[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw Civil War. Did I completely misunderstand this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 10

File: Zemo.jpg (179KB, 1611x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zemo.jpg
179KB, 1611x1000px
I just saw Civil War. Did I completely misunderstand this character? I thought he was just a normal dude with no special skills or anything, but he somehow manipulates everyone and causes things to happen that he couldn't possibly control. Am I wrong? And didn't Tony know that Bucky was mind controlled during the assassination?
>>
>>82792341
>I thought he was just a normal dude with no special skills or anything
He was a former special forces operative.
>>
>>82792341
He was a part of a Sokovian death squad before Age of Ultron and (if I recall correctly) is tied to the Sokovian royal bloodline. Him referring to Sokovia as a failed state even before AoS was interesting.

I hope he returns as a Dr. Doom type character, since Sokovia could very well be the MCU's Latveria onwards.
>>
>>82792341
yeah tony is just fucking retarded
>>
>And didn't Tony know that Bucky was mind controlled during the assassination?
People tend to be less rational when it comes to the bludgeoned execution of their parents.
>>
He was ex-Sokovian special forces, so he had skills, intel, and resources that were useful in accomplishing his plan.

And Tony knew, it was a heat of the moment type of thing where the revelation on top of all the stress and parental issues just boiled over and caused him to momentary snap in boiled rage.
>>
>>82792501
I don't know, man. As far as excuses go, "I was mind controlled by Nazi scientists" is a pretty good one.
>>
>>82792501

Thas was pretty weak, Tony even says outloud ''his plan was to make us fight each other''
>>
>>82792341
His special power is shitty writing
>>
>>82792341
It's not really Civil War without the heroes talking their hourly stupid pills.
>>
>>82792341

This is such a bewildering complaint and the fact that it keeps popping on up /co/ and /tv/ suggests to me that both places are full of people who are either autistic or who have bad relationships with their parents.

He didn't care that Bucky was mind controlled, all he cared about was that he just watched his mother being murdered by the man standing next to him. His actions following that were purely emotional, not rational.
>>
>>82792341

Zemo was written by Greg Weisman.

And Tony is on his way to becoming a villain so after selling out his friends because of the times he fucked up, he decided to not care about the villain mastermind and tried to kill his allies instead. And we're not even talking a minor scuffle of rage. Tony spent the rest of that movie fighting Bucky and Cap as Zemo almost got away.
>>
>>82792341
>he somehow manipulates everyone and causes things to happen that he couldn't possibly control
he spent years studying the avengers to figure out the perfect carrots and sticks to manipulate them
>>
>>82792341
>Am I wrong?

uh no

and he pretty much achieved what he wanted to, or, what he could achieve to his extent, which mainly amounted to letting the superheroes realize the truth about themselves, and how much ass they suck in terms of not giving a fuck about collateral damage and/ or that the humongous conflicts that they fight in is really because of their own fault
>>
but did his plan fail?
>>
>>82792610
>I was mind controlled by Nazi scientists
Hydra scientists.
>>
>tfw Zemo is in the custody of "Thunderbolt" Ross
>>
>>82793129
>years
He spent a single year. He even said so in the movie.
>>
So what was the "mission report" exactly? The video of Bucky killing the Starks and taking the serum? Because I find it odd that it wasn't in the HYDRA file dump in the first place.
>>
File: 1453440868707.jpg (68KB, 498x383px) Image search: [Google]
1453440868707.jpg
68KB, 498x383px
Well, he's not just "some guy" he was part of some Sokovian Death Squad. Either way, I find the fact that he's just one man to be very compelling as a story.

He also didn't plot out for every single thing to happen. He adapted the plan as the situation developed and changed.

They literally have this in dialogue

Something along the lines of

>That wasn't him, Tony. It was HYDRA.
>I don't care. He killed my Mom

If you have just watched your own parents very brutally murdered by a man that is already a very controversial subject that you've been fighting to bring into justice, especially after all the emotional torment Tony has gone through leading up to and during the film, you might just snap like he did. It was an emotional outburst.

