[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Told 'ya. http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/1 6/marve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 40

Told 'ya.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/16/marvel-spider-man-clone-conspiracy

>For months now, Spider-Man comics have been building up to something big. Actually, it goes back longer than that. For almost as long as Dan Slott has been writing the character, he’s been dropping hints and arranging pieces for something major. Spider-Man fans have certainly started seeing hints pop up over the last few months, mostly involving a mysterious man in a red mask and the banner “Dead No More.” Certain recognizable dead characters from Spider-Man’s history have even started appearing in the flesh, from The Rhino’s wife Oksana to Gwen Stacy herself, at the end of Spider-Man’s recent Free Comic Book Day story. Fans have been misled about one aspect, however; “Dead No More” is not the real title of this story. EW can now reveal the true name of this major story: The Clone Conspiracy.

>“Clone” is obviously a loaded word for Spider-Man fans, dating back to the original Clone Saga in the mid-’90s, which began by replacing Peter Parker with a younger clone of himself and ended in tangled plot lines and a total reset. It left a strange legacy of complicated baggage, but Slott likes to think of that stuff as “scar tissue.”

>“I think more than any character in the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man is about heart,” Slott says. “And ever since Amazing Fantasy #15, for him it’s also been about loss. ‘With great power comes great responsibility.’ He learns that lesson at the life of Uncle Ben. And then, years later, Captain Stacy dies in front of him, and it’s almost the exact opposite. He did everything he possibly could! He did try to live up to his responsibility and use his power, and still he lost someone very dear to him. So loss surrounds Spider-Man. We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death. ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”
>>
>The Clone Conspiracy will feature the return of The Jackal, a Spider-Man villain who has closely been involved in past cloning storylines. Although Slott and editor Nick Lowe are coy about exact story details at this point, they promise that this time The Jackal’s plan is different, in both style and scope - one that will possibly go beyond cloning, to questioning the very boundary between life and death.

>“The Jackal has always seemed to be obsessed with cloning Spider Man and Gwen. He’s had a very narrow focus,” Slott says. “That’s led to very interesting stories in the past, but you have to stop and think, if you’re The Jackal and you take science to the next level, what’s more important to you than just cloning Gwens and Peters? What does this character want, and what’s he going to do with this awesome science?”

>“This is not your normal super villain plan,” Lowe says. “That’s what makes his evolution even more interesting.”

>The Clone Conspiracy will be a standalone five-issue miniseries, written by Slott and illustrated by Jim Cheung, with the first issue hitting stands in October. Slott will be walking up to it with Amazing Spider-Man issues 16 through 18, in which, he teases, “some big, primal things happen that will have a long-standing effect.” Slott will also be writing concurrent stories with the main event, alongside co-writer Christos Gage, in Amazing Spider-Man #19-23. There will also be a few other tie-ins, including Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 (check out the beautiful cover by Alex Ross below). If that sounds like a massive event, that’s because it needed to be.

>“As we were building it, the story got bigger than the container we were able to hold it in, and there was material for some of these major characters that just couldn’t be contained,” Lowe says.
>>
>But despite the large amount of books involved and the years-long build-up, Slott wants to make clear that the story will also be accessible to new readers, or long-time Spider-Man fans intrigued by this new clone saga.

>“As much as there’s all these touchstones for people who have been reading the book for a long time, there’ll also be great jumping-on points for people who have been Spider-Man fans their whole lives who want to come back and see what we’re doing,” Slott says. “When you jump in to the prelude issues, or the series proper, it will take you by the hand and lead you into this fresh hell.”
The miniseries' connecting variants are the "Dead No More" teaser images by Alexander Lozano.

This storyline will last into early next year.
>>
brb killing myself
>>
Absolute shit
>>
CBR's article:

>http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/spider-man-dead-no-mores-true-title-revealed-clone-conspiracy
>>
>>83847497
This. Goodbye.

>>83847507
It summarizes all of the greentext above.
>>
>>83847438
But The Jackal is laaaaaame
>>
File: pottery.jpg (29KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
29KB, 500x335px
>>83847438
>clone event
>art by one of the biggest sameface offenders
>>
File: 1459689118504.png (127KB, 230x209px) Image search: [Google]
1459689118504.png
127KB, 230x209px
>>
File: 1454841020126.png (113KB, 424x307px) Image search: [Google]
1454841020126.png
113KB, 424x307px
>more clone shit
>>
File: Ocksransom.jpg (39KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ocksransom.jpg
39KB, 720x540px
>>83847429
>More Clones
Enough stalling! Where is Otto?
We just want closure!
>>
File: 1466043197078-co.jpg (14KB, 225x235px) Image search: [Google]
1466043197078-co.jpg
14KB, 225x235px
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 659x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 659x667px
>is a "writer bring back a concept that everyone hates and tries to make it cool/good"
When has this worked before ?
>>
File: disbelief.jpg (59KB, 509x931px) Image search: [Google]
disbelief.jpg
59KB, 509x931px
I hate Slott and I know this event is gonna be bad, but I can't help but still be a little bit interested because of Kaine.
>>
>>83847461
I reckon Aunt May will die in the annual, her being fatally ill happened in the previous clone saga, might as well kill her again in this one
>>
>>83847429
>>83847438
>>83847461
Someone put me out of my misery, please
>>
>>83847644
Pretty much this. I only got interested when I saw the teaser and Kaine was back.
>>
File: Spider-Man066.jpg (178KB, 486x738px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man066.jpg
178KB, 486x738px
muhh Reilly!!!
>>
>>83847644
What if is not kaine but Ben ?

