[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/po st/144325116975/saw-this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 30

File: ReadUnsounded_3.png (228KB, 339x365px) Image search: [Google]
ReadUnsounded_3.png
228KB, 339x365px
http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/144325116975/saw-this-on-co-and-wanted-your-thoughts#notes

wut? when did any of us say this?
Also...Unsounded thread?
>>
I want to join the Cool Vagina Club.
>>
>>82749902
Thursday, apparently.

>>82692370
>>
>>82750015
Warm Vagina is better.
>>
>>82749902
Odd, none of the last three threads on here even contained the word girly
>>
File: Ragecopy.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235KB, 582x600px
>girly

I am fucking TRIGGERED. Unsounded isn't overly girly at all. I mean, sure, there's lots of emotion and character moments like >>82750050 said, but it's not excessive. It's GOOD. It's good storytelling. We see the depths of all these characters, which helps make their actions understandable.

What the fuck. 'Girly.' Is Faulkner girly?
>>
http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/144329261790/eh-fuck-that-guy-from-co-i-was-in-that-thread
In response somebody sent them this.

They seem pretty chill, gonna give this comic a shot.
>>
>>82749902
The other posts from that guy make it clear that he doesn't like the moments where it's just characters fucking around, and I guess prefers every detail to move the plot. That's a perfectly valid opinion albeit expressed in a dumb way because there's nothing "girly" about that.
>>
>>82750059
If Unsounded has taught me anything, it's that everything's better cold.
>>
>>82749902
Tumblry overreaction. And I say that as a big fan of unsounded.
>>
>>82749902
i fear the author may be strawmanning a bit here.
but he's pretty cool in general.

if anything this comic could use more girly emotionality
>>
That was posted in a furry transformation thread so
>>
>>82750115
Eh, I can see their argument. Sometimes one can prefer plot over drama. Girly is an odd word to use to describe that though.
>>
>>82749902
That was me.

I thought people would be a little sensitive over me putting it that way. I never figured people would be triggered THIS hard.

These are a lot of assumptions, though. I don't mean that Unsounded being "girly" means it's bad. I mean parts of it doesn't appeal to ME, and MY personal taste.

This is a typically American thing to take offense to, I think. I'm not American, and outside America it's perfectly acceptable to state that different things appeal to men and women. Just go to a romcom movie, and count the men in the audience versus some Expendables-esque action movie. That's just a fact of life. I judge Unsounded to be ever so slightly into the "girly" category.

I still read the comic, I still enjoy the comic. I'm just more interested in the central narrative than in characters talking a lot about things that don't impact the central narrative directly. Again, that's MY personal taste.

Furthermore, that comment was intended for /co/ in all its capes-loving, misogynistic, furry-fapping glory, and never intended as a serious fucking critique of the comic. So who-ever sent that to Ashley is a triggered dick. I'm on here a lot, and you can ask me directly. As you can tell from me responding right now.

So get your triggered panties unbunched and grow a pair, you sissies. To stick with the gendered insults.
>>
>>82751292
>but he's pretty cool in general.
>he
>Ashley?
>>
>>82753757
Nobody is triggered, you're just an idiot who's using a nebulous term inappropriately. People criticizing and insulting your argument does no.t mean they are "triggered"
>>
>>82750115
normies think featuring girls makes a story girly, just like featuring kids makes it childish.
>>
File: ch09_68.jpg (301KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch09_68.jpg
301KB, 600x900px
Yeah, real girly comic. I tell you, I could barely read this sequence through all the flowers and embroidery and shit.
>>
>>82753757
Nobody is triggered except, apparently, you.
>>
>>82753757
Technically Ashley's being the triggered dick. Anon just "asked for her thoughts" and her tingling vagina found sent her off on a rant.
>>82753788
Namecalling doesn't make you seem less triggered
>>
>>82753831
Seems to me like she was just having a bit of fun at how silly the comment was.
>>
>>82753788
>nobody is triggered
>you're just an idiot who's using a nebulous term inappropriately

That's being triggered. It's not my responsibility that you got upset over the words I used. Neither was it my idea to send my post to Ashley Cope outside of its /co/ context, which I frankly consider to be a really triggered thing to do.

I'm here to take responsibility over something I said. If you have any mature questions to ask me, go right the fuck ahead. If you just want to roast me, well, the Tumblr link is in the OP.
>>
>>82753831
>>82753844

>Technically Ashley's being the triggered dick.
>That's being triggered.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>82753844
>>82753831
People criticizing an argument is not being "triggered". I hate this stupid word so much. Where did this perspective come from? It's awful.

I agree with you about sending the PoV to Ashley being an inappropriate thing to do. But people (including the author) ragging on your argument is just criticism, that's it. People are allowed to disagree with you.
>>
>>82753862
What is being triggered anyway? The word's got a pretty vague definition.
>>
>>82753889
Imagine a little blonde girl is suddenly killed in front of Duane. Imagine Duane's reaction. That's being triggered.
>>
>>82753848
>>82753862
First off: Read my name. I put it there so you could easily identify me. This >>82753831 is not me.

Second: I'm not up for debating the meaning of the word "triggered". It's just part of the 4chan lexicon, so I figured you could deal with it. If you can't, that's fine, and I'll just use some other word (like "upset").

Either way, I'm here to take responsibility over what I said. So if anyone has any questions about what I said, and if I hate women or something, by all means ask them.
>>
>>82753889
It's not vague. It's being angry at things you don't like and telling people to stop instead of dealing with it like an adult.
Like pomegranate.
>>
>>82753904
>I'm not up for debating the meaning of the imprecise words I choose to use
Yes I can see why you called the comic girly.
>>
>>82753904
You acting like you ain't triggered.

But you triggered.
>>
>>82753904
Could you just shove all the pay attention to me shit aside? Nobody has to ask beyond the original argument you made, because that's what is being criticized. I can see why you called the comic girly given the occasional cutesy focus on the kids and the woe is me rants it sometimes goes into. And even, to some extent, the character design of the male characters. But I don't think girly is a great choice of words there, because "written by a woman into VS and LoK fandom" would be much more accurate and appropriate.

The emotional stuff, total fucking wash. I don't agree that's girly or not girly at all.
>>
File: Ashley Williams.png (1MB, 575x885px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley Williams.png
1MB, 575x885px
>>82753771
Yes?
>>
>>82753968
>written by a woman into VS and LoK fandom
VS?
And I don't see how being a LoK fan relates to her storytelling at all
Also, that's pretty shit taste Ashley
>>
>>82754007
Vagrant Story. And LoK there is standing for Legacy of Kain. I'm too old for this fucking site these days for real.
>>
>>82754017
Well that's much better taste then
>>
>>82753968
>I can see why you called the comic girly given the occasional cutesy focus on the kids and the woe is me rants it sometimes goes into. And even, to some extent, the character design of the male characters.
wait did Starfish fot magically removed form the story or something? Or is it the speedreader general where people who only read the last 3 pages allow themselves to criticize the whole thing?
>>
>>82754017
I'm pretty sure the only Final Fantasy she's into is FF12, too.

