[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, can we talk about how RDJ knocked this movie out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 47

Holy shit, can we talk about how RDJ knocked this movie out of the park? The guy practically stole the show every second he was in the scene.

This is the first time I've been looking forward to more Stark in the MCU since Iron Man 1. RDJ's fucking great when he's playing a serious character and not le quip man.
>>
File: Disguting shit.png (177KB, 672x562px) Image search: [Google]
Disguting shit.png
177KB, 672x562px
>>82635247
>>
>RDJ
>Not a great quip man
I know everyone here got tired of him but there's a reason Iron Man was so successful.
>>
i have to admit, the serious tony was refreshing and RDJ played him really well. alcoholism when?
>>
>>82635247

The movie had a number of good performances.

Just enough humor to not let the movie get mired in its own darkness, serious without being edgy, fantastic without being cartoonish.

Quippy Avengers movies might not have been the winning strategy before this, but I think its fair to say that Civil War wouldnt have packed the same punch if it didn't carry that weight of 'shit just got real' from the tone shift.
>>
>>82635247
His delivery of I don't care. He killed my mom. gave me chills
>>
RDJ, Steve, Black Panther and Ant-Man were all great. I loved spider man as well(how he was written) but holy fuck he looked so fake it broke my suspension of disbelief. he was like a cartoon come to life
>>
>>82635247
I guess it felt like he practically stole the show because he literally forced himself into the show and stole it from Chris Evans.
>>
>>82635398
oh, there was supposed to be a civil war without iron man?
>>
>>82635366
Is it just me or is all of the CG in these movies getting worse and worse?

Well, specifically AoU looked the worst. This movie was slightly better, but only slightly.
>>
>>82635438
why even have a CG spidey suit?
>>
>>82635318
That was good as shit
I can even forgive that at that point he had been told explicitly by Zemo that his plan was to make them fight
>>
>>82635247
Reminder that if RDJ hadn't jewed himself into Cap 3 we wouldn't have gotten Civil War at all.
>>
>>82635452
I think in this case they may have literally done it so set photos wouldn't spoil it
>>
>>82635418
There was never going to be a Civil War at all until Marvel felt the need to compete with BvS.
>>
>>82635530
well then thank god they did.
>>
>>82635530
Compete with what?
>>
>>82635438
Young Tony was fucking impressive. I felt the same way about Young Hank Pym.

I don't know how they fucked up so monumentally on the scenes with Tony having his helmet off while wearing his armor. It just looks so bad. OP's image is the only time it works.
>>
I don't get where they go from here? i mean who the fuck is even left to fight thanos, they're all missing or in jail or fugitives. no more iron man movies, no more cap movies, how will they reassemble by infinity war
>>
File: 1431036742910.jpg (277KB, 634x905px) Image search: [Google]
1431036742910.jpg
277KB, 634x905px
>>82635530
Well fuck at least there's one positive thing to come from BvS.
>>
>>82635558
No. The Cap "trilogy" turned out to be 2 Cap movies and one Avengers 2.5 movie.

I want an actual Captain America sequel.

>>82635559
Compete with BvS like I said. And I get what point you're trying to make but I'm ignoring it.
>>
>>82635591
>no more iron man movies, no more cap movies
Evans is in talks to sign on for more Cap films and RDJ did say in an interview that he feels like he has one more Iron Man in him.
>>
>>82635591
The final few minutes already shows them making up. Steve even shows up to take his friends out of jail.

The whole movie was fucking pointless.
>>
>>82635398
the russos did it... they beg RDJ to be in the movie
>>
>>82635630
Just because Steve apologized doesn't mean the rest of his team did. Especially Wanda or Clint or Scott. An they're fugitives and will remain so for a while.
>>
>spidey gets rekt by cap
>iron man gets rekt by cap

how fucking strong is this cap
>>
>>82635683
Spidey was inexperienced and Stark had a broken suit/fighting two people

Cap is actually not that strong compared to those two
>>
>>82635671
For a while yeah. It won't last. This felt like an episode of a cartoon where everything just goes back to status quo at the end.

Then again the comics did the same thing.
>>
>>82635683
Strong as FREEDOM itself, son.
>>
>>82635671
Technically, that's kind of their own fault, not Stark's. Don't know what beef Clint is supposed to have with him other than a childish "It's everybody's fault but my own!" mentality.

Wanda maybe I can understand but after being locked up on the Raft, she should probably have a better idea of what Stark meant when he said he was trying to protect her. Sure, it sucked and he's an asshole for not telling her, but he did it so the guvmint wouldn't put her in a straight jacket and collar in fear of her powers.
>>
So what is Cap's new, Wakandan shield going to have on it? A hammer and sickle?
>>
Every time they show the inside view of his helmet where he's looking at the integrated UI it looks awkward as there is no way there is that much space between his face and the faceplate.
>>
>>82635756
Ever put on an Oculus? When we go in the helmet we're seeing what Tony sees in an Oculus kind of way, except from the front
>>
>>82635756
It's supposed to be representative of what he's seeing in the HUD while also giving an excuse to show the actor's face without taking off the helmet.
>>
>>82635683
He's getting stronger every movie.
By Avengers 5 he's going to be Superman strong.
>>
>>82635683
Iron Man was clearly stronger and only lost because he wasn't willing to use lethal force and fou guy t both him and Bucky at the same time. And Spiderman has lost to CA in the comics before. In this movie he seems clearly superior to CA in strength (e.g. effortlessly overpowering Bucky with one arm), but still very inexperienced as a result of being 15.
>>
>>82635247
What's funny is, CW was supposed to shit all over RDJ. It was intentionally rewritten to do so after RDJ asked for more screen time. His contract with Marvel was up, and they told him that the success of this movie determines his future with Marvel. If it does well, it's because of him. If it flops, it's because of him.

Marvel wants nothing to do with RDJ now that his contract is up, but RDJ isn't ready to stop being a super hero.
>>
>>82635730
it was cap who broke his suit in the first place though
>>
>>82635814
Wasn't it Stark not wanting to give up being a hero that made Piper leave him in the MCU?

Jesus, the writers hate him more than they do Spider-man.
>>
>>82635812
It was cool to see iron man scanning cap's moves, but i kinda wanted cap to then start improvising fighting moves so iron man can't copy them. instead he just sort of uses brute power

also anyone else love that whole exchange between cap and spidey?
>"you got heart, kid? where you from?"
>queens
>brooklyn

i dunno, it was such a cap thing to say
>>
>>82635834
Still, if Stark was trying to kill both, or if he was fighting one on one with either, he comes out on top. Especially when he gives FRIDAY control of the suit
>>
>>82635683

Spidey got physics against him, all he did was ry to web Cap. A more experienced Spidey would've kicked Cap's ass.

Tony lost because he wanted to fist fight two people, one of them with a vibranium shield, when clearly his thing is flying and shooting lasers.
>>
>>82635890
>i dunno, it was such a cap thing to say
Because it's pottery, the exact some exchange happens in the first CA movie.
>>
>>82635890
>i dunno, it was such a cap thing to say
I think because it showed there wasn't animosity from him towards Spiderman, like other circumstances would've resulted in sharing pizza and non-alcoholic drinks together.
>>
>>82635920
"i can do this all day" was pottery as well. god i love mcu cap, he's the best parts of comic cap without the high horse arrogance.
>>
>Steve's most famous speech in comic history is given by Peggy

jesus is there no end to peggy shilling
>>
>>82635810
>yfw Cap single-handedly beat Thanos in Infinity War
>>
>>82635463
He doesn't care he killed his mom
>>
>>82636072
why was howard stark recast? there was no need to have an old mad men guy when the flashbacks were in the past, they could have just given the other guy some grey hairs
>>
>>82635630
He's illegally breaking them out, not just walking up to the front desk and ordering up a set of Avengers
>>
>>82635814
>Marvel wants nothing to do with RDJ now that his contract is up
And how do they expect to do phase infinity war without him?

It's not like replacing norton after one lacklustre film with ruffalo, this is the guy that started the fucking franchise.
>>
>>82635247
I thought he was really good, but in the scene where the Avengers are discussing the accords his line delivery is so weird. He says everything in a way that makes it really annoying, and maybe this is just autism on my part but idk
Like the way he says "while we were busy KICKING ASS"
>>
>>82636153
The original plan was to kill him off in CW, if I remember correctly.
>>
File: whatifa.jpg (143KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
whatifa.jpg
143KB, 640x625px
>>82636027
>no you move is Cap's most famous speech
Bzzzzt, try again
>>
>>82636100
Mad Man was Howard Stark first in Iron Man 2
>>
>>82636149
Don't be dense. Steve shows up out of costume. He just walks up to the cell and him and Sam just smile at each other. You really think a prison break would be that casual?
>>
>>82636155
god that thing was so stupid. and fucking ross too.

>new york
>washington DC
>sokovia

i just wanted steve to tell him maybe the military would have done a better job-oh no wait there would be no planet earth had they depended on "thunderbolt" ross. fucking seriously, like it's the avengers fault an alien army invaded new york.

how the fuck were they supposed to stop all collateral damage, it's not like any of them is superman for gods sake
>>
>>82636100
The one in this movie was the original Howard Stark actor from Iron Man 2. He was cast before the one in Captain America.
>>
>>82636181
That's really stupid plan holy shit how would disney ever sign off on killing part of the great cow that keeps on giving.
One part, but an integral part.
>>
>>82636181
If you remember what? Faraci's insider info?
>>
>>82636239
Disney doesn't need a reason to be retarded with their decisions.
>>
>>82635466
t. Ike Perlmutter
>>
>>82636220
>You really think a prison break would be that casual?
If you have black widow disabling everything behind the scene to get capt to that point, yeah, pretty fucking casual.

It's a prison in the middle of the sea on a submersible island. Comic book movie.

Don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>82636282
Money is a reason, their only reason, for doing anything.
Don't think they could be that retarded.
>>
>>82636203
>>82636236
i stand corrected. and i don't even want to know why the fuck you remember iron man 2

and what is up with the women in the mcu

>herp derp Jane is mysteriously gone
>herp derp Piper is mysteriously gone
>Sharon appears and disappears randomly

stop casting famous actresses as love interests if you can't get them back-and WHY can't you get them back, you're like the most lucrative franchise in the world
>>
>>82636291
>black widow disabling everything behind the scene
She's a fucking fugitive too, you idiot. She helped Steve escape. She's on the run.
>>
>>82635318
>tony says "so was i" in a bitter biting tone in the movie, not a forlorn one
fuck, that got me
>>
>>82635247
No he was sad quipman. He hasn't been allowed to play anything other than quipman under the mouse. This was very much quipman even with the pen comment.
>>
>>82635438
there are so many times where the CG was noticeably bad.

1. crossbone's wild ride garbage truck peeling out in an overly animated fashion
2. cap falling out of the window of the disease control place
3. panther's triple kick
4. most shots of tony without his helmet
>>
>>82636304
Guess again. Remember when they canned MotorCity, even though it would have been a huge cash cow with kids? And the same with TRON: Uprising. They bitched that the show wasn't reaching it's target demographic on a sunday midnight timeslot, so it wasn't even worth trying to sell toys.
>>
>>82636153
I actually liked Norton. Ruffalo is definitely a better fit, but Norton had a certain charm to him-- more than Eric Bana, anyway.
>>
>>82635751
a man laughing mirthfully, grasping upon his own breast
>>
>>82635566
Young Tony used up 90% of their CG budget
>>
>>82636390
well you know, several roles have been recast by now, makes me wonder if they can just James Bond the MCU. just cast a new cap who is the same cap for example.
>>
>>82636316
>i don't even want to know why the fuck you remember iron man 2

I'm not a goldfish

>>82636220
YOU stop being dense. Before the shot of him walking up to Sam's cell there was a shot of the prison guards knocked out and the monitors flickering. As Stark was reading the letter he got a call from Ross raving about a problem at the prison.

>>82636221
Plus the Avengers were specifically assembled by SHIELD for New York, and knocking out the helicarriers in DC was a plan crafted by Fury's people, carried out with his permission. Neither of those were instances of the Avengers acting alone.
>>
>>82636324
How? They were never friends! Ever! Just teammates for a while.
>>
>>82636220
steve beat the fuck out of all the raft guards
>>
>>82636458
And Stark was the one who kept being a dick to Cap at every turn prior to this movie. Cap doesn't owe him shit.
>>
>>82636446
>Before the shot of him walking up to Sam's cell there was a shot of the prison guards knocked out and the monitors flickering. As Stark was reading the letter he got a call from Ross raving about a problem at the prison.
So Steve masterminds a prisonbreak just to chill in the front of Sam's cell. Brilliant cinema.
>>
>>82636322
Yeah retard. What does an infiltrator do but infiltrate a prison in order to facilitate a break?

Use your imagination if you have one.
Shit.
>>
>>82636458
you underestimate the power of tony stark's ego

in his eyes, he and cap were friends
>>
>>82636493
When has Widow shown the mental capacity to hack Stark security?
>>
>>82636221
>>82636446
Ross also conveniently forgets the military ordered a nuclear strike on fucking Manhattan
>>
>>82636458
>!
Fuck off
>>
>>82636491
you're fucking retarded. do you literally require every moment to be explicitly stated to you?

do you need them to put a big fucking A and a big fucking B on the screen and then have them connect the motherfucking DOTS?

prison break off-screen, cap's team exfils to wakanda, bucky put on ice, anti-accords avengers in hiding
>>
>>82636511
1. Stark didn't make the prison. He tells Hawkeye he didn't know about it.