What if Kaine is planned to appear in web warriors ?
>>
>>83847429
>Told 'ya.
Congratulations on figuring out water is wet.
>>
>THE FUCKING CLONE SAGA

AHAHAHAHAHA BRAVO MARVEL
>>
>>83847429
We already knew it was the Jackal and everybody guessed it was clones.
The only surprise here is that they changed the title from "Dead no more" to "The Clone Conspiracy". I prefer the original title.
>>
When will you retards stop buying Slott's shit so he can be fired
>>
>>83847429
Does that mean we're getting Judas Traveller back too? They might as well at this point.
>>
>Spider-Man comics have been building up to something big
See this? This is part of the reason why Spider-Man comics are shit now.
They're always trying to do something big, while forgetting that there are more good Spider-Man stories that are more focused on character development/interactions than big world-changing events.
>>
>>83847593
He's going to download into a clone. Probably his own, maybe one of Peter's.
>>
>>83847802
Normies will always buy Spidey books anon. Slott's staying there for a long, long time
>>
>>83847802
Literally who the fuck on /co/ is buying Slotts shit?
>>
So how long until we retread "No Peter, YOU are the clone!"?
>>
>>83847429
>The Jackal is just another villain in a suit now
Please, stop. I mean, Jackal is not a stalwart design for the ages, but do you really need to squeeze out every drop of originality in comics?
>>
>implying there will be two ASM books on the top ten comic books list for at least a month starting this October
>it may get a preview in the upcoming Marvel NOW! [2.0] free magazine
>>
>>83847823
But nobody remembers the issue where Peter was stuck in the suburbs, they remember Otto stealing his body.
>>
>>83847863
But anon he has a mask now! A jackal mask! An EGYPTIAN jackal mask!
>>
>>83847863
I disagree, I like his new design more. Especially the Anubis mask. Makes his whole "Jackal" theme make more sense.
>>
>>83847877
What about the Kid who collects Spider-Man?
>>
So have they explained why that stupid spider glows on his new costume yet? They've joked about it in numerous books, but have yet to actually explain why it glows.

I realize Pete and Tony have switched places but I refuse to accept the pacemaker/arc reactor spider symbol...
>>
>>83847826
Hopefully one of Peters. Then Slott can continue to write the Adventures of Superior Doctor Octopus long after he's left writing Spider-Man.
>>
Damn when is Slott gonna be off Spider-Man? He is absolute trash
>>
>>83847438
So if the actual story is happening in a miniseries, what will ASM be doing?
>>
File: deadpete.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
deadpete.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>83847429
>>83847438
>>83847461
I will only begin to care if they use this to bring SpOck back.

I mean he'll probably just got back to being Doc Ock because he got cucked, but it would be nice if he jacked a Peter clone and helped Peter fight a clone Doc Ock or something.
>>
File: ''other samples''.jpg (142KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
''other samples''.jpg
142KB, 791x1200px
>>
>>83848109
nasty
>>
>>83847857
My wacky, crummy fanfiction theory...Peter, MJ and May are all clones. Peter and MJ have been since 2007, May since she was brought back in 1998. The real Peter and MJ were the ones from Renew Your Vows and Marvel will pull a Pre-Flashpoint Superman in time for the marriage's 30th anniversary in June 2017.
>>
>>83847429
Yeah, no fucking shit. Everyone knew it was Clone Saga 2 the second Jackal was the villain.
>>
>>83847898
But the character never had anything to do with Egyptian mythology, he called himself The Jackal because both the animal and himself were cowardly predators, and it later got retconned that his first successful experiment was a werejackal he made while working with the High Evolutionary. It's just cool for the sake of cool.
>>
>>83847662

Thank goodness Pete's savoir is currently in Deadpool/Spider-Man to bail him out again. What will it cost Pete this time? First time was his marriage?
>>
>>83848176
HA
That would be the only positive thing marvel could do that could compete with Rebirth/Wally/Pre 52 Superman
>>
>>83847662
>>83847662
aunt may was a clone all along
>>
>>83848274
>he called himself The Jackal because both the animal and himself were cowardly predators
And that's a stupid reason. And it was never cool.
The Egyptian mythology fits because the jackal represents Anubis, God of the Dead. Since the Jackal's cloning is pretty much bringing people back to life, I think it's quite clever.
>>
so whats the best thing we can get out of this?
the return of kaine, ben and spock?
>>
>>83848356
Yeah, as much as I hate Slott, this seems like a good re-imagining for Jackal. I always hated the way the Jackal looked. Freaky looking green dude was already taken by Green Goblin and Jackals aren't green, give him something better.
>>
>>83848356
Yeah, sure, I suppose so. I just wish he didn't go for the "man in suit", even a fucking labcoat would've been better.
>>
>>83848358
>retcon Sins Past by having it have been a clone of Gwen Stacy all along
>Peter actually was the clone this whole time, bring back Ben as the one true Spider-man
As much as I love Spock, he would only really work as a villain at this point and where's the fun in that?
>>
>>83847707

It's all I want out of this. Just bring Ben and Kaine back and because new series always spin out of crap like this, give them a Scarlet Spiders series for clone bro adventures
>>
File: scarletspiders.jpg (723KB, 1600x1180px) Image search: [Google]
scarletspiders.jpg
723KB, 1600x1180px
But we already had a great book about clones during a different shitty Slott event.
>>
>>83847787
>We already knew it was the Jackal and everybody guessed it was clones.
This.
I don't know why everyone is bitching moaning and groaning. We knew this all weeks ago
>>
>>83848518
>tfw Ultimate Jessica Drew will probably never be in a book again
end my life
>>
>>83848066
sady he won't as that version of Otto is probably before the failing to stop the Goblin arc and admitting Peter is right.
>>
>>83848518
I've seen a lot of people sour on Costa after that with Web Warriors, and I don't get why. The guy is a pretty good hand, has great ideas and he makes it a fun book. I reckon it's just some people are butthurt he does nothing with Mayday and glorifies Gwen (I don't like Gwen all that much, but I think his take on her is just about the best there's been)
>>
>>83847877
Oh, right. Forgot that Marvel would tell EARTH-SHATTERING WILL CHANGE THE UNIVERSE FOREVER garbage like Superior Spider-Man instead of good stories.
Silly me.
>>
>bringing back the clone saga

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>83848415
you can't retcon ben turning into dust
>>
wah wah wah boo hoo.

Gonna better than the second clone saga for sure.
>>
>>83847711
Kaine is in the preview poster
>>
>>83848691
Sure you can, that wasn't actually Ben, it was a clone of Ben.
>>
Someone please wake me up when Dan Slott's reign of shit is finally over.
>>
>>83848691

Ben and Peter were out for a little bit when Osborn had them. Plenty of time to swap in another clone.
>>
>>83848642
But anon, Superior Spider-man was one of the all-time best Spider-man stories.
>>
>>83848302
his company, including all the good it did
>>
>>83848711
Will it be better than Spider-Girl's Clone Saga though? Mayhem was chill. Pity it kind of ended on a wet note.
>>
>>83848748
I'd rather read OMD than that.
>>
Huh. Can't tell if this is a serious attempt at writing or if it's just baiting angry comic book nerds into >buying it so that they can complain.
>>
File: sorry spider-man.jpg (54KB, 500x221px) Image search: [Google]
sorry spider-man.jpg
54KB, 500x221px
>>
>>83847826
> Even more SpOck
Aw lahdy.
>>
>>83848748
it's not even the best thing Slott has written. Big Time, Spider-Island, Spider-Man & Human Torch, and his She-Hulk were all better
>>
>>83848797
it's a serious attempt at baiting comic nerds
>>
>>83848853
Also I'd say the issue about Marla's death was the best thing Slott has written.
>>
>>83847429
>More Clones
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!
>>
>>83848595
I just find it boring.
>>
>>83848759
Depends. But everything is automatically better than the 90's clone saga mess.
>>
You know, I actually would have preferred my original expectations that a villain was using magic to bring people back to life again, and not fucking clones.
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 1280x720px
This better be the finale of the slott run
>>
>>83847429
Whenever Slott says something like "that's not a cliche, that's a new view" or similar, I just stop reading.
>>
>>83849151

Seven more years, apparently.
>>
>>83848933
I love No One Dies, but I give most of the credit to Marcos Martin. Their collaborations are always great - that Shocker issue was pure fanservice for me.

