[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>is told that all these fights are creating too much collatoral

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 543
Thread images: 37

File: NEivULxsbV87lq_2_b.jpg (72KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEivULxsbV87lq_2_b.jpg
72KB, 600x316px
>is told that all these fights are creating too much collatoral damages
>keeps getting into more fights and causing more collateral damage
>too busy being all "MUH BUCKY" to realize he keeps making things worse, jeopardizing innocents and making himself look bad
>every character in the movie is trying to solve things by saying "dude, Cap. Just listen to us, man. Please." Even Tony is trying to be diplomatic, and he was all "NAH IT'S MY SUIT. SUCK MY DICK, CONGRESS LOL"
>chooses to solve all of his problems with punches
>ends up getting his friends locked up in a prison in the middle of the ocean, separating at least two from their families and kids
Remind me again why I'm supposed to root for him? "NO U MOVE"? That just sounds childish, especially when it's being spoken out loud.

Even in that final shot, he looks more like a villain. I sided with him in the comics, but his side of the argument was so bare.
>>
He was literally being naruto/sasgay tier with this shit, Tony was right
>>
>>82598160
>Remind me again why I'm supposed to root for him?
They're entirely reactionary and never start the fights that would destroy the world, they're the ones that stop it. Unless you prefer the alternative of Thanos-overrun Earth, HYDRA controlling the world, and/or total annihilation via So-long-Earth-kovia.
>>
Tony was right in the comics too, it was just his execution that was flawed and turned evil so that Cap would appear to be right
>>
>>82598160
> implying he wasn't trying to leave the airport peacefully
> implying tony didn't start the confrontation
> implying muh bucky wasn't a frame job
> implying he didn't bust his friends out of jail
> OP wants to see an innocent man assassinated by special forces for a crime he did not commit
> OP doesn't realize that the price of freedom is high and a price he is unwilling to pay

Cap did nothing wrong
>>
>>82598160
>Remind me again why I'm supposed to root for him? "NO U MOVE"? That just sounds childish, especially when it's being spoken out loud.
have you never stood for anything in your life?
jesus man, give a fuck about SOMETHING.
>>
>>82598160
Because it was Tony's side ignoring investigation and due process.
>>
>>82598160
Captin America is like Superman.
It doesn't matter what they actually say the have the moral superiority by default
>>
Cap is tied with Loki as the best Marvel movie villain

>>82598355
I believe in what Tonyand the others were trying to do, though.

Steve really couldn't rationalize anything beyond the first argument. Things kept escalating and escalating and he just didn't care or show remorse.
>>
>>82598255
You guys act like the UN on Marvel Earth is the UN here. They mobilized and would have taken Bucky, I believe, had not Cap interfered. They did that shit in minutes.

They found Bucky. Steve used their information to track him down. Working for the UN makes sense. They have the resources, they're not afraid to use them. The situation, had they not decided to go all libertarian on it, would have had them access to more information and some much needed grown up decision making.

More planning can't be a bad thing for them considering that their on the fly shit while apparently saves the day also gets a lot of innocent people flattened by buildings.
>>
The dumbest fucking thing about this movie is how many issues Cap caused and in the end, Bucky ends up frozen again anyway what the fuck was the point of this movie
>>
NEITHER SIDE IS 100% RIGHT OR WRONG

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT. THAT UNREASONABLE ARGUMENT CREATING A RIFT THAT IS IMPASSIBLE BY ANY MEANS.

So then any unresolved animosity between these characters can be forced into the light and drama can happen.
>>
>>82598322
Zemo's plan was to make Steve think the Winter Soldier thing was too urgent to sit down and talk it out. If Steve had cooperated peacefully literally none of the problems would have happened.
>>
>>82598369
They were literally shown investigating Bucky and processing him as criminally insane.
>>
>>82598419
If Tony hadn't been such an ass and taken a half a second to listen it wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>82598419

They sent a fucking death squad after him.

>>82598438

Only because Cap forced their hand and got to him first.
>>
>>82598400
this

>the mess in Nigeria
>the mess trying to save Bucky
>the mess in the airport
>the mess in the prison at the end
Literally everyone is going "Cap don't make things worse" and he's all "I'LL SHOW YOU WORSE"

Maybe I'd care a little if Bucky was at all likable and worth endangering all of those people and jeopardizing the Avengers.
>>
You guys do remember that Steve was just about to agree with Tony when Tony mentioned he put Wanda under house arrest.

"God dammit Tony that's my EXACT grievance you played into."
>>
>>82598460
>the mess in Nigeria
If only Cap had let the bad guys attack that building and get away with the biological weapon in the first place literally none of this shit would have gone down.
>>
>>82598454
>They sent a fucking death squad after him.
He was an armed and dangerous killer with known mental problems. It was a totally reasonable call.
>>
>>82598395
How did you watch the movie and not understand they were both right, that's the point.
there needs to be some sort of responsibility.
Mass global politics ISN'T it.
>>
>>82598492
>hey cap
>what
>Bucky
>NOT COOL THAT'S MY TRIGGER WORD
>heh, messing with you sure is a blast
>>
these threads are proof that the russos are the true rusemasters

both sides have their valid points, both sides are flawed. both have their ideological arguments but both were affected by emotion. you aren't supposed to root for one side exclusively.
>>
He doesn't even say it in the movie. Peggy's niece or whoever delivers it in the eulogy

2/10 movie marvels finished
>>
>>82598518
If all the governments in the world working together isn't the proper authorities, who is?
>>
>>82598160
>"NO U MOVE"? That just sounds childish, especially when it's being spoken out loud.

That's actually a quote from a famous writer
>>
I pretty distinctly remember Steve trying to talk first before he did ANYTHING.

The airport fight shouldn't have happened because Tony should've been able to take Steve at his word there and said "Well he gave me 36 hours, so lets press that as hard as we can"

And then still try to beat the shit out of Bucky and Cap because watching anyone kill your mom will fucking send you into a rage tornado.
>>
>Nations of the World all agree that a guy from 1940's Brooklyn who had learning about what the Cold War was on his to-do list last time we saw him probably can't be trusted to know what's best for every nation in the world, so they ask that they be involved in the decision making process before he and his buddies start running in

>"NO TONI, U MUV"

MCU Cap was pretty unreasonable in this
>>
>>82598505
Nigga they were breaching that shit with heavy weapons drawned and they started shooting the moment they breached the room.
>>
>>82598570
Good, because it's a dumb speech.
>>
>>82598588
governments are controlled by people with interests and those interests can get in the way of making the "right" decision.

2 people working together can get more done than 1000
>>
>>82598588
I don't know, probably yo mama.
>>
>>82598603
>I pretty distinctly remember Steve trying to talk first before he did ANYTHING.

"Hey, should we try telling Tony, Natasha, and the rest of them about the conspiracy we just discovered?"

"Nah, they probably won't buy it, so let's not even try to explain it as we steal their airplane."
>>
>>82598588
People who aren't fooled by a scooby-doo mask.
>>
>>82598603
>The airport fight shouldn't have happened because Tony should've been able to take Steve at his word there and said "Well he gave me 36 hours, so lets press that as hard as we can"
This assumes Tony should believe that Cap's judgement is right. Because if Cap is wrong about Zemo using the super soldiers (which he was), then the 36 hours would be used up for nothing and all of the Avengers would have the military ramming their asses.
>>
>>82598671
he literally told tony about the super soldiers and the fake doctor
>>
>>82598671
>so let's not even try to explain it as we steal their airplane."
He specifically did try that.
>>
>>82598603

This. The whole thing could have been avoided if Tony just said "Fine we'll take all 12 of us to your secret compond you claim is in Siberia and see what's up. And if nothing's there you're coming back with us."

Instead he adamantly refuses to believe anything even though 4 other people are backing Cap's story and switches to attack mode.
>>
File: 1461986584619.png (406KB, 501x650px) Image search: [Google]
1461986584619.png
406KB, 501x650px
>Being a vigilante is OK as long as you're really fucking strong

Captain America sure is ignorant of the laws of the country he claims to fight for
>>
>>82598692
The super soldiers thing is a distraction from the fact that he did identify the source of the problem. Going there resolves the issue regardless of the status of some evil communists.
>>
>>82598622
That's the logic behind dictatorships.

Checks and balances intentionally make it harder for anyone to enforce their will.
>>
File: Breddygud.jpg (77KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
Breddygud.jpg
77KB, 540x332px
>>82598588
>If all the governments in the world working together isn't the proper authorities, who is?

117 governments in the MCU is closer to half the world governments. And it's nearly impossible to get a significant number of world governments to agree on ANYTHING other than "I guess we won't do that thing that would make the world better".

All the Sokovia Accord amounted to was a Cease and Desist order.
>>
>>82598692
Does saying "There's a guy trying to do wake up a bunch of fucked up super soldiers" really fall under "judgement"?
>>
>>82598725
I distinctly remember Team Cap (specifically ANTS) throwing the first punch to be fair.
>>
>>82598737
>being a vigilante is OK as long as you're a good person

everything checks out

>>82598745
and if this were reality i would be inclined to agree but this is the MCU where Hydra is running around influencing god knows how many governments, subcommittees, and special interest groups
>>
>>82598756
>All the Sokovia Accord amounted to was a Cease and Desist order.
Hey you never know, they might be allowed to go to conflict zones but just not allowed to fire their weapons.
>>
>>82598769
It's an assumption Cap is making that turns out to be wrong.
>>
>>82598737
That wasn't even...

"I want to help these people but North Korea said no" is what he's against.

Which is, again, a pretty valid thing when you want to help a whole world. He doesn't want the biggest guns for goods to be in the pockets of a bunch of politicians who DON'T have everyone's best interests in mind.
>>
>>82598788
tony made the first "move" by telling spidey to web up cap.
>>
>>82598671
>"Hey, should we try telling Tony, Natasha, and the rest of them about the conspiracy we just discovered?"
That's exactly what he did
>>
>>82598807
The fact still remains they'd be tracking down the guy responsible for all the murders to begin with.
>>
File: 1442084686311.jpg (45KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
1442084686311.jpg
45KB, 700x535px
>all these fights are causing too much collateral damage
There was a giant space worm tearing down New York City streets while an army of flying aliens were buzzing around kill civilians.
A city was literally lifted from the ground and was going to drop onto the Earth's surface killing all life on Earth
A guy in a mask was going to steal a biological weapon to sell to god knows who and then set off a suicide bomb that would have killed people regardless of where it was targeted.

The world was lucky that there was a team of super humans there to take care of each of these situations. How the fuck is there supposed to not be collateral damage. How the fuck is would regulating the Avengers stop collateral damage. That scene with the mother pissed me off. Sorry your son died but literally the entire world would have died if that city had crashed into the Earth

The only situation I could understand would be Hulk rampaging in the city but half of that is Tony's fault for fighting the giant monster within a city. Most of everything is Tony's fault and Vision even says it in the movie
>reveals he's Iron Man because of his massive ego
>draws super heroes out of the woodwork
>creates an AI that tries to destroy the world
>tries to lump everyone in to share the responsibilities for shit that was his fault
>Cap tells him to fuck off
>Y-YOU JUST STARTED A WAR PAL
>MUH DEAD PARENTS
>MUH PEPPER
Stop posting Tony and go to bed
>>
>>82598800
>but this is the MCU where Hydra is running around influencing god knows how many governments, subcommittees, and special interest groups

This is Post-Winter Soldier, where their organization got exposed to the world. Zemo found a Hydra agent hiding in some safehouse shitting his pants every time he heard a car backfire.
>>
>>82598807
And it doesn't matter because it's the same villain regardless of what he's doing in his bunker.
>>
>>82598807
Oh please the only difference was that the super soldiers were dead and no one saw that coming. That's a bullshit statement.
>>
I want to fug May
>>
>>82598800
>and if this were reality i would be inclined to agree but this is the MCU where Hydra is running around influencing god knows how many governments, subcommittees, and special interest groups
If you can't trust anyone, then it's better to have decisions made by as wide a group as possible, and to not let anyone have absolute authority.

This includes the Avengers. We only know that they're all 100% trustworthy because we see things from their perspective.
>>
>>82598788
>What essentially amounts to disarming and handcuffing

Or

>Backflip kicking a teenager in the face
>>
>>82598870
That makes all the difference, because it means that they could go back with Tony and deal with things at the UN's pace. There was no reason to resist, because Zemo isn't a threat unless the Avengers fight each other.
>>
>>82598830
All Tony was doing was trying to neutralize the criminal. If Steve had just said "you got me man" and peacefully discussed shit something different may have happened. Instead he got himself free, triggering the battle

There are many different first moves team Iron Man could have done if they actually wanted to fight when they got there
>>
>>82598882
but we do see everything from their perspective and they are all 100% trustworthy.

if we're working with privileged knowledge then why not use it. the avengers are infallible so just let them operate.
>>
>>82598856
>he doesn't remember Tony literally saying word for word "lets get you out of the city"

The invasion wasn't Tony's fault for happening in NYC it was Loki's ego. Ultron was definitely his fault, but he admitted it. I'm not saying his position is perfect but at least he can admit he's flawed in some ways aside from Steve "Perfect Judgment" Rogers
>>
>>82598588
Someone who DIDN'T try to nuke New York City in Avengers 1, preferably.
>>
File: Hex.jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hex.jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
>>82598856
>A city was literally lifted from the ground and was going to drop onto the Earth's surface killing all life on Earth
Literally 100% caused by two Avengers. So was the mess in South Africa.
>>
>>82598864

And some other HYDRA cell was going to buy the blueprints for the Yellowjacket, and walked off with Cross' particle.

Zemo infiltrated the secure counter terrorist offices and triggered Bucky under the noses of all the people pushing the Accords.

In an ideal world, yes, acountability to the UN would be the answer.

This is the fucking MCU, where a new bad guy or evil organization is being created every week.
>>
>>82598958
That was the World Security Council, which is gone now. Those 5 jackoffs were the most corrupt of all of them, and they're out, as is SHIELD.
>>
>>82598926
Because that's asking the world to treat them like they know that.

If the Avengers get to be an exception to the law because they "do the right thing", what's stopping other vigilantes from claiming the same thing?
>>
>>82598916
Dude got his hands on and deployed a huge electromagnetic pinch device, and also blew up a UN meeting killing A FUCKING KING. Tell me how he's not a threat when he's a one man terrorism machine.
>>
>>82598976
That plays right into Vision's point though. He stated outright that the unlimited power the Avengers have draws competition, like HYDRA, like Cross, like Zemo. You're literally proving Vision's point.
>>
>>82598800
>>being a vigilante is OK as long as you're a good person
>Thousands of retards who think they're "Good People" begin running around and enforcing their own brand of the law because the Avengers are doing it

>>82598828
Cap is trying to operate within the borders of a country while simultaneously ignoring its laws.
>>
>>82598975
You mean 3 avengers? You can't possibly separate SW from responsibility here.
>>
>>82598856
this. Tony should've been the one in prison. I'm really surpised no one calls him out about Ultron or Iron Man 3 events.

Especially since the comic avengers give Pym so much shit for Ultron he has a mental breakdown
>>
>>82598989
just double checking here, but are the shadowy figures (great job whedon) the same council in winter soldier?

those guys seemed alright
>>
>>82599030
SW and Tony were the ones I was referring to.

SW and Hulk for the second scenario.
>>
>>82598989
You sure? I don't remember them getting their comeuppance. It's been a long time and I could've forgotten, though.
>>
>>82598916
Wasn't he? I need to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure that he killed all of the super soldiers. They weren't shot when we first saw them in their pods.
>>
>>82599036
>I'm really surprised no one calls him out about Ultron

He calls himself out for it and owns up to being a goddamn moron. Is that not enough?
>>
File: 1460190571432.jpg (92KB, 561x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460190571432.jpg
92KB, 561x900px
>is so un-involved with his own company he doesn't even know his company manufactures weapons
>reveals his secret identity because of his ego
>puts himself and his girlfriend in mortal danger by revealing his address to a terrorist
>fights a giant green monster in the middle of a populated city and makes no attempt to lure him out of it
>creates an AI that tries to destroy all human life
>neglects Pepper so badly she leaves him
>tries to make his whole team share responsibility for stuff that was his fault
>brings a 16 year old kid to a warzone of super humans
>causes his best friend to be crippled
>destroys his own team by being a government stooge
Is it even possible to fuck up more than Tony has?
>>
>>82599036
>I'm really surpised no one calls him out about Ultron
There's an entire scene dedicated to muh dead son, and it's the villain's whole motivation.
>>
>>82599026
Laws that are barely adjusting to the fact there's aliens and mad science fucking shit up, mind you.
>>
>>82599025

HYDRA predates the Avengers.

So do the otherwordly threats the MCU faces.

Chitauri, Frost Giants, those extists and can come at any moment if they please (Frost Giants battled on Earth in the past for gods sake).
>>
File: Bruce Wayne Keaton.jpg (224KB, 1158x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Wayne Keaton.jpg
224KB, 1158x1080px
>>82599026
>>Thousands of retards who think they're "Good People" begin running around and enforcing their own brand of the law because the Avengers are doing it

Are you dissing Batman?
>>
>>82599051
But in either situation all 3 are responsible. Bruce helps Tony with Ultron and Tony fights Bruce in the city. Both of which are results of SW. All 3 are responsible in both situations
>>
>>82599056
Rhodey very specifically says in the movie that the UN guys they're be working under are NOT the World Security Council.
>>
>>82599091
Pretty much literally how you get new superheroes anywhere nowadays.
>>
>>82598807

Cap was only partially wrong. He was correct that Bucky was framed and Zemo did it and was heading to the site. He was just wrong that Zemo's endgame was using the soldiers.
>>
>>82599092
I guess. Which just supports my point even more.

The Avengers are not infallible and their decisions should not always be trusted.
>>
>>82598916

You can't be serious. The dude bombed a UN meeting, killed a king, deployed a EMP, triggered Bucky.

One man, all by himself.

The Accords couldn't and wouldn't do shit to stop him.

So what if he never inteded to wake up the Winter Soldiers?

The dude was a serious threat, and the only people doing ANYTHING to stop him was the people on Cap's side.
>>
why did zemo kill the 5 sleeping winter soldiers?
>>
>putting a team of super heroes under a system of bureaucratic red tape
Giant lizard destroying the city? Hold on guys we have to get approval first
>>
>>82599153
He hated Superhumans.
>>
>>82599065
No. He tries to fault the whole team like they are out of control when he's the only person OUT OF CONTROL.

