[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated? They've hyped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 41

File: image.jpg (21KB, 594x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 594x247px
Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated? They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".

Will Marvel acquire the rights to Galactus?
>>
>>83503048
>Galactus
>A bigger threat than Thanos
I think they could go towards Secret Wars as the next BIG EVENT.
>>
>>83503177
It goes

>Galactus
>Apocalypse
>Thanos

In terms of power level
>>
>>83503230
Galactus was never really a universal threat though. Yeah, he'll eat planets, but he never is trying to get some galaxy busting weapon.
>>
>>83503048
>"the most powerful being in the universe".
I don't recall anyone saying this. Especially since the Celestials are shown to exist.
>>
"They printed out a new [map] recently that went to 2028," - Kevin Feige
>>
Yes, for Avengers that is and I think Spider-Man comes after that? >>83503328
>>
Why are there still people who think the MCU ends with Infinity War when Feige is already talking about phase 4 plans?
Shit, Sebastion Stan has a fucking nine movie contract.
>>
>>83503322
>I don't recall anyone saying this. Especially since the Celestials are shown to exist.
It's said verbatim in the same movie in which the concept of Celestials are introduced.
>>
>>83503401
>"(Ronan), you cannot! Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!"
>"Not anymore."
Huh, so it is. Unfortunately coming from WHOrath I'm not sure where his intel is.
>>
>>83503048
i hope they don't just make galactus a villain after thanos. Considering Galactus' whole theme is he is neither good nor evil, they should have him as a character who gets involved but not as the main villain, sort of like the collector in GotG
>>
>>83503328
the bubble will burst well before that
>>
>>83503048
why would it end

just because thanos is the most powerful supposedly doesn't mean there arnt more world ending events they can do

CW was great and didnt have the fate of the world on the line
>>
>>83503048
>Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated? They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".
Only if you think the story about power levels.

It never is. Power has nothing to do with it. If you think the plot is about heroes getting more powerful to defeat a supervillain, you missed the point of superheroes.
>>
>>83503048
After Thanos, I'd prefer to see them do Kang.
But he's still tied up at Fox, so I'd say... Celestials.
>>
>>83503450
Korath didn't even know Star Lord, man.
He's an unreliable source.
>>
>>83503048
>Will Marvel acquire the rights to Galactus?

If the news of FF sequel by Fox is true, thenn not soon enough
>>
>>83503487

>muh bubble

Topkek
>>
>>83503566
Oh, please. What are they supposed to say? "It was a piece of shit. We hope you'll forgive us while we try to bury this abomination."
They're a major movie studio. They can't admit to fucking up. They didn't say a word about both Hitman movies being fucking awful.
>>
>>83503487
Just like how the bubble burst with Guardians of the Galaxy. Or when the bubble burst with Ant Man.
Go home, /tv/. You're drunk.
>>
>>83503602

Except Hitman does not contain leverage to a property that another bigger company wants
FF is purely about keeping Galactus
>>
>>83503673
Just wait until the Square Enix Cinematic Universe happens. Then Fox will be glad they sat on the rights.
>>
>>83503673
I thought it was about keeping Doom?
>>
>>83503048
When they've concluded the Big Cosmic Thing - I think people will have had enough of superhero flicks. Some new genre can pop up.
Or perhaps Marvel will make smaller movies, stories where it's not about the end of the world or constant escallation, but the smaller stuff, personal stuff.
>>
>>83503621

Yeah, these movies will be as popular as they are now forever.
>>
Masters of Evil
>>
>>83503961

You need FF to setup Doom which Marvel doesnt want to do especially after Fox has raped the franchise so much

Galactus can easily be setup in GotG and has more value for cosmic storylines
>>
File: celestial.webm (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
celestial.webm
2MB, 1920x800px
>>83504102
They tried to get the rights only for Galactus and Silver Surfer for GOTG because they wanted to show clips of them, and they offered to extend the ownership over Daredevil for Fox because they were about to start producing a movie, but instead they showed a celestial.
>>
>>83504113

I know bruh

Talking about the situation in present. Should they want to use him in future MCU movies
>>
>>83503566
>Sequel
>Sue's actress don't want to return
>Michael B. Jordan will play in Black Panther
I don't see how would they make a sequel to Fantfourstic.
>>
>>83504102
>You need FF to setup Doom
>Implying that they can't make a movie out of Books of Doom, with making movie about Doom, instead of FF
>>
>>83504307

If Fox has them under contract, then it wouldnt be too hard
>>
File: and never get off.png (1MB, 976x462px) Image search: [Google]
and never get off.png
1MB, 976x462px
>>83503048
>They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".
So next you go Multiverse.
Beyonder bitch. Secret Wars for Phase 6.
>>
Power Level

1. Celestials (as a group)
2. Galactus
3. Thanos
4. Apocalypse
>>
>>83504352
>Secret Wars
Nah
>>
>>83504069
Maybe not.
By 2028, easily.
>>
>>83504069
Right because action movies about people with incredible abilities is something invented by Marvel. This new concept must be a fad.
>>
Only if you think in terms of soley power levels

Civil War was lower in scope than TWS and IM3, yet it still works as a continuation to those. There's plenty of stuff they can do like have the next Phases lead into an MCU version of Secret Invasion and yeah, the Celestials are out there
>>
What if Josh Bolin dies this summer?
>>
>>83504113
I remember when someone used this scene as evidence that Kang would be the villain of GotG2
>LOOK! a pyramid!
>And the Eiffel Tower!
>And that one guy has a blue face if you freeze it here in low quality and quint really hard!
>>
>>83504436

then he gets replaced duh

Marvel has had no problems replacing actors in prominent roles in mCU
>>
>>83504436
Didn't you see Jonah Hex, he can't die.
>>
>>83504428
Goddammit Secret Invasion a shit, anon.
At MOST it should be a Captain Marvel sequel.
>>
File: Excalibur_050_p35.jpg (379KB, 664x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur_050_p35.jpg
379KB, 664x1026px
>>83504408
Yee.
>>
I think they'll do Runaways as the main franchise after Infinity War, and the ultimate villain will be the Gibborim.
>>
>>83503048
>Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated?
No, same way the MU didn't end every time he got defeated.
Doesn't matter, they'll do the same thing with the next Big Bad.
>Will Marvel acquire the rights to Galactus?
Irrelevant, there's plenty of other cosmic baddies they could use.

It's not like you always have to raise stakes either.

More interesting question: why are moviefags so dumb?
It's not just that they don't read comics it's that it seems they don't even watch movies (which do that "oh my God, there's another, new, more badass big bad right around the corner!" all the time). The MCU movies following IW may (or may not) seem like an unnecessary sequel to a work that was self-contained, but that has never stopped Hollywood, let alone Marvel.
>>
>>83503487
Hello 2013, how are you?
>>
>>83503524
The way you put it makes me think: does this misunderstanding come from people who think superheroes function like shonen manga?
>>
>>83503723
>pic
Oh fuck. I am finally at peace with the idea of Buckycap.
>>
There's no way this is the end. With the potential of Osborn joining the MCU I think we might see Phase 4 be Dark Reign-esque.