I find as a general rule, especially with Slott, that artists seem to have the power to really bring out the best or the worst in a writer.
>>
>>83848595
The book seems to just be Gwen and Ham with some other people. Coasta seems to not care about anyone buy Gwen and Ham.
>>
>>83849151
It's only the beginning.
>>
>>83847429
More proof that this are the new 90's, it's the marvelution all over again
>>
>>83849246
As someone who started reading comics in the early 90s, I for one welcome all these appeals to my nostalgia.
>>
>>83849206
Welp, see you in 2023 guys
>>
>>83849348
Will any of us live till 2099? Or will Stan claim us all?
>>
>>83847642
Didn't JMS do the same with Peter & MJ?
>>
You know, between Civil War II and this, it genuinely feels like Marvel has run out of ideas. Like, it's as if Marvel is so confident that what they put out sells that they don't even get the faults people see in them. Where Civil War II has a plot so full of holes that everyone is pointing it out, this Clone story feels like Dan Slott going "Oh, you guys hated the Clone Saga? Well, I'm trying to make a checklist of all the Spider-Man cliches, so deal with it. You'll like it cause I'm writing it"

It reeks of hubris.
>>
>>83847707
>that suit
Unf my dick
>>
>>83849446
>it genuinely feels like Marvel has run out of ideas
The same can be said of the upcoming Death of X storyline and Marvel NOW! 2.0. How sad.
>>
>>83849455

I don't think I'll ever understand the half-boots.
>>
>>83848518
>a great book
Lets not be too hasty... it was OK. It was the best thing released as part of Spider-Verse, yes. But in the grand scheme of comics its like 6/10. Its not great.
>>
>>83849446
Marvel has been recycling its ideas since the 80's
>>
>>83848356
Clever on like, a Highschool softmore level.

Marvel already has an Anubis. THE Anubis. Why make this guy Anubis too?
>>
>ITT: Fags who haven't read the clone saga
I hate to be the contrarian but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I'm saying this because I know that most of you haven't read it, in typical /co/ fashion.

If anything, the current shit with Regent is worse.
>>
>>83849446
>it genuinely feels like Marvel has run out of ideas.
welcome to the past decade and a half of marvel, glad we got you outta that cryo tube and that you're catching up so fast
>>
Ooh, the Clone Saga!
Will we see an appearance from Joystick and Polestar?
>>
>>83849446
Marvel corporate is reusing stuff, but due to the belief that a big recognized thing is a better sell than new things.
>>
My penis is so erect right now.
>>
>>83849572
Like half of Ben's part was okay. The second Peter was back it became emblematic of the worst pitfalls of American comic books.

That page with the literal copy-paste Spider-Men is indefensible.
>>
>>83849572

The Clone Saga as a whole sucked but there are plenty of individual stories that are solid, like the lost years or media blizzard
>>
KAINE is where??
>>
>>83849572
Lady Octopus trying to utilize the INTERWEBS says you're retarded.
>>
If they bring back based Ben, I will be ok with this
>>
>>83849586
One can only hope
>>
>>83848066

Isn't the real Ock actually dead and admitted Peter was the better Spider-Man?

The one inside that robot is a digital back-up that's creeping on Anna Maria. The back-up will probably load itself into a Peter clone for more Superior Spider-Man shenanigans while the real Ock stays dead.
>>
>>83849572
I've read it when it came out, plenty of long-term and old fans hated that Peter was retconed as the fake one.

the entire event was sub-par with just your 90's pathetic attempts to try to outdo swamp-thing style "everything you know is wrong" reveals.
>>
>>83849698
This sounds so ridiculously bad and almost inevitable. After all, Spock is Slott's husbando.
>>
>>83847429
>to Gwen Stacy herself, at the end of Spider-Man’s recent Free Comic Book Day story.
I didn't see this, what is it in? A quick google shows that it was part of the Cap is hydra issue, but the one I downloaded doesn't include the Dead no More part
>>
>>83849777

At least the original Ock is staying dead and has closure, though he might come back to help Peter when the backup inevitably enacts it's evil plan and tries to do stuff to Anna Maria.
>>
>>83849793
The FCBD Cap issue.
>>
>>83847429
I can feel the reset coming
>>
>>83849572
I'd rather read about Regent than about Judas Traveller or Scrier.
>>
>>83850037

Hey, that Traveller/Scrier twist was genuinely surprising.
>>
>>83848109
Did Kaine ever find out that it was Spock who treated him like shit and not Peter? Because that issue broke my heart
>>
>>83849572
Oh slott is worse, but that doesn't mean the clone saga isn't crap, it's only saving grace was that doc ock arc and that ben is a fucking bro
>>
>>83850106
You mean the twist where "lol Judas isn't a reality warper, he's just a crazy discount Jason Wyngarde, also Scrier is just a bunch of dudes using fake magic tricks"?
>>
Damn, they fucked up the name of storyarc.
"Clonespiracy"
>>
>>83850153

Better than "gotta catch 'em all!" stabs at fanbases.
>>
>>83850106
Lol no they were irrelevant to the end, the gaunt/robot master twist was more interesting and nobody cares about that one either
>>
>We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death. ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”

