[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a 'the writers have never done psychadeli

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 18

File: brian mushrooms.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
brian mushrooms.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>It's a 'the writers have never done psychadelics' episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YusJzqw4Gt0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Vby5Ebzn0
>>
Yeah. Somehow I think Seth McFarlane has confused DTs with a psychedelic trip. Although I DO love how Meg stands up for herself and tells everybody what's wrong with them.
>>
>>83011637
Yeah, but I will have to say I liked that FG sequence more than anything they've done in almost a decade.
>>
To be fair an accurate trip probably wouldn't be as interesting to draw.
>>
>>83012218
This
>>
>>83011637
Video one is about 75% faithful to my last experience with shroomies.
>>
>>83012350
Actually scratch that, video one is more like Salvia
>>
>>83011781

and then accepts her role as the house bitch and tells everyone she was wrong so they can shit on her constantly like before?
>>
>>83012350
Care to elaborate on your experience, anon? Sounds interesting.

>>83011781
To be fair, at that point in the show's history Seth was just in it to voice and collect his producer money. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a fair amount of different drugs. He definitely smokes weed.
>>
File: 1450990654172.png (597KB, 640x622px) Image search: [Google]
1450990654172.png
597KB, 640x622px
>>83011637

>character smokes weed
>"AAAAAAAAAAAA CRAZY SHIT IS HAPPENING MAN OH MY FUCKING JESUS I'M HALLUCINATING I'M LOSING MY MIND

where does this even come from?
>>
The scene where Peter is being roasted to death is the only time I've ever been discomforted by Family Guy gore.
>>
>>83012687
People think all drugs do the same thing
>>
DUDE
>>
>>83011781
Why do people assume Seth still has any involvement with the show other than voice acting?
>>
>>83012687
Reefer Madness
OR
They care about making wacky drugtrips rather than just watching a guy just be pretty calm.
>>
>>83012687
To be fair, a lot of people do admit themselves to hospital after trying weed for the first time and thinking that they might be dying.

Obviously, they're not in any danger but weed can be quite psychadelic (though not usually visual).

The thing with weed is that it's usually either really undersold as being something that makes you a little more relaxed or totally oversold like it's fucking acid.

>>83012750
SETH ROGEN LMAO
>>
>>83012687
I think it's more of joke about shit like reefer madness and all that.
>>
File: George_W_Bush_Monkey.jpg (16KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
George_W_Bush_Monkey.jpg
16KB, 400x271px
>>83011637
>Homer's comment about blowing smoke in the President's "stupid monkey face"

That just sounds racist if you don't know which President he's talking about.
>>
>>83012731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azf320JDdqU
>>
>>83012687
Nixon era propaganga that tried to make it seem like its as intense as LSD.
Which by all accounts is not as insane as the media would have you believe.
I've never tried it, but I'm sure you don't enter another dimension.
>>
>>83013147
As someone who's tried both weed and some psychedelics, I'd say that they're both less crazy and more crazy than most media puts forward.

Psychedelics especially are less visual and hallucinatory than they're portrayed, but I understand why films and tv shows portray them like that; it's difficult to visually show how profoundly they alter one's state of mind during the trip.
>>
I always tend to give Simpsons some slack, they're playing off of pop culture expectations, so there's an obligatory psychedelic episode.

In most of the clip Homer just has a reason to act all huge and obnoxious and weed is just an outlet for that.

I can't speak for anything else though. I've had people describe shrooms, salvia, DT and other things as either mellow or intense trips. I've only done something psychoactive once, and I can only remember feeling nauseous and getting sick while watching Fear and Loathing (but then again we'd gotten piss drunk and high before doing them).
>>
>It's a 'writers lie about the benefits of weed' episode
>>
File: 1461968806686.jpg (300KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461968806686.jpg
300KB, 1000x1000px
>It's a "main character learns the evils of marijuana" episode
>>
>>83013326
>getting drunk before doing psychadelics

for what purpose anon

>>83013369
I smoke weed but yeah, Family Guy gets obnoxious with how much it rides weed sometimes.