>>83503374
Spider-Man is 2017. A year before Infinity War Part 1.
>>
I honestly mostly want Marvel to get back Fantastic Four because I just like Fantastic Four. Yeah Doom and others will be awesome to see too but I just want to see them done right. Fuck Fox for holding on to it when they are not ever really going to use it outside of just to keep the rights.
>>
>>83504319
They could introduce Doom in a Dr Strange sequel - do Triumph and Torment. Doom fits like Strange like a glove. They'd never fucking do Emperor Doom, but that's how I'd like to see him meet The Avengers.
>>
>>83503048
Kree-NotSkrull war
Masters of Evil
Kang
High Evolutionary
Surtur

The trick isn't just to make things bigger and flashier. You just need to sell the threat. If the heroes and Earth are in danger, it's a big deal.
>>
It won't end, but they probably should reinvent themselves a bit after that, since they can't just escalate threats forever.
>>
>>83504545
I have no doubts that we'll get Spiderman 2 in 2019 and again in 2021. Spidey is their biggest franchise now. There's a reason they cast everyone young. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Symbiote in IW2
>>
I don't have the sauce, but I remember reading some interview of Feige (or the Russos?) where he said that the MCU will be in a very different place after Infinity War and implied that Phase 4 will focus on more standalone/smaller stories instead of building up to a huge event like the Infinity saga.

They will probably still have smaller "event" movies like Civil War, but not an event on the level of Infinity War where they had like 15 movies of buildup.
>>
>>83504452
The comic being shit doesn't mean the movie would be. They only ever just take the major ideas and change everything else, and that can be a very good thing. See Civil War.
>>
Secret Invasion
>>
>>83504672
Let's not do another damn conspiracy movie. It's all Cap and Iron Man do.
>>
>>83504564
I'm the opposite. I really don't care about the F4, but I just want Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang, Annihilus, the Skrulls, etc.
>>
>>83504511
Exactly. It's like these kids want to look at illustrated math equations of contrived power-levels instead of exploring themes and moods through narrative.
>>
There are already 3 unannounced films after Infinity Wars.

I don't see where everyone thinks that once they beat Thanos, everything just stops. That's one of the great things about comics, things keep going. I'm more excited to see where things go once they let RDJ, Evens and Hemsworth retire.

Besides, they could always do another three phases to set up Secret Wars. And when that happens, they will be doing 3 movies a year, which means they'll get much more material out of the way.
>>
>>83504652
Small-time events like the Civil War movie make sense going forward instead of doing something like Infinity War again.

Movies instrumental to CW
>Cap: TWS
>Avengers: Age of Ultron

Movies instrumental to Infinity War
>Avengers
>Thor 2
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Age of Ultron
>Civil War
>Doctor Strange
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Black Panther

Feige confirmed the last 3 will be very important to IW, especially Ragnarok. Captain Marvel also comes between part 1 and part 2, so I wouldn't be surprised if it also deals with that storyline.
>>
>>83503048
I kinda hoping that they will use world war hulk to end things in the MCU. Get everyone together one last time and wrap it up in a big epic movie
>>
>>83503478
Galactus will not be that interesting of a villain, mainly because everyone trying to fight one giant guy never really is that interesting of a fight.
>>
more importantly, when does RDJ's contract end?
>>
>>83504686
I get that. I just really like F4. The idea that it hasn't been done right yet saddens me. But with Marvel canceling F4 comic I don't think even they care about the heroes.
>>
>>83504728
When he decides he doesn't want to be a billionaire.
>>
>>83503524
>It never is. Power has nothing to do with it. If you think the plot is about heroes getting more powerful to defeat a supervillain, you missed the point of superheroes.
Anime is a hell of a drug.
>>83503537
I think they should do something none cosmic post Thanos. Like, have Maestro be a villain for the fourth (fifth?) Avengers film.
>>
>>83504728
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-studios/37035/marvel-studios-how-long-is-left-on-everyone-s-contracts
>>
>>83504764
Fucking clickbait.
The only thing it says is what movies they are confirmed to appear in the future.
No one is going to be confirmed to appear in movies that are not yet announced.

But yeah, Evans and RDJ will probably leave after IW2.
>>
High Evolutionary
Builders
Annihilation Wave
Church of Universal Truth
Secret Invasion/Dark Reign
Fear Itself (hopefully not)

etc

there's a lot of things they can actually do, even if they have to get the rights for some of them

It doesn't even have to be an escalating threat, you don't need to go bigger than Thanos
>>
There are many ways to go with this thing that you can keep things going. Marvel is on a three movie a year plate, and they can still do plenty of stuff. First of all is sequels. They can do Dr. Strange 2, GOTG 3, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, and an assload of Spider-Man movies.
In fact, let's focus on Spider-Man. With his rights, they can do stuff like Dark Reign (tedious that they already used Iron Patriot), Venom and other symbiote stuff (wouldn't it be awesome if in Infinity Wars, Spidey gets the black suit?) Sinister Six (They could actually pull it off this time), hell, even Spider-Verse (Imagine getting Garfield and Tobey back for that one). So on that front, Marvel is fine.
And if they do Dark Reign, what's not to say they would combine elements of Siege in there? And as some people have mentioned, Secret Invasion could be another film. And of course, there is still Secret Wars, which could be as big as Infinity Wars.
In fact, Marvel is blowing through material at a rapid pace Civil War for example gave us a shit ton of moments we wanted to see like Ant-Arrow, Giant Man, and other stuff that fills in gaps in plot like Bucky killing Tony's parents. We even got Black Panther's origins within the film, which means they can do more stuff in BP's own film. Thor 3 is rumored to have Planet Hulk stuff in it, and imagine how much Infinity Wars will merge other plots.
And even then, Thunderbolts, Runaways, Young Avengers, Black Widow, Venom, Kamala Khan, and many other properties are ripe for the taking. I have no worries about the future of the MCU, and it's kind of exciting to see them go to a territory nobody knows where they are heading.
>>
>>83504874
>Fear Itself (hopefully not)
To be honest, Fear Itself's biggest problem was that it was way too long and kind of pretentious. But if you shorten it down to a 2 hour film, it could be rather awesome. The only problem is that you need the 7 hammer users be big guys (It was 7, right? 9?). So Hulk and Abomination could make two, but who would be the rest...
>>
>>83504913

Not really, Attuma or Grey Gargoyle weren't exactly big

You could go

>Hulk
>Abomination
>Giant Man
>War Machine
>Rhino (since they got spidey)

and introduce Titania and Absorbing Man in another movie and using them as the last 2
>>
>>83504874
>fear itself
wouldn't really work since no one wants to see Thor fight his uncle turned into a giant snake as the climax of the movie, since movie Thor is shit. Also there's not enough bad guys to give hammers to.

Secret invasion and dark reign are too long for a movie honestly.

Builders are lame and confusing as fuck.

I don't know much about high evolutionary or the church of universal truth
>>
>>83505020

Hopefully they would adapt the shittiest parts of those

Besides, Secret Invasion/Dark Reign would have to be a whole phase, not a single movie or 2
>>
>>83504665
I meant as a concept.
See >>83504677
>>
File: 1433408877848.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433408877848.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>83504762
Beyonder isn't cosmic.
>>
File: dTki2aL.jpg (39KB, 509x429px) Image search: [Google]
dTki2aL.jpg
39KB, 509x429px
>>83504477

>4477
>>
>>83504970
>>War Machine
Crippled.
>>
>>83505171
So? He was cyborged in the comics.
>>
>>83505181
Yeah, but would being a Worthy affect your cybornetics?
>>
>>83503282

Isn't that what his ship was basically?
>>
>>83505171
But that's perfect. Say the Iron Cast doesn't work out and he's still fucked. He wants to help out with crimefighting still, but can't do shit.
Then the hammer turns up and lends its power to him, giving him sick magitech armour and fixing his legs up. Everybody's happy, things seem normal at first, then he beats the shit out of some relatively unthreatening guy who needs to be captured as a sign that something's gone wrong.
>>
File: 1464947203768.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464947203768.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>83504891
You forgot Ant-Man 3.
Fuck's sake Phase 4 is going to be 7 movies long on sequels alone. And that's assuming no more Thor/Cap/IM.
Never mind new franchises. What if Feige wasn't lying when he said Inhumans is still happening? Or that fucking Black Widow's getting a movie? What if THEY both get trilogies? I don't want slots wasted on that shit. I'm even ambivalent towards Thunderbolts or Runaways or Fantastic Four; I just want a Captain Britain movie.
>>
>>83505171
>>83505181
>>83505252
>>83505280
Maybe the movies will follow the comics and we'll get a new hip, young, urban War Machine as a grrrrrrl in college what don't need no white man's science and builds her own power armor.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 666x1000px
>>83505280
>giving him sick magitech armour
I choose to read that as magitek armor.
>>
File: 1463971288933.gif (904KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1463971288933.gif
904KB, 240x240px
>>83505285
>Captain Britain
>tfw no Excalibur movie ever