People coming back from the dead? In comic books? Wow, what a concept! Slott is truly a visionary to think of such an original story.
>>
>>83847644
Let's hope Sport doesn't do anything stupid to Kaine again this time,around.
>>
>‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”
>>
>>83847429
>Death of X! Long Live the Inhumans
>Clone Saga 2.0
>Civil War 2
>Nazi Cap: #NeverTrump
Are you ready /co/? Are you ready for Marvel to finally lose all the good will they got with those fucking movies and return to their 90s almost bankrupt state?
>>
>>83848312
Agree, I would love to see more Annie Parker...
>>
>>83849848
I would've been real happy with Ock joining Parker industries after being revived. Would've been quite something to see an arch nemesis turn into the protagonist's ally for more than two issues where they take down a common threat.
>>
>>83850269
>wanting more slott OC's
>>
So whats going to be different this time? I guess jackal might put the dead peoples brains inside of the clone bodies, but for example, uncle Ben's brains should have deteriorated by now.
>>
>>83850269
You're kidding right?
>>
>>83850249
Marvel could shut down their publishing arm entirely and they'd still be raking in cash from the movies.
>>
>>83847642
The Ultimate Universe clone saga was actually good
>>
I haven't been following Spider-man for a time, by Gwen Stacy coming back do they meant Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool or the 616 Gwen?
>>
>>83850153
Do we even know if Traveller kept his mutant illusion powers after M-Day?
>>
>>83850298

That would actually be interesting. After the backup is defeated, Ock sticks around in another Peter clone to help Parker Industries. He can act as Peter's body double in public.
>>
>>83848748
Said like a true casual.
>>
>>83850403
A clone of 616 Gwen.
>>
>>83850403
Spider-Gwen was is from another universe. 616 is coming back and people think she'll stick around.
>>
>>83850403
A clone of 616 Gwen. Roughly the 16th to date
>>
>>83850420
I dunno, even in the living brain bucket of bolts Otto has been trying to usurp Peter's control of the company
>>
File: conspiracy-keanu.jpg (27KB, 551x549px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy-keanu.jpg
27KB, 551x549px
>>83849446
What if they haven't run out of original ideas...

What if we've run out of original criticism?
>>
>>83849446
Loaded question but what is Civil War II even about and what are the plot holes? Seems so unnecessary...
>>
>>83850632
>>>/9gag/
>>
>>83850603

Point. Even when he's trying to be nicer, Otto would probably try to take control of Parker Industries.

It'd make total sense to him too. HE'S the one who actually built it, albeit in Peter's body, so it's only natural he gets control back.
>>
Clone saga torrent where
>>
>>83847585
>someone else saved my crop

I feel pretty special.
>>
>>83850693
Honestly if they talked it out and Otto made a convincing gesture of good faith Peter could probably be convinced that while he's the better spider-man, Otto is the superior CEO.

If he did get a clone body of Peter's, they could agree to pretend he's a legit clone like Kaine and Ben, as in, has all of Peter's recent memories as CEO (Which Otto was in the room for most of anyway) and say they're splitting the burden of the company between them when in reality Otto is running everything while Peter just uses the labs and offers advice
>>
>>83850269
>wanting Annie May
>not wanting Mayday

Did you experience some brain trauma?
>>
>>83850403
>Gwenpool
You realize that isn't Gwen Stacy, right?
>>
>>83849206
His contract is up in 2018. We don't know if he'll renew yet. He was offered Batman and Superman the last time he was negotiating
>>
>>83850899
We all know Venom-X was the superior May Parker
>>
>>83850883

A Spider-Men team up book starring Peter, Ock, and Miles?

How do you think Otto would react to Miles anyway?
>>
>>83850415
He wasn't on the list of 198 mutants who stayed powered after M-Day. So no, he doesn't have his powers any more.
>>
>>83850657
Nothing actually important. Notice how it isn't even talked about in any comic that doesn't have the "Civil War II" banner.
>>
>>83850743
Google it. Stop being a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>83850939
PETER YOU SIMPLETON HAVE YOU BEEN NEGLECTING YOUR PROTOGE? CLEARY IT FALLS TO ME TO FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED, AGAIN, AND GIVE THIS LAD SOME PROPER TRAINING
>>
>>83850975
>Notice how it isn't even talked about in any comic that doesn't have the "Civil War II" banner.
That's... pretty standard. If it was going to get mentioned then they'd put the banner on it even if the only connection to CWII was an off-hand comment about it. Welcome to event tie-ins.
>>
>>83850927
My head canon is that everything post-OMD is an AU. The real follow up is in the MC2 Spider-Girl series.

Spider-Verse never happened. After Spider-Girl: The End, it leads into the Earth X trilogy.
>>
>>83850899
>Mayday
It's zentai-waifu-o-clock!
>>
>>83850925
>His contract is up in 2018
Source?
>>
>>83851029
>not liking Mayday
Truly disgusting.
>>
File: 1461603103885.png (266KB, 314x331px) Image search: [Google]
1461603103885.png
266KB, 314x331px
>>83851028
>headcanon
>escapism inside the escapism
>>
>>83851028
>The real follow up is in the MC2 Spider-Girl series.
The point of divergence from the MC2 timeline was back in the 90s. By the time OMD happened, MC2 would have been impossible for a dozen different reasons.
>>
>>83847877
The Commuter Commenth regularly makes lists of best Spidey stories so I wouldn't be too sure about that
>>
>>83851028
But MC2's point of divergence is near the end of clone saga, not OMD. The kid mephisto aborted wasn't Mayday.
>>
>>83851051
Slott's twitter a few months back.
>>
>>83851083
>>83851109
I'm aware. But there are still good ASM stories after the Clone Saga. There is no reason that they could have all played out exactly as is and Peter and MJ had a second child (Mayday).
>>
>>83851006

>Otto gives Miles an internship at Parker Industries to justify him being there to his parents
>Busts his ass about getting good grades in school and tutors him
>No protege of his will flunk out of high school!
>>
>>83848595
People soured on Costa because his dialogue is shit, his characterizations are shit, and his issues are shitty comic book in-jokes and unfunny quips masquerading as "story."
>>
>>83851028
According to Defalco and Frenz, Spider-Verse never happened to Mayday anyway, just an alternate version that we're forced to read the stories of going forward.

I'd say that last story Tom wrote in the 90s before the relaunch is probably the closest you'll get to a conclusion to Spider-Man. It was set in the future and these archelogists were discussing Spidey's legacy, and that the historians couldn't agree on whether he got a happy ending or not.
>>
>>83847642
Doomsday
>>
>>83851148
>this is taking to long, on my new curriculum you're going to graduate with honors by the end of the year and have your diploma a year after that
>>
>>83851143
I love the JMS era, but I could really do without the Spider-Totem and Sins Past.

