[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's Fucking Nothing Edition >Upcoming Releases: ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 140

File: portal_og.jpg (23KB, 647x417px) Image search: [Google]
portal_og.jpg
23KB, 647x417px
It's Fucking Nothing Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #3
Darth Vader #21
Droids and Ewoks (Graphic Novel)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
First for fuck you EA
>>
File: Obi-Wan & Yoda Feel The Force.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan & Yoda Feel The Force.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIEW7woFFo
>>
>>83731791
More like: EA fucks you
>>
Betheda up next. Who's ready for absolutely nothing
>>
>>83732100
I don't even know what they are
>>
File: AT-TEs on Felucia.jpg (193KB, 1280x545px) Image search: [Google]
AT-TEs on Felucia.jpg
193KB, 1280x545px
>You'll never fight for the Republic with your brothers and die a glorious death
>>
We'll get stuff at Celebration next month I hope
>>
How is Lost Stars?
>>
>>83733273
Great, one of the best of the new canon.
>>
>>83733273
One of the best things in the new canon, across all mediums. It makes the Empire way more three-dimensional and even makes the Rebellion more gray - the destruction of the Death Star is detailed to have been just as awful as the destruction of Alderaan.
>>
>>83733273
It's really good.
>>
EA says they're listening to the fans and that their Star Wars dreams will come true. If this is true, which I know it isn't, I expect EAfront 2 to have prequel era, The Clone Wars, Rebels, sequel era, single player story campaign, local multiplayer story campaign, online multiplayer story campaign, land to space battles, fifty maps on twenty different planets, twenty-five different game modes, Battlefront 2 play style, over one-hundred different vehicles, and no paid DLC. I'd pay $60 for that.
>>
>>83733596
They confirmed it's just OT + TFA

Wish I was joking, but what can you do.
>>
>>83732100
I realize here I've never touched Fallout.

>>83731991
This.
>>
>>83733631
Fucking source on that cAnon. I swear to god if that's true
>>
>>83733492
Numerically it can't be, unless Alderaan (a whole planet) was barely populated and the DS was a military installation and literally used to end a whole planet. The loss of all that life would be tragic, but fuck it. The station had to go.
>>
>>83733654
It's true. Why would he lie? After all, ALMOST NOTHING WAS SHOWN
>>
>>83733692
To piss me off? Like you said, nothing was shown.
>>
File: sheev.jpg (187KB, 1096x1022px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
187KB, 1096x1022px
>>
>>83733654

>A solid decade-plus of games that were just PT-era

>WHY AREN'T WE GETTING MORE PT STUFF NOW

Fucking Christ, the late 90's to the 2010's wasn't fucking enough for you? Why are so many people acting like PT material is some sort of disfranchised era just struggling to survive when before the Disney buyout that's what 95% of the fucking EU stuff was for literally more then a decade.
>>
>>83733654
I don't have a source, they said it about a month back when they first announced a 2017 sequel, so dig around there if you want to see for yourself. Said that not only did they have the classic battles of the new trilogy, but that they also have locations from the new movie to work with. Maybe Rogue One is included in that, but nothing else will be.

Then in todays """""""footage""""""", we just saw more OT stuff, and a picture of a First Order TIE Fighter. They also teased the Trench Run. The lady introducing the clips just said they would use the Sequel Trilogy too. No mention of anything else.

On the plus side, it looks like BF2 will get a campaign.

But yeah, no Clone Wars. Unless they're just, not telling us about it. But I don't see why they would hide it, but be open about the TFA content.
>>
>People love the prequels/prequel era now

What happened?
>>
>>83733796
>classic battles of the new trilogy
*Original trilogy. They said Original Trilogy + New movies. Just clarifying that.

The only movies out between now and then are Rogue One and TFA. There will probably be Episode 8 DLC, but they wont be allowed access early enough to make content for it at launch.
>>
>>83733774
New canon prequel era
> The Clone Wars and the unfinished episode adaptations
> Obi-Wan and Anakin comic
> Kanan comic

The rest is OT or ST. That's why, huge chunk of not knowing what happened combined with hate leading to ignorance.

>>83733852
The Clone Wars
>>
>>83733852
The kids who grew up with them use the internet now. So theres a lot more prequel lovers out there than before.

Plus the new trilogy is bringing a lot of people into the franchise who were there before. The prequels have a more "modern feel" probably appeal to them better.
>>
>>83733907
It's actually somewhat refreshing to see people loving the prequels after almost two decades of hate. Plus, it's really great to finally see people no longer regurgitating the Plinkett shit as if they came up with it themselves.
>>
>>83733893

Canonicity is irrelevant. From a media standpoint we were blitzed with it from the Episode 1 release to a few years after the Disney buyout, you don't get to pretend that's not what Star Wars was for that entire time because that stuff "isn't canon."

You have been more then well-served for a very long time, whining every time you aren't because Disney doesn't want to focus on it now is ridiculous.
>>
>>83733979
Them acknowledging that it exists would at least be nice.
>>
>>83734036

>Them acknowledging that it exists

Does the Clone Wars cartoon not count?
>>
>>83734036
What about Rebels?
>>
>>83734072
> Disney made the clone wars

>>83734077
> implying Disney gives a shit about their TV shows
>>
>>83733979
By this logic, we shouldn't have OT-era stuff at all. I know people like to pretend OT merchandise, games, etc disappeared completely during the prequels but they were still there.
>>
>>83734098

It has nothing to do with it being made by Disney. Clone Wars was canonized by Disney, they kept that team on for Rebels, it's not going away anytime soon.

I'm just fucking tired of PT aesthetics, and them moving away from that is nice. Some time away from it might make me warm back up to that stuff after a little bit.
>>
>>83734098
>implying Disney gives a shit about their TV shows
What's that have to do with fucking anything? It exists, it airs on tv, it has Clone Wars and prequel characters. Meaning they are acknowledging them.
>>
>>83734138

> I know people like to pretend OT merchandise, games, etc disappeared completely during the prequels but they were still there.

Barely. A handful of games and comics, that's what we got.

Well that's not entirely true, we also got to see the books go down the toilet with the Vong and everything afterwords. So that was something.
>>
>>83734138
>I know people like to pretend OT merchandise, games, etc disappeared completely during the prequels but they were still there.
It was really only during movie years that the prequel stuff dominated. Hell, 2004 saw a huge push for OT stuff to coincide with the DVD release, to the point of the toy line being branded "The Original Trilogy Collection" and prequel items being entirely excluded from it (until the final waves of it, which were in early 2005).
>>
File: laughing colonial marines.jpg (12KB, 385x278px) Image search: [Google]
laughing colonial marines.jpg
12KB, 385x278px
>>83733596
>EA says they're listening to the fans and that their Star Wars dreams will come true
>>
>>83734197
>Meaning they are acknowledging them.
Disney had nothing to do with TCW, at all.
>>
File: Freemakers.jpg (76KB, 1280x758px) Image search: [Google]
Freemakers.jpg
76KB, 1280x758px
Does anyone know what era the Freemaker Adventures take place in? Early in the Empire era, or lete, like Rebels?

(I know that Lego SW has a LOL-whatever chronology, but I'm curious.)
>>
>>83734789
None because it isn't canon.
>>
>>83733631
I hate the prequels, but darn it... it's the best ERA for storytelling. Gobs of Jedi and imperial characters and a span of years with battles raging all over the universe. It's easy to tell stories during the prequel era!
Whereas in the OT you have to be careful nto to disturb anything.
>>
>>83734870
The sequel era could have been ripe for new possibilities, but sadly they had to fuck it all up and return it to the status quo of the OT.

Granted, I'm pretty sure the old EU did the same thing, but still, it's lazy and restrictive.
>>
>>83734870
Hey, the prequels weren't all bad, nothing is 100% terrible.

If nothing else you can enjoy the music, the action and Ewan McGregor.
>>
File: CkzCBuJVAAA7Qc0.jpg large.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CkzCBuJVAAA7Qc0.jpg large.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
Chopper assisting in bringing down Rebel scum.
>>
>>83734923
>The sequel era could have been ripe for new possibilities, but sadly they had to fuck it all up and return it to the status quo of the OT.
I rewatched TFA last week and I've got to say... I think there WAS a New Jedi Academy era. They make it sound like Luke just too two kids off and Kylo turned evil and it was his first time training anyone, but if you watch Rey's flashback it sure looks to me like there were a lot of adult Jedi killed.
But we eon't get stories really explorign that until this trilogy is over because no one wants to step on its toes.
>>
>>83733691
Alderaan was a seditious haven of 5th column traitors while the DeathStar was just put in place as the fulcrum of galactic peace and stability. It would be as if every installation that had nukes was suddenly destroyed.
Insurrections are quickly put down, except when they're propped up by outside powers, frankly even Alderaan wasn't enough to be propping up the Rebellion. The Empire had just crushed the separatists and those that would seek independence, to make sense either massive force in the unknown regions would be helping the Rebellion in anticipation of it's own rise (thus the new trilogy bad guys) or the Emperor himself was helping it in order to have an excuse to militarize and further maintain his ultimately insecure (dictator like Stalin, not a secure Monarch, big difference) hold on power. Rebellion wasn't heroes, they're stupid pawns murdering lawful pawns.
>>
>>83733852
The fans who were given the shaft by Ep. 1 grew up and calmed down. Once the dust settled and people were able to see the prequels as simply movies rather than events, it allowed for us to fairly assess their overall quality.

Nothing changed though, the prequels have always had their fans and with some of the EU material (namely Clone Wars, but also video games like Battlefront 2 and Republic Commando), people have realized that the prequels were never ALL bad and that good stuff can come out of them.

But some people will simply write that whole era off as entirely terrible, and there's nothing we can do about that.

I used to be one of those people.
>>
>>83735178

>But some people will simply write that whole era off as entirely terrible, and there's nothing we can do about that.

You can like the era and some of the EU stuff while also thinking the movies were complete shit.

I'm sorry, but no amount of revisionism or Internet hot takes will change people's opinions on those movies. Hell, there was that wave of articles trying to defend the PT right before TFA came out and people rejected them, because people still think those movies are bad.

Building an interesting universe does not justify the quality of those movies. I don't watch movies for lore, it's not an RPG setting.
>>
>>83734789
Between Empire and ROTJ
>>
>>83735103
>while the DeathStar was just put in place as the fulcrum of galactic peace and stability
Go to bed Tarkin, you're drunk. The Death Star was literally made to be used to kill and the original designers of the damn thing were eradicated by the Empire once their usefulness ran out. That station was designed for fear and was controlled by a madman that killed billions of innocent civilians that had nothing to do with the Rebellion in the first place, and if the Death Star wasn't destroyed it would have killed other planets in a show of force as well. The Death Star and Alderaan are two completely different things, one was an actual planet that had billions of years of history, countless cultures and was a member of the galactic community for hundreds of millennia.

Yes, the Death Star did have innocent Imperial workers that some didn't know what they were doing, but at the end of the day the DS was nothing more than a mobile kill laser that was commanded by people that have no qualms about killing billions of innocent live to prove a point. This thing wasn't used for anything other than slaughter.
>>
>>83735480
>Between Empire and ROTJ
Hmm. Interesting choice.

