[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone read any of the old Johnny Thunder stories from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Johnny_Thunder_0001.jpg (127KB, 864x671px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny_Thunder_0001.jpg
127KB, 864x671px
Has anyone read any of the old Johnny Thunder stories from the Golden Age? Are they any good?

After Rebirth I went looking trying to figure out who the old dude was, and apparently he's supposed to be Johnny Thunder. I never really heard of him before, save for a few brief cameos in the occasional JSA story. I tried reading through some of his early stories but frankly they haven't been very good. Why is DC bringing him back now of all people?

Also apparently Black Canary first appeared in his stories, which I never knew.
>>
>>83762577
They're bringing him back because they're bringing back the JSA.
>>
>>83762577
>Why is DC bringing him back now of all people?
He's the gateway to bringing back the JSA

You should read his appearances in Johns JSA (or just read Johns/Goyer/Robinson JSA in general it's all good)
>>
>>83762704
>>83762754
Was he that big a part of JSA? Maybe it's just been too long since I last read any JSA stories, but I don't remember him at all, so I was a bit confused why him of all people.
>>
>>83762577
Now I understand what this one cosplay picture was supposed to be. I thought it was a weird dualistic Electro costume.

>Johnny Thunder is Negative Man without his one main weakness
>>
>>83762815
He wasn't a hugely important member but he was a pretty constant presence. His shtick was mostly fucking up giving the Thunderbolt orders

He was part of All Star Squadron but he didn't show up much in the 90s and he got one last story in Johns' JSA, although Jakeem Thunder had been using the genie for quite a while at that point
>>
>>83762876
Thunder has many powers negative man dosn't have.
>>
File: 1149909.jpg (78KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
1149909.jpg
78KB, 317x475px
>>83762577
I've read some of this, it's standard golden age stuff.
In other words mediocre art and wall-of-text writing.
>>
His solo series is actually more like a gag comic strip than what you'd expect. The genie was hidden from view so Johnny wouldn't know what was happening when he's speak "Cei U"
>>
File: 1252206575524.jpg (185KB, 709x759px) Image search: [Google]
1252206575524.jpg
185KB, 709x759px
>>83762577
Because he has a stand, and the kids love that shit
>>
>>83766436
Poor Johny Got overshadowed by Dinah.
>>
>>83762577
Well, I hope they bring back Jakeem.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.