MC2 was always the end of the story for me, and still is, though I do read and enjoy the newspaper strip, I know it's happily married Pete and MJ are probably never gonna have a kid there
>>
>>83851225

>Miles shows up to Avengers meetings constantly tired from being forced to study.
>Tony doesn't know about Otto and thinks Peter is pushing him too hard.
>Yells at Peter while Otto watches from afar with a smug expression
>>
>>83851288
I love the totem stuff, I just wish it got explored more in relation to characters like Blapk Panther and White Tiger and even Moon Knight, who have their own patron gods
>>
>>83851366
same
>>
>>83850505
>>83850526
Another clone? in which number did she appear?

Srly, it's a miracle Spidey didn't snap already and started going on a killing spree, his life is really messed up.
>>
File: tumblr_o8senulRHq1ugnoaco1_540.png (142KB, 540x305px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8senulRHq1ugnoaco1_540.png
142KB, 540x305px
>>83847429
>>83847438
>>83847461
>>
>>83851608
>in which number did she appear?

FCBD issue. It has been said in this thread a few times.
>>
>>83847429
Jesus fucking Christ, keep Gwen dead. Please do at least one fucking thing worth a damn, Dan.
>>
>>83851736
Remember that time when we thought there couldn't be a worse writer than Quesada?
>>
>>83851749
There still isn't.
>>
>>83851749
Howard Mackie?
(he sort of was great before the relaunch though, and did redeem himself with the 2009 Clone Saga directors cut)
>>
>>83851817

To be fair to Mackie, he had some of the worst editors in the business during his run. Give him a competent editor, and he can do some quality stuff.
>>
>>83847429
Reminder that a rather revived Gwen could work wonders if done by the right writer, but Dan "Social Cripple"Slott will make her even worse.
>>
>>83851749
Chuck Austen would definitely be worse than him and Slott
>>
>>83850300
>>83850329
Annie is not the same little red head girl of OMD? she is literally the least guilty here...
>>
>>83851817
Howard mackie is literally retarded
>>
SPIDERCIDE WHEN?
>>
>>83847877

The more heartfelt stories are always better remembered down the line as opposed to the XBOX HUEG event stories. There's a reason that If This Be My Destiny is still one of the most beloved Spider-Man stories of all time while a big event is always nobody's favorite story.
>>
>>83851749

Byrne.
>>
>>83852320
I know they're interested in Spidercide as of a year ago, when I interned for the editors they had me look up his then current status. They had me look up a lot of Jackal stuff too, I believe it was for this story
>>
>>83849431
eeeeh thats more of JMS bringing back a charaacteer and working it. this is bringing back a storyline.
>>
File: Uncle Ben (2).png (2MB, 998x715px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Ben (2).png
2MB, 998x715px
>>83852360
Very nice. What will Peter say when Reilly asks about his niece?
>>
>>83852061
From the FCBD issue, she's already being written as a villain henchwoman.
>>
If this doesn't result in the return of Ben Reilly and a new Scarlet Spider (or Scarlet Spiders) book I'm going to consider the entire thing a waste.
>>
>>83852464
Gwen Clones are always henchwomen for Jackal.
>>
>>83851109
>But MC2's point of divergence is near the end of clone saga, not OMD. The kid mephisto aborted wasn't Mayday.
the point of divergence is further back than that since it was revealed that wonderman stayed dead in the MC2 universe
>>
>>83852524
>always
No they're not. Joyce Delaney wasn't. Neither was the first one from ASM 144.
>>
>Gwen Stacy
Less life expectancy than a character played by Sean "Walking Spoiler" Bean
>>
>>83849455
Liking Ben Reilly is basically the sign of a true patrician.
>>
>>83847707
When I was a kid I used to love that suit so fucking much, I started reading comics with the clone saga and Ben Reilly was my man, I kinda hated Peter (when I was I kind I thought he was the impostor)...with time Peter's costume grew up on me to the point is my fav now. I also like Peter a lot now, but I'll always remember Ben.
>>
>>83852660
He had better gadgets than Peter, that's for sure.

>impact webbing
>stingers

...why the fuck did Peter never adapt that stuff into his own gear?
>>
>>83852730

He used stingers in his Hornet costume, and specifically thanked Ben for the idea.
>>
>>83847946
more like
>slott keeps on writing ASM til death
>leaves silver surfer to write SSM
I would be fine with this
>>
If they don't take the opportunity to bring back Ben Reilly Marvel has completely gone down the fucking drain.
>>
>>83852779
And then never used them again.
>>
File: completely emotionless man.jpg (24KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
completely emotionless man.jpg
24KB, 300x350px
>>83847461
Calling it now, the Mary Jane we've been seeing since Superior Spider-Man is a clone and the real one has been dead for a long time.
>>
>>83852894
Pretty sure Slott (and Wacker) hates Reilly
>>
>Ben returns
>Becomes the new Spider-man
>Peter retires for a time
>We have a couple of years of Spider-man without being Peter like with Superior
Mark my words
>>
>>83852977
>implying slott likes anything related to Spider-Man at all.
At this point I'd trade Peter just to have Ben and Kaine back. That shitty Iron-Man lite thing is awful.
>>
Maybe they'll clone a young Peter and put him in highschool and call him Tom.
>>
>>83852977
Slott DID kill Reilly again during Spider-Verse. Off panel (if you didn't read Scarlet Spiders, anyway), no less.
>>
A reminder that based animated Spider-Man died for Slott's sins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3Bo1MK9_Q&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>83852894

Honestly, as a massive Reilly fan myself, and looking at the majority of Spidey stories these past few years, I really fucking doubt he would get any kind of decent treatment. Let him be. Just let him be.
>>
>>83852986
I would but it's way too early.
>>
File: Some kind of gay thing.png (139KB, 350x382px) Image search: [Google]
Some kind of gay thing.png
139KB, 350x382px
>>83853010
Someone really needs to ask Slott this question.