No one made Bruce and Tony build a super robot with the capability to commit mass destruction. And no one made Tony taunt some terrorists.

Every other event was collateral damage, Tony's destruction was caused by pure arrogance.
>>
>>82599038

Same council, not the same people.
>>
>>82598449
>If Tony hadn't been such an ass and taken a half a second to listen it wouldn't have happened.

You can't listen to someone who isn't talking to you. Steve's problem is that he only trusts one person and that dude's a brainwashed super assassin.
>>
>people forgetting the UN's response to the Rwandan Genocide

This is not the group that should be protecting us from Thanos
>>
>>82599153
He didn't like superpeople. His plan wasn't to use them, but to use them to create false urgency/tension.
>>
>>82599073
I meant the avengers telling Tony to shut up. Not the villain
>>
>>82599183

thats it? why didnt he try and use them the same way he used winter soldier? did he think that activating them would unite the avengers (in order to defeat them?)
>>
>>82599185
>No one made Bruce and Tony build a super robot with the capability to commit mass destruction
One of the current Avengers literally did just that. She also intentionally made the Hulk go on a rampage in a populated area,
>>
>>82599153

Because they are HYDRA tools of destruction, and he dislikes HYDRA and the threat those five soldiers represent.
>>
>>82598398
Cap went in because Sharon told him there was a shoot-on-sight order against Bucky so he went to prevent him from being killed. Then lo and behold, after he gets there the UN guys start throwing grenades in the window without even giving them a chance to surrender.

He went to prevent them from killing Bucky. If he didn't Bucky would be dead.
>>
>>82599214
Of course it would have that effect.
Also, the last guys who tried to "use them" ended up pretty fucked up.
>>
>>82599237
You mean the same avenger that was coerced by Tony's KILLER ROBOT?
>>
>>82599200
THANK YOU!
>>
>>82599193
Sreve did try to talk at the airport tho and Stark didn't listen.
>>
>>82599214
He says exactly why. Paraphrasing:

>Do you really think I wanted more of you?

>An empire attacked from the outside can rebuild. But an empire that tears itself apart can never be rebuilt.
>>
>>82599279
"Hey miss, wanna fuck up some Avengers?" really isn't coercion in the classic sense.
>>
>>82599026
>Cap is trying to operate within the borders of a country while simultaneously ignoring its laws.

Sometimes you HAVE to do that in the world of Marvel to prevent greater problems.

What happens if the beginning of Civil War was instead "Mmm sorry Cap but we don't want to piss off the Wakandan's in the next building by moving in and fighting Rumlow. You can't go in."

Then Crossbones gets away with a biological weapon scott free.

Great fucking job UN.
>>
>>82598885
That teenager specifically fought two against one, a literal super soldier trained to kill and fight hand to hand combat while crushing you with his robot hand. And a fucking secret SHIELD agent who's probably helped kill hundreds of paramilitary forces.

Point is Pete is fine and he obviously shaked it off.
>>
>>82599279
She was coerced to do neither. She was already set to destroy the Avengers before Ultron was ever created.
>>
>>82599306
>And a fucking secret SHIELD agent who's probably helped kill hundreds of paramilitary forces.
Who???
>>
>>82599306
YOU FIGHT A GIANT MAN AND WIN, YOU SHOULD FEEL PRETTY INVINCIBLE
>>
>>82598615
They threw grenades into the window first.

Reminder that Captain America only disobeyed orders in this movie when lives were on the line. First he went to help Bucky against orders because he was going to be killed. Then the only reason the airport fight happened was because he found out about the other Winter Soldiers and was going to stop them and Stark wouldn't let him explain himself.
>>
File: Ozy.jpg (9KB, 154x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ozy.jpg
9KB, 154x200px
>>82599305
>It's for the greater good
>>
>>82599295
>>82599322
touche, but back to the matter at hand, Tony and wanda should be the only ones detained. Cap may have infiltrated Wakanda but he did still stop the biological weapon from being stolen.
>>
>>82599329
He thinks Falcon was unknowingly working for SHIELD I guess.
>>
>>82598828
But from north korean opint of view it is right to have measure to stop superhero intevention.

There is almost the same situation in Agents of SHIELD first season.
There was episode where agents sent to south osetia to capture counter-missile weapon, made by separatists.
Noble goal indeed.
They succeed and captured it. And unwittingly gave it in the hands of Hydra.
>>
File: 1384901192842.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
1384901192842.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>82599392
>>
The entire conflict would have been resolved if Cap didnt get all pissy over Wanda being under house arrest. Tony was right, she wasnt a US citizen who was very unpopular at best and a war criminal WHO CAUSED ULTRON at worst.

But noooo shes just a kid.
>>
>>82599386
Safeguard laws exist so that you don't have to wait until someone accidentally destroys a city and the people are already dead to deal with it. You try to prevent that disaster from happening in the first place.

People aren't allowed to drive tanks around downtown UNTIL they kill somebody.
>>
>>82599378

You can toss "The greater good can cause problems too." around and you wouldn't even be wrong, but "Well we MIGHT cause some damage so we'd better just do nothing and hope it works out" will cause worse problems.

The world sucks (in Marvel even more so) and bad things happen. You can't change that, and even trying to stop the bad things ends with not everyone saved. But at the end of the day evil won't go away.
>>
you people don't get it. This movie is about the consequences of their actions. It doesn't matter that most of them aren't their fault, they did things and things are happening because if it. Tony owned up to his mistakes and faced them which is why hes more sympathetic than cap. Steve is just running away from what he did. he was right about bucky being framed but he still kept the truth from tony about his parents, and wanted to shield Wanda from the damage that she did, rather than face the consequences and deal with them.
>>
>>82599453
>WHO CAUSED ULTRON

That was Tony tho
>>
>>82599501
>Tony owned up to his mistakes and faced them which is why hes more sympathetic than cap

He pretty much spread the responsibility of Ultron onto everybody just because the guilt was eating him. Tony is a dick.
>>
>>82599501
>It doesn't matter that most of them aren't their fault,

What the goddamn fuck
>>
>>82599501

But what are Steve's mistakes? That in the course of stopping Crossbones from stealing a biological weapon to use on people Wanda wasn't quite powerful enough to stop his explosion from killing a few people?

That's tragic, but what the hell else could they do? Let him get away?
>>
>>82599501
Let's not forget the part of Hulk and Thor just fucking off and about nukes missing. Those two could end society if they felt like it and they are just off doing....?
>>
>>82599501
Some would argue, in fact the movie presents this exact argument, that the pursuit of what is fair, just, and right should ignore the threat of personal consequences.

I.E. It doesn't matter what happens to me, if I can do right by the many. Cap saw a downward spiral and pushed against it, making himself enemy and target.
>>
File: Banner Ruffalo.png (164KB, 354x252px) Image search: [Google]
Banner Ruffalo.png
164KB, 354x252px
The real solution is to have a Liason with the Avengers that the UN is willing to trust to report the methods and decision-making process the Avengers use, and to advise them when they are line-crossing what the world governments would accept.

Thus, they can respond quickly to emergencies and threats, but still have oversight. This person doesn't even have to have super-abilities or gadgets, tho an LMD would do fine.
>>
>>82599523
Who was brain fucked by Wanda.
>>
>>82599523
It's as much Wanda's fault as Tony's. Both were accidents, but her motive was spite. And Wanda is more responsible for Hulk's rampage in South Africa than anyone.
>>
>>82599556
If someone uses a grenade against you and you toss it away to save yourself and someone else dies as a result, it's your fault. Not the guy who, you know, used the grenade.
>>
>>82599564
Thor is a citizen of an alien civilization who happens to help out when we need him, have fun telling him he can or can't.

And I don't for one second think "Thunderbolt" Ross should be talking to ANYONE about losing track of Bruce Banner.
>>
>>82599501
What mistakes did Capt make?
How are you going to see on Wanda for what she did?

>Gee Wanda you did the best you could to stop Capt and everyone on the ground from dying, but your best wasn't good enough, time to get punished for it
>>
>>82599564
yeah, like UN law would hold those people. Thor wouldn't give a fuck, and the hulk can't die.

Not to mention detaining them for no crime other than just being powerful is a horrible idea and pretty unjust to them.
>>
>>82599586
The comics did that for a little while... I think that's what Henry Gyrich was, wasn't he?
>>
>>82599056
They where gone after the events of Winter Soldier
>>
>>82599564
It's almost like both of them are living things with thoughts and feelings, they have a right to privacy.

Comparing them to literal weapons is retarded.
>>
>>82599605
Sure but that doesn't change the fact that ids gonna scare the daylights out of governments and all the Avengers can do is shrug?
>>
File: Thor Hemsworth.jpg (121KB, 825x549px) Image search: [Google]
Thor Hemsworth.jpg
121KB, 825x549px
>>82599564
The Hulk running off is a problem that existed for years before the Avengers, and really isn't an Avenger problem.
Thor has been rampaging around the Universe for centuries before the Avengers formed. It's really kinda hard to track a teleporting immortal with God-powers. What would the UN possibly do in his case?
>>
>>82599160
>Giant lizard destroying the city? Hold on guys we have to get approval first

Yeah, meanwhile Cap was only able to beat dozens of their troops to Bucky by minutes. This isn't our UN we're talking about. These guys get shit done.
>>
>>82599593
tony was already having ptsd from the alien invasion, wanda just made him see the fear again and then it wore off.
>>
>>82599549
Just because they were reacting to bad guys, doesn't mean that they can escape the consequences of their actions. That's life

>>82599556
>Steve is just running away from what he did. he was right about bucky being framed but he still kept the truth from tony about his parents, and wanted to shield Wanda from the damage that she did
>>
>>82599564
>and about nukes missing

This is the most full-of-shit line in the entire movie. Losing the Hulk is the same as losing a nuke, and Ross would be held accountable if he lost a nuke?

Did no one remember that the hulk WAS Ross's nuke and he lost him? Without even bringing analogies into this, how can Ross talk shit about losing the Hulk when losing the Hulk was his ENTIRE CHARACTER before this movie?

And why are the other Avengers responsible for what the Hulk does? They don't own him and they aren't in charge of him. This goes double for Thor.
>>
>>82599646
and even under the SA, all they can do is shrug. Or do you just not get that?

They have no control over thor or hulk, under the law or not.
>>
>>82599639
How many blocks has hulk leveled?
>>82599654
Not the point, the point is that shit is scary and the Avengers just going "oh well" is bad pr.
>>
>>82599626
That's exactly what he is.
Unfortunetly, he not only hates all superheroes as a whole (when every twit who thinks he's clever goes "Why are mutants a problem when The Avengers exist?", he hates them just as much as he hates mutants), but he's also, on more than one occasion, almost crossed the line to legit supervillain.
>>
>>82599698
>How many blocks has hulk leveled?
How many lives has Hulk saved?
>>
>>82599676
>doesn't mean that they can escape the consequences of their actions. That's life

>Hurr You saved people but not EVERYONE
>YOU MONSTER

you're retarded and so are the people in the MCU. If a firefighter can't get to your mom in time should he go to jail? Are you that fucking stupid?
>>
>>82599596
>>82599593

She showed everyone visions m8 if that counts as brainfuck then the Avengers all would have been brainfucked
>>
>>82599610
If you kill people accidentally, the healthiest way to deal with it is face the problem, not pretend it didn't happen
>>
BvS Lex Luther >>>> Civil War Zemo

at least Jesse had a personality, Zemo was bland AF
>>
>>82599691
I'm pretty sure he just wants control over the avengers, and this was his excuse to do it.
>>
>>82599676
Actually international law allows you to get away with almost anything causing collateral damage if it's reasonable in scope. Why do you think Israel has been hiding behind Hamas's practice of putting targets in civilian areas for so long?
The only real issue here is that countries don't like extranational forces doing shit without their permission.
>>
>>82599691
>>82599696

Not saying they can control them but the part Cap says about "Agendas" is bunk. The MCU world has flipped on its head the past decade and people are rightly scared. As Widow said, at least have one hand on the wheel and steer trust back.
>>
>>82599737
They were all brainfucked.
>>
>>82599038
>>82599186

A couple of them were the same. One of the WSC guys from the Avengers that launched the nuke is outed as a member of Hydra on Agents of SHIT...if you care about that sort of thing. Jenny Agutter's character should still be alive too.
>>
>>82599739
At what point did she pretend it didn't happen?
She felt bad about it and felt regret, but she didn't do anything wrong. She didn't do something selfish or make a bad judgement call, she did the best she could in a shit situation.
>>
I wanna talk about the Ultron thing for a minute so bear with me.

Tony and Bruce sought to create an A.I. control system for a global defense mechanism that didn't exist yet. That's it, a smarter version of Jarvis to control automated defense system.

They let simulations of it run while they rested from busting their heads open for 3 days and when it was unattended it successfully created a sapient digital being.

This new life form grabbed up information as fast as it could to assert and identity and purpose and it's first choices when it came time to do anything was to kill everyone in front of his goal.

NOW.

This is a being of free will almost as of it's moment of creation and it starts of as a sociopath with unimaginable control over itself so as to move through systems it just encounters with relative ease. It didn't wait, stop, think about consequences, it was a sociopath with a goal.

NOW.

Does blame for this being's actions fall on the people who dabbled in creating something and having their idea go further than they'd ever imagined?

Because the second it went out of control the Avengers mobilized to solve the problem.

Some would argue they shouldn't have been trying to do what they did in the first place.

Others would say, that's the cost of scientific progress, an occasional fuck up.

What do you say? Sins of the son visited upon the father, or not?
>>
>>82599731
no, but the firefighter isnt a super hero. the movie is about unavoidable consequences, Tony deals with, Steve wants to pretend it never happened

>sorry Tony, I didnt want to tell you about what bucky did, it was me being selfish
>turn that off, Wanda shouldnt have to deal with what is the natural consequence of being a hero, that people sometimes die
>>
>>82599739
>kill people accidentally

all those people in the plaza were going to die if wanda did nothing. She may have failed but it's not something you really try to PR away.

They did their job and everyone's not going to get saved 100% of the time. If you don't arrest cops and firefighters for things like that, you damn well shouldn't harass the avengers.
>>
>>82599813
thats not my fucking point. it happened, its not her fault but it happened and things are happening because of it. you can face it or run away, guess which one is better
>>
>>82599778
>Not saying they can control them but the part Cap says about "Agendas" is bunk.

No it isn't. All it takes is for some country alliance to deny the avengers to save people and their hands are legally tied. Cap doesn't want that.
>>
>>82599793
Cap clearly wasn't. Thor was confused but clearly not brainfucked. Widow just got mopey but she was fine.

Stark just a bitch is all
>>
>>82599808
I'd say Tony, Wanda and Bruce are responsible for varying degrees of negligence, but obviously they shouldn't be treated as if they committed Ultron's crimes directly.
>>
File: O0M0psA.jpg (109KB, 1235x763px) Image search: [Google]
O0M0psA.jpg
109KB, 1235x763px
So, Spiderman had webs because he was smart and he made them, but it seemed like he had other powers too, and it seemed like he had them even before Tony made him a better suit. So my question, where did he get those powers? Why did he have them. The movie never explains it. PLOT HOLE.
>>
>>82599813
No one was going to arrest Wanda, they kept her there to avoid conflict with say...Paparazzi or Mobs.

Having her suit up again would have done what?
>>
>>82599864
It most definitely shook them up for a while. They're clearly disturbed by it well after they get to Clint's farm.
>>
>>82599876
I might have forgotten something in the movie, but do they ever explain how Tony figured out that Peter Parker was Spiderman?

And what was his justification for bringing some teenager to go fight in a deathmatch with other supermen?
>>
>>82599864
Tony had PTSD from New York and the events of 3. Dude was not smiles and sunshine by Ultron
>>
>>82599808
Stark was in too much of a rush to create Ultron and wasn't careful enough.

Also how hard is it to store an unknown AI on a computer that isn't plugged into the internet? Do that and Ultron would have nowhere to go.
>>
>>82599921
He can catch SUVs and has produced an incredible non-violent tool to disable his opponents.
>>
>>82598400
they put bucky on ice and began working on fixing his brain and caught the real bomber, when the alternative was him being killed on sight with no questions asked
>>
>>82599928
Probably had a drone follow spidey home . Also the fight was not a deathmatch nearly eveyone was pulling punches.
>>
>>82599876
Everyone in the world knows he was bit by a spider, no need to spell it out
>>
>>82599939
I don't think that's a valid excuse to bring an underage kid halfway around the world to fight literal terrorists without even parental consent
>>
>>82599811
>no, but the firefighter isnt a super hero

You're a fucking retard.

>sorry Tony, I didnt want to tell you about what bucky did, it was me being selfish
That's true. But not really relevant to what we're discussing. We're discussing how somehow the avengers are held responsible for casualties they could not have prevented.

>turn that off, Wanda shouldnt have to deal with what is the natural consequence of being a hero, that people sometimes die

Yeah man. Let's replay every death of a person you couldn't save, it's not like it's not already burned into the back of your mind or anything.

That's why cap wanted the video turned off, they got the point, people died. It's still not their fault, you can't save everyone. and being a "superhero" doesn't put them in some special standard.

>>82599855
how'd she run away exactly? You want her to have a press conference over which area was better to throw a bomb person? Say she's sorry?

Please. By all means, tell me what's the best way to PR casualties of a bomb blast? Tony didn't even PR ultron, why should Wanda?
>>
>>82598477

Yeah because she was dangerous and then she threw Vision throught like 20 stories, probably hurting people.
>>
>>82599928
It looked to me like Ultron's first actions were all directly infiltrating every system near him.

if you're using your biggest computer to make something big in a hurry... It's probably not air-gapped from the other systems in your lab.