It's not massively complicated.
>>
>>82794841
Video was never digitized, so he needed to track down the tape itself.
>>
So the Winter Soldier program(outside of Bucky) was considered a failure right?
>>
>>82794669
To be fair, even though it's a short amount of time, he did have virtually all the available information from Black Widow's SHIELD leak
>>
>>82794942
This.
It is a point that most people didn't understand: the only copy of that video is in the bunker, so Zemo needed Tony to be there to see it( Steve and Bucky also being there was just a bonus)
>>
File: Zemo art.jpg (81KB, 582x828px) Image search: [Google]
Zemo art.jpg
81KB, 582x828px
Im excited to see his tranformation
>>
File: civil_war.gif (1MB, 281x151px) Image search: [Google]
civil_war.gif
1MB, 281x151px
>>82794631
Didn't T'Challa take him back to Wakanada because he murdered their former king?
>tfw Zemo causes a fracture in Wakanada's people that causes them to question and even oppose T'Challa, letting Zemo escape
>>
>>82792484
>Sokovia could very well be the MCU's Latveria onwards.
I think that might be Marvel's plan should they get the film rights back
>>
You're all missing the point of the question: how didn't Tony know he was mind controlled before the parents video? Everyone involved in TWS knows including Black Widow who was on Tony's team.
>>
>>82795098
I think at that point Stark just didn't care, to him Bucky is responsible for turning cap into a criminal, splitting up the Avengers and now he has ro watch him beat his father to death and then choke the life out of his mother? Stark isn't that great at keeping his emotions in check.
>>
>>82795075
No Zemo is currently charged by several different nations, hell he may be moved to The Raft at some point. Also T'Challa may have handed him over to the U.N because of his shift from vengeance to justice. His people would have asked for blood
>>
>>82795098
>>82795159
All it takes is one bad dayto reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.
>>
>>82795244
Wrong universe.
>>
>>82795179
>No Zemo is currently charged by several different nations, hell he may be moved to The Raft at some point
I could see him working Ross into forming the Thunderbolts team, all the while figuring out how to escape, and what better way then to be welcomed out by a high ranking military officer? I'd be okay with this.
> Also T'Challa may have handed him over to the U.N because of his shift from vengeance to justice. His people would have asked for blood
I really hope that this makes his people sort of turn their back on him in his movie, I really want to see him trying to hold his kingdom togeather while trying to live up to being King and the Panther
>>
>>82792901
If people on 4chan understood how emotions worked, there would be no /r9k/.

>>82795098
Why would he think that?

In Cap 2 that movie is about finding bucky and breaking him away from his controllers. However he escapes before anyone can give a medical check up.

From an impartial standpoint, Bucky by time of 3 seems to be in hidding but potentially deranged from his past experiences. Due to the downfall of Hydra and their active hunts, they would have no reason to suspect him being captured and reprogrammed again.

What I find interesting is how Steve willfully denied the fact Bucky killed Tony's Dad. During the whole underground Bunker bit in 2, it was painfully obvious that the computer was alluding to Bucky as killing Howard.
>>
>>82795244
This right here
>>
Call me stupid, but how did Cap find out it was Bucky who killed the Starks?
>>
>>82795392
Likely in the file BW gives him at the end of WS. But he claims not to have known that it was Bucky, just that Hydra had done it.

He almost certainly suspected.
>>
>>82795392
Arnim Zola showed him in WS.
>>
>>82795392
The folder Natasha left Steve at the end of the last movie. Also Zola's speech showed the Winter Soldier with the article about Howard.
>>82795438
Could've been lying, given the way Tony thought he was full of shit and pressed him.
>>
>>82792610

It has nothing to do with rationality

This is something I think a lot of people are missing. Imagine you lost your parents in an accident suddenly and it messed you up for a long time because of the circumstances when you last spoke to them, leaving you feeling guilty and remorseful.

Now imagine you watched a video showing it wasn't an accident, it was a murder. A brutal murder. You watched someone beat your father's head in, and snap your mother's neck.

