[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the progression of this show these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 90

File: Steven_Universe_logo.png (80KB, 800x304px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Universe_logo.png
80KB, 800x304px
How do you feel about the progression of this show these last two years?
>>
I enjoyed the first season, but have found the second to be increasingly disappointing.

However, I understand that the majority of the fanbase here sees things differently.
>>
>>82187578
What progression?
>>
>>82187642
Plot, characters, motives, etc.
>>
File: ocbl.png (208KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
ocbl.png
208KB, 640x384px
Hold on, that's a tough question, I need to think on it.

I'll get back to you in August of 2018.
>>
They introduced Peridot as a CG at the right time. Character development was getting redundant by Sworn to the Sword and the team needed new blood to create a whole new combination of character interactions.
>>
>>82187578
What progression? The only thing I remember is hiatus.
>>
>>82187642
Oops I thought you asked "what's progression?" Has it really felt like a stand still at this time?
>>
>>82187682
So none then
>>
I wanted it to remain episodic instead of plot driven. Was hoping Jasper and Lapis would never be heard from again, Peridot might return in a one-off episode - the magic would remain a backdrop to the quotidian. The show went the opposite direction - every small detail became a plot point, the quotidian became a backdrop to the magic to the point that folks erroneously call those episodes "filler."

I still really like the show - it managed to go the opposite of the direction I hoped for while still keeping me interested. I do hope it reels the magic/alien/space stuff back in some though. Or we get more humans/Beach City/Greg at least.
>>
>>82187578
There's no villains. If this show wants to improve, add some villains on Earth for the Gems to fight before they take on the Homeworld
>>
File: Susie.png (139KB, 387x467px) Image search: [Google]
Susie.png
139KB, 387x467px
>>82187760
I guess you're right /sug/ does flood the stream most of the time.
>>
>>82187818
Fucking this to me it feels like CG gets easily distracted
>>
>>82187578
Good.

But slow. So slow. So hiatus.
>>
You mean the last 12 or so episodes?

I enjoyed them, mostly
>>
>>82187578
Rate 'em

>season 1A (gem glow to ocean gem)
>season 1B (house guest to jail break)
>season 2 (full disclosure to message received; includes the shorts)
>season 3 (log date 7 15 2 to ?)
>>
Made a vocaroo earlier but may have posted it in the wrong thread since I can't find it.

It's exciting to have made it this far. I can't wait to be all caught up.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s10HkMXOfo9x
>>
>>82187578
>>82187682
I like a lot of the characters, but in terms of motives and plot direction its clearly lacking. I guess you could blame the constant hiatuses', but still, it doesn't help when the only thing the fandom has to discuss is theories about stuff vaguely hinted at and waifus.
>>
>>82187760
because SU is a cartoon and this is a comics and cartoon board

INB4 just make a board for the show like MLP, its no where near as gigantic as it, and it doesnt have much in the ways of other mediums like toys and other merchandise. the only thing they share is the tumorous growths that is their fanbases
>>
>>82191502
>the only thing they share is the tumorous growths that is their fanbases

that's sorta the point of a containment board.
>>
>>82191542

and those were banned. look how great that went.

honestly the current ineptitude of CN's higher ups are somewhat indirectly to blame for this as topics become stale without new material and devolve into shitposting. maybe just one general opened whenever there is new info to discuss and such, so there arent 50 su threads asking questions/topics that can all be answered/discussed in one single thread.
>>
>tfw Connie will never shit on your face
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (42KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
42KB, 400x462px
>>82191663
>scat fetish

>>>trash
>>
>>82187578
I'm apathetic towards it.

I don't care the redemption of Peridot, or even Peridot's character.

I was hyped for Yellow Diamond...until I actually saw her.

I just

I just want this shit to be over already
>>
File: sexy-peri.png (177KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-peri.png
177KB, 1000x1000px
>>82191830

>I don't care the redemption of Peridot, or even Peridot's character.

but what about her body?

>I was hyped for Yellow Diamond...until I actually saw her.

same. but when life gives you lemons

>I just want this shit to be over already

it'll only be half over when steve bomb 19 hits in 2034
>>
they need to hurry the fuck up and release the next episodes, we know they have them done, they just keep pushing it back more and more. whats the deal?
>>
>>82192064
They actually just moved some of them up, though?
>>
The first season have a shitton of episodes while the following season(s) don't/will not takes me back to when cartoons like Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, etc. did similar sorts of things (i.e. your first season would be like 60+ fucking episodes but the seasons after would be like ten to twenty-something episodes long).
>>
>>82192465
they at one point had stated they were going to air in may, all info on this has been retracted.
>>
>>82192575
May 12 is the confirmed return date, there has been no retraction.
>>
This is for all you motherfucks to have a chuckle at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9prJfNT4E
>>
>>82192839
zone is a gift to this world
>>
>>82187818
I feel like the show achieved this dynamic feel to it, at least partly, when Peridot was still a villain trapped on earth. The problem with Steven Universe is that literally everyone eventually gets a shot at redemption, even the acid spraying bug from the first episode. It's a theme that is deeply ingrained within the entire plot that ultimately makes for a lack of suspenseful/meaningful conflict.
>>
>>82192970

i give a pass to the centipeedle considering that we dont know if it's a homeworld gem or a rebel.

all corrupted gems have the potential to be a crystal gem if steven ever gets his healing spit kiss back.

imagine homeworld goes full on army invasion after the cluster fails because the big lemon gets salty that its still alive, a good 50-100 homeworld gems come in start fucking with beach city, they approach the temple and boom: every gem that was bubbled in the crystal heart room comes out of the temple and clashes with the HW army on the beach a la 300 style. the HW army has to retreat. but now the diamonds know that earth is no longer a lingering nuisance but a growing threat. the threat of a full scale assault requires the CGs to bring the fight to home world lest the fight be brought to earth. steven now needing to cope with his new found position as rebel leader as they prepare to build ships to homeworld, storm the diamonds, and overthrow the diamond authority.
>>
Did that drawanon ever post the pic of Jasper in a wedding dress?
>>
>>82192970
>The problem with Steven Universe is that literally everyone eventually gets a shot at redemption

There's been Peridot, and that's it. You're crazy to even think Centipeedle counts.
>>
>>82193204
Anon, that is literally the one defining character trait for steven/rose. Every single time that the crystal gems want to smash something to bits and ask questions later, Steven stops them and asks to give said thing a chance. Sure you could argue that he keeps the crystal gems grounded that way, but it leads to a lack of satisfying action scenes/conclusion to said action scenes.
Not to mention that the crystal gems have literally said things to that effect.

>Your mother saw the good in all things.
>>
>>82193112
That scenario is essentially what I'm banking on. I'm in it for the long haul.
>>
>>82187578
I remember being disappointed that Rebecca Sugar left Adventure Time to make what was basically Chowder with magical girls. Then, Ocean Gem happened. From that point on, I kept my eyes pealed, and by the end of the first season, the show finally reached the heights I'd dreamed it would.
>>
>>82193280
>Every single time that the crystal gems want to smash something to bits and ask questions later, Steven stops them and asks to give said thing a chance.
When? He didn't do that for the Giant Eye in the Sky, he didn't do that for that changing gem monster he and Connie took out (that's happened 3 times btw),he didn't do it for the invisible gem Sadie took out, and he didn't do it for the bird(albeit he didn't have time to)
>>
File: ByFjhIKCMAAZUki.jpg (39KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
ByFjhIKCMAAZUki.jpg
39KB, 482x720px
>>82191130
Brit anon is about to start the week of sardonyx. Should be interesting to hear this reaction haha.
>>
>>82193355
not same guy BUTT

giant eye in the sky was not a gem, its was a machine. thats like showing sympathy for a webcam irl.

both the giant worm beast him and connie took out as well as the invisible gem had their gems put in the room, He was only able to work with centipeedle because it made an effort to come out in a non hostile form. Centipeedle made an effort to not be as corrupted as before.

And the bird was super hostile, there would be no reasoning with it, it was too far gone.

