[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we could have gotten a Sonic movie made by MGM in 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Sonic_MGM.jpg (168KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_MGM.jpg
168KB, 640x300px
>tfw we could have gotten a Sonic movie made by MGM in 1994
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/06/24/interview-reveals-sonic-movie-considered-in-1994/
Was it for the best that it didn't get made?
>>
>>83480923
Yes, it was probably for the best.
>>
>>83480923
Sony is making a sonic movie. Live action.
>>
Probably, you bet the furry problem would be much worse and not all Sonic fans watched SatAM. It'd probably be retarded too.
>>
>>83480923
I'm not gonna deny that as a kid, a Sonic film would've been the greatest thing ever simply because I was a huge Sonic fan when I was young. In reality, the movie probably would've suffered in a way that the Felix the Cat movie and the Tom & Jerry movie did... just a lack of understanding of the source material and a general unknown way to translate video games to a movie screen. It either would've been mediocre at best and at worst, killed Sonic's popularity in the West... which, considering what followed game and design-wise along with the Western fanbase, would've been a good thing for this world.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>83481987
Don't forget about the musical numbers!
>>
>>83480923
It was for the best.

MGM wasn't good and having a Sonic movie made would have been an abomination.
>>
>>83482531
Musicals can be great in the right hands.
>>
File: 1448147581754.jpg (112KB, 422x650px) Image search: [Google]
1448147581754.jpg
112KB, 422x650px
>>83480923
>Was it for the best

yes
>>
>>83482587
Fair enough.
>>
>>83481987
I just rewatched the Tom and Jerry Movie

What's so sad about it is that for the first 10 minutes it's pretty good. Silent comedy and sets up a pretty cliche but potentially good plot where the two have to survive together and maybe find their owner.

Then they talk.

Also, this musical number pretty much encapsulates 4chan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fStWJloNsuY
>>
>>83484159
THIS IS OUR TURF, PUSSY
>>
>>83484159
>We want to build a world with really crude things
>Loathsome, lewd things
Wow this is incredible
>>
>>83485414
They even hate each other, it's perfect.
>>
>>83480923
>Was it for the best that it didn't get made?
Since it was probably going to be SatAM crap, yes.
>>
>>83483139
>Din Viesel as Chuckles
>How-Do-You-Do-Fellow-Kids as Arms the Magical Kitsune
>The Trashman as Professor Eggsalad
>Neo as Fast the Hedgheg
>Not wanting this

All it needs is Adam Sandler, David Spader, and Rob Schneider as Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts (not necessarily in that order) with Pamela Anderson as Sally Acorn and it'd be a smash hit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.