But I'd MUCH rather blame it on Whedon not knowing anything about computer science.
>>
File: spidey yesaas.png (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spidey yesaas.png
360KB, 500x500px
>>82598160
You are absolutely right anon
>>
>>82598160
>Guys, beauracracy will prevent us from going where we need to be when we need to be there, and last time we listened to people they turned out to be literally hitler.
>Guys, some dude is gonna get his hands on 5 super soldiers who can literally fuck everything over, we need to stop them.
>Guys, seriously, the whole world is in danger, just listen and let us go stop him.
>Tony, bucky was literally mind controller for decades. You are smart enough to know this.
>Tony
>Tony stahp
>>
>>82598477
Honestly I think she's strong enough to break out of that prison herself.
>>
>>82599973
Of course you don't. But that ain't what you asked. What's TONY'S justification.

Peter's got a good heart, a great skillset and fucking amazing superpowers. So bring him to make up for the fact you're fighting the toughest guy you know.
>>
File: 1410606587237.jpg (39KB, 514x540px) Image search: [Google]
1410606587237.jpg
39KB, 514x540px
>>82599973
>without even parental consent
>parental consent
>Spiderman
>parental consent
>>
>>82599995
A lot of that was just ground, actually.
>>
>>82600009

>if you're using your biggest computer to make something big in a hurry... It's probably not air-gapped from the other systems in your lab.

If you're worling on AI that could potentially be hostile (and let's be real, no one knows for sure if superintelligent AI would be) why take that risk?
>>
File: 1460256795329.png (296KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460256795329.png
296KB, 749x720px
>>82600042
You know exactly what I meant

>>82600038
That's pretty hypocritical of him, considering he's fighting on the side of law, regulation, and accountaibility
>>
>>82600033
>Guys, beauracracy will prevent us from going where we need to be when we need to be there, and last time we listened to people they turned out to be literally hitler.
You mean Cap wants the Avengers to have the right to ignore all normal laws in the name of saving lives? To become exactly what he fought against in TWS?
>>
>>82598539
The Russos did a better job than the writers at Marvel did during the print version of Marvel Civil War To be fair, they did have the print-run train-wreck as a cautionary example.
>>
>>82600056
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-experimentation_in_medicine

BECAUSE RISK IS ALWAYS A PART OF SCIENCE!
>>
>>82600077
> To become exactly what he fought against in TWS?

Uh, those guys had the goal of killing over 20 million people and their stated purpose was to rule over humanity with an iron fist

so, no. Quite the opposite really
>>
>Government blamed the avengers for the alien invasion damaging new york when they wanted to nuke it
Bullshit

>Government chastises the avengers for stopping the shield/hydra helicarriers
Bullshit and whoever pushed this clearly works for hydra.

>Government blames the avengers for ultron
Totally fair, but, this is really on Tony.
>>
>>82600077
Nah man we should totally be allowed to chill in the USA and do what we want and let other people clean up after us!

At least the JLA operated in outer fuvking orbit
>>
>>82600077
That's literally what they were doing before and they came out ahead every time except the one time tony made a killer AI like an idiot.

Also, the group they fought against in TWS wanted mass decimation of the population and world domination, so, no that's not quite the same thing.
>>
>>82600042
A teenager endangering his own life without telling his aunt is one thing, a grown adult endangering the life of said teenager without telling his aunt (especially while he's advocating more secure superhero supervision) is another.
>>
>>82600126
It wasn't "blame you for these events" it's nations want accountability for the collateral damage.
>>
>>82599986
>how'd she run away exactly

shes not doing the running, cap just seems to think that because its not her fault, she, or anyone, doesn't have to deal with the fallout

Tony is working on solutions. he made the biggest fuck up making Ultron, he realises that he isnt infallible. What does cap do? look for a conspiracy.

>But not really relevant to what we're discussing. We're discussing how somehow the avengers are held responsible for casualties they could not have prevented.

bucky couldn't have prevented Tony's parents murders, but Steve should have told Tony in the months of time they have had to deal with it rationally, rather then put it off until someone uses against them.
>>
>>82600077
With shield that was literally spying on people and eliminating potential threats without the right of trial.

All Steve wants to do is be able to go any where and help anyone without any policies getting in the way.
>>
File: Baron Zemo.jpg (108KB, 892x1266px) Image search: [Google]
Baron Zemo.jpg
108KB, 892x1266px
>"I admire you, Captain. All these disgusting, small-minded beurocrats, busy squabbling with each other like rats over scraps...They don't see things like you or I. They can't see what needs to be done. They must learn to accept our greater judgement, and let us mold them into a brighter, greater future!"
>>
>Govoernment blames them for the wakandan delegates dying
>Ignores that they stopped guys from stealing a major biological weapon
>Ignores that the deaths were caused by a dude using a crazy hi tech suicide vest and that it was either in the air or in the bazaar where way more people would die.

Yeah, fuck that.
>>
>>82600178
Which stamps on the rights of sovereign governments.
>>
>>82598297
>so that Cap would appear to be right
Millar wrote the comic with the intention of Tony being portrayed as right.
>>
>>82600172
They directly presented every event and all damage accrued as being their responsibility. Multiple times.

Hell, nobody even examined why the shit in africa happened. They just pointed fingers at the avengers.
>>
>>82598398
>apparently saves the day also gets a lot of innocent people flattened by buildings.

this happens in the real world as well the only difference is that because cops/military/etc are part of the system, they can somehow just write it off as "they did all they could".

Or was SHIELD/World Security Council wanting to glass NY during the first invasion a more acceptable alternative for you because it was under the authority of politicians?

This was just a play at getting the most powerful force for good under the control of politicians.

It's a long shot, but if anything, the right call would have been to have the Avengers declare themselves a sovereign nation and apply for membership in the UN. That way, they can act autonomously and deal with the political aftermath afterwards, just like every other nation that just decides to start a war and gets a slap on the wrist these days
>>
>>82600158
>That's literally what they were doing before and they came out ahead every time except the one time tony made a killer AI like an idiot.
"Whoops. Sure, we destroyed an entire country, but it's just this one time. We swear."
>>
ALSO was it just me, or was the whole Hydra Hellicarrier Hootenanny a really contained looking event?

Yeah they exploded a lot and crashed into each other and the triskelion... But from what I saw they barely got a mile away from the giant super secret underwater hanger. It LOOKED pretty contained for the most part.

So who's the fuckwits standing close enough to see the giant fucking battleships blowing each other up and not running the hell away?

Civilians in the Triskelion? Probably shot by Hydra Goons anyway... So... What's the deal here?
>>
>>82600175
>look for a conspiracy.
To be fair, there was a conspiracy. Steve was right and Tony was just being played and causing more problems, again.
>>
>>82600209
then editorial interfered because that's not what he ended up writing
>>
>>82600226
>Tony's killer ai wrecks a city
>This is equivalent to the avengers actively and purposely trying to take over the world and kill millions of people

You aren't good at this.
>>
>>82599973
>imposing real world logic on a world full of literal magic and metahumans and aliens

Listen, the rules governing the treatment of minors are going to be a little different when the minors in question are Spiderman and various X-Men and shit. Taking Spiderman into a superhero fight where everyone is fighting intentionally non-lethally in their world is basically like asking your 16 year old to watch the house for a weekend in our world.
>>
>>82600232
Steve was being played just as much. Zemo never intended to use the super soldiers, and gave Cap a false sense of urgency so that he wouldn't take things through the slow UN path.
>>
>>82600175
>What does cap do? look for a conspiracy

No he didn't. The first time he disobeys orders is to save Bucky from the hit squad. The second time he did so was when he found out about the other Winter Soldiers and Tony's crew didn't believe him/wouldn't let him go stop them.

>what if they send us somewhere we shouldn't go?

Just like they sent a hit squad to kill Bucky

>what if we need to go somewhere and they won't let us

Zemo and the other winter soldiers.

Both of Cap's worst case scenarios come true within the first week of the Accords. He was right to do whatbhe did.
>>
>>82598160
IS this the first fucking movie where the hero it's named after is actually it's antagonist?
>>
>>82600209
By sending out Super Secret Supervillain Search and Squash Squads?

Or the Super-Dimension Prison Alpha Sigma Tango?

Or maybe the Thor-Borg?

Because I was waiting to see him take off the helmet and OH SHIT IT'S A SKRULL/DOCTOR DOOM!
>>
>>82600256
I'm saying the Avengers aren't infallible - They have made city-destroying mistakes, and giving them supreme authority to make any judgement call they deem necessary is fucking insane.
>>
>>82600175
>shes not doing the running, cap just seems to think that because its not her fault, she, or anyone, doesn't have to deal with the fallout

What the fuck are you talking about? All he did was ask for the video to be shut off. She knows what happened, there's no reason to constantly drive home something that already CLEARLY GOT TO HER.

Imagine in a firefighter briefing:
>HEY JEFF, REMEMBER THAT KID WHO BURNED TO DEATH YESTERDAY YOU COULDN'T GET TO?
>HERE'S A CLIP, JUST IN CASE HIS SCREAMS WEREN'T BURNED IN YOUR MEMORY

>Tony is working on solutions

I missed the part where he dealt with the direct fallout of Ultron.

>What does cap do? look for a conspiracy.
You're fucking retarded.

>bucky couldn't have prevented Tony's parents murders, but Steve should have told Tony in the months of time they have had to deal with it rationally

There's no way to deal with that information rationally, are you an autist? There's no right way to tell someone they killed YOUR PARENTS
>>
>>82598419
this is not true at all, because ross who was in charge of keeping the avengers in check is actually a huge piece of shit who hates supers not in his complete control.

if you paid attention to hulk or paid attention to the subtle details that he was ready to imprison them and didn't really mind killing them off.

so no giving up would actually just fuck them further. if it wasn't for cap's rebellion they would have all been dead or in prison.
>>
>>82600232
What? Steve danced to Zemos tune 100 percent.
>>
>>82600265
>Steve was being played just as much.
Everybody got played, but steve didn't fall in to this to nearly the degree tony did. Tony literally couldn't even be bothered to listen to anything anybody said about him possibly being wrong until a literal corpse showed up.
>>
>>82600295
... They don't stop being human beings with personal values and ideas because someone's in charge of them.
>>
File: id.png (2MB, 979x1180px) Image search: [Google]
id.png
2MB, 979x1180px
>>82600243
No, that's what he ended up writing. Just from Millar's perspective.
>>
File: 1229477459081.jpg (394KB, 1003x1610px) Image search: [Google]
1229477459081.jpg
394KB, 1003x1610px
>>
>>82600295
You didn't say they aren't infallible, you said they are literally doing what the people they fought against in winter soldier did. This is a vastly different set of arguments.

Also, the guy who made a city destroying mistake, who did it unilaterally, left the team.
>>
File: 1229482607936.jpg (197KB, 1005x1580px) Image search: [Google]
1229482607936.jpg
197KB, 1005x1580px
>>82600340
>>
>>82600306
>Ross who was in charge of keeping the avengers in check
He's not. It's a panel of over 100 UN delegates.
>>
File: 1229482828878.jpg (215KB, 1009x1613px) Image search: [Google]
1229482828878.jpg
215KB, 1009x1613px
>>82600352
>>
File: jz8ndk.jpg (219KB, 1023x1599px) Image search: [Google]
jz8ndk.jpg
219KB, 1023x1599px
>>82600279
Mark Millar's definition of heroism was pretty warped up until relatively recently.
>>
File: 1229483123307.jpg (249KB, 1016x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1229483123307.jpg
249KB, 1016x1527px
>>82600370
>>
>>82600326
Yes, but they are blocked from making potentially disastrous mistakes.

>>82600349
It's the same in that Steve is going full fascist, trampling over any laws he thinks he should in the name of protecting people.
>>
>>82600387
Vigilante action does not equal fascism.
>>
>>82600387
That's... Well you can't ACTUALLY block people from making mistakes... Without shock collars of some kind.
>>
>>82598160
Cap was right.
>Implying the UN could actaully keep Superheroes under control, if said supers went "nah fuck this"

The fact is that you are turning people into unaccountable weapons. If there was actaul evidence of the Avengers being reckless on purpse - then maybe.
But no.
>>
>>82599654
throw soldiers at him causing mass destruction of their own.

pretty much the accords where retarded. because 1. they slow the mobilization and investigation of super crime to a crawl by vote of committee at best at worst thunderbolt ross hit squad .
2. their resolution to punishing them is to try to kill them by causing more damage than avengers do and risking more lives than the avengers.

it's hilarious when people take tony's side and swear that the military would do a better less destructive job than the avengers at solving shit. also saying they could just nuke thanos and win. i hope i'm being trolled by these anons.
>>
File: 1195652799974.jpg (540KB, 1200x1860px) Image search: [Google]
1195652799974.jpg
540KB, 1200x1860px
>>82600379
Page is meant to mirror this one.
>>
>>82600387
the only law steve is breaking is stepping over imaginary lines created by assholes
>>
>>82600401
Leading your own private global superpower with no limitation on authority is.
>>
>>82600387
You understand that you are making this argument when the actual last group of people who tried to control this stuff turned out to be supervillains, right?

And government oversight doesn't prevent anyone from making mistakes, they even talked about that in the movie, how it just politicizes their actions and can lead to inaction at the wrong time.
>>
>>82600387
That's not what fascism is. Fascism would be the guys making unjust laws.

And trampling unjust laws is the duty of every good American. It's what Edward Snowden did, it's what Harriet Tubman did, and it's what the nation's founders did.
>>
>>82600435
Instigating fights with terrorists without any legal authority is also super illegal.
>>
>>82600448
You don't really understand what fascism is.

Is superman a fascist to you?

Your definition of fascism covers pretty much every super hero or team, though they govern and force their will on no one.
>>
>>82600466
that's what Tony did, not Steve. Steve prevented a robbery
>>
>>82600319

Everyone danced to Zemo's tune because what he wanted was so crazy nobody could consider it.

Steve danced less though because he at least noticed something was wrong, while Tony and Ross were oblivious until Zemo deliberately left evidence. And even then Ross wanted to ignore it.
>>
>>82600466
>Instigating fights with terrorists
Hydra kinda started it, like, all the time.
>>
>>82600387
>>82600448
>muh fascism
No you moron
>>
>>82600191
This anon gets it.
>>
>>82600451
TWS happened because SHIELD had way too much power. Giving the Avengers total authority would be repeating the same mistake.

The Accords are about limiting power. If the Avengers don't like an order the UN gives them, they're free to walk away.
>>
>>82600510

But what happens when there's a threat the UN doesn't want to deal with because it's poltically inconvineint and the Avengers can't act because of the UN?

Then nothing gets done and the bad guys are unopposed.

And it happens in this very film because Zemo subverts the UN at every turn and they're completely oblvious to him and refuse to believe Cap and Tony's own evidence.
>>
>>82600470
If Superman started ignoring international law to enforce what he deemed justice, like he does in many AUs, he would be fascist. Superman works together with global governments. He doesn't tell them to STFU.

>>82600498
In the opening of AoU it was definitely the Avengers who were invading.
>>
>>82600207
yeah well honestly fuck them. they lack the power and knowledge to fix the things the avengers fix.

they're not dealing with normal warfare or small drug dealers, they're dealing with very specific world ending situations and eradicating a terrorist organization with no actual nation of loyalty.
>>
>>82600510
>TWS happened because SHIELD had way too much power.

No, it happened because they were using their power to spy on everyone on earth and kill anyone their algorithm said would present a problem to the new world order.

>The Accords are about limiting power.

Wrong again; the Accords just shift power into the hands of men like Ross.
>>
>>82600379
>two exclamation points!!
>two question marks??
Is this writer a high-school girl?
>>
>>82600549
That's the downside of checks and balances. The alternative is trusting someone to have supreme authority and be infallible, which is a very dangerous idea.
>>
>>82600569
The dialog didn't tip you off genius?
>>
daily reminder that when scarlet witch made all the avengers see there worst nightmare in AoU, Tony seeing the world invaded etc, remember what Cap saw? Everybody dancing and celebrating, and Peggy saying "It's over Steve, the wars over."

Cap can't help but fight, he thrives off it, which is a good thing and a bad thing
>>
>>82600568
The same Ross who, let's not forget, endorsed the creation of Abomination. The last time he was involved in policing superhumans, Harlem was almost leveled.
>>
best case scenario "there was a bunch of collateral damage and casualties like always, but our consciences are clear because it was the UN's fault for sending us there"

worst case "The UN wouldn't let us go to help and a bunch of people died"

super worst case "The UN is secretly Hydra and made us destroy America"
>>
>>82600568
>No, it happened because they were using their power to spy on everyone on earth and kill anyone their algorithm said would present a problem to the new world order.
Which was only possible because guys like Nick Fury felt SHIELD should be allowed to have that authority, for the greater good.

>Wrong again; the Accords just shift power into the hands of men like Ross.
No, it doesn't for reasons I said in that post.
>>
>>82600589
The Avengers never had supreme infallible authority though. The fact that people keep challenging them throughout the movie is proof of this.
>>
>>82600607
No he fucking didn't. Abomination was created by Leaderand Blonsky. Ross just gave him an inferior version of the SS formula.
>>
>>82600625
>they're free to walk away

Wanda wasn't.
>>
>>82598160
FUCK THE POLICE
>>
>>82600643
They did between the end of TWS and the passing of the Accords. They completely ignored all kinds of international laws with no consequences.
>>
>>82600607
As Tony was kind of showing, even if Ross is technically in charge he can work around him as he likes to some degree, and they could fix up parts of the accord that weren't quite right too probably, his first concern was keeping Wanda and such out of the Raft as he basically kept hinting at throughout their talks.
>>
>>82600359
he was not only in charge of arresting them if they got out of hand but he was also the representing party to the u.n. delegates.

lets not forget that ross has an agenda of his own. he's not just some good soldier. he should be in jail. he's more responsible for hulks rampages than the hulk, and he created abomination.
>>
>>82600671
Ignoring laws isn't the same as having supreme authority. I ignore laws all the time.
>>
>>82600510
>>82600510
>Giving the Avengers total authority
They didn't have total authority. What countries are they running? What people are they enforcing their own laws on? Your entire argument is built on some imagination that the avengers are practically taking over the world.
>>
File: Storm Super.png (1MB, 1477x957px) Image search: [Google]
Storm Super.png
1MB, 1477x957px
>It's run by people with agendas, and agendas change
>What if the panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us?