He hates Mary Jane
He hates Aunt May
He hates Peter
He hates all of his villains except Doc Ock
He hates Ben
He hates Kaine
He hates all of his alternate universe counterparts, ESPECIALLY the well written and fan-beloved ones
He hates J Jonah Jameson
He hates Uncle Ben

Why the FUCK did he want to write Spider-Man? What draw is there for him?
>>
>>83853058
Well, it's obviously to show the true SUPERIOR Spider-Man. And also to fit in his midget fetishes into canon.
>>
>>83853039
Eh, it was only Spider-Man Unlimited who died. Slott was too dumb to realize it wasn't a continuation of the 90s series.
>>
>>83853058
Because he hates Spider-man and wants to change it completely
>>
i hate events. i am tired of all these "major changes" "profound and far reaching events" and "shocking revelations." maybe i am just old and salty, but goddamn if i'm not exhausted of turning around and some editor/ author decides to "shake things up", seemingly more to me because they can't write stories with the current set up.
>>
>>83853039
He didn't. Spider-Man Unlimited died. Not the same universe as the '94 series.
>>
File: dsaasd.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dsaasd.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
Personally I'm eagerly anticipating the Clown Saga.
>>
>>83853121
This has been building since the Death of Superman. At this point I don't know if comics will ever get back to the time when writers could actually tell their stories without editors and higher ups fucking with them every month or two.
>>
>>83851817
Slott makes Mackie look like Shakespeare, and this is coming from someone who thinks Mackie fully deserves his Hackie nickname
>>
>>83852961
Better yet, the Mary Jane who closes the door to stay with Peter after Gwen's death in ASM 122 is a clone, and the real MJ is still dancing in go go boots at the Gloom Room, occasionally wondering why the place is boarded up and there hasn't been a patron since 1972. Since that's Shitt's idea of the "real" MJ and all the character development ruined her.
>>
>>83853165
You want something done right you gotta do it ourselves. It's time to stop merely pirating comic and focus our efforts on making our own bootleg big 2 stuff. Print and sell them, even, through discrete channels. Bring the doujinshi trade to the west in full.
>>
>>83853299
Honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't already happened. Hell, even in non-US countries. Russia and Greece bootleg fucking everything else (movies, CDs... hell, identities)... why hasn't anyone started bootleging western comics?
>>
>>83847429
This is so obvious. Screencap this post.

>Slott will bring back all the dead heroes and villains
>Jackal will use them in his army to take over NY
>>
File: basedreilly.jpg (125KB, 385x281px) Image search: [Google]
basedreilly.jpg
125KB, 385x281px
This is now a Ben Reilly thread. Post all your panels of based clones.
>>
>>83847429
All the people who thought it was Mephisto... or even Judas Traveller... can shut the fuck up now.
>>
>>83853165
earlier than that, COIE started it but they did it mostly well. but they have speed up and gotten smaller and more cheap.
>>
>>83853380
what, those of us who hoped for something interesting and unique?
>>
>>83853380
>ellipses
Kill yourself. Kill your family. Kill your friends. Kill Dan Slott as long as you're being productive.
>>
All slott spider events are all the same: tons of hype and the typical slott outrage jokes ,like when they killed all the spidermen of the animated versions in spiderverse.
>>
>>83847662
>Aunt May will die and then be resurrected to be younger and looking like Marisa Tomei.
>>
>>83847802
You need to ask this on CBR, not /co/.
>>
>>83853532
>Implying that's a bad thing.
>>
Man fuck Marvel comics
>>
>>83848748
Not in the second half.
>>
File: sensational0-2.jpg (77KB, 620x475px) Image search: [Google]
sensational0-2.jpg
77KB, 620x475px
>>83847429
Bringing back the clone saga is a bad idea, except if it brings Ben Reily back I am ok, cause I always liked him more than Peter.
>>
>>83852351
Byrne at least wrote more good stories by comparison, even if it wasn't on Spider-Man.
>>
>>83853458
Yes.
>>
>>83853561
I never said it was a bad thing.
>>
>>83853058
Because he wants Peter's cast gone and to replace them with his own OCs forever.
>>
>>83853372
It is literally never time for white trash spider
>>
Anybody else actually like the original Clone Saga?
>>
>>83853680
I'm fond of it since they were some of my first comics but I still think it's absolutely garbage.
>>
>>83853680
The idea was decent. It got exponentially more fucked as it went on, but the version released in 2009 was good.
>>
this jackal is ben reilly of another universe.
>>
>>83853680
The Clone Saga is a hard thing to like if you actually lived through it.

Looking back, I can see it had its strengths as well as some genuinely classic issues like ASM 400, and in hindsight it's a thousand times better that the shit Slott pumps out of his slot.
>>
>>83853739
That's a bad enough idea that I could see Slott running with it.
>>
>>83853739
Web warriors is supposed to play into this story and we all know how much Slott loves his portals so, yeah, I can see that
>>
>>83848715
Link?
>>
>>83849555
hes not, dude. hes the jackal
>>
>>83850942
There were dozens of mutants not on that list that turned out to still have powers.
The 198 were the mutants the government knew about, there were still far more.
>>
>>83852456
>You had a niece?
>>
File: 1465916640477.jpg (250KB, 1205x1596px) Image search: [Google]
1465916640477.jpg
250KB, 1205x1596px
>>83853924
>>
I actually just reread ASM 400 a little while ago. How the hell did it all go wrong from that issue? I mean, not even just the Clone Saga, but nearly every thing that's happened in a Spider-Man book since.
>>
>>83850269
Yeah...that's it.

Now rub her thigh...
>>
File: image.jpg (483KB, 1570x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483KB, 1570x1200px
>>
>>83853092
That would mean he didn't even watch the first episode of Unlimited...wow.
>>
>>83854234
>READ NO MORE
>>
>>83854234
>Uncle Ben
>Captain Stacy
>Rhino
>Doc Ock
>Wait, Kaine?
>Is that supposed to be Prowler?
>I can't even tell if the one on the right is Gwen Stacy or Silver Sable, either way is retarded

Slott needs to die.
>>
>>83847429
Is there any medium more out of touch with its fan base than comics? Honestly Marvel, you're making it so fucking hard to be a continuous reader
>>
>>83854361
Marvel seems to be really desperate to draw new fans in, despite the fact that time and time again, these things have only proven to alienate the audience they already have while at the same time not really getting any more new fans. It's just consistent poor management right now. At least DC's a little bit better.
>>
>>83854331
they are
>Prowler
>Gwen Stacy
>>
>>83849637
Lost Years is one of my favorite Spider-Man stories, the best Kaine story ever written and DeMatteis never gets enough credit for being one of the greatest Spider-Man writers ever.
>>
File: Image-112-600x516.jpg (132KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
Image-112-600x516.jpg
132KB, 600x516px
>>83854234
In which one does she look worse?
>>
>>83854234
>Madame Web