What other pointless bits of Cope trivia do I recall? Her favorite Fury Road character was Nux. I only recall that because as soon as I read it, I thought

>Of course he was
>>
>>82754032
Starfish's existence doesn't invalidate the other points. Unless you're implying the cutesy focus on the kids is some kind of innate pedophilic expression of the author reflected through Starfish
>>
>>82754032
Why are you acting like Starfish is the totality of male characters in this comic? I don't agree with anon's perspective but I can understand where it comes from - to me, Starfish's predatory nature does make an edgy contrast and take the shine off the kid moments some, and he does (in a very Gothic horror, physical appearance is a reflection of the inner self way) also make a contrast to the male characters in terms of design. But Duane, Murkoph, Toma, Bastion, Quigley, et all are in particular brackets of appeal too.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this, but I don't really ascribe to this grey neuter viewpoint that you can't make a gendered reading of a work by a gendered person either.
>>
>>82754051
Pretty sure she liked Final Fantasy Tactics and FF 6 and 9.

She's also a big nerd for comic books.
>>
>>82753968
> I can see why you called the comic girly given the occasional cutesy focus on the kids and the woe is me rants it sometimes goes into. And even, to some extent, the character design of the male characters.

Yes, that's pretty much what I meant.

>But I don't think girly is a great choice of words there, because "written by a woman into VS and LoK fandom" would be much more accurate and appropriate.

I know that, and I acknowledged that even while I said it. Again, the post was intended as just another throw-away commentary on 4chan, the same place where we regularly call each other "nigger" and tell people to die in a fire. As I've said, I figured it'd be possible for people to be upset by it. I didn't think they'd be SO upset to send it to Cope directly.

I am not a serious critic, especially on /co/.

>The emotional stuff, total fucking wash. I don't agree that's girly or not girly at all.

Well, you don't have to. For me it's like you said, the focus on kids and family. Something like Iori spending a page explaining about her son is typical in that. In fact, the entire new chapter up to now.
>>
>>82754051
Nux is basically the Sette of Fury Road I guess. Duane is Max. Elka is Furiosa maybe...
>>
>>82754051
I really hate the cult of personality that accompanies Ashley and unsounded threads. I really don't give a shit who writes it, I'd rather talk about the comic itself. I blame waifufags.
>>
>>82754074
Yeah I'm in agreement that sending it on was total bullshit. Ashley occasionally hangs in these threads anyway. Asking for specific comment on an opinion (probably one you disagree with) is like asking her to control this space extraneous to the comic for you. You get to point at her reaction/commentary and be right afterwards.

You shouldn't need Ashley's reaction to argue that the comic isn't 'girly' if you feel that way. I don't. A work stands on its own.
>>
>>82754081
It was less specific character mapping and more

>here's this character who has a complicated relationship with a terrible religion, is truly a nice guy underneath all his weird problems and history, dies a tragic, heroic death
>I wonder who Cope's favorite character is
>>
>>82754073
>>82754051
>obeys the rule of 3
That's good taste. She also has good taste in /d/ going by her recommendation of Yonekura Kengo, too.
>>
>>82754092
>I really hate the cult of personality that accompanies Ashley and unsounded threads
the what now?
>>
>>82754113
Ha! Fair point. But man I think by the end of this comic that's gonna go for more characters than just Duane.
>>
>>82754074
>Yes, that's pretty much what I meant.
yeah... right
>>
>>82754130
Not that anon, but I assume he means the large amount of attention given to the author rather than the work. This is true for pretty much any comic discussed on /co/ where the author either appears in threads or acknowledges /co/ - Lieber, Gob, Abbadon, Aaron of Endtown, etc.

>>82754142
Again not that anon, but why do you see a reason to dispute that?
>>
>>82754057
>Starfish's existence doesn't invalidate the other points.
it definitely does. Your argument suddenly becomes "it matches except for what I don't want to disprove it". Keep that garbage for your blog.
>>
>>82754104
I was neither aware that she visited these threads, nor asking for her opinion specifically. I'm still debating about sending her a personal message, but in principal I'm against it because I made this statement on an anonymous board in the context of said board.

I do think she overreacted, as do some Anons in this thread. The term was never intended to imply that the comic having a "girly" aspect is inherently bad. Perhaps it was an insensitive way of putting it, but this is 4chan, of all places.
>>
>>82754146
Because he's triggered
>>
>>82754153
You seem like the one who lacks perspective of the overall comic here desu.
>>
>>82754146
>but why do you see a reason to dispute that?
cause nothing said before matched, he's just flipping side because he's losing. "you just didn't get it I was right all along" is kindergarten politics.
>>
>>82754162
I don't know about insensitive but I do believe it was a bad and inaccurate way of putting it, and you were and are wrong. But I agree with your opinions on where/why you posted it and the appropriate follow-on from that.
>>
>>82754167
Well he's agreeing with a reading of his actions that he didn't type; I did. I'm >>82754068

So to me, independently of reading anything in the last thread or anything other than this one, that's why I could see someone call the comic girly. And the dude who called it girly said 'yeah that's pretty much why I did' . I don't think he's right but I don't see a reason to immediately assume he is being dishonest.
>>
>>82754092
>I blame waifufags.
Perhaps, but consider the following:

What are some authors discussed negatively on /co/? Zack from Paranatural. Willis from the whole Walky thing. Gigi Digi from Let's Stop Metal Gear/Cucumber Quest. Do you know what they have in common?

They have publicly said they're against 4chan and think it's a terrible place. Of course, everyone on 4chan knows this is true, but god forbid some asshole outside 4chan ever say it.

Cope is one of the few author's who has not only come to 4chan and talks about her comic (or when people comment that her boobs are smaller than they were led to believe), she does so semi regularly and publicly admits to browsing it for fun. She goes to /d/ for godsake. She's not alone either (See: >>82754146). /co/ tends to be more sympathetic to authors who either defend 4chan or admit or portray themselves as what anons think people on 4chan should be.

Personally, she's smart enough that what few opinions I've seen her give are interesting. But best of all: she writes a great story with great art on a REGULAR FUCKING SCHEDULE and has the decency to not start internet bullshit fights or get roped into them. I could care less what her politics are as long as she is farting them all over twitter.

