[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me 1 (ONE) good reason why this wouldn't have worked.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 29

Give me 1 (ONE) good reason why this wouldn't have worked. Both story-wise and for the characters.
>>
It's too logical and wouldn't pander to SJW's for those precious shekels
>>
Because they needed to shoehorn in a lesbian thing to be progressive, it retroactively saved the show by making two girls hold hands.
>>
It would have worked just fine, but Bryke thought everyone hated Kataang for no reason and loved Zutara for no reason, so they tried to make Zutara this time instead.
>>
Because they need to be progressive to cover-up the shitty writing
>>
>>83228116
Bolin was a beta cuck.
>>
>>83228116
honestly, they wrote Bolin as too much of an idiot for this to happen
>>
Because it would have made the show less memorable.
>>
>>83228116

Cause' it'd have been boring as shit. Don't get me wrong. Her with Mako wasn't any better. But with Bolin it'd been super cringeworthy.
>>
>>83228116
Bolin isn't the dark edgy brooding type, so the show would not have performed well among the teenage girl and young adult audience, and that group was a failsafe in the event that young boys decided to not watch Korea due to there being a female protagonist.
True shit.
>>
>>83228116
Bolin turned out to be a literal retard.
>>
He's too much of a naive moron for it to work. Guy thought he could resolve the Kuvira vs. Zaofu situation by having everyone talk about their feelings.
>>
Bolin sort of went along with anything, and was an idiot. Honestly, he just seemed to like Korra because she was hot and she was there.

Can you convince anyone that Bolin wouldn't have moved on to any other cute girl he saw? That was his character. He sees a girl, he starts throwing his spaghetti everywhere, and generally gets a positive reaction because he is adorable and ripped.

Plus, most importantly, Korra didn't like him. She saw him as a friend. Kind of hard to build a relationship off one-sided affection.
>>
>>83228299
Makes sense. Twighlight was still hot shit at the time.
>>
>>83228116
They sucked. Individually and collectively.

>Korra
A hotheaded, unreasonable cunt that in the end doesn't have neither the skills or smarts to achieve anything.

>Bolin
A boring, uncharismatic, unfunny comic relief slobbering over his waifu like a starved puppy. He made me realize just why women hate betas.

Physically, they are attractive. I'll give you that. But then they open their mouths and the illusion shatters.
>>
>>83228383
was there a character who didn't just like Korra because she was hot and was there?
>>
>>83228383
>Bolin sort of went along with anything, and was an idiot.

So was Aang.
>>
>>83228363
The funny thing is that MIGHT actually have worked, considering that Kuvira did all this shit because she thought Suyin should have done so and in her eyes felt she betrayed her and their country.
>>
>>83228383
>Plus, most importantly, Korra didn't like him.
This, I honestly can't see anything about Bolin that would draw Korra to him besides his physique, maybe.
>>
>>83228430
The big difference is that Aang was the main character. You can be a gigantic idiot and still come out on top if you're the protagonist. A whole genre of Manga works on that assumption.
>>
>>83228430
Aang had the excuse of being a 12 year old kid fresh out of a block of ice. Bolin went from 16 to 20 and really didn't change much.
>>
It kicked off way too early
>>
>>83228430
Yeah, which is why LoK was better than Avatar, overall.
>>
>>83228386
Give me one example of Korra being an unreasonable, stupid cunt past season 2.
>>
>>83228416
That White water-bender she met in Season 1. Her cousin. Any of the people who gained bending. Any of the metal benders.

She got the three main side characters, but she didn't generally have everyone slobbering over her.
>>
File: but.png (308KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
but.png
308KB, 500x502px
>>83228454
In actions show?

main character first love = final love.

I am here for the action NOT the love drama. BolinxKorra is basically like tophxaang.
>>
She wasn't attracted to him that way and he was kind of really clingy and pathetic at times about it.
>>
>>83228510
when she returned to Republic City without tell any of her friends, didn't tell them she couldn't use her powers and wandered into a random swamp following some spirtits
>>
>>83228551
>She wasn't attracted to him that way

I don't remember seeing her being attracted to Asami either.
>>
>>83228544
I meant that everyone who liked her just seemed to like her for her looks anyway
>>
>>83228551

Is asami clingy and pathetic too?
>>
>>83228562
How's that unreasonable? She didn't want them to worry.
>>
>>83228489
Yes the stong independent woman korra who had to be handed everything to her and never made any actual character improvement is better than a twelve year old who isn't stupid just afraid of his roll. With actual fears. spirit bending was bullshit but aang had a fucking arc and he certainly grew. Korra whined and just got things.
>>
>>83228551
I fucking hate how Bolin was initially described as a charismatic ladies man, but then five episodes later he was a permabeta with no game whatsoever
>>
>>83228562
That wasn't that much different than Aang's "running away" episodes if you ask me.
>>
>>83228584
Not Asami.