Oh shit
>>
>>83847429
Saw the thumbnail, thought it was the fucking Jackal yet again. Not that he won't show up of course; only the shittiest villain for another shitty clone story.
>>
>>83849446
>it genuinely feels like Marvel has run out of ideas
According to Quesada, that's only true if 616 and the Ultimate Universe crossover...
>>
>>83854234
>This is for allowing Osborn to fuck me, Peter! Also where are my children, Peter!? WHERE!?
>>
>>83854978
Well, that can never happen because Ultimate is no more, we dodged that bullet, right, guys?
>>
>>83854977
>thought it was the fucking Jackal yet again
... it is the Jackal.
>>
Slott is running short of ideas and he can,t mess with OMD ,RIGHT?
>>
>>83855093
Spider-men
>>
>>83855328
Sarc-asm
>>
File: Pete & Ben.jpg (213KB, 780x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Pete & Ben.jpg
213KB, 780x1146px
>>83853372
>>
>>83855193
Well, I dunno when he stopped looking like some faggot's Muppets OC, but I do know that I don't really care.
>>
>>83855537
He was redesigned as part of the relaunch, but it's still the same ol' Jackal. Or, well, presumably the same ol' Jackal except in a de-aged clone body since that's how he rolls.
>>
You kind of deserve this if you're stupid enough to actually read any of Slott's trash.
>>
I can't reilly believe they're going to do this shit again, srly, gwen are they going to learn?
>>
>>83855839
>>
Im trying to figure out if the reference for OMD and Aunt May coughing up blood is relevant or something to this event or others or just Slott likes to fuck up with us.
>>
>Tfw your favorite superhero since childhood is Spidey
>He is, thus far, the only Marvel character to not be creatively bankrupt in some way
>But now, he's becoming oversaturated with #1's like everyone else
I can feel it coming, /co/. Contrary to popular /co/mrade opinion, I'm not worried so long as Slott is in charge but as soon as he leaves...and I suspect that will be very soon...I just fucking know they'll pull something. He'll be retconned back into high school, they'll bring back the marriage, they'll kill him off, they'll make him leave the planet so Miles can be the 'new' Spider-Man, something like that.

At the moment I'm reading a whopping two Marvel titles: ASM and the Punisher. I guess I'll add this in there too, despite it probably carrying a 4.99 price tag. Thank goodness DC is finally getting its shit together.
>>
>>83853680
It had enough good parts that I'm willing to give it a pass, but I also freely admit that they dragged it out way too long, were way too indecisive about things, and ruined it almost completely with the Norman Alive/Ben Dead ending.
>>
>>83855995
>Not a reference. She's gonna be sick again and Pete will make a deal with the Jackal.
>The villain claims that some friends and family are clones, sans "Clone Conspiracy". The clues will be misleading, Pete will suspect May is a clone. But she isn't, she's just dying.

There, saved you a few buck next year. This is the plot of Dead No More/ Clone Conspiracy.

Also,

>Ben will not come back but will be a major reference in the first issue, being the one and only perfect clone.
>Kaine will be a key player because he was cured in Spider-Island, but the genetic answer will not be found with him.
>The big twist from the saga is that Otto/Spock will be another perfect clone. It is unclear if Otto and Spock(the robot mind in a clone Pete body) will come back or just Otto, or just Spock lives by the end of it. A lot of people will die. Most of them will be clones of those people, though.

Anyone claiming they know the plot is full of bullshit, it isn't even finished yet.

I got a pre-Secret Invasion vibe from it(the "Who do you trust?" phase). A lot of villains and even heroes will fight over the cloned ones, either by the fact that Jackal brought loved ones back from the dead(they don't care if they're clones, as long as they act like they used to) or the fact that they can or can't be considered "humans". Jackal will force those intrigues trying to recreate the perfect "batch" or trying to recreate the exact conditions of stimuli needed to batch "a Ben", according to the script. I didn't get it though, neither think genectics work that way.

Screencap this, etc. I will not come back or give more clues. Wait for the Annual.

Don't reddit/leak this, please.
>>
>>83850415
I've said it a lot but Judas would be great in a more horror/Vertigoish book. You can even handwave that dumb retcon by him going "lol I was fucking with everyone".
>>
>>83850925
Spider-Man is literally his dream job. He's not going to willingly leave the title. Marvel will have to kick him off
>>
>>83856269
>>He is, thus far, the only Marvel character to not be creatively bankrupt in some way

where have you been the past 4-ish years
>>
>>83856269
>the only Marvel character to not be creatively bankrupt in some way
ASM has been trash for years
All through the 90s
And post JMS which is almost ten years now
>>
File: Darkdevil-Kaine.png (460KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
Darkdevil-Kaine.png
460KB, 500x468px
>>83853924
Forget that, he had a son! (That he didn't know about)

Man, Ben was really crap about the whole responsibility mantra.
>>
>>83854729
Is there a book that DeMatteis WASN'T good at writing?
He should get more kudos just generally. But I think he might not be British and/or High Concept enough to get that kind of praise.
>>
>>83854971
Maybe we can get Best Spider-Woman back!
>>
>>83847429
please tell me that mysterio is somehow involved in this
>>
>>83856680
Thanks Jackal
>>
File: 1933449-xjjl4.jpg (140KB, 1244x532px) Image search: [Google]
1933449-xjjl4.jpg
140KB, 1244x532px
I'm always down for Slott writing more Jackal.
>>
>>83848691
That can easily be retconned especially when it's clones we're talking about. Ben didn't know whether he was to real Peter so who's to say another clone's gonna know he isn't Ben and not act accordingly. Besides this is the same story that revealed Aunt May's death was just an actress that committed to the role.
>>83848748
I wouldn't call Stupid Pills: The Story one if the best stories considering it took Carlie Cooper for anyone to realize it wasn't Peter.
>>
File: 1420645517585.png (325KB, 323x885px) Image search: [Google]
1420645517585.png
325KB, 323x885px
>>83857030

>Stupid Pills: The Story
>>
Sport's run pretty much started with Clone Saga stuff. I like this long game type thing
>>
>Clone Saga bullshit

No one liked the Clone Saga back then, why keep unearthing this corpse?
>>
File: 73-scarlet.jpg (245KB, 856x683px) Image search: [Google]
73-scarlet.jpg
245KB, 856x683px
>Slott
>Spider-Man
>Clones

And now I'm remembering that Patrick, the last MVP Clone Scarlet Spider is still alive and Slott hasn't touched him in the entire time he's had control of Spider-Man.
>>
>>83857364
Oh, well that's just because Scarlet Spiders are the WORST spiders :^)
>>
>>83857027
That's Kaine, isn't it? Is he just making fun of Kaine for being so serious?
>>
>>83857723
Jackal's real name is Miles Warren, he made a pun.
>>
>>83847429
>We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death. ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”

Did this faggot just imply that bringing characters back from the dead is a fresh idea in comics?
>>
>>83857065
Not him, but it really was. The only reason the story even worked was because all of the people close to Peter were retarded, including the other heroes.
>>
>>83850925
I thought he told DC to go fuck themselves and that he didnt want to steal the books from other writers (I think he thought he would be taking the book away from Snyder).
>>
>>83856805
Reading ASM and loving it. Why don't you like it?
>>
>>83857877
Don't bother, he's a SpOckfag. He's just gonna reply "YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW 2 CAST LE DIE, PETERFAH! LE DIE IS CAST XXDDD!"
>>
>>83857879
No, he wasn't offered a Snyder Batman title he was offered Batman & Superman, the team up comic that happened
>>
>>83857861
Yes, yes he did. He's that stupid.
>>
>>83848853
Also GLA., it was great
>>
>>83852961
You just reminded me of the 90's cartoon.