Especially seeing as those episodes still lean on stoner stereotypes.
>>
>>83013369

what were the lies
>>
File: 1440287074076.jpg (8KB, 257x253px) Image search: [Google]
1440287074076.jpg
8KB, 257x253px
>>83013369
>People think weed is 100% harmless

If I were to smoke weed, I would literally go insane because it has been documented to clash horribly with the medication I take. I know from personal experience.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>have done lad and acid
>it's not even close to as bad as the one time I had sleep paralysis

Seriously, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
>>
>>83013725
Well obviously.

People take acid because they know that it's common to have a good time on it.

I've never heard of someone enjoying sleep paralysis.
>>
>>83013490
>for what purpose
it's called being cross-faded
>>
>>83013490
I'll admit I can't fucking stand Seth Rogen/Judd Apatow and Seth MacFarlane's depictions of weed.

The remade Refer Madness is ironic, so that's okay, but those guys are playing in to this stoner bro attitude which is two degrees greater than insufferable.
>>
>>83013855
No, in our case it was just being stupid.
>>
>>83012687
Loved how King of the Hill subverted that with Hank freaking out after he accidentally took a puff of marijuana.
>>
>>83012218
Could you even draw it at all?
>>
>>83013991
You could, but the thing is most of the visual elements of normal doses of acid/mushrooms are already used for weed.

Really, a good rule of thumb is that films/tv shows treat weed like acid and acid like DMT.
>>
This is the only accurate portrayal of drug use I've seen in animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTdzGtu3yA
>>
>Dude what kind of drugs where they smoking when they created this!?!? XDD
it's kind of sad people think you need any sort of drug to come up with insane things.
I blame all the ritalin children
>>
>>83011637
A lot of the type it's dramatized for the audience.

The only thing that they got right in that Family Guy clips was the beginning of his trip where he's coming on and he's looking down at his hands. Otherwise, yeah.

That scene in the Hellscape was kind of cool, though.
>>
>>83014317
A lot of the time*
>>
I assume cartoons just want an excuse to go crazy rather than promote misinformation.

I've never done drugs. Are there any actually accurate depictions in cartoons or comics?
>>
>>83011637
That might have been the most visually interesting thing in Family Guy history.
>>
>>83014569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-J6cJljOiI
>>
>>83013587
DUDE U WOULDNT NEED THE MEDICATION IF U TOKED UP

DUDE BIG PHRAMA DUDE THEIR EVIL DUDE WEED IS FROM THE EARTH ITS LEGAL NOW DUDE
>>
>>83012687
When you were a teenager did you ever give a friend non-alcoholic beer without telling them, and they start faking being drunk really bad?

People do that same shit with pot.

Shit, there was some retarded reporter who tried pot browning for the first time like a year ago, and ended up calling an ambulance because she thought she was going to die.
>>
>>83013587
What medication do you take, my dude?

I'm very pro-legalization (for more than just weed) but I think that people really need educating on these substances before they take them so they can make informed decisions.
>>
>>83011637
>its a Seth McFarlane jacks himself off episode
>>
>>83014569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rks2_ctHuDQ

The ending is a referral to stoner comedy movies that end in a wacky and surreal manner. But most of the drug trip part is pretty accurate.
>>
Why do stoners claim that weed makes you chill when stoners that are short on it are some of the most irritable and insufferable people around?
>>
>>83014826
Same happens with "ecstasy" pills that end up basically being sugar pills (if they are lucky).
>>
>>83014569
>Are there any actually accurate depictions in cartoons or comics?

It's not explicit, but when they're just hanging around Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show are basically just stoners.

>>83015420
It does, but you're probably talking to people who make their entire identity about weed.

A lot of people who you would have never thought smoked weed probably do, anon.
>>
>>83014254
To be fair, a lot of drugs are shown to increase creativity.