Steven as did his mother sought to help those who could be reasoned with. So the gems who can speak and think rationally to some degree, steven will try to reason with them, but if they are in beast form and too far gone the most they can do is keep their gems safe until they can find a way to help them. Its not like they are destroying their gems and throwing them in lava.
>>
Alright I'm going to try summarise what had been said so far:
-slow plot development
-lack of remaining villains (because the ones we got so far are or get redeemed)

Personally I don't mind either so far.
If one big event after another big event continuesly happens, it wouldn't give you time to breath and process what is actually happening. I'd lose my hype because these actiony moments would become such a normal thing to see. Now I'm extremely eager to see all of it getting real soon. Waiting for when it will happen makes me thirsty in the good type of way, because I'm certain this show has some major things planned out (it drops so much hints about lore). The thirst would be less thrilling if a show doesn't seem to have any direction going. Like maybe it could get some action happening but it never implied it's part of the stories development. I think the biggest reason why everything feels mostly slow, is because of those forsaken hiatusses. They're pretty random and inconsequential, taking you out of the flow of this show.

As for villains, I think there will be more of them and those probably won't get redeemed. Starting of with the diamonds. I'm willing to bet those won't get redeemed and thanks to Peridot’s shenanigans they got their complete focus back on the earth. The leaked video of Barn Mates is a pretty good indicator of that fact. Once they realise sending drones won't be enough, they're probably going to send some minions to deal with it etc. (That's probably also when the action of the show is going to increase a lot). They need the original homeworld trio to be redeemed in one way or another to give the CG a better chance to fight back against a homeworld invasion and also to have a healthy and continously refreshing dynamic between the main characters.

Tl;Dr I'm a pretty patient person who's willing to wait for it
>>
>>82191130
Aah great I was afraid I would miss one because I needed to go to bed (did you go on all night btw?) Ooh man the next bunch of episodes are one heck of a ride. Starting of with the week of Sardonyx which especially your favorite will get a difficult time (like she doesn't enough). And soon after that week a pretty big story arc will be set into motion, shaking up the status quo for sure in the most fantastic way (I'm still smiling about it)
>>
>>82187578
Having recently watched a bunch of episodes with a friend, the progression feels really weird.

I didn't notice watching it as it came out, since the episodes are so far apart most of the time, but there's a huge shift from "occasional plot/heavy emotion" to "every episode needs plot/heavy emotion" The first few episodes really feel out of place, like the show was didn't know what it was about or what it wanted to be.

It's a mixed bag; on one hand, I don't want 10 more episodes of "Frybo" and "Together Breakfast", but on the other I feel like the show is doing exactly what made everyone lose interest in Adventure Time
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 557x605px
Not sure really it's gonna take years to Finnish if they keep going on like this tho
>>
>>82193714
Don't worry, even if you miss one there are a few anon's here like me keeping the links and posting them every once and a while.
>>
>>82193743
Thanks man, I just love listening to him and I don't want to miss out on anything
>>
>>82193737
>on the other I feel like the show is doing exactly what made everyone lose interest in Adventure Time

Season six is what killed AT, but Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Rick and Morty getting popular at the same time didn't help either. Lot's of things happened that led to a not so popular AT. Fortunately the newer episodes are pretty good.
>>
>>82193737
People lost interest in AT because it didn't commit to plot points. And whereas Finn's became a beta as time went on, the opposite's happening to Steven.
>>
>>82187578
Had a casual interest in the show and watched it whenever I could, but the cancerous fandom ruined it for me. I'm apathetic to the show now.
>>
File: themoreyouknow.png (248KB, 615x447px) Image search: [Google]
themoreyouknow.png
248KB, 615x447px
>>82193789
>>82193823
Huh. Pic related, I guess.

Lemme rephrase: I feel like SU is trying really hard to push LORE and PLOT and #THEFEELS and it's going to stop being fun and comfy forever
>>
>>82193828
come on dude

How do you let people dissuade you from liking something.

It kinda sucks to hear that. For me the only people I talk to about the show with are my friends so I guess it could be different for me.
>>
>>82193852
I think it's trying to escalate the plot, given how bare bones they explained in the beginning and how little we still know now I don't have that much of a problem with it.
>>
>>82193886
Like I said, I've got mixed feelings on it. I like the plot, but with the reveal that Super Watermelon Island is going to be Malachite focused instead of a fun adventure with the watermelon Stevens, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic for plotless feel-good fun times.
>>
>>82193938
The leaked episode list seem to show some titles which go much into the direction of SoL episodes like Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service, The New Lars and Restaurant Wars etc. I personally have some preference to the episodes that are more plot heavy, but I enjoy SoL as well so I'm looking forward to those too
>>
Wish they could have done more
>>
>>82194259
Even the slice of life episodes feel weird. Sadie's Song could've been fun, but instead we needed another emotional breakdown. The last fun episode I can remember is Joy Ride, and that was over a year ago.
>>
File: black pearl and regular pearl.jpg (248KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
black pearl and regular pearl.jpg
248KB, 750x750px
Who is best Pearl.
>>
File: 1460659140463.jpg (357KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1460659140463.jpg
357KB, 1916x1076px
>>82187578
Pretty good.
>>
The team behind Steven Universe is going to have get their shit together real soon.

A fatigue will definiely happen if they continue to take 6 month breaks between episodes. They should only be risking 2 month breaks from here on out.

Season 5 should be Steven Universes final season as well. Wrap up that show before it burns out.

That said, i fucking love it, but fatigue is a real thing that happens with prolonged breaks.
>>
>>82194861
>being exhausted from longer breaks

...I don't think you know how rest works, anon.
>>
>>82194861

To be fair, this is the longest hiatus the show's ever had, by far. I'm hoping this was just fuckery due to the full-swing promotion of the PPG reboot, and that things will be more normal from here on out. Sugar's comment on a new character appearing "in the fall" gives me hope.
>>
>>82187578
It's gone pretty good, can't wait to see what it'll have I'm store for the future.
>>
>>82194861
>A fatigue will definiely happen if they continue to take 6 month breaks between episodes.
The production line never stopped since they started, dude
They've been wrapping one episode per week up since they started, CN is currently sitting on about 25 finished episodes that they refuse to air
>Season 5 should be Steven Universes final season as well.
Season 5 is just the final part of season 3 prior to CN deciding that seasons are now 26 episodes instead of 52
It's already written down to the final episdoes and should start the midpoint production wrap-up in june
>>
>>82194905

>Sugar's comment on a new character appearing "in the fall" gives me hope

Please be Jasper joining CGs, please be Jasper joining CGs, please please....
>>
>>82194967

She seemed to be suggesting a completely new character, but that's still something like 15 episodes in Summer of Steven for that to happen.
>>
>>82187578
It's okay, but the story feels slow. They took forever to get to yellow diamond, they're taking forever to deal with the cluster, they're taking forever to deal with Malachite. On the other hand, this is probably mostly because of the ungodly hiatuses they're taking CONSTANTLY. It's hard to remain interested in a story when you have to wait six months between episodes. It feels like they just put off the show longer and longer, it might as well be cancelled. Not to mention that, after this hiatus, they're probably just gonna go back to doing fucking nothing. They don't even do full 22 minute episodes, and it's not like the art is all that involved or complex. It's several months of waiting for far too little of a payoff.
>>
File: 1461508269403.png (235KB, 746x596px) Image search: [Google]
1461508269403.png
235KB, 746x596px
>>82187774
>hoping Jasper
>would never be heard from again
Screw you, there are so few big muscle ladies in cartoons, we can't afford to lose this one
>>
>>82187578
>itsfuckingnothing.jpg
Webcomics move faster than this garbage.
>>
File: tumblr_o61ckeMo7N1v09g78o1_1280.jpg (125KB, 732x618px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o61ckeMo7N1v09g78o1_1280.jpg
125KB, 732x618px
>>
File: 3.jpg (72KB, 732x585px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
72KB, 732x585px
>>
File: 2.jpg (65KB, 732x615px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
65KB, 732x615px
>>
File: 4.jpg (62KB, 732x655px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
62KB, 732x655px
>>
File: sardonyx.png (599KB, 1280x1036px) Image search: [Google]
sardonyx.png
599KB, 1280x1036px
>>82193714
>>82193743
>>82193764
Aw, thanks. This is tremendous because I watched the episode before I saw these comments and I just had to make one now before I nipped off to work. Going to try and stick to the schedule I set for myself.