>>83505315
girls in powered armour is my fetish anon, I wouldn't mind that at all
>>
Can't Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch just magically kill/imprison Thanos? Or does he have some sort of magic shield?
>>
>>83505352
I'd accept a Man-Thing movie as a substitute.
>>
>>83505285
>You forgot Ant-Man 3.
I ddin't care to list every sequel film.
>>
>>83505370
Infinity Stones are magic.
>>
>>83505280
That's not how the Worthy Hammers work at all. It's you pick them up, you become an evil Thor.
>>
>>83503450
>Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe
Might that just mean the forces at his command, though, not his actual personal power?
>>
>>83505370
All magic in MCU so far has been weird space shit, Thanos can handle it.
>>
I'd like to see Damage Control. Even if it's just a little internet short.
>>
Do we even know if Chris Evans is still being Cap following IWs or if either Seb Stan/Anthony Mackie are taking over?
>>
>>83503048
You don't need constant power escalation for good stories.
>>
>>83503048
MARVEL
CINEMATIC
MULTIVERSE
>>
>>83505430
Evans is quitting after the fourth Avengers film (Infinity Wars Part 2?)
>>83505462
I always find it funny how animes solely rely on this, and would have tedious training arcs.
>>
>>83505430
Evans recently said that he's willing to be Cap as long as Marvel wants him, but if the story demands that he dies then he's all for it.

Basically something like "whatever is best for Steve's storyline, but I'm willing to play him longer."
>>
>>83505485
Ultimate?
MC2?
2099?
Spider-Gwen's universe?
>>
>>83505499
Kek, I bet he is even willing to become old Man Steve for the sake of getting dat Marvel money
>>
>>83505485
You know what would be the biggest holy fuck moment if they do Secret Wars, 2015? Each territory is a different franchise, like Star Wars, etc
>>
>>83505521
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/chris-evans-will-be-captain-america-for-as-long-as-marvel-wants-him-and-more-movie-news/

Even when he said that he wants to focus on directing, he said something like "I want to focus on directing and if I'm acting, it will be under my Marvel contract."
>>
>>83503048

There's going to make like 10 Spider-man movies over the next twenty years.

Tom Holland probably has a twelve picture contract or something.
>>
>>83505659
We might literally see him become dad Pete with Mayday.
>>
>>83504728
Would he even care he seems to enjoy the role I would think he would be glad to continue it
>>
>>83504802
To be fair they say in the opening paragraph it's mostly guesswork and it is phrased as a question in the title.
>>
>>83503282
bruh, do you not know about the ultimate nullifier
>>
>>83505370
It's a bit odd that they claimed the asgardians weren't magic and then went and started production on a doctor strange film
>>
>>83505521
Are you implying caring about the characters you play is a bad thing
>>
>>83505755
Did the Asgardian themselves say it was not magic? I thought it was just Jane being a scientist trying to explain everything she doesn't really understand.

Loki's powers are clearly magical.
>>
File: 1.jpg (246KB, 1022x583px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
246KB, 1022x583px
>>83505504
>>83505537
I was thinking more:
>Phase 4 Fantastic Four movie, where the Fantastic Four are dimension-hopping adventurers from a parallel Earth
>their jump to the MCU also brings the likes of Doom, Galactus, Annihilus (villain for GotG3)
>Keep expanding on the idea of separate realities in Dr Strange sequels
>Maybe do an Avengers vs Squadron Supreme movie for a laugh
>incorporate concepts like the Captain Britain Corps or Nexus of All Realities somewhere somehow
>send Fox a gift basket, especially if their mutant films are seeing dwindling returns and they become susceptible to crossover negotiation
>have all this multiversal tampering weaken the barriers between worlds and lead to Secret Wars
>Make it into a multi-film arc where all Marvel movies are canon; Avengers vs X-Men movie, Spider-verse movie by Raimi featuring Holland/Maguire/Garfield teaming up, Torch Chris Evans meeting Cap Chris Evans, Wesley Snipes and Ben Affleck and Nicolas Cage cameos, burst that bubble with a big bad BANG
>>
>>83505797
>doom warps the entirety of Latveria into the mcu to where sokovia is
>>
>>83505795
I can't auctualy remember I will have to check
>>
>>83503230
Galactus isn't that powerful.
Thanos with the gauntlet controls all of reality, and he know how to use every stone.

Galactus was single handedly beaten by Thor once
>>
>>83505795
Pretty sure they're going for sufficiently advanced technology.
>>
>>83505795
Are Celestials magic?
Because I'm sticking with the headcanon that Asgardians are a race of Eternals.
>>
>>83505835
But there's nowhere in the movies where the actual Asgardians say that.

It was just Jane geeking out and trying to understand what was going on by applying human science (what she understands). You can't take Jane's assumptions as truth.
>>
>>83505659
>>83505671
And even if he does leave, they can just restart with Miles. Man, it's so weird how we could probably see every major comic thing translated to film.
>>
>>83505797
You know actors don't live forever, right?
>>
File: TOTALLY NO SCIENCE HERE FAM.jpg (231KB, 842x415px) Image search: [Google]
TOTALLY NO SCIENCE HERE FAM.jpg
231KB, 842x415px
>>83505888
it don't mattah
none a dis mattahs
>>
>>83505932
I also know none of them are on death's door.
In my mind this is within the 2028 plan, not 50 years off.
>>
>>83505888
Thor says "Your ancestors called it magic but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same."
>>
>>83505979
So what does that mean? Is Doctor Strange secretly a scientist?
>>
>>83505979
Why couldn't they just call it fucking magic. I wonder if they are actually going to call it magic in Doctor Strange or try to handwave it as something else.
>>
>>83506001
He's both. A doctor and a magician.
>>
>>83505795
Thor
>Your ancestors called it magic, you call it science. I come from a place where they're one and the same.
>>
>>83506005
Because magic is as form of science.
Or vice versa, outlook depending.
Science isn't just blinky lights.
>>
>>83506017
Surgeons are not scientists.
>>
>>83506005
Doesn't he say in the trailer something like "I don't believe in magic and chakras and all that jazz" only to be enlightened by The Ancient One?
>>
>>83506005
>Sorcerer Supreme
>not doing magic
Yeah, I don't think they'll change that.
>>
>>83506026
Marvel universe doesn't work that way. Even Reed Richard talks about how Dr. Doom has a one up on him when it comes to magic because he can't understand it.
>>83506045
Doesn't mean they can't try to call it something else. "We just have a different understanding of the universe" or something else.
>>
>>83505979
I really hate this "They aren't gods, just aliens" debate. I mean, if it's all science, is there just a setting to make Thor's hammer judge worthiness? Or Loki creating illusions with his fingers?

