[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. And DC Are Considering Multiple Suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

File: suicidesquadheader.jpg (167KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
suicidesquadheader.jpg
167KB, 640x402px
>“They’re going to do a sequel for sure, and the recently announced spinoff with Margot Robbie has got everyone excited, too, but their plans don’t end there. The studio is feeling very confident in the property. They think it’s going to be a really big hit and they think audiences are going to fall in love with these characters.

>I’ve heard more than a few talks of giving some of the other Task Force X members their own spinoffs, and like the Harley Quinn one, these films would open the door for a ton of new DC characters to show up.

>The Joker is a definite possibility for a spinoff, and Jared [Leto] seems up for it from what I’ve been told. They’re also really hot on Jai Courtney’s character Boomerang right now. Nothing’s set in stone yet, but you’re definitely going to be seeing a lot more of these guys in the years to come.”

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/warner-bros-dc-multiple-suicide-squad-spinoffs/
>>
File: okay.gif (919KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
919KB, 245x285px
>>83121967
>wegotthiscovered
>>
>>83121967
Martha Kent solo movie from her days at ARGUS when?
>>
>>83121967
This smells so fucking familiar to sony's situation with spiderman.
>>
>>83121967
How about we don't.
>>
>this ensemble film is getting positive press
>let's split them all up for sequels!
There's the WB I'm used to seeing!
>>
>>83122266
I came here to post this.

>mfw the next step is SS characters appearing in Infinity War
>>
So you know how people were complaining about how the DC movie universe was rushing ahead and people would sarcastically go "What do you want solo movies for all these inconsequential side characters lol"?

Looks like it's happening after all
>>
>>83123566
cool roleplaying bro
>>
>>83123680
It's not really solos though? We already know the Harley one is Gotham City Sirens vs Birds of Prey
>>
DC, what are you doing?

I mean, Harley I can kind of see, but I don't get how you can do a Joker film. Is it just 2 hours of him killing innocent people? And how the hell can you market a Captain Boomerang film?!

Katana I would see cause Asian Girls.
>>
>>83123968
Boomerang would obviously be about that time he got sent to the future and procreated with Bart's mom
>>
Oh DC, of course you would stretch out your most (possible) profitable movie like this. But you ever think that a Joker movie is a STUPID FUCKING IDEA?
>>
>>83121967
>tripfag
>>
>>83122266
I know right?

Like holy fuck, wait for the movie to come out first.
>>
>>83124207
>STUPID FUCKING IDEA

It's not, though.

It should make a gazillion dollary doos, unless of course they fuck it up a la BvS.

On a personal note, I don't want a movie Joker, but you know it's profitable.
>>
File: marvel1.jpg (591KB, 2902x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marvel1.jpg
591KB, 2902x1080px
>>83124313
>>
>>83124366
The idea itself just seems exhausting. 2 hours focusing on this character doing whatever the fuck he wants
>>
This sounds like a fanboy who has no idea of movie planning's idea of how to make a cinematic universe. Just because a character is fun doesn't mean they are capable of holding up an entire 2 hour film on their own. Sure, Harley could be a female ensemble film. But what are you going to do with a Joker film? There is generally a reason why they don't have films about villains marketed to the general public. And Boomerang? Where can you go with that?

I mean, I really don't want to turn this into Marvel vs DC, but at least the MCU has restraint when it builds things. With DC, you started with Superman, but then suddenly jump with Batman v Superman, reducing the impact of the Justice League assembling when the biggest members already meet. That and Superman dying this early and shit. And now you're trying to roll out Justice League before the other members have had their films? And on top of that, all these other films you're piling on?
This is like saying "Rocket Raccoon needs his own film" after GOTG. It just doesn't have that much appeal.

Also, why the fuck hasn't DC started a Teen Titans film yet? It's one of their biggest fucking properties.
>>
>>83123968
Captain Boomerang Takes Down The DC Universe would be the best movie ever made and you know it
>>
File: dance off bro.gif (2MB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
dance off bro.gif
2MB, 500x600px
>>83124427
>>
>>83124366
What the hell is the film going to even be about? The Joker going around killing hundreds of people and maybe getting beaten by Batman at the end?