Which, I guess sort of makes their barely revealed love the purest of all.

Mako just wanted a hot chick.
Bolin just wanted a hot chick.
Asami wanted to take care of Korra.
>>
>>83228575
What do you think attraction looks like? Because subtle things like blushing do, in fact, indicate that.
>>
>>83228632
Nice memes you've got there.

You sound like someone who saw a Korra hate thread after season 1 and never watched anything after.
>>
>>83228575
>>83228613
I don't think anyone in this thread is going to argue that Korrasami was the better choice. Borra just wasn't a good one either. Korra should have just ended the series single.

>>83228562
>calling someone an unreasonable cunt because her PTSD caused her to go off the radar for six months
Actually I think of a selfish thing she did in book 4 and that was leaving Republic City all torn up so she can go rub clams with her new real doll in front of a bunch of Miyazaki cameos.
>>
>>83228619
what part about it is reasonable? rewatch early season 4, would be one thing to not talk to her friends about her problems but she threw herself in the fucking fighting pits for no reason
>>
File: 1457811705411.png (49KB, 546x536px) Image search: [Google]
1457811705411.png
49KB, 546x536px
>>83228645
>Mako just wanted a hot chick.

Didn't mako was force in this relationship? Korra kiss him from some reason and didn't know what to do.
>>
>>83228667
I saw a few issues after Season 2 they were awful. it was shit from start to finish. I don't know why you like it but you can have it.
>>
>>83228726
>but she threw herself in the fucking fighting pits for no reason
She was hallucinating, did you not watch the episode?
>>
>>83228730
Uh... what?
>>
>>83228690
Yes, because she should be fixing the whole thing herself. God forbid a person wants some peace and quiet after almost dying again.
>>
>>83228645
>Asami wanted to take care of Korra.

My question is why

them quickly becoming such good friends felt incredibly forced in, especially considering the circumstances.
>>
>>83228272
>Bolin was a beta cuck.

That was after they decided Korra was going to dump him for his brooding and "2deep4u" older brother.

Before that, he was totally confident, outgoing, the heart throb among the Fire Ferret's female fans, and took the initiative in asking Korra out.

Mako was the quiet one who- when faced with Asami- fumbled over his words until SHE asked him out. Korra was the one who forced a kiss on him. Then he didn't have the balls to really devote to one or the other and ended up pissing both of them off, at which point they actually dated each other.

Bolin and Korra would have been fucking awesome had they not decided to take Bolin's character in another direction.
>>
>>83228690
>Actually I think of a selfish thing she did in book 4 and that was leaving Republic City all torn up so she can go rub clams with her new real doll in front of a bunch of Miyazaki cameos.
What if she films it so that other people can watch it later? Would that still be selfish?
>>
>>83228759
was she hallucinating?

They never really explained that shit, because one of the spirits that was trying to help her was able to see that Avatar Mode Korra too
>>
>>83228754
Had it, love it, amazing series. The ending was a bit wtf (even if I'm fine with Korrasami), but season 3 and 4 were both awesome. Season 2 was the only let down, and that was only because the conflict didn't feel like it was about Korra, and the final fight was ridiculous.
>>
>>83228808
I dunno. Asami never actually blamed Korra for the whole relationship debacle. She even says so in Book 1. She blamed Mako for being an indicisive cunt.
>>
>>83228808
>them quickly becoming such good friends felt incredibly forced in, especially considering the circumstances.

Korra and Asami went through as much bullshit together in season 3 as Korra and her "best friends" Bolin and Mako went through in seasons 1 and 2.
>>
The writers were never able to fit any of these characters into a good niche. Even main characters who had been in the show since the first season still hadn't found a comfortable role to fill in the story by season 4. the romance subplots were so poorly done that they could only have been written by either beta nerds or low-IQ tumblr women.
>>
>>83228765

1. Mako didn't want her
2. Korra forced kiss him
3. He felt bad for her.
4. He got stuck into bad relationship with a crazy avatar.
>>
>>83228480
Bolin still thought with the wrong head, but at least he got over wanting to do the nasty with Korra.
>>
>>83228888
I bet she was a good lay though.
>>
>>83228808
Anon, there was a 8 month time gap between Books 1 and 3. They had all the time in the world to develop a genuine friendship.
>>
>>83228859
It's okay we can't all be born with good taste.
>>
>>83228776
It's selfish when there's literally thousands of people homeless, yes. It really doesn't suit Korra's, and maybe even Asami's (if you believe she has a personality) character to just leave. They got so caught up in trying to recapture how iconic ATLA's ending were they failed to realize they made Asami and Korra look like selfish assholes.
>>
>>83228808
Asami was a pretty good gal pal ever since Korra helped with her dad. I mean, they were just generally friends.

Then after Korra got screwed up by the Lotus, the boys both ran off to do whatever, and Asami was the one who stayed behind to clean out the invalid's folds, if you know what I mean.