2. She displayed some computer skills in Winter Soldier, who knows
>>
File: Robert-Downey-Jr-in-Iron-Man.jpg (100KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Downey-Jr-in-Iron-Man.jpg
100KB, 1200x600px
And now a man who needs no introduction, whose deeds speak more than any speech ever could.

A man who enjoys building maniacal homicidal robots, throwing good-hearted heroes in prison cells and straight jackets, and alcoholism to deal with the pain of being a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist... Tony Stark!

Fuck Tony. Dude can never accept anyone else's viewpoint if it conflicts with his own.
>>
>>82636220
We see a shot of guards in the prison knocked out before Cap walks up to Sam.
It wasn't because they threw a raucous kegger to celebrate.
>>
>>82636511
Don't need to hack stark security when the human element is the weakest.
>>
>>82636430
It's ambiguous whether James Bond is the same Bond these days, but I take your point.
>>
>>82636316
Natalie Portman wanted out after her Oscar

Don't know about Gwyneth Paltrow
>>
>>82636520
>muh board culture
I can think of nothing more pathetic to give a shit about.
>>
>>82636573
you type like a choade though
>>
>>82636406
And it looked fucking terrible. But I liked that young Tony used so much eyeliner.
>>
>>82636576
I'm not even them, but regardless, who cares?
>>
>>82636569
>Don't know about Gwyneth Paltrow
I think she wanted in but they couldn't find the time.
She's like the reverse of Portman.
>>
>>82636569
wanted money

and or marvel was done dealing with her

no big loss, the love interests of the MCU have all sucked shit so far

jane foster was a terrible character and pepper was only fun when she was his secretary and not his ball and chain. remember that bit in IM2 where tony and pepper sat ringside to watch black widow beat the snot out of jon favreau? that was an actual fun moment
>>
>>82636541
>enjoys building maniacal homicidal robots
Was not happy with what happened with Ultron. If the entire movie wasn't clear on that. It's not like he was trying to make an evil robot.

>throwing good-hearted heroes in prison cells and straight jackets
Actual war criminals who were knowingly acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations

>and alcoholism
He beat his alcoholism by the end of Iron Man 2

Clint pls go
>>
>>82636541
>A man who enjoys building maniacal homicidal robots
you mean ROBOT (singular)

and he only did that because of the actions of one of those """"""""""""good-hearted"""""""""""" heroes
>>
>>82636587
because then i have to read his post
>>
>>82636614
>knowingly acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations
You mean like governments do all the time?
>>
>>82635814
Source?
>>
>>82636614
>Actual war criminals

They weren't at war

> who were knowingly acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations

In order to stop a guy who had just bombed the UN and who had the location of half a dozen super soldiers.
>>
>>82636532
Show, don't tell. That's the #1 rule of visual story.
>>
>>82636657
maybe the UN should sanction the avengers with their army

OH WAIT
>>
Honestly, i just want a vision/wanda sex scene.
>>
>>82636627
Dude, shut the fuck up. Reply to people who interest you, not the ones who commit minor faux pas.
Fucking autist.
>>
>>82636694
Hes too autistic
>>
>>82636691
And yet, they showed you that he beat up all the guards and you somehow missed it. You sound like one of those guys who needs to be told.
>>
>>82636691
And they were showing, not telling.
You're definitely an idiot.
>>
>>82636691
your rule gets superseded by another rule: cut out tedious unnecessary bullshit
>>
>>82636569
Her contract was also up after IM3, they opted not to bring her in and used the breakup write off as a way to set Tony up as a vulnerable man who lost the only stability he had in his life.
>>
>>82636611
Portman is just difficult.
Yeah she missed the Avengers because of pregnet but she's just over it.
>>
>>82636657
>>82636692
well the technology in this world is futuristic so it's either slightly in the future or a slightly alternate earth. clearly the UN in this world isn't as ineffectual and useless as ours
>>
>>82636701
what if his fucking stupid typing quirks interest me?

i really want to get to know him better.
>>
>>82636721
It's unnecessary to show a prison break during a prison break?
>>
>>82636737
We have no evidence that the UN is effective at all
>>
>>82636614
>acting in direct opposition to a bill signed and ratified by the United Nations
>the UN
lmao like anyone gives a shit
hydra is less corrupt and more useful than the un, in film or irl could ever be
>>
>>82636744
Well, don't let me get in the way of young love.
>>
>>82636747
it's unnecessary to show a prison break when you've already shown all the FUCKING GUARDS KNOCKED OUT AND NO ALARMS BEING SOUNDED
>>
>>82636747
Snartfags pls
>>
>>82636027
>Steve's most infamous speech in comic history is given by Peggy

FTFY
>>
>>82636737
because of wakanda. no one wants to piss off wakanda
>>
>>82636744
Then trade numbers and fuck off back to twitter or facebook and stop cancering up /co/ more than it already is. Stupid faggot.
>>
>>82636573
>>82636701
reddit tier comments
8/10
>>
>>82636737
>clearly the UN in this world isn't as ineffectual and useless as ours

>Tony shows Ross the evidence that someone intentionally framed Bucky for the UN bombing, then impersonated the psychiatrist to get close to him
>"hurr I dontq care"

MCU UN has Ross. They're worse if anything.
>>
>>82636747
Did you want them to show Cap opening every cell and the Avengers walking out to the Wakandan Quintet?
>>
>>82636747
it was implied
sorry if your autism doesn't allow you to suspend your disbelief about a missing next 5 mins of a comic book movie
best you get back to masturbating over technical manuals about fictional worlds
>>
>>82636731
>Heeeeeeeeeey Ms Paltrow
>We found your replacement!
>>
>>82636781
how is pointing out stupid shit in any way worse than doing said stupid shit in the first place?
>>
>>82636611
>the love interests of the MCU have all sucked shit so far

Don't talk shit about based Peggy.
>>
>>82636768
Not to mention Ross bitching to Tony about prison probs.
There's no cure for his kind of retardation. Just ignore.
>>
>>82636789
wrestling tier writing
>>
>>82636794
Apparently.
Faggot needs to see the characters taking shits and eating too, other wise
>hurr how are they aliv?
>>
>>82636803
yes please.
>>
>>82636803
i want may to walk in on peter and get a face full of web

>>82636813
in the MCU, peggy kissed cap once and then got alzheimers. tv shows don't factor into the movie, regardless of how big hayley's atwells are.
>>
>>82636813
Didn't mind Peggy.
Pepper desu isn't too bad. Maybe it's because she's actually had more screen time than the others in order to flesh her out. She's not annoying.
Jane is annoying and just not believable. As always Portman's wooden Pamedala acting ruins every scene she's in.
Can't even remember how Liv Tyler was.
Hope I'm neutral towards. Didn't piss me off. Didn't really care.
Does Natasha count a as love interest?
>>
>>82636794
>>82636798
Yeah glossing over important events is perfectly fine when Marvel does it.
>>
>>82636625
This.

People tend to forget their "#1 Waifu" was not only directly involved in the creation of UItron, she actively helped him hurt people.
>>
>>82636910
This is not a sincere post.
>>
>>82636848
She didn't get a lot of screen time if we're just looking at the movies, but she was still cool in CA:TFA and Ant-Man. And we know she founded SHIELD. That's enough to like her.
>>
>>82636896
If Natasha counts as Bruce's love interest then she's the worst of the worst.
>>
>>82636928
She was a really cool character, I agree. Just sorta got shafted by the whole time progression.

Her introduction in TFA was excellent.

>Gets disrespected
>Step forward, private.
>Okay little lady.
POW right in the kisser
>>
File: 1385763492126.jpg (87KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
1385763492126.jpg
87KB, 716x960px
>>82636910
>taking a shit
>important event
>>
>>82636910
Are you just annoyed that you keep getting BTFO'ed because you didn't pay attention to basic shit?
>>
>>82636611

Kat Dennings needs to replace Natalie as Thor's love interest. Complete with a cleavage-revealing outfit.
>>
>>82635318
The shield line got me.
>>
>>82637006
For you, was it because Tony was totally justified in that?
>>
>>82636984
Kat Denning's incredible chest as well as actual personality would be a welcome change of pace for a female lead. I would even be fine with, and perhaps prefer, it's just Thor and Darcy go on weird Other Realm adventures. No need to shoehorn love into it. She gets to go see all these strange dangerous and interesting places and he gets confused by "hashtags."

Turn Thor movies into Hellboy movies is what I'm saying.
>>
>>82636958
at least she has her own TV series, one that the movies are more willing to acknowledge than AOS/Netflix shit
>>
>>82636962
What?
>>
I don't get if Black Panther is superhuman? I mean is he at Cap's level, because some of the shit he does can't be explained by martial arts. or is that the vibranium suit?
>>
>>82637144
Bitches don't even KNOW bout my heart-shaped herb
>>
>Give me back my Rhodey!
I love how the movie showed that Tony and Rhodes are still best buds, especially with that double punch they gave Scott.
>>
I loved how cap wrote him a nice letter and he forgave everything in the end.
>>
>>82637144
This >>82637167

>>82637190
I fucking loved that Tony kept his promise to Ross
>>
>>82637190
>Tony forgave him.
Yeah, no. Tony probably understands why Cap did what he did, but its still gonna be awhile until they're really friends again.
>>
>>82637167
yeah that's what i'm saying, i don't know if this version is supposed to be enhanced or if the suit is what's giving him the extra strength
>>
>>82636747
Jesus christ, guy. It's implied and not shown to give the audience that kind of mystery/build up/cliffhanger.
>>
>>82637224
Well they were never really friends to begin with, so it seems like absolutely nothing happened.
>>
>>82637225
I'm pretty sure BP himself is strong, since he was able to kick Bucky's WS mode with relative ease
>>
>>82637270
They were friends, not best friends, but still friends. You can tell that they were both happy to be on the same side again when they were searching for Zemo together.
>>
>>82637006
Me too anon. Poor guy was so miserable.
>>
>>82637037
It's not the justification. Just the flow of the events. His dad did make the shield and now it was used to smash him and protect the "murderer" of his father. I can see where both parties were coming from.
>>
>>82635814
I call this bullshit.
>>
>>82637190
>forgave
Stark? Nah.
>>
>>82635591
Secret Avengers kick ass with Cap leading the charge holding a new Wakandan shield. Normal Avengers suck peens. Thor and Hulk come home after they all get fucking decimated by Thanos when he kills Vision for his stone. Next we all rally
behind Cap when he lifts meowmeow and says "Avengers Assemble!" for the first fuckign time and boners burst into wet spots before we all collapse with a bit of regret over the whole thing being over
>>
>>82635591
Infinity War 1 will be about Thanos gathering the stones, and ends with the snap
>>
>>82636304
Anon, the guy is either baiting you or is genuinely stupid, nothing was ever said about Tony dying in CW, or that he was supposed to be a complete villain
>>
>>82637477
I think I read that Infinity 1 regards the team tries to get together and overcome the old disagreements

Infinity 2 will be on space against Thanos
>>
>>82636221
Plus Wanda's handling of the bomb is what finally sparked all of the events in the movie (he was probably just waiting for another mistake) but how would them being under UN order change shit? If they didn't get sent a madman gets set free to do whatever the fuck they want and if they were allowed to go the same exact shit would have happened. And I'm sure the avengers probably would have just gotten thrown under the bus in that situation, either that or told to bend over backwards to make amends.
>>
File: Slow-mo - color corrected.webm (3MB, 1280x569px) Image search: [Google]
Slow-mo - color corrected.webm
3MB, 1280x569px
>>
>>82637727
Best fucking part.
>>
>>82637727
>actually using scenery as panels
Snyder take note
>>
>>82637820
You're picking on the one thing Snyder does well, man.
>>
>>82637842
He'll adapt scenes from the books, but it's just the scenes, not the actual structure of a comic
>>
>>8263>>82636316

Nobody cares about those girls. More dumb chicks = less Spider-man.
>>
>>82637945
What is Spider-man without girl drama?
>>
>>82637995
Spider-Man Loves Mary-Jane is the greatest comic series of all time.
>>
>>82637906
I meant framing/blocking/whatever it is, I can't keep up.

It's actually the one thing the Russos do the worst out of all the phase 3 MCU directors. Gunn's pretty good, Reed wasn't that bad, Waititi is fucking great, etc...

The Russos show a bit of their TV-work. Meaning they can manage their time very well, they don't shoot superfluous stuff to cut later, and they know how to squeeze character out of everything from the dialogue to the fighting. But they are also fairly weak at making things actually look good beyond TV-good.

That flashback scene from Tony was pretty good, though, and it's never as offensively bad as Avengers 1.

Maybe with the Avengers' budget/schedule they can manage it better. The cinematographer that worked on GotG was the same as AoU and he made Whedon's shit look half-decent, so there's hope.
>>
>>82638086
>cinematographer
the one for CW also did TWS, and will soon do both Infinity Wars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Opaloch
>>
>>82637006
>Cap actually leaves it there

A+ moment.
>>
>>82638158
Eh, I prefer the dude from GotG, although some of that might be Gunn's eye. He's pretty good at it.