Know or speculating?
>>
File: 1414820809761.jpg (821KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1414820809761.jpg
821KB, 1920x1080px
>>83735374
This.
>>
>>83734800
>Canon
You mean like mobile gaming crap they're pushing out? If it's clearly identifiable as star wars and enjoyed by the wider fanbase of star wars fans then, boom, it's FUCKING STAR WARS. Go choke on pope mouse's dick you papist fuck, while actual fans enjoy star wars
>>
I am currently reading Heir to the Jedi and am curious as to what /co/ thinks of it.
>>
>>83733852
the movies were a massive letdown but the prequel era was fucking top tier. The technology and clone troopers and political situation etc etc was all really good.
>>
>>83735374
>You can like the era and some of the EU stuff while also thinking the movies were complete shit.
I never said you couldn't.

>I'm sorry, but no amount of revisionism or Internet hot takes will change people's opinions on those movies.
Dude, literally anything can change anyone's opinion, it's entirely subjective.

>Hell, there was that wave of articles trying to defend the PT right before TFA came out and people rejected them, because people still think those movies are bad.
Holy shit, I'm gonna need a citation on that, especially on the
>people still think those movies
part.

>Building an interesting universe does not justify the quality of those movies
Never said that shit either, but the EU stuff can draw attention to the movies themselves and make people see them differently. Sometimes, that's the entire point of having EUs.
>>
>>83735487
Pretending Alderaan was innocent and it's PTB weren't founding member of the Rebellion
>>
>>83733852

They're seriously pretty good movies.

Only spergs hate them.
>>
>>83735374
>I'm sorry, but no amount of revisionism or Internet hot takes will change people's opinions on those movies.
There are people who won't ever change their minds, but that doesn't mean everyone. It's been uncool to like the prequels for years, but lately even that's changed.

Most of the people you still see shouting EPISODE 1 WAS SHIT JAR JAR WAS THE BIGGEST ABOMINATION LUCAS MUST DIE FOR WHAT HE DID are latecomers to the whole thing who are cargo culting because they know it's the popular thing to do. Do these people secretly like the prequels? No, I think they're sincere in their dislike, but they're exaggerating their reaction because that's the cool thing to do. They saw the people who experienced the disappointment firsthand and their reactions and they're just repeating it without having actually experienced that disappointment themselves. They grew up hearing that the prequels were bad, later watched them and realized they were, but their loud, angry, offended reaction is insincere.

As loaded as this word's become, the sad truth is that prequel hating became a meme.
>>
>>83735529
It's been confirmed as such.
>>
>>83735869
I don't know about good, but they're definitely not as bad as people make them out to be. Even Jar Jar isn't as bad as people make him out to be- he's annoying and has very little role in the movie beyond comic relief, but he's not the worst thing ever to appear in a movie. Hell, he's not even the most annoying Star Wars character.
>>
>>83731828
Man, I was wondering where Jade Raymond disappeared to after a million Assassin's Creed fanboys started jerking off over her.
>>
>>83735831
>Pretending the Empire and Emperor Palpatine was a great institution with sound leadership
No. The Empire as a whole was a mess of a organization that couldn't stand on its own as a government once its leader died and was rife with nepotism and poor leadership. I'm not saying the Rebellion was a purely virtuous body, but it had the best intentions at heart. The Empire was purely made so a Sith Lord can have his own personal Fear/Anger/Hate/Suffering Generator to amass more power for himself. Their leader himself never really cared for the people under him and seen them as pawns.
>>
>The Empire as a whole was a mess of a organization that couldn't stand on its own as a government once its leader died

The Empire really should have had a chain of command. I wonder if Palpatine thought he was going to live forever or if he just didn't care about what happened to the Empire after he died.
>>
>>83736275
Probably a little of both: ideally he'd figure out a way to live forever, and if not, fuck the galaxy.
>>
File: yoda-star-wars-painting1.jpg (36KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
yoda-star-wars-painting1.jpg
36KB, 500x427px
>>83736059
Thank you!
>>
>>83736075
>>83736026
Honestly speaking, my only beef with the PT was the oversaturation going on at the time. I mean, up until the ST, it was the most fresh in the minds of the public, so of course they were going to churn as much as they could from that era until it became unprofitable. That, and I never was all that big on the overemphasis on the Jedi.

It's not that I hate it; I just got burned out after a while. It happened right around the time The Clone Wars went on the air (I'm still trying to catch up on that). Even now I still have a little ambivalence towards the prequel era, but not enough to actively bash it. I still appreciate what it brought to the table
>>
File: maul sacrifice.jpg (207KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maul sacrifice.jpg
207KB, 1024x768px
>>83736391
>>
>>83736327
>fuck the galaxy
He literally did that. It was called Operation: Cinder. It was in the Shattered Empire comic.
>>
File: 1254873762985.jpg (312KB, 1125x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1254873762985.jpg
312KB, 1125x1029px
>>83736412
>no temple horns
>>
I can't believe half of the comments I've been hearing.
>inb4 muh clone wars
More often than not it's spaghettio-encrusted faggot children who barely had to endure/ actually enjoyed the complete onslaught of prequel shit for a decade. I'm sick and tired of the Clone Wars. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of EA and that Battlefront EA had a rocky start, because it was rushed. But they are actually making astronomical efforts to listen to what the community wants and decide what they can and cannot use in the current game. For months I've been hearing people complain about topics that were shown to be delivered in the teaser today, such as:
>Bossk
>A new planet with a ton of maps
> A new hero that isn't fucking Nien Nunb
>A more diverse selection of playermodels
> More/better changes and fixes to Fighter Squadron
>Space Battles
>Trench Run
>Star Destroyer Bridge
>Getting into Vehicles on the map as opposed to the ridiculous power up system.
>etc.
Again, people have been asking for these for months now, and people are still find something to complain about, even when they said months before and continue to state daily that Battlefront 1 will be focusing on the OT because these thick-skulled imbeciles just can't seem to fathom why there's no Clone Wars.
Please, for the love of God, try to be optimistic about something for fucking once.
>>
>>83736202
I compared the Emperor to Stalin so I'm not pretending the Empire isn't it's own mess (a repeat of Octavian to Sheev's Julius with a restored puppet senate would be the best case scenario). I also think Kant's foundation for his metaphysics was his mistake, good intentions are meaningless at best and pave the road to hell at worst, all it does is blind people with self righteousness rather than enable them to question their own stupid shit. Rebels are sort of like 66AD Jews, which is why in star wars they have to be backed by something bigger since they're not curb stomped.
>>
>>83736514
>Bossk
Wait, what?
>>
>>83736625
Watch the battlefront segment of the video again, anon.
>>
File: bossk dev.png (883KB, 1023x466px) Image search: [Google]
bossk dev.png
883KB, 1023x466px
>>83736690
Oh, sweet!
>>
>>83735487
That sounds an awful lot like anti-Imperial talk
>>
>>83736514
And yet it's STILL a step down from Battlefront 2. So no, shill, I will not be optimistic
>>
File: 1461447597004.jpg (111KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
1461447597004.jpg
111KB, 900x550px
rebel scum
rebelscum
rebels cum
>>
>>83736594
>I also think Kant's foundation for his metaphysics was his mistake, good intentions are meaningless at best and pave the road to hell at worst, all it does is blind people with self righteousness rather than enable them to question their own stupid shit.
That I can understand, the Rebellion needed less talk and more action when it came to their goals in making a better tomorrow. Just saying you're going to make a better galaxy isn't going to cut it and it didn't, from what we've read about the NR.

>>83736833
Me, not being a loyal Imperial citizen? It's more likely than you think.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-13-00h18m48s129.png (903KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-13-00h18m48s129.png
903KB, 1280x720px
>>83735529
The long trailer has Leis in her Hoth gear and Lando hanging around with Chewie.

The window for those two things happening at the same time is pretty definite.
>>
>>83737006
And Battlefront 2 was a step down from Battlefront 1. If you don't believe me, explain;
>No aerial vehicles except for on godawfully boring space maps
>Uninteresting looking/ horribly unbalanced classes.
>Smaller yet emptier maps
> Smaller max players
>Horrendous AI
>No commands
>Overpowers AS FUCK heroes
Need I say more? Next time do more research before you glorify your favorite childhood gameas a masterpiece, kiddo.
>>
File: beatthis.jpg (61KB, 1061x796px) Image search: [Google]
beatthis.jpg
61KB, 1061x796px
>>83737027
>that spoiler
Please come this way sir, we'd like to talk to you
>>
File: Xizor_-_SWGTCG.jpg (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Xizor_-_SWGTCG.jpg
221KB, 500x500px
>>83737071
>Lego Shadows of the Empire
>>
>>83737124
>not liking the space battles over the shitty on planet ships
>not liking the classes that both teams got equally
I'll give you the maps.
>not wanting smooth online play
I've never had a problem with the AI
>not pressing the d pad to give your troops commands
>not liking a time limited OP stretch
Need I say more? Get your shit taste out of here.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>83737266
>damage control
>doesn't explain how my points are wrong
And you say I have shit taste.
>>
>>83737150
Sure man, that boom-box you're carrying means you're totally just a couple of cool dudes looking to start a dance troupe. I'm in.
>>
>>83733852
people calmed down and started thinking critically/contrarian.

some realized they were shit movies but liked some aspects of the universe(i.e the lore). others still appreciated the good parts of the movies.
>>
>>83737124
Battlefront 1 had more memorable maps, there was always something special on each one. College was fun.
>>
>>83737340
> absolutely explains that you're wrong
> still denies
Wew lad
>>
File: image.png (162KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
162KB, 500x280px
>>83737500
>states opinions
>passes off as fact
Wew lad indeed.
>>
>>83737574
>implying you didn't do the same thing
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
Are we still /vg/ing?

Talk about the 1986 Droids cartoon.
>>
File: image.png (323KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
323KB, 500x375px
>>83737574
>>83737500
>>83737340
>>83737266
Calm down fellas, neither game was perfect.
>>
>>83737642
Can I be Mr. Krabs?
>argh! Battlefront 2 was far superior!
>>
>>83737670
>BIG
>MEATY
>UNBALANCE
>>
File: 1336664320666.jpg (775KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1336664320666.jpg
775KB, 1920x1080px
>>83737670
>>83737690
>>
>>83737752
Old republic was shite
>>
I have a theory that the closer any expanded universe story is, chronologically, to Return of the Jedi, the worse it is.
>>
>>83737941
It's not unfounded, though there's some great stuff after ROTJ. As a whole though, the post-ROTJ EU is probably the worst, with those little nuggets of greatness as the exception.
>>
>>83736594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPbj9NX0zc
Rebels in a nutshell
Also, a curiously unexplored aspect of rebellious groups in Star Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WboggjN_G-4
>>
>>83734870
Stories and video games.
People criticised the prequels for looking like video games, but that also means they're a perfect setting for them.
>>
>>83737941
I endorse this, Imperial Knights were awesome and KotOR is unrivaled.
>>
File: 1460045656249.jpg (24KB, 392x411px) Image search: [Google]
1460045656249.jpg
24KB, 392x411px
>>83736026
>but they're exaggerating their reaction because that's the cool thing to do
They aren't.
>They saw the people who experienced the disappointment firsthand and their reactions and they're just repeating it without having actually experienced that disappointment themselves
Most people saw the prequels.The movies might suck but they never bombed.
>They grew up hearing that the prequels were bad, later watched them and realized they were, but their loud, angry, offended reaction is insincere.
That's some nice fan fiction you got there.
>>
>>83735019
>were a lot of adult Jedi killed

They already confirmed that those weren't Jedi
>>
>>83733766
Thank you, Sheev
>>
>>83737941
>jedi outcast
>10 years after

>tfa
>30 years after

>the old republic
>25,000 years before

>the clone wars
>20 years before
>>
>>83737941

Legacy was pretty far after ROTJ and you'll have a hard time finding real defenders of that comic.
>>
>>83737941
I liked Shattered Empire, but that's just about it.
>>
Would you guys have preferred if the sequel trilogy was about fighting an entirely new and different enemy rather than simply a resurgent Empire?

