[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could nintendo sue me for copyrighting this character if I say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Donk2.jpg (621KB, 1500x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Donk2.jpg
621KB, 1500x1846px
Could nintendo sue me for copyrighting this character if I say it's a parody?

Possible complains:
- Link Hat
- Mario overalls
- mustache
- pink link hair from alttp

The point is for it to be an amalgamation of video games but is this crossing a line?
>>
also this character as a Belmont/Samus combo (metroidvania)
>>
File: Donk1.jpg (644KB, 1500x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Donk1.jpg
644KB, 1500x1846px
Here is the alt. for the first one but i really think it works better making direct references.
>>
>>83669184
>>83669239
They look look nothing alike. At all.
Based on this logic, Nintendo could sue me for making a PowerPC-based rectangular white console due to it's similarity to the Wii.
>>
>>83669299
but the entire show takes place in "videogame land"
>>
>>83669330
Well you said it's a parody, didn't you?
As long as you don't mention any brands or logos or unmodified characters by name you're under fair use
>>
>>83669389
fug yeh

:3
>>
>>83669389
Oh shit. What about the title.
It's
"Super Turbo Genesis."

Think i can get away with it?

>>83669299
Also the difference with your powerPc scenario is you aren't trying to sell it.
>>
It's like every ten year old's fanfiction author avatar character.
>>
>>83669427
It's not like SEGA can trademark the word "genesis" and Nintendo can trademark "super". Yes, you're still in the clear.

Alright, you got me with the powerpc scenario. Point still remains, though.
>>
>>83669521
Thanks for the info. Copyrighting dis boy as we speak.
>>
Parody is very heavily protected under American copyright law.

Still I would recommend reading the relevent acts yourself
>>
>>83669184

They might try to

I will use for example, the Austin Powers movie, a parody of James Bond spy films. Austin Powers was certainly copyrighted, and was a parody. But when they first tried to name the third movie "Goldmember", people from the 007 productions tried to sue them because they claimed it was too similar to Goldfinger. But similarity is kind of the point of parody, so the suit was dropped and the movie was still released as Goldmember
>>
>>83669783
Then I aint afraid
>>
>>83669939

I mean, there was that Drawn Together cartoon which had a parody of Link as some flaming sissyboy, and they got away with that on a TV show

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.