Although, cosmic Marvel is very pretty and full of colours and nebulas so it's pretty easy to make look good. Heck, Thor 2 looks beautiful. The Russos straight wanted to ground Cap's movies, but have already said they'll differ their approach to the cosmic stuff, so I'm not too worried, just curious.
>>
>>82636221
Reminder that the military solution in New York was to nuke the entire city, which the avengers stopped
>>
>>82638209
>although some of that might be Gunn's eye
that cinematographer is doing Doctor Strange, so we'll see
>>
>>82636916
Black Panther did no such thing
>>
>THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU as he lies bloody and broken
crying irl
>>
>>82635683
They've basically turned him into Golden Age Superman minus being bulletproof. He's way stronger than comic Cap.
>>
Does Black Panther have diplomatic immunity when operating as a "hero"? He was never an avenger, so he doesn't actually have to follow the accord, right?
>>
File: 1388261568792.jpg (456KB, 656x732px) Image search: [Google]
1388261568792.jpg
456KB, 656x732px
What sort of motorcycle do you think Bucky rides?
>>
>>82638466
Probably
What i think is, unless he actually signed the Accords, being part of Stark's (or is Ross considered the boss?) special force he must've been granted special rights to be free to fight legally
>>
>>82638536
I don't know but I can give him something else to ride on
my bike
>>
>>82638359
In theory yes. In practice, comic book "peak humans" are so overpowered that there's little effective difference.
>>
>>82636583
That's actually just how young-RDJ looked.
>>
>>82636747
You're the guy who watches Birdemic and thinks "Thank god they showed him finding a parking spot before he got out of the car."
>>
>>82635834
And Wanda, and Clint, and Ant-man, and Bucky.

Shit was wrecked up before it was just the 3 of then.
>>
File: 1462739047268.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1462739047268.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>82639489
>who watches Birdemic
>>
>>82635683
>tfw no more AHHH Tony help me
>>
>>82635300
Iron man 2
>>
>>82635398
>>82635466
This
He perfectly knew he had no more solos left and with the critical success of TWS this Jew knew there was nothing stopping him from forcing himself into a movie
And don't pretend CW was planned long way back. There is no logic in writing a huge Avengers crossover movie in a single character's solo sequel

I'm still shocked /co/ can suck this guy's dick so badly sometimes
>>
>>82640475
Why do you act like RDJ was the one that decided to make Civil War happen?

Try doing some doing some actual research.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-captain-america-3-got-transformed-into-civil-war-1771691777
>>
>>82635683
He pulled down a helicopter.
>>
>>82640475
It organically grows out of the hint that Bucky killed the Starks. That's a big deal and it needed follow-up more than anything else, which required bringing in Iron Man. And if the story becomes Iron Man vs. Captain America, then you have Civil War (or Time Runs Out, but that wasn't even about Steve and Tony).
>>
>>82640445
>now we have capfags the way we have batfags instead
kill me
>>
>>82641157
Cap has always had the 2nd biggest jobber aura in comics.
>>
>>82641156
that was an easter eggs more than anything else, it didnt really need follow-up
>>
File: 1441561921134.png (109KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441561921134.png
109KB, 800x1000px
>that last fight scene between Iron Man, Cap and Bucky
>Iron Man violently throwing Bucky and slamming him against the wall
>Bucky and Cap fucking wailing on Iron Man and vice versa
>"Tony this won't change what's already happened!"
>"I don't care. He killed my mother."
>end with Cap fucking recklessly bashing Tony's suit with his shield
>mfw
The fight choreography in the MCU is second to none, but once they dropped that and let Iron Man, Bucky and Cap just fucking tear into each other with no coordination like cavemen, they pulled out aaaalllllll of the stops.
And then that petty, sore loser line, "THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU. IT WAS MY FATHER'S.", like you could just feel Tony knew he lost... Jesus... Infinity Wars is in good hands.
>>
>>82641190
It's not! Bucky has a really dark past and that's the biggest thing in it. Howard Stark was a friend of Steve and the father of the MCU flagship character. Like Markus said, it's actively ignoring content to not bring Iron Man in.
>>
>>82635609
>I want an actual Captain America sequel.

The fuck? Take out the Airport fight and CW was very much cap 3. Using Winter Soldier and Black Panther as pseudo-antagonists was a great dynamic.
>>
>>82636614
>Was not happy with what happened with Ultron
is that why AoU ended with him quipping some more and driving away in his sports car?
>>
>>82635591
GotG and Strange go to warn Tony that Thanos is coming for Vision

Pro Registration Forces, GotG, Strange and SHIELD/army fights Thanos and the Black Order and get their shit rekt

when all seems lost Cap leads his Avengers and turns the tide, Thanos gets defeated when Thor & Hulk both emerge from a Rainbow Bridge and gang bang him.

when everyone thinks it's over Thanos' new disguised aide incapacitates Vision, takes his stone and all the other stones Thanos already took before he got to Earth, he reveals himself as The Red Skull, to be cont. in Pt. 2
>>
>>82641188
even batman gets put in his place once in a while

nobody shits on captain america but garth ennis
>>
File: 1429486024702.jpg (53KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
1429486024702.jpg
53KB, 648x484px
>>82641382
Too lazy to Google it and I've been under pretty much radio silence trying to avoid any Marvel news leading up to CW, but is Hulk having a big part in Thor 3 officially confirmed or what?
>>
>>82641445
He is set to appear, whether it's a glorified cameo or a buddy film is still unknown

also Cate Blanchette is Hela
>>
>>82641445
Yes. As the love interest.
>>
>>82641225
Wasn't really petty, more true, the government also doesn't consider it as Cap's.
I wonder if he'll get the hard light shield from Agents of Shield, and learn that Coulson's alive through that.
>>
File: 1452119642868.jpg (105KB, 960x864px) Image search: [Google]
1452119642868.jpg
105KB, 960x864px
>>82641507
PLANET HULK CONFIRMED, GET REKT, WHEDON.

>>82641511
>mfw we're gonna see Thor and Hulk smash
>>
>>82641285
>it's actively ignoring content to not bring Iron Man in.
You're not ignoring any crucial content to be explored, just small details in bigger stories. It sounds more of an excuse to say you needed him so badly
Besides, I seriously doubt that whatever Cap story they were witting had a strong focus on Stark's parents specifically
>>
>>82641529
My girlfriend watches the show and I'll glance at it from time to time so I'm not entirely sure, but I THINK the Avengers found out about Coulson being alive shortly before Winter Soldier.

And yea, technically the shield isn't Cap's, I wasn't saying otherwise, but that line was just saturated in petty hatred I just loved it.
>>
>>82641649
It fits really well and they've used small details as inspiration before, like building from Fury developing Hydra weapons in Avengers to Hydra being inside SHIELD in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>82641681
They still don't know officially. They really should since practically everyone important knows by now, but I doubt that it will ever be addressed until the movie and TV divisions settle their feud.
>>
>>82635609
Cap is a leader. Most of the time, he does not work very well alone.
>>
>>82641507
it's very likely that the Hulk has an important role as a second protagonist with Thor.

I'm really excited for Ragnarok
>>
>>82641731
There's a conflict between the MTVU and the MCU?
Huh, didn't know that, wanna elaborate?
>>
>>82635247
When Cap is yelling at him about keeping Wanda prisoner, Tony says, "Give me a break." RDJ just looked so tired and exasperated after that line. Then it all hit me.

Steve Rogers is the 'father' figure of the Avengers, very much in the 'father knows best' sort of way. Tony is projecting his desires to have a father figure be satisfied with what he's doing onto Steve, but it also even more than that. Cap isn't just a symbol of fatherhood, he's someone Howard never shut up about. So it's not just figurative, Tony genuinely felt like Howard cared more about Steve than he did about his own son. Steve is a stand-in for Tony's father, but also a very concrete reminder of his troubled relationship with his dad.

All that is there from the dialogue and plot events, but how RDJ gave that line and the look on his face made it all really hit me. Tony just wants Steve to be happy with his work. he wants Steve's approval. It also helps the ending, where Tony is willing to beat his father figure to a bloody pulp to get at his mother's (the 'good' parent) killer. Civil War handled Tony's parental issues very well I think.
>>
>>82641712
that would imply they were using small details as such to build up a story involving Ironman in the first place, which is supposedly what they were not doing
>>
>>82641529
Steve is in the land of vibranium so I think he has zero issues with getting a new shield. And I bet he will.

If I can guess how this plays down, or just dream, I envision Cap gets a new vibranium shield from Black Panther, every bit as good but stylistically different to distinguish it from his old shield. When Thanos shows up and achieves his ultimate powerup he'll then Infinity fist the gauntlet and break it. Vibranium, supposedly unbeatable, beaten, all for a WTF moment to show how serious shit is. Then Iron Man gives Cap his original shield back as a measure to show he trusts him again and their friendship is restored.
>>
>>82636376
>panther's triple kick
That's not CGI.

>>82636376
>>82635438
I actually thought Tony holding Rhodey was the only time the helmet off head didn't seem to move with the suit body, it looked good else where.

>>82635466
>>82640475
>>82635398
Civil War was being thrown around as a possible Avenger's movie since day one of the MCU, it was always going to happen if the MCU took off as it's the most widely known comic event. After Ultron was not great and BvS was announced, Feige told Russos to make Cap 3 Civil War. That's why the Accords and other Avengers are dropped after the big airport scene, because they were added to the Russo's original Bucky/Falcon/Cap vs Zemo plot. BvS has much more to do with when and how we got the Civil War adaptation than RDJ 'jewing' his way into this movie.
>>
>>82642221
>That's why the Accords and other Avengers are dropped after the big airport scene,

The Accords didn't go anywhere though; it's the reason the other Avengers were put in jail.
>>
>>82640311
>that was the point
>>
>>82641225
>And then that petty, sore loser line, "THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU. IT WAS MY FATHER'S."
I really didn't detect pettiness, just pure anger. Howard Stark trusted Cap with that shield, and Cap used to to beat the piss out if his son while protecting the man that killed both him and his wife, and this is after hiding the truth from Stark in the first place. As far as Stark's concerned, if that's what Rogers has decided, then he has no right to wield his father's gift.
>>
>>82642016
Tony is much older than Steve in the MCU. I do not think that he consider Steve a father figure, but i agree on the rest.

Tony want the approval of Steve... because if Steve approves Tony actions, it means that his father would be proud of him, and yeah, for Tony it's a love-hate a relationship .
>>
>>82642288
You messed up your negatives I think.
>>
File: celeryman.gif (215KB, 710x399px) Image search: [Google]
celeryman.gif
215KB, 710x399px
>>82642402
Your interpretation is spot on and Hell that may be what they were going for, but to me it sounded like when you have a fight with a close friend and you just spit out something poison to really get under their skin, know what I mean?
>>
>>82642508
>Tony is much older than Steve

Okey... before you start the jokes, the time spend into the freezer does not count. Steve has the mentality of men of World War II, but has lived less than thirty years.

Steve and Bucky like to sing the fact of having 100 years, but in reality they do not have them.
>>
>>82637006
it was said in such desperation,like he couldn't come up with anything else
>>
>>82642016
Rather curious that Cap didn't know about the Raft by then, I assume Tony, Vision, and Widow probably knew, not sure the others would have been looking for it I suppose, but would think they'd give Cap the heads up if only to sway his decision, as Tony kept hinting at, signing the accords were to keep them from being forced into something worse.
>>
>>82642508
>she's gotta be a hundred years old right now
>so are we pal
Steve is Captain Centenarian in two years. Bucky in 99 years old in CW. Also I think you're too hung up on how young Cap looks, he clearly has old fashioned principles and values. Captain America is the father of the Avengers, not just because he's the 'first' but he takes on the father role of the team. Captain America, as Tony says in AoU, is the leader, the boss. Father knows best, and Cap is 100% the moral compass of the Avengers.

I was trying to phrase it more like Steve is Tony's work dad, not a father figure to him personally (like he might be to Wanda at this point). The personal side of it for Tony comes from Howard mentioning Steve so much growing up on top of the strained Tony/Howard relationship.
>>
>>82642221
>BvS has much more to do with when and how we got the Civil War adaptation than RDJ 'jewing' his way into this movie.
But he did. He was, at the very least, supposed to have a much smaller role until he demanded more and as the movie itself shows, made up to a mini Ironman movie inside Cap's film
>>
>>82642620
Being a veteran of any war and having old school values ages Steve more than the average person's life experiences. Cap has seen some shit man, probably killed more people than Iron Man too.

Yes, Iron Man is in his 50s I think. But, that's trust fund living. Cap was 30 when he went into the ice, having been a poor kid and a war vet.
>>
File: edge3.gif (443KB, 200x126px) Image search: [Google]
edge3.gif
443KB, 200x126px
>>82642711
Not him, but I get where you're coming from.

Steve is a father figure because of his early 20th century principles and mannerisms.
He has his head on straight and he's by far the most competent one in the group so naturally others look up to him.

Truth be told, out of every movie he's been in I can't remember a single instance where he's in the wrong.
>>
>>82642606
Well, Stark DID just get the piss beaten out of him. He's out of breath, tired, feeling immensely betrayed by the man he grew up hearing stories about; he tired, seething, and heartbroken.
>>
>>82643028
Yes, and as someone who's been on the giving and receiving end of that, I can tell you it's not uncommon for someone to try to get the last word in and say something that cuts deep.