I like the First Order, but it does give a sense of Deja Vu.
>>
>>83740281

Yes. Yes, absolutely.

I didnt care much for the Vong, but good God, it was more creative than the First Order
>>
>>83740281

Depends. I'll take Diet Empire over the Vong or Abeloth or even the fucking Trade Federation.

I don't mind the FO though.
>>
>>83740281
Maybe not entirely new, I like the idea of the new enemy being born from the Empire, but I would've preferred if there was at least some difference. What we got is just Empire 2.0 with a new coat of paint and that's pretty boring.

I liked the idea that's been thrown around here about making the First Order more like modern terrorists than Space Nazis. Instead of having a full army with shiny armor and parade formations, they're scrappier and are using insurgent tactics. The New Republic has more funding and manpower but now they're dealing with enemy that's taken some inspiration from the Rebels, except a lot more ruthless.
>>
>>83740361
I do appreciate that it isn't just OH SHIT, EMPIRE'S BACK FOR ROUND 2. The Empire ended, the First Order isn't here to restore it, but avenge it and then establish its own rule. They are going to need to do a better job of establishing the difference though.

I hadn't thought of the terrorism analogy though, that's really interesting.
>>
>>83733648
Fallout isn't a Bethesda game
>>
>>83736514
None of those things are going top make the game worth playing though
>>
>>83740361
>I liked the idea that's been thrown around here about making the First Order more like modern terrorists than Space Nazis.
Yeah, people were speculating this would be the case early last year. It would make a lot more sense to the audience too, since the Nazis were still a fairly recent memory in 1977 but aren't quite as relevant to audiences now, whereas a group modeled off the tactics of Islamic extremists would click more easily.

I remember also reading an article on how the idea of the First Order as the villain didn't really work in some foreign markets because to them, the US is this big imperialist bully, and having an American movie where their villain is the imperialist bully against the scrappy underdogs just makes them go "but that's you!"
>>
>>83740373
>I do appreciate that it isn't just OH SHIT, EMPIRE'S BACK FOR ROUND 2
It kind of is, though. There isn't anything that really distinguishes the First Order from the Empire. It's literally former Imperials making their own new Empire with the same goals and even the same iconography. The only substantial difference is that they're not the supreme power in the galaxy (though the movie very quickly had the New Republic crippled and very easily puts the First Order in a position to take over, so even that went out the window fast).
>>
File: disgusting.png (121KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
121KB, 326x326px
>>83731828
Man, no sign of any battles from the prequel era. What a shame but let's look around the comment section to see what others think.

>clone wars barely has cool stuff. the force awakens content is far superior.
>we have had WAAAAYYY too much clone wars recently for my tastes. gotta let the other eras out to have fun imo
>lots of clone wars crap, I just sick of playing as clones fighting robots, emotionless
>they all look the same and u know they all will turn evil or die and they all sound the same, republic commando even had to use different voices, imagine using the same clone voice actor, would've been terrible
>The prequels were bad on every level a movie can be bad in. How did you even enjoy those movies let alone want to play a video game based on them??
>we have had WAAAAYYY too much clone wars recently for my tastes. gotta let the other eras out to have fun imo

Let me throw up some more.
>>
>>83741345
>Expecting casuals to have good taste
>>
>>83737622
GOAT themesong
I liked that it swapped the non-Threepio/Artoo chars around fairly often, kept it fresh and keeping with the original idea for the duo.
>>
>>83741345
That doesn't even sound like real people.

There were fake youtuber accounts back when EAfront was announced, that were posting the same copy/paste comments trashing the cancelled Battlefront 3, and saying the newer one was better. I'm no tinfoil-hat, but it was clearly EA interns there.

When I'm on other Star Wars videos, there's always overwhelming support and demand for more Clone Wars era content, so I am having a hard time believing that the commenters on that video all conveniently chose to shit on stuff that EA is conveniently ignoring.
>>
>>83733766

Thank you, Sheev.

>dat 66

Well played.
>>
>>83733766

Thank you, Sheev.
>>
File: n.gif (2MB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
n.gif
2MB, 400x228px
>>83743481
>>83743506
no memes allowed
>>
>>83743305
Those comments I posted were replies to the top comments which were demanding prequel era content so they were real people and what's surprising was that all of those comments were getting upvotes. The fact that those people exist sicken me.
>>
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/06/mads-mikkelsen-praises-rogue-one-director-gareth-edwards.html

Rogue One sounds so good
>>
>>83744051
In Mads We Trust
>>
>>83744051
> try to scroll down
> it flips to the next page
Why is this allowed?
>>
File: h.gif (363KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
h.gif
363KB, 479x359px
>>83744051
Actors always praise the movies they're in...
>>
>>83731627
Wow. Do you all still play Star Wars Games?
I think its time to grow up guys. I meqan we are all here from 20 to 60, STOP PLAYING VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>83744559
>Woah guys, are you literally having fun? Like... why would you want to play a star wars videogame. GROW UP, KIDS.
>>
File: i rebel.png (525KB, 847x434px) Image search: [Google]
i rebel.png
525KB, 847x434px
Rogue One game LITERALLY confirmed yesterday.
>>
it's almost time fuckbois
>>
>>83745050
Time for what?
>>
>>83745143
To get gay
>>
>>83745143
To see those nitro-burning funny cars.
>>
Anyone know how to contact these wook admins? I'm tired of these bare canon articles I have high quality images that are canonical.
>>
ayy here we go
>>
>>83745201
>>83745248
>>83745325
What is going on?
>>
>>83745344
Considering the timing, probably the Microsoft press conference at E3
>>
>>83733766
Thank you Sheev.
>>
>>83732929
Speak for yourself. I've got tons of WEG and FFG rpgs, and we play clones when were not stormies or imperial customs.
>>
File: 1462043106933.jpg (138KB, 820x890px) Image search: [Google]
1462043106933.jpg
138KB, 820x890px
Thread is ded, post comfy
>>
>>83736026
Absolutely this. It's funny how things have come full circle.

>>83739187
>The movies might suck
This is entirely subjective. You have countries that thought they were great films because they weren't exposed to the hate attached to them. The parents of the OT were angry that they weren't being pandered too. This was fed onto their children. The most common criticism of the prequel films is it isn't like the OT. Even the Plinktt review boils down to its not like the OT. He keeps comparing Anakin and Luke when they clearly are not the same character despite having a similar arc.

>That's some nice fan fiction
It's true through.
>>
>>83736275
> Palpatine thought he was going to live forever
The new canon confirms this. The Tarkin book outright states it. Palpatine never intended to have chains of command or a leadership plan. He cared little for the Empire, it was just his tool. It's entire purpose was to feed his enormous dark side power. The basis of the Empire was to spread destruction, pain and suffering to enhance his power. Palpaine was trying to become powerful enough to alter reality and create his own universe. He gave zero fucks about anything else.
>>
>>83746284
I dont know if the books put it better but that makes the dark empire books seem like the pinnacle of writing
>>
>>83746335
Why?
>>
File: 1465480617468.jpg (23KB, 621x569px) Image search: [Google]
1465480617468.jpg
23KB, 621x569px
>>83746223
>The parents of the OT were angry that they weren't being pandered too.
Fans wanted good star wars movies. It's only you retarded fanboys that keep pushing this shit down everyone's throat and it's stupid. Really, I wanted good movies to but let it go already.
>>
>>83746335

>implying Sheev 2: Clone Boogaloo was good

The Palpatine clone saga was one of the dumbest fucking things the EU ever produced.

Him just being a gigantic space cunt is ten times better then being the Force version of the demon from Fallen.
>>
>>83746493
>calling someone you disagree with a troll.
Shameful display.
>>
>>83733852
I thought the films kind of sucked but the setting itself was pretty great for video games and other mediums. I mean hell, one of the good things about the Clone Wars era was the huge scale battles which were perfect for video game adaptions.
>>
File: 75GeneralGrievousFinal.jpg (89KB, 425x681px) Image search: [Google]
75GeneralGrievousFinal.jpg
89KB, 425x681px
>>83732929
>you'll never liberate the galaxy from the corruption of the Republic
>you'll never rid the galaxy of jedi filth

Confederacy feels are feels too.
>>
>>83746335
>Fan of parts of the EU but acknowledge dark empire was shit.
>Think that maybe they'll learn for past fuckups and do a better post RotJ event sequence
>They make it worse

This is taking the George "everything is either black or white" Lucas (but absolutes are Sith) shit and turning it all the way to 11. Makes me long for Dark Horse comics like KotOR (Zayne mah boi) and Empire.
>>
>>83746791
Truly, the heroes we need
>>
Why is the thread so dead?
>>
>>83747817
we're all busy
>>
>>83746791
>you'll never rid the galaxy of jedi filth

But we are. The inquisition hunted most of he survivors and when the Jedi tried to come back, they were wiped out again. There are no more Jedi.
>>
>>83747817
E3
>>
>>83747727
Truly.

>>83747910
>most of the survivors
>most

And that is exactly the problem; several key Jedi were able to escape and go into hiding, thus allowing them to pass on their knowledge at a later point.

Sure, the First Order and Kylo Ren then wiped out the new Jedi Order, but again, they failed to completely finish the job.
>>
>>83748321
>they failed to completely finish the job.

Did they? Do you see any Jedi scum today?
>>
>>83748582
Some punk kid from some backwater planet furthest from the bright center of the universe.
>>
File: pee wee.jpg (35KB, 595x334px) Image search: [Google]
pee wee.jpg
35KB, 595x334px
>>83747864
Busy doing what?
>>
File: RgRktzO.webm (201KB, 290x156px) Image search: [Google]
RgRktzO.webm
201KB, 290x156px
Anything interesting from E3?
>>
>>83748783
Having their bath
>>
File: 793627846298034.jpg (235KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
793627846298034.jpg
235KB, 1920x818px
>>83733766
>66

Based Sheev
>>
>>83748929
Oh yeah? Where are they hosing them off?
>>
>>83748905
I'm unimpressed so far. Sad that the only things to get me even remotely hyped were teasers for Bossk in Battlefront and R2 in GoH.

Everyone else seems to be raving over the new X-box console.
>>
>>83748999
They're coming out with another? Xbox Two?
>>
>>83748729

Didn't look like a Jedi to me. Just some desert womprat.
>>
>>83749187
Well, an updated X-BONE. Project Scorpio is what they're calling it.
>>
Why do races evolve lekku?
What do they do? What's the point?
>>
>>83751081
Twi'lek's use them for social shit.
>>
File: Twi'lek male.jpg (276KB, 720x750px) Image search: [Google]
Twi'lek male.jpg
276KB, 720x750px
>>83751081
They evolved lekku because they're actually humans that have received extensive genetic modifications to their DNA, which is why they still bear human characteristics and humans can still breed with them.
>>
So, what new things happened in E3? Anything interesting, or just boring stuff we've seen before?
>>
>>83751459
That genuinely makes some sense
>>
>>83751784
Pretty run of the mill. Only noteworthy thing is the updated XBoNE.

>Star Wars gets shafted
>Star Trek gets a title for VR/Occulus..
>>
>>83751459
I'd honestly believe it.
>>
File: 1463486649820.jpg (158KB, 1382x798px) Image search: [Google]
1463486649820.jpg
158KB, 1382x798px
>>83751784
https://youtu.be/yrIEW7woFFo
This is star wars related.
Literally 4 seconds of a new star wars game at 2:40.
>>
>>83752335
I'm assuming there will be more shown off at Star Wars Celebration
>>
>>83752390
I hope so.
>>
>>83751158
I thought that was Togruta?