Which is her right to do so. But it's hard to respect people who blurt out whatever political/moralizing thought they had on a medium tailor made to be short, lacking nuance, and promoting unfiltered diarrhea of the mouth over self reflecting consideration.
>>
>>82754153
That doesn't make sense. Something having x elements and y elements doesn't it can only be described as one or the other, it means it's multi-layered. Unsounded has a somewhat childish perspective presented through it's child characters and a more mature one presented through it's adult characters. That doesn't mean that it's only childish or only mature, that means it's both.
>>
>>82750115
What's with all the triggers?
>>
>>82754178
It's a personal opinion, Anon. It can't be wrong, by definition. I think the comic is fairly girly, because of various reasons, such as the cute children and the attractive, manga men. That's it. Again, on this board there is neither an obligation nor an expectation to not be "bad and inaccurate".

You like the comic, and feel I insulted it. Well, I like the comic, too. Again, I feel this is a cultural rift. Where I'm from, saying something has gendered characteristics wouldn't be considered insulting.
>>
>>82754167
Anon, I'm right here. You can talk to me. Speaking of kindergarten politics...

The way I see it, you're upset because I described your favorite webcomic in a way you didn't like. Well, too bad.
>>
>>82754251
I don't feel you insulted the comic at all. I just think your personal reading of it to call it "girly" it isn't very good. It's totally okay to say a personal opinion is bad and inaccurate, there's nothing invalid about that. A debate functions by discussing different viewpoints and challenging them.
>>
>>82749902
hnnng
>>
>>82754251
The issue is it also has aspects more traditionally focused on by men. The politics, violence and grim characterizations. I suspect peopel are drawing issue with what you said because you seem to only be considering some of the story's aspects
>>
>>82754273
Eh, maybe the term itself is "bad and inaccurate". I thought it would carry more weight than it did, but it's plainly obvious that it's upsetting to more than a few people.

But yeah, cute kids and attractive, charming manga men. Not really my style.
>>
>>82754323
You seem unintelligent.

Just an observation.
>>
>>82754341
Fuck off
>>
>>82754309
Well, I am. I don't hate the comic, I don't think it's all bad. But there are parts of it that I enjoy less, and those are the parts I implicated.

Though, the politics don't seem very prominent, aside from Stockyard's wheeling and dealing. I'm dying to see more of the international politics that are hinted at. And part of my frustration is the comic focusing on people having breakfast (to put it indelicately) in favour of advancing the plot. There's a pattern to this, in Unsounded, so I know I'll get my plot.
>>
>>82754341
Anon, if you really think this sort of comment hurts me, you're the one who needs to invest in a few more braincells.
>>
>>82754370
The political structure of cresce and alderode are pretty fleshed out elements. Unfortunately a lot of it is fleshed out on tumblrs and wikis and not so much in the actual comic. It's a quality that continually irks me; the world building is so in depth but the story is too character centric to really get into it.
>>
>>82754495
Ah, that's too bad. I'm a firm believer in reading a comic as it unfolds. It's always kind of disappointing that things are spoiled for you before you get to them in the story. I've already received too much word-of-god information for another comic I read, just from reading the threads.

>the world building is so in depth but the story is too character centric to really get into it.

Yeah, this is why I complained about the comic focusing on character elements. The bigger picture seems to be lost in favour of those. I suppose it's there in form of the wiki and tumblr, but I'm reading a comic, not a wiki and a tumblr.
>>
>>82754390
It wasn't an insult.

You genuinely seem unintelligent and inarticulate.

It's very hard to take your opinions seriously.

Just an observation.
>>
>>82749902
What mad artist would ever visit /co/ for feedback anyway?

Unsounded is excellent regardless.
>>
>>82754495
>It's a quality that continually irks me; the world building is so in depth but the story is too character centric to really get into it.
I think it just hasn't gotten there yet. We're only just now getting in the comic the pymary background info we've known outside of the comic for years. Cope has been adamant that anything necessary for understanding the story will show up in the comic proper.

Some anon apparently got close to cracking what was going on with Duane. Enough to get Cope to comment on its closeness. Something about him being a Gold and a tacit caster. Since the last chapter or two implied that

>Cresce has a rebellion against the Crown forming its government
>There are forces behind both the silver and Duane that want to fuck up Cresce

We're probably going to be heading into Cresce proper soon and getting all its background and so forth. The comic is just planned to last for... jeez. We've got to be 2/3 through the first third of it by now. When did it start? Checking the back pages on the site, July 14, 2010. So we've got, at least, 10 more years on this thing, definitely a few years more.

We're in this for the long haul.
>>
File: Krusty Frowning.jpg (55KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
Krusty Frowning.jpg
55KB, 600x455px
Is this going to be like Kate Beaton going nuts and /co/ going even more nuts and holding it against her forever?
>>
>>82754679
What did Kate Beaton even do?
>>
>>82754529
Cope has said that the comic is self-contained, nothing the comic references expects you to read tumblr or wikis, the comic is exactly what she wanted to create.

It's just that she did indeed build this huge world and people are curious about so she talks about it sometimes. The story you get in the comic is the story she wanted to tell, she has at many times refused to answer a question because it would spoil something, anything she does answer she considers unnecessary to enjoy the comic.
>>
>>82754679
The more you post on about it, the likelier that is.
>>
>>82750115
>Unsounded isn't overly girly at all.

Wellll..... let's be blunt.

Unsounded is pretty girly. Now, don't get me wrong, it's really fucking good, but there's no denying the esthetic.

Everybody is pretty (with the wretched exception of Starfish), things are 'cutesy' (looking at you, Uaid), all the plot points are tangential or deflected to make the conflict indirect, the afterlife is a solid expanse of pastel, for cryin' out loud.

Case-in-point: Duane and Quigley had a vigorous disagreement in the current chapter. If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things. A good solid punch to the nose goes a long way towards clearing the air, and Duane should have decked the white-haired jerk.

But, because it's a bit of a girly book, there was a kinder, gentler resolution to things.

There is nothing wrong or bad about being girly, its a helluva good comic. But it for sure shows it's being done by a lady.

Also, 'casuistry'. Points for word usage!
>>
>>82754751
>the afterlife is a solid expanse of pastel, for cryin' out loud.
Oh man fuck you; that was all fractal art and weird monsters.
>>
>>82754751
>If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things.

Not when said guys are both from the land of effeminate pretentious twats. Do you seriously think that would've been in-character?
>>
>>82754751
See, I can't really agree with this "all the plot points are tangential or deflected to make the conflict indirect" when they just got done directly fighting a giant flesh/silver monster.

As for Duane and Quigley, they did give each other a "good solid punch to the nose" equivalent with their god damn super magic the first time they met, and it did indeed clear the air until Quigley learned he was a plod, then he stopped treating him like a person.
>>
>>82753813
>Yeah, real girly comic. I tell you, I could barely read this sequence through all the flowers and embroidery and shit.

Ehn, still pretty girly, to be honest.

Pushing, shoving, biting, clawing and scratching is what's going on there. How girls fight.

EFFECTIVE biting and clawing and scratching, mind you. :) Getting scratched by a sword is gonna leave a mark. And getting your face clawed open by a wright sucks pretty bad, too.