If so, I should be able to knock this out within the next 2 days. I know it got announced for it to come back May 12.
>>
File: drunk pearl.png (1MB, 1277x718px) Image search: [Google]
drunk pearl.png
1MB, 1277x718px
PARTY IN THE BURPS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-A8DAbSqo4
>>
>>82195373
Nice, can't wait to hear you talk about it! Also I posted this yesterday and I wasn't sure you had seen it already

Extended intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rhgcPmWPOA
>>
File: tumblr_o3knhmyvT31uidkfyo1_1280.jpg (163KB, 1280x1229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3knhmyvT31uidkfyo1_1280.jpg
163KB, 1280x1229px
>>82195462
>>
File: xj0GQgp.png (239KB, 530x385px) Image search: [Google]
xj0GQgp.png
239KB, 530x385px
homeworld was a huge letdown for me, and peridot's character was ruined. i'm still invested but the newer stuff has been kind of meh.
>>
>>82187626
This is exactly how I feel.
>>
>>82196327
>Homeworld was a huge letdown
>Peridot's character was ruined
>Newer stuff has been kind of meh

wow...just wow
>>
>>82196327
This pretty much sums up my thoughts but the opposite
>>
>>82187626
>>82196441
Why?
>>
>>82195220
What's wrong with it?
>>
The CG needed new blood so introducing Peridot was a good idea, but Perifags were a bigger mistake then Pearlfags.
>>
>>82196675
>this spoonful of faecal matter is worse than the Buffet table of diarrhoea because i have to chew it.
>>
>>82191830
You act likes it killing you.
>>
File: image.png (45KB, 523x322px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45KB, 523x322px
>>82187578
SU is run by nu-males.
>>
>>82196774
wat

You need to work on your analogies.
>>
File: 1443305623677.png (158KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1443305623677.png
158KB, 401x401px
>>82187642
Kek
>>
>>82187578
Reminder that Gravity Falls will always be the better show.
>>
>>82187578
Worst show on tv, let alone cartoon
>>
>Progression
What, you mean new songs and crying scenes?
>>
>>82196844
This. Adventure Time is a much better show than this.
>>
>>82196652
I was the anon with the very first response.

It's not easy to put into words; it's more something that I just feel. Quite simply, when I watch a newer episode of Steven Universe, I don't enjoy it as much as when I rewatch some of the older episodes from season 1. This mainly has to do with the level of the quality of the writing, but also the quality of the storyboarding.
>>
>>82196854
The storyboarding quality, and I'll even say the writing quality, has significantly improved since the first season. Just compare Laser Light Cannon to any recent episode.
>>
>>82196853
This just further proves it >>82196799
Nu males and feminazis are the worst thing to happen to the world
>>
>>82196851
That joke is so old, SU has made fun of it.
>>
>>82196898
And yet here they are making cartoons for children.
I hope Sugar and her crew die.
>>
>>82196854
The older episodes were awful
>>
File: 1438102518477.png (406KB, 706x429px) Image search: [Google]
1438102518477.png
406KB, 706x429px
>>82196922
That's a slightly sad pipedream anon
>>
>>82196844
Why do you post here then?
>>
>>82196938
there is no limit to a capefag's ire
>>
>>82196925
How? The older episodes didn't have an agenda to push.
>>
>>82196905
He's not wrong, though.
>>
>>82196950
oh it's the agendafag
but hey if you like boring monster of the week episodes, eat up that shit my friend
>>
>>82196932
How so?
>>
>>82196854
As an addendum, I will say that my views are pretty well expressed by this guy >>82187774

Also, as >>82196925 suggests, it seems to me as if the composition of the SU fanbase (at least on /co/) has changed greatly over the past year, and that most of the people who are on the ride now, so to speak, were late-comers. Which is not to knock them, but it would explain the difference in taste
>>
>>82196958
The last episodes didn't even have that much crying and singing.
>>
>>82196986
So basically, you wanted SU to be an "average" cartoon, so to speak.
>>
File: 1460655676877.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
1460655676877.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>82196986
Whoah nigga, I was here from the start, don't be referring to me as a latecomer

Different people have different opinions, don't lump all in one side or another, that's just sophistry
>>
>>82196980
>Threads talking about a cartoon I don't like on cartoon board need to stop.
>>
>>82196854
Thats so fucking stupid, you just want them to do nothing with the ch araters they introduce? What is ths adventure tme?
>>
>>82196985
well unless you're some crazed killer, I don't expect there to be a mass shooting of everyone there anytime soon so
that's technically a pipedream
>>
File: 1438810511828.gif (676KB, 220x258px) Image search: [Google]
1438810511828.gif
676KB, 220x258px
>>82196980
Oh anon you poor child

Do you know what is coming?
>>
>>82187578
it's gotten better with narrative and plot. As much as people stroke over what the creators believe and things they put in the show they are surprisingly not lecturing a message or agenda.
>>
>>82187578
Requesting greedy Pearl in need of shekels
>>
>>82197057
You never know. SU has a lot of haters.
>>
>>82187774
>Was hoping Jasper and Lapis would never be heard from again

I can safely say this would piss off a lot of people
>>
>>82197070
Oh really? No agenda pushing?
>>82196799
>>
>>82197067
A movie?

That actually might be the best thing. Every cartoon that gets a movie has always been a flop and an end to a show except spongebob
>>
>>82197067
What? 1000 pound landwhales with neon hair?
>>
File: 1438076889902.png (598KB, 650x980px) Image search: [Google]
1438076889902.png
598KB, 650x980px
>>82197102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgoyUxo61Vg

4 weeks baby
>>
>>82197130
Anon we don't need to know about your Shadman fetish or how you like pierced buttholes
>>
>>82197102
New episodes are coming. Imagine this, the past 5 months have been the show without any new episodes. When this fucking show gets new episodes shit starts flying all over the damn board. It's really quite marvelous to watch.
>>
>>82197135
Goddamn Pearls nose has gotten bigger
>>
>>82197135
Glad to see CN is finally getting rid of SU.
>>
>>82197130
Keked
>>
>>82197160
Your ire is, as always, palpable
may you shitpost till your hearts content
>>
>>82197178
This is exactly what Toonami did with Beware the Batman. SU is dead.
>>
>>82197204
>till your hearts content
>>
>>82197160
it's been green lit for another two seasons
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-renewed-season-5-cartoon-network
>>
>>82196986
>you couldn't have been on the ride from the get-go to think season 1 was mediocre
that's some strange thinking anon
>>
>>82197226
>not knowing it wasn't really greenlit
>not knowing that UG was cancelled not long after
The delusion is delicious.
>>
Aah dang the shitposter is back. Just ignore and report him people
>>
>>82197204
They did this with Regular Show anon
They also did this with Adventure Time three times now.
Hell Teen Titians Go had a month long mega event of new episodes last year.
>>
>>82197248
You kind of have to wonder what kind of person has to keep up this facade
>>
>>82187578
>progression
The show progresses about 5 episodes in a span of 7 months.
>>
>>82197248
pretty much this
remember that's what made /co/ a good board was we didn't feed the stupid, let him say his retarded bait report, hide, and keep the talks flowing
>>
>>82197273
blame cn
>>
>>82197262
And look where they're at now.
>>
>>82197262
anon just don't talk to it

it's the same contrarian who edges up every thread in a predictable fashion
>>
>>82197273
>>82197289
Blame Sugar.
>>
>>82197286
Guess you didn't actually go on /co/ when it was "good" (better is the only term that actually applies), this has always been one of the easiest boards to troll (wasn't bait back then son)
>>
File: Questionable.jpg (5KB, 161x251px) Image search: [Google]
Questionable.jpg
5KB, 161x251px
>>82197289
Honestly, I don't care too much for the show, but it's scheduling is both hilarious and eye-rolling to me.
>>
>>82197263
needing attention to get their mind off other things
wanting a fight something online that bad
liking the idea that you can upset people in a way that's usually you
underage that's board and needing something to kill time on

take your pick.
at least /co/ isn't like other boards where bait like this would get feed the whole time.
>>
>>82197331
don't forget how they leaked a bunch of shit

cn is a team of monkeys
>>
>>82197286
So susan test, bread, etc just didn't happen?
>>
File: 1338239788944.jpg (88KB, 900x898px) Image search: [Google]
1338239788944.jpg
88KB, 900x898px
>>82197354
We don't talk about the dark times anon

We don't ever relive those nightmares
>>
>>82197353
They're doing god's work really. They're stamping out SU's influence.
>>
>>82197312
We would, but then her fanboys would come to her aid.
>>
Damn this nigga be throwing all their bait into the ocean
>>
File: 1337347319966.jpg (6KB, 249x217px) Image search: [Google]
1337347319966.jpg
6KB, 249x217px
>>82197367
gay
agenda
>>
>>82197377
I honestly do hate her fans. Why are they such white knights?
>>
>>82197331
I miss cartoon cartoon Fridays or Saturday morning cartoons always being new episodes
This shit they do is so random
>>
>>82197397
well no that's not exactly the dark times anon

like if you remember the George Clooney threads, you know ban evading tripfags are the worst
>>
>>82197263
Not that hard to think up honestly
At best it's a young kid that has nothing better to do than act stupid in a room because it grants attention and as such a passing of time.