God, just fucking call it magic!
>>
>>83505979
So they were leaving it open they dident know if they wanted to allow magic to be a thing in there franchise so they gave a copout answer
Or maybe just dident want definite magic until they were better established

We do know they planed ahead really well on these movies
>>
>The Enemy Without
Thanos

>The Enemy Among Us
Secret Invasion

>The Enemy Within
should have been Civil War, now probably Dark Reign
>>
>>83506100
Wasn't the enemy within TWS?
>>
>>83503391
1>Cap 1
2>Cap 2
3>Cap 3
4>Infinity War 1
5>Infinity War 2

6> New Avengers? as BuckyCap?
7> as BuckyCap?
8> as BuckyCap?
9> as BuckyCap?
>>
>>83506092
It can still be magic, just magic that has been studied well enough to be considered science of its own.
>>
File: 1459109011900.png (3MB, 998x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1459109011900.png
3MB, 998x1397px
>>83506076
Marvel Universe most definitely DOES work that way.
Reed's just too close-minded. Which he admits.
>>
>>83506112
Maybe Black Panther, he is in Wakanda after all.
>>
>>83506112
Given recent creative decisions I wouldn't be surprised if they go the CapFalcon route after all and Bucky is leader of the Thunderbolts.
>>
>>83504102
Can they use Latveria as long as they don't mention Doom?

Maybe Kristof?
>>
>>83506119
If it's anything like dc magic its probably all over the fucking place
Not to say there's anything wrong with that
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 216x180px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 216x180px
>>83503048
You now realise that there is a very real chance Thanos will be defeated by being challenged to a dance off
>>
>>83503391
>>83506112
A 9 movie contract is binding to the actor, not the studio. They could easily sign him up for however many they want and then only use him for 3.
>>
>>83506145
Why does everything have to tie back to Cap, Thor and Iron Man? Why can't new franchises just be new franchises? Like GOTG?
>>
>>83506119
I always try to forget Totem is even a thing since adding mystical shit to Spidey never really works.

As for the others there are reality warpers like Franklin but Marvel always tries to make reality warping and magic as different things.
>>
>>83506145
They gotta give that to Clint first. Maybe Bucky as a member. Renner needs his leading man film.
>>
>>83506176
In a Russo movie? Highly doubt it.
>>
>>83506176
I would laugh to no end if Starlord does the dance off, and then Thanos raises the gauntlet and zaps Quill.
>>
I just want the heroes to get along. With Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ulron, and Civil War they're at each other's throats more often than not. For a variety of reasons: tension between disparate personalities, trust issues, enemies manipulating them against each other, etc. And it's worked on a few levels. But I'm ready for them to get over it, realize that they are friends, like each other, get along, and be a team.
>>
>>83506183
Ant-Man was kind of in it's own little world. Maybe that's one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Honestly I'm worried once Stark is gone they are slowly going to try to replace him with Oscorp as what's fucking things over.
>>
>>83506232
Yeah, but Falcon and Hydra plot just tie it to Cap
>>
>>83506224
Pretty sure Thanos will be the one that makes them become a strong team for the first time.

It's when we'll get our "Avengers Assemble!" scene roo.
>>
>>83506224
Marvel has always done "they don't get along all that well" starting with F4.

DC tends to be more about them working more together happily. Even Batman works great with the others.
>>
>>83506119
I liked how on some level beliefwas the basis for all superpowers in Earth X.
>>
>>83506248
Think that was more about them showing it's around the same universe than it's trying to link to Cap. 99% of Ant-Man was all about him and what's his role in his own movie.

GotG could be it's own thing because it took place so far away from Earth that they could easily not talk about anything. But once you are set on Earth Marvel feels they need to link it to something else.

Once Captain Marvel is made they are most likely going to link her with GotG and other Cosmic shit.
>>
>>83506254
>It's when we'll get our "Avengers Assemble!" scene roo.
Fuck Whedon being such a cheeky cunt.
>>
File: 11231.png (194KB, 287x361px) Image search: [Google]
11231.png
194KB, 287x361px
>>83504444
>quint really hard
>quint
>4444
>>
File: Doctor Strange threads.png (81KB, 1366x823px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Strange threads.png
81KB, 1366x823px
>>83506033
Are you by any chance this anon?
>>
I really don't fucking want Dark Reign.
Or anything from around that era. frankly.
I guess >>83506224 sums it up. We've already had Civil War, we're probably going to get Thunderbolts straight after Infinity War, why retread that ground? It wasn't even particularly good.
Norman can storman right out the door.
>>
>>83503048
Have they?
>>
>>83506305
Unless they do Binary Carol is more of an earth hero really
>>
>>83506305
I think having everything so connected kind of makes the MCU feel smaller.
>>
>>83506342
It is becoming increasingly more difficult to find famous stories to turn into films.
>>
>>83506301
Meanwhile, I loathed how that series gutted the multiversal element of magic by making it all fucking come back to Earth & the celestials.
Dormmammu wasn't even fucking Dormammu, just a parallel deviant Mephisto having fucked up a parallel Earth.
>>
>>83506323
It was probably mandated that he didn't say it in AoU. They're saving that moment for IW.

Honestly I'm okay with it, it will have more impact when he says it against Thanos. It will also be the point when the team gets back together after Civil War events, so it makes it even more impactful.
>>
>>83506328
Golly gee anon you're making me feel guilty for wasting it on such a nothing-post.
>>
>>83506330
No.
>>
File: 1360314936057s.jpg (9KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1360314936057s.jpg
9KB, 200x194px
>>83506371
Not if you look back further than 10 fucking years.
Or at least diversify your reading.
As far as I'm concerned Panther's rage is a "famous" story. And more deserving of a movie than Dark fucking Reign by a country mile.
>>
Stakesfags are the worst. You've already insured that the DC and X-men universes are going to suck with your power level bullshit.

You guys need to stop judging the worth of antagonists by how many extras get blown up.
>>
>>83506351
Feige said that Carol will be their Superman power level wise and that she's going to be the most powerful hero in the MCU.

She'a probably going to be in Binary mode all the time.
>>
>>83503230
>apocalypse
>not onslaught
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
More importantly will normalfags care anymore about the MCU after Thanos is over and done with? The current Avengers are household names who everyone recognizes very well even if they haven't seen the film, I just don't expect a post-Infinity War Avengers to do so well. They have Cucumberbatch I guess to be the next RDJ but I'm still not so sure he's a big name to draw for the mainstream crowd.

Not to mention Hollywood are already circuling Gamershit and Animeshit to be the next Capeshit.
>>
>>83506372
Eh it doesn't work that way in the main universe so I think it's fine to wind things a little tighter for a setting that actually has a clearly defined point
>>
>>83506232
What other mega-corps can they use?

Stark
Oscorp
Roxxon (this has shown up in Netflix, right?)
Rand?

...............Baxter Building
>>
>>83506351
Wonder what they are going to really do. Binary was during her X-Men days which they can't really do.
>>83506352
I get you. I honestly would like it more if they all have their own thing and only really link during team ups. I get why they keep linking together to make all the movies feel more like a greater whole.
>>
>>83504500
To be fair, I actually pegged this year to be the one where comic book movie fatigue was going to start hitting, with Deadpool and X-Men flopping, BvS just sucking the life out of everything, CW underperforming and not one giving a fuck about Strange. Shows how wrong I was.
>>
>>83506189
He'll share it with Black Widow.
No joke, I'd actually want this.
>>
>>83506439
Can't use Baxter until they get F4 back. And there's JJJ going crazy and funding crazy maniacs like Scorpion and Spider-Slayer
>>
>>83506440
>I get you. I honestly would like it more if they all have their own thing and only really link during team ups. I get why they keep linking together to make all the movies feel more like a greater whole.
And I get why they do that, but it makes everything feel so damn small. Let's say that in the new Star Wars films, Finn turns out to be Lando's son and Rei is Luke's daughter. Sure, you tied it back in to the previous stuff, but you didn't really expand the universe. The same characters who are the focus are still the focus.

