[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /co/, I just watched that X-Men Apocalypse movie and I thought,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: superman lunch meat.jpg (85KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
superman lunch meat.jpg
85KB, 800x480px
So /co/, I just watched that X-Men Apocalypse movie and I thought, why is Apocalypse the main villain?
Honestly, this guy is outclassed by at least half of his henchmen
>Apocalypse
>regeneration, dust manipulation, force fields, mutant power modification
>can't fly, no real offensive powers, not even super strength
>Horsemen:
>Psylocke: ninja skills, telekinesis, telepathy
>Archangel: can fly, wings made of knives
>Storm: can fly, weather control (i.e. lightning)
>Magneto: can fly, can control all metal around the world (present in basically everything)
As his name implies, shouldn't Apocalypse be powerful enough to be a one-man apocalypse?
Is he this shit in the comics?
>>
>>83553625
The movie was .more than two and a half hours long and I was bored the entire time.
>>
He's a big guy
>>
File: only mentally big guy.jpg (195KB, 1920x790px) Image search: [Google]
only mentally big guy.jpg
195KB, 1920x790px
>>83553827
He was only big when he was in "MAH HOUSE" with Prof. X
for thre rest of the time, he was the same size, if not shorter than some of the Horsemen
>>
>>83553958
>Have we started the earthquake?
>Yesh. The metal rises.
>>
File: magneto's wife skull.jpg (449KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
magneto's wife skull.jpg
449KB, 1200x600px
OP here, forgot to mention that he hardly ever DOES anything, he mostly told other people to do things for him.
>Hey horsemen, can you guys make that the ceremonious tables so i can get this guys powers? kthx
>Magneto, can you destroy the world pls?
>Yeah guys! Go kill those x men while i literally lay down and take a nap
>Magneto, can you destroy the world pls?
He only actually killed those randy shitskins by punching them with sand, wowee
>>
>>83553625
You perhaps missed the part where his so called "dust manipulation" decaptated people? Or how it absorbed people into the ground or walls?

Or how about how it was actually matter manipulation as evidenced when he transformed Angel's wings into metal, disintegrated most of Cairo and turned it into a giant pyramid and incinerated all the metal that Magneto was throwing at him?

His mind was also strong enough to over-power the most powerful telepath on Earth and use him to take over the mind of everyone with their finger on a nuke launching button.

He was plenty powerful and destructive.
>>
>>83554321
That's Evil Overlord 101 stuff. You get your mooks to do the heavy lifting and when they get taken out by the heroes then you step in a body everyone.
>>
File: couldn't crush windpipe.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
couldn't crush windpipe.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>83554420
>"dust manipulation" decaptated people?
Anything can decapitate someone if it goes fast enough
>absorbed people into the ground or walls?
All of the x-men (excluding mystique and beast) could still attack while restrained
>transformed Angel's wings into metal
That was him modifying/amplifying his powers like he did with everyone else
>disintegrated most of Cairo and turned it into a giant pyramid
He just pulverized the material in Cairo's buildings and re-hardened it to make his pyramid fort
>incinerated all the metal that Magneto was throwing at him?
Just more pulverizing. Like he said himself, metal is all in the dirt, so why can't dirt be in all metal?
>over-power the most powerful telepath on Earth
"In real life, i'm a loser, but in my dreams, I'm the coolest guy around!"
>use him to take over the mind of everyone with their finger on a nuke launching button.
Not even his own power
>>
>>83554867
So he still killed people, destroyed a city, and laughed off everyone's attempts to fight him apart from Phoenix.
>>
>>83554867
I can't even read this comment. The format alone tells me you're trying too hard to bullshit. Any idiot could see he was powerful. Bait harder.
>>
>Actually got crazy sad during the Magneto scene

>Some girls start giggling in the top rows as Erik is losing his shit
>>
>he doesn't think Apocalypse was GOAT

Leave
>>
File: hardcore jobber.png (438KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
hardcore jobber.png
438KB, 670x377px
>>83555037
The only people of importance he even tried to kill were mystique and xavier.
He couldn't even kill quicksilver and instead asked psylocke to do it for him even though he was standing right next to him after already restraining and disabling him

The only one that actually fought Apocalypse was Quicksilver, and Apoc only could stop jobbing when time caught up to QS and he buried QS's foot in the sand
>>
>>83553625
He is only outclassed by Magneto in destructive power. After all Apocalypse leveled a city by just moving a hand.

But he is durable as fuck. And has mental defenses. He tanked both the world breaking Magneto attack and Charles mental rape AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME. No other Horsemen, not even Magneto could do that.

It took the fucking Phoenix to beat him. So I dont know what shit you are smoking.

>As his name implies, shouldn't Apocalypse be powerful enough to be a one-man apocalypse?
>Is he this shit in the comics?
His most powerful attack in the comic books is to transform his arm in a gun and shot bullets. He is as powerful as a human soldier with a bazooka.
>>
>>83554321
>OP here, forgot to mention that he hardly ever DOES anything, he mostly told other people to do things for him.

He's a charlatan, a false god. His only innate power is transferring himself to other bodies and stealing *their* power, a process that leaves him vulnerable while it happens and requires outside assistance. Naturally, he relies upon others to do things for him because, at heart, he's still very weak. So he has his Horsemen, who guard him and enforce his will.
>>
>>83555395
>He couldn't even kill quicksilver
More like he couldnt even bother to do it himself.
>>
Daily reminder that Mags and Xavier supercombo could have literally killed all the movie Avengers at the same time. All of them, as they are easily mind controlled.