Like imagine this. Imagine you got in an argument with your mother and she told you that you were an unwanted accident.
That's what Stark's shield comment sounded like to me.
>>
>>82642946
Tony also doesn't seem to have really ever 'grown up', not in a proper way. He's far from a shut-in and he's a smooth talker but watch IM1 and all the most natural, comfortable interactions are between him and his robots. He's had very few people to interact with on his intellectual level, and no one really to tell him no. But also no one to tell him good job without it coming across as empty praise.

Steve is older than his years and Tony is younger than them. It's an interesting contrast.
>>
>>82635247
>"He's my friend, Tony."
>"I was too."
I loved how his voice was just filled with malice and venom.
>>
File: 65745743454.png (2MB, 1638x1025px) Image search: [Google]
65745743454.png
2MB, 1638x1025px
>>82635247
>not black panther
>>
>Spiderman
>Giant Man
>The last fight between Cap and Tony
>Hero VS Hero actually set up properly unlike BvS
>Black Panther
Fucking 10/10 all around
>>
File: zorro.jpg (12KB, 330x282px) Image search: [Google]
zorro.jpg
12KB, 330x282px
>>82643443
Stark and T'Challa were Indigo Montoya.
>>
>>82635890

That's the part that made me grin like an idiot. Holy shit, Spider-Man gets to interact with Captain America. That's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>82642711
> ages Steve more than the average person's life experiences,

Can't agreed. what you say are your personal views which are not reflected in movies

Steve is not a father figure. He's more like a symbol. The history book hero. That's way everyones approach him with respect, and yes, Steve si a competent Leader, so it's natural to follow his lead.

In reality is a young man in totally alien era for him. That way he focuses on the work because it's the only thing that he can handle,

Human relationships have changed, tastes have changed, tastes have changed. you confuse his inadequacy to modernity as a symbol of old age, and yes it is, but the problem is that Steve has no mature experience in human relations. it's clear that, despite the old values, Steve has not the wisdom of those who have really experienced much.

Clings to what little remained of his past.

Furthermore, we know from the letter that Steve has never really bonded with his team. He respects them and tries to be the perfect leader, but consider them just comrades and even when he speak with wanda after the mission you can see a certain distance from him. Not really encouraged her, he only takes half guilty.

Clint is a much more effective father figure fro Wanda, maybe because Clint know what it means to manage younger people.
>>
>>82641225

>Bucky trying his damnednest to pull out the arc reactor

I was legitimately thinking nothing but "OH SHIT" in progressively louder volumes throughout that whole fight.

That had to be the most intense sequence in the MCU so far.
>>
>>82643320
Tony is immature and perhaps even autism, we all know that..
>>
File: 1433044500103.jpg (71KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
1433044500103.jpg
71KB, 500x636px
>>82643714
Not me, man.
I was dead fucking silent throughout the entire scene.
Iron Man blew Bucky's fucking arm off after that, like Christ...
What's a good word for this?
Visceral?
I wanna say visceral.
>>
>>82642529
no?
>>
>>82636962
I don't care what this conversation is about, but I am most intrigued as to what on Earth is happening in that image.
>>
>>82642945
>He was, at the very least, supposed to have a much smaller role until he demanded more
Now back that up with something. An article or interview or something.
>>
>>82643320
Everything about Steve and Tony's characterization is a knock out in the MCU, every movie (Avengers movies included) genuinely progresses the character development forward.

It still kills me when people ask about Civil War, "But isn't Cap the government guy and Tony told the senate to fuck off?" Phase 2 was great at getting you to a point where the Civil War positions Iron Man and Cap take make perfect sense for them personally.
>>
>>82637037
For me it was just the fact that he said it at all. Like he's already beaten down hard and he still insists on taking one more swing at Cap out of pure spite. Also held some more impact due to the implications of his jealousy over Steve's relationship with his father.
>>
Just got back from seeing it. Good film. Damn I hate Bucky. Is that what they intended? What a useless damsel in distress. He could have ended the whole conflict at any time if he wasn't such a coward.
>>
>>82644325

>Originally, Marvel wanted to hire Downey for a small role, which would have required just three weeks of work
>But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday.
>This angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script entirely
>Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Downey’s reps at CAA continued talks in hopes of working out their issues
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/
>>
>>82643806
At least he managed to overcome his fear of touching people enough to awkwardly pat Peter on the shoulder.
>>
>>82641225
Fuck man, it was a really intense fight. At any other point I'd know that neither of them is going to die, but in that brief moment when Cap raises the shield I legitimately thought he was about to bring it down on Tony's head rather than his chest.
>>
>>82644543
Perlmutter is an ass and idiot, CW kind of only works if it's Cap vs Iron Man, otherwise they would have stuck with the title Serpent Society, Hydra is mostly dead or arrested now in the MCU, Hive probably killed the last of them when he tried to turn them into inhumans.
>>
>>82643635
Are you saying the movies don't portray Steve as someone with tons of experience and moral standing?

One of the things he's a symbol of is a period of time in which, and I said it a lot, "father knows best." He's not a father to the Avengers because he teaches them how to drive a car, but because in that classic American family framework, the father is the moral center of a family that knows right from wrong in every situation. On the topic of that time period of being a symbol, Cap was also a weak punk kid that didn't have an easy time growing up like Tony did. Yes they both lost their parents around similar ages, but then Tony had millions to grow up with. Steve went off to war.

I wouldn't call Captain America young. He was 30 when he got frozen and 30 in the 1940s is a lot different than the arrested development of 30 year olds today. And again, someone isn't taking into account his being a WWII vet. Being a vet ages you.

And I think you're too hung up on Cap not going out an getting laid, like suddenly his old fashioned values make him inexperienced at life. Captain has loved and lost, and while he might not be a romantic expert he's no novice about people. He's the one giving Banner relationship advice in AoU remember? He even takes his own advice in CW and does start a relationship.

You got really hung up on 'father' meaning 'life experience and teaching the children' when I was saying it's more like Steve is a symbol of morality and the old ways where father was king. He's undoubtedly the leader, moral compass, and caregiver for his team. It's funny you bring up Wanda because the very RDJ performance I started talking about is all about Steve feeling like he needs to protect Wanda's interests because she's "just a kid." Tony locked her in her room, Tony and Steve are fighting for that leadership/father role on the Avengers team. Even though Tony pays for it all (typical father job) he's not the moral center or leader of the team.
>>
>>82644134
>The Accords didn't go anywhere though; it's the reason the other Avengers were put in jail.
I thought you meant they didn't go anywhere as in they didn't lead to anything. You meant they stuck around. I get that now.
>>
>>82644658
Disney shoots itself in the foot every time they announce someone extending their contract or announcing who's set to appear in what movie.
If they kept that shit under wraps, I would've seriously expected someone to die in that movie.
Could've sworn Rhodes was gonna kick it.
Turns out he's never kicking anything ever again.
>>
>>82644469

Tony did what he did to protect his comrades and the Avengers. He really spent a lot for the team.

Cap Understands it and feels guilty for bringing more than half of the team in that situation. He especially ashamed for not having revealed to Tony wthat he knew about his parents.
He, who in the previous film has done so much noise against the secrets, even for a good purpose, in Civil war has fallen into the same thing that hypocritically criticized to the others.

"I was protecting myself " Right or wrong, it does not matter. Steve knows he has betrayed the trust of Tony.
>>
>>82644974
I'm glad I don't pay attention to that stuff then. I heard someone say that giAnt-Man was spoiled by Lego or something. It was a total surprise to me.
>>
File: 1457723051167.jpg (168KB, 1812x892px) Image search: [Google]
1457723051167.jpg
168KB, 1812x892px
>>82644826
>he thinks agents of S.H.I.T. is canon
>>
>>82635814
Bullshit. If they want nothing to do with him why sign him on to appear in the solo Spider-man movie?
>>
>>82644543
I don't think you know how sources work.
>>
>>82645175
>WAAAAHHHH I DON'T LIKE IT SO ITS NOT CANNON!
Look, homie, I feel ya, I'm a Metroidfag and as much as I'd like to pretend Other M isn't cannon, it is.
You gotta learn to deal with it.
Other M isn't cannon, though.
>>
>>82635247
>Tony stole the show
That's a funny way to say Scott and Peter.
>>
>>82645325
>Now back that up with something. An article or interview or something
I delivered what I was asked for
>>
>>82644826
It was not Civil war until that moment, just an hunt for Bucky. And an actor who intrudes for have more space is always irritating.

I can understand the annoyance of Perlmutter, mostly because I don't think RDJ wanted join the movie just for doing a favor to Evans.
Then, perhaps I'm wrong, and maybe Evans and RDJ really have become best friends and want to play together.
>>
>>82635878
It's not the writers that hate him. It was some higher up who got replaced by a Disney guy because he got into fights with Whedon. Since RDJ costs so much.
>>
>>82645396
This.
Tony was used much more sparingly than I initially thought, and the movie made it pretty clear he wasn't the center of attention.

Also was anyone else surprised they didn't make a "HEY TWO BUG THEMED PEOPLE AYYY LMAO" joke?
>>
File: does whatever an iron can.jpg (35KB, 550x849px) Image search: [Google]
does whatever an iron can.jpg
35KB, 550x849px
>>82635614
>origin
>Iron Monger
>Rhodey
>Demon in a Bottle-lite
>not so Crimson Dinomo
>War Machine
>Extremis
>Hulkbuster
>Mandarin not gonna lie before the Trevor Slattery thing I loved him
Aside from taking a cosmic ass beating from Thanos, the is literally nothing I want to see from RDJ or Iron Mam
>>
File: fred_fuckstone.jpg (66KB, 600x810px) Image search: [Google]
fred_fuckstone.jpg
66KB, 600x810px
>>82645773
>Doesn't want a live action Fin Fang Foom
>doesn't want a live action MODOK
>>
>>82645580
Sorry I wasn't explicit enough, I want a source. A source that can be vetted. What you gave was basically the 'Inquirer' tier 'well someone said it, trust us.'
>>
>>82645915
Because I know Fing Fang Foom will be a fat Chinese crime lord and MODOK is shit
>>
File: 1446187459210.jpg (87KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446187459210.jpg
87KB, 953x960px
>>82646012
>doesn't want Tony to help Spidey so we can get a live action iron spider
>>
>>82644583
Wasn't it people handing him stuff, as opposed to just touching in general? Although he does seem kind of awkward when touching. ...unless he's had a glass of alcohol in his hand in the previous scene. Damn, these movies are really good at subtle implications as opposed to beating you over the head with stuff.
>>
>>82644974
>Could've sworn Rhodes was gonna kick it.

They showed him getting blasted in the trailer. No way that would happen if he was really dead.
>>
>>82635247
RDJ was spectacular in this. His performance really showed the emotional damage that all his years of heroing has done. It turned this once happy, care free man into a caring, misguided, emotional wreck. I also really enjoyed when he said "And then and then and then. I never stopped, because the truth is I don't want to stop." It just completely shit on the last few movies of bringing him back and forth into and out of the hero world. Nobody can try to kick him out of the game anymore--this is a part of his character.

That said, I wouldn't say he stole every scene. He shared a lot of scenes with Evans who, again, showed he's more than a pretty face. Both of these actors took their characters to the next level in this movie.
>>
>>82635318
Darkest/Saddest lines in this movie?
>I didn't want you to be alone.
>Don't shit me, Rogers! Did you know?!
>I don't care. He killed my mom.
>I remember them all.
>>
>>82645751
>Also was anyone else surprised they didn't make a "HEY TWO BUG THEMED PEOPLE AYYY LMAO" joke?

Not really. Hawkeye and Falcon are both birds, Widow and Panther are both Black, Bucky and Rhodes are both crippled
>>
>>82645773
>Dinomo
>>
>>82646168
>Wasn't it people handing him stuff

I thought he just said that to Coulson as an excuse not to talk to him. Wasn't that the only time it was brought up?
>>
>>82644543
>But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday.
That sounds like bullshit since if they're scrambling to include him HE can set the terms especially when they're desperate to include him because Civil War needs it's Iron Man vs Captain America.

He doesn't need to demand more screen time for more pay, he could receive millions just for a cameo. But it doesn't work the way they wanted with just a cameo. Him getting personal with Steve works better than him stepping out of the shadows, saying, "Cap is an ass. Rhodes, deal with him," and then vanishing back into the gloom again.
>>
>>82645929
If you wanna ignore the article then go ahead
but im not bringing you a direct interview with Feige stating the same thing if thats what you want

Here's a fun one though
>In a way it’s 'Cap 3' but for me it’s like my little Iron Man 4
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/robert-downey-jr-says-captain-america-civil-war-is-his-iron-man-4-a131840
Your humble saint sounds really pleased with the role he got
>>
>>82646418
>Intentional
>>
File: image_11.jpg (35KB, 336x720px) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
35KB, 336x720px
>>82646339
Not lines, but finding out Pepper left Tony and seeing Cap savagely bashing Tony's suit with the shield hit me pretty hard.
Steve abandoning his shield got me too, despite the fact he did the same thing in TWS.

