[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the "kuh-razy 100-casualties-per-episode" violence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is the "kuh-razy 100-casualties-per-episode" violence in shows like Superjail and Mr Pickles actually funny? I know humor is subjective but is there really that big of a fanbase for shock humor that it can thrive the way it does?

Newer Family Guy gets shit on all the time for resorting to shock humor every so often, but why do the Adult Swim shows get a free pass?
>>
>>83655035
It's more for the appeal to see how people die and how fast in succession it happens
>>
>>83655035
Superjail actually had some pretty neat ways to mass murder people.
>>
>>83655132
Superjail had 1 story per episode, and yeah unique ways to die before they respawn next episode. Fun show in a weird way.

Willy Wonky gone as homicidal as possible.
>>
>>83655035
yes because the animation is fantastic
superjail has a really great vibe that remains consistent throughout the show, and the gratuitous violence that only gets more intense and surreal the further down you go into the jail's unknown depths adds to that
>>
>>83655035
>Newer Family Guy gets shit on all the time for resorting to shock humor every so often, but why do the Adult Swim shows get a free pass?

Because Superjail does it creatively, and Family Guy just... does it.

...or rather, Superjail *did* do it creatively. The last season felt a lot more like it was just about violence for the sake of violence. Nothing particularly clever about it.
>>
Superjail is a show I feel like I shouldn't like, but I like it anyway. The animation is so smooth and fluid that it really sucks you in.
>>
>>83655497
It felt like they didn't know what to do with the show last season. Season one was stream of consciousness gold, second season stepped up the animation quality and focused more on the narrative, then viewers reacted negatively so they tried to ape the 1st season by rolling back the animation into a more stiff style akin to season 1 and going fuck all with the story.

On another note, I like Mr. Pickles.

It's basically a self-aware parody of shock cartoons with stupid amounts of violence and offensive humor fired off in such a rapid fire fashion that you barely have time to let anything sink in, it just doesn't care and it wants you to know it.
>>
>>83655035
i honestly just liked the warden
>>
>>83655035
Superjail is art, that's why.

Admittedly I haven't seen it since season 1.
>>
Superjail violence merge with the sureal tone.

desu i watched 2 episodes of Mr pickles and some stuff was alright in the first one.

i understand the rage that a show like this can get accepted by adult swim but it's have 2-3 ok episodes
>>
>>83655035
I think Superjail is genuinely entertaining (depending on the season) but that is more with how completely overboard they go. It's not enough to be crazy and murderous it's chock-full of insane ideas that sometimes happen in just a second to make room for the next scenario.
It's overladen and that was the fun part to watch.
>>
If Superjail cut out the violence and was a show about the warden coming up with insane inventions and plots that only inconvenienced everyone rather than killed them, it would still be solid because there's some creative minds working on the show. I'm not a fan of how graphic it can get at times but I enjoy it.

If you cut the violence from Mr. Pickles, you have a very ugly slideshow.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.