
No, rings can do fucking anything.
>>
>>83864011
Skallox is dead anon

>>83864124
That was kind of true in the cartoon, not really in the comics
>>
Aren't the rings' effectiveness tied to their emotions? Seems like a gun would be a good thing to have around in case you need to kill something you're feeling a bit indifferent towards.
>>
>>83864237
Seriously? What about charge? Wouldn't flying from a planet to another needlessly deplete their rings? I'm just starting out with Lantern books, but it's really goofy if they employ spaceships just 'cause.
>>
>>83864344
Why don't they just integrate their charging lanterns into their uniform so they don't have to worry about their rings powering down?
>>
File: Arisia15.jpg (419KB, 969x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Arisia15.jpg
419KB, 969x1428px
>>83864344
They can just carry their lanterns with them to recharge.

Abin Sur died because he rode a space ship instead of using his ring due to some prophecy he was told. Spaceship travel is really uncommon for Lanterns.
>>
>>83864344
The olden day explanation was that they opened wormholes to their destination via the ring. This was needed because Oa is far as shit from everywhere. Nowadays it's that they go into a pseudo coma state while the ring moves them fast enough for travel.

>>83864458
>No one does the infinity symbol greeting anymore

It fucking hurts.
>>
File: Green Arrow09.jpg (82KB, 400x606px) Image search: [Google]
Green Arrow09.jpg
82KB, 400x606px
>>83864456
Their lanterns are big chunks of metal. "Wearing it" isn't really practical for most species.
>>
>>83864513
>Nowadays it's that they go into a pseudo coma state while the ring moves them fast enough for travel.
That is stupid and worse in every way.
>>
>>83864456
I thought they had to leave the lantern at a secured location because it's too dangerous to just carry something so powerful around when it could fall into the wrong hands. Welp, I guess I should stop making assumptions.
>>
>>83864545
Welcome to a lot of the changes that were introduced past Rebirth. We also have that stupid ass lantern symbol coming out of the chest thing that EVS loves to do. The yellow impurity just being "you weren't trying hard enough to not be scared" and everyones favorite blue midgets becoming mini Hitlers.
>>
>>83864518
Just make it like a backpack and it shouldn't be a problem for any human-sized person to tote around. Your image makes a better argument that they're a bit fucked if it gets damaged.
>>
>>83864602
>everyones favorite blue midgets becoming mini Hitlers
Again? I always hated that the Guardians and GLC have protected the universe for billions of years with only a few hiccups like the manhunters, but they go completely off the deep end during Hal Jordon's time as a Lantern.
>>
>>83864513
I haven't actually heard of that and modern gl is what got me into comics.
>>
File: Guardian riding a motorcycle.jpg (372KB, 971x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian riding a motorcycle.jpg
372KB, 971x1498px
>>83864664
They were tough but fair back in the 70's/early 80's and when they came back from their break in another dimension getting that Zamaron pussy after the Crisis happened, they were much more open to suggestions from the corps and open to change. I mean they fucking let G'nort join the corps on Guy's recommendation despite being a complete fuckup and masquerading as a false lantern for years because they thought it'd be funny.

Then after Rebirth it was like every one of them except Ganthet just gave absolutely no shits whatsoever about the corps and only went for the end result which made them do terrible shit like banning emotions and later on make zombies that would absorb lifeforms.
>>
>>83864011
This page makes mewanna start reading gl again, hold me back spirit of johns, lead me not into temptation! !!
>>
>>83864926
Red Lanterns is cancelled, so don't bother.
>>
>>83864011
What did she want to tell everyone?
>>
>>83864062
>>83864239
He'll come back r-right?
>>
>>83864982
>cyanidegasohthankgod.jpeg
>>
>>83864984
she's gay
>>
>>83864124
Lantern Rings have always pretty much been TOP tier in space flight speed. They were designed to handle flying around an entire sector of space like it was a beat cop's foot patrol area.

The spaceship was a contrivance on the show so the cast would have a shared small space to facilitate conversation and social interaction. Makes perfect sense, but it's not because the Ring travel speed is slow in the comics.
>>
>>83864926
GLs has been meh so far and HJGLC is just more Venditti

Don't bother
>>
>>83864239
>>83864062
When did he die?
>>
Man I miss Zox. Soule's run was kinda silly, but still dope af.
>>
>>83868663
Soule's run and Omega Men are the only good lantern things since Johns run ended.

Sinestro wasn't that great.
>>
>>83864878
>The guardians no longer give advice.
To be fair I can't call it a move in the wrong direction, just a bit too far.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.