Worse case this is a person that has such damage to themselves that shitting in a thread is enjoyable, meaning that they don't really have much of a positive life going on atm.
>>
>>82197377
What?
>>
>>82196925
What? The first few episodes sucked but after that they were consistently great (except most episodes where Lars was central). I enjoyed season 1 more too; the show is getting too far up its ass with melodrama. SU has always had dramatic and emotional moments/episodes but I'm not a fan of the direction it has taken. I guess I prefer it to be more episodic and lighthearted.
>>
>>82196843
I don't feel those two shows are a fair comparison. I started watching Gravity Falls and i'm likimg it very much so far but i can put it on the same page of Steven Universe. I love both for different reasons so i can't tell if one is "better" than the other. It's like saying burgers are better than videogames. It's unrelated.
>>
>>82197400
Don't go to a Con
They are littered with these spergs
>>
oh boy the bait-anon is replying to themselves

again
>>
>>82197400
Easy. They're made up of white cuckolds, feminists, and half-breeds who want more attention.
>>
>>82197431
I wish Sugar would come out as a lesbian. Let's see how many supporters she'll have then.
>>
File: 1395633962179.gif (30KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1395633962179.gif
30KB, 125x125px
>>82197353
>>82197312
That's just hilarious. Somebody HAS to want to kill it.

>>82197403
They switch "NEW EPISODE" days every month seems like, I'm sure they've hit every day of the week now.
>>
File: (me).jpg (32KB, 550x343px) Image search: [Google]
(me).jpg
32KB, 550x343px
Don't fall for the bait /co/
>>
File: rose tinted glasses.png (84KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rose tinted glasses.png
84KB, 250x250px
So how do you think SU's going to end?

My money's on -big endgame evil threat- coming to earth, Steven fusing with the population of Beach City and the years' worth of collected corrupted gems and a massive TTGL homage. I'm expecting a Rose-Steven internal dialogue scene and giant mecha Steven forgiving whatever the endgame threat is in its final moments.

They've already shown that they're not afraid to make shit an anime.
>>
>>82197437
That explains why Matt Burnett and Ian JQ work for her.
>>
>>82197403
A lot of that is thanks to how much self awareness we have now and how much the social structure has changed culturally.
Gone are the days where most of the US was off on the weekends.
>>
Do you think the shitposters are simply desperate for attention, or are they buttmad about the fact people still make the occasional SU thread on /co/?

Because this is just incredible.
>>
>>82197473
It will end with Peedee and Steven holding hands and disappearing into the light, forever cementing SU as the progressive show.
>>
>>82197464
you'd have to be pretty dense to not perceive when someone is sock-puppeting
>>
>>82197495
I wish I had that one image with Peridot looking disgusted at the dude's obvious posts to himself
>>
>>82197476
Pretty much.
>>
>>82197425
Am O the only one who doesn't find season that melodramatic?
>>
>>82197473
A while back I claimed there were two possible endings for SU: Evangelion, and Toppa Gurren Lagann.
I still stand by that.
>>
>>82197464
>>82197495
You do know referring to "them" secondhand still acknowledges their efforts, right?
>>
>>82197533
the only thing that comes to mind was the sardonyx bomb but other than that everyone's come a long way
and thank fuck steven doesn't scream his lines anymore like in season 1
>>
File: 23850923850839.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23850923850839.png
185KB, 500x500px
>What we really are...
>What we really are...
>What we really are.
>>
>>82197473
That is if the show don't get axed first and we get stuck with a cliffhanger season finale.
>>
>>82197554
you have to realize
It doesn't give them (You)'s and it helps others see the light

By taking the bullet you save the entire thread
>>
>>82197425
You say this but the last bomb was pretty light hearted, and log date is hardly a dramatic episode
>>
>>82197554
Yeah, but ignoring the dude in the gorilla suit pleasuring themself next to the stage doesn't seem terrible likely.
Better to point and laugh than argue with them seriously.
>>
>>82197473
If it gets a series farewell:

Good end: see a liberation of the Gem's home world, everyone goes back to the planet, somehow Steven is split from his gem, live from that and he can see meet his Mom and they all have a good bye as she leaves to rebuild the homeworld.

Bad end: Gems are brought to near extinction with only the ones on earth left alive, they make peace with it and start a new life on earth no longer as protectors because all major Gem threats have been removed. Greg/Steven gets some sort of farewell message from Rose for closer.
>>
I miss the fantasy reality thing. I hope it gets comfy again. So far all this homeworld stuff feels like artificial problem.

Oh well
>>
>>82197473
I wouldn't hold my breath for some grand scale finale battle
Sure the giant fusion fight was alright but at best it'll be like the gf fight
>>
>>82197614
>gf fight
man don't remind me
>>
>>82197585
apparently the creators stated they are against that. They might not get all the lose ends but they don't want to create a season that ends on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>82197473
FLCL way, Steven unwraps a lion licker and eats it's. First episode of him hating lion lickers.
>>
>>82187578
I feel like if they focus less on the filler plots the show would be great.

This Peridot arc has been really good.

But there are filler plots that are pure cancer.
>>
>>82197675
I hope the Lapis arc is okay
>>
>>82197558
He still does.
>>
File: historical friction promo.jpg (113KB, 1000x596px) Image search: [Google]
historical friction promo.jpg
113KB, 1000x596px
So I’ve been going through the entirety of Hilary’s promo art on Tumblr and noticed something. In most of these AU highschool gem drawings, a lot doesn’t seem to make sense (see Rose and Steven or Amethyst, Pearl and Opal all in the same room). However I feel like there still might be some hidden foreshadowing going on. For more than an year, both Peridot and Lapis are present in the promo art. But we’ve never seen Jasper before. Could this have something to do with her possibly not getting any redemption? I’m not going to bet anything on this, but I thought her absence is a pretty curious situation.

Also in pic related, the promo art of Historical Friction, we see Peri with normal hands and feet while this episode aired before Catch and Release

>>82197473
Yeah maybe something like that. I could see Steven act as some emulsifier, mixing humans and gems and form one giant planet size fusion
>>
>>82197691
not as much in season 1 after comparing 2 episodes side by side
>>
>>82197675
What filler parts? It's not a ducking anime.
>>
>>82197706
Nope. Still does.
>>
>>82197762
ok hellen
>>
>>82197607
You seem a bit contrarian.
But don't worry, there's still some SoL episodes here and there.
>>
>>82197675
>I feel like if they focus less on the filler plots the show would be great.
What do you mean by "filler plots"?
Generally each episode focuses on a character or a relationship. Other than Say Uncle, there haven't been any episodes that I would consider "filler".
>>
>>82197729
Not that anon but
I guess shit like shirt club RT/CS and sadies song is what he means by filler
They aren't hot springs tier of filler but they don't exactly progress anything
>>
>>82197799
They're SoL episodes. They don't progress plot but they do focus on character interactions and relationships. How is this so hard to understand?
>>
> SoL lovers liked house guest more than ocean em
> they liked sadies song more than mssage received
> they liked secret team more than the return
>>
I just want it to go full evangelion at the end and have Steven fusing with all the humans then fusing with all the Gems

Instrumentality
>>
>>82197853
No one is saying that and you need to learn grammar.
>>
>>82197853
What was wrong with Secret Team?
>>
>>82197853
No one liked Sadie song. They admitted the ameture writers wrote it
>>
>>82197919
They wasted a free pizza
>>
>http://www.movienewsguide.com/darker-steven-universe-arrives-may-malachite-rises-ocean-peridot-traitor/199190

Kek it so fucking obvious these people don't watch the show
>>
>>82196799
I dont even care. I just find it funny that if this show were genderswapped there would 100% be a token female character somewhere
>>
When are we gonna see a Gem actually get crushed?
>>
>>82198373
That would actually be a nice development, but that's not what SU is about, so never.
>>
>>82198347
The token male gem is Steven.
>>
>>82197604
If by "good end" you mean "bullshit asspull end"

Even JK Rowling wasn't so much of a hack as to bring back dumbledore (other than as a hallucination)
>>
>>82198373
>>82198403
I think it could happen. It would be a one-off thing and would be right at the end.