The reason why I'm fine with Korrasami but still think it was weak, is because it implies a relationship that happened during time skip. Like, evidently Korrasami built up while Korra was injured, but we went straight from Wheelchair crying Korra to 'I'm training to recover and be the Avatar again' Korra, with only a hint that Asami helped take care of her for a reasonable chunk of that time.
>>
>>83228859
don't pretend that season 1 wasn't awful

they shoved a love triangle so hard down our throats that the entire fan base gagged

and then they some managed to completely screw up their villain, totally negating any message this villain could have actually had by making him a selfish, liar and manipulator with daddy issues
>>
>>83228887
All that precious screentime that could been used to meaningfully flesh out cast members wasted on some asshole juggling two girls so poorly they both became lesbians. If I had time machine that could send me back to the mid '00s and told people this is what happens to Avatar, no one would believe me.
>>
>>83228961
Anon, do you concern yourself with every single person down on their luck? Do you not put any time aside for what you want?
>>
>>83228961
Wasn't downtown pretty much the financial and political heart of the city?
I doubt there were a lot of people actually living there that couldn't afford a second home anyway.
>>
>>83228877
>Korra and Asami went through as much bullshit together in season 3
Yeah, as we know, fighting and being badass ladiez and never showing any of their personal talks and just having Asami stand three feet closer to Korra is actually a really good basis for a relationship.

>Oh I'm gonna go watch Korra meditate for... some reason. Even though I couldn't protect her if Red Lotus showed up. IDK it's what Katara did with Aang and we're obviously Kataang 2.0!

>Wow us being stranded in the desert would be a good opportunity to talk about Korra's insecurities and maybe I can actually show some personality besides sad pretty girl and comfort her- never mind we have to run away from this giant shark thing with a cool chase scene.

95% of Korra and Asami's interactions in book 3 were purely physical, not emotional. It's like they deliberately avoided giving them meaningful interactions.
>>
After what korra done to her friends?

I am surprise that she still got friends. She literally fuck everybody except for bolin and tenzin.
>>
>>83228994
Not really. Season 1 was awesome, great conclusion as well with a reveal that came out of left field but gave the villain a tragedy to explain his actions.

Season 2 was the weakest.

I haven't watched them all recently enough to put them on a scale against each other besides that though.
>>
>>83229025
Two hacks without any control or selfrestraint would have still done it poorly
>>
>>83228967
>The reason why I'm fine with Korrasami but still think it was weak, is because it implies a relationship that happened during time skip. Like, evidently Korrasami built up while Korra was injured, but we went straight from Wheelchair crying Korra to 'I'm training to recover and be the Avatar again' Korra, with only a hint that Asami helped take care of her for a reasonable chunk of that time.
This is why I'm guessing the comics will feature a pretty lenghtly flashback to the time where she took care of her. That shit writes itself.
>>
>>83228116
bolin should have been the OC
>>
>>83228967
>>83229108
That was only like two weeks, no way in hell did they get together before Korra came back to Republic City.
>>
>>83229097
>it was awesome
>great conclusion
How old are you?
>>
File: nigga.gif (1008KB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.gif
1008KB, 380x214px
>>83229108
>This is why I'm guessing the comics will feature a pretty lenghtly flashback to the time where she took care of her. That shit writes itself.

Oh god, I can imagine the cringe romantic scenes together.
>>
>>83229182
Older than you.

But is that really the competition you want to have when talking about a cartoon series made for 14 year old girls?
>>
File: 1459650801868.png (314KB, 607x701px) Image search: [Google]
1459650801868.png
314KB, 607x701px
>>83229138
That's as funny as the 'Asami should have been the Avatar' ideas.
>>
>>83229097
nah, tragedy to explain his actions, was Amon being a burn victim of a firebender

The waterbender thing was just stupid, his father pushed him and his brother too hard so everyone has to lose their bending, it also made him a hypocrite because he was still using bending

Season 2 is the weakest, but that doesn't mean season 1 was good
>>
Bolin was a manchild and Korra was a womanchild. It couldn't work.
>>
>>83229074
>Yeah, as we know, fighting and being badass ladiez and never showing any of their personal talks and just having Asami stand three feet closer to Korra is actually a really good basis for a relationship.

They had a personal talk. A personal talk where they actually talked about how they were both the real female friend the other ever had. A talk that was actually more of a relationship talk than one she ever had with Mako or Bolin before she started dating them or that Mako had with Asami before they started dating or between Bolin and .

All the guy/girl relationships were basically, "You're attractive. let's kiss." with no real conversation leading up to them.

Even Varrick/Julee's relationship was more like that between an eccentric and his overworked/underappreciated assistant before they decided that - once separated for half the series- they had secretly been in love the whole time, but just never shown it to anyone... even each other. Then they got married.