At the same time, it is a shit mentality to assume that anything beyond the mainstream necessitates drug use. Some people are just imaginative.
>>
>>83013725
I've never done drugs, but I've experienced Sleep Paralysis and Lucid Nightmares. I had the latter pretty frequently as a kid.
>>
>It's a "character loses his mom and best friend to drugs" episode
>>
>>83014246

we've all been there my friend
>>
File: latest[2].png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
1MB, 1600x900px
>its a "sleep deprivation causes extreme psychedelic effects" episode
>>
>>83017045
>It's an 'candy as a metaphor for alcohol episode'
to be honest this is probably the most accurate depiction of drunkenness I've seen in a cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIPVyH5ABww
>>
>>83013991

The trails and the odd spiraling shapes maybe. The sudden awareness that your perception of the world, and fundamental sense of self are physical in nature, and can be altered by a simple chemical in a way that is fundamentally incompatible with your previously understood sense of self, maybe not.
>>
>>83013947

I'M JAZZED UP, IT'S AN EFFECT OF THE MARIJUANA POISONING
>>
>>83016929
Like that Captain Planet episode.
>>
>>83011637
>Writers make he characters have an insane bad trip because lol drugs plot
>Addicts get butthurt about the realism in cartoons and stories not being accurate about which drugs do what, despite the fact that 98% of the people in the audience don't actually give a shit
>>
>>83018750
>>it's a "shitter is 3 hours too late" post
>>
>>83017045

It actually does cause hallucinations, but not until you've been up for like two days straight.
>>
>>83013077
Both bush and Obama are drawn looking like monkeys. I'm sad that this trend probably won't continue with Hillary or Trump. Bernie maybe.
>>
>>83019169
I can't say I've ever had hallucinations, but surely "up for 60 hours" hallucinations are pretty mild, right? So it'd be less 'everything is a lava lamp' and more 'i swear I just saw something'?
>>
>>83016291
You don't need drugs to be creative or have a good time.

But they really help a lot
>>
>>83016929
Why are his mom and best friend doing drugs together?
>>
>>83014254
OK, but the "What were they on?" thing is almost never serious...
>>
>>83018847
>it's a "meaningless ad hominem that wouldn't make any damn sense even if it were somehow valid as a retort" post
I'm not even the guy you replied to, but that's an incredibly fucking pathetic thing to say.
>>
>>83019422
I was up for two days once and I started seing red everywhere. The main things I remember were a red Dr Seuss-like tree that I couldn't figure out if it was real or not since it was the first thing I hallucinated, and also this tile floor that had previously been grey now had a fuckton of red speckles all over it.

I'm glad my phone now knows how to correctly spell fuckton.
>>
>>83019857
>red speckles
I see those after extensive periods of being awake too.
>>
>>83013490
>>getting drunk before doing psychadelics
>for what purpose anon
The best drug combination is getting wasted, dropping a tab of acid, waiting for it to kick in, smoking a bunch of weed, drinking more and then doing cocaine. At least in my opinion. You feel amazing but aren't that fucked up in comparison to candy flipping or even just getting really really drunk
>>
>>83019777
It's a lame joke, anyway.
>>
File: Rectank of the Hull.gif (566KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rectank of the Hull.gif
566KB, 300x300px
Alright. Is there any cartoon where you see the effects of a mushroom intake for a berserker?
>>
>>83012687
i remember getting a contact high from a christmas party and i was giggling my ass off while playing gtav during this part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_Rww70fWE
>>
>>83019422
I was awake for a couple days without any sleep and I mostly just got really agitated and alert, and I'd see movement out of the corner of my eyes or imaginary shadows in my peripheral vision.
>>
>>83013491
too much of anything is bad, that bag is extremley expensive and has consequences if found by anyone opposed to it.

