[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I see Steven Universe discussion go on for any length

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1463200016984.png (601KB, 952x875px) Image search: [Google]
1463200016984.png
601KB, 952x875px
Whenever I see Steven Universe discussion go on for any length of time here on /co/, the topic of "worst episode" inevitably comes up. Of course most people will say it's Sadie's Song, but for some reason I always see a few mentions of Onion Trade and House Guest as well. What makes these two episodes so consistently disliked here? Because I'm not seeing it myself. They're both pretty solid.
>>
I don't even watch this show and the true answer's obviously Island Adventure
>>
people who say onion trade literally just hate fun

together breakfast is worse because it's literally just "here is the temple geography" and really dry
>>
Worst episode was Sadie's Song. Not even for Steven's performance at the end of the episode, it was just that awful fucking song. I couldn't take listening to that even three minutes into the episode.
>>
File: 1463952049296.png (93KB, 521x393px) Image search: [Google]
1463952049296.png
93KB, 521x393px
For what it's worth, OP's least favourite episode is that lighthouse one. The one where they delve balls deep into Lars & Ronaldo's cringeworthy back story. Utter embarrassing shit that does literally nothing for the show overall.
>>
>>83798320
Ronaldo was a mistake
>>
>>83798320
>One character literally tries to murder another character.
>No one cares because it was just Lars being murdered.
>>
File: facepaint.jpg (66KB, 626x349px) Image search: [Google]
facepaint.jpg
66KB, 626x349px
>>83799260
It's funny because between Lars and Ronaldo, they both hold titles for "least likeable character" and in an effort to make them more likeable, the episode makes them come off worse than ever.
>>
>>83799234
Ronaldo has one good episode and a blog, that's more than Lars has.
>>
File: tumblr_nqh8faiFAS1t2psolo1_500.gif (774KB, 500x732px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqh8faiFAS1t2psolo1_500.gif
774KB, 500x732px
What about Nightmare Hospital
>>
>>83799722
Why exactly is that a bad episode?

>inb4 ridiculous Connie hate
>>
>>83797792
Onion Trade is disliked because Onion does a whole bunch of mean bullshit for no reason, and also one-shots the gems which leaves people who really like them a little sore.

House Guest is entirely because Greg lies to his son, which is bad sure but people don't get that people fuck up and if they didn't there'd be no conflict. People also like to blame it for "Steven losing his healing powers", which is completely wrong.

>>83798003
Together Breakfast was necessary. It was an early episode that's supposed to ease you into Steven's life.

Anyway I think worst episode is Keystone Motel, just because the conflict between Ruby and Sapphire seemed to come out of nowhere. It's like they really needed to show that Garnet gets upset and splits sometimes, but the actual conflict came out of nowhere and Garnet seemed really OOC the entire time.
>>
File: It could have been them.png (155KB, 920x597px) Image search: [Google]
It could have been them.png
155KB, 920x597px
>>83799722
>>
>>83799856
>but the actual conflict came out of nowhere and Garnet seemed really OOC the entire time.
While it was sudden, the whole point was that Garnet had been suppressing her feelings on the matter. It turns out she had been struggling to so so, and when she finally failed at suppressing them, she split (as can happen when the parts of a fusion strongly disagree on a matter).

Ruby ended up personifying Garnet's emotional reaction to the situation, focusing on how it felt to be betrayed and used. Sapphire represented a more rational understanding of the consequences of the betrayal, and how she knew it would be for the best for them to make up with Pearl. Ruby was frustrated that her feelings (indeed, their feelings) on the matter were being dismissed by Sapphire, while Sapphire was frustrated with how unproductive Ruby's behavior was.

This conflict, while being shown suddenly, made perfect sense, and gave us a view of Garnet's reaction to the betrayal in a way that we wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Personally I really liked the episode. That said, it also stuck a chord with me in a major way, as I had problems with controlling and understanding my emotional responses as a kid. I would get more upset about things than I should have, and then get frustrated over those feelings (and more importantly, my failing to hide them), and it'd become a feedback loop that would lead to me crying in a classroom or such. It was learning to appreciate my feelings and trying to further understand them, instead of just bury them, was a big step towards managing my emotions. So the 'message' of this episode really rung true for me.
>>
>>83799599
Lars and the Cool Kids was good
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.