But compare this fight to a comic like Poppy O'Possum, for example. This is just as violent, but come on, Poppy fucking HITS THINGS.

Therein lies the difference.
>>
>>82754751
>If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching
>All guy stories, all guy comics, have problems solved by punching
>Implying Duane and Quiggley haven't been at each others' throats the whole comic until now anyway
That's dumb. You're dumb.

Or this is bait. In which case, it's still dumb and you're still dumb.
>>
>>82754822
I know when I think 'girly fighting' I think 'hitting other people in the face with a sword' and 'melting a dude's face off'.

You're reaching pretty fucking hard.
>>
>>82754741
That's good. She has never struck me as anything else than a very professional artist. I suppose I'm just a little impatient about getting to what I consider to be the good bits.
>>
>>82754850
That's Elka, you're talking about. One of the most masculine characters in the comic.

And that's exactly why she's my waifu
>>
>>82754822
>>82754751
You really are as stupid as you seem.
>>
>>82754751
Just about everything you said is some shade of wrong. The only thing that shows Ashley's gender, other then her name, is the care she puts into her characters. As a generalization, modern male comic authors tend to skimp on characterization a little more then their female counterparts.

I think people perceive this subconsciously and then try to logic out why they think Unsounded feels a little more feminine.
>>
>>82754751
>>Case-in-point: Duane and Quigley had a vigorous disagreement in the current chapter. If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things. A good solid punch to the nose goes a long way towards clearing the air, and Duane should have decked the white-haired jerk.

What?
I can't remember the last time I've seen adult people fight unless large amounts of alcohol was involved.
I can assure you that most non-fictional people can resolve their differences peacefully.
>>
>>82754902
Elka isn't all that masculine.
>>
File: ch09_67.jpg (307KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch09_67.jpg
307KB, 600x900px
>>82754822
Are you trolling? Previous page of that fight. Elka is a wright - she isn't scratching anybody, she's using magic. That sword stab was intended to kill her.
>>
>>82754788
The very fact that there is even a land of effeminate twats kinda proves his point. Typical fantasy has an excess of hard lands full of hard people and warrior cultures out the ass
>>
>>82754751
I don't think the comic girly so much as you seem to have a poor and frankly dim view of have guys think.
>If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things
>But, because it's a bit of a girly book, there was a kinder, gentler resolution to things.
Women aren't any less prone to violence then men.
Do you really think guys just punch the fuck out of everybody the disagree with everyday?
That would get you arrested multiple times over.
>>
>>82754741
All that tells me is the story isn't going to feature all the interesting things she freely reveals in her blogposts, and you'll have to read those to get any details on all the interesting bits. That's disappointing if anything.
>>
This thread is shit
>>
>>82756816
Thanks for your contribution, Anon.
>>
>>82755783
She's assertive, direct in her methods, casually rude, and a member of a military force. She's even got short hair and if I recall correctly a disdain for dresses. She's the picture of a tomboy.
>>
>>82756669
>Women aren't any less prone to violence then men.
That's demonstratably wrong by looking at any violent crime statistics. The very structure of society for ages has placed men vastly more in roles requiring violence. Like I'm all for treating people as individuals and accepting the outliers, but come on. There are observable facts about the general nature of humanity.
>>
File: all will be well.jpg (223KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
all will be well.jpg
223KB, 600x390px
>>82753900
>Imagine a little blonde girl is suddenly killed in front of Duane.
Duane's memories are unreliable. He's just an overprotective dad opposed to his daughter getting attention from other males.
>>
>>82750148
You made the right choice. Just remember,
"What's with all the niggers?"

Also know that she's answered a lot of worldbuilding questions on not only that tumblr, but the in-character tumblr she only operates between chapters with the two main characters.

http://unsoundedask.tumblr.com/

You don't need it but it'll help you avoid some stupid theories if you know a little more about background/mechanics.
>>
I can agree that Unsounded is a bit girly. There are definitely some scenes where you can tell it's written by a woman. Just some of the scenes where men interact with each other are a bit too intimate and... gay to be believable. It's still an amazing comic and almost flawless by any reasonable analysis.
>>
>>82754751
>If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things.
You're thinking of capeshit. Stop dragging the medium down.
>>
>>82756863
Stop being girly, anon.
>>
>>82758864
Nothing wrong with being girly.
>>
File: poof.jpg (80KB, 240x213px) Image search: [Google]
poof.jpg
80KB, 240x213px
>>82758320
>Just some of the scenes where men interact with each other are a bit too intimate and... gay to be believable.
Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>82759162
Duane could be gay enough to be a one man Pride parade for all I care.
>>
File: best wright in centuries 2.jpg (102KB, 621x708px) Image search: [Google]
best wright in centuries 2.jpg
102KB, 621x708px
>>82759334
He's too fabulous to be gay.
>>
>>82757018

Women are less violent because they are weaker.
Domestic violence among lesbian couples is either on the same level or on a higher level than heterosexual couples.
>>
>>82754751
Wow, everything you just wrote is completely wrong in almost every conceivable way. That's actually impressive.
>>
>>82754751
Duane did deck him. Duane decks a lot of people.
>>
File: ch05_33.jpg (274KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch05_33.jpg
274KB, 600x900px
>>82761460
>>
>>82754751
I guess Orc Stain is girly too because it's mostly pink.
>there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things
I doubt you have thrown a punch in your life.

This whole thread is autism.
>>
File: 1362458123507.jpg (107KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1362458123507.jpg
107KB, 500x667px
>>82754092
This isn't really unique to Unsounded in any way. Homestuck threads practically worshiped Hussie for a while, and he's not a girl or even cute.
>>
File: ch07_77.jpg (255KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch07_77.jpg
255KB, 600x900px
>>82761460
>>82761480
This is my favorite example of Duane punching people.
>>
>>82762576
That doesn't make it better
>>
>>82763065
I'm just saying, it's not uncommon and it isn't related to Ashley's vagina.
Paranatural threads were also obsessed with Zack when I was still following the comic.
>>
>>82763030
The build up is great, but the punch itself is pretty shitty
>>
>Thread's full of butthurt fans and butthurt "we dindu nuffin"s.
This shit's hilarious, you fuckers wear your biases on your sleeve.
>>
If the webcomic is good/entertaining and the author isn't an asshat then of course there will be a "cult of personality" there.

