[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I hear a 22+ year old cartoons nowadays are worst than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Whenever I hear a 22+ year old cartoons nowadays are worst than the ones from the 90s - 2005, I can't help but get annoyed. Its like you allow your nostalgia to make you not accept there are great shows out. If shows like Cow and Chicken, Ren and Stimpy and Ed Edd and Eddy came out today, people would SHIT on them like they do Uncle Grandpa and Clarence.
>>
I hated all those sorts of shows as a kid. I watched them because they were on, but they were always shit compared to a good action show.
>>
Context is an important part of a show.
If Xavier Renegade Angel was a webseries from 2014 people wouldn't like it as much. This is normal and it is nothing to be outraged about.
>>
>>82605826
it's all subjective
there are good and both shows from any decade
also most anons who do that are usually cherrypicking and/or shitposting
>>
>>82605872
Same here. I only watched them because nothing else was on and they kept me from being bored. But soon i got into video games.
>>
i couldn't stand rugrats as a kid and i still can't

that cartoon was ugly and boring as shit
>>
File: 1444523173093.jpg (85KB, 527x902px) Image search: [Google]
1444523173093.jpg
85KB, 527x902px
>>82605826
It bothers me that whenever anyone references that quote, they forget the "so". I mean, how do you fuck up such a perfectly-delivered line?

>Am I so out of touch?
>*pause*
>No, it's the children who are wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ&list=FLz0zJdLjTA1smAs2MZo4bOg
>>
File: zeitgeist.jpg (9KB, 745x666px) Image search: [Google]
zeitgeist.jpg
9KB, 745x666px
>>82605826
Generalization is the real issue, and it cuts both sides. Some will just throw labels like "CG" or "CalArts" in the same way that others will simply cry "Nostalgia", as if they were magic auto-validating arguments for criticism.
>>
>>82605826
>If shows like Cow and Chicken, Ren and Stimpy and Ed Edd and Eddy came out today, people would SHIT on them like they do Uncle Grandpa and Clarence.
I get the feeling that some shows are very much "of their time". It's too edgy, too oddball, has a new concept (or a new twist on an old one), so it couldn't have been made earlier. But now, in a radically different era, these concepts are boring, or overdone to where no one wants a do-over. Or maybe it's people's nostalgia. Seeing a single out-there concept done so well that no one else does it or can do it without being accused of being unoriginal or copycats isn't unheard of. It's the reason I can't watch any sitcom other than Seinfeld.
>>
>>82605826
There isn't even one (1) good cartoon airing currently.

Its essentially fact that modern cartoons are worse than the shows airing during the 80s/90s. You know something is very, very wrong when Steven Universe is held-up as the poster child of 'good modern cartoon'.
>>
>>82607152
Define "good"
>>
>>82606771
what "so"?
>>
>>82605826
While I agree with this "get over it, grandpa" meme sometimes, it bothers me most other times.

It's just the retarded rhetorical opposite of "IT'S CURRENT YEAR!" Whether something is new or old shouldn't totally determine its worth.

New ideas aren't good just because they're new, and old shows aren't good just because they're old.
>>
File: 1261217646919.jpg (66KB, 600x476px)
1261217646919.jpg
66KB, 600x476px
>>82610194
>>
>>82605826
Most 90s shows are terrible compared to what we have today. There were good action shows then, which is the one nice thing, but all the stuff that people nostalgia over and include in those 'ONLY 90S KIDS REMEMBER' images are boring garbage like Hey Arnold and Rocko's Modern Life and shit like that.
>>
>>82613154
I feel like certain 90s shoe are products of their time but also refence a time in the early 90s or late 80s, it goes over most peoples heads of you didn't live in the era. Hey Arnold isn't boring to me, it reminds me of my childhood having an urban legend about everything in town and getting fucked with by older kids. The internet and anti bullying ruined those things and make most people just don't get it. Shows should be criticized in the context of their time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.