They might do a WoY thing and have a villain (probably not YD or the Cluster tho) who's shtick is that they're irredeemable and in the end they're forced to destroy the gem.

It wouldn't be violent or gory or anything, it'd be a disney death.
>>
>>82198442
Good point, i actually forget hes a gem, disgusting half breed that he is.
>>
For a plot driven shown I just felt when watching it that nothing really cool happend. Them being aliens was also less intresting then them being magic rocks to me with huge extinct structures all over earth.
>>
File: 1458882289459.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458882289459.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>82198203
>as he sinks in the ocean while riding a mini-submarine

Fucking lol
>>
>>82198203
The fuck am I reading. Poor writer...
>>
Its definitely better than any other plot drien show at the moment and hasnt really shit the bed as hard as grvity falls so its ok in my book.
>>
>>82198738
did Gravity shit the bed? I haven't watched an ep since giffany episode. I know it's over thought people were happy at the send off
>>
>>82198792
The ending was kinda rushed.
>>
>>82198840
>guitar cover of the theme song

Met my qualifications for hype
>>
>>82187578
Progression has been great, it's the greatest show ever desu.
I hope it last forever, like the Simpsons
>>
>>82198943
Don't you ever say that
>>
>>82196799
I don't care about SJWs or whatever but this is just pathetic
>>
>>82198969
I hope it lasts until you are a dying man
>>
>>82199332
Jokes on you I'm already planning to off myself in a year or two.
>>
>>82197830
>They don't progress plot but they do focus on character interactions and relationships

Just like a lot of Naruto's year of filler did
>>
>>82199681
This is true. That was like the only time Tenten actually did anything
>>
>>82199681
Go away.
>>
>>82191098
uh
>>
>>82187578
Too slow.
>>
>>82195335

>SIR

lol, I love that man

no h-homo
>>
>>82196501
I don't even agree but it's not hard to understand.

Yellow Diamond's introduction was done in a far sillier tone than what had been set up until that point.
Peridot's "funny alien" shtick was her whole personality in the last episode.
Season 2 had its fair share of weak episodes, moreso than season 1B.
>>
I feel like SU has been on the incline. That's my preference, of course, I can understand if people aren't feeling it, but damn, I am feelin it. With every episode I just come back happier every time. I think it's about it's exploration of larger plot elements, like the direction gravity falls went, and some might disagree, but plot like that is succulent as fuck.
>>
>>82187578
It has a problem of introducing a bunch of different plots then drawing them out for way too long. Every time something interesting comes up it just feels like a tease with important information only hinted at now and again, and unfortunately it never really results in a satisfying conclusion. Stupidly long hiatuses between episodes and the air time for each episode only makes it more unbearable.

A horrible side effect of this arises within the fandom, who either blow meager hints out of proportion or end up making their own cringey stories, characters and headcanons based on delusional misinterpretations of sub context, shoving it in everyone's face until the show proves them wrong.
>>
>>82196799
>hey i'm a fan i just wanted to know are there any male gems?
>GOD WHY DO YOU STRAIGHT WHITE FANS WANT OVERLY MUSCULAR POWER FANTASIES GOD FORBID WE HAVE SOME DIVERSITY!!!

Most of the people on the crew are whiny babies on social media. Thank God Sugar doesn't get involved in that shit.
>>
>>82201345
Matt Burnett is a complete faggot. Good thing CN has been making him look like an idiot at every turn.
>>
>>82201439
agreed there

>that time he announced steven universe was going on a hiatus until next year
>deletes those tweets quickly afterwards and then says he's "going off social media for a month for reasons"
>>
IT'S COMING BACK A MONTH EARLY

THEY FIND THE CLUSTER AND BREAK MALACHITE

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/25/11502352/steven-universe-in-too-deep-premiere-date

HYPE
>>
File: Kamille Thumbs up.jpg (136KB, 1440x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Kamille Thumbs up.jpg
136KB, 1440x1088px
>>82187578
>>
>>82201700
>linking to polygon
>>
>>82201700
You don't even deserve a Slowpoke meme image.
>>
>>82201345
Who else besides matt bitches about male gems?

Also I dont blame matt for getting upset. SU fans omline can be really annoying.
>>
>>82200918

You have a very negative outlook on these things. I personally enjoy seeing everyone's ideas and speculation, and even arguing over them to a certain extent. They don't have any bearing on the show itself, so why be so serious about them? At best someone actually manages to get something right, at worst the show proves them wrong and they can move on to something new. It's all just sharing fun ideas and interpretations.
>>
File: 1436969967511.jpg (211KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1436969967511.jpg
211KB, 960x1280px
>>82201851
Speculations and stuff is fun, but when 90% of the fanart and fandom discussion is just pure made up bullshit like delusional headcanons, gemsonas and AU "what if" shipping it becomes the same kind of insufferable mess as undertale, homestuck and MLP. The majority of people stopped talking about what actually happens in the show long ago, now it is about what they think should happen or want to happen, degenerating so far that some of it is only loosely tied to the original ideas which the show presented.

They never shut up about it either. I enjoy the show, but the fandom basically lives and breathes the show, a show with such little content for discussion and a rabid fanbase who will never EVER shut up about it can only go wrong.
>>
>>82202160
The fandom's gone 5 months without new content. How the fuck do you expect people to talk about things that have already been talked to death for so long? It's fucking obvious they'll start branching out and getting creative.
>>
>>82202189
>How the fuck do you expect people to talk about things that have already been talked to death for so long?
Heres an idea for a change, next time you run out of things to talk about, how about you just take a break from talking about it?
>>
>>82201700
I'm really happy that you're happy and everyone here is pretty excited but...

Please tell me you're joking when you claim to be the first to spread the news? Seriously we knew about this since Friday
>>
>>82202295
Most people take a break, you idiot. The people that are left after 5 months are the "autistic" ones that are too obsessed to let go.
>>
>>82202351
>The people that are left after 5 months are the "autistic" ones that are too obsessed to let go.
Gee, it's almost like they're the one's I'm talking about in my post. And don't go off and say "b-but that isn't everyone" because those same people contribute to over half of the fandom discussion and art.
>>
>>82202448
Literally every big fanbase goes through that stage. Try to find me one who hasn't. Again, you could just ignore that part of the fanbase and stick to the /co/ threads. It'll save you time and comfort apparently.
>>
>>82201345
Have you actually seen the posts demanding male gems? Matt's posts didn't come out of a vacuum.
>>
>>82194967
Calling it now, it'll be the bubbled gem in Lion's mane

WATCH IT HAPPEN BOYS, SCREENCAP THIS
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (95KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
95KB, 1280x718px
>>82202531
>Again, you could just ignore that part of the fanbase and stick to the /co/ threads

/co/ IS the autistic part of the fanbase, though.
>>
>>82202642
>I don't venture out of /co/
>>
File: 1428462711978.jpg (47KB, 500x600px)
1428462711978.jpg
47KB, 500x600px
>>82194967
My fingers are crossed that it's going to be a healed Centipeedle. The upcoming episode "Monster Reunion" just HAS to be about her getting healed.