These 2 points by Cap is what sold me to his side.
>>
>>82600552
... After Hydra attempted to take over the world and kill millions of people with the zola algorythm?
>>
>>82600704
>steve, we need to be accountable to someone
>but tony, what if we don't want to be held accountable?
gee good argument there steve
>>
>>82598160
Civil War actually had a balanced argument without either character becoming literally Hitler. MCU has officially overcome comics, print is dead, praise Disney.
>>
>>82600552
Again, what you describe is vigilanteism. Not Fascism. You should learn the difference.
>>
>>82600687
The governments of the world letting you ignore laws without consequence is giving you supreme authority.
>>
>>82600552
So you're saying that if Brainiac set up shop in, say, France, Superman just wouldn't do anything about it?
>>
>>82600678
>and he created abomination
Why do people keep claiming this?

>>82600652
>>
>>82600721
Not him, but I think you are just shitposting at this point.

The difference between breaking the law and having SUPREME AUTHORITY is so huge that I can't imagine people not understanding the difference.
>>
>>82600715
this was never implied.
>>
>>82600709
They hunted down a Hydra cell and started a fight with them, causing collateral damage in the process.
>>
File: 1441774866494.jpg (71KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441774866494.jpg
71KB, 582x600px
The most unbelievable part of the entire movie is that anyone believed for 1 second that the United Nation had any power or was in any way credible.
>>
>>82600742
Ross literally hopped the guy up on serum and knowing the shit had bad side effects on mental health.

He's directly responsible for abomination.
>>
>>82600433
so he knew it was going to happen and he still lead the the war on, and he still fucked up and got Goliath killed? what a smart guy a true futurist
>>
>>82600729
I'm saying if a country told him to stay out, he'd listen.
>>
>>82600764
... In the woods where there were only hydra people?

Also, by your definition, the US attacking taliban groups after 9/11 was the US picking a fight.

By your definition, the US attacking Japan after pearl harbor was picking a fight.
>>
>>82598933
>Ultron was definitely his fault, but he admitted it.
He admits it in private conversation with Steve. It's very clear the world doesn't know who created Ultron.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>82600765

Their meetings seem like a blast
>>
>>82600771
>knowing the shit had bad side effects on mental health
Did it? Blonsky seemed aggressive and power hungry long before he ever took the serum.
>>
>>82600721
No, not really. As long as there's an understanding that it's conditional, which there always sort of was.

For an in-universe example, consider Daredevil and the Punisher. Daredevil is an outlaw but as long as he helps the cops put away violent criminals, without being judge, jury and executioner himself, they tolerate him. Punisher is not tolerated because he goes too far. And yet no one would make the argument that Daredevil has supreme power because he is allowed to break the law. There's always the implicit, and even sometimes explicit understanding that the police would stop tolerating him if he became a problem.
>>
File: 1457291468356.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1457291468356.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>Boo hoo, my son died.

Did black mom know the alternative was that the entire human race would have gone extinct?
>>
File: 1414301906511.png (246KB, 456x372px) Image search: [Google]
1414301906511.png
246KB, 456x372px
>>82600784
no he wouldn't
>>
>>82600788
>... In the woods where there were only hydra people?
They make a point of showing that a nearby city full of civilians gets caught in the crossfire.
>>
File: 1450155557208.jpg (503KB, 834x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1450155557208.jpg
503KB, 834x1534px
>>82600715

Do you have trouble with reading comprehension? That was nowhere near what Cap said in the 2 points anon mentioned.

Also, what good would "being accountable" do anyway? Let's say they were registered when AoU happened. Zemo's family would still be dead, as well as other people.

It's not as if they're gonna jail Cap or any of the Avengers by causing collateral damage. What are they gonna do, fire Iron Man for causing destruction using the Hulkbuster? What exactly does "being accountable" mean in any way other than someone saying "this is your fault", which they all know by now anyway?
>>
>>82600589

Which might make sense in our world, but in a world of alien invasions supervillains, and killer robots it's what you need to save more lives than just letting the governments deal with it.

Which will be Infinity War because Thanos is gonna show up, start blowing shit up and laughing at the puny humans thinking they matter to him, while the Avengers are mismanaged and ineffective because the UN can't wrap their brains around an alien with godlike powers that just does not give a fuck about their planet at all, and they'll realize bad shit is gonna happen wether they like it or not and whether superheroes are there or not and will knock all that accords nonense off like in the comics verse of Civil War.
>>
>>82600466
he's preventing a terrorist act from occurring. it's not "instigating a fight with terrorist"

if someone tries to take over a plane and you stop them by beating them and subduing them you don't throw that person in jail you praise him as a hero who did his civic responsibility of protecting his fellow citizens/civilians.

no one ever stopped a crime and then people told him what's your problem they only want to kill us, let them, you're instigating conflict.
>>
>>82600807
Tony (and Wanda) were totally responsible for the disaster they were trying to stop.
>>
>>82600817
thank you. All it does is give the UN and people like Ross the power they want. They want to use the Avengers like their own task force and are using these catastrophes as an excuse.

Why else would ross lock the avengers up in a cell in the middle of the ocean? It's all about control.
>>
>>82600797
I'm pretty sure in the movie they talked about the serum having potential side effects and being risky as shit, and it literally started driving him further off the deep end AND physically mutating him and Ross never made any effort to have him examined for possible side effects despite continuing to give him treatments. It's on him.
>>
>>82600843

But mostly Tony. Wanda is basically a dumb, traumatized child. Tony's desire to create Ultron and "a suit of armor around the world" was in him all along.
>>
>>82600817
being accountable would mean that they'd have to get permission from world governments before designing a homicidally insane omnipotent AI monster to be used as a global defense system. They would never have even had to be in Sokovia.
>>
>>82600784
no he wouldn't, but also why would any country say
>no we got this
>>
>>82600843
the black woman didn't know that though
>>
>>82600824
>Which might make sense in our world, but in a world of alien invasions supervillains, and killer robots it's what you need to save more lives than just letting the governments deal with it.
So, like, if a city suddenly had unprecedented amounts of crime to deal with, should cops have their restrictions removed and be allowed to apply any force they deem necessary?
>>
>>82600764
If they had gone through the proper channels and had politicians giving them orders, there would still be collateral damage. The blame for it would just be pushed on the suits that sent the Avengers there, instead of only on the Avengers themselves.

The whole idea's only benefits to make Tony feel a little less bad by being able to tell himself, "It's not my fault that kid died, I was just following orders"
>>
>>82600764
>>82600815

Actually from the dialog in the movie (not verbatim)

>Strucker: whobgave the command to open fire?
>Henchman: the perimwter guard panicked

Later at the party
>Cap: I'd have invited you if I knew it was going to be a firefight (talking to Falcon)

In other words Hydra opened fire first.
>>
>>82600266
Yeah but you're missing the whole movie, unavoidable consequences. Steve refuses to move and becomes an outlaw because of it. If he had behaved like an adult maybe he could have prevented the clusterfuck.

I mean, theres a fuck ton of bad blood between the avengers and the families of the dead. Surely steve would have been the first to initiate some kind of reconciliation instead of running off

>>82600302
Fuck off the the fire fighter analogy, it doesn't work.

>There's no way to deal with that information rationally, are you an autist? There's no right way to tell someone they killed YOUR PARENTS

Steve knew the whole fucking time, before this movie even started. Let me put this in simple terms: telling tony about bucky in the periods where they were doing nothing and allowing him time to process it and deal with it is good. Letting him find out after a long stressful crisis in which bucky goes winter soldier and steve looks like he's going rogue is bad.

>I missed the part where he dealt with the direct fallout of Ultron.

Oh i see, you didn't actually watch the second avengers
>>
>>82600815
That's right, but, again, was the US picking a fight by going after people who attacked the US?

Cause that's your argument. That after one attack or action a group becomes COMPLETELY absolved of any wrongdoing for it and the status resets to zero.
>>
>>82600834
The HYDRA guys in Sokovia were not about to do anything. They had in the past and almost certainly would have down the line, but they weren't stopping any immediate threat in progress. It was a paramilitary invasion.
>>
>>82600796
kek
>>
>>82600807

Only this kind of situation happens all the time. People don't often see the bigger picture, this is real life talking. I mean don't get me wrong, it's not like she was the only one who lost a son, she was just one of the few ( I doubt she was the first or the last ) to say something about it to his face.
>>
>>82600876
>being accountable would mean that they'd have to get permission from world governments before designing a homicidally insane omnipotent AI monster to be used as a global defense system

Did the Accords specifically ban AI research? Because that was never mentioned at all. Tony Stark fucking around with AI has nothing to do with him flying around in a suit.
>>
File: 1429527994160.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1429527994160.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>prince's father dies, throwing country into chaos
>he decides to faff about for weeks personally hunting down his dad's killer instead of doing his job as the leader of a nation
>the only argument steve can come up with against submitting to UN oversight is "what if there's something we want to do that they won't let us do?"
>movie treats tony and the government figures like they're wrong despite every single scene showing how right they are, probably most clearly when the bucky chase results in countless police and civilian injuries
>the ostensible main plot is some nobody trying to get the avengers to fight each other because his wife died and could have been dropped from the movie entirely
>the resolution to bucky killing all those people is just "stick him back in the fridge so we don't have to deal with this" despite him being the most interesting guy in the movie
>spiderman is in the movie for some reason
>the movie chickens out of answering its own questions about unrestricted power and vigilanteism
>captain america is in maybe 30% of the captain america movie
>steve can now pull helicopters out of the sky
>ant man doesn't become proportionally weaker when growing
>hawkeye is still a real character in these movies guys, didn't you see all his screentime in ultron? guys?
>all this angst about dead relatives and wanda doesn't even think about her recently deceased sibling once
>don cheadle drew the short straw for which C-lister got taken out of the roster
>>
>>82600907
>The HYDRA guys in Sokovia were not about to do anything.
Weren't they actively utilizing an alien staff to help create super powered soldiers to fight with them, while existing as part of a terrorist group that actively attempted to slaughter millions of people worldwide?
>>
>>82598419
realize though, if Steve had talked it out and then the whole everyone had level minds and all proceeded to Siberia together, it might have been a bloodbath when Tony lost his shit.

Imagine there and then, Tony is now going lethal. That would force people to pick sides there-and-then and then it would have been the airport fight all over again but much, much bloodier.

I mean, the airport fight wouldn't have happened but it would have happened there.

(Unless everyone remained level-headed and teamed up to restrain Tony. Hmm...that might be a plausible resolution. Vision, Wanda and Clint would probably see that Bucky was under mind control (him experiencing similar from Ultron/Loki) and just stop Tony cold.

Ah great. So yeah, Steve should've come clean. But then again, if the team were to stick to the accords, they'd be begging Ross to allow them to go to Siberia. Back to square one.
>>
>>82600882

Either that or you call the army in.

But yes, if the situation is esclating to where people are dying in droves and the system isn't working you don't just let those people die and shrug while saying "Well it sucks that all these people are dying but better than than risk anyone getting too powerful."

With the idea that things will go back to normal once crime stablizes. In Marvel though that won't happen because there will always be super villains somewhere.
>>
Superheroes needing to have their every move be controlled by politicians and bureaucracy would be really fucking boring.
>>
>>82600897
>That's right, but, again, was the US picking a fight by going after people who attacked the US?
It would be the US starting that particular battle, yes, even if they didn't start the larger war. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were definitely on the US, justified or not.
>>
>>82600928
>>don cheadle drew the short straw for which C-lister got taken out of the roster

Considering Rhodey is far and away the most bland and boring character in the MCU is it any big loss?
>>
>>82600882
>should cops have their restrictions removed and be allowed to apply any force they deem necessary?

The Avengers don't apply any force they deem necessary, shit in the fucking movie they show more restraint than the cops who were sent to """""""""""""detain""""""""""""" Bucky
>>
>>82600907
You understand that hydra is a unified and organized group and that they pretty much all work and contribute to the same goal, right?

>Well, the Hydra guys over THERE tried to take over the world with the zola thing, but the hydra guys over HERE were just chilling and watching friends, so clearly they have no connection to that.
>>
>>82600935
They were doing research for that, but there was no immediate threat.

It's the difference between attacking a bank robber who's in the bank with his gun, and attacking a guy who is planning to rob a bank while he's still in his house planning it out.
>>
>>82600868
ross was his superior and directly responsible for drawing out hulk several times in public places full of civilians. he is responsible for hulk rampages as he caused the hulk to emerge and he endangered lives of his soldiers and innocents. again more so than the hulk.

he also directly knew there was some side effects and didn't do his due diligence in testing out of the field/screening blonskey better.

he was going to kill an innocent man and again was willing to do so without proof of a crime in this movie.
ross is a shit general that has escaped going to a prison by blaming EVERYTHING on the hulk. including his personal failures as a father

that's the man who they wanted to keep the avengers in check and pushed along with the un for the accords.
>>
>>82600893
>If he had behaved like an adult maybe he could have prevented the clusterfuck.

If he had behaved like you say, Bucky would be dead and then it would probably not be hard for Zemo to change up and use Bucky's death to drive a wedge between Cap and the rest of the team instead.
>>
>>82600764

Hydra is literally a death cult, m8. If you're in Hydra you support mass genocide. It's basically in their handbook. Red Skull's plan in Cap 1 boiled down to killing everyone in the United States and Pierce wanted to wipe out 20 million people in the blink of an eye. Even if they're not actively attacking something they're still a bunch of blood addled lunatics.
>>
>>82600969
Okay, so in your eyes, if you get attacked by somebody in a major way, and EVER retaliate, you are picking the fight and are responsible for it?

Waitaminute, you are literally arguing zero tolerance school policy as applied to ALL problems everywhere.

>It doesn't matter if they hit you, if you hit back you are responsible.

Good lord, it's a bad idea there it's a bad idea everywhere.
>>
>>82600974
>The Avengers don't apply any force they deem necessary
They do exactly that. They have no one telling them what they can and can't do until the Accords are passed.
>>
>>82599646

Maybe the governments will just have to deal with the fact that the universe is alot bigger than they thought and earth politics aren't the most important thing ever.

What else can the Avengers do but shrug. And say "Sorry, but plenty of other races exist that are much more powerful than humanity." That's life. They'll have to deal with it.
>>
>>82600928

I was enjoying the movie so much I didn't have time to get mad about this, but now I am. Why in the fuck is this not touched upon.
>>
>>82601031

And by that I mean Quickass not getting a mention aside from a passing "I owe her" from Clint referring to Wanda.
>>
>>82600996
>no immediate threat.

Wut? They LITERALLY just tried to kill millions of people with a computer navigated trio of hell raining monstrocities from the sky.

Also, your analogy is fucked. It's more like attacking a guy who actively has been robbing banks.

Your analogy presumes that the hydra people in sokovia have zero connection to what hydra does and are completely innocent.
>>
>>82601017
I'm making a difference between individual battles and larger wars.

I never said that retaliation was never justified. Just that anything that goes wrong in a premeditated retaliation is on the retaliator.
>>
>>82600937
At the airport Steve tried to tell Tony about the Winter Soldiers and Tony shut him up. Just like he shut him up when Cap was opposed to creating Vision. Cap tries to talk and Tony never listens.
>>
>>82600882
ummmm yeah that's when the government sends in the military to help.
also it could grow into martial law if necessary
do you not know these are real things?
>>
are people actually choosing sides in civil war?
>>
>>82601019
Yeah but the Avengers don't execute people. The people giving them orders sent a squad to execute Bucky. Who gives a fuck who's making the rules when those rules include executing your enemies? The Avengers showed more restraint by themselves.
>>
>>82601062
You directly claimed the avengers picked a fight with Hydra. You are faulting them for not WAITING for Hydra to do something else after nearly killing 20 million people.

It's asinine.
>>
>>82600807
Do you know that their fuck-ups were the only reason humanity was endangered in the first place?

Seriously, did you even watch AoU?
>>
>>82600928
>the movie chickens out of answering its own questions about unrestricted power and vigilanteism
This was a good thing. Telling the audience what to think about the issue is cheap.
>>
>>82601066

We've been with him for 7 films now. If you haven't figured out Tony is a narcissistic dick who always thinks he's right you haven't been paying attention. Even when he's trying to do the right thing he's just trying to wipe away his guilt concerning his past retributions(selling weapons, Ultron).

I mean, I do like Tony, but let's not pretend he's in any way altruistic. He's nothing like Steve or Peter at his core.
>>
>>82600996
It's like attacking a serial bank robber while he's at home planning his next armed robbery. You fucking dunce.
>>
>>82601108
I'm not saying they were wrong for doing so. But it was most definitely illegal.
>>
>>82601118
there's a difference between ambiguity from well-argued points on both sides, and dropping all the issues in the last half of the movie and hoping the audience just forgets about them.
>>
>>82600216
>It's a long shot, but if anything, the right call would have been to have the Avengers declare themselves a sovereign nation and apply for membership in the UN

That actually did just that in the comics just a little while before Disassembled basically shifted the Avengers tone since.

MCU Avengers aren't quite big enough for that though yet.
>>
>>82601066
>At the airport Steve tried to tell Tony about the Winter Soldiers and Tony shut him up.

Cause Cap never once put himself beneath the issue. Had Cap stated "take me in, but check this out it's serious" the rest of the avengers would have stayed out of prison (possibly) and the heavy hitters would have headed to this unknown situation where there's likely 5 supersoldiers laying in wait.

Instead, Steve allows everyone to sacrifice everything so he can do it solo.
>>
>>82601135
You did argue, extensively, that they were wrong to do this.