If you dont think Apocalypse was powerful then you are retarded.
>>
For the most powerful mutant ever, his powers are perhaps the most boring display of strength Ive ever seen. Apocalypse has always been an OP jobber, but at least the 90s cartoon made him entertaining to watch fighting.
>>
>>83555395
>when time caught up to QS

This isn't JoJo. Quicksilver's speed doesn't have an arbitrary time limit.
>>
>>83556461
>Jean has a stand
>>
File: power mooching pro.jpg (120KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
power mooching pro.jpg
120KB, 1200x600px
>>83556046
>>83556059
>>83556386
So basically, Apocalypse's power is to just be a tank who looks strong enough to have more powerful followers do stuff for him?

Doesn't that make him just as "powerful" as any other big bad? What's so special about him that makes him deserve the name "Apocolypse"? Just that he wants to destroy the world instead of simply take it over? which doesn't make much sense anyway in his "grand plan". why make a barren planet the "center of the universe"?
>>
>>83556658
You just found one of the many fundamental flaws with the character. For all the hype regarding the character he just cares about this particular planet. He has celestial technology, information and knowledge about the most powerful and cryptic entities in the universe, yet he just plans to conquer planet Earth.

He really thinks small when you think about it for more than 2 seconds.

He is just a good schemer and his main abilities are tanking everything, teleporting the fuck out of danger. Both included in the movie version. At the end of the day, shooting a bazooka from his arm wont really get him closer to reign the world.

He just want to make a stronger breed of Earth people. And since he considering himself the strongest, he should rule over them. But even then, thats bullshit. There are literally dozens of people in Earth stronger than him.

There is one funny page when he tortures Namor by submerging him in salt water. It doesnt go according to the plan obviously.
>>
>>83553625
So /co/, I just read that op's Apocalypse post and I thought, why is op such a fagot ?
>Honestly, this guy is outclassed by at least half of his thread's responders
>>
>>83556658
To be fair, comic Apocalypse is even more broken. He's infused with Celestial technology, can change size, fire energy blasts, shapeshift, etc. This guy in theory could have torn the X Men apart on a cellular level, yet for some reason did not.
>>
>>83557038
>He's infused with Celestial technology
Tank armor

>can change size, fire energy blasts, shapeshift
Low level super powers. Frankly changing size makes him an even bigger target, he is not even Thing level strong and his energy blasts never killed anyone. I guess shapeshifting has many political uses like Mystique does, but I wouldnt call her broken or a powerful mutant.

The movie version is several tiers more powerful. Remember that AoA version was easily defeated by a bored Magneto. Magneto couldnt do shit in this one.

His powers in the movie only affected non organic matter.

He had to hold back Xavier's mental attack, thats why he was just tanking the others. This one is Headcanon of course.
>>
>>83557202
>Saying Celestial technology is only good for armor
Nigga what? You cant be serious
>>
File: apocalypsevo1.png (156KB, 636x466px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypsevo1.png
156KB, 636x466px
>>83556386
X-Men Evolution actually did a good job of making him legitimately intimidating by not only making him much more powerful, but making him talk a lot less (he was part of the show since midway through season 2 but didn't say a single word until the last two episodes of season 4).

When he first emerges from his tomb, he has the X-Men and Magnet's Acolytes waiting to stop him. He knocks them all aside with a single move and just keeps going. They're such insects to him that he doesn't feel the need to even speak to them.
>>
>>83556461
https://youtu.be/o49oS5grMlo?t=1m1s
>>
>>83553625
In the comics he's a super-strong shapeshifting cyborg full of Celestial technology. He has virtually every power that maters.
>>
>>83557371
Yeah, making him all ethereal and god-like was a nice change
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8MtDIpyI4
>>
File: the better apocalypse.jpg (389KB, 1200x1860px) Image search: [Google]
the better apocalypse.jpg
389KB, 1200x1860px
>>83557038
>>83557410
Would making Apoc this powerful just make him too strong against the current movie x-men team?
>>
File: 1430074366331.jpg (124KB, 473x555px) Image search: [Google]
1430074366331.jpg
124KB, 473x555px
I just watched it yesterday and I'm really bothered by the collapsing pyramid. Safe to assume Apocalypse built the fucking thing. What the fuck was he thinking? "I'll pay homage to Jenga and erect my temple on flimsy support beams with slides near by so I can knock it down if I get bored." Could they not come up with a better way to entomb him?

His also looked pretty lame. Not shit as Ultron but they dropped the ball nonetheless.
>>
>>83557782
It didn't help Darwin for shit, so no
>>
>>83557371
I think they got the "followers betray and entomb him" idea from Evolution, I don't remember that happening in 616
>>
>>83557800
Actually I think the revolt was a long time coming and they designed it. I guess at the time he never thought people would try to oppose him given his immense power. The better question is how come this was the first time EVER sunlight touched his collapsed tomb? You mean to tell me his worshipers never left the hole open?
>>
>>83558072
Maybe, but there's these slides going into the building. Surely he'd question what they're for.
>>
>>83557782
I don't know about powerful, but Fox doesn't own the rights to Celestials, it's impossible for them to portray Apocalypse correctly. They never should have tried.
>>
>>83557202
>he is not even Thing level strong
Stop talking things you know nothing about. He manhandled a Hulk at one point.
>>
>>83558256
They did it in Evolution without Celestials. They just said it was Kang's future technology.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.