The only people who would like that film are edgelords who think that everyone deserves to die except themselves.
>>
>>83124532
Marvel had a Black Panther movie slated before he appeared in a movie. There's a Carol Danvers and Inhumans movie planned, and not even comic fans like those characters.
>>
>>83124411
They can do this because they're at Phase 3 and have already acquired their audience worldwide. This kind of schedule is like 10 movies later. You notice nobody was that surprised that Marvel greenlit GOTG3 already which is after Infinity War? Because they've already earned that kind of ability
>>
>>83124411
The difference is that Marvel at least tested the waters before they got to this point. DC is just announcing film after film after two pretty heavily criticized films.

I mean, Dan Ackroyd wants to start a Ghostbusters shared universe. Where can you go with that if you have no ideas to branch from?
>>
Honestly I kind of just want to see DC expand beyond Superman/Batman/WW/JL/SS already. Where's my GL movie? Dark Universe or whatever? Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld?

Aw who am I kidding? I'd really much rather just see the DCEU rebooted by this point. Hopefully now that Snyder's out after JL: Part One, we can see some improvements.
>>
>>83122266
What was that plan again?
Sinister Six get a film
Venom gets a film
Black Cat gets a film
SPider-Man 2099 gets a film
They all team up to fight Carnage?
>>
>>83121967
SSCU may have more legs than the larger DCCU

That's... retarded on all kinds of levels.

And yeah, sounds like Sony and Spiderman. Let's see WB make ONE good movie before they start tossing more shit onto the pile.
>>
>>83124366
>It should make a gazillion dollary doos,
>unless of course they fuck it up a la BvS.
Yeah exactly. Remember when everybody was so sure BvS was gonna do a billion?

And this all hinges on SS actually being good and successful enough to even warrant spinoffs.

On that note by the way, I can't help but notice DCEU has pretty much completely abandoned Superman at this point haven't they? There's more news about Batman and his spinoffs than Supes at this point.
>>
>>83124595
Origin of the Joker movie. Market it like Joker's going to be in it but make it mainly about how he was before he fell into the acid and maybe extend his stint as the Red Hood, and save him actually being the Joker for the end, just like Darth Vader only really put on the suit at the end of episode III but they still used him a bunch for marketing.
>>
>>83124687
Actually I think Marvel is letting them play around with Venom still
>>
>>83124627
Marvel at least had a base. They had established films before trying new properties like GOTG and Ant-Man. Marvel has built up a lot of good will that people are willing to try their other properties.

DC is throwing everything at us at once before it has time to sit. I mean, Wonder Woman works as BvS has hyped her up. But they are already jumping to Justice League and all this other stuff. Why do we need so many Batman centered titles anyways?
>>
>>83124683
>Where's my GL movie?

in 2011
>>
>>83124683
I just want a DC that doesn't hang entirely on Batman.
>>
>>83124735
Well yeah, Superman's dead.
>>
File: 1293772402302.jpg (80KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1293772402302.jpg
80KB, 456x386px
>>83121967
Jesus Christ, it's like these guys don't remember Sony or Fox.
>>
>>83124735
>I can't help but notice DCEU has pretty much completely abandoned Superman at this point haven't they?

After MoS and BvS, the executives must see him as box office poison
>>
>>83124595
Turf wars. Villain vs villain, with no Batman in a relevant role and Joker winning by killing the other villain in the end.
>>
>>83124696
>SSCU may have more legs than the larger DCCU
>That's... retarded on all kinds of levels.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Seems to me that since Batman and street-level DC have always been more popular than most of their other IPs, or at least have been more popular these past 20 years or so, they're focusing on that and making this "SSCU" sort of a microcosm of their greater DCEU as a whole. A sort of shared universe within the shared universe.

Don't know how I feel about that. I'm fine with the SS movies and the Batman movies being interconnected, plus the Gotham Sirens movie or whatever the Harley Quinn movie is supposed to be. I'll even take a Birds of Prey movie. But anything beyond that is just oversaturating that area of the DC universe imo. Shit even that is pushing it.
>>
>>83124790
>Actually I think Marvel is letting them play around with Venom still
That Venom movie is never actually coming out
>>
>>83124806
This. At least with Black Panther the seeds were planted ahead of time, what with the nods to Wakanda and the Vibranium source
>>
>>83124735
well, they did kill him off.
>>
File: 1351045895699.png (27KB, 311x286px) Image search: [Google]
1351045895699.png
27KB, 311x286px
>that green skull
>>
>>83124810
Don't remind me anon. I never actually saw it but I heard it was terrible.

>>83124840
Same. I wish they had the confidence that Marvel Studios has. Too bad WB is run by morons.
>>
>>83124595
Make it a villain movie without a superhero. Hollywood can do those, like a Se7en kind of thing.