Korrasami definitely should have been more fleshed out. All of the romantic relationships in the series really should have been more fleshed out, though.
>>
>>83229170
Well not together obviously, but show some close scenes. Like Korra having nightmares and Asami being there for here.
>>
Still discussing Korra, /co/?
You guys are a sad bunch.
>>
>>83229193
>Korra just looks like a dead inside vegetable who never responds to anything Asami says or does
Realistically that's what it should be but we all know Asami's going to ~get her to smile for the first time~ or something really stupid and badly written.

The fact they're going to use the comics to cover their asses is really, really shitty of them.
>>
>>83228116
S2 hyper bitch Korra would have walked all over him and it would have just been sad. Bolin doesn't deserve that, no one deserves S2 Korra.
>>
>>83229199
Really because you act like a 16 year old girl with shit fucking taste. With a misunderstanding of how a proper story should work.
>>
>>83229220
>All of the romantic relationships in Avatar really should have been more fleshed out, though.
Fixed that for you
>>
>>83229105
Yeah, I guess you're right
>>
>>83229261
And you sound like an 18 year old virgin neckbeard arguing about how characters would act to make the perfect story you would want to read, instead of something with any actual substance.

What is your point?
>>
>>83228116
because it would imply bryke were good writers and korra wasn't a shallow whore
>>
>>83229220
Yeah, they had one talk at the start of book 3 that really should have been spread out over the entirety of it. This was such a good opportunity to address that Korra and Asami weren't really close and they... rushed over it within the first ten minutes of the first episode. I wonder why- oh it's because the writers never cared about Asami and it showed in pretty much every scene she was in that wasn't a fight scene (even then, she never ever got a fight on par with her one with Hiroshi).

>All the Avatar relationships were badly written
Shit anon I never said anything to argue against that. Korrasami deserves to be in the pile of shit with every other ship in this show, that's what I'm saying. It being f/f doesn't exclude it from the fact Korra and Asami have no chemistry and were only put together because the fandom wanted it.

Korrasami didn't happen because Korra and Asami were bisexual. Korra and Asami became bisexual because of Korrasami. That's not good writing.
>>
File: TokkaFinale.gif (493KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
TokkaFinale.gif
493KB, 500x300px
>>83229380
>deserves to be in the pile of shit with every other ship in this show
Not all
>>
>>83228810
>That was after they decided

Mako/Korra was shipped by Bryke like from the first day they showed off the character designs @ SDCC. It was never not an option and Bolin was always going to be cucked by Mako.
>>
>>83229380

Yeah, but if bad writing invalidated a relationship in the Avatar universe, everybody would be single.

Korra/Mako happened because Mako was supposed to be brooding and hot. The Korra/Mako/Asami triangle happened because they wanted drama and a foil for Korra and Mako's relationship. Bolin and Opal happened becaused they wanted someone for Bolin to hook up with. Varrick/Julee happened because... well there's no real reason why that should have happened.

But if any relationship in the series had anything approaching a relationship built on mutual friendship, adventures together, and trial by fire, Korrasami is as valid as any other.
>>
>>83228116
I would still have liked to have gotten a fighting/training focused Korra that wasn't interested in romance and just wanted to be BFFs with Mako and Bolin.
>>
>>83229473
That never became canon so it doesn't count.
>>
>>83229473
will we ever find out if Su Yin was actually their daughter?
>>
>>83229584
This. I wanted the three of them to be bending bros, running around having adventures and fucking people's shit up. But BRYKE felt they had to pander to the fucking shippers.
>>
>>83229652
Bryke didn't like Tokka and I'm pretty sure we've seen Su's dad in the comics already.
>>
>>83229631
we still don't know, we only know that Lin's father wasn't Sokka

Her sister's father could still be Sokka
>>
File: tumblr_m0p1ie5GRJ1rn81n5o2_500.png (407KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0p1ie5GRJ1rn81n5o2_500.png
407KB, 500x571px
>>83228182
>sjw
>shekels.

Pretty sure Nickelodeon produced that show at a deficit. They didn't care about being progressive throughout it's entire airing.

I don't even get the idea that Bryke even cared until Book 4, when they realized literaly NOBODY but shippers give a shit about their show anymore and now suddenly they're all "You were just watching it with hetero lenses."

I worked at a gay bar at the time, and I met all my usual customer's lesbian friends, and I didn't meet a single person that cared or even knew it happened. Most of them just looked at me weird like "oh, you watch cartoons? That's cool." Literally the only group that showed any large amount of interest in the fact that LoK ended on bisexuals is the shipping fandom.

And that's kind of why LoK felt so weak. I get the feeling that Bryke figured out that the shipping fandom latched onto ATLA like a fly on shit, and they tried to pander to that audience hardcore in Books 1 and 2, and then with 3 and 4, they tried to actually just have everyone as friends (which is when any of those four retards actually have chemistry, come to think of it) and the show was actually getting better. Then when they realized that their viewership had crashed to the point that it went online, and the fact hit them that no one gave a shit about their show, they just ended the franchise on the most popular ship to go out on a mildly notable moment.