>tfw she returns
>tfw they get married
>tfw it's revealed she's a water clone
>she evaporates

MARY JAAAAAANE!
>>
Ock is gonna upload his brain to a Pete clone so Slott can write Superior Spider-Man again
>>
>>83853799
Google it troglodyte. It's not even old news.
>>
>>83854047
Horrible, horrible editorial mandate.
>>
>The Jackal
>>
>>83847429
This art looks rather similar to Romita Jr's.
>>
File: image.gif (663KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
663KB, 250x188px
>>83848176
>>
>>83857364
I'm so annoyed that nothing has been done with any of the Initiative kids since Fear Itself or Avengers Academy or whatever. I miss all of them.

They should at least get a Civil War II tie-in or backup or something. I'd love a New Warriors book with a few of them, Speedball, Justice, and Night Thrasher, BUT NO, NEW WARRIORS DOESN'T SELL APPARENTLY!
>>
>>83860321
no Firestar, no deal
>>
>>83851148

This...I could read this.
>>
>>83857364
Who gives a fuck about the MVP clones? They have about as much a reason to be wearing the Iron Spider armor as Cho in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon
>>
>>83849698
I'd be fine with that, I'm okay with him being an arrogant dick as long as he's also trying to be a hero on the side just to prove he can.
>>
If Peter becomes father again and Ben Reilly turns out to be the new Spider-Man, we'll go back to the 90's and i'm ok with this.
>>
WAIT GWEN IS BACK?

My store didn't get the FCD spider-man what happens.
>>
>>83862463
Can someone storytime scans of the FCB day issue?
>>
>>83862691

Its not worth it.

The last page is Gwen and the guy that's clearly going to be Ben Riley.
>>
>>83862463

It's just another Jackal Gwen clone. I think he only has one now. Not sure what happened to Deadpool's. That'd be an interesting thing to bring in up the Kelly comics.
>>
>>83847429
>>83847438
>>83847461
"Boy, I sure missed the Clone Saga" - No One Ever

>>83854361
Professional Wrestling, where Roman Reigns being booed out the building is regarded as a "mixed" reaction
>>
>>83862463
>WAIT GWEN IS BACK?
Why is this even a big deal after Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool?
>>
>>83857027
I want to see this joke again, but he says it while walking over 4 dead Miles Morales clones.
>>
There's a reason I've moved on from Peter to Miles and Spider-Gwen...
>>
>>83864268

Because you have shit taste?
>>
Marvel PR:
>>The world’s greatest super hero faces his biggest challenge yet this October! Amidst a gauntlet of his deadliest rogues, an old foe returns to the fore. Loved ones lost are dead no more as Peter Parker plunges headlong into THE CLONE CONSPIRACY – a blockbuster 5-issue event series from A-List creators Dan Slott and Jim Cheung!

>Prepare yourself for THE Spidey story of 2016 as the writer who brought you Spider-Verse, Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Island brings you the next defining chapter in the wallcrawler’s life! The identity of the man in the red suit has been revealed. The Jackal has returned, more driven and determined than ever. He’s offered Spidey’s greatest rogues a chance to reunite with their loved ones in exchange for loyalty. But to what end? With the Rhino, the Lizard, Electro and even Doctor Octopus at his side, things are looking bleak. But who else from Spider-Man’s past has reappeared?!

>The mystery is just getting started. Can the Amazing Spider-Man stand against the Jackal and a who’s who of his greatest villains? Be there as this blockbuster Spider-Man event kicks off this October in the explosive first issue – THE CLONE CONSPIRACY #1!
>>
File: wGGZLCD.jpg (523KB, 1146x1748px) Image search: [Google]
wGGZLCD.jpg
523KB, 1146x1748px
The Clone Conspiracy #1 cover without watermarks
>>
>>83847429
>years later, Captain Stacy dies in front of him, and it’s almost the exact opposite. He did everything he possibly could!

The fuck are they talking about? Did they even read that story? Collateral damage from Pete fucking around with Ock caused his death, and his involvement was literally a split second decision. Pete didn't do shit to prevent it.
>>
>>83864165
Because both aren't 616 Gwen? Not to mention that Gwenpool isn't even Gwen Stacy but a completely different character.
>>
>>83847429
>>For months now, Spider-Man comics have been building up to something big.
In the context of comic book stories, is there even such a thing as small anymore?
>>
>>83850121
I believe so because of spider-verse.
>>
>>83848109
I like how Jackal has summarized Slott's entire method of writing.

Jacking off with indifferent results.
>>
>>83847429
> ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”
Gee, dead characters coming back is sure bold new territory for comics! Quite the subversion wouldn't you say?
>>
>>83857922
>"YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW 2 CAST LE DIE, PETERFAH! LE DIE IS CAST XXDDD!"
>all that mad
Typical Peterfag.
>>
>>83864165
>Why is this even a big deal after the hundred Gwen clones that Jackal has made in the past
Fixed.
>>
>>83847429
Can we make it so this Peter's a clone, Mj and Black Cat are clones and Aunt May is a clone and all the real ones are in stasis at the Jackal's hideout and when it's done the clones die, the real ones get out and we go back to married Peter who's friends with Black Cat and doesn't have an aunt who can't be cured from bullet wounds?
>>
>>83853145
Clown 9 comeback?
>>
>>83847429
>The anubis head has Jackal ears
Shouldve seen this coming
>>
>>83855318
CBR reckons so

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/is-one-more-day-coming-unraveled-in-amazing-spider-man

We'll probably get something next year, given the timing of when Slott likes to do MJ stories the last two years, I expect the summer just like RYV and Power Play (and the marriage's 30th anniversary is next June anyway)
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.