[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watched a few episodes >its pretty bad >97% on Rotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: shes not that cute tbh fam.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shes not that cute tbh fam.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>Watched a few episodes
>its pretty bad
>97% on Rotten Tomatoes
Does this shit get golden after a while?
>>
File: 1459784333561.jpg (101KB, 905x737px) Image search: [Google]
1459784333561.jpg
101KB, 905x737px
no
>>
>>82388960
RT only reviewed the pilot
>>
>>82388960
Not at all.
>>
>>82388998
but the pilot was mediocre at best
>>
General consensus is that RT is shit for reviewing shows.
>>
>>82388960
It gets better around episode 5 and the episode with Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>82388960
>>82389023
The reviewers gave it good reviews because they wanted to look 'progressive' for praising the show for being 'feminist' and pat themselves on the back.

Literally every other normie hates the show and watches Gotham instead.
>>
>>82389148
I just finished episode 7. MM is the only thing thats keeping me going desu
>>82389242
the last episode I saw used "Privileged White Male" like four times so I guess it's pandering to SJWs

Is Gotham good?
>>
>>82389278
Gotham is the weakest at of all the Superhero comics shows that are out right now
>>
>>82389328
Even weaker than Supergirl? Shit.
>>
>>82389242
You mean that RT reviews are bullshit? Gee, I hope mcufags and dceufags don't notice!
>>
>>82389278
Gotham is so insane and cheesy you can't help but keep watching it. It's like the Tim Burton movies in modern day (they even brought back Peewee Herman's actor as Penguin's Father).
Penguin is the best part of the entire show.
>>
>>82389278
>Is Gotham good?
Very. Ignore the haters, it has the best Penguin ever.
>>
RT doesn't really work for TV. Literally any piece of shit can easily get 85%, 95-100% scores are very common and if it's less than 80% you know it's really bad.
>>
>>82389278
>Is Gotham good?
I jumped after season one. Couldn't stand it. Think I'm out on Supergirl too and Arrow. Only got The Flash left. Pretty sad bros.
>>
>>82389278
Gotham is fucking fantastic, but you can't look at it with serious glasses. It knows it's based on comic books and just rolls with it, so all sorts of shit happens. Though I must say that the first season is not as good as season 2 have been so far.
>>
Why is RT held so highly as it does on this board
>>
>>82389394
Saw lost girl with a 79 in Rt
Decided to watch it on Netflix
I never felt so disappointed in a series in my life
>>
>>82389420
Fuck, I hate the CW (And its sister networks) so much

Their shows are so bad. And its even more infuriating that their shows have lots of potential. The Flash is literally their only good show
>>
yeah its great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVY2KwagyGE
>>
>>82388960
only had one good episode and that was when the White Martian came to kill MM. Even the Flash cross over sucked
>>
>>82388960
Its not bad especially after J'on shows up. I will I will admit the show was a little to preachy in it's early episode, but it gets a lot better. It's pretty obvious the only people ragging on it haven't actually watched the full season
>>
File: fighting for freedom.jpg (108KB, 523x780px) Image search: [Google]
fighting for freedom.jpg
108KB, 523x780px
>>82389495
They shoulda used that outfit in the thumbnail desu

or Linda Danvers supergirl
>>
>>82389394
For the most part, the people who review certain tv shows are going to be fans of those shows. And almost no one reviews tv shows.The most reviews any seaon of Walking Dead has is 37.
>>
WHY SUPERGIRL

WHY ISNT SHE CALLED SUPERWOMAN
>>
>>82389477
Are...Are you hating on Lost Girl, bitch

You wanna get cut
>>
File: kenzie.gif (811KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
kenzie.gif
811KB, 500x519px
>>82389477
I loved it for this cutie. and all the girl-girl kissing
>>
>>82389573
>stuttering on the internet
go back to tumblr
>>
>>82389571
Because Cat named her, and fighting Cat on anything is a pointless battle
>>
>>82389601
Not using capital letters and proper punctuation. Go back to elementary, please.
>>
>>82389668
The grammar nazi meme ended years ago, redditor
>>
its better than Flash/Arrow/LoT
>>
>>82389746
lowqualitybait.jpg
>>
>>82389571
I hated that line. The creators missed the point of the name, Cat was on point with how it doesn't matter, but it did. See originally Supergirl was not an adult, so Superwoman wouldn't make sense, Superman was called superboy when he was a teenager. It is like the creators are looking for invisible patriarchy to complain about.
>>
>>82389595
That was the only thing this show had was the babes
>>
>>82389845
I wish the asgardian ended up with Bo
>>
>>82389328
I think it has surpassed Arrow and The Flash in recent weeks. Its always been better than Supergirl.