Or somebody (military, mercenaries) kidnaps the Joker, then loses him inside his base and he begins to pick them all off (he's just a clown!).

There's a bunch you can do. Just do it right.

>>83124735
>On that note by the way, I can't help but notice DCEU has pretty much completely abandoned Superman at this point haven't they?

Probably for the best.
>>
>>83124950
>Don't remind me anon. I never actually saw it but I heard it was terrible.
It's really not worth it.
>>
>>83124753
That sounds...awful.
>>83124865
It's really amazing that everyone wants to be like Marvel, but aren't looking at what Marvel is doing.
>>
>>83124950
>but I heard it was terrible.
It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. The alien designs were awesome and Oa was gorgeous. It was better than either Thor movie in any case.
>>
>>83124913
With Sony's financial state and with Ghostbusters on the way I wouldnt be surprised. Hell I could see Agent Venom in the MCU before Sony gives it a go
>>
>>83124883
Villains vs. Villains?
Isn't that Suicide Squad?
>>
Harley's movie would probably be 2 hours of lezzing it up with Ivy
>>
>>83124735
>On that note by the way, I can't help but notice DCEU has pretty much completely abandoned Superman at this point haven't they? There's more news about Batman and his spinoffs than Supes at this point.
That is so fucked up. I don't know if that's bad or good considering how badly they've fucked up Superman already. This whole DCEU has been the worst possible execution of a good idea I've seen in years, regarding anything /co/-related.

Here's to hoping that anything that hasn't been touched by Snyder already turns out to be good.

>>83124806
>DC is throwing everything at us at once before it has time to sit. I mean, Wonder Woman works as BvS has hyped her up. But they are already jumping to Justice League and all this other stuff. Why do we need so many Batman centered titles anyways?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: WB has no idea what the fuck they're doing when it comes to translating their IPs to the big screen.
>>
>>83124988
>>It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be
I think it is actually
>>
>>83124950
>>83124979
It's really boring and the protagonist is oddly in the villain role and the villain in the hero role. As in, Hal is sleeping with random girls all the time, gets other people fired for his mistake and then practically kills them in a parking lot and is the chosen one, while the guy who is a teacher and abused by his father turns out to be the villain.

It's really weird.
>>
>>83125108
>Supposed to be a beacon of hope
>Get shafted in all future installments
>>
This shit's why we are never going to get an MoS2
>>
>>83125154
The sad thing is, what Superman represents and what he is as a character, isn't all that different from Captain America. Yet Marvel can make that character work and make it look effortless while DC struggles with one of the biggest icons in the the entire world.
>>
>>83125222
>DC
Why is it that people have such a hard time with the fact that WB and DC are two separate entities?
>>
>>83125219
>live-action Brainiac, never
>still no true live-action Bizarro
>no live-action Mxy ever
>no Parasite, Metallo, Livewire, etc.
>no Supergirl
Fuck this fucking Earth.
>>
>>83125154
It's all because MoS underperformed. If only the audiences understood Snyder's true and perfect vision.

Full of skulls that he collects
>>
>>83125272
Look up above you. I differentiated between the two in an earlier post.
>>
>>83125108
>I've said it before and I'll say it again: WB has no idea what the fuck they're doing when it comes to translating their IPs to the big screen.
I know, I REALLY don't want to turn it into Marvel vs. DC, but...

I think DC is a lot more convoluted in terms of their stories compared to Marvel. I mean, sure, both companies can get pretty absurd with continuity, look at X-Men. But Marvel feels more straight forward. DC had the Golden age heroes, then Silver Age heroes, and all the continuity relaunches and such. Batman and Superman are straight forward, and a lot of the heroes origins are there. But then you get to a deeper level. Some of the most popular Batman stories are somewhat out of canon, like Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns. You have 4 different Robins you could put to the films, but then you'd have Bruce Wayne age terribly when you get to Robin number 3

I'm probably am talking out of my ass, but it just seems like DC's stuff is just harder to translate to screen compared to Marvel's stuff.
>>
>>83125273
But hey! At least you'll have the Joker come back in multiple films, right?! You love the Joker to see him in many more films, right?!
>>
>>83125121
Yeah a lot of people said the same thing. It's just absolutely impossible to feel any sort of sympathy for Hal.

Some review put it best; it said something like "Our hero is a man who crashes fighter jets for a living and sleeps with supermodels. He is then given superpowers."