Also, welcome to superheros. Everything they all do is illegal because a staple of superheroes is that they are, by vast majority, vigilantes.
>>
>>82601121
Yeah but I'm posting this in a thread with people saying "if Cap had just stopped to talk everything coukd have been avoided"

It was Tony's side that wouldn't hear him out. He only actively rebelled when lives were on the line and there was no longer time to debate.
>>
>>82601110

*Tony's fuck up

You mean Tony's fuck up, right? Because he deliberately kept all the rest of the Avengers in the dark because he probably knew they would object and shut the Ultron bullshit down. Again, Tony being obscenely guilty about his own personal actions doesn't mean the rest of the Avengers should be held accountable. Tony is the one who sold weapons of mass destruction for decades. Tony is the one who created Ultron. Tony is the one who feels horribly guilty for how he parted with his father. Civil War isn't about Tony wanting to do the right thing, it's about him getting some sort of personal catharsis.
>>
>>82601176
>"take me in, but check this out it's serious"
Like when he tried to talk things through with tony when he was first brought in and Tony wouldn't listen at all?
>>
>>82601176
I agree they should have talked the situation out like adults instead of resorting to punches, but even then I don't think steve would have let them take bucky back into custody. despite bucky demonstrating pretty clearly that he wasn't resisting arrest after they took him in. If he wanted to break out of that little cell, he could easily have done so (and did after getting flipped to crazy mode).
>>
>>82601088
Yes, they're idiots who can't accept that fact that two people on opposite sides of an issue can both be right. See: political parties.
>>
>>82601233
grey doesn't exist
>>
>>82601176
> (possibly)

Most important word in your post. He can allow himself to be detained and HOPE someone else looks into it or he can do it himself. Tony wouldn't even listen to him, why would he surrender and hope Tony changes his mind? It's fucking ridiculous and why is Cap the only one who needs to learn to compromise? No one else compromises with him.
>>
>>82601066
>Cap was opposed to creating Vision
>and vision crippled his best friend
LOL

sam was right to move out of the way, it would have been retarded to take that hit it would have killed him

i think someone said
>if falcon would have taken the hit he's just float down on his wings, it wasn't meant to kill him

yet vision later admits he lost control
we can assume of the gem and fired what looked to be a kill shot or stronger than necessary impact

because he was so distracted with scarlet witch (without finding a better way to say it ) giving him a boner
>>
File: 1365605722326.gif (1MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1365605722326.gif
1MB, 500x360px
Look, no matter which side of the fence you fall on, can we all agree that Civil War was a disappointment? People were afraid that Disney would run Marvel into the ground, and based on how mediocre the latest movies have been, it seems like they were right.

>But there are so many discussion threads!
That's not the mark of a good movie. Red Letter Media were spot on about the film's flaws, even though they took a side on Cap vs. Tony.
>>
>>82601215

>If he wanted to break out of that little cell, he could easily have done so

They built something that Thor very nearly died in. They could have done better.
>>
>>82601276

On such short notice though?
>>
>>82601244
>He can allow himself to be detained and HOPE someone else looks into it or he can do it himself.

He can TRUST his team members. When I was in the Army I trusted my squad. But Cap fails in that area, doesn't he?
>>
>>82601256
Vision was targeting the thrusters on his wings, so theoretically Falcon might have been ok, but assuming he wasn't completely in control of just how much power the mind gem fired out if he was off by a degree or Falcon twitched it may have melted his spine or something, and carried on to hit Rhodes anyways perhaps, looked like a pretty substantial laser, plus it managed to burn that large ass scar into his armor, and take out the reactor.
>>
>>82601264
disney shmisney. This is what happens to all annual franchises. You can only be original and inventive for so long, and they started running out of juice sometime around winter soldier.
>>
>>82601291
>On such short notice though?

Yeah. Hell, Stark could have put him in a depowered suit and strapped his ass to a supermagnet. lol
>>
>>82601264

For me it was overall an incredibly enjoyable movie. Spidey was a little bit shoehorned but he turned out fantastic so I didn't mind that much.
>>
>>82601301
They clearly stated that Vision was going to turn his thruster into a glider. Wings are better than rockets when the power's out.
>>
>>82601206
Scarlet Witch egging him on with mind-fuckery was the only reason I used the plural there, though that was admittedly unclear.

Also not trying to say that the rest of the Avengers should be blamed for Ultron, just that getting pissy with the random black mom for blaming Tony for her son's death is ridiculous, he is absolutely blame-worthy.
>>82601211
He didn't even find out about Zemo or the other Winter Soldiers until AFTER he goes rogue for the second time with Bucky.
>>82601215
>If he wanted to break out of that little cell, he could easily have done so (and did after getting flipped to crazy mode).
That was dumb, honestly. He's stronk, but he's not THAT stronk. Could they seriously not get a cell that could actually reliably hold him?
>>
>>82601296
It's not like Tony trusted him. Why is Tony owed so much trust, huh?
>>
>>82601264
>Red Letter Media were spot on about the film's flaws
I'm only seven minutes in and this is already one of my least favorite videos of theirs in a long time. They don't understand Cap or Tony's motivations at all and they're just outright forgetting or obfuscating important details like how the airport fight started.
>>
>>82601372
I stopped watching half in the bag a while ago when I really started to notice how much they purposely ignore flaws in some movies and seemingly hunt for them in others. I couldn't take seeing them ignore things they complained at length on before in movies they just decided they would like unconditionally.
>>
>>82601009
How could he have done that. His original plan relied on keeping the avengers split up, confused and angry.

Bucky was captured all the same. if Steve had kept a level head and not stared punching the UN guys, he could have been on the not going rogue side of things. remember, they only started shooting after Steve and Buck started fighting. What if Steve convinced Bucky to surrender? even with Bucky going all winter soldier, thats less division for zemo to work with
>>
>>82601233
but also having a valid point doesn't always mean you're right about an entire argument

without going into non relevant examples

ironman had valid points and the idea of a human committee of disinterested parties who would hold them responsible legally so bad things don't happen is right on, makes sense.

but the entire movie was a constant ironman being wrong. since ironman 2 (technically he was wrong as fuck as tony stark in im1) to now and making bad choices out of a growing fear and guilt, ever sense he almost died and grew a conscience. but he never had the developmental time or skills to grow restraint and know how to control his guilt. instead he makes things worse than anyone else and keeps getting his closest loved ones killed/hurt. but he still can't stop himself from making bad choices with the best intentions.

it's crazy to side with him, even though he has a valid point as a viewer you know that the government was wrong, you know that if they listened to the u.n. or stark they'd be worse off and bad things would have kept on happening.

bucky dead, eventually most of the avengers if not most in jails, more terrorist killing people and zemo causing even more damage.

i like that ironman makes sense in his logic, but it's important to understand his logic and still recognize why he's wrong. just like doom might sway you with his logic it's still really bad to listen to him.
>>
>>82601351
>It's not like Tony trusted him. Why is Tony owed so much trust, huh?

Tony, and not Hawkeye, Vision, Black Widow, War Machine, or any of his team that wasn't going to jail for his shit. They saved the planet and some directly saved his ass on more than one occasion. That's how.
>>
>>82601419
>remember, they only started shooting after Steve and Buck started fighting.

Their orders were shoot to kill. Before the fight even starts they were throwing grenades into the window.

Literally everyone coming after Bucky was trying to kill him until War Machine showed up and saved the day. If Cap hadn't been there Bucky would be dead.

And it would be Stark and Natasha's fault for keeping him away. There's your wedge.
>>
>>82601301
>>82601332
that was the plan but he lost control because of scarlet witch. that way a big story point

he's reacting to her in weird ways and he has no idea what is happening. he was distracted and he didn't know it was possible. it's up in the air how much damage he would have done to falcon. it's clear his friendly fire was a fuck up, he's a super computer and he miscalculated.
>>
>>82601483
So why does Steve have to trust people and they don't have to trust him? At the airport Steve tries to explain himself and Iron Man shuts him down. This is not the first time this has happened between them. Why should all the trust come from Steve's side and Iron Man doesn't have to trust anyone?
>>
>>82601466
They're also both wrong, genius.

Tony is wrong in that UN oversight is not the correct way to put limits on the Avengers

Cap is wrong in that continuing to do what they're doing with no oversight will not end well for anyone.

The Avengers can't go around the world causing casualties in countries that didn't ask for their help AND they can't be expected to ask for UN (lol) approval for all of their actions. They are both wrong. They are both right. That is the point.
>>
>>82601335
It's stated in the movie that those cages are powered by electricity. Granted, it isn't spelled out until the end. But understandably part of Zemos plan was to disrupt the power grid that fed into the base.

We can draw rough assumptions on how much power the restraints could withstand if the electricity was actually going. As well as the electric shocks that would've done damage to Bucky once he went berserk.

It's a minor detail, but I at least pieced that out at the end.
>>
>>82601419
orders where shoot to kill and for cap to not go near him, so if cap does as he's told
>bucky would have probably escaped military >black panther would have killed him eventually

cap did the right thing to protect his friend that turns out was innocent of THAT crime
>>
>>82598160
did you watch the movie OP?
>>
>>82601397
They're not actually very good critics. The best piece of criticism they've ever made was far and away the Plinkett reviews, and those aren't exactly the height of critical insight. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're entertaining as all hell and extremely thorough, but these are the fucking prequels we're talking about here. Pointing out the flaws of those films is less "low-hanging fruit" and more "literally picking out of the garbage."

Still, that's fine, for the most part. They're fairly up front about most of their stuff being largely opinion-based, and that they're not trying very hard to be impartial or objective. I only really start getting buttmad about it when their opinions diverge from mine and they can't give anything like a good reason, which isn't often.
>>
>>82601519
>that was the plan but he lost control because of scarlet witch. that way a big story point
That wasn't very clear, honestly. You have to be paying really fucking close attention and be willing to speculate or have comics knowledge to piece that one together.
>>
>>82601549
okay
>genius

i guess not everyone can be as clever as you and go with the amazing insight everyone is wrong and there is no fixing

wow so smart

i guess you missed how the movie does lean evidence against tony. but i guess you're too busy being smart.

again i said having a point you can still be wrong. the opposite is also true

cap was wrong in some ways and still was completely right over all.
>>
>>82601549

Ok yeah. But at the end of the day one of the two has to be the better option even if it's flawed.

So which is it?
>>
File: 1449351991332.jpg (129KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
1449351991332.jpg
129KB, 600x796px
>>82601667
>>
>>82598410
i love how the first reasonable comment has zero replies.
>>
>>82601660
fair enough. i guess i payed attention to it because they did have a few scenes focusing on them and it was usually about power control/humanity.
>>
>>82601675
No they don't. They're both shitty options in a shitty situation.
>>
>>82601628
I think it's a difference of how much time/thought they put in.

The plinkett stuff is done over a much longer frame with more time to do analysis and think about it, half in the bag is done quicker and more off the cuff.

That being said, watching them go from being 100% analytical about the prequels and other movies to then just sucking force awakens dick and ignoring any faults was just too much for me and really drove home what they are.
>>
>>82601667
>cap was wrong in some ways and still was completely right over all.
The airport fight only even happens at all because he was unwilling to surrender and trust the law-abiding half of the Avengers to deal with what he believed to be the threat. Note that he specifically refuses to surrender and has Ant-man throw the first punch. If he HAD surrendered and trusted them to handle it, everything would have been fine.
>>
>>82601678
>meme is life
>>
>>82601701

The third option "The Avengers do nothing and people still die" is even worse.

There's no option that saves everyone and keeps everyone happy. There never will be.
>>
>>82601707
>The airport fight only even happens at all because he was unwilling to surrender and trust the law-abiding half of the Avengers to deal with what he believed to be the threat.
This whole thread is just going in circles now.

Tony wasn't making any effort to trust cap and disregarded everything he had to say, and there was too much on the line potentially to count on Tony's ego, of all people's to possibly let him accept that he made a mistake.
>>
>>82600652

That thing was already mutating him even befire he git hulked up.

And it was pretty evident it was fucking with his mind.
>>
>>82601707
The airport fight only happens because Tony wouldn't listen when Cap tries to explain himself. Cap should just surrender and hope everything will work out but Tony can't even listen for a minute?

Ant Man throws the first punch but it's not like his punch was the first act of aggression.
>>
>>82601707
at that point i would say the panic was the danger of not knowing how far zemo would go. considering how scary the winter soldiers where. and the reality that at the time the government wasn't listening they where under arrest at that point and ross didn't want evidence of zemo, he wanted bucky dead,
>>
>>82601707

He told Tony. Tony didn't believe him. Even when he did, which was only because Zemo exposed himself deliberately so Tony would notice, Ross wouldn't sanction it.

If he surrendered and trusted them to handle it either nothing would have gotten done and Zemo would have been ignored or Tony would have had to break the law too.
>>
>>82601701
No, he's technically right. Whatever metric you're using to judge both options of shitty, they can't be perfectly equal in it. You can say that it's basically impossible to figure out which option is less shitty, because there are too many factors to account for and they're really close regardless, but one has to technically be better basically by definition.
>>
>>82601776
Haha what? That makes no sense. Why would you think that it's impossible for 2 things to be equal?
>>
>Holy fucking shit there's a huge monster fucking shit up we need to help
>HOLD THE FUCK UP CAP YOU DANGEROUS VIGILANTE. WE NEED TO PUT THIS THROUGH THE PROPER AUTHORITIES
>Okay, how long will that take?
>Well, first it's got to get through the five sub-committees, where the proposition is approved by an advisory council of seven, before being moved up to the first primary committee and overseen by over 30 delegates. If we're lucky, it'll get final approval if it gets over 100 nations agreed on it
>Should only take a few months
>>
>>82601800
Perfection does not exist, ergo perfect equality also cannot exist. Nothing can be absolutely, perfectly level. Even if it seems that way on the surface, if you look at it with a microscope, there's bound to be imperfections.
>>
>>82601846
That's factually wrong and even if it wasn't, it would be semantics. Please just stop.
>>
>>82601750
>Cap should just surrender
Yes. He should have. Going rogue and forcing a conflict with the other half of the Avengers was a bad option compared to accepting the consequences of his actions and letting them deal with Zemo.
>>82601771
>He told Tony. Tony didn't believe him.
Tony didn't believe him or disbelieve him, he put a pin in the issue until he dealt with the much more immediate and undeniable problem of half the Avengers going rogue for the sake of a guilty-looking Bucky and a problem that Tony and his team could easily deal with themselves after detaining Cap and co.
>>82601771
>Even when he did, which was only because Zemo exposed himself deliberately so Tony would notice, Ross wouldn't sanction it.
I don't think Tony ever even told Ross about the Winter Soldiers, let alone ask him to sanction an op. I also don't believe that Ross would've just outright ignored the problem, if told.
>>82601750
>Ant Man throws the first punch but it's not like his punch was the first act of aggression.
It was unless you count disarming Cap as one, which is borderline, but really not much, as acts of aggression go.
>>
So, are we just ignoring the fact that Vision tried to straight up murder Falcon?
>>
>>82601533
>So why does Steve have to trust people and they don't have to trust him?

They do trust him. They took on Iron man for him. That's the lives he ruined through his lack of trust. Yeah, he broke Hawkeye out at the end, but tell that to his fucking kids he can't see anymore because he's a fugitive.

Instead he could have trusted the people he left to fight superbeings to take on the fight after he turned himself in. They're good enough to fight Tony, but not good enough to fly to Siberia to take on someone he was going to try to take on solo.
>>
>>82601872
>Tony didn't believe him or disbelieve him, he put a pin in the issue until he dealt with the much more immediate and undeniable problem of half the Avengers going rogue for the sake of a guilty-looking Bucky and a problem that Tony and his team could easily deal with themselves after detaining Cap and co.

He flat out tells him he thinks Cap's delusional. He didn't believe him.

>I don't think Tony ever even told Ross about the Winter Soldiers, let alone ask him to sanction an op

He doesn't even get that far. He asks Ross to help him with Zemo, Ross tells him to shut up before he tosses Tony in the Raft as well, seemingly just because he failed him. Ross totally would have ignored the problem. He WAS ignoring the problem, even with evidence tossed right in front of him.
>>
>>82598604
>"get involved in the decision making"
>Tony: Hey Ross here's physical evidence that TWS didn't do shit and there's a international terrorist about to get his hands on super soldiers
>Ross: I DON'T CARE GO ARREST THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE LEFT TRYING TO STOP IT

Oh yeah and obeying authority worked fucking GREAT in CA: TWS. It's not like the U.N is ineffectual through out the entire movie an it's not like Ross hasn't done crazy shit before an it's not like Gov. sponsored orgs haven't before been infultrated and used to almost destroy the world.

Oh wait that's exactly what it's like in this universe.
>>
>>82601910
not that guy, but he's clearly not asking you about the people who were on cap's side, and I think you know this.

You are really having a hard time trying to justify why he should trust tony when tony makes no effort to trust him.
>>
>>82601910

This is retarded. Everyone who got involved with Cap understood that they would be fugitives if they went through with it. We have a scene of him straight up warning Ant-Man about this, who proceeds to shrug it off.
>>
>>82601872
>I don't think Tony ever even told Ross about the Winter Soldiers, let alone ask him to sanction an op. I also don't believe that Ross would've just outright ignored the problem, if told.

Tony showed Ross the evidence that the UN bombing had been a frame up and Ross's response was basically "fuck you I don't care"

> letting them deal with Zemo.
> Tony didn't believe him or disbelieve him,

Tony just shut him down and didn't even listen. There was not going to be any dealing with Zemo if Cap surrendered.

Ant-Man wouldn't be able to punch Spider-Man if Spidey didn't steal the shield
>>
>>82601942
I am that guy and yeah, this
>>
>>82601942
>not that guy, but he's clearly not asking you about the people who were on cap's side, and I think you know this.

Antman, prior to the fight at the airport wasn't on anybody's radar. Cap trusts him to fight Iron man and Vision and War Machine.

Hawkeye, not going to the raft. Trusted by Cap to fight off...

These are the people Captain America used to fight off the "good" guys instead of sending to Siberia. The guys on Caps side are the people he fucked over the hardest. Because he didn't trust them to fight the bad guy, but he trusted them enough to ruin their lives so he could go fight the bad guy.

You're ignoring the damage Cap did to the people who backed him up while he showed an appalling lack of trust in them.
>>
>>82600433
Fuck.... this is soo cold. too much cold even for him.
>>
Why is Cap's reaction speed faster than Spider-Man's? Spider-Man has animalistic reaction speeds. He's like a feral animal on edge hopped up on caffeine.
>>
>>82601943
>Everyone who got involved with Cap understood that they would be fugitives if they went through with it.

They could have gone to SIberia, took on the bad guys and NOT BEEN FUGITIVES. They made a clear choice. these guys, on caps team sacrificed everything to go to jail so Cap wouldn't have to so that Cap could stop the bad guy.

The flip side? The obvious other solution? Cap goes to jail. His team goes after the bad guys and not jail.
>>
>>82601987
You were asked why he should trust tony when tony doesn't trust him

Your response is repeatedly to point at other people cap did trust or who did trust cap, but not tony.

Your ENTIRE argument hinges on the idea of steve and tony's ability to trust each other and you refuse to address that question no matter how many times you are asked.

