[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People complain about Doom not being like his comic counterpart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (1MB, 892x1266px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 892x1266px
>People complain about Doom not being like his comic counterpart
>People love Zemo even though he's not a Baron, a different origin, different motivations and has no costume.
>>
>>82382930
The movie was good so they let things not being 100% accurate slide
>>
>>82382930
The Captain America video game revealed that his grandfather was pretty much true to the comics though.
>>
>>82382930
Better than the original tbqh
>>
>>82382930
people like a well done deviation that still keeps the tone of the original
>>
>>82382930

His line about patience and experience was Zemo to a T.
>>
People now understand that movies are different from the comic.
Also FF was sh!t.
>>
>>82382930
Doom was nothing like his comics counterpart in character. Zemo was exactly like his comics counterpart in character (at least, the best version of him). Shit was like a fucking orgasm for any long-term thunderbolts fan.

And the thing is, they didn't even close off him being a Baron, the HYDRA origin. All of that could still happen in a later film, it's all open. His motivations are exactly the same as the original motivations for Zemo - revenge for my dad.
>>
>>82383938

He basically called HYDRA a bunch of useless faggots in the movie though. Connecting him to it now would seem pointless.

I feel like the shelf-life on HYDRA in the MCU is done. I know they're basically the COBRA of Marvel but at this point any and all menace is gone and with Zemo having no connection for them at this point it might be better to just retire them.
>>
Zemo moments in his movie:
>Weird obsession with the Cap, down to commenting on the color of his eyes
>Scene where he fucks up Bucky psychologically
>Sympathetic motives
>Insane roulette wheel plan
>Gives the heroes a false lead
>Tricks the heroes into doing his dirty work for him
>Disguises himself as somebody else
>Doesn't need to even raise a hand to fuck everyone up
>Views HYDRA as a means to an end and nothing more
>Relies on his own iron will and determination to see things through
>Shit-talking 'did I really lose?' finish

Doom moments in his move:
>????
>>
>>82384021
Not a lot of people have seen this movie in the US yet and I expect this to be a theory once it hits big there, but to me it is completely plausible that MCU Zemo is the son of Hydra head Heinrich Zemo. Zemo comes from a place we know Hydra leaders had established bases. He's familiar with/able to work out Hydra codes. Some of his comments hint towards a Nazi/Hydra upbringing, even though he doesn't seem to believe it himself.
>>
His motivations and origin are basically same though.

I mean, it's like saying Spider-Man's origin is different because he has been bitten by a genetically altered spider instead of a radioactive spider.
>>
>>82384064
Doom moments in his movie:
>THERE IS NO VICTOR ONLY DOOM
>>
>>82384180
but then how would he have radioactive blood?
>>
>>82384253
Listen bud
>>
>>82382971
>The Captain America video game
>canon
Excuse me?
>>
>>82384112
Zemo had even less to do with HYDRA than the Red Skull in the comics until very recently, and that was a dumb decision. Zemo doesn't need to be HYDRA in the MCU either, especially when they're pretty much done with the it.
>>
Actually I complain about Zemo too.

BUT I admit that this version works really well.
>>
Doom is the most important marvel villain ever

Zemo is just a shitty c-lister villain that never had any significant appearence in any media other than comics which no one buys or read anymore, not even /co/
>>
>>82384581
His dad was well in with HYDRA though. And HYDRA could be a route to breaking him out of prison. He doesn't need to work with them.
>>
You know why OP.
>>
>>82384253
His best part is quoting Ghostbusters apparently
>>
>>82384673
there was literally just an event that featured him anon.
>>
>>82384253
That literally makes no sense - he's just saying his last name. It would have worked if they kept his name as Domashev and had Doom as a nickname he resented
>>
>>82382930
>different motivations
Eh. Not really. They got the core of the character down right.
>>
>>82384828
His best part was shit-talking astronauts, but forgetting why most scientist don't go to space. Seriously, Victor von Doom should know this shit.
Points for him proving people right by fucking up immediately after they stepped on the planet.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 267x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 267x550px
>>82382930
I like the role Zemo played in the movie, but it didn't by any stretch need to be Zemo, why not use someone like Dr. Faustus? He has more of a "non-physical" threat thing going, his background plays into manipulating people psychologically and he has more of a "family man" look to him. It wouldn't really make any difference to audiences, Faustus and Zemo are equally obscure to them.
>>
>>82385068
I think Doctor Faustus was used in Agent Carter
>>
>>82384949