Whoever it's going to be, I'm hype, b/c we are long overdue for a completely new gem waifu (other than the Diamonds, and the Pearls we saw back in January).
>>
>>82202711
>leaving my cozy space
>>
>>82202642
>he hasn't been to /trash/
>>
>>82202642
nah man
not even
>>
>>82202737
Insider for SU here

Centipeedle will be healed

The black lines that make it look like a pokeball will be removed when Steven repairs her

Her name is Jade
>>
>>82187626
I liked the second half of the first season more than I liked the second season. I liked how the first season kept things mysterious and slowly unraveled as the show progressed. Now it just feels like everything is spoon fed to us.
>>
File: mqePARY.gif (133KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
mqePARY.gif
133KB, 311x366px
>>82202801
Confirmed not Jade SOO long ago. GTFO NORMIE!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>82202806
>stuff is just spoonfed

example?
>>
File: 1457077180521.png (14KB, 519x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457077180521.png
14KB, 519x500px
>>82202801
Isn't it funny how insider info always matches shitty fan theories?
>>
>>82202801
Ok gonna bite
How is she healed?
>>
>>82202989
>Ok gonna bite
anon no
>>
>>82203033
I'm just bored and tired I need this
>>
>>82202989
Steven spit. Centi is accidentally released when Jasper freaks out in bubble room. Centi saves Steven is injured in the process. Steven uses Steven spit, and is healed.

>>82203033
>>82202935
>>82202899

Stay mad nerds :^)
>>
>>82196799
>Terrible evil space empire is all-female
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>82202931
Pretty much everything since Peri became a protagonist
>>
>>82187578
I got really hooked halfway through season 1 (Lapis), and am far more intrigued by the homeworld/space hijinks than I should be. The show really does feel like it's building up to something huge.

>>82197273
>watching Gravity Falls when it was airing
>SU was the more reliably released show

Shit is suffering, and I still wonder if it's production or CN.
>>
>>82201345
Hey, to be fair they reacted well the first thousands of times but when some fucking feminist asked about it on their Q&A section in the Comic-Con they got sick of it and then Matt posted that.
>>
File: Reminder.jpg (63KB, 943x189px) Image search: [Google]
Reminder.jpg
63KB, 943x189px
>>82196843
>>82196844
>>82196853
>>82196922
>>82196977
>>
Dear mister shitposter, please do 4chan, the SU fanbase, and society a favor and commit seppuku you twat
>>
>>82198792
they fucked literally everything up, every person that say they liked it just did because it was the finale
>>
>>82196843
This may be true for most of Gravity Falls, but no matter how Steven Universe ends, it will almost without a doubt have a better ending than Gravity Falls.
>>82196844
This is factually incorrect and you know it.
>>
>>82202642
wha-?
dude the only thing I hate about the /co/ fanbase of this show are the jasperfags and most people don't give a shit about them because they aren't as many. Apart from that every little cancer old /sug/ used to have is now on /trash/
>>
>>82196843
keep saying that to yourself buddy.
while you are at it keep saying that you had a good finale and it wasn't complete fucking shit.
>>
>>82203848
>x person is worse than y person
no
>>
>There will never be a Steven Universe x Rick and Morty Crossover

>Steven will never help Morty bring out his confidence
>Garnet will never teach Beth how to work out her relationship problems with Jerry
>Pearl will never teach Jerry what it means to feel useful and respected
>Amethyst will never party hard with Summer
>Peridot will never do science with Rick

>Mr. Poopybutthole will never ride around on Lion

Life is suffering.
>>
>>82198792
Most people are just happy that there was a generic, "everyone lived happily ever after" ending. However, the way it happened just felt extremely forced and rushed, along with the rest of the episode. The giant robot fight was kinda neat, but it was disappointing that it was the only thing Bill's friends did at all. Bill himself was obviously made far weaker than normal; this is the problem of having an omnipotent villain. Bill gets tricked by things he shouldn't have, but on top of that, he acts like a giant gorilla and goes apeshit when Mabel and Dipper decide to run off, even though there's literally nothing they alone could do to stop him. The big symbolic wheel that's been a constant throughout the series? Just some magic "weapon" to stop bill. Even so, the symbols on the wheel are literally just representative of what clothes the character is wearing. And then there's the resolution, where they kill Bill by trapping him in Stan's mind and erasing his mind, only to do the most embarrassingly generic resolution of showing him pictures and having his memory literally completely return without any drawbacks. Then, after that, literally everything great happens to everyone and everyone lives happily ever after. It was so over the top sweet and happy that it felt like a parody; I expected Bill to return at any moment, but nah.

It's not even that I hate the resolutions we got for the characters, but it's how the show got to those resolutions that was just appallingly lazy.
>>
I really don't understand how anyone can like this show. There is literally nothing good about it, not even decent. It tries so hard to be interesting, but fails miserably. The characters are all unlikable jerks, the animation is sub-par, the soundtrack is beyond bland, and overall it's just a ridiculous concept. You can crap on stuff like Teen Titans Go all you want, but at least it doesn't try to force any over-blown melodrama on the viewer. It knows exactly what it is, silly nonsense and nothing more.

Could anyone explain the critical acclaim this gets, because I'm at a loss.
>>
There should really be a rule banning shitposters from these threads
>>
File: 1439094909014.gif (473KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1439094909014.gif
473KB, 500x334px
>>82197544
I could actually see it go more along the lines of large-scale sci-fi novels, what with the hyper-advanced Gem civilization and all, but I'm aware that's more me being a fucking nerd than anything the show would do.

>you will never see a cartoon do a Foundation parody
>>
Alexandrite throwing down with Malachite should be cool. I hope she actually has a unique weapon and doesn't just fight empty-handed or use "all of them" like that one guidebook said.

I hope for a Kusarigama, it makes the most sense for a combination of spear, whip, and gauntlets.
>>
>>82204428
>he hasn't watched the leaks
baka baka desu senpai.
>>
>>82204428
You're kidding right?

You have definitely seen the leaks.
>>
>>82204428
>or use "all of them" like that one guidebook said.
You mean the official one written by the series' creator?

I mean, the leaks have already confirmed this beyond all doubt, but it's idiotic that you thought it would be something else in the first place.
>>
File: Garnet Angry.png (199KB, 682x382px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet Angry.png
199KB, 682x382px
We're missing the most important question.

NEW

EPISODES

WHEN
>>
>>82204832
4 weeks
>>
>>82204832
Dude there is a new promo and everything
>>
File: 6243853946593.png (230KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
6243853946593.png
230KB, 512x384px
>>82187578
I look forward to next three.
>>
>>82187760
Geez, sorry the comics and cartoons people actually come to this board for got in the way of your Loss edits and BvS shitposting. Kindly fuck off.
>>
File: 6720394753.jpg (45KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
6720394753.jpg
45KB, 736x552px
>>82204832
May 12th.

My birthday.
>>
>>82205195
Why the fuck are you replying to a hours old shitposter-kun post?
>>
>>82191663
Just dress like a street, then she can't resist!
>>
>>82205235
DESIGNATED
>>
>>82204272
Didn'tAlex say someone was gonna die? Did he just openly lie to the fans?
>>
>>82205286
GEM
>>
>>82204064
>peridot with rick
>not pearl
please kill yourself
>>
>>82205316
Pearl needs to be with Jerry because she knows what it's like to rely on and devote yourself to other people.

She'd sing "Strong in the real way" to Jerry

Peridot is just gonna call him a clod and tell him to get a job
>>
>>82203991
Why do you hate Jas fans?
>>
>>82205288
This too. He just flat-out lied about someone dying.
>>
>>82196843
Reminder that GF died in a multiple shark-jumper pile-up while SU's still brimming with ideas.
>>
>>82205362
everyone knows 'prick' is a thing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNJPsCDSqo

I got cabin fever it doesn’t make much sense!
I got cabin fever, My murdercock is tense!
We got cabin fever, we're posting our gemsonas
Been waiting on some word so long we’re earning a diploma

Ariba!
Chica chica boom
A chica chica boom boom chic
Chica chica boom
A chica chica boom boom chic

We got cabin fever we're sharing our OCS
We got cabin fever, we're glued to our TVs!