And I will fight any and all of you who shits on my eternal love for Ronnie and his magnificent beard.
>>
>>82757018
>That's demonstratably wrong by looking at any violent crime statistics.
Women perform violence in different ways not less.
Just because women are convicted for assault less does not mean they commit assault less, women are are documented as being less restrained when it comes to resorting to violent acts but probably because women are less physically strong then men generally they are not reported to the police as much.
Women are however more prone to abusing children for example and when it comes to domestic abuse lesbian couples are the most at risk.
Also when women are perpetrators of domestic abuse they are far more likely to use more excessive force and weapons then men.
I don't know what saints of women you know but women are just as likely possibly even more likely to be violent than men.
>>
File: duane_.png (151KB, 305x330px) Image search: [Google]
duane_.png
151KB, 305x330px
>tfw your husbando is a rotting undead corpse
What have you done to me, Ashley?
>>
File: ch11_31.jpg (368KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch11_31.jpg
368KB, 600x900px
>>82754751
>Case-in-point: Duane and Quigley had a vigorous disagreement in the current chapter. If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things.
You must have missed that page where Duane slapped him around a bit. Honestly, "girly" is just the wrong word to use, but I understand what those anons mean. So far this chapter has been pretty much just dialog, feelings, and Duane being fabulous. Very light on the action, comedy, and world building parts. I mean, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but the pacing just feels a bit slow.
>>
>>82767071
I have this really eerie feeling of deja vu reading your argument. From like years ago.
>>
>>82767104
If a webcomic goes more than a couple of weeks without progressing the plot, someone will complain about pacing, even if it's only been a dozen pages.
>>
>>82767071
>>82767104
Its probably been argued during one of the previous slow chapters.
Sometimes I feel like unsounded would be better served releasing in whole chapters at a time, or at least like three page blocks once a week
>>
File: stock preview.jpg (121KB, 330x793px) Image search: [Google]
stock preview.jpg
121KB, 330x793px
It's like people forgot what just happened during the Nevergreen arc and how Duane and Quigley settled their first argument (Duane slapped him around so hard he doesn't even need to do it any more, he wins all subsequent fights by default)
>>
>>82763200
He's a caster, what do you want?
>>
>>82767104
It's inescapable in a serialized story like this. The down scenes feel too slow because they come out a page at a time. If you go back and reread in chunks, the pacing is fine. In truth the pacing is stellar if you read it this way, particularly chapter 10. All the people bitching about how slow it was failed to realize (or just couldn't see because of the format) that it was building up the wow! moment of the creature exploding. It's a brilliant little horror story.

>>82767648
There are two kinds of Unsounded readers: the ones who read and retain it, and the ones who can't remember further than two pages back. I'm not sure why the latter type sticks around at all except to save screencaps of Sette's feet.
>>
>>82754751
>Case-in-point: Duane and Quigley had a vigorous disagreement in the current chapter. If it was a dude comic, there would have been punching. Because that's how guys handle these things. A good solid punch to the nose goes a long way towards clearing the air, and Duane should have decked the white-haired jerk.

Counterpoint: Duane has already decked a guy for being a jerk. It's a significant part of his backstory.
>>
File: Bugaboo_2.png (375KB, 1289x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Bugaboo_2.png
375KB, 1289x1105px
So, how big do you guys think Bugaboo is?
>>
>>82767696
I read 10 in a big chunk a few weeks ago after not having touched the comic since the end of 9, and I can confirm there aren't any pacing issues. This comic reads great archivally.
>>
>>82767696
I think the brothel had some flaws as an action scene but not really the pacing. A great action scene always give a sense of place and threat and I don't think the confrontation with the silver monster did that at all times, things became quite indefinite at points. I also hated how everything just got red all the time for such a huge chunk of the comic. All the same it had a great finish and there was a lot of compelling elements to it (everything kicking off with that brutal resolution to the little tragedy playing out with Stockyard was great).

There are action scenes I do dislike in Unsounded and some I really, really like. Toma and Elka's action scenes confronting the corrupt citizens/cops are fucking fantastic.
>>
>>82768624
>there was
There were, rather. I'd also highlight the confrontation between Quigley, Starfish, Knock and Anadyne as being another great fight scene. On the side of not so great, I think the exposition in Duane and Quigley's first fight really hurts it.
>>
>>82749902
I'm reading that quote and I just don't understand it. Is he saying he thinks it girly because it makes him feel things or that its girly because the characters are characters and have feelings?
Its just an incredibly stupid statement.
I read what hes really saying though its this : Its not moving through the story fast enough, I want novelty not storytelling.
>>
>>82754051
>I'm pretty sure the only Final Fantasy she's into is FF12, too.
FF12 was fine, it just had two worthless main characters including the protagonist
>>
>>82754695
She had a bit of a reaction to someone saying "I want to have your babies"

Some people had a spastic fit, but no one really cares. Some dumbfucks like to pretend /co/ hates her for some reason.
>>
File: 2f9.png (207KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
2f9.png
207KB, 600x635px
>>82754822
>>
>>82754237
And you consider the following:

/co has a huge amount of people with low self esteem and no lide who consider 4chan to be their group of peers, they will therefore vehemently hate any "outsider" who says they don't like 4chan or /co (like Gigi and Zack in your example) and obsessively fawn over anyone who says something positive about visits /co (like Ashley, Aaron or Michelle).

It's simply pathetic.
>>
>>82767696
>ll the people bitching about how slow it was failed to realize (or just couldn't see because of the format) that it was building up the wow! moment of the creature exploding.
I agree about the pacing overall being good. Pretty much alone among webcomic artists, Cope seems to be able to recognize when a scene needs to be released in multiple pages at once, rather than over days.

Still, having serialized story does mean you know, going in, the length of time it takes to release things is going to affect immediate readership. Overall, it's probably better for artists to prioritize full release pacing over installments in real time, but it's always something they should consider. Or else they should just release things are once, which come with their own problems (longer waits, people are less likely to read if you dumb a larger story on them at once).
>>
>>82754617
>What mad artist would ever visit /co/ for feedback anyway?
People who want to have a bunch of people on /co suck their dick/clit.
>>
File: metail.png (509KB, 622x865px) Image search: [Google]
metail.png
509KB, 622x865px
>>82754617
>What mad artist would ever visit /co/ for feedback anyway?
The kind that was on 4chan already.
>>
>make a blog post about how not mad you are at some random anonymous poster saying some milquetoast criticism of you on a Singaporean crocheting imageboard
>>
>>82771499

If /co/ is as pathetic as you say that just makes it even sadder when an artist gets terminally buttblasted because /co/ doesn't have anything good to say about them.
>>
>>82749902
What the hell? I thought that I'd gone into a joke reply at first. The author threw a fit that bad over one anonymous comment on 4chan using the word "girly" and daring not to like the comic? Bringing in book sales and all, just how thin-skinned can creators get? "only positive feedback allowed, but pls give me money", huh
>>
>>82771499
What did Michelle say? And which Aaron are you talking about? I hope it's not Aaron Diaz.
Also Hussie doesn't seem to like us very much but that's never stopped /co/ from fawning over him.
>>
>>82772241
I think you fail to realize people read that tumblr to be entertained so of course she's going to play it up. Ashley's pretty chill.
>>
>>82771544
>the length of time it takes to release things is going to affect immediate readership

This is why I think Unsounded is having trouble growing in readership. Readers like us who have patience are able to appreciate the balance between massive page dumps for scenes that needed and the update breaks that must subsequently follow, but the common webcomic reader is going to stick to garbage that updates like clockwork every/ every other day with no breaks (see questionable content for an excellent example).

