[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me of the cartoons which your parents prohibited you from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: BUUri.jpg (54KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
BUUri.jpg
54KB, 600x480px
Tell me of the cartoons which your parents prohibited you from viewing.

Father would not allow me to watch Dragonball Z or Ed Edd n' Eddy because they exhibited disrespectful exchanges of brutish banter and exaggerated violence, yet he never had any problems showing me the most gruesome of cult classic horror films.
>>
>>83439371
Beavis and Butt-head and South Park. They would let me watch Celebrity Deathmatch though.
>>
>>83439371
South Park. Though when they found out the show was no longer like the first few seasons, they eased up on it.
>>
Nothing, really. If it was on before bedtime it was fair game.
>>
I was barred from anything rated M until I was around 13.
>>
Nothing. My parents didn't care about me or what I watched.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
Martin Mystery/Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
Pretty sure it was the horror aspect because Simpsons (minus THoH) and South Park were okay
>>
File: Thats-no-good.gif (858KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
Thats-no-good.gif
858KB, 480x361px
My mom prohibited me from watching the sonic the hedgehog animated series for its sheer stupidity... I thank her for that to this very day.
>>
Is this an US thing? I haven't met a single person in Europe in my 28 years that had parents like this. Even in uneducated fundi families you could watch anything you like.
>>
>>83441826
Same. Anything that would've been considered inappropriate for me, I wasn't watching anyway.
>>
The only time I was prohibited from watching something was George Lopez, because it was an episode about a gay person.

The thing is my parents basically never had any idea what I actually watched.
>>
>>83442358
Americans shelter their children from popular culture 'cuz Jesus.
>>
>>83439371
>It's a "/co/ competes to see whose parents were the craziest" thread

Pass me the popcorn.
>>
No, I could basically watch whatever I wanted. I remember staying up late and watching adult swim. For some reason, I couldn't play The Sims though.
>>
File: 81Eu6wcwbbL._SX425_.jpg (38KB, 425x331px) Image search: [Google]
81Eu6wcwbbL._SX425_.jpg
38KB, 425x331px
My mother didn't want me watching The Head, The Maxx, or Aeon Flux but she was fine with Beavis and Butthead. She had mixed feelings about Ren & Stimpy but she enjoyed it too much herself.
>>
>>83443221
>Ren & Stimpy but she enjoyed it too much herself.
Huh, same. She even got herself the Christmas CD.
>>
My parents didn't allow me to watch animation of any kind because they believed it would make me gay or violent.

I spent three years in prison for putting my ex-boyfriend in a two day coma for sleeping with another man in the late 90s.

I'm just now getting into animation and comics, it's good stuff and I wish I'd never been denied it. Who knows what my life would have been like up til now if they'd let me.
>>
Nothing, as long as it wasn't past my bed time. My father did find Ren & Stimpy to be completely retarded and the characters hysterical but he never prohibited me from watching it.
>>
File: 1459837748033.png (192KB, 358x247px) Image search: [Google]
1459837748033.png
192KB, 358x247px
>>83443279

The Space Madness episode was her favorite. Some of the episodes were a little too 'gay' for her and I couldn't watch those specific ones if they came on like the lumberjack one.
>>
>>83443285
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg (20KB, 450x473px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg
20KB, 450x473px
My mom wouldn't let me watch Problem solvers.

I told her she couldn't stop me because I was thirty at the time but then she threatened to detract from my good boy points right before Tendy Tuesday.
>>
>>83443221

But The Maxx was so good!
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch Blues Clues because Steve was a 'pansie' and Joe was an 'idiot'.
>>
My parents didn't care, they sometimes tried to ban things in a sort of "oh shit I need to parent!" way but would normally forget nor watch me long enough to know. I think I was legit banned from south park? but only for like a week before they forgot.
>>
My dad wouldn't let me watch Animaniacs because I was "impressionable"
Heh
>>
My parents tried to stop me and my brother from watching the Mask the animated series on account of how annoying it made us and I get where they were coming from but they failed.
>>
My mom didn't restrict anything because she 'trusted me to make responsible decisions' (lol)

but growing up , I met alot of people whose parents wouldn't let them watch grim adventures of billy and mandy. like ALOT of people.
>>
>>83439371
The biggest things my parents cared about were scary visuals and crude humor (though If I remember correctly only my grandparents didn't want me watching angry beavers and it was only my siblings who didn't want me watching Courage)
this continued into my tweens: I pretty much stopped showing them shows to approve after they banned Flapjack (which I loved back when I saw it over summer vacation away from them)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.