... Damn, this movie was kinda dark all things considered.
>>
File: Darcy_Lewis_Kat_Dennings_en_THOR.jpg (151KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Darcy_Lewis_Kat_Dennings_en_THOR.jpg
151KB, 1600x1066px
>>82636984
fuck no.

Darcy should be Loki's love interest.

because i say so
>>
>>82646168
Iron Man 2 took him into Howard Hughes territory, minus not trimming his nails and collecting his pee in jars, the latter of which is a good thing since pee jars have gotten a hugely bad rep these days.
>>
>>82646735
>be talking with friend about CW
>mention how cool it was to see Cap just pick up Iron Man over his head and throw him into the ground
>"Iron Man fucked up Captain America"
According to him, it was a 2v1 and Tony was already tired. I guess he completely overlooked Cap also being tired and the two times Cap fought Tony alone.
>>
>>82646859
It was a 2v1 and it would be pretty bullshit if Cap just won singlehandedly. Also Iron Man had a broken arm already from the airport fight. Or sprained or something.
>>
File: 786.png (656KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
786.png
656KB, 720x540px
>>82646859
Your friend isn't wrong, but he's missing a big piece to the puzzle.
Tony wasn't trying to KILL Cap he was trying to subdue him. Remember that thing Iron Man used in IM1 that popped 8 terrorists in the head at once? He could've used that at any time and boom, fights over, Fatality, but killing Cap wasn't his goal, wasn't his goal for Bucky either.

Now take away his weapons, which are probably all lethal, and what do you have? A fistfight between a guy who's only means of defense are weapons which he can't use, or a super soldier who's been trained in combat.

tl;dr Cap can subdue Iron Man, obviously, but Iron Man could kill Cap if need be.
>>
guys what if Tony had used his armor from the first movie? the one that could take hits from planes and tanks without scratch?
>>
>>82647200
>Cap chases down Bucky
>Cap fights Bucky
>Cap fights the Avengers
>Cap fights Iron Man
>Cap teams with Bucky to fight Iron Man
>Cap finishes Iron Man
Steve had a much harder day than Tony. He also had to rely on his body to recharge during those minimal rest periods whereas Tony just got a brand new suit and flew off to fight them. Considering how tired he must have been and the beating he still gave Tony, I'd say that if he were fresh off the presses, he would decimate Iron Man.
>>
>>82647335
probably wouldn't have the agility that the newer suits had and it would still take damage from Cap's shield because those were attacks on the joint areas
>>
>>82647283
Iron Man has had plenty of reason to kill plenty of people since those 8 terrorists and he has never once used that weapon again, or really any other weapon except for various lasers and the occasional missiles which seem to do nothing against everyone he fights. His suits clearly aren't meant to kill anymore. They're sort of like forks now. They can kill someone if you really try, but it's not the intended use.
>>
>>82647462
>he has never once used that weapon again,

He used it in Age of Ultron and he did something similar in the first Avengers with a bunch of tiny missiles coming out of his shoulders. Every time he used it though there was a pause for a few seconds whike he locked onto all his targets, which he probably didn't have a chance to do in this one.
>>
>>82640475
If RDJ forcing himself into shit makes movies this good I will act as a full time human dildo for the man if that's what it takes to get him to do it more.
>>
>>82647661
Can you really say he made this movie good though? This was the writer/director team that did Winter Soldier
>>
>>82647661
his presence alone didn't make this movie good
based russo made that possible
>>
RDJ is great at heavy emotional scenes played completely straight. MCU Tony is just rarely allowed to be anything but a quip-meister in the sequels+avengers.

I was pretty happy with how the character was treated in this. Tony clearly has severe emotional issues, but the IM sequels never dive into them too much. He's by far the most interesting character if written well.
>>
>>82647396
Cap's metabolism is supercharged. He recovers far faster than any normal man to the extent that he can't even get drunk. His body is just that damn efficient.

What this means is that Steve was probably fresh as a daisy just from sitting in the Quinjet on the trip to Siberia.

Also despite all the crap Cap went through he didn't have Scarlet Witch drop a car park on his head.
>>
>>82647851
>Tony clearly has severe emotional issues, but the IM sequels never dive into them too much.
His emotional breakdowns are keys to IM2 to the point where he purposefully goes out of his way to alienate Rhodes to make his friend run off with his suit instead of just giving it to him. IM3 deals with Tony's struggle with PTSD.
>>
>>82647661
Fairly sure RDJ made his way into this because he wanted the character to be taken serious and knew the Russos were the men for the job.
>>
>>82647759
>>82647773
>>82647926
RDJ is one of many many components in the equation for which the result = excellent. The human dildo offer stands for every other component as well.

For real tho, I'm inclined to give the Russos full credit for it.
>>
>>82647963
you seem suspiciously enthusiastic about becoming a human dildo
>>
>>82647926
They set up Tony's involvement with the Zola scene in Winter Soldier, dunno how they could have just ignored it when Bucky is finally free of Hydra control mostly.
With most of Hydra basically disassembled I don't know how else they could have given this movie a big fight without having the Avengers tearing each other apart, unless they wanted to bring in Hive and the inhumans, but there's only a handful of those right now.
>>
>>82647905
>IM3 deals with Tony's struggle with PTSD.
Bothered me a lot how it seemingly disappeared in the final act.
>>
>>82648078
The movie was apparently completely different before RDJ got a bigger part. He was always supposed to have small supporting role though.
>>
>>82647852
According to First Avenger, his body burns 4 times the energy of a normal man. He also didn't eat at all on the day the movie takes place, and I doubt he ate much before that. Here's a fun experiment for you. Don't eat for a full day. Run a marathon, get in a few fights, and take some time to rest. Tell me how you feel, and then picture that 4x worse because you're not giving your supercharged body the energy it needs to function. Sure, you can live on fat stores for a while, but tired is tired.
>>
>>82648078
>They set up Tony's involvement with the Zola scene in Winter Soldier
i thought we already went over this
>>
File: Zola.gif (3MB, 300x125px) Image search: [Google]
Zola.gif
3MB, 300x125px
>>82648178
Went over what?
>>
>>82648078
They could have just had more aliens show up or literally done serpent society or some shit. I don't know what you're saying; just because most of their established villains are beaten you think they can't bring in more?
>>
>>82648219
Best part of Winter Soldier. Cartoony evil Zordon. He was so cool.
>>
>>82648169
He had a big breakfast.

Not getting tired for a really long time is one of Cap's abilities. You're trying to bring conservation of energy into this when 99% of superheroics violate that rule.
>>
>>82648223
I doubt it would have been as interesting.
>>
>>82648348
He had a big breakfast in TWS. Never said that in CW.
>>
>>82648358
It would have if they wrote it well, just like Civil War wouldn't have if it was written more poorly.
>>
>>82648070
I don't want to talk about it.
>>
>>82646168
>>82646847
so will we see a proper drunk tony stark in mcu? because aside form IM2 (and Ultron a bit), he's been dry as hell.
>>
File: ChIyhcaUoAE8gKl.jpg (74KB, 580x723px) Image search: [Google]
ChIyhcaUoAE8gKl.jpg
74KB, 580x723px
>>82635247
I like him a quip also, but damn his performance in this movie was great.
Whenever he got serious and argued, it sounded like genuine anger and frustration.
>>
>>82645751
>the movie made it pretty clear he wasn't the center of attention.
Yet most of the time people talk about HIS side of the argument and his own motivations and character development.
And also the fact that he was right.
>>
>>82635814
Kek what a load of bullshit. Disney was begging him to come back for AOU. It's the reason he's allowed to have his way and make insane 200 milllion paycheck deals. He makes them billions.
>>
>>82635452
i think he was a later addition
>>
>>82645751

They kind of did, with Falcon's "Everybody's got a gimmick." Glad they didn't do it directly though.
>>
>>82648727
He wasn't right tho
>>
>>82635247
His performance was so good that I felt bad for laughing at the other heroes' quips every time he appeared onscreen because he was almost always serious when the camera switched to him.
>>
>>82648727
>movie brings up a good argument
>people talk about that argument and the characters involved
Wow. Shocking. Age of Ultron 2, amirite?
Also, no he wasn't. Have fun waiting for a few weeks of gridlock and bureaucracy while the UN decides whether or not the Avengers should kill a monster that's eaten half of Manhattan.
>>
>>82648965
The Accords could change to include a condition on fast responses and stuff.
>>
I feel bad for Stark. Every bad moment in his life was him trying to do the right thing and he ends up losing people.
>caretaker sells him out and tries to kill him after Tony stopped making weapons of war
>Ultron happens because he doesn't want to see his friends get hurt
>everyone ends up siding with Steve even though Tony wanted them to stay out of trouble they got themselves in by accident
>Pepper leaves him

When is he getting a break? I'm expecting suicide from him any minute.
>>
>>82648169
How do you know he didn't eat Tony's snacks that were onboard the Quinjet? You don't need to directly see anyone eat to know that they're eating. Plenty of shit happened off camera.

Don't worry, though, you'll get the deleted scene of Cap, Sam, and Bucky going through a McDonald's drive thru but then Bucky wants a happy meal so he can get a toy so then they all want happy meals but then end up with their own Civil War fighting over who gets what toy.
>>
File: ironman168b.jpg (175KB, 549x372px) Image search: [Google]
ironman168b.jpg
175KB, 549x372px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOIZId6Z9CI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nintjt7jsLk

I'm sad they deleted so many scenes of Tony being a drunken dick in IM2.
>>
>>82649061
They obviously couldn't, since no one was interested in finding the real bomber even when new evidence came out.
>>
>>82649128
ROSS wasn't interested and blew Tony off. But Tony himself brought up that they could change the terms later.
>>
File: 1354099268961.jpg (237KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1354099268961.jpg
237KB, 500x500px
>>82649061
>fast response
>red tape
>>
>>82649159
>Tony himself brought up that they could change the terms later.

And Ross would just blow them off
>>
>>82648730
how defensive
>>
>>82648965
Have fun getting your skull caved in by a shield because a vigilante with no oversight decided you were a terrorist.
>>
>If Tony had just led the ineffectual mooks fail to capture Cap rather than volunteer to do it himself, Cap and Bucky would have made it to Siberia with little effort, 4/5th of the Avengers and potential Avengers wouldn't have ended up in jail, Rhodey wouldn't have gotten crippled, and Baron Zemo would have looked like a right tit
>>
>>82649328
They don't mistake civilians for terrorists, moron, they accidentally kill civilians while trying to save the fucking planet.
>>
>>82649328
Hey, if Cap came for you and you surrendered he'd take you nonlethally. You'd be captured and if it turned out you weren't a terrorist it would come out in trial.

If the UN guys thought you were a terrorist they'd send guys to kill you, no questions asked.

Cap actually does a better job of not making himself judge, jury and executioner th an the "proper" authorities do
>>
>>82649437
Vigilantism inevitably results in mistakes being made. Just because it didn't happen in the movie doesn't mean it isn't a logical consequence.

>>82649467
Captain America is not all powerful such that he can guarantee zero cases of mistaken hostility and other such complications, neither is he the only member of the Avengers.
>>
>>82649705
>Vigilantism inevitably results in mistakes being made.

So does regular police or military work. As long as you don't kill the wrong guy, those mustakes can be dealt with. And the "proper" authorities were the ones trying to kill the wrong guy.

>Captain America is not all powerful such that he can guarantee zero cases of mistaken hostility and other such complications,

Neither is the UN, see above.

>neither is he the only member of the Avengers.

Iron Man let that one henchman go in Iron Man 3. Pretty sure he's the most kill-happy of the bunch.
>>
>>82649705
Look, dude, as much as I like living and breathing and whatnot, if I were killed by mistake while the Avengers were fighting some terrorists with a biological weapons, that's just collateral damage.

The thing is having a bunch of suits decide when and where the Avengers go doesn't change the civilian casualty count a fucking bit, and just as easily as Cap mistakes me for a terrorist, the UN could too.

Needs of the many, my love.
>>
>>82636221
They partially responsible for most of those happening in the first place though. Thor couldn't keep his brother in check, and Tony and Bruce made ultron. Only thing you can't fault them for is Hydra existing. what're ya supposed to do?
>>
>>82645751
I said the accords were going to be the invertebrate human registration act since before civil war was announced
>>
>>82649922
> Thor couldn't keep his brother in check

Seriously, faggot? By that logic Pierce's daughter should have atopped him from making project insight happen.
>>
>>82649997
no thor is definitely responsible. He keeps taking loki back into custody and he keeps escaping. It's his fault

same way if bucky kills again. it's literally all on captain america
>>
>>82649846

This.

Tony's side has all the same risks Cap does when it comes to real-time action. What happened in Lagos could have happened with UN approval - it just would have resulted in the team being put on suspension or terminated (at which point they could go rogue-independent like Daredevil/JJ anyway).

Tony's side offers all the same dangers Cap's side offers, with the added bonus of it taking longer to make a decision.
>>
>>82650102
He never had a chance to take Loki into custody in the first Thor.
>>
>>82635247
I still would've preferred the teaser version of "So was I" instead of the one in the movie.
>>
>>82650119
Your logic is the same logic that allows dictators to take power. I'll take accountability and community decision making's faults over a dictator any day.
>>
>>82650331
>accountability

Nice buzzword. Ross wasn't held accountable for shit

I'll take a guy doing his best to protect people over a bunch of asshole bureaucrats who execute suspects and willfully ignore evidence any day of the week.
>>
>>82644658
Very much this.