I mean, look at how annoying Hydra is in the MCU. They keep popping back up even though they really don't feel like a threat anymore.
>>
>>83506439
Roxxon was also mentioned in Iron Man 3
>>
>>83506409
Spider-Man.
>>83506439
AIM?
>>
Bigger or more serious thread than Thanos?
>Dr, Strange
>SHUMA-FUCKING-GORATH
Are there any good story arcs that use this guy?
>>
>>83506497
Yeah they really should have been gone after Cap 3. Maybe a new evil group unnamed in Ant-Man and will play a bigger role in Ant-Man and the Wasp. I'm honestly worried that when Cosmic like GotG and Earth do meet they are going to feel the need to keep it even more connected.
>>
>>83506402
This. I don't need things to get bigger and more serious with every sequel.
>>
>>83506409
Dude, they've got fucking Spider-Man, who's bigger than everyone else put together.
>>
>>83504452
>Goddammit Secret Invasion a shit, anon.
EMH did a better Secret Invasion than the comics so it can be done
>>
>>83506497
I mean for something like Star Wars I expect more narrative weight. I don't really care about expanding the universe or whatever; that's what all the tie-in shit is for. The movies are supposed to be the story of a family over several generations. I'd be much more disappointed if Rey just turned out to be some girl from planet Whu-Kares.
>>
>>83506409
>Not to mention Hollywood are already circuling Gamershit and Animeshit to be the next Capeshit.
I dont see anything from games that could turn into the next Iron Man size hit, but Naruto could definitely make weebshit movies big.
>>
>>83504492
>Irrelevant, there's plenty of other cosmic baddies they could use.
Most of which are tied to what they can't use.
>>
>>83504436
>Implying
>>
>>83506758
The MCU has done exceedingly well at making gold from fairly so-so-ish properties so I'm not worried.
>>
>>83506758
I'll be really surprised if by 2020 Fox won't make a similar deal to Sony/Marvel for the F4.

Seems like the smartest thing they could do, they basically ran the F4 into the ground. Nobody will go and see a sequel.
>>
File: 1450714722940.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450714722940.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>83506749
>Naruto
The games are actually pretty fun and story mode is honestly better than both the anime and manga.
>>
>>83506749

>American Nardo movie
I don't see it taking off, something newer like One Punch Man or My Hero Academia could potentially do it, last I heard Adam Sandler had the rights to OPM.
>>
>>83506749
Try Ghost in the Shell by Disney.
>>
>>83504436
Lee lives a bit longer for more cameos
>>
>>83505965
>RDJ slips back into drug addiction and ODs
>>
File: uWIY9Zi.png (13KB, 83x75px) Image search: [Google]
uWIY9Zi.png
13KB, 83x75px
>>83506856
>last I heard Adam Sandler had the rights to OPM.
you better be fucking lying
>>
>>83506883

Supposedly David Spade was reading it and claimed to be a big anime and manga fan but he was more than likely lying since it was flavour of the month shit when the manga was just coming out.
>>
>>83506409
>Not to mention Hollywood are already circuling Gamershit and Animeshit to be the next Capeshit.
They would need for those to have an actual hit first before it becomes a thing. This isn't the first time Hollywood has tried to make gamershit a thing especially
>>
>>83506883
Who cares, both are equally shitty.
>>
>>83506833
How would MCU handle the FF?
>>
File: rosslaugh.gif (2MB, 283x213px) Image search: [Google]
rosslaugh.gif
2MB, 283x213px
>>83506749
>Naruto
>Lionsgate
>Producer: Avi Arad
>>
>>83506923
That hasn't stopped them from banking on it, just look at all the Video Game adaptations slated for the next five years.
>>
>>83506782
https://youtu.be/F7Y5itad2iE

I love how enthusiastic he seems about playing Thanos.
>>
>>83506956
That'll never come out. There's shitload of vidya movies announced, but only a handful ever actually materialize.
>>
File: Smug Thanos.png (199KB, 682x809px)
Smug Thanos.png
199KB, 682x809px
>>83506973
Wouldn't you be happy to get tons of money for hamming it up?
>>
>>83506983
I just want a well-made Bioshock vidya movie.
>>
>>83507016
Jade Empire?
>>
>>83506941
Most likely make it more like the comic with them getting their powers because of cosmic rays and have Doom as a tech wizard like normal.

It's weird how much Fox so much doesn't want F4 to be like F4.

I'm more interested in how the are going to show off Galactus.
>>
>>83507016
It was in development but, like always, got cancelled.
>>
>>83506956
There are always talks about video game movies. But they hardly ever do more than get off the ground and stay there forever in a sort of limbo. And sometimes years later go "yeah not going to work out"
>>
>>83506082

I think the main reasons they didn't make the Asgardians gods are 1. Potential audience outrage. 2. It would give the Asgardians the permanent high ground. The leadership in every Avengers conflict would fall on Thor's shoulders because a god's perspective on matters would be far more valuable than anyone else's.
>>
>>83506612
Bigger doesn't even equal more serious. Just the opposite. That's the thing stakes and scalefags don't grasp.

It's the kind of mentality that goes "Well the last guy threatened the entire planet so the NEXT guy needs to threaten the galaxy! And after that, all of reality! And then the multiverse!"

It's like having an inflation fetish for death tolls.
>>
My understanding is that it will be cataclysmic

A post Thanos world really where everything's changed. So crazy that this where you'd reboot X-Men and mutants (but with the reveal later that mutants always existed and Xavier wiped everyones brains constantly cuz hes an asshole)
>>
>>83507112
Well I don't want that.
>>83507136
Nothing will change. Everything Thanos does will be undone with the gauntlet's power, just like in the comics.
>>
>>83504564
Same here I love FF they're my favourite superhero team and I really want to see them star at least in one good movie
>>
>Nobody mentioning the Ayy lmaos

Or just The Beyonder. A Secret Wars movie could work i guess.
>>
>>83507136
post yfw Mutants actually exist in MCU but Xavier with the help of Emma mindwipe every single organism in earth of Mutant related stuffs
>>
>>83507304
The Beyonder is no more. Now there is only DOOM.
>>
>>83507305
>implying Scarletfu didn't wipe them all out
No more mutants.
>>
>>83507334
If she could do that, why didn't she do that when she still hated Stark?
"No more Starks!"
>>
>>83507376
Because she was so traumatized she forgot she could do that.
>>
>>83507334
>>83507376
She'll only realize she has this power in Infinity War when she'll say "No, more mutants!". Then, mutants start appearing in the MCU.

Meanwhile, Bendis has a stroke.
>>
>>83507136
Since we're dealing with the Gauntlet, Infinity War can feature the universe more or less being destroyed, and Part 2 ending with someone rebuilding it.

With that there will be no need of "They were always there, just hidden by some plot device" or shit like that. A simple "They were always there" would work and be essentially true because the new universe could not be the same as the old.
It would also be the perfect chance to recast characters that are getting old and tired.

In short, the first cinematic "crisis".
>>
>>83507458
>Meanwhile, Bendis has a stroke.
Too much of a good thing, anon.
>>
>>83503048
Maybe next time they could tone things down and have a 'breather arc' of sorts before they go for another galactic level threat, like a Dark Reign adaptation
>>
Infinity War will end with Thanos being head shot by Osborn like the Skrull queen was in secret Invasion.
>>
>>83503048
>Masters of Evil
>Osborn with H.A.M.M.E.R./Dark Avengers
>Beyonder
>Korvac
>Magus
>Chthon
>Shuma-Gorath/Many-Angled Ones/Cancerverse
>Namor/Attuma
>(World War) Hulk
>return of Ultron
>return of Red Skull

When FF gets back:
>Galactus
>Doom
>Kang/Immortus
>Maker
>Skrulls
>>
>>83506449
>Deadpool
>Flopping
Nigga what? It's the second highest grossing R rated movie of all time behind Jesus Christ.
>>
>>83505401
probably no one else has even been known to use an infinity stone
>>
>>83508088
WWH will not happen, and people would probably get tired of another "Heroes fight against each other" movie.