Every time Ashley has to take a 2 month break after a chapter to make up for the insane update speed a lot of the casual readers will forget to come back and she's back to the amount of readers that she had at the beginning of each chapter. This is why she's struggling to make a living from what is objectively the best webcomic there is, even with a Patreon.

So while we appreciate the page dumps it leads to Ashley not gaining the fame she deserves, and therefore making less money.
>>
>>82772241
>Bringing in book sales and all, just how thin-skinned can creators get?
They get pretty thin skinned when they see other more successful creators making tons of money from their comics while they themselves barely get by.
>>
>>82772356
>What did Michelle say? And which Aaron are you talking about?
Michelle once thanked some /co fanartists for a get well-card they made for her and she's been waifu-shipped ever since.

And the Aaron in question is of course Aaron Neathery of Endtown. He visits the endtown threads sometimes.
>>
>>82772749
Is this Ava's Demon Michelle?
I always just assumed she'd hate us if she knew about us.

>Aaron Neathery of Endtown
Never heard of it. Any good?
>>
>>82772447
>Ashley says something stupid
>Gets called out for it
>She's was just pretending to say something stupid, she's really the most perfect human!
>>
>>82772782
>Is this Ava's Demon Michelle? I always just assumed she'd hate us if she knew about us.

She's never actually visited /co, so she might still hate us if she knew what we're all about.
>>
>>82772447
It didn't come across like that at all. The definite touch of defensive butthurt is too strong though she tried to have cover it up with sarcasm and wit. But the post tries too hard.

Honestly, I think it's in poor taste to even answer what's obviously just baiting for controversy that seriously. People are allowed to dislike things and discuss their opinions, and if you choose to publsh your work and ask money for it, bitching about people daring to criticize your product with terms you don't approve of comes across pretty cringeworthy.
>>
>>82772806
You sound triggered, man. You okay? You shouldn't venture outside of /co/ probably.
>>
File: Duane so done.png (14KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
Duane so done.png
14KB, 210x210px
>>
>>82772875
Sorry for the errors; tired, foreign and on mobile so there's a high risk my inaccurate sausage fingers mess shit up
>>
File: diaz a shit 2.png (186KB, 704x1276px) Image search: [Google]
diaz a shit 2.png
186KB, 704x1276px
>>82772984
>tired, foreign
That would explain why you think that post is "throwing a fit".
>>
>>82749902
>the hysterics have come upon me I cannot clearly communicate any more around all these emotions i have to go pet babies and suckle a kitten and cook throwpillows while mopping a uterus or something I don’t know

>Alternately I’m just a talentless hackfraud who doesn’t know what she’s doing. I would take that much more seriously than being called girly. If book orders are any indication, the majority of Unsounded’s readers are dudes. So it’s not just girls embracing emotions, regular humans are doing it too. Maybe that Anon should join the Cool Vagina Club! Slits Are It!

You've got to admit, that's a pretty emotionally girly reaction to someone saying that the comic is sometimes a little too girly for their tastes.

Ashley might not be very used to handling criticism.
>>
>>82772875
Ashley is the most self-deprecating asshole on earth. In that same reply she says: "I’m just a talentless hackfraud who doesn’t know what she’s doing" so stop fucking projecting onto this person, Christ. She wouldn't even start a Patreon for years because she didn't think her shit was worth it, she had to be bullied into it.
>>
I don't have time for all this new controversy. I'm still bewildered by how Sette's name is actually pronounced.
>>
>>82773061
Or you're not used to reading sarcasm.
>>
>>82773065
That's what you fucks get for your pox-ridden non-phonetic written language.
It surprised me too.
>>
>>82773065
>>82773124
What is it in IPA?
>>
>>82772933
>You sound triggered
The only response when you have no actual rebuttal.

Face it anon, you put Ashley on your waifu pedestal but in the end she's just as thin skinned as the other webcomic artists with over-inflated egos out there. She might deserve the ego more than complete schmucks like Aaron Diaz, but she reacts the same to anyone saying they don't enjoy everyhting about her comic.
>>
>>82772855
maybe if she actually updates her comic
>>
>>82773189
['sɛ.ti 'frʌm.ə.ʤɛm]
>>
>>82773096
>Or you're not used to reading sarcasm
I dunno man, it came off as passive aggressive bitching more than sarcasm. Like she's really upset about the anon equating "girly" with "too emotional" and having the nerve not to love it.

I see people saying she's supposedly chill but that's the opposite of a chill reaction.
>>
>>82773199
http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/144344645550/i-am-the-person-who-called-unsounded-girly-on#notes
http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/144343908920/let-me-be-the-hundreth-to-say-co-doesnt#notes
>>
>>82773271
That's how I've been pronouncing it this entire time.
What's shocking about it?
>>
>>82773371
Obviously it's damage control.
>>
>>82773061
>>Alternately I’m just a talentless hackfraud who doesn’t know what she’s doing. I would take that much more seriously than being called girly.
Why is she taking this as a personal attack? I read the comment and unless I completely misunderstood, anon said he comic was girly, not that the author was bad.
>>
File: 1390798781190.gif (390KB, 292x180px) Image search: [Google]
1390798781190.gif
390KB, 292x180px
>>82773426
It could be, yeah, but usually when an egotistical prick goes on damage control they're a lot less calm and friendly about it.
She also didn't delete the original post, which opens with
>Can’t please everyone. Not every reader likes when a story meanders now and then, or takes breaks from the main narrative to give the characters quiet moments and let everyone catch their breath. Some readers are very impatient for resolutions - and I can’t entirely blame them. It’s particularly frustrating in a webcomic when conversations have to stretch out for a month at a time.

Her problem was clearly with the idea that it's "girly" and (implicitly, from her understanding of the original statement) bad for a story to focus on characters' emotions. She doesn't care that she's being criticized, she just doesn't like that it's (seemingly) being treated as bad and overly-feminine for a story to spend a lot of time on emotion and dialogue.
>>
>>82749902

Why is everyone shitting themselves over one post on an anonymous board known for trolling?
>>
>>82773546
We really don't have anything better to do. If we did, we wouldn't be here.
>>
I hate this thread, it made me read Ashley's tumblr for the first time and I've lost so much respect for her. Thanks.

I used to think she was a strong confifent person who just does her awesome comic, but all she does when she talks about herself is some sort of cringy self-deprecating fishing for compliments.