>Victor goes on the space trip

>Sue stays home and gets hit with an alien energy fart when they come back

FUCKING BULLSHIT, FUCK YOU TRANK
>>
>>82385095
But was he ever used in something canon?
>>
>>82385124
Agent Carter is canon faggot
>>
>>82385068
I see what you mean. Something cool they could have done was made him Red Skull's ancestor instead.
>>
>>82385068
>>82385181
Both of these sound awful. It was a good Zemo. It was fine that it was Zemo.
>>
>>82385199
How is it any different at all just calling the character Shmidt or Fennhoff instead of Zemo? All it changes is that it frees up Zemo for later use.
>>
>>82382930
So we never got this costume. Can Disney even do good MCU movie villain's anymore.
>>
>>82384673
Bait.
>Major Villain in EMH
>Thunderbolts episodes in Assemble
>>
File: UJ0NqiJ.png (158KB, 360x502px) Image search: [Google]
UJ0NqiJ.png
158KB, 360x502px
>>82385290
Forgot pic.
>>
>>82384673
>It's a "I don't read comics, therefore nobody does" post
>>
>>82382930
Doom was a shit character (all three times), Zemo was a good character.

There, you have your answer.
>>
>>82385297
MCU faggot not that animated trash.
>>
>>82384064

Zemo was what Luthor should have been
>>
>>82384785
>His dad was well in with HYDRA though.
No he wasn't. Heinrich was never HYDRA.
>>
>>82385358
This is some of the laziest bait I've seen in a while, could you at least put in a little effort?
>>
>>82382930

Becsuse they sick to the essence of what Zemo is.
>>
>>82385124

Carter is the most canon of the tv shows.
>>
>>82385266
>All it changes is that it frees up Zemo for later use.
But so did this movie.
>>
File: cute2.png (511KB, 412x570px) Image search: [Google]
cute2.png
511KB, 412x570px
>>82384064
>didn't know anything about Zemo before seeing Civil War
>expected him to be just another villain like Crossbones
>turns out he is the absolutely based highlight of the finale

Now I can't wait for more Zemo.
>>
>Unironically liking a character that wears a purple sock on his head
>>
>>82386338
It's more of a ski mask.
>>
File: ltjmedrPjt1r0l55eo1_1280.jpg (124KB, 873x281px) Image search: [Google]
ltjmedrPjt1r0l55eo1_1280.jpg
124KB, 873x281px
>>82386338
>purple
It's magenta.
>>
>>82388781
>Hawkeye wearing a mask of the same color
>>
>>82388844
Yeah, but his has a huge capital H on it.
>>
>>82382930
You can't take shills seriously OP
>>
File: lpa98xxMdP1r0l55eo1_r1_500.jpg (92KB, 444x537px) Image search: [Google]
lpa98xxMdP1r0l55eo1_r1_500.jpg
92KB, 444x537px
>>82388844
What's important is that at least it's not colored pink.
>>
>>82384064
I would like to add that his mannerisms where quite surprising. I was expecting him to act like another generic "smart" calm villain, but he actually acts quite human. His face and voice are far less held back and are more angry and bitter, but also a tint of hopelessness.
This isn't some grand villain with a super-clever plan to take over the world (although his plan was clever). He was a bitter, angry man who's lost everything he loved and is now on his own, no longer caring about other people's lives or even his own.
I mean, that moment when he repeats that message from his wife only to delete it and you realise that she's dead...ouch, man
>>
I'm kinda curious about how a Thunderbolts movie would turn out. Zemo in the movie is a pretty serious and grounded character, and I'm not sure how the character in Civil War and how the actor BrĂĽhl could work in future films under a different director. I mean, Gunn has expressed interest in directing a Thunderbolts movie, but I can't really see his style being a good fit for the Zemo in this movie.
>>
>>82385290
Wait for Phase 4, anon. It'll happen.
>>
>>82388781
Magenta is purple.
>>
>>82384888
It's kind of ironic that people made such a stink about the name change, when he ended up being Doom in name only anyway.
>>
>>82389646
Magenta is red.
>>
>>82382930
How is he supposed to drink that glass of red wine?
>>
>>82384581
>they're pretty much done with the it.
>done with Hydra
>done with the organization whose schtick is being nigh impossible to take down

Right.
>>
>>82389747
With a mouth
>>
>>82385367
This, people forget that in the comics HYDRA was a post-Nazi group made by Strucker and that both Skull and the Zemos scoffed at it.