Also you can smoke it all you want but it will eventually get the better of you, its a risk like everything.
>>
>>83021600
I've stayed up for over seventy hours a couple times and the auditory hallucinations are the worst part.
>>
>>83012687
Average americans only have two drugs in mind: cocaine and company.
>>
>>83016775
If drug addicts learned how to lucid dream they'd replace drugs with lucid dreams. They'd still be addicts, though.
>>
>>83012687
>Smoke weed with college roommate
>Wind up watching some Marvel movies and ordering pizza
Pretty normal stuff

>Friend gets 'drunk' at a party
>Claims to be seeing purple elephants
That's when we found out he'd never had alcohol before, and further that he was afraid to drink anymore than a sip of beer.
>>
File: ss (2016-05-16 at 02.34.41).jpg (17KB, 173x228px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-16 at 02.34.41).jpg
17KB, 173x228px
>>83019849
You need to stop being so mad.
>>
>>83018847
It was still on the front page
At least someone responded
>>
>>83013147
I'm from Washington so I feel safe in saying that in all my experiences with pot the most extreme feeling I've gotten is really sleepy.

I get more mental alteration with two shots of whiskey, because at least that makes you respond different emotionally.
>>
File: TrumpIcecreams-1024x380.jpg (98KB, 1024x380px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpIcecreams-1024x380.jpg
98KB, 1024x380px
>>83019372
Trump looks like an Orangutan, Hillary looks like a Japanese macaque, and for Bernie...if you want Jew joke I could say Proboscis Monkey, but he actually looks like a Crab-eating macaque.
>>
>>83023403
Wait, what's eating muh cock?
>>
>>83023403
Don't try to kid me mancub.
I made a deal with you, and what I desire is to build that wall higher to make my dream come true.
>>
>>83023403
>watching Bill Maher

Found the faggot.
>>
File: cover.jpg (909KB, 2250x2250px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
909KB, 2250x2250px
>>83020542

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxR-oKkwJLI
>>
>>83012890
Because the average /co/tard would rather complain about shit they don't know dick about than actually do 5 minutes of research.
>>
>>83019623
Drugs are however correlated with some of the most creative people in history
>>
>>83014755
Fucking had a guy like this in college who kept harassing me with all that bullshit. I take antidepressants, so he would go on and on about the virtues of marijuanna. Explained to him I didn't like weed because it made me more anxious and even triggered a panic attack. "Nah, anon, you just need to try my shit."
Glad he wasn't in my next semester
>>
Man, I just giggle a lot, space out, and get sleepy when I smoke weed.

I'd like to try shrooms though.
>>
As someone who's never tried any drugs outside of hard liquor, I have to ask what weed makes you feel like?

I've heard some people say it feels just like getting drunk, it makes you sleepy, or it makes you very alert.
>>
>>83016775
Are lucid nightmares when you scream yourself awake? Because I've done that.
>>
>>83027939
Yeah but all those famous writers and artists used cocaine or LSD, that's a little more advanced than smoking a joint.
>>
>>83028376
There's two different strains.

Indica has more of a lazy don't wanna do anything feel.

Sativa will make you giggle at the dumbest shit.
>>
>>83017643
I'M TOO HIGH TO DRIVE
>>
>>83013725
>sleep paralysis
Fuck I hate that shit, claustrophobia personified. Only had it 3-4 times in my life, once because I took valeran(I think that's how it's spelled?) to go to sleep, some over-the-counter muscle relaxant.
First time was the strongest effect of course, a few hours in I woke up paralized, and if my nightmare-side had a sense of humor there'd have been [menacing] kanji floating from near my closet since it seemed like there was something vaguely there. I snapped into lucidity, snapped my eyes shut, and tried to make it a good experience. Almost got dream-laid, couldn't focus hard enough to "render" anything stable, woke up and chuckled that I went from terrified to trying to have dream sex in like 20 seconds.
>>83016775
>lucid nightmares
A nightmare you're aware you're in?
I assume you lack control though.
Jesus Christ, that's terrifying. Is their a reason you got them so much?
>>
>>83017045
Paranoia opens many doors, anon. And sleep deprivation gives no small rations of paranoia after a while. Especially once you start seeing shit scurry away in your periferal vision. Fucking subconscious.
>>
>>83011637
Is that the Telvanni mushroom city from Morrowind?
>>
>>83019169
Never seen such a thing and I've pulled some pretty fucking long ones

It's mostly just a headache that doesn't allow me to focus on anything, usually
>>
File: 1463317764377.png (420KB, 576x792px) Image search: [Google]
1463317764377.png
420KB, 576x792px
>its an episode about doing a drug to hang with the cool kids
>moral is for people to like you just be yourself, dont do drugs kids!