Not saying it's exculsive to them, but I thought Twi'leks was for their brains.
>>
File: BaalPort.jpg (53KB, 225x241px) Image search: [Google]
BaalPort.jpg
53KB, 225x241px
>>83736412
>Lightsaber isn't red.
>>
>>83752511
>but I thought Twi'leks was for their brains.

Nope. They're actually big ass wads of nerve endings. If you watch Hera in Rebels, they actually move in relation to her mood. It's part of their body language.
>>
File: Vowrawn chin stroke.png (310KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
Vowrawn chin stroke.png
310KB, 500x591px
>>83733766
Thank you Sheev, for finally destroying those dross Jedi.
>>
Retweeted by Pablo
https://twitter.com/eleventhirtyate/status/742390957631492096
>>
>>83752889
Come on guys, it's literally Ezra
>>
>>83752889
I'm not a mandofag but... young Boba?
>>
>>83752665
Now that you mention it, yeah. They're also quite jiggly. Always swaying when she moves her head.

>wads of nerve endings
Erogenous zones confirmed.
>>
>>83733766
Thank you, Sheev
>>
File: Luminara Unduli 3.jpg (153KB, 614x416px) Image search: [Google]
Luminara Unduli 3.jpg
153KB, 614x416px
Dead thread is DED
Post concepts and butts
>>
File: ss execution.png (282KB, 720x452px) Image search: [Google]
ss execution.png
282KB, 720x452px
>>83754859
I only have facebook maymays.
>>
File: Cassie Cryar faces.jpg (122KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Cryar faces.jpg
122KB, 1280x738px
>>83755043
That's too bad.
>>
>>83755043
Kek Moar
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464371217140.jpg (48KB, 587x649px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464371217140.jpg
48KB, 587x649px
>>83755231
>>
File: LuminaraHS-SWE.jpg (34KB, 608x563px) Image search: [Google]
LuminaraHS-SWE.jpg
34KB, 608x563px
>>83754859
>>
File: Barriss Offee.jpg (38KB, 736x551px) Image search: [Google]
Barriss Offee.jpg
38KB, 736x551px
>>83756296
That's not a concept nor a butt!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463216754569.jpg (45KB, 885x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463216754569.jpg
45KB, 885x600px
>>
>>83755589
>>83757201
Kek
>>
Starting thinking about what kind of lineage Anakin would have started if the Clone Wars ended without all the SHTF happening.

Not just his bloodline, but his line padawan's that may retain his unorthodox methods, like Ahsoka.

Would the Order have even been able to handle it?
>>
>>83757429
Jedi Civil War v2
>>
>>83757429
I'm pretty sure he would have abandoned the order to raise his kids with Padme.
>>
>>83757640
This. I'm pretty sure he heard Obi-Wan say that he would've left the order if Satine had told him to do it.
>>
>the VR thing from yesterday's EA star wars trailer shit is demo/add-on for Battlefront
How do you fuck up with the star wars license so bad?
>>
>>83758172
Everybody thought Rogue Squadron got announced.

I could literally taste the disappointment throughout the world as "Battlefront" faded onto the screen.
>>
File: PpYrOeo.jpg (66KB, 681x458px) Image search: [Google]
PpYrOeo.jpg
66KB, 681x458px
>>83758232
I really thought it was Rogue One until one of the TIE fighters exploded and had the embers EAfront uses. There all my hopes were crushed and discarded
>>
File: darth_maul_28.jpg (191KB, 1550x1015px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_28.jpg
191KB, 1550x1015px
>>83754859
Legacy-era Jedi look neat, shame we never saw more of them.
>>
>>83758232
>I could literally taste the disappointment throughout the world as "Battlefront" faded onto the screen.
How long does EA's contract last for SW video games?
>>
>>83758549
Forever more or less.
>>
>>83758549
Like 10-15 years.
>>
>>83758520
Bix Creo is pretty sexy.
>>
File: 1453300383903.png (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453300383903.png
12KB, 200x200px
>>83758586
>>83758750
Well, that's depressing to say the least.
>>
File: Neat.webm (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.webm
340KB, 1280x720px
>>
Is the new Fanatsy Flight book canon? Nexus of Power has a lot of info about Lothals history and the Wellspring of Life (Force Priestess Planet) It says Pablo and Leland Chee contributed to it but there's stuff in here about Dawn of the Jedi and legends stuff as well. But the Lothal stuff sounded strictly canon? I don't know :s
>>
>>83758859
Not as far as I know.

>>83758813
>>83758750
>>83758586
It's up to 2024. However Disney is likely to renew the contract as long as the games are (inevitably) selling well, so it's possible that EA might basically be the permanent home of Star Wars vidya.

Unless Disney really feel like taking a risk on other studios to get better received games. But what are the chances of that happening, really.
>>
File: Dooku Pajamas.jpg (16KB, 456x528px) Image search: [Google]
Dooku Pajamas.jpg
16KB, 456x528px
Good night /co/

Sony won
>>
>>83759079
>Games after games after games after games after MCFUCKING CRASH
Sony demolished
>>
Welp, I guess that Darth Maul game is buried for good.
>>
>>83759348
It'll get robot spider legs and live, just wait.
>>
>>83759348
Good. It looked horrible.
>>
>>83759348
>>83759557
Didn't they say that they had gameplay but they still didn't have a story to work on?
>>
>>83758859
No, the tabletop stuff is all noncanon
>>
>>83759826
They illustrated Ciena Ree's appearance but that's all I know to be canon.
>>
File: SithWitch.jpg (44KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
SithWitch.jpg
44KB, 350x466px
>>83755224
Hey, I never realized until now, but she's based on some old Darth Maul concept art.
>>
File: Cassie Cryar.jpg (59KB, 864x812px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Cryar.jpg
59KB, 864x812px
>>83760077
That's pretty neat
>>
File: Pinhead rage.jpg (68KB, 781x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pinhead rage.jpg
68KB, 781x540px
>>83760077
Can't unsee!
>>
>>83732929
>A glorious death

You mean an ultimately meaningless one
>>
File: TK-421 sweats at this post.jpg (117KB, 1113x613px) Image search: [Google]
TK-421 sweats at this post.jpg
117KB, 1113x613px
>>83760156
>>
>>83734870
Exactly. There's so much you can do in the Prequel era because the setting isn't just limited to a single war. Regardless as to whether TPM felt uneventful to most, it at least opened up the galaxy in a way that felt just right. Whereas in the Sequels so far you can barely see any hint of a setting because JJ decided to concentrate on just the action and spectacle people seem to remember Star Wars for, and even then it wasn't all that great.

Say what you want of Lucas but he could at least build a world for you to play in.
>>
File: Clones in a canyon.jpg (167KB, 1219x900px) Image search: [Google]
Clones in a canyon.jpg
167KB, 1219x900px
>>83760947
Those are traitorous thoughts trooper!
>>
>>83762197
>going through a canyon
They better fucking watch out.
>>
File: Flamethrower action.jpg (112KB, 1280x541px) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower action.jpg
112KB, 1280x541px
>>83762477
Don't worry, the boys are ready for some roasted Geonosians!
>>
>>83759826
I just read Nexus of Power and it would seem some information must come from the story group. Pablo and Chee are credited on the front page and there's in depth stuff about the history of Lothal, details on Mortis which contradicts it's legends counterpart. Seems some of this stuff has come from them. There's even planets that I'd never heard of that aren't a part of legends or canon yet according to the wook. It must be a 60/40 legends to canon thing with these ff books or something confusing like that.
>>
>>83746791
>When you realize the Confederates were the good guys
If they weren't manipulated by Sheep they would have won the war easily, and would have brought the galaxy into a new age of prosperity. A shame really.
>>
>>83763474
>Sheep
I meant Sheev, damn autocorrect.
>>
>>83763571
Imagining Palpatine as a sheep is funny in an absurd kind of way.
>>
>>83757429
anakin could have started a Reformation eventually if Palpatine wasn't around

Probably use his military and Senate contacts to make a Jedi quick-response force

No one in the Council would be happy with it
>>
>>83758859
>>83763096
well give me a pdf mate

don't make me go down to /tg/
>>
>>83763966
Isn't that the plot of Zootopia?
>>
>>83765023
Requesting a drawing of Bellwether giving Sheev's electrocution speech from the end of ROTJ. You know, the "Only now, at the END, do you understand" speech.
>>
File: ogimage.img.jpg (264KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ogimage.img.jpg
264KB, 1200x675px
More like Star Wars: Fucking Input Lag
>>
>>83764766
What's wrong with /tg/?
>>
File: sZSziDC.jpg (31KB, 539x594px) Image search: [Google]
sZSziDC.jpg
31KB, 539x594px
>>83766348
There's rumors that say even if you've already had sex you become a virgin if you visit /tg/
>>
>>83766445
Weird, the few times i've been there it didnt give off that vibe. One would think their hobbies would force them to be more social.
>>
File: 1462331044060.jpg (957KB, 2480x2867px) Image search: [Google]
1462331044060.jpg
957KB, 2480x2867px
>>83766445
>>83766516
It's actually a pretty okay place. /co/ and it share a lot in common, honestly. You can pretty much end up discussing anything there because everything can be spun as "there's a table top game/we want to discuss what would go into one/just good examples of worlds" and "it once had a comic or cartoon." Being a slower board, there's less of the particularly virulent brands of 4chan autism. But tabletop games are also one of the oldest and crustiest of nerd hobbies, so it has it's own homegrown brands of retardation. And even some primordial brands of modern nerd idiocy. ie. /tg/ is great at world building discussion. Discussion of the real world much, much less so.

Comics are also a pretty old nerd hobby, but being /co/ tends to have a much more modern user base for some reason. I'd say /tg/'s user base is probably older. The only thing really older is genre fiction, and good luck ever discussion that on the literature board. Best LotR threads I've ever seen.
>>
>>83766848
Well said
>>
wew
>>
File: cutano.png (190KB, 537x879px) Image search: [Google]
cutano.png
190KB, 537x879px
dead thread

Post cute.
>>
File: 1461988067955.jpg (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461988067955.jpg
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>83768388
Not dead, just sleepy
>>
File: tumblr_o6d0ge0gCS1rytkhdo1_500.jpg (40KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6d0ge0gCS1rytkhdo1_500.jpg
40KB, 500x511px
>>83768388
>Post cute
Ok

But yeah, I'm actually liking how quiet our thread has become, it feels like they used to a year ago before TFA came in the picture, no real shitposting and actual conversations. That's how a thread should be.

But I can't wait for Celebration and the excitement that comes with it, it could be pretty interesting this year too.
>>
File: 5oPUqGQ.jpg (116KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
5oPUqGQ.jpg
116KB, 960x960px
>>83768388
>>
>>83768552
It has been confirmed that based hat-man will show the first two episodes of Rebels third season at the Celebration. And maybe they'll show some new star wars vidya footage.
>>
File: mollusc-hound .png (167KB, 351x249px) Image search: [Google]
mollusc-hound .png
167KB, 351x249px
>>83768625
For a second there, I thought that was a fucked up Siamese twined cat. Which reminds me.