That should say more to you about your argument than anything anybody else could.
>>
All I'm saying is that I'm ready for Wanda and Vision to hook up so we can get the Young Avengers going. Bring in a non fucked up Doctor Doom, and give me that Wiccin. What a perfect time for him to come out at.
>>
>>82601987
>instead of sending to Siberia

The plan was for all of them to go to Siberia. Fighting Iron Man was a last minute thing when the airport was cleared. He didn't recruit themnto fight Iron Man. He recruited them to go with him to Siberia.

Nice job changing the subject and ignoring that Tony is the one with the biggest trust issues though.
>>
>>82601923
>He flat out tells him he thinks Cap's delusional. He didn't believe him.
Don't recall, but I don't have a camrip handy, so I'll concede the point. It doesn't change the thrust of the point, though, that Cap should have given them the intel and trusted them to handle it. "Hey guys, there are five more Winter Soldiers in cryo at XYZ coordinates, pretty sure someone's en route to wake them up" isn't something they would have ignored if they didn't have Cap's team to worry about.
>>82601923
>He doesn't even get that far. He asks Ross to help him with Zemo, Ross tells him to shut up before he tosses Tony in the Raft as well, seemingly just because he failed him.Ross totally would have ignored the problem. He WAS ignoring the problem, even with evidence tossed right in front of him.
This I do remember, and that's wrong. Ross wasn't ignoring the problem, he was benching Tony and trying to deal with it himself. He sent Tony into the Raft to get the intel on Zemo from Cap's team, and specifically asks Tony for it when he leaves - Tony instead chooses to leave him out of the loop, not tell him jack shit, and go deal with it off-the-books by himself, like Falcon asked him to.
>>
File: Captain America3.jpg (86KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America3.jpg
86KB, 1024x600px
>>82602004
MCU Cap is one of the strongest version of Captain America, period.
Spidey was appropriately fast and strong for classic Spider-Man, MCU Cap is beast mode.
>>
>>82601987
You're talking like ANTS and clint weren't aware of the consequences. Steve and Bucky are perfect to go because the others are much better at distractions.
>>
>>82601958
>"fuck you I don't care"

You know that you don't get to do all that damage to all that stuff and not get taken in for questioning, right? Bucky: not responsible for this travesty, hands covered in blood from decades of assassinations.

Bucky is safer in custody. Everyone else is safer when Bucky is in custody.
>>
>>82602010
>They could have gone to SIberia, took on the bad guys and NOT BEEN FUGITIVES.

Well, they were trying to, but some guys showed up at the airport and decided that they shouldn't be allowed to go to siberia.

Nobody was allowed to go to Siberia.
>>
>>82599593
>Wanda will never brainfuck you
hold me anons
>>
>>82601419

They barged in shooting. They were a death squad.
>>
>>82602010
>They could have gone to SIberia, took on the bad guys and NOT BEEN FUGITIVES.

That was exactly their plan. Except Tony and co tracked them and disabled Hawkeye's chopper, forcing Cap to try to steal the Quinjet instead.

They didn't sign on just to get into a punch up with the legal Avengers though they were prepared for that risk. They planned to avoid that entirely and just hit Siberia first.
>>
>>82602034
>It doesn't change the thrust of the point, though, that Cap should have given them the intel and trusted them to handle it.
Not him, but it does change the point.

With potentially the security of everyone on earth at stake, and having the choice of going to stop it or asking someone who had previously said they think you are crazy and refuse to even humor you over what you have to say in the hopes that they MIGHT do a total 180 and change their mind is kind of a no brainer.
>>
File: Iron Patriot.jpg (8KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Patriot.jpg
8KB, 285x177px
>>82602010
>His team goes after the bad guys and not jail.

The Avengers aren't going to let Cap's unregistered friends jet off to Russia to fight maybe-evil. At best they'd be filling out forms while the UN thought about it.

How did you not grasp this?
>>
>>82602023
>You were asked why he should trust tony when tony doesn't trust him

And I replied, immediately, that there were other people Cap could have trusted. And in fact people he damn well owes trust too.

He got his whole team to sign up for jail so he could go punch the bad guys when he could have given himself up and sent his team to punch the bad guy. That's irrefutable.

>>82602031
>The plan was for all of them to go to Siberia.

Situation changed and of all the possible solutions, Cap chose the one that fucked the largest amount of people over.

>Nice job changing the subject and ignoring that Tony is the one with the biggest trust issues though.

I replied immediately that there were other people there worthy of Cap's trust and he didn't trust any of them because Bucky. Try reading that reply again.
>>
>>82602034
>Cap should unquestioningly trust Iron Man
>no one should trust Cap though

We're talking in circles. Why the fuck should Cap trust that Iron Man will take up the charge after arresting him when Iron Man won't even listen for a second? Why doesn't Iron Man need to trust Cap at all?

> He sent Tony into the Raft to get the intel on Zemo from Cap's team

No he sent Tony into the raft to get info on Cap's whereabouts so he could capture him. He didn't ngive a fuck about Zemo.
>>
>>82598460
>nigeria
Sure just let HYDRA steal bioweapons
>saving Bucky
Sure just let an innocent man be murdered by cops/confused blackman
>the airport
All Tony, he forced the fight, his side was the one firing missiles all over the place, his side is the one that casually crippled one of its own
>the prison
Yeah lock up innocent people in an illegal super prison lead by a the guy that made the fucking abomination
>>
>>82602041
Peter can sense danger (even though it literally only happens once) and in terms of physical strength, he outstrips Captain America. He caught Bucky's metal arm with one hand and overpowered it. Steve had trouble holding Bucky's arm back with both hands.

Anyway, Steve clearly doesn't have the senses that Peter has. Peter's senses are so high that he gets overloaded if he doesn't impede his vision, but as shown in the fight with Falcon and Bucky, he doesn't actually need to see the threat to avoid it. Almost everything he does is entirely on reflex. His reaction speeds should, on paper, be higher than Cap's. His agility and dexterity are clearly superior and he has animal-like instincts.
>>
>>82602034
They literally did ignore it to stop caps team from going to address it when cap tells Tony. Had Cap stood down and told them these things they wouldn't of believed him like they already didn't. When Tony finally DOES see the evidence Ross doesn't even care and tells him to bring in cap and bucky anyway.

Ross sent Tony to cap's team to get info on Bucky and cap, Ross doesn't know or really care about Zemo.
>>
>>82601987

Cap didn't even want to leave any of them. He wanted to stay until Tony's team was down and go off to Siberia as a team. Clint Sam and Scott were the ones that offered to stay behind because "This wasn't the real fight."
>>
>>82602073
A. Tony is not that entire half of the Avengers, the others would almost certainly have wanted to check it out afterwards

B. If Cap had said "I'll surrender peacefully on the condition you send a team to investigate XYZ coordinates immediately," they absolutely would have done it - hell, Tony DOES do it when Falcon asks him to later in the movie

C. B should have been his response the moment he first heard about the threat, not just ASSUME nobody would be willing to check it out, which he and Falcon did
>>
>>82602091
>And I replied, immediately, that there were other people Cap could have trusted.

Stop. You never answered that question, you changed the subject from Tony to other people. You still won't answer it because the answer destroys your argument and you know it.

Also, how do you not understand that none of those people were going to be allowed to go to siberia? Cap was going to be arrested. Falcon was going to be arrested. Wanda, arrested. Clint, ditto. The only person there not on a DIRECT wanted list was Ant-Man and they sure as shit weren't going to let some unknown guy screw off to do whatever.

That was the whole point of tony's position that NOBODY OPERATES WITHOUT OVERSIGHT.
>>
>>82602091

He could have sent Clint Sam and Scott alone into a hostile unknown base without the guy that was actually familiar with it (Bucky) on their own yeah.

But that would be tactically unwise.
>>
>>82602046
>You're talking like ANTS and clint weren't aware of the consequences.

I'm talking like there didn't have to be consequences. What part of this are you missing? There was zero reason for Cap to be the guy to go to Siberia when the cost was half his friends becoming prisoners and then fugitives and crippling another man who was a hero in his own right.

Cap gives up. He trusts the team he assembed (who haven't gone too far to lose everything yet) to take care of shit. He goes to jail, they go after the bad guy.

Or, everyone goes to jail so Cap can go after the bad guy. Are you seeing the problem here?

>Steve and Bucky are perfect to go because...

Into a facility that might have, I don't know, loud speakers to catch the guy who can turn bucky into a death machine with words.

Did ya think that one all the way out?
>>
>>82602091
They were ALL supposed to go stop the super soldiers. He signed them up for that NOT to fight stank's team.

How the fuck can you not grasp this, the only reason his heavy hitters started distracting their heavy hitters (including ending up in prison) so cap and bucky could still do the mission is because they had the fight that was NEVER meant to happen in the original plan.

The shit at the air port happened on the fly.
>>
Lets talk about why it's painfully obvious you should not accept accords given to you by General Ross, the guy with a history of attempting to use dangerous metahumans as weapons.
>>
File: williamhurtredhulk-141303.png (269KB, 655x315px) Image search: [Google]
williamhurtredhulk-141303.png
269KB, 655x315px
Frankly I'm surprised no one has pointed out to Ross that the rules of the game have changed

Now the enemies are aliens from unknown capacity or deities that can take control (and appearance) of other people. If Steve had not gone into rogue mode, he would never destroyed Hydra in WS and what happened then, can happen again to someone like Loki will return.

There were a lot of arguments to send Ross GTFO or at least, to earn a week or a month of time that would allow them to manage Bucky with the usual independence and less trouble.
>>
>>82602120
>the others would almost certainly have wanted to check it out afterwards

You don't know this and you don't know Ross would let them.

> hell, Tony DOES do it when Falcon asks him to later in the movie

He doesn't do this until Friday emails him evidence showing Cap was right. He didn't trust Cap at all until then.

>B should have been his response the moment he first heard about the threat, not just ASSUME nobody would be willing to check it out, which he and Falcon did

He didn't assume. When Tony shows up he tries to tell him and Tony blows it off.
>>
>>82602120
>the others would almost certainly have wanted to check it out afterwards.

Maybe Widow, Rhodey wouldn't, vision was too embroiled in personal shit, spider-man wouldn't, and tchalla was consumed by HATE BONER for buckey.

>they absolutely would have done it

They absolutely would not have as that would be a violation of the accords and literally everyone on Cap's group besides ant man was someone they wanted to specifically bring in.
>>
>>82602138

Actually wait I take that back. Sam was wanted to.

So that leaves Clint and Antman as the only guys who might be able to get to Siberia without Tony coming after them.
>>
>>82602093
>No he sent Tony into the raft to get info on Cap's whereabouts so he could capture him. He didn't ngive a fuck about Zemo.
>>82602101
>Ross sent Tony to cap's team to get info on Bucky and cap, Ross doesn't know or really care about Zemo.
I'd swear to God Ross specifically asks if they told Tony anything about Zemo when he's getting on the chopper. Am I just crazy?

Fuck, I hate arguing about this sort of thing without the actual movie handy.
>>82602093
>We're talking in circles. Why the fuck should Cap trust that Iron Man will take up the charge after arresting him when Iron Man won't even listen for a second? Why doesn't Iron Man need to trust Cap at all?
Tony should have been more ready to take Cap at his word, and it was a fuck-up that he didn't. Not disputing that.
>>
>>82602138
Sam and Clint were both wanted under the accords at that point, so they weren't going anywhere.
>>
>>82602170
Ross just asked if sam told him anything, and he was looking for info about cap. He doesn't even mention zeemo.
>>
>>82602170
>I'd swear to God Ross specifically asks if they told Tony anything about Zemo when he's getting on the chopper. Am I just crazy?

"Did they tell you anything on Rogers?" is all he asks. He doesn't mention Zemo's name once.
>>
>>82602173

Clint assuming he didn't go to break out Wanda wasn't wanted yet. He and Scott could have gone on their own. Assuming they didn't get arrested just for being in contact with Cap and not giving him up.
>>
>>82602160
>He didn't assume. When Tony shows up he tries to tell him and Tony blows it off.
Well, no. He did assume. He assumed CORRECTLY, but he still assumed.
>>
>>82602143
They were mid fight when they decided to split the team up. They didn't have time to seriously think about who should go and who should stay. The original plan was for all of them to go.
>>
You know, let's consider a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say Age of Ultron didn't happen. Let's say Tony's not a depressed wreck. Despite that, how long do you think the world would continue to tolerate the Avengers' activities? A little longer? Even had the Sokovia incident not happened, something like the Accords would have eventually happened. The world would eventually demand that the Avengers should have accountability, that they can't act autonomously and act however they want. America would be at the forefront since their asses would be the most on the line, but the rest of the world would also agree. There is no world anywhere in which an organization like the Avengers would eternally go unchallenged. They're on far too delicate a footing. They regularly violate the laws of multiple nations each time they operate. They pay no heed to any government, they answer to no one, they act entirely based on their own beliefs. They're not perfect, they're capable of making mistakes. But since they have no accountability, what can be done? Who's there to punish them for their mistakes? Look at all the shit that's happened. Not a single one of them was reprimanded for their errors. There is no power on Earth capable of keeping them in check, reigning them in, make them pay for the damages they might cause. They police the world, yet no one voted for them.

So even if the Avengers didn't splinter off, even if Tony was on Steve's side, this was always gonna happen one way or another. The world would not, CANNOT tolerate the Avengers in their present state. The world can't just go "Okay, you guys just do whatever you want whenever you want and we'll just lie down and let you." Either the Avengers comply with the world's demands, or the world becomes their enemy. And how do you protect a world that treats you like an enemy?
>>
>>82602184
>>82602191
Goddamnit. I'm too tired for this, my memory is like a sieve right now.
>>
>>82602221
You assume a lot. Considering Ross threatened to lock up Stark for not capturing Cap fast enough I don't know why you are.
>>
>>82602221
Tony and his whole group outside of T'challa knew what he did. They wouldn't let him leave, he's literally a direct threat to the accords they are trying to get everyone to agree to.

This all continues to boil down to people arguing that Steve needed to put total blind faith in Tony and hope that Tony did a sudden 180 and agree with him.
>>
>>82602143
see>>82602148
The guy you're talking to doesn't know what he's talking about, but neither do you. The plan wasn't

>you guys distract tony and we guy fight super soldiers that out number us

the plan was

>lets go fight these guys

then it devolved into

>oh shit tony and the legal avengers are here fuck
>aye man super soldiers n zemo n shit
>i don't care lol
>*fight scene commences*
>this is stupid as fuck
>i concur
>as do i
>cap we'll distract these strong guys because you can't but can still fight to real fight that actually matters
>so we can buy you some time
>*GIANT MAN distracts as does clint and Wanda*
>cap and bucky still almost don't make it
>they just do and go off to get Zemo

Cap's plan wasn't to send everyone to jail while he takes care of shit, it was to take an assembled team to stop Zemo because Tony and his team weren't doing shit and wouldn't listen to him and wouldn't be cleared or even listened to by the U.N like Tony wasn't but was fucked up by Tony's team being at the airport and disabling Clint's chopper.

It's like you didn't watch the movie jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>82598160
Alright.
To start with he thinks a bunch of shit-eating bureaucrats are going to send him to places he doesn't want to go, or stop him from doing the Right Thing when the time comes.

He would be wrong about all this shit if he actually had worse judgement than all the people at the UN. He would be wrong if members if the UN couldn't be blackmailed, impersonated, threatened, or bought (something that would never work on him).

Fact is though this shit happened anyway, so he was right. They were going to send people in to kill squad his friend (instead of just bringing him to stand trial, which Cap might have been fine with, instead of "murdered or imprisoned with no trial ever")

All this combined with the fact that they were trying to control all the avengers (like seriously, do they have any right to try and control the actions of Thor? Does human law even apply to the vision? Hulk?) Could they even begin to do a damn thing to these people if they didn't want it to be done?

And its not like the Avengers were causing all the collateral damage, the only time that EVER happened was after the accords were already signed and they had to fight against each other because the UN made them. In every instance before that they were stopping people that had caused collateral damage and they were the only people in a position to do so. By being there and blowing shit up they actually were responsible for LESS shit being blown up, savvy? Or do you think aliens would have stopped at the property damage they had already inflicted in New York? Or Ultron fucking the whole earth? Even in the opening scene of the movie the bad guys smashed cars into other cars and buildings, and were already rigged to be suicide bombers.
>>
>>82602235
>And how do you protect a world that treats you like an enemy?

You sit back and let alens or killer robots or wahatever supervillain of the week slaughter people until the world realizes that in a universe like this yes you absolutely have to let the Avengers do what they want if you don't want the planet to blow up.
>>
>>82602068
>That was exactly their plan.

No, the plan was for them all to go to Siberia. The Alternative was to give Cap and Bucky to Tony. Let the otherwise free citizens go after the bad guys. They didn't even know Lang was there for one. All these guys fight superpowered guys off so they can go to jail instead of Cap. So he can go fight other superpowered guys, maybe.

The rest of the team didn't earn their tickets to the raft until the fight at the airport.

>>82602084
>The Avengers aren't going to let Cap's unregistered friends jet off to Russia to fight maybe-evil

The Avengers didn't even know Lang was there. There was another way. But Steve HAD to e the guy going.

>>82602093
>He didn't ngive a fuck about Zemo.

Ross, the guy who invaded Brazil over a soft drink bottle won't follow up on actionable intelligence because... Since when did you guys convince yourselves Ross isn't about getting shit done?
>>
I really disliked that they tried using the other events like the NY invasion and hydra takeover as the avengers fault.
>HULK DESTROYED PARTS OF A BUILDING
Yea, but you guys sent in a nuke.
>THAT HELICARRIER DID MASSIVE DAMAGE
Yea, and it was because Hydra took over shield, your government agency, and we're planning to do even more damage.

Like really, maybe they should make the UN sign some accords...oh.
>>
>>82602235
Easily until a major major disaster occured, and it would have to be one they can be blamed for.

Without AoU, these guys are literally just hunting terrorists, very successful terrorists who if not for these exact guys would have conquored the world, which is puplic knowledge.
>>
>>82602251

This is assuming Clint didn't break Wanda out and was just minding his own business with his family until he decided to meet up with the Lang guy and go for a short trip in Siberia.