And after Thanos and the Gauntlet you can't really go below Beyonder, Shum-Gorath or similar entities, unless Infinity War is meant to soft reboot the MCU so they can again write small scale stories again and easily introduce potentially recovered IPs like FF.
>>
>>83504635
Agreed on the Symbiote.

I think it'll go: Spider-Man 2 in 2020, Spider-Man 3 in 2023 and Avengers in 2024 to finish Phase 4. Having no Avengers movie in five years pushes my guess a bit since it's usually three years though.
>>
>>83508280
>And after Thanos and the Gauntlet you can't really go below Beyonder, Shum-Gorath or similar entities
Why?
>>
>>83506328
>>Quint
>>Actually got quads
>>Wut
>>
>>83508280
>you can't really go below
Why not? I don't want powercreep and dumb escalation. Do most people?
>>
>>83508311
Avengers 3
>"We just defeated a Titan who was also wielding an artifact that gave him omnipotence and almost destroyed the universe"

Avengers 4
>"Oh no, some businessman hired a bunch of C-list villains and is now appointed in a government position. The stakes have never been this high!"
>>
>>83508437
Why does a good story need to be about high stakes? Also, I think you mean Avengers 4 and 5
>>
>>83503230
>Apocalypse
>in any power level tier list
No.
>>
>>83505755
No, Asgardians ARE magic. You can see Odin putting the charm on Thor's hammer in the first movie. They are so advanced they can study magic as a science, not that their science is magic.
>>
>>83508456
Nah man, Frieza had a power level of over a million so now we need an enemy to be way stronger than that! It has to be a power level of a billion!
>>
>>83508437
Are you saying nobody who read Infinity Gauntlet was able to enjoy the Avengers stories that came after?
>>
>>83508456
Avengers 1 deals with potential world domination or destruction by an invading force. Avengers 2 deals with potential mass extinction. Avengers 3 will deal with a universe-wide menace.

Avengers 4 can't simply feature something like a power hunger businessman. Unless you also add the whole Sentry/Void deal and reveal that his intention all along was keeping him in check, or risk destroying the world.
>>
>>83507136
frankly, the only way MCU X-Men would work is if it's own alternate universe, and the only way that there'd be a crossover is with strange fuckery.
>>
>>83508528
You're just making a bunch of assertions there. WHY can't it be on a smaller scale?
>>
>>83508131
Read the whole post. I was talking about me thinking that this year was going to be tough for comic movies.
>>
>>83508528
Or they can simply make a movie about something else.

That there's a pattern doesn't mean people are strictly bound to it
>>
>>83506176
>doubting BASED RUSSOS
fuck off falseflagger, literally every movie they've made is pure, 100% certified kino
>>
>>83504113
In all honesty, I thought it was so much cooler to see a Celestial than Galactus in that scene. Celestials are so rarely seen in the comics already and have still maintained A LOT of mystery about them. I did not think we'd ever see a Celestial in the MCU.
>>
>>83508634
People who use the kino meme should be dragged in the street and shot to be quite honest.
>>
This is how the movie will end, Thanos has kill all the Avengers but Cap is about to place all the gems in then Adam Warlock will do the same plan from Infinity but it will work, he'll knock the gauntlet away and the gems will scatter. The Time gem will land next to Cap who will pick up Mjolnir and smash it causing a reboot
>>
>>83508713
>reboot
nope.jpg

They won't reboot the MCU, it would literally be the dumbest thing they could do. Just go forward using other characters even if Iron Man, Cap etc retire. They can do legacies and they have plenty of other heroes they can use.
>>
>>83508713
The MCU is massively stable compared to the comics counterpart and every other comics movie franchise. There's no reason for a reboot.
>>
>>83508528
Dude.

>A New Hope
>giant death satellite the size of a moon with a massive death ray to wipe out planets
>an amazing classic
>Empire Strikes Back
>muh daddy
>one of the best movies of all time
>>
>>83508713
>>83508777
And we know that they're willing to let go of a character (although maybe just temporarily). Iron Man 3 was written in a way that could bring a certain closure to Tony's character in case RDJ didn't accept to sign a new contract
>>
>>83503048
Accurate.

But not every threat is from the universe. Some threats are from outside the universe. From... beyond.
>>
>>83508528
Shit opinions like this is why we have casuals clamoring for a Secret Wars 2015 adaptation.
>>
>>83506440
No.
Shut up.
Binary is still Carol and linked to Carol as a character.
DON'T YOU DARE MEME MAGIC THIS AWAY FROM ME
>>
>>83506402
Hey now.
After I get Beyonder, Captain Britain and The Eternals on my screen the MCU can scale back to Kamala/Miles/Sam indefinitely for all I care.
But that hasn't happened yet. So gimme muh goddamned scales.
>>
>>83506941
Like the current Ultimates comic.
>>
>>83507311
>hey guys, I killed The Beyonder and stole his powers!
>loses powers and Beyonder is still alive
>hey guys, I killed the Beyonders and stole their powers!
>loses powers and...?
Doom's track record of confirmed kills when it comes to Beyonders is pretty poor.
>>
>>83509288
I haven't read any of that though.
>>
>>83509312
Don't bully Doom, his mom died.
>>
>>83509312
The Beyonders are dead, Molecule Man took all their power and now he's just below The One Above All
>>
>>83509162
Eh? Most people want an adaptation of Marvel Superheroes: Secret Wars. It's the perfect set-up for a big action blockbuster.
>>
>>83509317
Then read it. It's pretty good and only 7 issues in so there's not much to catch up on.
>>
>>83509419
No, Hickman's Secret Wars. There are people seriously gunning for that and saying shit like Dr. Strange's trailer hinting at incursions and other nonsense.
>>
>>83509443
Well I guess I can do that.
>>
Fuck rights, i want my damn skrulls.
>>
>>83509545
Kill every skrull. Race war now!
>>
>>83509479
Well those people are idiots. I liked Hickman's Secret Wars but it wouldn't work for a movie. Shooter's Secret Wars has a very simple premise (all powerful being kidnaps heroes and villains from Earth and forces them to fight) that can easily be adapted to film.

Also Hickman's Secret Wars NEEDS Doom whereas Shooter's, while it would certainly benefit from having Doom be there isn't a total requirement. Honestly, you could even just have Loki take that spot.

>We always called ourselves Gods brother, but how wrong we were. This is the power of a true God!
>>
>>83508713
THIS is how the movie will end
>heroes beat Thanos, all fly back rto Earth for falafel
>camera stays static on the cosmic battlefield
>one of the stars starts moving
>it's not a star at all, it's a small rip in space-time
>and something is looking in from beyond
>>
>>83509162
I'm clamouring for it because I read all the Secret Wars' and understand their significance to Marvel history.
That and I really liked II.
>>
>>83503048
There's only so many times you can raise the stakes before you get audience fatigue. I imagine after Infinity War they'll just focus on individual stories that are more self-contained.
>>
>>83509415
Were those actually the real Beyonders? They seemed rather... artificial.
>>
>>83507093
I think it's because it simply raises far too many questions than wouldn't be considered worth spending the exposition answering.
Ancient aliens. Bam. Done. Easy, simple understandable. And pretty in-line with Kirby's original concept.
>>
>>83509624
Beyonder's don't look like anything.
Thus they look like everything.
>>
>>83505020
Dark Reign isn't something you do in one movie, it's a part of one of the phases. Start it off after the Skrull-less Secret Invasion (Space Phantoms maybe?), have Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts movie, Spider-Man: American Son (assuming the Osborns get introduced in HC), a BuckyCap movie, New Avengers movie, and Either Thor or Avengers: Siege. Throw some other shit in and you have a whole phase.
>>
>>83509574
Stop pretending that you don't love skrulls, skrull.
>>
>>83509687
I know not what you speak of, fellow Earth Human. Let us engage in wholesome Earth Human activities, such as the discussion of military secrets, as is custom among Earth Humans.
>>
>>83509479
>>83509577
Whenever I say MCU Secret Wars I'm specifically talking about a combination of the two.
Beyonder making a Battleworld, except using different realities instead of different planets.
No Incursions bullshit or other Hickman chicanery required.
Also you wait for Doom to become available regardless.
Shit'd be tight yo.
>>
File: shumagorath.png (155KB, 291x362px) Image search: [Google]
shumagorath.png
155KB, 291x362px
>>83509580

Setting up Shuma-Gorath?
>>
>>83503048
i was just wondering this
and the funny thing is, they aren't really building things up to a state where they can handle him. at all.
>>
>>83509729
Yeah, it'd actually be the perfect opportunity for an AvX movie. In the original Secret Wars, it was supposed to be Good vs. Evil, but then Magneto and the X-men split off to form their own third faction. If they go multiversal with it then they could do something similar.