I hate to sound like some dumb ass anti-SJW, but the show got the reviews because of its about women. Simple as that.
>>
>>82388960
Rotten tomatoes isn't accurate for television shows.
>>
>>82388960
RT has pro DC bias, everyone knows that
>>
>>82388960
The story is LoT tier.
Later episodes try to limit "muh girl power" stuff but it's still there.
>>
>>82389420
Shit taste right here. Gotham is literally incredible, and Flash has been Arrow-tier this whole season. That whole shit with building the whole season on the mystery of who Zoom was then dropping the ball on it? Unreal.

>>82389328
Are you retarded? Gotham is the best of the lot. It actually has character development and plots as opposed to references like CW shows.

The only complaints people have is "not muh Batman" and "I can't handle character driven shows."

Gotham is a drama in an insane comic book world. CW shows are CW shows with comic memes. Netflix shows are poor attempts at HBO dramas with halfhearted attempts at comic book names slapped on.

Of all of them, Gotham is the only one that has anything unique to offer to its source material.
>>
>>82390260
Only whenever Ally McBeal is on camera. Everything else actually gets pretty good after episode 5, except the Flash crossover which is shit
>>
File: 56566013_p2.png (193KB, 580x583px) Image search: [Google]
56566013_p2.png
193KB, 580x583px
>>82388960
Since I don't see any one post that I can "this".
Supergirl starts off fairly weak. It starts off being with some heavy-handed "girl power" and the black "James Olson" will make you take a step back out of surprise. The effects aren't perfect, and the plots are pretty simple, all adding up to something that you will either like, be passive towards, or it will utterly put you off on it not being the show for you.
However, as it progresses, it does become something that doesn't hurt to watch. For the most part, it's fun and light-hearted, and on its way to finding it's stride, once it gets to Martian Manhunter, it starts doing some out of this world stuff, and while I know somehow there are waifufags about the actress, I think she pulls off Supergirl really well.
It's really a show that rewards sticking with it, and if I had to rank it among the other cape shows, it'd be above Arrow, and between LoT and Flash, but still in its own camp. Not perfect, but still interesting and enjoyable to watch, if you let it be.
>>82389278
Then with Gotham. Absolutely, is it good. It's hardly a superhero show in the same sense as the CW shows and Supergirl, but, in its own right it's absolutely wonderful as you go through it, being a great treat for people who are willing to have a little fun with their darkness. Another show that really rewards the people who stick with it. I don't know why people feel that you have to shit on it to like everything else, or you have to shit on everything else in-order to like it, but it's a good show to watch, and has moments that'll keep you at the edge of your seat. If I had to compare it among the other shows, though, I could argue it's better than all of them, but it's hardly even the same genre, so it's apples and oranges, and shows like Flash and Supergirl delivered more on the "fantastical superpowers" aspects that I enjoy seeing and generally get hyped for.
>>
>>82390356
That's the problem though. People don't want to see Penguin and Riddler without Batman. We want the goddamn Batman.
>>
>>82390499

Speak for yourself, I normally find solo Batman stories kind of boring, but the whole totality of the Gotham mythos and how it fits together in this series is goddamn fascinating to watch.\

I wish the guy portraying Gordon was a stronger actor, but the rest of the cast is the best of any DC series right now.Especially the kid playing young Bruce, I can totally see him growing up to be Batman, even though I didn't like him much in the first season.
>>
>>82390387
>gets pretty good
No, it doesn't. Just because MM shows up it doesn't make the show better.

Also thing with Cat is satire, the main source of 'feminist' crap is Alex.
>>
>>82388960
It gets pretty OK with a couple nice moments.
>>
>>82390404

For me, Gotham is far and away the most true to the comics of any of them, so I don't see why people feel the need to shit on it for, and let me paraphrase, "butchering the Batman mythos." Every major villain that appears feeds directly into their comic personas, and those that don't are explicitly said to be legacy villains. The only other recurring complaint people offer is that Bruce is training in Gotham instead of leaving the city he's tied to train with ninjas for a decade.

Gotham is good because we don't start with the characters existing as myths in the city from the start. Instead we see the toots of how all that started, and it all develops as if it were comic book in its own right.

I think people became too attached to the "Batman creates his villains" plot to accept that Batman would not exist in a vacuum. Hush had Batman being inspired by Alan Scott; superheroes that aren't Bruce exist outside of Gotham, and Arkham is always an old establishment.