LoK is literally a show for the shippers. Oh well, at least Korra was a complete qt.
>>
File: 1464379728623.gif (2MB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
1464379728623.gif
2MB, 360x274px
>>83228272
Actually his profile on the site listed him as a ladiesman always with a girl.

After the first season, they changed for "insecure because his brother always get the girls".

You can see traces of his previous characterization when Mako complain that he always bring girls.
>>
>>83228116
Race mixed couples have a higher failure rate.
>>
>>83229698
I think the fact that book 4 pandered so heavily to what the fandom wanted is a huge sign Bryke didn't really care at that point.
>>
>>83229745
Bolin when he first appears in the 2nd episode is a totally different character than how he is written the entire rest of the show

I liked him much more when he first showed up
>>
>>83229756
How could Book 4 be pandering if it ends with a niche pairing that had to piss off a bunch of fangirls?
>>
File: 1431387460761.gif (733KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431387460761.gif
733KB, 600x600px
>>83228116
Easy.

Both are extraordinarily dumb.

They could never fuck. The risk is to create an abomination.
>>
>>83228510
>Give me one example of Korra being an unreasonable, stupid cunt past season 2
- how the FUCK you don't want to be an airbender? hey! get back here!
>>
>>83229843
Maybe you don't interact with the fandom much (good for you), but Korrasami was easily the most popular ship as early as book 2 ending. Makorra never really recovered after book 1.
>>
>>83229920
Anon you know damn well that scene was played for laughs, especially considering it involved a 25 year old NEET living in his parents' basement voiced by Napoleon Dynamite.
>>
File: raw.gif (256KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
256KB, 220x165px
>>83229928
>>
>>83229928
It wasn't the most popular ship, just the most vocal.
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 443x332px
Because us nice guys like us just get left in the dusr, by these SLUTS AND WHORES AND BULLIES
>>
>>83229928
I liked when even /co/ was all over Korrasami, you know before it became canon and /co/ obviously had to hate it now because that's how /co/ is, only loving the things that cannot be and if they happen it's shit.
>>
>>83229928
to be fair, shipping was pretty dead actually

most people hated the shipping options or thought they were impossible anyway, there were very few people who actually believed in Korrasami, most of us said its kinda cute but would never happen
>>
>>83229967
First, it doesn't change the fact that it happened, and she was being unreasonable. It's even worst when you consider it's the exact same thing the earth queen did 2 episodes later and she didn't like. Second, the fact that she thought airbending was that important in the first place is what is wrong with it. There was clearly plenty to do, but she choses to help people with a nice new air trick?

anyway, if you want another example, on the same season she decided it would be a good idea to try and capture the most dangerous benders on the planet by herself.

Guess what? it doesn't work.
>>
>>83228116
Asami's hotter. Why the fuck would you want best boy getting cucked?
>>
>>83230069
You're reading too much into it.
>>
>>83230109
it's literally what happened. Seriously, i could tell plenty of retarded things past S02 that Korra did.
>>
I'd honestly prefer Bosami to Borra.
>>
>>83229801
>Bolin when he first appears in the 2nd episode is a totally different character than how he is written the entire rest of the show

Is the 2nd episode the one where he asked Korra out on a date? Because up until he saw Korra kissing Mako, he was very confident. To the point of naivety/stupidity. Kind of like Korra.
>>
>>83228937
The problem being is we never seen any of it.

It would have been much more convincing had we actually seen them be close.
>>
File: 1420035568915.jpg (234KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
1420035568915.jpg
234KB, 1280x828px
>>83228116
In all honesty, I shipped Korrasami from as early as Season 1, but I figured it would just be a fringe crack ship. When it became "Canon" it was all wrong. The only build up they had was for a friendship, not a romance. I hope if they proceed with comics for LoK that they'll develop a romance between them instead of just starting out with them in Sweetie mode.
>>
File: 1459573248173.jpg (48KB, 760x944px) Image search: [Google]
1459573248173.jpg
48KB, 760x944px
>>83228116
>not wanting two girls for double the hotness

"I literally love cocks. Literally." - You
>>
>>83230049
Because Korrasami was a fucking crack ship that was hot, but we knew wouldn't work.

/co/ didn't react well because sudden lesbians at the end of the show with no conclusion of what the whole season was about is not good writing.
>>
>>83230313
>sweetie
>Sweetie
>SWEETIE

I couldn't take it again, anon.
I just couldn't.
>>
>>83230367
Aang and Katara's relationship post-finale was sweet.

I don't care what you think. It made my chest all tingly.
>>
>>83230396
it was fine.
except for the sweeties.