Ok fine, you're not cool though
>>
>>83029855
>Do a drug/smoke to impress love interest
>suddenly loose interest in said person because drugs aint cool
>you never got a chance to tap that though
>>
I remember back in the 90s alot of "drinking is bad" PSAs. Is that Still a thing?
I've seen dont drink and drive but i dont see much about drinking alcohol is bad, i have seen a ton of those dont smoke commercials that are cringe as fuck and just seem at this point like a money laundry scheme, people know now a days smoking is bad and they still do it, just like eating alot of sugar makes ya fat and people do it anyways.
What about Sex and practicing safety or abstinence (heh)?
>>
>>83027939
I doubt that it's causative, though. Creativity breeds willingness to experiment.
>>
Fug
>>
>It smells like the art teachers office..

Haha simpsons always make jokes about artists.
>>
>>83011637
Okay. So would you rather that an accurate portrayal of drug usage is shown on screen? Because that'd be boring as shit to watch and turn off like 90% of viewers.

Saying "Hurr the writers haven't done drugs" is fucking stupid when drug usage doesn't translate directly to a visual medium in an interesting fashion, and the writers live in California, so they probably actually have access to way better drugs than your wanky little whore ass does.

Seriously, what, do you suck dick down by the gas station for meth? Buy cold meds from the store in bulk? Please, grow the fuck up, these are real people with enough money and friends to get real people drugs.
>>
>>83029982

I see a lot of "don't drink and drive" PSAs, and ones aimed at parents saying not to buy beer for underaged parties, but that's it.
>>
>>83013587
Well, those people are fucking stupid. *Water* isn't 100% harmless.

But you're still more likely to overdose on water than weed, conflicts with fucky ass brain meds aside. Let me guess, schizo?

>>83014254
Gee, twenty fucking years of artists that with astounding regularity directly attributed their creative works to the drugs they'd done certainly couldn't have spread that meme in the wider populace, could it? No, it surely just has to be idiots and "ritalin children." Fuck's sake, learn your media history, child.

>>83015420
...Gee, maybe the people who are looking for a substance to make them "chill" and "relaxed" are not that way naturally. In fact, maybe that's why they went looking for the fucking substance in the first place!

>>83018750
...You'd be amazed how many folks have done drugs, omae.

>>83019422
Actually, sleep dep hallucinations are fundamentally different from psychedelic drug hallucinations. I'd say I've gotten more visual hallucinations from sleep dep over the years. Psychedelics fundamentally alter your sense of self for a while.

>>83021724
Y'know, both of your specific objections are bullshit in Colorado. It's wonderful. And really does make me point to water again.

>>83021944
I only ever got people mumbling my name. What auditory hallucinations are you talking about?

>>83022577
Nope. Can do both, use both tools for different tasks. I love how straight edge crybabies think they know shit from shinola.

>>83027735
As this thread has proven, yes.

>>83028376
That depends strongly on the strain, to the point that >>83028315's friend might not totally have been full of shit. Especially since high CBD strains very rarely cause panic attacks.

>>83030032
I have to wonder if positive experiences from experimentation don't reinforce the desire, though.
>>
>>83021600
tfw when i have that all the time.
>>
File: 1463792516032.jpg (555KB, 933x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1463792516032.jpg
555KB, 933x1024px
>all these baby druggos
I've done Ayahuasca and will never do any kind of drug again.
>>
>>83031351
>Because that'd be boring as shit to watch and turn off like 90% of viewers

Good.
>>
>>83011637
I want the Wizard, the skull will just freak me out.
>>
>>83032042
Cry more about how drugs are bad, baby. I'll smoke another joint in public for you. It's legal here.
>>
File: 2900938.jpg (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2900938.jpg
2MB, 1440x900px
>>83014176
But what do they treat DMT like?
>>
>>83028354
Just don't let it go up your nose like my Dad did.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.