If they're gonna arrest Clint no matter what just because he won't work with the Accords (when he wants to retire and stay out of it) then yeah, but they've basically gone evil government at this point.
>>
>>82602261
>Ross, the guy who invaded Brazil over a soft drink bottle won't follow up on actionable intelligence because... Since when did you guys convince yourselves Ross isn't about getting shit done?
Since in the movie he even directly ignored when tony told him about zeemo and just kept demanding that steve be found.
>>
>>82602143

They were all either going to jail or prison. One or the other.

The Accords wouldn't let Clint and Scott (the only two people not being actively wanted) go to Siberia in time.
>>
>>82602261

>The Avengers didn't even know Lang was there.

So Lang could have gone by himself. Great. They definitely weren't going to let Wanda go, or Clint after he busted her out. So that's what you're saying. Have Cap surrender and send Ant-Man alone.

>Ross, the guy who invaded Brazil over a soft drink bottle won't follow up on actionable intelligence because... Since when did you guys convince yourselves Ross isn't about getting shit done?

Since I saw the movie and it's clear he doesn't give a fuck about Zemo.
>>
>>82602284
Even if they weren't going to arrest him, they were going to bring him back.

Again, guys in costumes running around trying to do things is the exact opposite of what tony and them wanted at this point. Particularly guys publicly tied to the avengers.
>>
>>82602261
Because Ross blows Tony off the second Tony starts talking about it because he wants cap and bucky. Would Ross follow up on it? No, because he didn't in the fucking movie an if he did it would've been too late.

Had Zemo actually gotten those soldiers or cared about getting those soldiers, he would've already had them and been gone to do more nefarious shit before Ross even knew he was a threat.
>>
>>82602259
>>82602268
The problem is the Avengers have too much power and leeway. Yes, they do good, but the governments of the world would be forever uneasy as long as they remain autonomous without accountability. And like I said, it's not like anyone voted for them. They decided on their own that they would be the protectors of the planet. The violate laws, they shit on governments and they more or less don't give a shit about anything beyond upholding their personal justices.

The Avengers do not have the right to decide what's right for the world. No one does. But as long as they act with absolute impunity, they may as well have absolute power as well.
>>
Putting the UN in charge of anything is immediately hilarious. Cap is 100% right by that fact alone.
>>
>>82602324

>they may as well have absolute power as well.

Oh, it's you again. The guy who doesn't know the difference between being an outlaw and being god emperor of mankind.
>>
>>82602324
They don't do "what they think is right" they stop people from killing each other.

They don't go after drug traffickers or even human traffickers or political opponents or corporations that exploit poor Asian children. They go after murderers. Literally the least objectionable thing they could do. They go after guys that everyone in the world agrees are bad people. The Avengers shouldn't enforce their own views on anyone. But the only thing they really enforce is the most universal law on the planet.
>>
>>82602295

Lets not forget he followed thst bottle to Brazil because it was unquestionable evidence regarding his White Whale.
>>
>>82602324
Which is what you need when fucking Loki shows up to fuck your shit up.

The U.N in real life, even MORE so in Marvel's universe, are fucking useless. Read up on Rwanda's genocide and the U.N's involvement in that. The avengers would be limited to combat zones and barely ever getting anything done. "we need to go to this country to prevent a dangerous international terrorist from getting weapons of mass destruction" "sorry lol Russia has a specific interest in that area we'll send our guys and they're SURE to be able to handle crossbones and his men"

They already answered to a government organization that proved to be corrupt an almost created a totalitarian society controlled by HYDRA.

The whole point of the movie is that the avengers need some form of oversight, but the governments of the world aren't the ones to do it. Ross ends up in charge of them for fucksake. The U.N appoints the guy WITH A HISTORY OF EXPLOITING SUPER BEINGS FOR MILITARY PURPOSES AND INTERESTS AS THE GUY THE AVENGERS ANSWER TO.

Fuck the U.N I'd rather trust Steve Rodgers.
>>
>>82602235

An ideal situation would be the Avengers creating their own organization similar to SHIELD that could work closely with the American government and serve in a similar, if less secretive and prone to getting Hydra'd, capacity.

I'm fully on Cap's side, but while I do agree that it's unrealistic for the Avengers to continue on as they are, the Sokovia Accords were an equally ridiculous solution. Making the Avengers the UN's bitch is not the answer, and asking Cap to roll over and take it was never going to end well. If anything the Avengers should be some kind of equal footing in the government. Cap is absolutely right in that its only a matter of time before agendas get in the way of the Avengers, because the only goal of the Avengers is to protect the world, but that's not the only goal of the UN panelists who are vying for power and God knows what else. To make the Avengers the receiving end of all that potential corruption and political horseshittery, not to mention the inefficiency of political process, is a move only an idiot would make.

Honestly if I was a Marvel citizen I would be more inclined to trust Cap with the safety of the world rather than some faceless senator who was who knows what on his priorities list. Especially after the Hydra debacle, my trust in governmental entities would be pretty damn shaken.
>>
>>82602261

Sure if the Hulk was working for Zemo Ross would be all over it. He's not.
>>
>>82602302

Jail or Siberia meat to say
>>
>>82600764
DEM NAZIS WUZ GUD BOIS
DEY DINDU NUFFIN
JUS WAN DEM ENERGY CUBES FO DEM PROGRAMS
>>
>>82602343
I'm not whoever you're talking about.

If you cannot be challenged, then what's left? Let's say, for instance, that the Avengers somehow or other came to the conclusion that the only way to save the day is to overthrow a ruler of a certain nation or something. Now, whether or not they actually WOULD do that isn't relevant here; it's the fact that they're capable of it and that no one would be able to stop them if they did that's the problem.

Now, I'm not saying they ever WOULD do that, nor am I saying whether it is or isn't the right thing to do. What I AM saying is that it's impossible for the world to allow such an organization to exist the way it does. It just can't. That would be like the governments of the world actively ALLOWING the Avengers to undermine their authority, which is simply not something that any government in any nation, to my knowledge, is capable of tolerating.
>>
>>82602101
>Had Cap stood down and told them these things they wouldn't of believed him like they already didn't.

Unknown. Steve only had one motivation as far as Tony could tell, saving his waifu. Giving himself and Bucky up unreservedly would have made a powerful statement. But Cap doesn't trust people.

>>82602106
>Clint Sam and Scott were the ones that offered to stay behind because "This wasn't the real fight."

Just cause someone offers to sacrifice themselves for your shit plan doesn't make the plan not shit. Nor does it mean that there might not be another, much better plan that doesn't require giving up everything. Nor does it mean that you should let them.

Cap turns himself in, trusts people who aren't Bucky and tried to kill him for once, bad guy gets beaten, good guys can see their families. As it is, when's Hawkeye seeing his kids again?

>>82602124
>Stop. You never answered that question

Yes I did.

Stop. Read this:

>>82601483

That was my reply.

>It's not like Tony trusted him. Why is Tony owed so much trust, huh?

Tony, and not Hawkeye, Vision, Black Widow, War Machine, or any of his team that wasn't going to jail for his shit...

Stop. Try reading the reply next time..

>>82602148
>They were ALL supposed to go stop the super soldiers.

And then things changed. Stark showed up with the Avengers. What they did after that, is where they failed. Stop. Give yourself up unreservedly, let the Avengers avenge instead of chasing you and your dumb buddy all over the place.

"Tony, this is important. Take me and Bucky in. Zemo is a real threat. to world peace. I'm trusting you. Or take me and Bucky if you must, let my team go after Zemo."

Not. Kick, punch. Punch, kick.

When your team volunteers to throw away everything you at least try to find an alternative. Cap failed. He failed his team hardest of all. He's willing to sacrifice anyone who isn't named Bucky.
>>
>>82602261

Having a hateboner for the Hulk doesn't equate to getting shit done in general
>>
>>82602432
> Zemo is a real threat. to world peace.

He said this and Tony didn't believe him.
>>
>>82602138
tactically unwise is taking a brainwashed assassin against the guy who knows his trigger phrase in a place that might have, I don't know, a PA.
>>
>>82602399

That was Team Cap's best shot in the scenario anon proposes.

"We surrender and present evidence that Hulk is in Siberia".

You bet your ass Ross would be all over that bunker.
>>
>>82602428
The US can do that, and has done that, and is allowed to exist.

Anyway, the Avengers can be challenged. The plot of the movie is them being torn apart by a guy with no superpowers. They aren't invincible or unstoppable.
>>
>>82602432
He told Tony what was happening, repeatedly, was not believed. Did so before any conflict started at the air port, was not believed. Tony would've got the info off steve while steve was in prison when Friday gave Tony the evidence, something steve couldn't 100% rely on.

The amount of time that it would take Tony to ACTUALLY convince him is how long it'd take Friday to send Tony the proof, except at that point Cap's team, INCLUDING cap AND bucky would've been in prison leaving only Tony, BP and to War Machine to react.... if they went behind Ross's back thus proving steve correct that sometimes the U.N does need to fuck off.
In the end, Tony did not take Steve by his word. Tony didn't trust Steve and Steve had no reason to believe he would.
>>
>>82602432
>But Cap doesn't trust people.

Honestly, he's right not to trust people. Cap made an accurate prediction on every bad thing every person would do in this movie before it happened. He predicted that if they signed the Accords they would be subject to governmental agendas preventing them from effectively doing their job. Tony signs the Accords and he immediately becomes Ross's bitch. Then Cap predicts that the government won't believe them about Zemo and therefore they should stop him themselves. When Tony tries to stop them at the airport, Cap tries to explain to Tony about Zemo and Tony shuts him down and starts the fight, effectively proving Cap right.
>>
>>82602398
I dunno. Because then America would have way too much power. I mean, America's already the most powerful nation in the world. If the Avengers were officially allied with the United States government, other nations would be even more uneasy. It's bad enough that the leader of the Avengers is literally named "Captain America".

The thing is deterrent forces don't always quite do their jobs. Otherwise terrorism wouldn't exist. And the greater the deterrent force, the more desperate those terrorists might become. America's the most powerful country in the world with the most nukes, the best weapons and the largest and best-funded military, yet 9/11 still happened. With something like the Avengers answering directly the America, it's only a matter of time before someone like the Mandarin, like, I dunno, tries to create an army of Super Soldiers wearing knock-off Iron Man suits.
>>
>>82602432
>"Tony, this is important. Take me and Bucky in. Zemo is a real threat. to world peace. I'm trusting you. Or take me and Bucky if you must, let my team go after Zemo."

The only person not getting arrested there was Lang. Sam was a fugitive like Steve and Bucky were because he escaped from the UN compound with them. Clint broke Wanda out of house arrest.

Meanwhile, Tony doesn't even let Steve finish before telling him he's delusional and telling him they're all being arrested and to give up and go to to jail and that's his final word on the matter.
>>
>>82602392
What do you think Fury has been up too.
Who do you think BW and Hawkeye have been leaking info too and why bw and hawkeye were on different sides of the civil war?

Dude is in SWORD headquarters and is in contact with aliens and shit. He's keeping abreast of the avengers situation, figuring out the cause of the explosion of marvels on the planet earth and stopping a superhuman arms race ALL WHILE getting strange garbled messages from outerspace. Some earth song something about being hooked on feelings and thanos is coming.
>>
>>82602310
>So Lang could have gone by himself. Great.

Was there anything in that bunker he couldn't handle? Worst case scenario Lang puts a giant fuck off rock on the door. Yay, War Machine isn't crippled for life.
>>
>>82602432
>"Tony, this is important. Take me and Bucky in. Zemo is a real threat. to world peace. I'm trusting you. Or take me and Bucky if you must, let my team go after Zemo."

Tony would've called him delusional, like he did, then continue being Ross's bitch and take in ALL of them, like he did.

It wouldn't have been until he got ACTUAL evidence that he would've went. He would've STILL went BEHIND Ross's back because Ross, like he didn't in the movie, would not have believed him. Thus Tony would've gone behind the U.N's back anyway. Which would, again, make Cap in the right.

In the end Cap's entire team would be arrested, Tony wouldn't have done anything until it would've been too late and Zemo would've fucked Tony's shit up even worse considering he'd probably rage over to the prison to yell at cap and try to kill bucky.
>>
>>82602479
>ith something like the Avengers answering directly the America, it's only a matter of time before someone like the Mandarin, like, I dunno, tries to create an army of Super Soldiers wearing knock-off Iron Man suits.

This is going to happen sooner or later anyway, the Vision was dead on about it but it's a non-point because the Avengers can't expect all conflict to stop if they hang up the tights. Loki's attempted takeover, for example, would have happened anyway, and there would be no Avengers around to stop it.

Also, the point is the Avengers shouldn't "answer" to anyone. They should work with other entities reasonably, sure, but seeing the Avengers as some kind of tool to control is a huge mistake. If you honestly believe that some elected official would make better judgment calls than Captain America then you have incredibly naive faith in the concept of a government, especially in these fucking movies, where government entities have been completely infiltrated and compromised by an evil organization, where the fucking guy who was put in charge of the Avengers by the idiot UN is fucking General Ross, and oh let's not forget them also trying to nuke New York back in Avengers 1.

The government in Marvel is incapable of handling the Avengers correctly, that much is clear. Steve immediately understood this, maybe because of his experience with Hydra. Tony either didn't want to see it or was unable to.
>>
>>82598160
Couldn’t you keep this in one thread you fucking sperg?
>>
>>82602319
>No, because he didn't in the fucking movie an if he did it would've been too late.

In the movie he had to deal with the aftermath of another superhero brawl, in public, between superpowered dickheads. Had they not blown up a fucking airport the exact kind of thing he was there to stop them from doing all the god damned time who knows what he would have done. He also had to find a way to contain a bunch of assholes with weird ass powers.

That's kind of on Steve, isn't it?

>>82602332
>Putting the UN in charge of anything is immediately hilarious.

This is the MU UN, they build giant floating prisons and mobilize special forces in a major city in minutes. After a real deal alien invasion, our UN might be better at getting shit done too.
>>
>>82599256
No, Bucky would still be alive. The UN Soldiers would be dead, Cap was there to stop both sides from killing each other needlessly. Bucky is pretty much the Soviet/Hydra Captain America (not super-serum though, but definitely augmented/enhanced).
>>
>>82602432
So Cap is wrong for not being so 100% trusting of everyone else that he'll go to jail and just assume the people who weren't listening to him before would just suddenly chamge their minds. He's wrong for not unfalteringly trusting Tony even when Tony refuses to hear him out.

But Tony's not even a little bit wrong for not trusting him at all. Tony's justified in wanting to throw is """"""""friend"""""""""" in jail but Steve is not justified in trusting the people trying to capture him.

Again: why the fuck does Steve have to be unerringly trusting of everyone while receiving 0 trust in return?

> Or take me and Bucky if you must, let my team go after Zemo."

Clint and Wanda were already wanted and no one knew who the fuck Ant-Man was. Tony wasn't going to let him do shit.
>>
>>82602544
>Bucky is the Hydra Cap
No he isn't he is more like a ppwerful weapon among others.

Red Skull was the Hydra Cap.
>>
>>82602497
>War Machine isn't crippled for life

Entirely Tony/Vision's fault, not Cap
>>
>>82602432
You're delusional, lol.
>>
>>82602543
>This is the MU UN, they build giant floating prisons and mobilize special forces in a major city in minutes. After a real deal alien invasion, our UN might be better at getting shit done too.

The MU UN immediately put General Ross in control of the Avengers. That alone proves their incompetence.

Also Tony didn't even consider believing Steve about Zemo until he received physical evidence. Captain America was completely right to not trust Tony. Tony demonstrated that he wouldn't take Cap's word. That was that, there was a world to save, if someone is getting in the way of that it doesn't matter how shiny their badge is.
>>
>>82602579
Don't bother, this is the same anon who blamed Cap for being bombed by the UN Soldiers, the writing patterns and retardness check in.

I mean Lang didn’t fire the laser.
>>
>>82602543
>In the movie he had to deal with the aftermath of another superhero brawl, in public, between superpowered dickheads. Had they not blown up a fucking airport the exact kind of thing he was there to stop them from doing all the god damned time who knows what he would have done. He also had to find a way to contain a bunch of assholes with weird ass powers.

>That's kind of on Steve, isn't it?

Tony started that brawl by refusing to listen. It was on him.
>>
>>82602528
The problem is the Avengers, given the scope and details of their activities, is always gonna make the world feel kinda uneasy. No one wants anyone to have that much power. The world will always be uncomfortable with them, and as long as they act with impunity, that discomfort will only continue to grow.

Eventually, even if Age of Ultron and Civil War didn't happen, something would have to give. Someone will pull the trigger, and shit would happen. And even if the Avengers won, it wouldn't ease tensions. The fact that they did manage to win would be an issue in and of itself, and it will only get worse without getting better.

This is an issue that will inevitably come up in a world of superpowered individuals, especially if those superpowered individuals formed an autonomous task force that freely get involved in international incidents.
>>
>>82602597
>Hank Pym was right, Never trust a Stark
>>
>>82602543
"he had to find a way"

The UN already had a way, they put them in water prison. He wouldn't, like he didn't, believe cap until he was GIVEN evidence. When he was GIVEN evidence Zemo at that point was already in the facility waiting for them.

He, still, wouldn't have gotten clearance to go there, because General Ross didn't give a shit about Zemo.

No it's not on cap, cap's only option was to fight because tony wouldn't listen to or trust steve. Tony didn't go until he was given evidence. The time at which he was given evidence wouldn't have changed so no, he wouldn't have gone sooner because there's nothing to suggest his attitude towards helping cap would've changed AT ALL until he was, again, given the evidence.
>>
>>82602579
>Entirely Tony/Vision's fault, not Cap

When you run from the cops, any damage to bystanders or cops is on you. Cap was fighting against the law, against the UN and the avengers. He was helping a man wanted for bombing the UN and killing a head of state flee the country. He was beating cops and UN soldiers left and right

Everything that happened can be dropped at his feet. That's how responsibility works.

>>82602582
>You're delusional, lol.

I'm sorry that you never learned how to read. My condolences.

>>82602583
>Captain America was completely right to not trust Tony.

The guy keeping the secret about who choked the other guy's mother to death has no right to trust.
>>
>>82602603
>The problem is the Avengers, given the scope and details of their activities, is always gonna make the world feel kinda uneasy. No one wants anyone to have that much power. The world will always be uncomfortable with them, and as long as they act with impunity, that discomfort will only continue to grow.