And that guy is now standing right next to you.
>>
>>82795489
What I'm wondering is why HYDRA didn't give him a mask for that mission like they would always do, or why he didn't have gloves or use his metal arm to avoid leaving fingerprints.
>>
File: arnimzola.gif (34KB, 197x316px) Image search: [Google]
arnimzola.gif
34KB, 197x316px
>>82795445
Think we'll ever get this, or was the bunker computer the closest we're getting?
>>
>>82795489
>snap your mum's neck
That wouldn't have been as bad, instead Bucky just clamped that metal fist around her throat and choked her to death. That's fucked.
>>
>>82795541
Its not hard to write him back in, its whether Marvel wants to use him again. Personally I would love to see him again, maybe even Zemo recovers his mind. After all, I find it hard to believe that Zola would throw his life away so easily after such much effort preserving it. He had to of backed up or upgraded at some point
>>
>>82792341
He kept adapting his plan, his whole thing was trying to get to the 5 super soldiers and the data archive in the Winter Soldier Stronghold.

The fact that Stark came to him was a fortunate coincidence, since he was probably going to use that tape to make Stark hate on Bucky.
>>
>>82795541
>Think we'll ever get this, or was the bunker computer the closest we're getting?
They thought about having him climb out of the rubble like that, but decided against it as the film wasn't about him. He clearly isn't dead and must have been updated to modern computer hardware by now.
>>
>>82795562
He didn't even use his metal arm to choke her.
>>
>>82795562
Pretty sure he broke her neck. The scene was over far too quickly, and it wouldn't have looked like an accident with hand shaped bruises on her neck.
>>
>>82795618
>yfw Zola is the one to break Zemo out
>>
>>82795705
Why would he? Zemo hates HYDRA just as much as he hates the Avengers
>>
>>82795705
>>yfw Zola is the one to break Zemo out
I could see Zola and Zemo treat each other as intellectual equals. Or even have Zola under-estimating Zemo and treat him like a meathead, and causing Zemo to resent hiim.
>>
>>82795730
>Why would he? Zemo hates HYDRA just as much as he hates the Avengers
Zemo is an opportunist. He would work with anyone if you give him a good reason to.
>>
>>82795730
>>82795777
He could use Zola of course, or perhaps Zola ditches HYDRA considering its on its last legs
>>
>>82795098
Tony literally screams in Caps face "I DONT CARE HE KILLED MY MOM", when Cap tells him it was Hydra.
>>
>>82795075
Zemo is in the custody of the German goverment at the end of the movie, in the same place where they had Bucky.
>>
>>82795093

Nah. Once they get back the F4 rights, they do a movie where the plot is that neighboring Latveria has invaded Sokovia covertly, Russia/Ukraine style, in order to take it over and "improve" it.
>>
>>82795822
Zola definitely seems like an opportunist. He only joined up with Hydra because Red Skull would have zapped him otherwise, and his crowning achievement working for SHIELD/HYDRA was covering his own ass with a brain backup.

If he came back, the most involvement with Hydra he'd take would be rebuilding it with himself as leader, or fucking off to South America to do evil stuff without Avenger interference.

It'd be pretty funny if he brought Hydra back with himself as the boss only for Cosmic Red Skull to come back and put the little bitch in his place.
>>
"Cap was right" image vector when?
>>
File: muh-family.jpg (56KB, 430x640px) Image search: [Google]
muh-family.jpg
56KB, 430x640px
I need a Captain America edit of this all about "Muh Buck"
>>
>>82792712
>>82792610
When you have an awful day regretting world splitting decisions that involve your ineptitude, the deaths of innocents, the degradation of all of your work and family and seeing your parents on tape brutally getting their faces smashed in and choked to death then I don't think that's pretty weak at all.

Stark is prone to emotional outrage and this was the final logical outcome for him.

You don't think straight when you see all that shit in front of you. You just don't give a fuck. Remember this is the same type of character that drinks himself into a stupor when he's prone to depression.
>>
>>82795179
God this reeks of a thunderbolts setup if Suicide squad does well.

You just know Disney is sitting on the button waiting to see if people like it.
>>
>>82795067
Everything he needs to be full on Zemo is there. He just needs to oust all the emo-ness out and I damn well hope he brings in The Thunderbolts with Moonstone and Songbird in the future.