Still seems a bit unlikely though considering lolfox.
>>
>>83505504
They're gonna go with Ultimates as their reboot when the time comes. They'll wrap everything up with some Secret Wars or time travel shit, and everything gets reset and recast for the Ultimate Universe. Screencap this.
>>
>>83509685
Making all the movies so dependent on each other seems like a recipe for failure, one of the main complaints I hear from casual friends is confusion about what movies they need to see prior to a new movie or question like "who's the red guy (referring to vision)."
>>
>>83509772
No.
>>
>>83509838
Would it be the Revengers looking through the fault?
>>
>>83509729
I like this but one of the great parts about Hickman's Battleworld is having all the books for different territories, it doesn't seem like a movie/2-parter movie would be able to give these glimpses into alternate realities the attention they deserve.
>>
>>83509715
Y'know, maybe i was wrong.
You're alright, oddly-pointy-eared anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 513x440px)
image.jpg
99KB, 513x440px
>>83506189
>Avengers movie where they recreate the Thunderbolts/Avengers fight from Busiek's run
>>
>>83509999
>>
>>83509898
See, now you're just being needlessly obtuse. If they were to do a Shuma-Gorath movie, it'd probably be Dr. Strange 3. If they were to do a Thanos Imperative movie, it'd likely be Guardians vol. 3.

If they were to hype up a big overarching villain for an Avengers 6 a la Thanos for Avengers 3, then it would likely be >>83509144
>>
File: Iron_Avengers_(Earth-9997).jpg (224KB, 1968x978px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Avengers_(Earth-9997).jpg
224KB, 1968x978px
I want to see Tony go way off the deep end and make the Earth X Iron Avengers, tbqh family.
>>
>>83509962
One can but dream.
>>
Why are cape shits either G-rated autists or 'gritty' 'realistic' sadistic psychopaths?
>>
>>83506163

Depends on the contracts between Fox and Marvel

Maybe Marvel can use Latveria as a reference but whats the use?

Besides Fox could still try to file a lawsuit and both parties could end up wasting resources on it
>>
>>83509772
Shumy you can blast through in a Strange sequel desu.
>>
>>83508528
Unless you kill off most of the strong Avengers after 3, leaving you with Dr. Strange, Spidey, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and maybe some of the netflix heroes so we get the New Avengers. That'd be the time to introduce weaker villains, with a weaker, less experienced team.
>>
>>83509793
2028's a long time away.
And as that one anon is oh so happy to remind us APOCALYPSE BOMBED GUYS IT'S WORSE THAN [INSERT LIST HERE]
>>
>>83510015
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>83509545
We can't have the skrulls, but we do have the Space Phantoms. Come up with some name for a shapeshifting alien race, change their looks, and have some news reporter call them "some sort of space phantoms". Boom, Skrulls-substitue in MCU.
>>
File: 1.jpg (151KB, 1260x936px)
1.jpg
151KB, 1260x936px
>>83509927
Which is why you make it an entire sub-phase of movies
>Secret Wars part 1
>Squadron Supreme
>Spider-Verse
>Secret Wars part 2
>Hearts of Darkness
>AvX
>Secret Wars part 3
>>
>>83510227
But Marvel does have the Skrulls. They're a SW/QS situation where they're shared by both.

The issue is that Marvel doesn't haven't the super-skrulls, and almost every named Skrull character is a super-skrull. So they have the race but lack most of the actual skrull characters.
>>
>>83510138
>Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel
>weaker team
Nigga that's the fuckin' Ultimates right there.
>>
>>83506449
>Deadpool Flopping
> Civil War Under performing
> Not giving a fuck about strange
Nigga, you're either baiting or retarded.
>>
>>83510340
Re-read his post anon. He's saying that's what he EXPECTED to happen before they proved him wrong.
>>
>>83510340
Anon, he was talking hypothetical.
>>
Disney is going to buy fox. Destroy the Republican Party and get all the rights back to marvel entities at the same time. Thus ushering us into a new golden era of civilization.
>>
>>83510282
Someone should make an image like this for the entire MCU.
>>
>>83510452
They should buy Hasbro, Godzilla, Conan and all Universal Monster movie rights as well, so they can do absolutely anything.
>>
File: 1463085088355.jpg (140KB, 1024x581px)
1463085088355.jpg
140KB, 1024x581px
>>83510637
The IW version of this is gonna need a bigger train
>>
>>83510721
Feige's face gets me every time.
>>
>>83510721
>Daredevil coming out of the chimney
S-Santa?
>>
>>83503048
The MCU will exist as long as it's profitable. They won't stop until they start making a decent amont of flops.
>>
>>83510452
Disney can't buy Fox
>>
>>83510805
I remember in the '90s THE SIMPSONS was like "we can't have many more seasons left, we've been on for eight years."

Or in 1969 George Lazenby quit being James Bond because his agent told him the Bond fad was over and the series didn't have long to go.

Cash cows will keep being milked forever.
>>
Avengers 6 they go up against The One Above All. Hulk kills him with one punch and people make a popular gif out of the scene

Stan Lee dies the next day
>>
>>83506330
I remember that thread, jesus christ.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 620x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 620x313px
>>83504444
>quint really hard
>4444
>quinted the hardest
>>
>>83512291
He quadded but he didn't quint
>>
>>83512137
I thought it was pretty fun. Made me make the picture another anon posted here >>83506119
eventually.
>>
>>83510156
Are you from 2006?
>>
>>83504709
But when you look at it this way you could also see it as

Civil War
>CA: TWS + CA: TFA
>AoU + avengers1 + iron man 1/2, thor, incredible hulk, ca: TFA

Because age of ultron and winter soldier don't really work without their buildup either.
>>
>>83503282
Well he has been once or twice
Like that time Annialis kidnapped him and used him to destroy planets and build up power cosmic in a plan to blow up multiple universes at once with Galactus as a bomb.

Or that time Galactus was given the idea to use the infinity gems in some kinda device to get rid of his hunger, but in reality the device released some kind universe eating asshole that Thanos stopped with some kinda trick.
>>
>>83504802
Actually evans just very recently announced he's open to signing a new contract with marvel post IW so I'm looking forward to that.

Downey on the other hand can leave whenever
>>
>>83503230
Dude the only Apoc that would actually be in this place on the list is Sentry, certainly not En Sabah Nur.
>>
>>83510291
I'd rather have no Skrulls than Chitauri 1.2
>>
File: 1461864213719.gif (109KB, 209x193px)
1461864213719.gif
109KB, 209x193px
Since we already have Collector and Grandmaster in the MCU, is there any chance we'll see the rest of the Elders in IW?
>>
>>83506254
>It's when we'll get our "Avengers Assemble!" scene roo.