They needed some real goddamn pet names, and they needed to only use them at an appropriate goddamn time.
>>
>>83230314

For some reason, the "Korra Sex Juice" makes this pic like 10 times hotter.
>>
>>83230396
Kataang felt silly because their age gap was never really compensated for.

Katara felt like she was super mature, while Aang probably would have dated an Otter-penguin if the thought occurred to him.
>>
>>83230471
They were only two years apart, they're several years later in the comics by now, so Aang is probably like 14-15 and Katara is 16-17.

It works better the older they get.
>>
>>83230314
>being beta cuck who is on a dark corner just whatching to girls fuck 8stead of actually doing the fucking

Only lowtest "men" don't self insert on the fucking.
>>
>>83230495
I haven't seen them in the comics, just talking about the cartoon. They made those 2 years feel like 10.
>>
>>83230178
>Bolin's self-esteem was irrecoverably shattered by getting cucked by his brother
Makes a bit more sense now
>>
File: 1454103188643.png (379KB, 494x388px) Image search: [Google]
1454103188643.png
379KB, 494x388px
>>83230538
>self inserting on porn
>>
>>83230800
Not him.

But at least its better than lesbians anyway.

Why the hell this board wants to turn every female character into a lesbian?
>>
>>83230943
Every character? No, just the cute ones.
>>
>>83230943
This board isn't one person.

And it's not every character. Korra just works. Her being into girls doesn't contradict anything.

It's not like She-Hulk or Power Girl came out as lesbians/bi out of the blue when they were always explicitly straight and very open about it. Not like Jean Grey fucking mind-bending people into being gay.
>>
>>83231069
>Jean Grey
We still don't know if that isn't what happened with Bobby!
>>
>>83230943
because they suffer from an undiagnosed mental disorder called autogynaphilia

http://akinokure.blogspot.com/2015/12/star-wars-fan-service-reveals-latent.html
>>
>>83231116
We've always been here, idiot.

If you want /b/, you can go there.
>>
File: 1452636921520.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1452636921520.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
>>83231116
>SJWs constantly bitch about fetishising lesbians for male viewing pleasure
>hurr durr those guys jerking it to lesbians are fucking SJWs from tumblr

There isn't an imaginary war between 4chan and tumblr in which, if you're not in one side, you're in the other. Get out of the internet for fucking once.

I couldn't give less of a shit about representation or whatever retard nonsense the bulldykes at tumblr like to spout about. Korra is hot. Asami is hot. They're hot together. Simple.
>>
>>83231232
Oh, anon. If only it really were that simple...
>>
File: image1.jpg (193KB, 864x645px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
193KB, 864x645px
>>83228116
Any romance would've worked if it hadn't been written like the romances in the actual show were. Pic related.
>>
>>83231899
It is that simple to me.

Half the fan content for any /u/ ship doesn't do it for me because it's just a vehicle for writers to bitch about gay issues and create strawman situations with established characters. And then there's the flood of bad art in general that comes form popularity.

I mean, I can understand some angst about being gay and shit, but not a fucking pride parade in your goddamn story.
>>
>>83228116
Because Korra doesn't grow as a character. She wanted to punch and threaten peaceful protesters, so she gets to punch them and threaten them and still be the hero.
She wanted Mako, but he was dating Asami. She was perfectly fine with Bolin, and would probably even be able to apologize and get over her boner for Mako. But no. She fucking gets Mako, because why the fuck not.
>>
>>83228116
It would've been forgotten as "that one Avatar sequel" if it didn't have the lesbian MC angle.
>>
>Everyone talks about Bokorra Makorra and Korrasami
>MakoAsami is barely touched on
Aw
>>
Still haven't seen a good reason in this thread.
>>
>>83229234
>Still discussing something you enjoyed, /co/?
>You guys are a sad bunch.
>>
File: 1429838753042.jpg (28KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1429838753042.jpg
28KB, 245x204px
>>83234664
>enjoyed
>>
>>83234854

You can enjoy something and still not believe it's flawless.
>>
>>83233640
I liked Masami and I think it would have been a nice conclusion if they got back together instead.
>>
>>83235055

I think Mako and Asami would have been a great foil for Bolin and Korra's antics.
>>
>>83228383
>Can you convince anyone that Bolin wouldn't have moved on to any other cute girl he saw?

There isn't even enough of his character to even make that assumption. He seemed pretty content with the earth girl during seasons 3 and 4.
>>
>>83234984
I doubt anything, no matter how good it is, could be 100% flawless.
>>
>>83228116
if this had happened as well as Asami and zuko lite the lesbian ending would have made more sense.