What kind of animal companion would you like to travel with in the SW universe, /swg/?
>>
>>83768669
>will show the first two episodes of Rebels third season at the Celebration
If it was anything like last year, I wonder who's going to die in the premiere?
>>
>>83766848
i think its because of the cartoons bit.
>>
>>83740281
Admiral Thrawn would've been cool. Would've been a nice change of pace to have the big bad not be a force user (but that would never happen because then we get no lightsaber battles)
>>
File: Anooba_02.jpg (20KB, 621x210px) Image search: [Google]
Anooba_02.jpg
20KB, 621x210px
>>83768677
pic related

>>83768696
Probably no one.
>>
>>83768677
The bat guy from Mos Eisley in ANH.
We could be space bros and have bitchin adventures.
>>
>>83733766
Thank you, Sheev. Specially for the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center.
>>
>>83768724
Wasn't he supposed to be hinted at in that Aftermath novel? There was some ruckus about him after it came out.
>>
>>83768669
I just hope Disney releases it soon after, kinda like they did last time.
>>
>>83768677

I don't care if they smell a bit on the outside.
>>
Is it July yet?
>>
File: 1463297605483.jpg (594KB, 1264x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1463297605483.jpg
594KB, 1264x1137px
>>83768388
>>
File: 1465581253166.gif (655KB, 700x625px) Image search: [Google]
1465581253166.gif
655KB, 700x625px
>>83769029
He said cute, not ugly demons
>>
>>83769308
But nobody posted your Mom!
>>
>>83770182
BTFO
OP ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>83769308

Well sorry dude, all your waifu-shit mislead me on that.
>>
Was a video ever posted for the teaser of the X-Wing VR Battlefront mission from the Sony conference?
>>
>>83772101
I found this, hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Z7NG8NwhI
>>
>>83772217
That would be it, thanks anon
>>
So Sabine's sketchbook isn't in the pastebin.

Anybody know where to get a digital copy of it or am I going to have to buy the dead tree edition?
>>
>>83772292
Dead tree edition is the only available one. Isn't available digitally and would need to be scanned
>>
>>83769006
No mate, it's only the middle of June.
>>
File: Tats.png (444KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tats.png
444KB, 600x800px
>>83768388
>>
>>83768677
Sad to say the only ones that come to mind are Loth-Cats and Wamp Rats.

Never really imagined travelling with something flesh and blood. I was always more into Astromechs
>>
File: pJvoooh.jpg (207KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
pJvoooh.jpg
207KB, 500x649px
>>83774938
>Never really imagined travelling with something flesh and blood.
Why not murder cats?
>>
Anyone played the Lego Star wars demo yet? I honestly don't know how good it's gonna be. Most Lego games recently have been pretty good, esepecially the capeshit ones but idk. This one just seems to limited. They have cover based shooting as well for Finn.
>>
>>83774891
too cute for this thread
>>
>>83774938
>I was always more into Astromechs

I would've taken some kind of modified protocol droid. At least you can talk to those.
>>
File: ass.jpg (57KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
57KB, 720x714px
>>83775216
is the demo available on PC?
>>
>>83775216
It will be fun but not great since it has to closely follow how TFA went.
>>
>>83775312
I don't think so, it seems to be a ps4 thing only.
>>
>>83775343
>>83775216
On one hand, you can't go wrong with the lego games.

At the same time, having one game around a single movie (Lego Indy 2) didn't work so well before. At least the DLC packs seem interesting
>>
>>83775216
I've never played a lego game that wasn't fun.

Batman and Lego Star Wars 1/2 were 10/10
>>
>>83775351
god dammit
I'll have to wait for the torrent then
>>
http://www.fun.com/blog/p-945-star-wars-a-licensing-empire-infographic.aspx
>>
>>83775391
That Rebels DLC pack is literally all I want. I dont know why they're aren't doing a Lego Rebels game like they did with the clone wars. But I get why they did TFA, even if I dont' want it.
>>83775408
I'm the same. I've loved every single one but I just feel that this one will be the most limited one they've done since Indiana Jones and that was fucking shit. I can't see it having a massive character roster (excluding the dlc) and the game seems that it would be incredibly short. They will have their classic open world planet hubs as per, but it just feels so empty for a lego game.
>>
>>83777002
Your general is dead, son.
>>
File: 1460040268067.jpg (149KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460040268067.jpg
149KB, 742x960px
How do we save this thread? Waifuposting? Memeposting? We let it die?
>>
>>83777037
That's not true.

That's impossible!
>>
TFA is the best Star Wars movie
This is bound to rile up someone
>>
>>83777150
Start discussions about stuff you're interested in.

Not long til' Celebration, then there will be a plethora of shit to talk about.

Thread isn't dead, there's almost 90 unique posters. Just people seem unwilling to be the ones to actually START conversations.
>>
>>83777150
>How do we save this thread?
We talk, as well as make our OP image actually look like Star Wars by at least using something that doesn't look like something off of /v/. Heck, the OP didn't even put Star Wars in the subject header and sometimes its invisible for people when they use the catalogue to find us.
>>
>>83777185
It's a pretty solid, I liked it. What bothers me is that it had almost no innovation
>>
>>83777185
No, it's average on par with AotC.

I would actually like to talk about this movie (and others) in a thoughtful and mature manner.
>>
>>83777257
>it's a pretty solid
MOVIE
>>
File: 0oFZC4T.gif (1MB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
0oFZC4T.gif
1MB, 300x201px
>>83777150
Not all threads will be super active every single day
>>
File: Ahsoka young.jpg (112KB, 1280x556px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka young.jpg
112KB, 1280x556px
>>83777150
We post about master pwo
>>
File: little soka and master plo.png (73KB, 1632x396px) Image search: [Google]
little soka and master plo.png
73KB, 1632x396px
>>83777452
Welp.
>>
File: Boss.png (402KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
Boss.png
402KB, 800x647px
>>83777150
How about husbandus?
>>
File: IMG_20141129_073019.jpg (130KB, 1280x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141129_073019.jpg
130KB, 1280x866px
>>83777571
Yeah sure. Who's your best Husbando out of all you have, /SWG/? What is the one trait you like about them the most?

>His lovely voice
>>
File: ZdWE92i.gif (1008KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
ZdWE92i.gif
1008KB, 500x295px
>>83777571
can only post husbanus if qt gurl
>>
File: bossk_by_adhytcadelic-d8cxgyp.jpg (107KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
bossk_by_adhytcadelic-d8cxgyp.jpg
107KB, 566x800px
>>83777739
I really like reptiles.
>>
>>83777875
filthy scalefag
>>
>>83777875
Bossk is pretty cool I'll give you that. Wasn't there something about Battlefront with him in E3?
>>
File: Trandoshan hunters.jpg (111KB, 850x569px) Image search: [Google]
Trandoshan hunters.jpg
111KB, 850x569px
>>83777875
>You'll never hunt Jedi younglings
>>
File: bossk noodley.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bossk noodley.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>83777944
You know it, baby.

>>83777977
Yup. >>83736782
>>
>>83777992
>Sexually.
>>
>>83777992
I want a show all about them. Or a book, or comic.
>>
>>83777257
I would've been a solid movie if it didn't have so much unnecessary and unexplained bullshit. Unlike ANH, they tried really hard to set up for the sequels instead of focusing on it's own story.
>>
File: mr jarrus.jpg (139KB, 806x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mr jarrus.jpg
139KB, 806x1080px
>>83777739
Kanan.
>his attitude
I would totally hang out with Kanan.
>>
File: UUJpUpt.gif (1MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
UUJpUpt.gif
1MB, 316x195px
TFA would have been fine if it wasn't written by Mary Sueson
>>
>>83778195
I still like the movie and I think it had pretty solid CGI, sound design, characters (some), etc. But I totally agree with you. J.J wanted to pander to the OT purists and he didn't tried new stuff. I really want to see new, weird and interesting stuff in ep8.
>>
>>83778301
What about Anakin winning the race at a very young age and a 19 year old Luke destroying the Death Star meanwhile many pilots that had training did not make it?
>>
File: lvmaRLn.gif (924KB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
lvmaRLn.gif
924KB, 370x208px
>>83778481
Nobody ever said the prequels were good, so.
>>
>>83778355
Well I liked most of it when I first watched it (what I didn't like was mostly me nip picking) but hated it after rewatching it because there was just too much going on much like TASM2. It's annoying that you usually only pick up that sort of stuff after rewatching something.

I can't deny that whole bit with the tie fighters chasing after the falcon on Jakku was my favourite part though. They really did a good job making use of updated technology to create that. This is out of the blue here but it makes no sense that the troopers on the ground were able to contact the tie fighters to take down the falcon which showed up seconds later after chasing Finn and Rey but somehow they couldn't contact the First Order fleet surrounding the planet to stop the falcon from leaving the Jakku... Ren was still waiting up there the WHOLE time and they completely ignored that.
>>
>>83778481
I think I remember many people not liking Anakin in TPM for things like that.

And as for Luke, he had a lot of fellow pilots around to help him not die horribly, with instances of him about to get killed, only for his friends to bail him out. And the only reason he could get the torpedo into the port was that he was finally clear to fire it with no other distractions like people firing at him. Unlike the other pilot who just barely missed because of everything happening around him.
>>
>>83778481
If I may play devils advocate;

Luke spends most of the movie getting his ass kicked, or learning from others. Compare the Tusken Raider beating his ass, to Rey taking on two thugs at once no problem at the start of TFA.

Anakin is more comparable, although he was a much smaller focus in TPM. The thing with Anakin was that his story was a tragedy. He was meant to be the Chosen One. He was perfect, smart, strong, heroic... Until he wasn't. While other characters start from the bottom and rise to the top, Anakin was Jesus with a Star Wars skin, and then he loses it all.

Rey however, we all know, is almost certainly not going to be a tragedy story. Her story seems like it should be more comparable to Luke's, and yet she is way, WAY ahead of where he was in ANH.
>>
Does anyone have a screencap of Hidalgo's tweet about Snoke?
>>
>>83778918
>Rey however, we all know, is almost certainly not going to be a tragedy story.
We can always hope!
>>
>>83778918
Not to mention that we are told Anakin is the 'Chosen One' while we have no reason why Rey is so god damn strong at all.

You can speculate all you want, but being a Skywalker is not enough. As logically that would make her less powerful than Luke not more.
>>
>>83779223
She has to be more powerful than both Luke and the Sheev. Otherwise, the sjws won't let us hear the end of it.
>>
>>83778918
She can also speak fucking wookie. I can understand her learning that and having fighting skills if someone trained her on Jakku but it seems like she was alone the entire time.
>>
>>83779283
They really have their work cutout for them in the next movie. If they don't make a good explanation for Rey (good, not rationale), then I'm done. It would be the Vong all over again.
>>
File: 1460354598787.png (253KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460354598787.png
253KB, 500x375px
>>83779497
>wookie
Shyriiwook
>>
>>83777272
Attack of the Clones is actually my favorite movie of the prequels. I think it's very fun and has a great atmosphere. Anakin and Padme was cheesy as fucked but I loved it. And Jango and detective Obi-Wan was perfect. The only thing I disliked was sometimes Kenobi's shit dragged down a bit. The deleted scenes would've helped his scenes much better.