Zemo is the closest thing to Doom they have and not as much of a Gary Stu either.
>>
>>82796331
I'm no fanboy, but I honestly don't think Disney cares of Suicide Squad does well. If they want a Thunderbolts movie they'll do it anyways. Think, Disney/Marvel have been taking risks on all of these other movies, and have remained fairly successful in doing so.
>>
>>82795985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y05e_HHw-f8
>>
>>82792341
>I thought he was just a normal dude with no special skills or anything

He had experience and patience. A man can do anything if he has these things.
>>
>>82796850
There is no way in hell Fan4stic2 is still a thing. It would be a nightmare to be involved in and Michel B just joined Black Panther
>>
>>82797036
Who the fuck would even direct it?
Singer?
>>
>>82797036
Yeah, it's never getting made. Even the actors have publicly shit on it at this point. 0% chance of a sequel.

I'd say there's about a 90% chance that Marvel gets the rights back in some capacity in the next few years, if they're not already negotiating it. (Reserving a 10% chance that Fox will just reboot it out of spite in 8 years or so)

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Fox has already pushed for a Sony Spider-Man deal, but Marvel turned them down, knowing they can hold off for a full rights purchase. I mean, Sony fucked up with Spidey, but it was still a huge property. Fantastic Four is next to worthless at this point.
>>
>>82792341

He was boring as fuck. Where was the purple mask??
>>
>>82792341
He's a master ruseman.
That's his superpower.
>>
>>82797233
Heres the thing, FOX was hesitant to make a deal because of the embarrassment of losing Daredevil (which Marvel did wonders for) and getting fucked over like Sony did with the Spider Man franchise, because despite what Sony tries to spin theyre literally collecting a paycheck and have zero input. Now fast forward to today, FOX is scrapping by with XMen and their only marketable superhero is Deadpool, an IP they didnt even want. They can either fork over the F4 rights so they can devote more effort into the other franchise, or they can eat the shit sandwich so Marvel cant flip F4 like Daredevil. However something needs to me in the works for that to happen, and I dont see FOX pouring more money into the Trankwreck
>>
>>82795855
This. It was simply rage.
>>
>>82797383
>getting fucked over like Sony did with the Spider Man franchise, because despite what Sony tries to spin theyre literally collecting a paycheck and have zero input.
>muh input
Yeah, they got real fucked by all that easy money
>>
>>82797497
I meant in the long run. Sure its easy money, but Marvel is raking in the majority. Spider Man is the golden goose of Marvel Comics more or less, and Sony could have made a mint
>>
>>82792341
>normal dude with no special skills
>didn't Tony know that Bucky was mind controlled during the assassination
Did you pass out at Zemo's background and "I don't care. He killed my mom."?
>>
he released the picture of the dead scientist in his hotel room to lure tony to the same place that cap was going

I thought it made perfect sense? am I missing something
>>
>>82792341
Zemo is cute.CUTE
>>
>>82792901
Yeah, I'd be pissed, and I'd.direct that anger at the Nazi scientists who ordered their murder and maybe the asshole who tried to manipulated with their murder.
>>
Howd they get cameras right where Bucky attacked the Starks?
>>
>>82792501
This. I'm not saying what Tony did was justified, but I'd likely have the same reaction if I watched a video of the guy I'm standing next to kill my parents
>>
>>82796243
And his best friend got crippled for life too, remember.

All in all, wouldn't be surprised if Tony drives back into alcoholism.
>>
>>82795669
yeah he used his dick instead :^)
>>
>>82795489
I'm not going to lie to myself like most anons do, if I was in Iron Man's shoes I would have done the exact same thing. Winter Soldier's ass would be mine and Captain America trying to protect Bucky would piss me off even more. I wouldn't care if he was mind controlled, since I can't kill the ones who made the order, killing the one who brutally ended their lives would be just as good.
>>
>>82801683
I assume it's a roadside camera? The other camera views are for the audience.
>>
>>82795562
He used his normal arm to choke her.
>>
>>82801963
This. Tony isn't in the right trying to kill Bucky, but it's totally understandable and I think that Cap gets that. It's why he writes the letter to Tony after that basically says 'no hard feelings'.
>>
>>82798494
Not once I pour acid all over his face.
>>
>>82792712
Tony is in reality very weak minded.
>>
>>82802498
Not really.