Does she really have ths bad self esteem, or is she just trolling people?
>>
File: kkk.png (24KB, 243x260px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
24KB, 243x260px
>>82773413
>What's shocking about it?
It wasn't exactly shocking for me, but as a fookin' immigrant whose native language isn't English it wasn't exactly obvious (just compare it to all the words ending with -ette). If you just google the name it will give you the italian/latin pronunciation, which is different.
So when I heard Ashley say it I went "Oh, that's what it's supposed to be like? Huh."
>>
>>82773719
It's a Q&A. Why don't you ask her?
>>
>>82773719
>Does she really have ths bad self esteem, or is she just trolling people?
Anon, did you learn nothing from reading her tumblr?
You just said that you are better off not learning more about her, go back to reading the comic and being content with that.
>>
>>82773719
Christ son, get your shit together.
>>
>>82773719
>fishing for compliments.
It's like you've never met an artist. They ALL have low self-esteem.
>>
>>82773719
>Does she really have ths bad self esteem, or is she just trolling people?
She has bad self esteem, have you seen what she looks like? It's... an interesting appearance.
>>
I hate everyone here excluding myself
>>
>>82774121
>>
>>82772782
>Never heard of it. Any good?

Depends on what you're into. It's a bit of a weird comic. It starts out as a really mediocre gag comic in a post-apocalyptic setting, before suddenly realizing how depressing its setting is and playing that up. It's got good pacing, and it's a real pageturner. Aaron apparently nearly killed himself updating five times a week, before scaling it back to three times a week.

Oh, and most characters are anthropomorphic mutants. There's a lot of focus on identity issues.

As for the other Aaron, I don't think Diaz would be found dead here, let alone visit this place. That guy is so firmly up his own ass, it's unbelievable.

He also makes more on Patreon than Aaron Neathery and Ashley Cope put together. Oh joy.
>>
>>82773054
Man, I miss the Webcomic Overlook.
>>
>>82774086
>have you seen what she looks like?

No?
>>
>>82775263
>Depends on what you're into. It's a bit of a weird comic. It starts out as a really mediocre gag comic in a post-apocalyptic setting, before suddenly realizing how depressing its setting is and playing that up. It's got good pacing, and it's a real pageturner. Aaron apparently nearly killed himself updating five times a week, before scaling it back to three times a week.
Sounds neat. I'll look into it if I don't completely forget it exists.

>As for the other Aaron, I don't think Diaz would be found dead here, let alone visit this place. That guy is so firmly up his own ass, it's unbelievable.
Yeah, that's why I couldn't believe someone was saying /co/ likes "Aaron." I didn't know there were any others in webcomics.
God do I hate Aaron Diaz
>>
When I make a webcomic I'll put enough pages to get /co/ interested (ea. Waifu pandering) then when they get hooked stop updating, make threads dedicated to my comic posed as an anon then proceed to pander to them in the threads with waifus and empty promises.

Update when I feel like it.
>>
File: smug anime face.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>82777189
Good thing I will still have the rest of the internet to pander to my waifu needs.
>>
>>82754695
>>82770893
Pretty sure all she said was that comments like that were kind of gross or creepy and /co/ threw a tantrum.
>>
>>82749902

What is up with their website? Keeps coming back as down.
>>
>>82767696
>There are two kinds of Unsounded readers: the ones who read and retain it, and the ones who can't remember further than two pages back.
I've seen people complain that so much time passes between Lackadaisy updates that they've forgotten the entire plot, which is hilarious since Lackadaisy is an incredibly straightforward story. Some people are just dumb.
>>
>>82783945
>and the ones who can't remember further than two pages back.

Guilty. I don't know what i'd do without the comments section on the website.
>>
>>82776990
>God do I hate Aaron Diaz

I think everyone on /co/ does. I used to read Dresden Codak as an edgy first year student who was convinced he was way into "SCIENCE!!!". And even with that knowledge in the back of my head, I can confidentally say that the gag comics were better than whatever the fuck it is he's doing now. That would be the end of it if this guy weren't the biggest cunt in webcomics.

I mean, take that screencap up there. It's from a blog called the Webcomic Overlook, and the author was a really reasonable guy. He wrote good reviews, and never went for a hitpiece. That's what Diaz considers a "scathing review", while simultaneously smugly redesigning iconic characters to be "better". Designs which recently got completely chewed out by an industry professional after he took a dump on Eisner. You know, while also refusing to update a memey, masturbatory waifu comic he gets paid to make. And drawing naked pictures of said waifu and pretending he's a an empowering feminist.

Aaron Diaz seems like an experiment to create the most punchable face known to man. One that went horribly wrong, as there are apparently still people who love the cunt enough to keep sending him their hard-earned cash after years of broken promises. There are people who pay him 20$ a fucking month, and all they get for it is a 1 hour Q&A session a month. People spend money to talk to this guy.

And it all nets him more cash a month than doctors who work insane shifts earn here in Western Europe. He fucking disgusts me. I wouldn't even feed Aaron Diaz to my dog.
>>
>>82786245
>Designs which recently got completely chewed out by an industry professional after he took a dump on Eisner.
Link?
>>
>>82749902
The fact that the comic requires an update schedule fucks with its pacing so much. Ashley should really just update the comic a chapter/segment at a time.
>>
>>82786468
No, fuck that. I'm okay with conversations lasting weeks as long as I get a consistent stream of Unsounded.
>>
>>82786273
Eh, this was a week ago on Twatter. One artist specifically chewed him out and called him a jabroni, but I don't think there are any screencaps, and I don't recall who it was.
>>
>>82773517
Because she's a delicate flower who's been spoiled by fans constantly telling her she's awesome and cool and the comic is amazing and perfect in every way and anyone disagreeing is just plain wrong and has shit taste and is a plebeian simpleton. It's made her skin soft and thin; it seems she's capable if slight self-deprecating jokes but just can't cope with actual criticism at all, despite publishing her product and asking money for it.

I mean she got like 3 sycophantic asks from /co/ anons stroking her ego and telling her to be brave and ignore the haters and carry on because she's sooooo amazing - because 1 anon post saying that the comic is nice but a bit girly for his tastes. It's so mild it barely counts as criticism, just a "meh, not my personal favourite", but people treat it like it's unreasonably vitriolic and treat her like champion of creativity ("you deserve an Eisner for the comic and that response!!") for telling off the haters.

I think that's one factor in her not making it bit. It's nicer to stay in your little private clubhouse with the fanatically loyal fans who'll feed you a constant stream of praise and harasses anyone disagreeing with your choices into silence, apologizing or leaving than it is to go big and accept that with the exposure inevitably comes criticism.
>>
>>82786683
except the criticism was fucking moronic
>>
>>82786683
dang, tulstenebrose is that you?
>>
>>82787458
Found one of the sycophants.
>>
>>82787486
i don't even read this comic
>>
>>82787495
Then you don't have any business passing judgement on someone's opinion of the comic.
>>
>>82787542
i do because the opinion itself expresses a harmful and idiotic mindset; his conclusions are that any story focusing on characterization and emotions are "girly"
>>
>>82787571
That's retarded, mate. No-one has ANY issue when you say, for instance, that MLP is girl stuff. It's the entire reason people think Bronies are weird.