Inb4 i get called a troll
>>
>>83779497
IIRC, Rey's Survival Guide and/or Before the Awakening explain all that, although it really should be explained in a movie.
>>
>>83733766
Thank you, Sheev.
>>
>>83779896
Dude.
I love you. I never thought someone else would hold this opinion.
>>
>>83733766
Thank you, Sheev
>>
>>83780001
I've voiced this before but I was chased out the thread being called a troll. I love all the Star Wars films.
>>
>>83778225
Who wouldn't hang out with Kanan? During his exile from the Jedi he was a barhopping rogue that got all the ladies. You just know he's got some stories to tell.
>>
File: Clone Echo Cyborg.jpg (174KB, 1560x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Clone Echo Cyborg.jpg
174KB, 1560x1050px
Reminder that NEVER EVER
>>
>>83780390
this guy gets it

>>83780726
Punished Echo
>>
>>83779924
Fair enough, I'll have to check that out. But how come people bash the prequels for not explaining everything similar to this and say it's bad writing yet when TFA does it, it's a fucking masterpiece? I don't understand people these days.
>>
>>83763096
The the games are basically their own canon. They incorporate canon and legends stuff but theyre not canon.

Just because a LSG member(s) work on it doesnt make it canon. For example,S WTOR has Story Group involvement but its firmly Legends/its own canon
>>
>>83780726
But it was released...
>>
>>83780726
I would kill for GoH added skins for characters like Cyborg Echo, Adult Ahsoka, Savage with his metal arm, etc
>>
I guess that 'personal reasons' comment by Hux makes sense now that we know what happens in Bloodline. Snoke ideally wants to kill Luke but if he has to he'll just destroy every map leading to him in case the resistance finds him first and tries to restart the Jedi. Kylo will probably be demoted back to a common Knight of Ren in Episode 8 or EU shit in between 7 and 8 to parallel Vader being selfish in ANH and letting the Rebels escape and destroy the Death Star then getting demoted in the comics.
>>
>>83783063
Forgot to explain that Kylo's personal reasons were because Luke hid the fact that Vader was his grandfather from him and probably constantly told him how bad Vader was so Kylo wanted to kill Luke at all costs to get revenge for lying to him instead of accepting that Luke might just be lost forever if it ever had to come to that like Snoke wanted to do.
>>
>>83778918
Luke and Anakin both also had the benefit of having their specialness immediately explained. Anakin was the chosen one, conceived by the Force. Luke was the son of a powerful Jedi. Right off the bat, we know why each of them is meant to be special.

With Rey, they made the mistake of trying to play her as a mystery. It's clear they're waiting for the right time to reveal her backstory (possibly because there may be a twist related, but even that's debatable), but in this case it came at the expense of not telling us anything substantial about her or why she's exceptional. It has the unfortunate side effect of making her look like she's special and talent without any real explanation.

Even with Luke, we got the barebones of his origin while still leaving room for a shocking revelation about his father. We didn't need to be told immediately that Darth Vader is his father or why he was hidden away, all we needed to know was that his dad was a Jedi and an old friend of Obi-Wan. Rey? We know nothing. All we can do is guess, and it's a mystery that's not really compelling enough to work.
>>
>>83781472
Nostalgia and following the crowd. A lot of my friends never even seen a Star Wars film before TFA, but to stay up to date on the memes they parroted the "Prequels were irredeemable shit and Jar Jar raped my ass" bullshit that gets the most upvotes/pageviews and took it as pure fact. Because heaven forbid they take the time out of their "busy" schedule surfing the web for hours on end to at least form their own opinion on something.
>>
>>83781587
Knowing EA, expect to have to pay through the nose to get them, either with actual money or through some bullshit impossible game mode.

I'm almost expecting to have to deal with something similar if/when they release CW Obi-Wan.
>>
>>83783273
The reason it worked for Luke was because we weren't led to believe there was a big mystery there. We get his story and it's basic, son of a great hero aspires to be a hero. The story never raises any questions about the validity of the story and you get to take it at face value. With Rey, they wanted to introduce the mystery before actually fleshing Rey out as a character, so we're already stuck with "she's more powerful than she knows/the Force is calling to her/look, the lightsaber chose her, she must be special!" but that vague specialness comes to define her character more than any actual personality traits.

And to be fair, Episode 1 sort of does something similar, with the warnings about Anakin being dangerous, but that's because the movie is already counting on the audience mostly knowing where Anakin ends up. The movie also doesn't make the mysterious danger factor integral to his role and it's not his defining trait. It becomes important later in the trilogy but for Episode 1 itself, it's not hugely important and Anakin's role in the movie's plot doesn't revolve around the danger he apparently represents to the Jedi.
>>
>>83783273
>>83785792
For me, the biggest, and only really, problem was the mind trick right after learning of her Force Sensativity. Mind Tricking has not always been played as a super high tier ability, but we never see it from noobs. Part of it is also that "fucking Mind Control" seems like a more advanced ability than just moving stuff, pretty much the basic indication of force usage. For comparison, we don't see Luke doing it until ROTJ, where he's supposed to be nearly at the end of his training.

It led to an alright joke in my opinion, but I think the scene would've been better served by her forcing open the cuffs with the force and maybe whacking the trooper in the head with something, using or not using the Force, when he notices her doing it.
>>
>>83785903
Yeah, the mind trick was just dumb. Most of her other abilities at least make some sense, even if I think they played them up a little too much. The one people bitch the most about is her beating Kylo but I think that's honestly the easiest one to believe. She's good with melee weapons, and Kylo being both weakened and injured helps bridge the skill gap between them.
>>
>>83785957
The other big things are

>flies the Falcon super well
>knows how to fiddle with it
>Kylo is super into her
>Beat Kylo in the end

The first one is fine, and even comes with them freaking out over Finn's shooting too. The Fiddling is okay, obviously explained by her working on all the ships her whole life and being aware of the chop shop guy's mods. Kylo being into her is eh, and it helps highlight just how much like Anakin he really is.

I agree her beating Kylo is the least offensive. Chewbacca shoots his stomach/kidneys. Finn gets one or two slices in, the Rey only beats him once she uses the Force. I thought it was a fine layering of stuff. I'll also agree, though, that it probably helps that Anakin and Luke's first big victories are blowing upstations, not one vs one light saber battles.
>>
>>83786269
>Kylo is super into her

And suddenly I'm overcome with the theory/fear that Rey is one of the last surviving students to the Jedi Order following their fall at the hands of the Knights of Ren,
>>
>>83787480
Well yeah.
>It IS you
>>
>>83787493
According to Pablo, he's basically saying "so that awakening we felt was you, wasn't it?"
>>
>>83787685
ah
>>
>>83777739
This guy knows what's up, though I wouldn't actually recommend marrying a Sith.

>>83780726
That story reel is still canon though. We never did get to see him back in action as an ARC trooper though.
>>
>>83787874
We're never going to get a single female Nautolan, are we?
Our waifus will only ever be limited to 2-3 lekku. Weep with me.
>>
File: KOTOR 33_0020.jpg (790KB, 1280x1998px) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR 33_0020.jpg
790KB, 1280x1998px
>>83788183
We got one in the KotOR comic, but unfortunately only in one issue in a flashback from one of the lesser artists on the run.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (210KB, 380x468px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
210KB, 380x468px
>>83788183
It has little to do with the odds of future Nautolan females, but the Agent of the Empire comics had one.
>>
File: 1447509024614.jpg (287KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
1447509024614.jpg
287KB, 450x700px
Who is the worst Jedi and why is it Qui-Gon?
>>
>>83731627
/co/ isn't for every fandom that gets a comic, take this to /tv/ and deal with the sheevposters.
>>
>>83790671
This is actually a star wars rebels/clone wars general along with the comics.
>>
>>83790671
Well guys, you heard him. Pack it up, we're done.
>>
>>83790671
fuck off, nigger
>>
File: 1463854641496.jpg (52KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
1463854641496.jpg
52KB, 600x515px
>>83790671
ok u
>>
https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/06/15/star-wars-episode-viii-jedi-history-101/

Possible backstory to Jedi and Sith, rumors obviously
>>
>>83792921
>Rey is the chosen one Vader wasn't
Oh fucking boy, that's going to go over well if it's true.
>>
File: sheev outta treason.jpg (66KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
sheev outta treason.jpg
66KB, 846x846px
>>83733766
Thank you, Sheev
>>
File: Umbaran tank.webm (2MB, 941x400px) Image search: [Google]
Umbaran tank.webm
2MB, 941x400px
>>83733852
>People love the prequels/prequel era now
>What happened?
prequels make for a great background for FPS
you know - with all that galactic war and shit
>>
>>83790510
That's a funny way of Grand masters of the Jedi Order.

Qui-Gon was the best and had the council actually listened to him, he would not only be alive but Anakin would be a powerful and wise Jedi without being touched by a Sith.
>>
>>83793215
>Grand masters of the Jedi Order.
How badly did the Jedi Order mess up?
>>
>>83793514
>How badly did the Jedi Order mess up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4L_S9K-BkQ
>>
>>83792921
It works with the Father/Son/Daughter and makes sense given the tree, and I believe Lucas had given a very similar backstory to the Jedi and Sith before. I'll believe it until something contradicts it.
>>
>>83793514
>How badly did the Jedi Order mess up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQjXeMBRt50
>>
>>83733766
Thank you based Sheev.
>>
File: 1465669599257.png (118KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
1465669599257.png
118KB, 300x326px
>>83793998
>>83794049

While you have to admit they got Sheev'ed pretty badly, I wonder If something like a civil war or a different type of disaster would have happened anyway. They did deem to be pretty dogmatic, corrupt and old fashioned, and im not sure how much of it was sheevs influence
>>
>>83793514
Badly. They became too complacent in their place in the Galaxy and arrogant in the belief that all the Sith were dead and couldn't tell a Sith was their Chancellor until it was too late. The Jedi also became the attack dogs of the Republic and instead of keeping the peace between all of the Galaxy they did as the Republic bade them to do. They also allowed politics to butt in on their affairs and Ahsoka's trial was the culmination of that.

There were a couple of Jedi that had seen where they were going and tried to stop it, Qui-Gon and Dooku, but sadly that didn't work. It wasn't all the Jedi though, just the Council.
>>
>>83794251
>I wonder If something like a civil war or a different type of disaster would have happened anyway.
I think it would have happened a few centuries, at most, if Sheev didn't influence the political landscape, he just hurried the process. The Outer-Rim was getting screwed by everyone else in the Galaxy anyways, they would have turned on it soon enough.
>>
>>83794426
That is true too, I mean the separatists where pretty right in some of their points, but I meant the Jedi themselves. In old cannon the very first jedi order did split and had an all out civil war which led to the first sith eventually. The way the Jedi council acts, especially in the clone wars, makes me think that there must have been a lot of jedi annoyed and fed up with them seriously mace comes across as a grade A dick
>>
>>83794353
>>83794426

I honestly don't think the Jedi were too much to blame. I feel it's heavily implied the Sith were undermining them and the Republic since Darth Bane. They never really won that war against the Sith. Order 66 and the Clone Wars were a result of that.
>>
Guys we can actually discuss comics today.

Star Wars 020 (2016) (Digital) (BlackManta-Empire).cbr
http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/xaHcCIoc/file.html
Han Solo 001 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr
http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/x33L4RGZ/file.html
>>
>>83794553
The Jedi were to blame in the sense that they let fear or their sense of servitude take precedence over their code and ideals. The moment the Jedi saw the clones for the first time, they should have refused to fight, period. Maybe go underground and keep upholding peace and civility among the populace on both sides of the front without actually joining the battlefield?

They were so eager to prove they weren't Sith by throwing themselves at the feet of whoever was in charge of the Republic at the time that they turned a blind eye to the sins committed with the Senate's approval and paid for it. And that's the biggest fault of the prequels from a lore standpoint in my opinion. No Jedi ever seems to really question the morality of the clones until they turn on their generals. We could see a schism form within the Order, between Jedi like Obi and Yoda on one side and Mace and Dooku, before he turns, on the other. Why not? Did Lucas think the immorality of breeding an entire race for the purpose of dying in a war would go over kids heads?
>>
>>83794251
>corrupt
I don't really see that, at least the way people usually use Corrupt. The closest we come is one or two Jedi who go Dark Side, which is sort of usual all the time, apparently. Otherwise, the Jedi is basically incorruptible almost to a fault, really.