The airport fight was fun but that last fight was intense.
>>
>>82650423
Ross is Secretary of State. He's at that level of government where he doesn't take the blame because like Hillary Clinton he has staff in place to do it for him.
>>
>>82650487
Exactly which is why people throwing around the word accountability are deluding themselves. President Obama can kill American citizens without warrant. Your fucking accountability is a joke.
>>
>>82650423
What about after Steve dies? What about the next generation of Avengers? Are they all going to be incorruptable paragons? Are all of the current Avengers? How many Sinestros does it take before you start to think maybe the Green Lanterns should have to answer to someone, all the Hal Jordans and Guy Gardners be damned?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 248x170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 248x170px
>>82645171
I remember hearing that Scott went giant-man but forgot in tell that momenty when Scott says he has an idea.

Pic very much related
>>
>>82650331
But they aren't dictators looking to rule a nation with an iron fist, they're the fucking Avengers, your metaphor doesn't even make sense.

And your only argument for Tony's side is so we can all place our hands on our hips and say "Welp, I guess it's everybody's fault." whenever Thanos destroys the East coast and the Avengers couldn't do shit about it then you have a weak ass argument.
>>
>>82645171
funko pop, to be precice

the daft thing was that it was labelled as Giant-Man even though it was normal funko pop sized. if they just called the figure Civil War: Ant Man no one would have known
>>
>>82643714
I'm a sucker for seeing fingers dig into metal like its butter
>>
File: 1462726435317.jpg (6KB, 302x224px) Image search: [Google]
1462726435317.jpg
6KB, 302x224px
>>82637727
>
>>
>>82650579
Have you seen Daredevil? Daredevil is tolerated because he brings in suspects alive. Punisher is not because he kills all his enemies. Same fucking thing.

What you're saying is you approve of the Punisher's methods as long as the right panel signed off on it. That's fucking retarded

Cap is accountable for his actions because he can be judged for them. He can't obscure the facts, declare an operation top secret, or give himself authority.

Look no further than the fucking Hulk. Ross blames the Avengers for losing he Hulk even though he created and lost him first. How the fuck are the Avengers more responsible for keeping the Hulk in line than fucking Ross is? There's "accountability" in action. The people making the rules aren't accountable for shit.
>>
>>82650579
So what if they aren't?
What if the next generation of Avengers aren't as moral and incorruptible as the current team?
What are government sanctions and paperwork going to do to stop them?
>Well guys I really want to go rogue and destroy this city, but gosh darnit, the UN will get mad at us.

All the Accords does is slow down an efficient, yet imperfect process and p potentially keeps the Avengers from the real issues that need handling.
>>
File: 1446325162224.jpg (501KB, 555x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446325162224.jpg
501KB, 555x800px
>>82650696
Is that so, anon?
>>
>>82646611
>Your humble saint
You can make it seem like I'm some RDJ fanboy, but all I want is a real source. I'm not ignoring a real source you gave, that article is about a trustworthy as /tv/.

People like you are all too willing to believe in things because they fit the story they already have going in their heads, all I want is to make sure.
>>
>>82646339
The final act was just so good.
>>
>>82649068
This. The sad part is that he recognizes that he keeps making mistakes but every time he tries to "fix" things it just keeps getting worse.
>>
File: 1446745041166.gif (109KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446745041166.gif
109KB, 300x375px
>>82649068
Holy shit I just thought of something.
What does life shitting on someone lead to?
Depression.
Depression leads to alcohol.
Alcohol leads to alcoholism.
Alcoholism leads to Iron Man 4: Demon in a Bottle.
>>
>>82646339
>Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me.
>>
>>82651165
It's not going to happen. They've already said they aren't going to do it. Iron Man 2 was as close as you'll get.
>>
>>82651174
That wasn't a sad line. That was a bright, triumphant moment in an otherwise downer ending.
>>
>>82651230
He said sad/dark. It was pretty dark considering what was going on. Cap and Tony were beating each other to a pulp after being manipulated by a man who felt wronged by them both and lost his family. The lengths they all went to to achieve what they felt was just - including T'Challa - was pretty dark stuff.
>>
>>82650331
>accountability
>from the government
HA!

>>82650770
>What you're saying is you approve of the Punisher's methods as long as the right panel signed off on it.
This is not directed at you, but it's amusing that part of the reason Punisher is despised (in and out of universe) is because he kills people as a vigilante.
The government sanctioning his escapades would remove the illegality of what he does (well, in theory), while also fueling distrust, ironically.
>>
>>82650988
sorry, but that's the only source i could find after going through half a dozen articles
>>
>>82640467
Yeah I still don't buy that. Everything he did was because he was dying.
>>
>>82650102
>no thor is definitely responsible. He keeps taking loki back into custody and he keeps escaping. It's his fault

Since Thor is the one who actually broke Loki out, yes it is his fault. Batman doesn't usually break the Joker out of Arkham.
>>
>>82646339
>Congratulations Cap, you're a criminal
>Better watch your back around this guy. He might break it
I don't know why the first one got to me so much, but just the way Rhodes says it and the realization of how serious the situation is.
>>
>>82651369
Yeah, see, the Punisher shoots up a hospital and even though he was careful enough not to hurt any innocents (I think this excuse was total bullshit, but let's grant it for a moment, assume he took all necessary precautions not to hurt anyone) everyone acts like this makes him an irredeemable monster.

US government okays a drone strike on a hospital, most certainly kills innocents in the process, and no one is punished for it.

"""""""""""""""""""accountability"""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>82636221
>Ross
Ross is not meant to be a good guy, nor a particularly smart guy. He has almost always been a near-caricature of the typical gung-ho kill/nuke em all USA USA crazyman. His shit never stinks no matter how hard he fucks up and he always knows what's best. Sounds just right for him.
>>
>>82650847
You're right, things being against the law never did anything to prevent crime.
>>
>>82649068
also his mental health has been in severe decline, getting worse with every appearance, and all his friends blame him or ignore his distress

>gets kidnapped by terrorists. tries to shut down his callous arms dealing. gets betrayed by the man who was like a father to him
>finds out the only thing keeping him alive is also poisoning him. his friends dismiss his nearly suicidal behavior as 'you know what, Tony, fuck you. we're taking your stuff and leaving.'
>nearly dies escorting a bomb into deep space, in a suit not designed to leave the atmosphere. last thing he sees while suffocating is a MASSIVE fleet that could destroy the Earth just by ramming it
>has a PTSD flashback, all his friend cares about is that panic attacks look bad for his PR
>has a night terror so bad his suits think he's dying and needs to be rescued. Pepper tells him to fuck off and go sleep on the couch
>tries to symbolically turn over a new leaf by trashing all the suits he has and starting from scratch. it doesn't stick because psychology doesn't work that way
>the friend he was trying to talk to about all this fucking fell asleep from how little he cared
>friend ends up saying to just make an AI guardian that'll outlive him and protect the Earth
>gets whammied by the mind gem, sees his dead friends telling him everyone dies because he could have done more but didn't
>does more
>makes Ultron. a weapon that taunts him to his face how everything he builds is only good for destruction.
>Pepper leaves him
>when the accords come forward, prays that maybe having some set rules will stop him from ruining everything
>ruins everything, nearly murders an innocent man in cold blood. seemingly ruins every relationship he has left. Rhodey may never truly forgive him for issuing the order that crippled him, no matter what he says.
>>
>>82651604
Yeah, the problem isn't Ross so much as the viewers who side with him because he has a nice suit and a prestigious job title.
>>
>>82651203
not that anon, but I could see them covering the storyline but replacing alchohol with doses of Extremis 3.0
>>
File: 1462608277497.jpg (665KB, 1898x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462608277497.jpg
665KB, 1898x900px
>>82651671

Seriously I hope the writers finally call out the other characters on how fucking callous they've been to Tony.

The guy can be arrogant and annoying and holy shit can he fuck up majorly but he's still a civilian who was thrown into a fucked up situation that hasn't let up a single instant since.

He's not a soldier, he's not an asgardian warrior or a spy since childhood, he's had no training or way to deal with ANY of this shit and while
they're falling over to comfort each other when shit goes south it's nothing but shitting on Tony when he makes a mistake.

Like if any of those guys had noticed even for a second that "hey, maybe Tony's been heading into a bad place for a while, we should work
with him to try to handle his issues and make sure he doesn't do anything crazy" we would have avoided SO FUCKING MUCH.

But he's just an annoying rich boy so fuck him right?

I'm not even saying that people should be on hand and knee cooing at him and reassuring him that it's ok to fuck up massively, just
ANYONE legitimately acknowledging that he's suffering and trying to actually lend a hand is all I ask for(that's not that little kid in IM3, he did his best but he's a random kid).

But since that's not going to happen unless they're called the fuck out, I want someone to call them the fuck out. I don't care if it's Spidey
or even a villain for fucks sake, I just hate it when characters are held up to be some standard of morality and goodness while continuously shitting on someone else who needs help.
>>
>>82651671
>Rhodey may never truly forgive him for issuing the order that crippled him

Rhodey issued that order himself.
>>
>>82652487
Also for all we know he may not stay crippled, mcu has a lot of crazy science and magic shit.
>>
>>82635300

Tony hasn't had a drink since the Loki scene in Avengers. That was 3 movies ago.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfxzi0G8NGU
>>
>>82652473
Its like how Clint said that Tony never blames himself when they were on the Raft, when Tony literally blames himself for everything.
>>
>>82652487
I more meant that Tony went out of his way to volunteer the Avengers to confront Cap when Ross had no plans on sending them. They weren't compelled to by the Accords
>>
>>82653224
Rhodey assures Tony that he sees Tony's decision as being in the right. Rhodey isn't gonna leave Tony behind.
>>
>>82635671
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>82653224
Other teams would be ordered to shoot to kill, as Tony said to Widow, they were planning to go easy on them.
Besides such injures aren't unheard of in the military and as Rhodes is pretty much kind of still active duty and something of a go-between for the Avengers I don't think he's too bothered by it in particular, especially being able to be War Machine, no one else in the world got to do that, except the guy Tony shot through the heart in IM3 and the president as a hostage.
>>
>>82646816
Yesss I think Darcy and Loki would make a great pair. I've been wanting this ever since the original Thor.
>>
>>82652473
>I don't care if it's Spidey
Oh god, I would love this.
>>
>>82652473
Well Cap did write him that letter.
>>
>>82653965
True, at least by the end of it, Cap admitted that he was being selfish for not wanting to tell him about his parents' deaths sooner.
>>
>>82635247

His character arc changed from charismatic badass to whiny gov cuck.
>>
>>82636007

nice callback to the orginal movie
>>
>>82653845

It'd be appropriately shaming for a high schooler to rightfully call them all out for being assholes yes.

>>82653965
>>82654131

That's literally the least he could do, and apologizing for a single incident doesn't make up for the fact that they've been careless dicks
to him for ages when the idea hasn't even crossed their minds.

Of course you fucking apologize for sending your friend to the hospital, it doesn't make shit better when you don't apologize for not giving a
shit that other people send him there and being an asshole to him and only him on top of that.

I hate double standard treatment and characters that claim to be good actively putting themselves on a higher level than someone they call a friend. It's hypocritical.

You have flaws? You get called out. It doesn't make you an irredeemable character or even a bad one, but it's shit writing to have these flaws purposely ignored.
>>
>>82635921
>and non-alcoholic drinks

A+ post
>>
>>82649073
this made me lol
>>
>>82635890
I loved the look Falcon and Bucky shared when they finally got rid of Spider-Man. It really captured the sense that people just fucking hate fighting Spider-Man, even if they've never met him before
>>
>>82654553
>It'd be appropriately shaming for a high schooler to rightfully call them all out for being assholes yes.
It's not just that, but also cause Spidey is just such a down-to-earth character. Sure other heroes understand what it means to be heroic, but Peter really understands people and sympathizes. And when he needs to seriously call someone out you can sure as hell bet they deserve it.
>>
>>82654553
>>82652473

What the fuck are you talking about? Cap was incredibly civil and respectful to Stark when they first met and Stark spent the entire time shitting on him and being sarcastic. What the fuck movies were you watching where people are shitting on Tony? He's the one that shits on everyone else at every turn. Even after he'd just created a genocidal AI he saw fit to lecture the rest of the team.

And in Civil War we see more of the same. When they meet at the airport Cap tries to explain what he knows and Stark just starts going off about how Cap is just fucking crazy and delusional.