There's not many people who wouldn't act irrationally in the face of seeing their mother and father being murdered in front of them. Gets a lot of shit pumping, ya know?
>>
>>82795601
>>82795618
He's obviously on that flash drive that Widow plugged in.
>>
>>82792610
Dude, this guy just saw his parents' true reasons why they are dead and the one that caused it is a few inches from him.
>>
>>82792901
That's what I am thinking too, these guys don't really have any deep connections with anyone, so they can't understand.
>>
>>82795075
Dude, Zemo is in that restraint chair at the end of the film, Ross is interrogating him.
>>
>>82800443
What are Russian webs saying about this movie?
>>
He could have just emailed Tony the details and let Tony figure out it on his own.

MCU villains tend to be forgettable, but this movie didn't even give you the satisfaction of the defeat of a proper villain. There's a fight, some people are angry and some are sad, and then everyone shrugs and waits for the next movie.

I know the point of the thing is the "civil war", but heroes are hardly heroes if they're just fighting for themselves.

Are we really supposed to believe that this is something adults who are trying to save the world will NEVER be able to get over?

Good Spider-Man, though.
>>
>>82798790
You can't know that unless you're put in the situation.

I hope you never are. Nazi scientists are notoriously difficult to track down
>>
>>82802790
Just rub it in, why don't ya.
>>
>>82802991
>Are we really supposed to believe that this is something adults who are trying to save the world will NEVER be able to get over?

It's less that they'll never get over it and more that, in the eyes of the law, most of those superheroes are fully-fledged criminals now. And prison escapees, most of them. If they're saving the world, they're doing it on the run from now on.
>>
>>82792901
I know. I love how people here don't get something as simple as a gut emotional reaction.
"But that's not logical"
Don't worry guys it'll all make sense when you grow up get hair on your balls and have your first pon Farr.
>>
>>82803144
Not to mention it's fucking Tony, the master of self-restraint and rational decisions.
>>
wait bucky has the super solider serum too?

i thought it was just those 5 winter soliders
>>
>>82803211
He has a Zola-made knockoff, not as good as what Erskine made and probably not as good as what Howard recreated. I'm surprised they used it all up though instead of running mass spec and HPLC on it to try to recreate it.
>>
File: tumblr_mvt588Wu491qec2wpo1_500.png (360KB, 455x461px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvt588Wu491qec2wpo1_500.png
360KB, 455x461px
>>82803144
"Pon Farr?"
>>
>>82803111
> If they're saving the world, they're doing it on the run from now on.

I guess, and "THREAT OR MENACE?" is a fun Spider-meme, but it's not really serious plot development.

Just like the prison break wasn't even worth the screen time to show, this is sort of a boring problem amongst heroes who really aren't all that upset or inconvenienced by any of this. It's worth some bickering and banter in future sequels, but aiming all that firepower (and Hollywood production dollars) at each other is kind of pedestrian and dull.

OK, sure, the Civil War comics were dreadful and Tony was a complete ass, but at least they were fighting about something serious that had significant consequences for civilians.

When all was said and done, almost nothing in this movie matters except for a few lines of bickering dialog in future fight scenes.

That said, I suppose I wouldn't be complaining at all if the scenes of conflict had more interesting arguments. If there had been a memorable and dramatic scene of Tony's charm vs. Cap's speechifyin', for example. But how can you do a Civil War movie without a single musically-enhanced Cap speech?

Speechifyin' (and the ability to be morally correct when any normal human wouldn't) are his most important superpowers. I think Chris Evans could pull it off.
>>
>>82802459
Are you Indian?
>>
>>82798494
Where is all the kawaii Zemo art
Are they too busy redirecting their powers of :3 towards Black Panther instead?
>>
When Zemo was talking about all the stuff HYDRA put inside Bucky what did they mean? We already know about the HYDRA trigger codes, is there more or was he just referring to the stuff Bucky was afraid about during the post-credits scene?
>>
>>82803394
>When all was said and done, almost nothing in this movie matters except for a few lines of bickering dialog in future fight scenes.

Again, the heroes are fugitives now. That's a serious plot development.