Asami would have fallen away from mako as he became more involved with the police While Bolin's Immaturity and Korra's indecisiveness would drive them apart. Then Korra and Assami would better bond over their relations with the brothers and grow closer together.
>>
>>83228116
There's a very good reason, Bolin wouldn't have her. Think about it, every time he touched her, kissed her, fucked her, he'd be thinking, "My brother has been here before." Would you want to kiss a mouth that's been on your brother's dick? Eat a pussy he's ejaculated into? Whenever they're together, they'd both know Korra would be comparing him to Mako in her head. No sane, self-respecting man wants that.
>>
>>83228116
Those two don't strike me as compatible, they'd fall apart the moment the two of them wanted different things, just like Mako and Korra and Bolin and Eska.
>>
Too boring and predictable. No drama.
>>
>>83236149
>they'd fall apart the moment the two of them wanted different things

What would Korra and Bolin not both want (aside from Mako's dick)?
>>
>>83236531
Probably something regarding commitment, or avatar responsibilities. Korra takes things a bit more seriously than Bolin does.

Also, Bolin tends to make naive decisions and trust the wrong people while refusing to apologizing for it, which would frustrate Korra with enough time. He gets obsessed with weird ideas and is a little egotistical, which is also something that would create friction with her
>>
>>83236717
>Also, Bolin tends to make naive decisions and trust the wrong people while refusing to apologizing for it, which would frustrate Korra with enough time. He gets obsessed with weird ideas and is a little egotistical...

So they're basically perfect for each other.
>>
Because then the writers wouldn't have had a shitty Sokka analogue that they thought was funny but wasn't.

They really turned Bolin into a clown. Awkward, embarrassing and not even entertaining, as parents clap and try to assure you it is.
>>
>>83236717
And people like to point out that Korra acted similar (in a more aggressive way), but the thing is she mostly grew out of that by the time book 3 rolled around, and Bolin never really did.
>>
>>83228116
because its not progressive :^)
>>
>>83236756
>>83236813

No, because they are similar is the REASON they're not perfect for each other.

It's why they're just bros
>>
>>83236830
They obviously made the decision that Borra wouldn't happen before they decided on Korrasami.
>>
>>83236843
Yeah they would be a couple that would be cute for the first month and then they'd quickly tire you out and annoy you.
>>
>>83228116
It doesn't get my dick as hard.
>>
>>83228776
She's this world's God, with God like powers that others are supposed to look up to a paragon of virtue.

...people tend to forget that, she's not just some princess, mayor, admiral, sultan or a king; she is supposed to be Jesus/Thor/Buddha Panther Sun God.
>>
>>83230170
A shame because the chemestry between Asami and Bolin was gold
>>
>>83228116
Asami is hotter than him.
>>
>>83237541
She's just supposed to be a powerful spirit conduit who helps "restore balance," a goal that was never really elaborated upon in either series. she wasn't strictly necessary to the world, she was just the universe's field agent to keep things on an even keel. more like a very low-powered angel than a messiah. better writers could have done something with the theme of advancing technology and the waning relevance of spirits slowly rendering her and her reincarnation cycle less and less important, and having her grapple with the new reality of a world where she is appreciated in the odd crisis but no longer able to fill an important role in its social/spiritual ecosystem
>>
>>83228646
>Because subtle things like blushing do, in fact, indicate that.

The only people who think this are morons whose only interactions with people are from anime.
>>
>>83229065
Your point is completely irrelevant when you realize that Korra is literally responsible for those people being homeless, you sociopath.
>>
File: Abbott and Costello.gif (754KB, 360x184px) Image search: [Google]
Abbott and Costello.gif
754KB, 360x184px
>>83237566
Honestly, one of the few times when Asami comes alive as a character is when she's Bolin's retard wrangler.

She makes for a good straight man (lol) and had good chemistry with him. Asami was still willing to engage Bolin on his follies, while Mako seemed fed up with him at almost all times. And that's really no fun, you need the idiot to slowly erode the normal person's patience away.
>>
>>83228116
it's shit
>>
>>83228430
Aang was a preteen and still wise well beyond his years when he wasn't being a goof.
Bolin was dangerously retarded and way older.
>>
>>83228189
it did save the show. They can no spend their time looking for clues that they Korra was gay in the earlier seasons and ignore the blatant problems.

They would work as Boyfriend and Girlfriend though I don't want to see it
>>
>>83228546
>BolinxKorra is basically like tophxaang.
Empty, vapid shipping for its own sake based on what people want the characters to be rather than who they actually are and essentially just a reaction to not liking any of the other available pairings?
>>
>>83228613
>>83228575
You can't really use how shitty Korrasami was written to justify this.
>>
>>83228116
Because Bolin is a useless annoying cunt who I can't imagine anyone tolerating for more than a couple seconds without diving off a cliff.
>>
File: Bolin and Asami.png (273KB, 545x325px) Image search: [Google]
Bolin and Asami.png
273KB, 545x325px
>>83230170
I loved when this picture was still relevant
>>
>>83228116
I like my porn, so no.
>>
>>83229232
When was this supposed to have happened?
>>
>>83229507
Except Korrasami isn't built, at all. And it goes counter to the characters as presented in the show.