Where do you permanently offended people get off, really? Do you enjoy being angry?
>>
How is this thread still going? The actual guy who posted the comment sent something to her and she just wrote it off. What is everyone so pissy about?
>>
>>82777189
Hey Kazerad.
>when
>>
>>82787571
Guys, let's all chill out.

When a comic that is considered high quality, and clearly grimdark half the time, gets called "girly" I can see why people would get pissed off. But, it's pointless. This is 4chan. Any scatterbrained nerd can waltz in here and say whatever they want without thinking about their choice of words. In fact, this type of posting makes up over half of the site's content.

PS: Unsounded is the best comic ever and anyone who disagrees with me is a commie :^)
>>
>>82787695
Because the OP intended for the thread to spiral into drama and it is working just as planned.
>>
File: Stalin_1902.jpg (500KB, 897x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_1902.jpg
500KB, 897x1206px
>>82787998
Nothing wrong with being a commie.
>>
>>82787571
>people having differing tastes and voicing their opinions is harmful and idiotic, people should only be allowed to heap praise on creators and criticism is literally abuse, only one opinion (mine) allowed
>>
>>82787998
>I can see why people would get pissed off
I can't. There are a lot of people in the world and nothing, NOTHING can please everyone because people simply like different things and want different things from their entertainment; such is life. Throwing a bitch fit like this because one anon made one post commenting that hmm even though it's mostly good he dislikes this aspect of it and made a quirky word choice trying to define what he's not enthusiastic about (he didn't even dislike it as a whole, just an aspect) is retarded. Someone posting the quote at her blog fishing for controversy is retarded, her taking the bait and legit getting butthurt because the whole world doesn't unconditionally love her stuff like chump is retarded (and unprofessional), and fanboys here getting all worked up and treating "it's good but" as some grave insult that's """""harmful"""" and objectively wrong is so mouthbreathingly moronic words fail me.
>>
>>82754679
No. Ashley is clearly triggered and throwing a bit of a fit here but she's not a stupid cunt like Kate Beaton. Ashley has proven on many occasions that she is a cool and talented person in general so she gets some leeway. She's not a shitscribbling tumblr feminist like Beaton. I'm kind of offended you would compare the two.
>>
>>82783945
I don't even consider Lackadaisy to be a story. It's just a collection of art at this point. You can't update once every two years and call people dumb for not remembering what's going on.
>>
>>82788063
Yeah no. The complaints were stupid and got defused, so you deflected everything to "you are just white knights" and antagonized the whole thread with your "me vs you" mentality. You are under the illusion that long posts full of synonyms to insult your "opponents" give you a moral high ground, but that never works, no matter how many hashtag you put after the rant.
>>
>>82788313
I think you're confusing me with someone else here.
>>
That's a LOT of hostility being directed at someone for politely expressing their non-hostile opinion. I thought Ashley was cooler than that.
>>
>>82787998
Girly does not equal "poor quality". It equals "things that are stereotypically attractive to girls". Unsounded has those right along the dark (not grimdark) stuff.
>>
>>82789244
She answered the guy directly, and seemed a lot more mellow. I think it has to do with the Anon who sent it to her basically taking it out of context, and priming her by presenting it as an insult.

She does seem be to be sensitive, but she's sensitive across the board. Maybe she had to deal with misogynistic stuff before. I can imagine that being a thing, when you draw a loli every pedo and his dog jack off to.
>>
File: klok.png (155KB, 411x312px) Image search: [Google]
klok.png
155KB, 411x312px
>Calling Duane effeminate
>>
>>82750423
Extremely underrated post. This could have saved a thread.
>>
>>82789244
Yeah same. It's surprising and disappointing
>>
I thought /co/ was supposed to be one of the "good" boards. You're just as full of stereotypes, pseudo intellectualism, witch-hunting, and faggotry as the rest of this hole. And what a bunch of hypocrites ragging on an artist for being too sensitive when you've stretched this thread out to 200+ posts with your own hyper-sensitivity over a perceived ill reception of your own precious opinions.

You're all a bunch of fucking women, honestly, with egos as sensitive as any webcomic artist's, who seem to lack the ability to read contextually or you'd realize this entire thread has no basis. Such illiteracy is surprising on a comics board. Or maybe you just read these things to jerk it. Anyway, kill yourselves, etc.
>>
>>82793005
The only thing that annoys me is that this thread has lasted five times as long as any actual Unsounded thread.
>>
>>82793005
Lots of pretty words but it doesn't change the fact that both the artist and her fanbase come across as ridiculously hypersensitive and thin-skinned. The original "critique" was the mildest possible way of an anon indicating he doesn't entirely love everything about a work, and it got treated like a brutal, unreasonable, vitriolic attack.

Your post is a grand example. "Witch-hunting", for saying that oh maybe someone who is actually trying to make a living publishing a work shouldn't throw a bitch fit when there's ONE comment online saying it has a flaw? Telling people to kill themselves for saying anything negative about your fav webcomic artist or the way they handle critique?

The thread's basis is exactly in observing the hysterical overreactions of both the artist and the fandom over what was essentially still a compliment. It's both amusing and a little pathetic. If someone acts unprofessional, it'll get talked about.
>>
>>82793005
/Co/ hasn't been a good board for years
>>
so does sette have a pussy or what
>>
>>82798157
no.
>>
>>82798157
"I don't got whatcha want. It ain't only me tail that's different."
>>
>>82798333
To be fair at the time he was trying to feel up her chest
>>
This is the longest a Unsounded thread has lasted in over a year and it's not even about a update!
>>
File: 1463187990848.gif (2MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1463187990848.gif
2MB, 200x170px
>>82795552
>/Co/
>>
>>82799094
It's not even about Unsounded.
>>
>>82793787
>Unsounded is girly.
>It is not.
>hysterical overreations of both

Who?
>>
>>82799142
The statement still stands.
>>
>>82798333
>>82798186
this comic is fucking shit why does anybody read it
>>
File: 1449538623772.png (79KB, 403x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449538623772.png
79KB, 403x750px
>>82801415
Because Sette is adorable with or without anatomical features. And that alone is enough to keep me reading. Also, she still has a mouth, hands, feet, armpits, and butt cheeks if you really need to sexualize her that badly.
>>
>>82801415
I like it.
>>
File: 1462199108943.jpg (24KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
1462199108943.jpg
24KB, 300x152px
>>82801415
because of qt3.14 zombie husbando
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.