The only people I know who saw that movie were women who thought Ryan Reynolds was hot.
>>
>>83125315
>I'm probably am talking out of my ass, but it just seems like DC's stuff is just harder to translate to screen compared to Marvel's stuff.
You're talking out of your ass. WB is just super incompetent.

>>83125373
Y-yeah...
>>
>>83125373
>Trying to push DCEU Joker before he's even on screen yet

Do they think we don't know this isn't Heath Ledger?
>>
File: Deadman_001.jpg (280KB, 576x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Deadman_001.jpg
280KB, 576x1348px
I just want a Deadman movie.
>>
>>83125373
>the Joker come back in multiple films,
>the Joker come back in multiple
>the Joker in multiple

Hey! That gives me an idea! GENIUS!
>>
>>83125558
I just want that JLD movie made already, with Guillermo Del Toro back in charge.
>>
>>83125395
My sister who is a MASSIVE Reynolds fan got depressed by this film because she felt so bad for Hector Hammond.
>>
>>83121967
Jesus if SS flops the whiplash from this turnaround will be breaking necks left and right
>>
>>83125315
>but it just seems like DC's stuff is just harder to translate to screen compared to Marvel's stuff

Marvel has never cared about continuity in that way, the Marvel approach is
>does my story contradict a previous story?
>no: keep writing
>yes: fuck it, ignore and keep writing

It's always been like this.
>>
>Yfw the failure of SS results in a collapse with no Aquaman or Flash movies
I want off WB's wild ride
>>
>>83125665
Marvels continuity isnt that bad. The only thing that comes to mind is Tony's PTSD
>>
File: 1398999855487.gif (731KB, 280x160px) Image search: [Google]
1398999855487.gif
731KB, 280x160px
>>83125684
>>
>>83125315
>it just seems like DC's stuff is just harder to translate to screen compared to Marvel's stuff.

Marvel's heroes are more down-to-earth, while DC has Gods, Aliens, and Mortals. And when it came to adapt Thor to the big screen, Marvel changed his origins to be more scientific than mythological lore, in order to fit in with the rest of the Avengers.
>>
>>83125755
>Marvel's heroes are more down-to-earth, while DC has Gods, Aliens, and Mortals.
Just fyi, this really isn't all that true. Maybe it is ONLY if you look at their biggest heroes, but in general, the two universes share way more similarities than differences.

>And when it came to adapt Thor to the big screen, Marvel changed his origins to be more scientific than mythological lore, in order to fit in with the rest of the Avengers.
Not only was this an unnecessary change, but plenty of Thor fans were never all that happy with that and the Thor movies are generally considered to be some of the worst of the MCU. Maybe if they'd actually respected the source material, they could've been something better.
>>
>>83125720
It's not complicated because they just write over what is already written, but you could fill a page with the shit they've done to say, Magneto, or the Summers, or Osborn.

They give no fucks.
>>
>>83125824
>Not only was this an unnecessary change, but plenty of Thor fans were never all that happy with that

Who cares. The general public was happy about it; it fit in with the sci-fi driven Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the Thor films are a commercial success.
>>
>>83122266
trips dubs confirm
>>
>>83125755
>Marvel's heroes are more down-to-earth, while DC has Gods, Aliens, and Mortals.

holy shit fuck off with this load of shit. Tony Stark is Batman with a supersuit. Thor is a literal god. Vision is Martian Manhunter crossed with Amazo. Scarlet Witch is a literal reality warper.

Marvel heroes tend to interact only with other Marvel heroes, while the people are treated as a nebulous blob of dissent. they are quite literally gods above the ignorant masses. DC characters all have their own separate supporting casts and deal with human things like maintaining a household and friends. The only people who use the "DC is Gods pretending to be men" maymay are people who don't read comics.
>>
>>83125953
>Who cares if they're good they make money

typical disneyfriend
>>
>>83125860
Wait are we talking about the movies or comics?
>>
>>83125953
Eh, it also shows a lack of confidence in the source material and I'm not sure if the general public were even happy with it since the Thor movies have never been all that popular either.

Thankfully they seem to be changing their tone for the Dr. Strange movie.
>>
>>83126051
I said writing...
>>
>>83121967
Just do the Rogues starring Boomerang
>>
>>83126081
I misread that, my mistake anon. But yes you are right
>>
>>83125558
Never ever gonna happen. Forget about it.
>>
You know, doing a villain solo movie could be cool but they are definitely using the wrong characters for that route.