If anything Borra should have been Korras relationship since it's the only one where they are shown to have any chemistry, even if it was based on "shes hot", since it also moved past that very quickly. Bryke just choose not to go the "organic" route and force Makorra on us, and later regret that and kill shipping, then regretting that and forcing Korrasami in the end.
>>
>>83235055
Should have stayed with Masami in book 1, and then go for Borra aswell. Book 1 ends the shipping for good, and we can all go on with actual plots and cute moments from there.
>>
>>83238981
Fuck, now you're making me remember that this actually was the better ship than Bolin x Korra. At least thus was actually fun for more than 5 minutes.

>>83239410
>dangerously retarded

What? He was a naive goofball at worst. Having a personality doesn't make you retarded, anon.
>>
>>83228116
It would cut down on the anonymous gangbang rape porn.
>>
File: 1415408730617.png (656KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415408730617.png
656KB, 1280x720px
>>83228272
>>83228116
Bolin should have gotten with Varrick
>>
>>83229698
>>83229756

I love when desperate conservatards have to resort to "muh pandering" as a last ditch excuse
>>
>>83228182
>>83228189

>BAAAWWWWW MUH SJWS BWAAAAA"
>>
>>83228116

I find Bolin x Korra super cute.

I dunno there's something appealing about the two "action-first-think-never" characters getting together and getting into shenanigans.
>>
>>83228182
>>83228189
>BAAAWWWWWW HOMOSEXUALS ARE BAD BWAAAA
>>
File: tumblr_m1l1kz8hPG1qb6b1zo1_1280.jpg (165KB, 660x528px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1l1kz8hPG1qb6b1zo1_1280.jpg
165KB, 660x528px
>no Borra pictures in the thread

I thought this was supposed to be an IMAGE board, dammit.
>>
>>83228116
Because the Avatar was a dude in past lives. That automatically makes it gay.
>>
>>83229065
As that other anon said, it has to do with their characters. Not only it is Korra's "job" to help, it is on-character to do so, and Asami actually decided to help the city after S02 broke everything. The ending is clearly odd, considering that.
>>
>they needed to shoehorn in lesbians
are we just going to ignore the fact that she was with Mako for 3 seasons

Yes, they did shoehorn in the lesbians but it would have been just as awkward for her to get with Bolin during S4 out of nowhere too
>>
>>83228116
Its annoying that Korra and Asami got together because they had better chemistry than Korra and Mako, when Korra and Bolin had the best chemistry. Its like they ignored what came naturally until after they had Bolin wind up with Opal. They had to have one pairing they designed to be perfect work out before writing something normally.
>>
File: Borra.png (191KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Borra.png
191KB, 500x385px
>>83247453
>>
>>83228116
Because Bolin had to be made 100% retarded for some stupid reason and we couldn't have the MC date a retard
>>
>>83248036
Obviously, which is why Borra should have been the pairing from the date episode forward, no Makorra at all.
>>
>>83248036
Well they did have more history. All of Korra's gang was pretty disconnected by the end of things though
>>
File: Borra-33-borra-30737370-811-985.jpg (190KB, 811x985px) Image search: [Google]
Borra-33-borra-30737370-811-985.jpg
190KB, 811x985px
>>83248594
>>
>>83229687
You know thinking about it Borra was just Tokka rehashed with a more beta Sokka
>>
>>83249297
That's better than rehashing Zutara.
>>
File: KorraBolinFunTime.png (986KB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
KorraBolinFunTime.png
986KB, 1280x916px
>>
>>83228116
Just look at them. They don't look like a couple, they look like buddies. Korra is too wild for a beta like Bolin.
>>
>>83228386
>A hotheaded, unreasonable cunt that in the end doesn't have neither the skills or smarts to achieve anything.

Except she did achieve something. She ushered a new era of peace and coexistence between spirits and humans, defeated the avatarverse's manifestation of evil and chaos, and brought back the Air Nation. She accomplished more than any other Avatar. You would know that if you actually saw more than three episodes.

We only saw a tiny fraction of her life. Can you imagine how much more she will accomplish?

I don't know how anyone can unironically say that Korra is a bad avatar. There is so much greatness in her. It was obvious from the very first episode that she was destined to become an amazing avatar.
>>
>>83252114
I hope you're ready for five paragraph essays explaining why nothing Korra did is actually good and why, despite all evidence, she'll be remembered in the setting as their own version of Hitler.
>>
>>83252114
It's just that Korra didn't really do any of those things. The writers just tried to give her credit for it.
>>
>>83251509
>2016
>Not understanding that opposites attract
>>
>>83252114
>She ushered a new era of peace and coexistence between spirits and human
They sort of dropped that angle. Spirits started fucking shit up, people asked Korra to do something, she tried and failed, and the story just moved on. No real peace.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.