My art request is hanging by a thread!
Since we're going nowhere I've gone out of my head!
We were posting, posting after the latest Bomb
"An' now we're not, he-hey."

Grab your partner by hand
His Waifu a shit!
Do-si-do let em know
watch him throw a fit
Allemande left, allemande right
Ruby is a dude
Tell your partner he’s a fag
And post your favorite lewds

We got cabin fever
We’re all going nuts
we’ve derailed the thread
banned false flags
And now we’re posting butts!

Ach du lieber Peridoten de
(Yodel-lay-ee-hoo)
Yellow Diamond Lion theories
Und a Lazuli
(Yodel-lay-ee-hoo)

We were posting, posting, at a record pace
what a disgrace!

I've got cabin fever
I’m just about to flip!
I’d much rather talk about
my not quite canon ship!
Si!

I was sitting in my favorite streeeeaam
And watching episodes for freeeeeeeee
Now I only see it in my dreams!

Cabin Fever is ravaging our board
This general has morphed into a fetish waifu hoard
We were posting, posting, discussing lore and plot
And now that hiatus hit
We're fucking not!
>>
>>82197099
That's not from the actual show you fucking troglodyte.
>>
File: 1459440735719.jpg (191KB, 1280x1763px) Image search: [Google]
1459440735719.jpg
191KB, 1280x1763px
>>82197070
Most interestingly I don't see the alleged agenda in the show. The heroic rebels fight to have a heterofusion relationship against an Empire that allows only homofusions. The main heroine sacrificed herself to give her husband a son. The evil empire is a matriarchy, while the heroes worship a boy.
>>
>>82197437
>half-breeds
Fuck off, Umbridge, don't you have some teenagers to skin alive?
>>
>>82205649
How is that not an agenda? Does it only count as an agenda if it's liberal/progressive? Sounds to me like tumblr has been rused into supporting something that supports the opposite agenda
>>
>>82204832
When Yog-Sothoth eats the Sun.
>>
File: here, take this shit meme.png (28KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
here, take this shit meme.png
28KB, 1152x648px
>>82202899
>>
>>82205911
Because it still has men in women's clothes, fat women, gays, interspecies breeding, backtalking darkies...
>>
>>82204022
He's right you know.
>>
>>82187578
I don't like the homosexual undertones
>>
File: 1540540641.png (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1540540641.png
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>82206286
What are you? Gay?
>>
>>82206286
>>82206331
Probably Russian
>>
>>82204940
>Back when people thought YD looked hot.

kek
>>
>>82204832
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNSJXyMPEqE
missed this?
>>
>>82206380
I doubt that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VKK3-QCZxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huD_1lg6rWk

No one in their right mind would hate Lesbians.
>>
>>82204820
I was hoping that was just a placeholder since she didn't do any fighting in her first appearance so they didn't bother to think of anything cool.

And I try my damnedest to avoid Leaks.
>>
>>82206286
>not liking hot lesbo action
hey I would get it if they were dudes but in this case you are just being a fag
>>
>>82206829
Trust me, it's a lot cooler in action.
>>
File: Steven centipeetle animated.gif (93KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
Steven centipeetle animated.gif
93KB, 800x576px
>>82202737

I actually recently noticed something about Centipeetle.

Most of the major characters in the show have an instrument associated with them, that reflects their appearance and personality. Centipeetle actually has this too, although the instrument's a bit less well-known than most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cU85ucHouA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo1ybpCgfEY

Both of these pieces feature what sounds like a metallophone, an instrument most famous in the west for its association with traditional Indonesian music, as well as being widely associated with sacred Buddhist music. As an example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIZObNdJb0

I think that this may be some kind of hint as to what Centipeetle's personality will be. I'd personally guess either some kind of sacred role, or something wild/exotic, as so far every other instrument associated with a character has had a largely western background.

It's also worth noting that in Monster Buddy, the instrument stops being played when Centipeetle fails to take on a human form.
>>
File: 1460431388339.png (72KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1460431388339.png
72KB, 249x249px
>>82187578
In my honest opinion I don't think it's the next Mega XLR, Samurai Jack, or Sym-Bionic Titan, but people like SU so much because CN hasn't had one of those shows in years and people wish it was. All that aside I like some of the colors but the writing is god awful.
>>
>>82207278
the writing is pretty solid what you on about?
>>
>>82198373
We'll probably see nobody/background gems get smashed either during a war flashback or future big scale fights if we ever get them.
>>
File: jessica rick and morty.jpg (76KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
jessica rick and morty.jpg
76KB, 800x800px
>>82204064
>Rick will never tell the Gems how meaningless their existance as mass-produced automatons.
>>
>>82187578
I think there hasn't been much progression in these last two years and my faith is waning that we'll ever see season 3.
>>
File: 736987240523.jpg (81KB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
736987240523.jpg
81KB, 1920x808px
>>82207278
>the writing is god awful.
>>
>>82207278
>the writing is god awful
So you pretty much hate it?
>>
>>82207696
I like the idea of big reveals coming at us in small doses, makes us crave for more and gets us excited for things to come. I kind of lost interest in GF after the whole brother fiasco was over.
>>
File: 1384029839600.jpg (262KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1384029839600.jpg
262KB, 800x800px
>>82207278
>Breaking Pleb reaction image
>>
>>82207278
I'm not sure lad, I mean I really loved those shows as a kid and I admit that I started watching SU because of that reason but I've been enjoying this show more than... well anything!
I think it's my favorite show ever and I don't really know why but I just love it way too much
>>
>>82207866
its because of clever writing, great pacing, law and great characters and when you compare it to other shows on the network it looks even better.
>>
>>82207866
I noticed that everything in SU has, for lack of a better word, weight. Nothing in GF felt threatening, even the most obscure monsters understood popculture references.
>>
>>82207807
This so much
>>
does anyone have the in too deep reveal thread? I want to re-read it
>>
>>82208573
Yeah I saved it on my hard drive

Look it up on the archive you moron
>>
>>82187578
It's garbage and everyone who likes it should light themselves on fire.
>>
>>82208681
I cant find it bro, that shit is unorganized as fuck
>>
File: fug.png (24KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
24KB, 420x420px
>>82208120
>Nothing in GF felt threatening
>>
>>82207278
>In my honest opinion I don't think it's the next Mega XLR, Samurai Jack, or Sym-Bionic Titan
Look I love all of those shows very dearly.

But Mega XLR was an episodic comedy that happened to be very funny until the formula became too formulaic and then it ended before it got actually stale. Can't really compare it to Samurai Jack (which while episodic still has a heavy feeling), Titan, or even SU.
>>
>>82208573
This?
>>82110846
>>
File: ache_sketches.gif (120KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
ache_sketches.gif
120KB, 550x400px
>>82208718
>>82110846

http://desustorage.org/co/search/text/nxfgKw030Ak/
>>
>>82208120
You know, stuff in GF actually felt kinda threatening but it was just in concept because in the end they just gave us a "happy ever after" ending and nothing interesting happened at all, it was complete trash desu.
>>
>>82207955
good point, that, the songs and the fact that it feels more like an anime than a cartoon in some senses makes it great for me
>>
>>82207955
>>82207866
>>82207816
>>82207866
Fuck off, shill.
>>
File: 1459035244546.jpg (501KB, 1056x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459035244546.jpg
501KB, 1056x1080px
>>82209339
>thread dedicated to SU
>122 posters
>one guy desperately trying to convince everyone that GF was better

Who's the shill here, shill?
>>
>>82209410
I don't even like GF. But everyone praising it feels weird.
>>
>>82209447
You're surprised that people are praising a show in a thread about the show?
>>
Who cares which show is better? All that matters is if the show is entertaining or not.
>>
>>82206225
Thank you
>>
File: 1459833806689.png (285KB, 648x517px) Image search: [Google]
1459833806689.png
285KB, 648x517px
>Steven doesn't need air to breathe.
>>
File: 1436236095505.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436236095505.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>82195373
....forgot to include the bloody link

Thanks for the intro!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tV5ePfQcjj
>>
>>82210527
Welp I was about to go to sleep so this will be the first thing I will listen to in the morning. And no problem!
>>
>>82210527
>>82195502
Can't even quote right...
>>
>>82187578
The massive chasm-esque hiatuses are making it harder and harder to stay in the hype.
>>
>>82210527
>TFW feeding vicariously through your experiences just to feel something about the show
Fucking Steven Universe what have you done to me.
>>
File: Amalgam.png (29KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
Amalgam.png
29KB, 650x429px
>>82197473
>>
When are they going to go full GAS THE CRYSTALS, RACE WAR NOW.
>>
>>82191910
> but when life gives you lemons
No thanks i dont have stockholm
>>
>>82209947
Maybe he's becoming less Human and more Gem?