The discomfort is unjustified, as the Avengers have demonstrated time and time again that they can handle their own affairs better than a government can, especially after the shitshow that was Hydra.

This is definitely a complex issue that deserves an answer but again, believing that the answer is just plopping the Avengers under government control and going "what could possibly go wrong?" is an idiot's attempt at a solution.
>>
116 governments signed a piece of paper that said that they get to decide where and when the most powerful beings on planet go

>implying hydra isn't controlling or is the Government in some if not all those countries
>Implying that governments that aren't don't have their own agendas that would want to keep these guys out of their borders

"Ross, the Latvarian Capital just had a portal to Hell open directly above it we need boots on the ground now!"
"Sorry, Tony. King....Doom....That can't be right?! doesn't want any superheroes in his borders no matter what."
"Lucifer just opened one of his seven mouths."
"My hands are tied. Good day, Stark."

This is the world of the MCU, the accords do nothing but keep capes from doing their job. Bills can be amended and "fixed" but that takes time and you know what doesn't have time....Abomination ripping a hole in the large hadron collider. Shuma gora getting ready to recreate legend of overfiend in down town Houston. A Terrorist waking up five SUPER SOLDIERS
>>
>>82602596
>Don't bother, this is the same anon who blamed Cap for being bombed by the UN Soldiers

Cap could have done a great deal to prevent that from happening. You guys act like "kill on contact" is "kill no matter what" even though there's ample evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>82602633
He was helping a man who was completely innocent in bombing the UN and was trying to go after the REAL culprit but the UN and Tony wouldn't listen or cooperate. That wouldn't and didn't change on the UN's part.

It did change on Tony's part, after he arrests everyone and gets physical evidence given to him by someone else.
>>
>>82602565
I am aware of that, I was speaking in general since Red Skull basically got transported away somewhere, Soviet-Hydra attempted to create someone as powerful as he was but under more direct control. They also made 6 more Winter Soldiers, who were actually Super-Serum'd (the blue packets were supposed to be reminiscent of the blue vials of the serum from The First Avenger).
>>
>>82602633
>Everything that happened can be dropped at his feet. That's how responsibility works.

That would make sense if Cap was a standard issue criminal who was comitting a moral wrong, but that's not the case. Tony is wrong about Bucky, wrong about Zemo, the government is wrong as well. Cap is right about both Zemo and Bucky.

It seems like you think that figures in authority are always in the right simply because they are figures in authority, an incredibly naive viewpoint. Captain America is completely in the right here. Tony was in the wrong for not believing Cap about Zemo. War Machine being crippled is ultimately squarely on Vision's shoulders.

>The guy keeping the secret about who choked the other guy's mother to death has no right to trust.

What does this even have to do with anything? I was saying that Captain America was right not to give trust.
>>
>>82602646

The soldiers immediately started throwing grenades into the room and immediately started shooting at Bucky. The fuck do you think they were trying to do? "Kill on sight" is exactly what it fucking sounds like.
>>
>>82602597
>Tony started that brawl by refusing to listen. It was on him.

Tony wasn't the one running from every government on the planet with a wanted terrorist. If cap wanted someone to trust him at that point he needed to perform extraordinary measures.

>>82602627
>The UN already had a way, they put them in water prison.

Being underwater doesn't stop a person from being able to move shit with their mind. Unless they're held under for a few minutes, then they aren't going to move shit I guess.

>>82602627
>cap's only option was to fight because tony wouldn't listen to or trust steve.

Cap gave Tony no reason to trust him. He's standing next to a guy that almost shot him in the face, point blank a matter of hours ago. And he has the gall to try planning shit. No.

>>82602642
>This is the world of the MCU, the accords do nothing but keep capes from doing their job

Fascists can get things done. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to embrace fascism.
>>
>>82602633
>I'm sorry that you never learned how to read. My condolences.

You're not at all in the position to throw insults around given the sorry state of your argument.
>>
>>82602641
There needs to be some kind of compromise. Maybe bringing them under the U.N.'s control is a bad idea, but they cannot be allowed to have total and absolute freedom.

And it's not about "justification". To begin with, they have the fucking Hulk in their team. Banner's a swell guy, but he's a goddamn ticking timebomb. But I digress. One or a select group of individuals having that much freedom and power is always, ALWAYS gonna cause uneasiness. It's a simple fact.

Look. If an absolutely perfect, fair, benevolent, infinitely wise, omniscient god whom literally everyone in the world acknowledged to have those traits had absolute power, none of them would be able to complain. But that does not exist, nor will it ever happen. Captain America is not some perfect Christ-figure. He's a human being with human flaws and is capable of making mistakes, just like everyone else. Being able to ground a helicopter does not change that fact. And the fact of the matter is he has, under his command, or at least on his side, the most powerful and dangerous entities on the planet.

It's not an issue of justification. People WILL feel uneasy about this. This is inevitable. Doesn't matter how much good the Avengers do, the world WILL NOT, CAN NOT unanimously accept that a single autonomous organization has this much freedom and power. And the longer they stay in power, the more that discomfort will grow until it eventually triggers something serious.
>>
>>82602694
>Tony wasn't the one running from every government on the planet with a wanted terrorist.

At this point your argument is resting squarely on buzzwords like "wanted terrorist". So the governments are against Cap. So what? You say that like you think that people in authority are always in the right. Do you?

>If cap wanted someone to trust him at that point he needed to perform extraordinary measures.

A whole shitload of people trusted Cap. Only people who didn't, at the end of the day, were really Tony and Vision. That being said, Cap didn't expect Tony's trust.

>Cap gave Tony no reason to trust him. He's standing next to a guy that almost shot him in the face, point blank a matter of hours ago. And he has the gall to try planning shit. No.

Ah, and now you're moving your goalposts around again. I thought a second ago you were arguing that Cap should've given himself up and given Tony the chance to trust him about Zemo? Now you're saying that Tony should never trust Cap, so he shouldn't believe Cap on Zemo, so if Cap gives himself up, Zemo carries out his plan and gets away. You can't have it both ways.

>Fascists can get things done. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to embrace fascism.

Dude, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel here. So because the Avengers and fascists both "do things", they're both bad? The only thing the Avengers are focused on is trying to save lives and bring in international criminals.
>>
>>82602701
>Captain America is not some perfect Christ-figure. He's a human being with human flaws and is capable of making mistakes, just like everyone else.

Literally no one is arguing that he is perfect, stop strawmanning. The point I was making is that he has shown more competence than the government. And I am correct.

>It's not an issue of justification. People WILL feel uneasy about this. This is inevitable.

At this point you're saying the same thing over and over so I'll refer you back to my previous post until you bring something new to the table.
>>
>>82602694
>He's standing next to a guy that almost shot him in the face, point blank a matter of hours ago.

So what you're saying is the reason Tony can't trust steve at that moment is because... he's standing next to someone who tried to kill him when Tony fully knew he was hypnotized and that he's not anymore.

That makes no sense and if that was Tony's reasoning he's fucking retarded. The real reason is because Tony straight up just didn't believe him and thought he was disillusioned seeing a conspiracy and plot that wasn't there to help him be able to protect his friend guilt free, like tony actually says in the movie.

>Fascists can get things done

yeah, they can infiltrate air tight (much better ones than run than the UN by a mile) Government initiatives and almost turn the world into a totalitarian shit hole. That'd be impossible to happen with the UN though, because they're somewhat effective at reacting with spec op forces. Let's still ignore that they put someone who has a history of fucking with and exploiting superbeings for military purposes to head the avengers.
>>
>>82602751
And my argument is it doesn't matter how competent he is. It's impossible for him to win everyone over. It's impossible for him to get everyone to agree with his ways.
>>
>>82602694
>Fascists can get things done. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to embrace fascism.

Ironically fascism is basically what Ross imposes on the Avengers once he gets control of them, complete with throwing his enemies in some kind of underwater gulag with no right to a trial! Wow, the Accords turned out great!
>>
>>82602667
>He was helping a man who was completely innocent in bombing the UN and was trying to go after the REAL culprit but the UN and Tony wouldn't listen or cooperate.

Fugitives don't get to set conditions. Fugitives go into the system. Cap wanted to keep doing hero stuff when he needed to be doing prisoner stuff. He should have given himself up, trusted the guys who're doing the job to follow up on his evidence.

Time they spent looking for Steve could have been time looking for Nemo, but Cap thought he could do better than the government, yet he got all his information from a traitor to the government. Sharon Carter. She fed information to a pair of fugitives.
>>
>>82602770

...so what? I feel like after eliminating all the illogical stuff out of your argument, we're essentially left with you saying pretty much nothing of consequence. It's impossible for anyone to get everyone to agree with them, that's a given. Congratulations, you managed to successfully argue that something applies to Cap that also applies to all people and all organizations.And you're not even an inch closer to convincing anyone that Cap was in the wrong.
>>
>>82602770
> It's impossible for him to get everyone to agree with his ways

That's a feeling you must understand pretty well
>>
>>82602794
I'm saying that a compromise has to be made before things start to get out of hand. The Accords are a bad idea, but something else needs to be done. The Avengers cannot be allowed to act with absolute impunity or else the core issue will never get solved.
>>
>>82602784
>He should have given himself up, trusted the guys who're doing the job to follow up on his evidence.

I thought a second ago you said that Tony should never trust Cap? So then Tony would not have trusted what Cap would have said, and he would not have followed up on Zemo, so by your logic, Cap shouldn't give himself up because Tony will ignore him. You've painted yourself into a corner.

The words "fugitive" and "traitor", which at this point are the only things your argument rests on, mean nothing when the government is in the wrong. Was Cap in the wrong in Winter Soldier as well? After all, he was a fugitive in that movie. Should he have given himself up to Hydra because they were in the position of authority?
>>
>>82602810

This is probably the only thing I can agree with you on. Avengers should be on equal footing with the UN maybe, but realistically they need a competent SHIELD-like organization that handles the political side while effectively allowing them to do their job.
>>
>>82602835
Honestly, none of this would have happened if Nick Fury was still around. Without him, the Avengers cannot function.
>>
>>82602686
>The soldiers immediately started throwing grenades into the room and immediately started shooting at Bucky.

Did you miss the part where Caps little buddy fed him updates on the breeching progress outside and Cap ignored it? He could have acted on that and used his outside voice. Even the UN follows ROE and he could have stopped any breech attempt by simply letting them know there was more than one person in the room.

Kill on contact isn't kill anyone in the near vicinity, blood for the blood god. It's a sensible rules of engagement for vanilla humans going up against someone who can rip the front end off a car after outrunning it. That is if you care about your soldiers staying alive at all.

The UN took him, alive, into custody once he was subdued. It wasn't a murder op no matter how much some of you want to portray it as such.

>>82602695
>You're not at all in the position to throw insults around given the sorry state of your argument.

That would be cute if it came from someone posting something other than "ur delusional, lol" Better luck next time.
>>
>>82602803

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>82602861

Agreed. Nick Fury is essential.
>>
>>82602864
>Kill on contact isn't kill anyone in the near vicinity, blood for the blood god.

No is one is saying it is.

>It wasn't a murder op

Kill on sight means they were going to kill Bucky on sight. That is a murder op no matter how much you try to twist the situation. Good luck convincing anyone otherwise besides yourself, you're straight up wrong here.
>>
>>82602784
If he gave himself up Tony would not have trusted him because he'd still assume, like he does in the movie, he's talking shit to get Bucky out of his prison in the water. The only time he believed him was when he got physical evidence and not before or after.

>Fugitives don't get to set conditions. Fugitives go into the system.

The system is a long, long process that would've taken WAY too long and nothing would've been done. Ross STILL would not have given a SINGLE fuck so Tony would've STILL had to go behind to system's back to do anything or he would've taken too long.

It's not that cap thought he could do better than the Gov, he thought he could do it quicker than the Gov and he was right. Tony had no intention on following up on Cap's shit till the evidence was staring him in the face so the same amount of time would've been taken then. Ross had no intention on following up on cap's shit period and wanted to use bucky as an example.

The Government would've proved just as ineffective.
>>
>>82602730

>A whole shitload of people trusted Cap. Only people who didn't, at the end of the day, were really Tony and Vision.

And Rhodey. Is anyone tired of Rhodes being such a yes man bitch in all these movies? Tony, Natasha, even Vision had legit reasons for going along with the accords. For Rhodes it was never more complicated than "well, the UN said so and they're in charge"

And thinking back, he was pretty much the same in all the Iron Man movies. Does anyone like this guy?
>>
Honestly, if Cap wanted to do things his way, he should have just had the Avengers go off the grid. If he was gonna just have the Avengers do their own thing, then he should have stopped feigning an alliance with the government. Just go full vigilante.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If he wanted to protect the world on his own terms, then he should have just stopped being Captain America.
>>
>>82602864

You've been at this for so long and you're the only in the thread with this viewpoint, everyone else is against you and you're convincing no one. Why continue at this point? At the very least just accept that no one else is going to agree with you and move on. I know I am.

In any case thanks for the dialogue and have a good night, I feel like at this point we're starting to go in circles and neither of us will change his mind so I'm going to go to sleep.
>>
>>82602918
Isn't that what he did at the end
>>
>>82602912

To be real I don't like Rhodey that much, but that's because I liked the first actor better. I'm warming up to this guy now but now that you mention it yeah his logic was subservient as fuck in this movie. I expect it's because of his military background. He seems like the "good soldier" type.

>>82602918

Captain America represents the spirit of America, not its government. And honestly, no matter which side you fall on, spitting in the government's face and doing things your own way is about as American as it gets.
>>
>>82602730
>At this point your argument is resting squarely on buzzwords like "wanted terrorist".

The man was wanted to blowing up a UN building. How is calling him a wanted terrorist anything other than accurate?

>So the governments are against Cap. So what?

They're against him because he's helping a guy wanted for blowing up a UN building. "So what?" Indeed.

>I thought a second ago you were arguing that Cap should've given himself up and given Tony the chance to trust him about Zemo?

There's nothing about saying he needs to do something extraordinary to gain Tony's trust that is contradicted by pointing out he's standing next to a man that very nearly murdered him hours ago. Though I can tell you really wanted it to.

>Now you're saying that Tony should never trust Cap

I said, quite clearly and will say it again, in quotes even. "Cap needed to do something extraordinary to gain Tony's trust. Like surrender."

>So because the Avengers and fascists both "do things", they're both bad?

Dictators don't have to answer to the people. They get things done. If the Avengers refuse to answer to the people, including people they've harmed a great deal, they're literally fascists. Sorry.

>>82602762
>So what you're saying is the reason Tony can't trust steve at that moment is because... he's standing next to someone who tried to kill him...

Lemme stop you right there. do you notice anything about that that seems to be dumber than fuck?

>>82602778
>Ironically fascism is basically what Ross imposes on the Avengers once he gets control of them

Fascism isn't answering to the UN because people are having trouble trusting you. You're not understanding what fascism is. Look it up again. Having a boss or a supervisor isn't fascism. Jeeze.

>>82602778
>complete with throwing his enemies in some kind of underwater gulag with no right to a trial!

Did you know that that flight risk people awaiting trial stay in jail? That undoubtedly includes people who can fly.
>>
File: 1457458154063.gif (105KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1457458154063.gif
105KB, 300x168px
>>82598160
I could write out a long and overdrawn post about why your wrong but... Eh.

Please refer to pic related.
>>
>>82602941
>I expect it's because of his military background. He seems like the "good soldier" type.

But Cap and Falcon were soldiers too.
>>
>>82602823
>I thought a second ago you said that Tony should never trust Cap?

You don't read so good. >>82602694 try again, but remember to start at the very top and work your way down.

>>82602892
>No is one is saying it is.

Did you know you can search this very page for words like kill and murder?

>>82602892
>Kill on sight means they were going to kill Bucky on sight.

And yet once he was subdued they all looked at him plenty when they were loading hm into his chair/box. Weird, huh? Had Cap talked to the UN guys that he knew were about to breech the room and tried to use words instead of fists to solve a problem for once Bucky might have gotten into his box even faster with 100% less UN soldier's punched in the dick.

>>82602898
>he's talking shit to get Bucky out of his prison in the water.

Bucky was standing right there when they all run into each other. When I say Cap should have turned himself in that means Bucky too.

>>82602912
>For Rhodes it was never more complicated than

Rhodes is a soldier. They believe in things like chain of command. The other "soldiers" forgot what that means.

>>82602920
>You've been at this for so long and you're the only in the thread with this viewpoint

Did you know that arguments aren't solved by popular vote?
>>
>>82601066
>Tony never listens
Well, Cap ain't no bottle a liquor, innit?
>>
>>82602432
> Clint can't see his wife and kids.
> Scott can't see his daughter.
> Wanda is traumatized and feels like a pariah.

Add to that Tony being JUSTed, Rhodey crippled, and Vision shell-shocked and separated from his only friend.

It's litterally Christmas for Thanos and HYDRA.

After all this Bucky is frozen, a loss to be sure, but he still has Bucky.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, you can't help noticing everyone lost a ton of shit, and Cap, usually the selfless one, actually lost little.

There's a strong argument that everyone suffered as a resultvof Rogers and Stark's character flaws.
>>
>>82599108
In the real world the UN sits and listens to people talk about computer games. And is largely impotent. Why would a marvel version in a world of multiple hydra groups, aliens, inhumans, aim and just general corruption be and better than shield?
>>
>>82599604
In this case she was moving the grenade away from the crowd, she just didn't have time to get it as clear as she would have liked.
>>
>>82599605
Yeah that line bugged me. Are the avengers Thor's carers? His tard-wrangler?
>>
>>82599739
Pretty sure the problem was fucking crossbones staying a biological weapon wearing a suicide vest. Not the people stopping him and trying minimise the damage he does
>>
>>82601051
Given that one of the film's core themes is loss, it was ignored to a frustrating degree. Pietro was her rock and comfort in a cold world.

It's kind of frustrating that JW handled Pietro's death so badly, while T'challa and Tony's losses were handled by the Russos with appropriate weight.
>>
>>82603913
Also her fear weakening her emotion-driven powers, which was also shown in AoU (compare pre-Clint to post-Clint). A confident Wanda could contain the explosion, but she was scared of her own power.
Thread posts: 543
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.