Picture this.
>Captain America doing an inspirational speech.
>The Avengers, The GotG, Dr. Strange, the Defenders, Spider-Man, erryone is there.
>Ends with a rapid, slam-cut montage of everyone getting pumped the fuck up to fight.
>"AVENGERS...."
>Sweeping pan of every damn hero in the MCU.
>"ASSEMBLE!"
>>
>>83504386
This. I'd be so hyped if the climax of Infinity War 2 shows us multiverses where all the characters they've introduced so far have different costumes (bonus points if one of the multiverses have the Avengers in classic 100% faithful to the Golden Age costumes) and are involved in Alt. World situations (like a world in which Steve Rogers became Captain Marvel, or a world in which the Hulk retained Bruce Banners intelligence and became Dr.Hulk)
>>
File: 1457119227737.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1457119227737.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>83512798
>mfw
>>
So what are the odds of Infinity War being a soft reboot of sorts that destroys the current Marvel Cinematic Universe? And then all the characters that are currently being played by actors that still have Marvel contracts are transported to that Universe, where characters like the Fantastic Four already exist?
>>
File: goumba pls.png (23KB, 244x212px) Image search: [Google]
goumba pls.png
23KB, 244x212px
>>83506145
Is he going to play with a little girl all day as she turns his butt buddy into HYDRA?
>>
File: 1463084533097.png (73KB, 252x253px)
1463084533097.png
73KB, 252x253px
>>83509772
>all the Benadryl Sasquatch tentacle porn that will be inspired once he shows up
>>
>>83509986
Do they actually have any unique abilities that mimic the powers of the original, or are they just a stylized Iron Legion? I mean, I can see the Vision version (actually that might just be the Vision himself, I dunno, I've never read Earth X stuff besides that one Captain America story) has eyes lasers. Is the Quicksilver one really fast and does the Giant Man version actually expand and shrink in size?
>>
File: 1463736933570.png (492KB, 517x515px)
1463736933570.png
492KB, 517x515px
>>83504444
Quint
>>
>>83513060
Slim to none:
>>83508777
>>83508972
>>83509082
>>
>>83511520
You will die in Stan Lee's lifetime.
>>
>>83512516
1) Annialis was using him against his will. Annialis was the real threat.
2) Galactus releases a big bad accidentally.

On his own Galactus isn't a BIG EVENT villain, because on the cosmic scale his plans are pretty small.
>>
>>83512516
>>83513974
STOP WRITING ANNIALIS FUCK
>>
>>83512516
>universe eating asshole

that's... actually perfectly accurate.
>>
File: 1436378002043.png (368KB, 481x572px) Image search: [Google]
1436378002043.png
368KB, 481x572px
Will the MCU outlive us all? Or will superheros someday be considered as outdated as cowboys and injuns are now? The thought of dying on the day "Captain America 13: Hail Hydra" comes out actually gives me the chills
>>
>>83513993
I don't know how to spell it, so I just copy pasted how he spelled it.
>>
>>83514077
>you will die in MCU's lifetime

I don't think they'll ever stop making superhero movies, just that at some point there won't be as many coming out in a year.
>>
>>83514145
They'll probably start makin megamovies that will have multimedia tie ins; imagine the insane profits Marvel could make by having a video game whose story ties in to a popular TV series that leads into another multibillion dollar making movie. Like, they could have hints about the next movies villian littered about the game, then introduce the villians minions in the tv shw, and then finally have the villian appear in the movie, where they can quickly do a recap of sorts for the people who haven't been following and then jump into the meat of the story. It'd be beautiful, and could cut down on the time used to establish the villians motivations and shit
>>
>>83514077
The current iteration of the MCU will have to end eventually. Maybe by 2030.
The reboots thereafter, however, will keep going until either Disney drops it or Feige moves on.
>>
>>83514109
Are you guys talking about Annihilus? Its from Annihilate.
Cut the ATE, replace with a US. Annihilus.
>>
>>83514307
>Marvel making good videogames
If only.

I'd love a game after Captain America: The Winter Soldier or something. Inb4 go play Metal Gear.
>>
>>83503282
Because Earth ending threats are somehow less relevant to Earthlings?

In both cases they are dead.
>>
>>83514529
Doesn't Richards have some kind of Galactus sheild around the planet? And he has the ultimate nullifier as a backup threat? Galactus isn't a big threat to Earth, and he's not a big threat to the universe if all he does is eat a planet every once in a while.
>>
>>83504444
>Quent
but gets four 4s
had it been five 5s it would have been reater still
>>
>>83514404
Captain America would actually be a really good place to start; his adventures are fairly grounded stories of espionage and intrigue, so most of the focus of the game could be on making the actual mechanics work well as opposed to throwing money on stupid stuff like hyper utltra kewl graphics. A game that had fighting mechanics similar to Arkham Asylums but not cloned from it and stealth mechanics from Metal Gear and Uncharted would be great.

Playable characters would be Falcon, Hawkeye Ant- Man, Cap himself and Black Widow workng as a covert team. Bucky would be DLC and Iron Man and War Machine could appear at the end of the game and in the games sequel, which would be more open world
>>
>>83514848
The Super Soldier game was kinda like that I guess.
>>
>>83514887
Hold up, there's a Super Soldier game? Oh shit, there was, I just looked it up. How did I nt know about this? Was it that bad?
>>
>>83514994
Aside from being a shameless and less good Arkham clone it actually wasn't bad.
>>
What characters that haven't appeared yet do you wanna see in the MCU?

I'm hoping for Moon Knight, Rich Nova, Hercules and Monica Rambeau.
>>
>>83515047
Kamala and Robbie.
>>
>>83503048
Who does every villain need to be bigger than the last?

I really hope they don't fall into that trap, because it only lead to retarded power creep.
>>
>>83515277
>I really hope they don't fall into that trap
CA:CW sort of already proved there's nothing to worry about. The villain was human, the mains were relatively human, the powerful individuals were support or off screen.
Everything turned out just Mission Report: December 16th, 1991
>>
File: CatJ4RBUUAELGXe.png (706KB, 700x547px) Image search: [Google]
CatJ4RBUUAELGXe.png
706KB, 700x547px
>>83515411
Oh hey what's going on in this thre-
>>
>>83515411
Plus it had a very small scale, personal third act. No aliens, huge explosions and hellicariers getting destroyed.
>>
>>83504102
>implying
Doom could easily be introduced via Dr Strange.
>>
>>83512798
Reading this made me shiver
>>
>>83510721
Where the hell is Wanda and her cleavage?
>>
>>83503048
You do realize he actually was with the infinity gems, sans the one above all right?
>>
>>83517596
And the Living Tribunal. I think Galactus and the other Abstracts brought up he could intervene at any time, but he decided micromanaging their little group and issues wasn't relevant to his job.
>>
>>83517596
>>83517696
If only there was a villainous entity powerful enough to kill the Living Tribunal...
>>
File: nothing-ends.jpg (83KB, 300x484px) Image search: [Google]
nothing-ends.jpg
83KB, 300x484px
>>
>>83519832
It doesn't even matter.
>>
>>83519832
>>83520126
You know a Doc Manhattan and DCUOAM Owlman thing would be interesting. World's Most Indifferent? World's Nihilist? Something like that.
>>
File: Celestial insult.jpg (72KB, 1226x459px)
Celestial insult.jpg
72KB, 1226x459px
>>83503048
You do realize that GotG already introduce Celestials correct?
>>
>>83515645
Fuggoff.
I want Dr Strange movies.
Into the Dark Dimension, While the World Spins Mad, actual fucking Dr Strange material.
Not Passion of the Doom featuring The Red Guy and oh also Stephen's there too I guess.
>>
>>83518915
ok and the prodigy or whatever his name is but he's been erased from existence
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.