TCW cartoon did a good job at making them not seem like clueless tools all the time. It becomes apparent that the Jedi are super suspicious about what's going on, but they'd basically already over committed to the war and couldn't pull out of it without making things worse. Sheev and Dooku were also running around making sure all attempts to deescalate the war failed.

On that note, it's interesting to be reminded that the Jedi never did find out Tyrannus was Dooku and the one who commissioned the Clone army. I'd completely forgotten about that deception until it was brought up in the show.
>>
>>83795099
I storytimed them here >>83794734
>>
>>83794553
>honestly don't think the Jedi were too much to blame
The Jedi were very much to blame, they had become too arrogant in thinking they were the last of the Sith were destroyed and didn't even listen to Count Dooku when he told them the Sith were still very much alive and kicking. The Jedi got cocky and self assured in their own beliefs over the centuries and didn't look at the whole picture.

They had also become too involved in politics and got tangled in that mess.

>>83795099
That's nice, let's storytime it.
>>
>>83795133
>No Jedi ever seems to really question the morality of the clones until they turn on their generals
They did question the morality of the clones. The even tried helping them become citizens of the Republic and make sure they had rights as actual people. The ones that didn't really care were many senators that seen them as mere tools of war, those were the ones that gave no shit about the clones and could care less about them.
>>
>>83795184
Well some were really getting into the whole warrior thing, something they supposedly shouldnt be doing.
>>
>>83795330
All that shit happened in the EU and doesn't help the quality of the films.
>>
Was Yoda a good Grand Master?
>>
>>83795675
Personally I believe he did what he could, given the circumstances, but he too got outsheeved in the end. He was less of a dick than the others at least.
>>
File: Laughing Twi'lek.png (364KB, 512x374px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Twi'lek.png
364KB, 512x374px
>>83795206
Wow, both of those issues were actually great. The Obi-Wan issue was comfy as fuck, and the Han Solo issue was fun too, considering I went in with Zero expectations.

Thanks for posting them!

Also, new qts
>>
File: Togruta.png (187KB, 248x280px) Image search: [Google]
Togruta.png
187KB, 248x280px
>>
>>83795654
That happened in TCW.
>>
>>83795983
She looks familiar...
>>
>>83795983
The fuck's the guy supposed to be? A Chiss? A Pantoran? A Wroonian? Another, unimaginative blue person species?
>>
>>83795983
Is that blue James Franco?
>>
>>83796070
probably a Pantoran
>>
File: tumblr_n5q9t9GdmI1s506dlo1_1280.jpg (82KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5q9t9GdmI1s506dlo1_1280.jpg
82KB, 736x1040px
>>83777571

I call dibs! It seems my hasubando is invincible at this point! inb4 Filoni
>>
File: impressed.png (113KB, 219x281px) Image search: [Google]
impressed.png
113KB, 219x281px
Anyone else think Han Solo #1 was really good?
>>
>>83796668
I liked it, but then again I wasn't even expecting anything out of it.
>>
>tfw one month to celebration
who's going? It'll be my first convention ever, I'm buzzing
>>
>>83796708
>>83796668
I was a bit surprised on that one.
>Go in expecting smuggling shenanigans
>Instead, it's 'Gathering for the Space Race'

Not that I'm complaining or anything
>>
>>83796708
I think that's why I thought it was good, I was pleasantly surprised by it because I expected nothing.
>>
File: new star wars vidya.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
new star wars vidya.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
What is this? Star Wars 1212? 1414? Graphics look good but EA games always lack gameplay "stuff".
>>
>>83797669
has anyone talked about the giant BB8 head to the left of the entrance
>>
>>83797699

I thought that thing looked familiar.
>>
File: 1464798726949.jpg (100KB, 971x651px) Image search: [Google]
1464798726949.jpg
100KB, 971x651px
>>83795133
>No Jedi ever seems to really question the morality of the clones until they turn on their generals
The Jedi were extremely suspicious and questioned everything about the Clones. Rewatch Attack of the Clones. The problem was a Sith (Dooku) was leading an opposing army. Yoda and the rest of the Jedi were even attempting to figure out what the hell was going on but Sidious was smart enough to split them up by starting the Clone Wars. The war threw the Jedi completely off course. So much death, destruction, chaos they were blind and tools of the Republic. Sidious played it perfectly. The Jedi were bond to protect the Republic against the Sith after the last war.

>Did Lucas think the immorality[...]
Of course he didn't because it's brought up a lot in TCW. There are some extremely horrific moments in the show that Clones question their existence and what they will do after the war.

>>83795212
>didn't even listen to Count Dooku
Why would they? He fucked off and allied with a Sith lord to fight against the Republic. Also the Jedi knew about the Sith because Qui-Gon died. Problem is they had NO leads and Sidious was throwing them off.
>>
>>83797669
We literally no nothing about it, or any other Star Wars games right now. EA are being annoyingly quiet about it all, which is pissing me off. Even with Mass Effect they said fuck all.
>>
>>83797669
I hope the whole game doesn't take place on Tattoine. I get the western vibes but jesus christ already. I've had enough of sand.
>>
>>83797800
>I've had enough of sand.
It's coarse and it's dry and it gets everywhere.
>>
>>83797771
maybe they'll show more footage at the celebration

>>83797800
>I've had enough of sand.
t. Anakin

Just kidding, sand planets are pretty boring.
>>
File: there, fixed it.gif (2MB, 298x380px) Image search: [Google]
there, fixed it.gif
2MB, 298x380px
>>83797800
>I hope the whole game doesn't take place on Tattoine. I get the western vibes but jesus christ already. I've had enough of sand.
Aren't we all. Besides, it doesn't matter if it's tatty if it's another sand planet. Personally I want to see more alien planets rather than another "full ice\sand\trees\city planet.
>>
>>83797800

I'd wish for a game that's like a.. mid-rim/suburbanite setting. We can't obviously ever have a game take place completely on the surface of Coruscant, and Tattooine.desert shite has been old as fuck for years. A kind of planet with mixed qualities like the underworld of Corsucant, the regal fancy-ness of Naboo, and unique wild landscapes like a mix of maybe Felucia, Selucamai and some realistic shit peppered in.
>>
>>83797871
Hopefully they do, but I doubt it. E3 was the biggest place to show off anything meaninfgul about the game, if anything is revealed it'll just be a name.
>>
force bump
>>
Wait a minute is this a Rakattan?
>>
File: Rakata_profile.png (135KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
Rakata_profile.png
135KB, 290x290px
>>83799487
Head is too small
>>
>>83799487
They have spoken about rakata prime being canon or something and they did say VIII would be crazier so who knows
>>
>>83795099
Interesting how Uncle Owen isn't an entire douche all the time and Aunt Beru is a top tier caretaker who really cared about Luke and wasn't afraid to throw down with a wookiee to defend her own.

Also confirmed that Obi-Wan's skills are rotting away on Tatooine. Sure as hell isn't just old age. Windu was surely in his 50s and was at the height of his power, Dooku was even older and he sure as hell wasn't a pushover.

He's just not living his life as a Jedi anymore, stuck living out his existence on Tatooine and barely clinging to what he once was. The more he tightens his grip the more of his old self slips through his fingers.

Also d-do you think he took one of those Banthas as his bride?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf71hx4Jnko
IT'S THE STAR WARS SHOW

>New Star Wars Video Games, Han Solo #1 Preview, and Nick Swardson | The Star Wars Show
>>
File: TFAHanSolo.png (422KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
TFAHanSolo.png
422KB, 375x500px
Was killing off Han Solo a good idea or a bad idea?
>>
>>83800440
The only idea, I'd imagine. Harrison was ready to walk away since before ROTJ, after all. They just gave him what he always wanted.
>>
>>83800210
>3:55
>The eras they're dealing with it's just gonna appeal to totally different fans

Viscerals is OT so Respawn's game has to be set in the PT. OR EVEN KOTOR PLS
>>
>>83800440
We won't really know until we see how the plot and characters reacts to his death.
>>
>>83800559
>yfw it's never brought up again
>>
>>83800772
Considering how glossed over it was in TFA, I wouldn't be surprised. Leia doesn't act like she's in grief and ignores Chewie. Which annoyed me because Bloodline made it clear that they strongly still cared for each other, in TFA they acted like bitter divorcing parents arguing in front of their child.
>>
>>83800440
Yes, although making him a snarky Republic general would be fine too.
>>
>>83800830
It wasn't the first tragedy in Leia's life, and she still had a job to do, look how she reacted to the destruction of her own homeworld, For example. She's tough.

I wouldn't say it was really glossed over. Rey is pretty shaken by that, Chewie spent some time grieving alone. Even Finn is shocked. But they were still busy not dying, or after that being in a coma or sent on a mission to find Luke. It's Star Wars, you have to move on dude.
>>
>>83801149
That is true anon, I forgot how tough she was. I guess I was more bothered about the lack of interaction between her and Chewie but I'm sure it'll be done in the next one. Though I'm sure ive read fan theories and the like saying he was so devestated that Han died he couldn't face Leia and she knew to respect that.
>>
>>83799487
An Utai possibly?
>>
File: 1465941270738.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465941270738.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>83800440
sholddoneinep6tbhdesu. tfa fucked everything. literally every fucking thing. fuck
>>
File: latest.png (55KB, 200x123px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
55KB, 200x123px
>>83801469
The utai have odd looking mouth holes and horizontal irises.
>>
File: 1462572671940.jpg (68KB, 438x576px) Image search: [Google]
1462572671940.jpg
68KB, 438x576px
>>83795212
>and didn't even listen to Count Dooku when he told them the Sith were still very much alive and kicking.

Obi-Wan at least thought to consider the possibility, but Yoda shut that down quick:

"Joined the Dark Side, Dooku has. Lies, greed and mistrust are his ways now."

Dooku told Obi-Wan the truth knowing that Obi-Wan and the Council would consider it a lie given Dooku's allegiance. But, cautious as they were, the Jedi would end up keeping a closer eye on the Senate, even going as far as to get involved in its affairs (and vice versa) to the point where neither would be particularly trusting of the other.

>tfw Dooku Sheev'd the Jedi into believing a self cultivated lie

Kind of makes me wish we saw more Jedi roaming about the halls of the Senate building so as to illustrate that point of encroachment.
>>
>>83801996
Utai/Human hybrid?
>>
>>83802170
that's amore
>>
>>83802223
Who would want to fuck a Utai?
>>
Storytiming the last couple of short stories because why not?
>>
>>83802284
People with taste.
>>
File: 1465103706014.png (75KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1465103706014.png
75KB, 321x322px
>>83802284
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 289x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 289x338px
>>83802284
Who says she did?
>>
>>
>>
File: 1.jpg (452KB, 1560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
452KB, 1560x1080px
>>
File: 2.jpg (518KB, 1557x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
518KB, 1557x1080px
>>
File: 3.jpg (606KB, 1557x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
606KB, 1557x1080px
>>
File: 1.jpg (462KB, 1558x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
462KB, 1558x1080px
>>
File: 2.jpg (494KB, 1557x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
494KB, 1557x1080px
>>
File: 3.jpg (610KB, 1557x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
610KB, 1557x1080px
>>
>>83802437
>And Grummgar was a very big guy indeed.