Black Adam or Sinestro would be much better fits for solo films, for example.
>>
File: t656.jpg (308KB, 995x672px) Image search: [Google]
t656.jpg
308KB, 995x672px
>>83121967
>spinoffs
>spinoffs
>spinoffs
>>
File: tumblr_njdqig8q4E1rawmemo1_500.png (286KB, 474x452px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njdqig8q4E1rawmemo1_500.png
286KB, 474x452px
>>83126380
>>
>>83125315
But none of that shit matters when you're doing movies. Just take the fucking character and put him on the screen. It's worked with every other property, why would DC's properties be different? Movie going audience doesn't give a fuck about X story that happened Y years ago that was a sequel to Z that lead to A. They just want to see a movie, that's it
>>
>Solo Joker movie

I can think of nothing we need less.
>>
File: 6nxdwqi.jpg (286KB, 1530x1394px) Image search: [Google]
6nxdwqi.jpg
286KB, 1530x1394px
>>83127127
To be fair, it's not like we really needed a Suicide Squad movie, especially not as the third column to found the DCEU upon on.
>>
Why cant villains have movies like they have comic runs?

Because Marvel Studios doesnt do it?
>>
>>83127127
I'd be fine with a Joker moive, because I think a really dark comedy set in a superhero movie universe could be really fun, but since that's what Suicide Squad looks like, this just seems redundant.
>>
ONce again, the Marvel perception clouds DC discussion

Marvel puts out shitty one note villains, so when this idea gets floated around you have idiots saying "wow talk about desperate huh? a movie about shitty one note villains?" because they only perceive shitty one note MARVEL villains

DC villains can actually carry a movie
>>
>>83127719
>DC villains can actually carry a movie
Sure. That's why they put one on every hero's movie.
>>
>>83127719
This is a good argument but then the DCEU has been a trainwreck so far anyway.
>>
>>83127719
>DC villains can actually carry a movie

It's taking 8+ of them to carry one though.
>>
One step forward, two steps back, huh guys?
>>
>>83127719
I agree with you about Marvels villains but with DCEU's Lex its not that much better
>>
>>83127402
It's more like why have a Joker movie when you can just use him as the villain for Batman?

Why a solo Captain Boomerang film when he should be properly used as a member of the rogues in a Flash film?

There are certainly villains in DC who can hold down a solo film, but Joker and Boomer don't spring to mind when discussing the subject.
>>
>>83127719
Yeah, I think it has more to do with the villains they are looking at more than anything. If discussions were being had for solos for like Black Adam or Sinestro /co/ would fucking eat it up.
>>
Crime/Mob film set in Gotham.
>>
>>83121967
Just give me a movie about Hugo Strange and Arkham, exploring the inmates' treatments, their psychosis and delving into what makes them what thy are.

I don't care about Suicide Squad.
>>
>>83129833
>One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in Arkham
>Jack Nicholson and Danny Devito reprise their roles as Joker and Penguin. Christopher Lloyd is riddler.
>>
man way to like miss the point. Suicide Squad is about the c and lower listers
>>
>>83128325
But Marvel literally has no villains. And not just their movies. Why do you think that all Marvel events (which are 90% of all Marvel books) are hero vs. hero shit?
>>
>>83124687
Don't forget spiderman vs amazing spiderman.

Fuck I can understand sony having idiotic ideas and being desperate to have a shared universe but DC? shit has vigilantes, gods,demons, aliens, etc. What went so wrong?
>>
File: 1407128283725.png (266KB, 455x481px) Image search: [Google]
1407128283725.png
266KB, 455x481px
>>83130375
>>
so basically mcu revolves around heroes and dceu will revolve around villians
there's some pottery here
>>
just
give
me
Blue
and
Gold
>>
>>83127364
what were the first two?
>>
File: 1432745384885.jpg (42KB, 669x746px) Image search: [Google]
1432745384885.jpg
42KB, 669x746px
if they go along this route
can they arrange a Punisher Kills DC Villian's?
>>
>>83128249
>The Rock as Black Adam getting his own trilogy
I-I'll watch it
>>
>>83122266
Probably have the same kinda emails projecting a 2 Billion box office.
>>
>>83121967
Eggs. Basket.
>>
>>83121967

>Captain Boomerang movie

BASED DC
>>
>>83132333
And they still don't know what they are going to do with the basket nor what to make when they get them home.
>>
>>83126004
Marvel started the trend of superheroes being more like real people with Fantastic Four though
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.