[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started a friend watching the Flash TV show. He doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: the-flash-banner.jpg (37KB, 618x347px) Image search: [Google]
the-flash-banner.jpg
37KB, 618x347px
I started a friend watching the Flash TV show. He doesn't read comics. Thinks the Marvel movies are fun but doesn't obsess over them or anything. But he REALLY likes the Flash. Not in a weird, obsessive way. He just definitely, clearly enjoys it, and is willing to have conversations about it even though he's usually quiet and reserved.

So, what are some good comics to give him to read? It's more the tone of the Flash, its mixing of personal life and superheroics in a way that doesn't feel at all disjointed, and the whole "shit getting realer and realer at a breakneck pace" element that he seems most into. Plus probably Wells being amazing.

Cape stuff preferred.

I tend to read more DC but am not particularly prejudiced toward one of the Big 2 over the other.
>>
cw sucks
>>
>>83641641
Thanks, anon. That was helpful.
>>
>>83641266
Wally West's run as Flash. It's currently being storytimed, and the OP includes links to the previous threads that are archived and in desustorage.
>>
Well the most obvious choice would to make him read the Flash comics.
Rebirth could be a good start (the first rebirth and even the new)
>>
>>83641266
I feel like this "friend" is actually you. Especially since you claimed to read comics, but aren't make recommendations to this "friend" yourself.
Waid Flash
Brubake/Fraction Iron Fist
Bendis Daredevil
Azzarello Wonder Woman
Not capeshit but Bone

>>83642258
I'll second this. It's designed to be a jumping on point.
>>
>>83642276
It isn't me. It's my sister's boyfriend. I mostly read stuff like Hellblazer, along with anything by Grant Morrison, and a bunch of bronze age comics. If I wanted recommendations for me, I'd just ask. Just thought it'd be cool to get a broader range of recommendations than I could produce myself.

Regardless, thank you all for the recommendations.
>>
>>83641641
Like everything, it has it's moments.
>>
Search the catalog fot Wally West storytime anon.
>>
>>83641266
Thirding the Wally West storytime - especially because The Return of Barry Allen just happened, and that's def relevant to the CW Flash because Eobard Thawne. (My CW Flash watching friends always enjoy comics!Eobard's backstory)
>>
It's not Flash but I'd say Ultimate Spider-Man (Parker not Miles) is definitely similar in tone and deals with the superhero stuff + home life pretty well.
>>
File: 1453835692546.jpg (37KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
1453835692546.jpg
37KB, 600x520px
>>83642276
>Bendis Daredevil
>Azzarello Wonder Woman

Don't be a dick to the newbie, anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.