For you.
>>
File: 01.jpg (553KB, 1558x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
553KB, 1558x1080px
>>
File: 02.jpg (556KB, 1557x1080px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
556KB, 1557x1080px
>>
File: 03.jpg (512KB, 1558x1080px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
512KB, 1558x1080px
>>
File: 04.jpg (561KB, 1080x1497px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
561KB, 1080x1497px
That's all I have. Hope you enjoy. Is Rebels UK #18 out yet?
>>
Are these stories canon?
>>
>>83802637
Considering they are heavily influenced by canon novels, I'd say so.
>>
>>83802637
Yes they are.
>>
>>83802320
>>83802370
>>83802415
10/10
Would read 10 times. That ending was perfect.
>>
>>83802509
Is that a battledroid/commando faceplate as a combat mask?
>>
File: whatthefuckman.jpg (96KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckman.jpg
96KB, 1200x676px
>>83763474
Exactly.

Dooku should have betrayed Sheev and led the Confederacy to victory against the Republic and the Jedi.

>Darth Tyrannus and General Grievous will never liberate the Galaxy from Sheev and his corrupt Republic

I need to stop, it makes me too sad.
>>
>>83803469
>Dooku should have betrayed Sheev and led the Confederacy to victory against the Republic and the Jedi.

I haven o doubt that he intended to from the git-go. He was just out-Sheeved at every turn.
>>
do jedi buy each other birthday presents?
>>
>>83804595
Pablo Hidalgo here. Yes, they do.
>>
>>83804658
: )
>>
>>83795184
>the Jedi never did find out Tyrannus was Dooku
I thought they did after the pkyes spilled it out and Obiwan figured it out.
>>
>>83804852

That was more or less the confirmation. They had reason to believe a correlation between Tryanus and Dooku from Obi-wan's encounter and pursuit of Jango Fett.
>>
>>83804658
So they're not Hobbits.

The more you know.
>>
>>83803783
Basically. He was clearly biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do it. Of course, he got blindsided in the end.
>>
File: 1466002240753.jpg (149KB, 537x605px) Image search: [Google]
1466002240753.jpg
149KB, 537x605px
You're all really rustling my lumpawarrumps
>>
File: 1442194147861.jpg (19KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
1442194147861.jpg
19KB, 236x353px
>>83805806
>>
I've been out of the loop.
Is there anything new announced or is it just that shit EA montage?
>>
>>83805938
There's some gimmicky VR add-on to Battlefront. That's about it. Nothing else is really concrete.
>>
>>83802415
I misread the ending at first and thought that the little girl was the daughter of a Rodian and I thought how badass it would be to have a female Rodian rebel. I was disappointed when I realized she was probably human.
>>
Holy crap, GOH during summer vacation. Rough as shit in PVP, having a hard time reaching my usual rank.
>>
>>83805806
The art in the Obi-Wan stories seems to waver from awesome to dorky because of the traced facial expressions, especially Owen and Luke.

That said, Obi-Wan adventures are easily the best part about the main comic.
>>
>>83806049
I wonder if the Obi-Wan chapters will get collected into a separate trade paperback. I would buy that.
>>
>>83805806
R.I.P Harambe
>>
>>83805938
This >>83805974
And this >>83797669 is the only thing we saw about a new game being made by Visceral Games.
>>
>>83806429
>Visceral Games.
That's hopeful.
Dead Space 1 and 2 are masterpieces
>>
>>83797669
Those are some snappy Nazi/Imperial/Roman banners
>>
>>83806574
Nobody does style quite as well as fascists
>>
>>83806026
I just hit the level cap myself. Keep expecting to hit the point where shit gets ugly in Galactic War.

On the plus, Zam is up. Still trying to get Leia to show up in the arena store. I've already run into someone who not only has her up to six-stars, but is also paring her with Akbar for more follow-up shenanigans
>>
>>83806566
Yeah, it will probably be a decent game but remember, they are working with EA and they usually do a lot of DLC and season pass shit.
>>
File: Z001.jpg (29KB, 350x340px) Image search: [Google]
Z001.jpg
29KB, 350x340px
>>83797699
An Ubrikkian speeder. It was in the first film.
>>
>>83806858
This reminds me of that mine-layer droid from A New Hope
>>
File: Rustled.webm (494KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Rustled.webm
494KB, 720x404px
>>83805806
>>
>>83806696
She's NASTY with Ackbar. In PVP they can both rip the shit out of you.
>>
>>83806696
Leia shows up in my store but I hope it IS broken since that way maybe they'll give us a "whoops we fucked up" 500 crystal bribe.
>>
>>83807143
That she is. I've been running the two of them in Light Side missions since I got her over a month ago. Haven't been willing to use her anywhere else because I want to get her out of the 2-star range.

Also, I kinda want Zam. Should be fun playing with someone that can exploit detonators
>>
File: i am the senate.png (189KB, 250x408px) Image search: [Google]
i am the senate.png
189KB, 250x408px
>>83803469
>CIS
>made up of cyberpunk tier evil megacorps
>not corrupt
>Dooku out sheeving sheev
>???????
>>
>>83803469
I'm still a bit of a sucker for the CIS.
-Dooku warning about the corruption in the Senate
-Leading a resistance from the corruption

Always did feel like it could've been a precursor to the Rebel Alliance, mostly because of reading the RotS book
>>
iirc, Hidalgo mentioned that KoTOR's depiction of the Old Republic era was troublesome since the technology and culture does not feel like it's from 4000 years in the past. Would you play a remake with canon elements like cross guard lightsabers added?
>>
>>83787480
Bloodline wrecked this theory. She was never Luke's student and probably not his kid either. The Jedi academy massacre happened only 6 years before TFA and Rey was already on Jakku for years at that point.
>>
>>83808286
I get what they where trying to do, but that picture is so stupid
>>
>>83808286
Hard to answer that based on the crossguard alone. I'm leaning towards a yes, but I'll need more convincing.
>>
File: Purity Armor.jpg (524KB, 4340x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Purity Armor.jpg
524KB, 4340x1646px
>>83808286
I would, but more "old" elements have to be added, like ballistic weaponry and more primitive looking vessels.
>>
>>83808286
If it is a good game
>>
File: direct fire walker.jpg (490KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
direct fire walker.jpg
490KB, 1920x1920px
>>83808286
More fantasy and less sci-fi. Where people call the force magic and sensitives witches and wizards. Maybe have some traditional quests to rescue princes and princesses thrown in their
>>
>>83808648
They do refer to Old Ben as a wizard in a new hope so we know that is thing in universe
I'd like if it was more used in this Old Republic
>>
File: Galactic Exploration.jpg (545KB, 666x873px) Image search: [Google]
Galactic Exploration.jpg
545KB, 666x873px
>>83808648
Don't know how that would fit when people were exploring and colonizing the galaxy for tenths of thousands of years.
>>
File: Darth_Bane_BtS.png (4MB, 4096x3020px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane_BtS.png
4MB, 4096x3020px
>>83808286
So long as it's good and the Sith attire is inspired by the ancient Chinese armor like Canon Bane
>>
>>83808810
That map isnt canon
>>
>>83808844
Still, it takes a shit load of time to colonize half the galaxy.
>>
>>83808648
>Maybe have some traditional quests to rescue princes and princesses thrown in their

I would like to have more sci-fi than that, like early interplanetary ships and things as far as tech goes
but not too much less than that
>>
>>83808286
I've actually done that using a crossguar saber mod for KOTOR. In my headcanon Kylo is using Revan's lightsaber until Canon contradicts it.
>>
>>83808286
I would love a canon depiction of the era.
>>
>>83809116
>until Canon contradicts it.
It already has. Kylo built it himself (which is why it's all shoddy looking), he based it on an ancient design but the lightsaber itself isn't literally an ancient weapon.

Where the cracked crystal came from is still unknown though, so you COULD imagine that the crystal itself once belonged to Revan.
>>
>>83808810
Being technologically advanced enough for interstellar travel doesn't mean they understand the force fully, especially since the force is capable of doing some crazy shit at the highest levels
>>
>>83809212
He got it from Malachor. He may have gotten it in pieces and put it together or something but close enough.
>>
>>83807746
I keep seeing this guy in PVP

Ackbar - Leader
Leia
Old Daka
Royal Guard
Luminara

I'm 4000 power over this guy but I'd hesitate like hell to fight a team comp like that, at least as long as my counter units aren't ready for PVP. If this was in GW I'd just tap Qui-Gon and feel good to go, but in PVP I'm stuck with my best team and sadly they can't handle every comp. For instance if Luminara was replaced with Rey, shit, forget that.
>>
File: Hussar.jpg (54KB, 401x604px) Image search: [Google]
Hussar.jpg
54KB, 401x604px
>>83809241
They would've still given a name to them to seem more politically correct. It's the only sensible solution.

>>Maybe have some traditional quests to rescue princes and princesses thrown in their
What about that though?
>>
File: 1451781247048.jpg (541KB, 2048x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1451781247048.jpg
541KB, 2048x1393px
>>83802415
The worse part is it's all utimelty meaningless. The First Order took over and the New Republic failed.

It didn't mean a damn thing. None of it.
>>
>>83808028
How could anyone possible feel for the CIS? It's filled with the most corrupt corporations in the galaxy. They're mostly responsible for the shithole that is the Republic. Were you guys not paying attention to the plot?
>>
>>83808028
Same. The idea of Dooku leading the Outer Rim planets to freedom from corporate tyranny and Jedi incompetence is pretty cool. It's truly a shame that it was all just a ruse and he ended up getting Sheev'd.

>>83807922
>made up of cyberpunk tier evil megacorps

The corporate alliance was simply funding and building the CIS's army, many of the various planets and peoples that joined and comprised the Separatist Alliance actually believed in the cause.

The Banking Clan, Techno Union, and Trade Federation are all in league with the Sith and using the political climate of the Clone Wars to further their own goals. They play both sides, having seats in both the Republic and Separatist senates.

So really, the Confederacy wasn't any more corrupt than the Republic. That's just Jedi propaganda.
>>
>>83810060
The Republic is filled with and controlled by those same corporations desu.
>>
>>83810060
>It's filled with the most corrupt corporations in the galaxy.
Most of those corporations are making deals with both sides, though. Plus the average CIS citizen and even their own senate had no idea the corporations had that much influence, and they legitimately believed they were fighting for a noble cause.
>>
>>83810150
>>83810262
I know but picking sides when both have been manipulated and corrupted by the Sith is retarded. Especially when we know everything. The point is none of them were good guys. It was all rotten to the core.

>legitimately believed they were fighting for a noble cause
The Trade Federation. Techno Union and Bank Clan prove otherwise. Jesus, look at the sinister shit they were doing in TCW. They were all rotten and needed to be purged.
>>
>>83810313
>The Trade Federation. Techno Union and Bank Clan prove otherwise.
Did you miss the part where I said "average citizen"? They had an entire episode of TCW devoted to this.
>>
File: sw1546321.jpg (141KB, 1282x676px) Image search: [Google]
sw1546321.jpg
141KB, 1282x676px
>>83810313
but the republic seemed pretty okay anon
>>
>>83731627
meh, could be worst
>>
>>83810313
>The Trade Federation, Techno Union, and Banking Clan prove otherwise.

That's the point though, they were the real villains, not the Separatists. Many of the actual Confederates just wanted out of the Republic's bullshit.

But yeah, you're right, at the end of the day none of them were really the "good guys", just tools of the Sith.

I can dream though, can't I?
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 140

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.