Cap's not on a pedestal; Stark's just in a hole.
>>
>>82635318

This. I'm about to go see this movie again just because I loved how monstrous he came off as during the climax. I mean seriously, on some horrifying shit just how would you feel if you knew fucking Iron Man was coming for that ass and you had no one on your side to help?
>>
>>82646339
I thought the
>do you even remember them?!
>I remember all of them
Exchange was so well done and understated. That sold me on bucky harder than anything else in any CA movie.
>>
>>82654688
Yeah, same with Black Panther. Dude was fucking relentless.
>>
>>82654553
Tony's been an arrogant jackass throughout each Avengers movie.
So, it's not surprising that no one wants to try to have a psychiatric heart-to-arc talk with with him.
And Cap's been about as patient with him as can be expected.
>>
Most of the fighting wouldn't have happened, if Bucky would have just sat in his cell until Cap solved the problem. All Cap needed from Bucky at all was some initial questions to be answered, which could have been done while in custody. Cap would have even been able to approach the villain with his team, instead of just Bucky. What makes it irritating, is that Bucky had to have known that he was the one being fought over. Bucky could have said "enough" at any time, and stopped risking everyone else lives. Princess Bucky was a terrible human being.
>>
>>82654957
>Most of the fighting wouldn't have happened if Zemo didn't use the trigger phrase to compel Bucky to break lose
>>
>>82655036
Bucky eventually calmed down, and could have just returned.
>>
File: Tiggered.jpg (6KB, 164x216px) Image search: [Google]
Tiggered.jpg
6KB, 164x216px
>>82654957
Bucky did try just sitting in his cell and then Zemo came and triggered him.
>>
>>82655055
by that point Zemo was on his way to the other winter soldiers and as far as they could tell, planned on using them to collapse America overnight
>>
>>82655097
Which is when they wasted time fighting over Bucky, when they could have easily chased Zemo with the half a dozen helpers that cap still had at the time.
>>
>>82654682
For all the shit that's happened to him no one but Steve tries to sympathize with him but Steve and Tony have different ideas on how things should run because they are from two entirely different realities.

But in this movie we do see other heroes give him shit. Widow asks if he ever stops using his ego, yet Steve also has an ego; his is just more relate-able. Ant-man is mad at Tony for no real reason. Hawkeye calls him a traitor even though Hawkeye himself wanted to join Steve and got punished for it. Even Ross didn't give a shit about Tony and Tony pretty much agreed with him just not how it should be done. Bucky gets handicapped so he has to care about one more person and hopes he doesn't lose him and Pepper left him because he couldn't get over his obsession.

Personally I'm waiting for a movie where everyone says "Tony was right the whole time". Tony has been near death multiple times and kept unfucking his fuck ups. He needs AT LEAST one moment when everyone isn't sucking Steves dick.
>>
>>82642652

but he was right. at the end i think cap was right about the accords but tony was right about cap. rogers was ultimately acting selfishly for himself and not for doing the right thing. he just happened to end up on the "right" side while doing it. also the shield really didnt belong to him
>>
>>82654682

Civil yes, respectful no. Cap and Tony were BOTH out to dislike each other from the moment they set eyes on each other and before that too.

Cap spends most of the first avengers movie convinced that Tony is just an egotistical spoiled brat and refuses to believe any good of him until after the new york battle.

Tony is sarcastic but he never tried to be offensive(unless you actually thought the "capsicle" and "spry" comments weren't his standard banter) until Steve was first and Steve unloaded on him because clearly someone kind of annoying is nothing good whatsoever right? Past actions be damned.

But it's not Steve only that I'm concerned with, it's everyone.

Once again I'm not saying that Tony doesn't mess up and I'm not saying that he shouldn't be called out when he does but the response is
disproportionate and it never comes from a place where it's obvious that they're a team.

It's attacks on his character, "Tony why are you such a fuck up", "Tony why are you such an egotistical shit." etc.

Nobody considers for a second, hey maybe he has his reasons for acting the way he does, maybe there's legit reasons.

They forgive Wanda for her shit instantaneously and reassure her constantly in CW but then we get shit like this >>82653024 for Tony.

They're all too happy taking Tony at face value despite KNOWING that he's more than what he appears and that he has his reasons for doing
things and his own limitations.

And it's unfair to Tony, both to his character(in universe) and to the idea that these people are the standard to which others should be held. You don't single out people you claim as your friends/team mate like that and see any situation as "us the heroes vs Tony the fuck up."
>>
>>82655055
To everyone else it looked as though he had broken free and killed a number of agents. If he came back they weren't just going to fuck imprisoning him again. They were going to shoot on sight.
>>
>>82655241
He could have literally turned himself in to any police station, and that would have been the end of it. They aren't going to storm a jail cell.
>>
>>82655140
>Ant-man is mad at Tony for no real reason. Hawkeye calls him a traitor

He threw them in jail for the crime of trying to catch the guy responsible for bombing the UN who was on his way to where 5 super soldiers were being kept. He deserved all of that. Keep in mind they tried to explain this to him and he dismissed them outright. I mean later in your post you count Ross dismissing him as a slight against Tony. Well they way Ross treated Tony there is the same way Tony treats his team.

He gets his own friend shot in the back, and then Falcon IMMEDIATELY drops the fight between them to see if he was ok, and Tony blasts him in the chest.

> Personally I'm waiting for a movie where everyone says "Tony was right the whole time"

He needs to be right about something first.
>>
>>82655262
>They aren't going to storm a jail cell.
Black Panther would have
>>
>>82655140
>"Tony was right the whole time"
But no one but Tony would utter such a blatantly false line of bull pucky.

At best, all Iron Manlet deserves is a few variations of:
"You had a point, Tony."
>>
>>82655287
His only knowledge of Bucky's whereabouts, was tagging along with Black Widow. There would have been no opportunity for Black Panther to act, before Bucky had been safely re-acquired by Iron Man.

And none of this even addresses the fact that Bucky's willingness to risk the lives of others was the cause of the problems. If Bucky had any balls, he would have turned himself in, even if he feared the results.
>>
>>82636916
how dare you talk about pepper like that
>>
>>82655262
No, but they're definitely not going to listen to some sob story about how he wasn't responsible for breaking out and killing agents. Hell, even if they did believe him that doesn't mean they're not going to treat him as a very real threat regardless. After what happened he's toast no matter what.
>>
>>82655366
>if Bucky had any balls, he would have turned himself in, even if he feared the toppling of the USA in the next 24 hours while everyone argued over red tape and if he isn't just making shit up
>>
>>82636916
>tfw Wanda literally spurred on Tony to fear for the life of his friends
>tfw Wanda literally helped Ultron and even caused Hulk to go on a city rampage
>tfw people are quick to forgive her because "w-waifu"
I mean, I love her and all but let's get real.
>>
>>82655230
>Civil yes, respectful no. Cap and Tony were BOTH out to dislike each other from the moment they set eyes on each other and before that too.

Ha, no. Cap starts calling Tony out only after Tony picks a fight with Thor without knowing the situation, and goes aroind poking Banner with pointy shit. He was fine with Stark until Stark started acting like an ass (which wasn't long after they met)

> Cap spends most of the first avengers movie convinced that Tony is just an egotistical spoiled brat

because that's how Tony acts up until Coulson dies

> Tony is sarcastic but he never tried to be offensive(unless you actually thought the "capsicle" and "spry" comments weren't his standard banter)

He basically told Cap he wasn't useful to the team also

> It's attacks on his character, "Tony why are you such a fuck up", "Tony why are you such an egotistical shit." etc.

because he is

> They forgive Wanda for her shit instantaneously and reassure her constantly in CW but then we get shit like this >>82653024 for Tony.

Yeah, you want to know the difference between Tony and Wanda? Wanda showed actual remorse for what she did. After creating a genocidal robot Tony's solution is to do the same thing AGAIN and when Cap tries to voice his objection Tony just shuts him down. Basically telling the team he's making a second robot whether they like it or not. This is why people are more forgiving of the Twins. Instead of doubling down on their bad decisions and continuing to talk shit to Cap, they actually tried to cooperate.

> You don't single out people you claim as your friends

Because he's not their friend. He never listens to his team, even when it should be abundantly clear he's in the wrong, he's dismissive of everyone else's point of view. They're supposed to just put up with his shit forever? Characters call him out for being a spoiled child because that's what he is.
>>
>>82655286
>He gets his own friend shot in the back,
Tony didn't call the shot that was war machine.

>>82655338
I'd be fine with that.

Also, where is Nick Fury during all of this? He's like the father figure of these people
>>
>>82655415
Is it better to be in a battle with others, than to risk waiting for Cap to solve the mystery?
>>
reminder that Tony has the Jocasta AI lying around, which had probably been corrupted by Ultron as a failsafe by one of the first bodies he built
>>
>>82655447
Nick was probably trying to find Banner
>>
>>82655286

Steve only tried to explain when shit went down and when he already showed that without any reason before he would break any law for
Bucky Barnes, do you blame Tony for not believing him in that situation when Steve didn't try to explain before he was cornered?

They KNEW what they were getting signed up for by not signing the ACCORDS and they knew what it meant to be fighting Tony and the ones that did sign.

It was a regrettable situation but what if the avengers that did sign get put on probation while say the fucking Thunderbolts got assembled and wreaked havoc if the battle had gone the other way and everyone on Cap's team escaped?

Would you say that they'd be justified in getting angry at the anti reg side for not signing and putting them in that situation?

No because it's the consequences of their fucking actions.

The accord side signed knowing that they'd have less autonomy and potentially be at the mercy of the government and the anti side
didn't knowing full well that any actions they made from that point forward were criminal and would land them in whatever fucking jail the government had cooked up for them.

The fact that they got pissy at Tony for it (especially when they should KNOW that Tony would never choose to put them in that sort of prison even if he had to take them in) comes down to two things.

As usual it's the "us vs. Tony show" and the fact that like Cap, they didn't want to take responsibility for their actions.
>>
>>82653520
>Hela, this is your new mother.
>>
>>82637727
Wouldn't the repulsor beam just bounce off like it did in the Avengers? Isn't Tony effectively blasting himself at this point?
>>
>>82655531
the shield doesn't obey physics. the most I can say is that if an energy blast hits it at an angle it bounces off but if it hits it head on it just gets dispersed
>>
>>82655481
>without any reason before he would break any law for
Bucky Barnes,

You fucking idiot, they were going to kill Bucky if Cap didn't show up. That's not "any reason", that's to save a life. If you wouldn't break the law to save a friend's life you're just a shitty friend.

> do you blame Tony for not believing him in that situation when Steve didn't try to explain before he was cornered?

Yes, especially since that's exactly how most of the conversations between them go, even before Civil War. Tony just brushes off whatever Cap has to say.

> They KNEW what they were getting signed up for by not signing the ACCORDS and they knew what it meant to be fighting Tony and the ones that did sign.

That doesn't remove Tony's agency from the whole fucking thing. If they had been arrested by someone else, yeah, occupational hazard. Tony deserves all the shit he gets for being the one to do it though.

> what if the avengers that did sign get put on probation>>82655481
>Would you say that they'd be justified in getting angry at the anti reg side for not signing and putting them in that situation?

No, that'd be their fault for signing.

>As usual it's the "us vs. Tony show"

Yeah, because Tony refuses to cooperate with his team. Same story with fucking Ultron. It's "us vs Tony" because Tony deliberately decides to oppose his team.
>>
>>82655630
The part I remember in the movie is when T'Challa asks Bucky why he ran if he was innocent. Not sure if that was explained. Also, why didn't Steve just tell Tony he didn't think Bucky did this and help each other find him, detain him and question him away from Ross? Even if Tony didn't believe him, it really wouldn't hurt for them to agree with capturing him to question him themselves.
>>
>>82649098
Dude was dry humping the Black Widow, which may seem funny now but doesn't really seem appropriate in the context of the movie.
>>
>>82637727
>AAAHHHHH
>BUCKY HELP ME, HE HAS A GUN
>>
>>82654879

Him too. I didn't get the same reaction from him though because he is literally just introduced into MCU. Not saying he's not a bad guy, but so far all we've really seen of him is mostly a man driven by vengeance. Tony Stark I don't recall ever seeing this level of determination to outright murder someone and It was awesome.
>>
>>82655676
>why run if you're innocent

Well let's see. Later in the movie, Tony finds evidence he was framed and Ross says he doesn't care. If you're innocent, but being innocent doesn't matter, then yeah, fucking run.

> Also, why didn't Steve just tell Tony
>"Hey Tony I don't think you should be building a second all powerful AI so soon after the first one went crazy"
>"LOL FUCK OFF OLD MAN YOU DON'T KNOW"

Why fucking bother? Tony never listens to him anyway. The fact that he was willing to try and explain himself at all at the airport speaks volumes.
>>
>>82655686
It's funny because it shows how much of a slut Black Widow is
>>
>>82635318
Lol
>>
>>82640467
>>82651448

On paper, yes. But if you imagine he was drinking, it becomes a much better movie and I honestly think that's what they were going for before some suit pulled a veto.
>>
>>82655777
>climax of the movie is using his dad's old videos to figure out how to build a new liver
>>
>>82655748
>The fact that he was willing to try and explain himself at all at the airport speaks volumes.
But why not before hand when they are first receiving this information? By the time they reach the airport both Tony and Steve are already past talking point, because by that time Ross would've just imprisoned Capt. & Co. anyway. If Steve had told Tony what he wanted to do when he found out tony would at least have time to think about something.
>>
>>82655630
>Yeah, because Tony refuses to cooperate with his team. Same story with fucking Ultron. It's "us vs Tony" because Tony deliberately decides to oppose his team.
To be fair, Tony had good reason to act how he did.
>>
File: 1453333001287.jpg (60KB, 314x347px) Image search: [Google]
1453333001287.jpg
60KB, 314x347px
>>82655799
oh god I can't laughing
>>
>>82655799
I saw that as him finding the motivation to clean up his act, but yeah, that works too.

