[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best comic book hero adaptation? (besides the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: iron man.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
iron man.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
Is this the best comic book hero adaptation? (besides the first Raimi Spider-man) The ending fight was kinda eh but everything else is pretty flawless. how did they do it?
>>
Avengers was better
>>
>>83493194
How so?
>>
Did you mean to post Spider-Man 2?
>>
>>83493251
Iron man's suit is something wayyy harder to get right than Spidey's webslinging, and OP's pic related did it perfectly. That flight test is literally perfect.
>>
No
>>
>>83493251
I'm literally trying to remember a single thing that happened in that movie and I can't. Mary Jane is marrying an astronaut?? I think?? Maybe that's 3 though

anyway 1 was a much better, the Peter/Norman interaction alone, it was so goddamn tense... like I've never been so simultaneously gut-wrenched and satisfied by a villain death
>>
File: 8zWl891.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8zWl891.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>83492795
If by "Iron man" you actually mean Batman Begins, than yeah, it is.
>>
>first Raimi SPider-Man
>Good adaption
>>
>>83494892
>>83493978
>>83493251
These are all better
>>
It was the movie that begun the MCU.
>>
>>83494892
Ah yes how long has it been since you watched Micheal Caine try to keep a straight face while the script torturously attempts to create a way for him to discuss dressing up like a bat as if it is a perfectly rational thing to do

or what about when Batman dramatically holds Gordon up with a stapler and then falls off a fire escape

The thing about Iron Man is it has a light enough tone that the comic book-y nature of it never makes you crack up laughing AT the movie rather than with it
>>
>>83496889
I actually think Christ Nolans Batman movies have a degree of self awareness. The voice is some kind of satire I think- "We can't have Batman be too realistic- make him sound silly"
>>
>>83492795
Casting, casting, casting.

Iron Man does not have much personality in the comics because he's just a suit. Tony Stark has a personality. They understood that and found a guy who could embody what makes Tony Stark appealing.

It's more than a matter of picking the right guy, it's also understanding that what makes Iron Man interesting is Tony Stark, whereas Bruce Wayne is kind of bland compared to Batman.
>>
File: 5045501-6117756762-Deadp.jpg (130KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
5045501-6117756762-Deadp.jpg
130KB, 612x380px
>>83492795
Not even memeing here but I honestly think that Deadpool came pretty close. I was even surprised that they actually used Ajax (the closest to DP having a legit arch-nemesis) and updated his look to modern standards.
>>
>>83492795
No, that would be Deadpool.
>>
>>83492795
bait aside, his rendition of the character was so good that it changed him not only in comics but other media, especially videogames as it influenced heavily the speech pattern and mannerisms of mvc3 ironman
>>
File: hellboy-2-picture-20.jpg (47KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
hellboy-2-picture-20.jpg
47KB, 600x338px
Best cast comic book film(s) here.
>>
>>83498026
my only gripe with the nolan trilogy is how they separated so much from the mystic aspects of the series and the acrobatic feats that batman did
>>
File: addams family.jpg (90KB, 570x375px) Image search: [Google]
addams family.jpg
90KB, 570x375px
>>83499704
Best cast /co/ film period.
>>
>>83492795

Donner Superman was better
>>
>>83499716
SSS+ cast
>>
File: 1393794484117.gif (173KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1393794484117.gif
173KB, 225x224px
>>83499708
>No detective work
>No martial arts
>No acrobatics
>No willpower/resolve
>Vagina dependent

Nolan's sullen black Iron Man is shittiest Batman.
>>
>>83499655
>bait aside, his rendition of the character was so good that it changed him not only in comics but other media

So it's not really a good adaptation then. More like how Constantine is a good movie just not a good Constantine movie
>>
>>83499798
Keanu Reeves was nothing like Constantine.
Ultimate Tony Stark was very much like RDjr, and the MCU is at least 50% Ultimate Universe inspired.
>>
>>83499871

We're talking about the first movie where they were just making shit up on the spot. The rest of the MCU is irrelevant to this conversation
>>
>>83499798
I know people who legit like the movie and don't know about anything about Constantine
>>
>>83492795
They where banking a lot on it. They offered up a bunch of their ip's as collateral for the financing. If the MCU hadn't taken off Marvel probably would have gone under.
>>
File: Carrey Mask2.jpg (38KB, 397x341px) Image search: [Google]
Carrey Mask2.jpg
38KB, 397x341px
>>83500027
"Constantine" is some black-haired American with a stoner accent with a crucifix-gun fighting German Satan.

It literally has almost no relevance to the Hellblazer universe except that both main characters are dying from lung cancer.

Further from the comic book than Big Head re-imagined as a Tex Avery toon.
>>
>>83500027

Yeah that's the point I was making. It's a decent movie but a poor adaptation
>>
>>83500168

I honestly preferred the Movie and TV series over the comic, but I'm sure I'm in the minority
>>
>>83500767
>I honestly preferred the Movie and TV series over the comic

Like the Turtles, the comic book version has been more or less abandoned.
>>
>>83500852

Not really because Constantine's show never took off and DC is still shoehorning Constantine into everything they can get away with
>>
>>83500902
I think he's talking about the Mask
>>
Iron Man did something remarkbale things, but people tend to forget that entire third act was a complete snooze, which I don't understnad.

Any time I've rewatched it, I don't bother leaving it on past the scene with Tony VS the US Air Force. Everything beyond that point feels like "well I guess we need a final battle" in that same boring sense that Spider-Man 2's last fight suffered from
>>
>>83500922

Ah. OK then yeah I agree
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.