[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rematching season 1 of Family Guy, it's shocking how utterly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

Rematching season 1 of Family Guy, it's shocking how utterly different the show used to be.

Back then, Seth's humor seemed to be a lot more...unassuming, corny and cute should I say? Compared to more recent episodes the humor seems downright tame, even the art style reminds me of a kids' show of that era (e.g. Recess). The characters are different, too: Peter was a bumbling dad who tried to do good for his family, Lois was a kind and caring mother, Meg was just a typical awkward teen girl and not the universe's punching bag, Stewie was a Bond villain, and Brian didn't preach his leftist agenda.

I don't think any other show has changed as much as this one, with the possible exception of Spongebob.
>>
>>82396846
bump
>>
File: Im gonna get a Beer.png (2MB, 1875x1437px) Image search: [Google]
Im gonna get a Beer.png
2MB, 1875x1437px
>>82396846
Don't you know, anon? The network cut their budget
>>
>>82396846
Try South Park.
They changed a lot too.
>>
I've never understood why people think the first few seasons of Family Guy are the best. It wasn't until later seasons that it developed its own style of comedy. Yeah it's not flawless and a lot of people don't like the style, but the early blandness is more offensive to me.
>>
>>82398106
Because the style they developed was horrible. The show actually had effort put into the jokes in the first 2-3 seasons and didn't rely on cut aways nearly as much. If anything the later seasons are more bland because it's clear they try way too hard to be funny. Post-reboot Family Guy is just desperate.
>>
The latest seasons have been like an essay on middle-aged angst. It's bizarre.

>Ah, cold car ride through a dark suburban night. Look out the window and think of death, kids. It's a-comin'.
>>
>>82397978
For the better, really. The first few seasons of South Park basically relied on outlandish shock humor. Like, that's all it had going for it.
>>
File: 1454352624673.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454352624673.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>"Hey guys you know what would be good? If we played an unedited music video for five minutes!"
It's like they aren't even trying with the new seasons.
>>
>>82396846
think about it, before that, seth did like several things, two of which were shorts for fucking cartoon network

even had his fucking peter and brian voices and were a fat man and a dog!
>>
>>82401006
You mean this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSu07KiMjs
>>
>>82398106
Because pre-cancellation it's actually a funny show. The only really good post-return episode is the very first one and that's because it's literally just a leftover script from before the show was cancelled.
>>
>>82401006
yeah he also did johnny bravo
idiots seem to forget that he doesnt write the show anymore and can actually be funny
>>
The characters are treated very differently. I think Joe got it the worst. At first he was rarely held back by his handicap and only a few jokes relied on it. Nowadays he's constantly referred to as useless, a burden and he keeps trying to kill himself. They also changed how he became handicapped to make him more pathetic.
>>
>>82405426
>idiots seem to forget that he doesnt write the show anymore and can actually be funny

Don't let a little thing like reality get in the way of their hateboners bro
>>
>>82400935
Did they pull the Conway Twitty shit AGAIN?
>>
>>82406369

No, they played some shitty 80s music video.
>>
The humour was terrible and forced. The show was completely unfunny. I'd rather watch a new episode than an old one. Why did you think it got cancelled in the first place? When it came back with season 4 they knew the show had to change instead of being a shit cartoon that wishes it was the simpsons.
>>
>>82406783
It got way worse after cancellation.
>>
>>82400827
This. It's like a tour through someone's fucked up psyche. Someone not the least bit self-aware.
>>
>>82401082
I remember this! O.O
>>
>>82403199
He also did shit like Ted 2 and a million ways to die in the west, both oozing modern Family Guy humor.
>>
>>82406404
The whole fucking thing.
>>
>>82400935
>>82406369
>>82406404
>>82407884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ZBIiaZDRA
>>
>>82406326
Yes, but he can also make A Million Ways to Die in the West.
>>
>>82408555

That went south so freaking fast!
>>
>>82407406
You shouldn't use emoticons here.
>>
>>82406369
At least Conway Twitty made good music.
>>82407983 was shit.
>>
>OP actually liked FG when it was a blatant Simpsons copy
>>
>>82400857
Whereas the latest seasons only have political posturing going for them. They spent most of last season on a character called PC Principal? Gosh, that sounds like a timeless recipe for quality and not pandering that will age like milk.
>>
>>82407406
I'm a bit triggered by the emoticon...
>>
>>82410028
Oh wow South park relies upon dated pop culter references. How shocking.
>>
>>82407983
in commentary from the first seasons the reason for the long music videos and gags that seem to go on forever is because they don't have content to fill time they said certain episodes would come under the required time frame so they would extend or add stuff like conway twitty
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.