Them being in HYDRA feels weird, even Nicieza doesn’t like the idea of Helmut leading HYDRA.
>>
>>82384064
Oh yeah that eye color comment was hella gay.

Hopefully we have a Cap 4 somewhere along the line with Evans and Bruhl.
>>
>>82382930
Watching Civil War, playing the AA ios game, reading Tbolts and Standoff and wow, I have to say no one can agree on Zemo's personality and motives.
>>
>>82391181
Classic Thunderbolts Zemo is pretty much the definitive take as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>82391181
He changed a lot in the latter half of Classic Thunderbolts and then got nuked hard by Bru and others.

If he hadn't been so pricey I would have bought him in AA :(
>>
>>82382930
They wasted his name on some OC.

It's not optimal, but it's not a big deal either.
There's a difference between wasting a C-list villain and wasting Doctor Fucking Doom.

Come back to me when they completely changed everything about Thanos and we'll talk.
>>
>>82382930
Would it really have killed them to put him in this outfit at some point?
>>
>>82391843
That is illegal because of Germany's laws
>>
>>82382930
I think his characterisation was pretty damn good though I think making him Sokovian was sloppy. I assume they just did it to avoid having to give yet another backstory in the film.

To me if they'd kept him as German then it would have brought the plot full circle. The film is about the aftermath of superhero actions, and Zemo's lineage is a direct link to Captain America's role as the first such hero.
>>
>>82393534
Germany has laws against people gluing socks to their faces?
>>
>>82385266
This establishes Zemo as a guy who can fuck shit up.

More likely, it establishes Zemo as a criminal who can repent in the Thunderbolts film.
>>
>>82391181
This is very true.

>>82391843
This is probably close to what you'll get if they ever do it. They confirmed he was slavshit massacreforces at one point so they can do a tacticool suit with a purple ski mask. No psionic blocker or yellow gloves though, I suspect.
>>
>>82382930
Its literally okay when marvel does it
>>
>>82384673
That's every MCU character
>>
>>82391385

I don't think I will ever stop being pissed at Zemo's character development getting fucked over and and ignored by Brubaker and Remender so that Zemo could go back to being Red Skull: Purple Sock edition.
>>
>>82394422
He lacks Red Skull's sex kinks
>>
>>82394464
What are Red Skull's sex kinks?
>>
>>82394422
I know, right? Spencer can fuck off for saying he appreciated the character for his nuance and then doubling down on that shit.
>>
>>82382930
It's ok when Marvel does it. I remember when people were defending product placement in Ant-Man while simultaneously lambasting it in other movies.
>>
>>82382954
When have things ever been 100% accurate in the movies? Yet people continue to have such a stick up their ass about it and I really don't get it. It's like some weird need for the movies to validate the comics and vice versa.

If a movie captures what I consider the spirit of the characters and stories they're based on, and is still enjoyable in its own right, then I don't really mind if a few surface details get changed in the transition.
>>
>>82382930
No two writers seem to be able to agree on Zemo's character. His typical attributes are that he's got family issues and antagonizes the Avengers. With that in mind the movie version was a good take on the character.
>>
Consider this: MCU fans would literally defend Galactus being a cloud
>>
>>82394842
Consider this: the MCU would not depict Galactus as a cloud

If they have the balls to make Giant Man, Groot and Rocket Racoon a reality do you really think they'd shy away from Galactus? But please bear in mind that when the MCU has gotten close to doing that sort of thing (having the Avengers fight hundreds of CGI Ultron drones and Chitauri drones for example) they have gotten their fair share of criticism even among fans.

>DC apologists will literally accuse MCU fans of being willing to defend Galactus as a cloud
>>
>>82394842
Why would he be a cloud in the MCU? We've already seen Celestials.
>>
>>82394842
Oh yeah, cause wasting Galactus by making him a generic doomsday monster with no agency is the same thing as tweaking a character's background to fit an alternate universe so you can use him again later.
>>
It felt great to have a villain wrecking the heroes like that with just his cunning, no superpowers, no weapons, fuck, a regular guy with a gun or even a knife could take down MCU Zemo, yet, he fuckedthem up harder than a God and a super AI
>>
No pink, no sale
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.