For one thing it means that the Earth doesn't have any strong form of defence against any aliens that'd wish to exploit it any more thanos
>>
>>82803394
It means we don't have to ask stupid questions about "why aren't they calling the Avengers to help?" in all the next films.
>>
>>82803880
Probably implying he was going to hijack Bucky to kill Tony when it was the other way around
>>
>>82802999
Especially when they're made of computers.
>>
Ya know, I wish we had one-shots or something in between AoU and CW. To at least see the team together. Could be seeds for upcoming projects. Or just them hanging out.
>>
>>82803394
>just a few lines of banter

Cap gave Tony an olive branch and said if shit goes down (if thanos arrives and fucks everyone's shit up) we'll be there as will you.

Outside of that though they're still on opposite sides of the law and Tony isn't funding them meaning that they're fugitives wanted by most of the world's governments stuck in Wakanda while Tony and Vision are all that's left. Also Rhodey is handicapped for now and Bucky is asleep. The difference is if cap appears in any country now trying to stop bad guys he's going to have to deal with a police chase and Iron Man or vision if he stays too long.
>>
>>82804828
This.
I want more Wanda smiling at Vision's spaghetti leaks.
>>
>>82804828
There was an interview with Feige and the Russos that suggested they wouldn't do this, but that they might go for something alternate, like webisodes of something.
>>
>>82802991
>Are we really supposed to believe that this is something adults who are trying to save the world will NEVER be able to get over?
It's in the why, not the how.

Vision thought he was doing right by Wanda, but when she recognizes she's just being held prisoner and he refuses to budge she stops seeing him as a protector and instead a prison guard even if he thinks otherwise. Neither take real offense UNTIL Vision chokes Hawkeye out. Wanda has no qualm with Vision, she did not want to fight him or even leave but she does not want Clint hurt because of her.

Clint "betrayed" Stark because Clint swore to protect Wanda after he felt the Avengers failed her and others before and are repeating the mistake of increasing control and force over taking real responsibility. He has no qualm with Stark.

And so on.

I'll put it like this. Think of it like someone finally fighting back a drunk,abusive parent only for another family member to grab their wrist mid swing. They might just not want the attacker to go too far and go to prison for life, but even if no one is hurt and everyone gets over the fight when the parent sobers up a silent answer to many unspoken questions came from that simple act of interference.

To answer your main question though, they can work together or at least not fight since they're shown making a truce of sorts by the end of the movie for the sake of helping others if and when necessary but all of them now know the character of the others when push comes to shove. In fact the whole point of Black Widow trying to sit on the fence to counsel and console both sides until neither were amiable with her was to illustrate maturity, rationality and all that only goes so far.
>>
>>82804828
I want a one-shot of the New Avengers in action. They only had one year to be together.
>>
>>82808825
It's already too late.
I'd like one of the Secret Avengers tho, it's going to be two years until IW, doubt they are just going to sit on their asses watching TV.
Would like a one-shot of that anyway tho.
>>
>>82810744
>Cap and T'Challa watching Who Killed Captain Alex next to Bucksicle leaving a puddle on the sofa
FUND IT
>>
>>82810807
>Cap, Wanda and Falcon watching Friends
>''So no one told you life was gonna be this way...''
>they all clap 5 times at unison
>>
>>82792610
It is a good excuse. But not everyone is a zen master like you, Tozan-anon.
>>
>>82802540
>expecting 4channers to possess normal human emotions

Good one, anon. Most of the pseudo-intellectuals here don't know how to empathize with emotional reactions to visceral stimuli because the closest they ever get to it is on the movie screen.
>>
>>82810878
>Hey that guy Phoebe's dating looks kinda like Tic-Tac
>>
>manipulates everyone
he just manipulates tony really

I don't "manipulate" the police into chasing me when I do a crime.
>>
>>82797383
>their only marketable superhero is Deadpool, an IP they didnt even want

Did Marvel like, force FOX to take Deadpool along with X-Men when the contracts were signed?