In all seriousness IM2 was a mess, but I legit don't understand how people like IM3 more.
>>
>>82655810
They literally talk about this when Bucky has hisbhand in the vice

>he wouldn't believe us

And guess what, they were right
>>
>>82635266
The acting was pretty good by everyone involved with this project. But I didn't drop by to post just that. I dropped by to just say

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS!
>>
>>82637842
He gets fight choreography down pretty damn well too.

More movies like 300 (with less slow-mo) from him could do some justice.
>>
>>82655824
Source on picture?
>>
>>82655813
no
>>
>>82655879
Yes.
>>
>>82637727
This annoyed me more than anything.
Shield takes a HUGE blast.
Later when cap drops it, the shield still has perfect paint. Not even burnt.
>>
>>82655850
They said this after he got triggered to kill. Not right after T'Chaka died. Which was two fights after Steve got word that the guy looks like Bucky. They were very rational to each other beforehand.
>>
>>82655886
nah
>>
>>82655897
yuh
>>
>>82655889

It took Thor's hammer and still had fresh paint. Vibranium, bitch.
>>
File: 1453330880331.png (226KB, 266x569px) Image search: [Google]
1453330880331.png
226KB, 266x569px
>>82655867
Kate Leth's Hellcat
great source of reaction images. More entertaining when viewed through the context of a thirty-something woman having a midlife crisis indicative of the own author's shortcomings as a human being
>>
>>82655894
>right after T'Chaka died

He called Widow, she said if he went anywhere near it he'd be arrested. Guys were on their way to kill Bucky, there wasn't really time to discuss things.
>>
So just had second viewing. Seemed to fly by this time. But, there was still something that bugs me. How come Vision was "distracted" even thought he still aimed perfectly? It wasn't his fault Falcon ducked out of the way.

Also, how come Scott fully agreed to help these people he doesn't know or owe any of them anything?
>>
>>82655914
nope
>>
>>82655938
Wanda's tits.
>>
>>82655938
>How come Vision was "distracted" even thought he still aimed perfectly
He was worried about Wanda and failed to take Rhodey into account, I guess.

>Also, how come Scott fully agreed to help these people
They're the fucking Avengers. Captain AMERICA was asking for his help.
>>
>>82655938
>how come Scott fully agreed to help these people he doesn't know or owe any of them anything

It was Captain America
>>
>>82655850
>he wouldn't believe us
>And guess what, they were right
>Tony then proceeds to compromise and join Cap's side in the climax even if Zemo goaded them to fight again
Right keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>82655942
Yup.
>>
>>82655938
>How come Vision was "distracted"
he was experiencing jealousy for the first time, over Wanda choosing someone else and not trusting him. His brain is a super computer. On a good day he could have, if not aimed for a spot Falcon couldn't dodge, at least aimed so that there was no chance of friendly fire.

>how come Scott fully agreed to help these people he doesn't know or owe any of them anything?
Scott loves Cap and wasn't gonna say no to the greatest american hero that ever lived.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-11-02h25m50s855.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-11-02h25m50s855.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>82655921
And later in the movie it was scuffed up. Like it had been in an actual battle.
>>
>>82655933
They were in Africa and got suited up heading to Bucharest and somehow bypassed everyone without getting caught. They had enough time to give Tony a 5 minute call to tell them their plan.

>>82655938
Probably the personal connection with Wanda he made earlier limited his connection with everyone.
>>
>>82655630

That's all well and good excepting the fact that while it was good to save Bucky the man still broke countless laws and took no responsibility for it. A man who doesn't seem to understand the consequences of his actions even when he usually does isn't someone you're inclined to believe when it concerns his weak spot.

>Yes, especially since that's exactly how most of the conversations between them go, even before Civil War. Tony just brushes off whatever Cap has to say.

And Cap brushes off Tony like he'd been doing the entire movie because "freedom"

>That doesn't remove Tony's agency from the whole fucking thing. If they had been arrested by someone else, yeah, occupational hazard. Tony deserves all the shit he gets for being the one to do it though.

You seem to be purposely disregarding the whole fucking point of the conflict. Just like being jailed is an occupational hazard of not signing, being made to do things you don't want was a hazard OF signing.

Both sides believed in a stance strongly enough that they'd be willing to take the consequences concerning it so it's whiny as shit that just because Tony was the one to personally take them in as opposed to I dunno a hit squad or the cops that it's his fault for everything that happened to them.

If we flip the agency back, yes by obeying the accords Tony is in fact acting to take them in which unfortunately sends them to jail.

But by NOT obeying the accords and actively not obeying them they are putting themselves in a position where people are forced to come after them and that they will be sent to jail.

>No that'd be their fault from signing

Just as that is fully the case, the situation in which they got thrown into prison is their own fault for NOT signing. This shit goes both
ways, once again it boggles my fucking head that people don't realize that this is a grey issue in which people have to deal with the consequences of their choices for good or for bad.
>>
>>82655975
Tony didn't believe them until presented with evidence, evidence neither Cap nor Bucky had or even knew for sure existed
>>
>>82655975
>>Tony then proceeds to compromise and join Cap's side in the climax
After he'd had time to calm down, and evidence to believe Steve wasn't just covering for his friend.
>>
>>82655938
>Also, how come Scott fully agreed to help these people he doesn't know or owe any of them anything?
I'm sure Pym said "Fuck Stark", coupled with it's Captain Fucking America.
>>
>>82655984
That's Chitauri blood though. It's ON the shield.
>>
>>82655975

>>Tony then proceeds to compromise and join Cap's side in the climax

Only AFTER Friday emailed him all that shit proving Cap was right all along. He didn't believe Cap at all until then.

I will keep telling myself that what happened is what happened though, thanks

>>82655951
>wanda's tits is the answer to both questions

kek
>>
>RDJ remembers his Wikipedia article says "actor" under Profession
>everyone just wants him to be Iron Quip til he retires
>>
>>82656000
And turned out to be wrong about.
>>
>>82656028
I know people who refuse to watch Sherlock Holmes because he's supposed to be Ironman.
>>
>>82656034
well the evidence in this case was that Bucky was framed
>>
>>82655990
>They were in Africa

What

Also he called Widow. As much denial as Tony is in, Widow was a way better friend to Cap than Tony ever was. It made way more sense to call Widow instead.
>>
>>82656050
It was pretty brilliant how Zemo leaked the evidence so Tony would go.

Played everyone like a goddamn fiddle.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-11-02h32m21s584.png (776KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-11-02h32m21s584.png
776KB, 1920x816px
>>82656010
Here we go.
How about the very first time we see the shield in cap:TFA?
Just admit the shield not being damaged in CW was an oversight.
>>
>>82656034
No? Zemo was the guy who bombed the UN and the guy who triggered Bucky in jail. They were right.
>>
>>82656000
>>82656007

You can't even pin that on Tony. I'd find it hard to believe anyone if they're only excuse not to get captured is "muh friend!".

>>82656068
I got events mixed up
>>
>>82635293
>but there's a reason Iron Man was so successful.

IM1 was so good because, just like CW, Tony's character has emotional nuance, sometimes he quips and sometimes he's showing pain or contemplation.

IM2 and 3 lacked that.
>>
File: pFOr3.jpg (71KB, 1188x993px) Image search: [Google]
pFOr3.jpg
71KB, 1188x993px
>>82656010
Are you saying we've never seen the paint on his shield damaged? It's not vibranium based paint, anon.
>>
>>82656088
>You can't even pin that on Tony.
I don't. I think tony was wrong, but he had mroe than enough reasons to act the way he did.
>>
>>82656103
Does that kind of paint even exist?

And how the fuck does T'Challa's suit not wear and tear
>>
>>82656069
I was confused as fuck why Zemo was making sure his ruse got discovered, it was only in hindsight I realized the eloquence of it all
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-11-02h36m14s177.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-11-02h36m14s177.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82656010
That's not even Chitari blood, tard.
Just watch the ending of The Avengers.
>>
>>82656096
IM3 had way bigger problems than Tony's quip ratio.
>>
>>82655928
>More entertaining when viewed through the context of a thirty-something woman having a midlife crisis indicative of the own author's shortcomings as a human being
I thought that some of Hedy's dialogue in the first issue kind of confirmed that interpretation, when she mentions how old Patsy is and still working in a clothing store.
>>
>>82656134
That's the credits sequence. I was pointing out something IN the actual movie.
>>
>>82656080
>paint scratch
>actual damage
>>
>>82656017
>Only AFTER Friday emailed him all that shit
Wait so are we operating under the assumption that Friday acts on her own? Because I'm pretty sure Tony had to order her to do that because he actually thought he was doing wrong and came under the realization that Steve was right and HAD to look up that info and willingly go against the Accords because he thought he was right.

But yeah I stand corrected though, "keep deluding yourself" should have been what I said.
>>
>>82656162
Going to go out on a limb here and say that Iron Mans arm lasers are a BIT more damaging to paint than 1944 guns.
>>
>>82637006
THIS.
>>
>Watched it today on a "4DX" movie theater
>Paid 15 goddamn bucks for the experience
>That's 3 times the usual ticket price for you americans.
>All to have the privilege of feeling like I'm watching the movie in a room packed with obnoxious kids, kicking my seat and blowing at my neck and throwing water all over the place

Not to mention the 3D itself makes the movie lose sharpness, I hate it.
>>
>>82655991
> the man still broke countless laws and took no responsibility for it.

He turned surrendered to War Machine, whatbthe fuck do you want?

>And Cap brushes off Tony like he'd been doing the entire movie because "freedom"

At any point do you ever see Cap telling Tony he's delusional or anything similar, or interrupting him? He doesn't just disregard what people say like Tony does.

>rest of that post

Yes, getting jailed is a very real consequence for what they did. That's no excuse for Tony to be the one to jail them. Tony did what he did. No one forced him to hunt down his comrades. If someone else had jailed them, fine, it would be out of Tony's hands. But he decided to do it himself.
>>
>>82656179
To clarify, I meant more damaging to paint.
>>
File: XuJCw.jpg (73KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
XuJCw.jpg
73KB, 1100x733px
>>82656124
I suppose it could? Lead based paints exist, right? Ha, who knows. It was probably an oversight. Maybe uru metal has a different effect and same with repulsors? Who knows. It's a minor enough matter, I guess.

Personally I liked Steve's stealth shield variant. I can't tell if they scraped the paint off for the boat mission or covered it in plastic wrap or some shit.
>>
>>82656205
Supposedly it was covered, hence why it has the red showing after a few knocks.
>>
>>82656179
>>82656202
I'd think HYDRA's power cube guns are more damaging to paint than Iron Man's unibeams.
>>
>>82656143
yeah but its easy to forget when everyone else in the thread is insisting the comic has zero entertainment value and looking for reasons to go on a rant
>>
So Wanda and Vision are gonna make out in the next movie right?
>>
>>82656165
>Wait so are we operating under the assumption that Friday acts on her own? Because I'm pretty sure Tony had to order her to do that

That's what happens though. Friday's like "boss, priority report from police" or some shit and he's all surprised that Cap was right. Maybe actually see the movie before you start deciding what happened.
>>
>>82656228
Makes sense. Some kind of spray that covers the paint but can be wiped off later. Nothing that would alter the way the shield flies.
>>
>>82656257
>implying that Stark's bots aren't prompted by Stark wanting search priorities on anything relevant to the case he's working on
>but nah it's still not him it was his bot who decided to force him to have that change of mind because deep down he's still an asshole and only acted on "muh evidence"
You can only pretend to be so retarded anon.
>>
>>82656481
>wanting search priorities on anything relevant to the case he's working on

How does that imply he believed Cap at all?

If he really believed Cap, why didn't he, you know, believe him until that info came in?
>>
>>82656481
You're a rather obnoxious and obtuse Iron Man fanboy.
Even assuming that what you say about 'search priorities' is true and not Friday acting unilaterally, it really doesn't change that Bucky was more or less right that Tony would not believe them considering they had no evidence for Bucky's innocence.
>because deep down he's still an asshole
Yeah. He's an asshole on the surface, too, so it's not surprising.
>and only acted on "muh evidence"
Because that's literally what happened.
>>
File: 1628073-iron_baby.jpg (42KB, 443x280px) Image search: [Google]
1628073-iron_baby.jpg
42KB, 443x280px
>>82656615
>Iron Man fanboy
Iron Manbaby.
>>
>>82656615
>You're a rather obnoxious and obtuse Iron Man fanboy.
Who said I was an Ironfag? I hope not all Capfags are as retarded as you because you can't seem argue without resorting to characterfagging.
>>
>>82656712
Fuck off, Ironfag.
You're not fooling anyone but yourself, you obtuse retard.
>>
File: 1461812444325.jpg (294KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461812444325.jpg
294KB, 582x600px
>>82656725
>practically a "No (You)" reply
Well job well done on showing your stupid Capfag.
>>
File: [smug fish monger].jpg (31KB, 408x469px) Image search: [Google]
[smug fish monger].jpg
31KB, 408x469px
>>82656699
>that baby is probably taller than RDJ
>>
>>82656773
Not after he pushes it over, it's not. Also he's taking this damn candy while he's at it. And some of these colored blocks to stand on. Fucking baby.
Thread posts: 528
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.