Gotham in the comics was not a healthy city that Bruce poisoned; it was sick when he started. Gotham's about watching the house of cards that kept Gotham even close to sane come tumbling down until Batman is born.
>>
>>82390499
>>82390556
I still wish the series was more Gotham Central, rather than Batman without Batman, where all the villains are twenty years older and doing shit before the kid can even clean his parents blood off his face.
>>
>>82390826
>Hush had Batman being inspired by Alan Scott

I really hope the CW isn't doing the JSA because it'd be fucking cool to see Alan show up just as the owner of a media/telecommunications company in Gotham.
>>
>>82390571

And even then Alex, in the later part of the season at least, isn't too overt about it. She pushes herself so hard because she wants to live up to her dad's expectations and be there for her sister, not necessarily "lol I'm going to prove all those silly men wrong".

And Cat's fucking hilarious, incessant celebrity namedrops aside.
>>
>>82390571
It genuinely does. I just watched the whole series, and I went in expecting to hate it.

There are plots like her aunt being a mirror image of Zod; Kara's aunt was on Jor-El's side and actively trying to save Kryptonians from the disaster, while her mother was actively working against them. The entire crux of the first season is that the villains want to use humanity to help save everyone, human and alien alike. Everything with MM and even Toyman deals with family and betrayal too. Hell, by the end of the season people actually die and Kara gets shown that she can't save everyone.

It's a much better show than the first episodes let on. It's damn sure a better Superman show than Flash s2 is a Flash show. Don't even get me started on Arrow.
>>
>>82389465
Appeal to Authority fallacy

the whole fucking site does it
>>
>>82389148
This. I'm in it just for MM at this point. I skip any ep he's absent.
>>
>>82390865
The first season was Gotham Central, with a mob war B-plot.

Do you know what happened? Everyone complained about villains of the week. They STILL complain about them even though the show barely has non-recurring villains anymore.
>>
>>82389023
Mediocre is a 6.

Learn how Rotten Tomatoes works.
>>
>>82390571
Except that's literally false. The show portrays Alex as a jealous overprotective busybody, not a feminist idol. She makes mistakes constantly, like when she literally murdered Kara's aunt who was trying to redeem herself.

>>82391024
Cat is awful. The Lois&Clark Cat was much better; Supergirl constantly portrays her as a strong rolemodel, then occasionally tries to portray her as a sleazy JJJ type. She's antagonistic and bitchy, then everyone praises how good she is. It's terrible.

You can have a character who is sleazy and still make them fun and likable. Not everyone has to be idealized.

My least favorite Cat moment was when she takes Kara to the bar and tells her that "women have to work twice as hard" and shit. Like, come on.

>>82391227
He's really good. What pissed me off is when something happens to him later in the season, and everyone's pumped to find him, and then the Flash episode happens and everybody acts like a caricature of themselves.
>>
>>82388960
yes, after the 5th episode. The second half of the Livewire episode is good too.
>>
>>82390556
This. I will never understand why people get mad about Gotham
>>
>>82393228
Not muh Batman or Not gritty enough

There's a reason the only people you ever see criticize the show will only say something like "ughhhh it's the worst thing ever!" without any real criticism
>>
>>82390556
>wish the guy portraying Gordon was a stronger actor

Don't agree, he's doing an amazing job so far. I feel like the writing dumbs him down sometimes and it kinda pisses me off but that's really not Mckenzie's fault in the end.

I can say he was weaker in the beginning of season 1 though, but that always happens before they get used to the character.
>>
>>82388960

best ironic comedy i've seen in years!
>>
File: 1458331356293.jpg (139KB, 690x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458331356293.jpg
139KB, 690x1080px
>>82388960
There is only ONE good episode. It's the Red K episode.
>>
>>82393228
its boring
>>
>>82395871
I love him too. He's in this constant state of rage.

>>82397402
That one's pretty good. It's actually pretty uncomfortable to watch how thoroughly she fucks her life up.
>>
File: 1460849569353.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1460849569353.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>82397508
have you literally ever seen it? Gotham is a lot of things and boring is never one of them.
>>
>>82389465
Opinions don't matter, but if my opinion has a number then it must be objective. Unless the number doesn't sync up with my opinion.
>>
>>82397676
His gun was in his hand, but when she went to kick it the gun was on the floor.
?????
>>
>>82397780
When he drops it's on the floor where she kicks it, when she's walking to him it's in his hand, when she kicks it it's on the floor where he dropped it.

Obviously the scene called for it to be kicked out of his hand but she kept kicking his hand. The only good take of her walking to him was when it was in his hand.

That or the editors suck and the show is filled with continuity errors.
>>
>>82398075
>>82397780
further proof that gotham is the shittiest cape show
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.