>Okay, you can have the X-Men property for $50 million. But only if you take Deadpool, too
>Awwww MAAAAN! Fine. Deal.
>>
>>82802991
>this movie didn't even give you the satisfaction of the defeat of a proper villain

Wasn't the point of this film that there wasn't necessarily an outright villain? The main crux for the conflict of the film was differing ideologies between two well-intentioned groups of individuals that eventually came to blows.
>>
>>82810957
I honestly think they'd all weep like babies and fling limp fists at Bucky in that situation. I just think they want to imagine they'd be supremely logical and reasonable.
>>
>>82805155
>Vision's spaghetti leaks
>spaghetti

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Vision is politely befuddled because he's learning how to interact with people. That's not what spaghetti is.
>>
>>82810978
If you want the police to chase you, then yes, yes you are manipulating them.
>>
>>82811136
Nah if they don't defeat a proper villain I can't bitch about how they just brought him in to 'job' to everyone. And I need to bitch about villains jobbing as if it's not what all villains do thus showing how little I know about comics.
>>
>>82811076
The only reason Deadpool got made is from that leaked test footage. Dont ask my why, but for some reason no one at FOX had faith in the project and only had it because A: it was in the X Men package and B: it meant Marvel couldnt use him.
>>
>>82811283
It stands to reason that if FOX purchased the rights to make a Deadpool film, they wanted the IP. A company doesn't go out and spend tens of millions of dollars on something they don't want.
>>
>>82811196
You just haven't seen the deletes scene where Wanda walks in on him in her room huffing a pair of her panties while beating on his purple plastic dong.
Then he just quietly phases through the wall and is gone.
>>
>>82811318
It was part of the X Men deal, they werent thinking "Oh shit we get Deadpool, great!". And Ryan, Miller, and others went on record saying it was an absolute bitch trying to get Deadpool greenlit
>>
>>82811283
Blame Thomas Rothman. And now he's overseeing Sony. Fuck.
>>
File: Vision's POV.webm (3MB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Vision's POV.webm
3MB, 1280x528px
>>82811319
There's also this deleted scene where Wanda catches Vision creeping up on her.
>>
I just realized that Zemo's gambit can be taken a smug demonstration of how handy subterfuge characters with no powers like Hawkeye and Widow can be, considering all he does is be a sneaky manipulative fuck and he tears the Avengers apart as a result

Now I want a movie where the Avengers win because those two do the good guy version of some Zemo shit
>>
>>82811800
Well, Black Widow did ruse Loki into telling her his plan.
>>
>>82811390
There's a reason Ryan spent his own money to produce the thing.
>>
>>82811390
Meanwhile they greenlit shit like X-Men Origins.
>>
>>82795489
>And that guy is now standing right next to you.
Not to mention your friend kept the fact it was really a murder secret.
>>
>>82812781
>"Sir people seem to hate Deadpool in particular"
>"SHUT DOWN THE DEADPOOL PROJECT"
>"Actually sir I think i-"
>"SHUT IT DOWN"
>>
>>82792341
To be fair most of the time the avengers and the current state of world affairs are doing most of the work for him. Also I think his plan suffers from us not having much of an understanding of what he's doing. If we got a better undrstanding of what he was doing in the scenes we had with him, his plan wouldn't look out of place in a heist/spy thriller if he were the protagonist
>>
Why did Zemo kill the remaining Winter Soldiers? That part I must have missed.
>>
>>82813449
He didn't want more superpowered people running around where they could cause harm.
>>
>>82813478
To be fair, they were defective anyway
>>
>>82813504
Was it because the treatment was defective or because the treatment enhanced their natural violent tendencies that made them join HYDRA in the first place?
>>
>>82813537
Hard to say what the exact problem was, every attempt at replicating Caps super soldier serum has been a disaster. Even Bucky was flawed. Shame no one wrote down Vita Rays
>>
>>82811318
>A company doesn't go out and spend tens of millions of dollars on something they don't want.

Companies buy the rights to things they will never make just so nobody else can. That's not this situation however.
>>
>>82796361
>He just needs to oust all the emo-ness
This, precisely. I think that's why some people have a hard time thinking of him as Zemo. Not enough flair.
>>
>>82792484
>is tied to the Sokovian royal bloodline
I don't think they mentioned this, unless it was in one of his phone messages or the report on him Iron Man got and I missed it.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.