He's already effectively immortal, as Too Many Birthdays demonstrated.
>>
>>82204886
>>82206538
Radical, thank you.
>>
>>82205211
>2 days after my birthday
Fellow May fag
>>
>>82211613
How do you think all but 5 Crystal Gems got corrupted?

The Diamonds were like "Fuck it, keep your primitive backwater planet, we'll just put a giant superweapon inside it and douse it in mutagenic poison before we go, have fun Crystal Jerks!"
>>
>>82210527

Great as always, britanon. Can't wait for you to be caught up.

Do you still have the link for the one where you talk about sworn to the sword? I think I missed it.
>>
File: 1429340536684.png (24KB, 740x328px) Image search: [Google]
1429340536684.png
24KB, 740x328px
>>82213628
Sure, no worries. Assuming it's still in my history, which it should be because only wankers are afraid of someone else seeing their browser history.

Here it is.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0I2fkHafPkY
>>
File: Sad Meme - Copy.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Meme - Copy.png
16KB, 400x400px
>>82214437
>Tfw you will never know Britanon twitter or even know if he has one.
>>
>>82214437

Ah, thank you! Glad you liked Say Uncle as well.
>>
So uh, they ever getting back around to the corrupted gems and stuff.

Been like a year or something like that.
>>
>>82207256
But its also used here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPXFtXmp7os
>>
>>82215001
Obviously. There's just more pressing matters at the moment.
>>
>>82215056

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the timbre of that instrument sounds more wooden than the one used in Centipeetle-related things. If it is the same instrument, then that kind of supports my wild/exotic idea anyway, and it's not like instruments have historically been bound to a character only.
>>
>>82215308
Hmm they do sound more like they are made of wood, but I still think its the same instrument
>>
>>82215474

Well I guess we'll find out if they use it again when Centipeetle shows up and turns out to be Emerald please.

Since May IS coming up where the fuck is Emerald?
>>
>>82210527
any impressions for the extended intro? its very cute and a hype builder at the same time
also thanks for sharing senpai
>>
Pretty satisfied tbqh except I wish we knew more about Lion, Lapis, and corruption
>>
File: ss teven.jpg (54KB, 475x318px) Image search: [Google]
ss teven.jpg
54KB, 475x318px
It's been on hiatus for three years.
>>
File: 1461383415745.gif (2MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
1461383415745.gif
2MB, 540x302px
Does /co/ remember when Giant Woman first premiered?

Oh man,it was both a blessing and a curse.

Based Sucrose gave us the best fusion,but it lead to a deluge full of Deviantart tier gemsonas,shitposting,and was the very beginning of Sucrose's wild ride

Where were you /co/?
>>
>>82217716

I remember that's when I first started really noticing the threads lasting longer than a handful of posts on /co/, although AND THRUST is what really kicked things off, and Mirror/Ocean Gem sealed the deal.
>>
>>82195335
This guys flat out nailed the venture bros design.
>>
File: 1457189435660.png (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457189435660.png
55KB, 500x500px
>>82187578
It would be easier to say if CN wasn't airing episodes every couple of months. I wish they would either airing the show regularly or just cancel it already.
>>
>>82207278
>CN hasn't had one of those shows in years and people wish it was
You're acting like everyone has the same opinion.
>>
>>82219650
dogg, these episodes fucking take forever to make. if you dont want to watch it then fuck off. simple as that
>>
I liked Jailbreak.
>>
>>82187578
I think that nearly every character has shown progression. Just look at the gems, Amethyst is the best example. She turned from annoying bitch into loving/caring bitch. Shit like that.
>>
>>82192970
Dragon Ball did the same shit and y'all loved it so much.
>>
>>82222061
Except they've been sitting on pretty much the rest of the season for months now. They've been finished and ready to air for that long.
>>
File: 1437367335969.jpg (32KB, 608x639px) Image search: [Google]
1437367335969.jpg
32KB, 608x639px
>>82222069
I'm happy for you
>>
>>82214437
Finally go around to listen to your latest vocaroo and Pearl and Garnet's conflict are really well displayed. I'm not sure but I believe Ruby and Sapphire smooching has been censored in many European countries, at least I wouldn't be surprised if the did. They've done the same shit with the whole Rose/Pearl fusion.

And what were your thoughts on the extended intro? There's also a bunch of shorts you could watch by now
>>
1-2 http://vocaroo.com/i/s05l0uF1EvaI
3-4 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1mQ1JNuX3RY
5-6 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ivokxwIAns
7-8 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1EoJnjlOIxP
9-12 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uz8as9Os5z
13-21 http://vocaroo.com/i/s129wu4UlUOt
22-23 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0d7n01TGSf6
24 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1di6hRSlB8p
25 http://vocaroo.com/i/s02535vNTlcR
26-31 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gYISsbcNlM
32-34 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Mi1Q3vnOfk
35-36 http://vocaroo.com/i/s07kQZAw8JOF
37-38 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1IrC5fobyJu
39-41 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0XhQjcLmdfF
42-46 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1NLArOzhCjA
47-49 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1AFuVSfr9qp
50-52 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ybHVhHpMDB
53-54, 56-57 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OTKk2lZDOo
55, 58 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0I2fkHafPkY
59-62 http://vocaroo.com/i/s10HkMXOfo9x
63-64 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tV5ePfQcjj

All vocaroo's up to this point
>>
>>82223155
Thanks and nice dubs
>>
>>82191830
It's not a redemption, it's a perversion
>>
>>82224161
I'm sorry what. Explaaaain
>>
>>82205378
Bill Died. He technically doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>82222029
no they aren't
>>
>>82222740
Keystone Motel hasn't been censored anywhere.
>>
File: 1460442617926.gif (803KB, 364x205px) Image search: [Google]
1460442617926.gif
803KB, 364x205px
>>82187578
Too many hiatuses...

Going nuts..
>>
>>82226283
2 weeks baby
>>
>show about a new race of aliens that steven has no clue about
>greentext
>never asks them for stuff besides who yellow diamond is
>>
File: 1443799301871.png (259KB, 909x936px) Image search: [Google]
1443799301871.png
259KB, 909x936px
>>82193422
Another reason for my new giant fetish.
>>
>>82226254
Really? That's surprising. I mean to me that scene in Keystone motel was much more lewd and gay than the one in Lets Talk.
>>
File: 1447512980634.jpg (44KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447512980634.jpg
44KB, 1920x1080px
>>82226301
Thanks m8, have a warrior Connie.
>>
>>82196799
Nice out of context twitter post, my dude!
>>
>>82203848
Didn't someone win the lottery and pay people to shitpost in SU threads?
>>
>>82198572
Also, agenda pushing.
>>
>>82226336
Steven grew up around the gems. To them they're not strange aliens that break all laws of the mundane, to him they're just his family. And never to think about asking who they were or where they came from is like not asking what your parents do for a living. It's not usually what kids think about until they come to about the age Steven is now.
>>
>>82226884
>Didn't someone win the lottery and pay people to shitpost in SU threads?
...what the fuck?
>>
>>82199018
Matt Burnett in general is pathetic. He's the definition of an emasculated, castrated male.
>>
>>82201439
>>82201466
Why hasn't Matt been fired? He's a worthless white knight.
>>
Shitposter-kun is back in the thread. Remember to ignore him.
>>
>>82203972
No it won't.
>>
>>82204354
1/10 bait
Made me reply.
>>
>>82226979
Oh boy

>>82226992
>>82226974
>>82226955
Can you get banned or some shit already?
>>
Anyone have the screenshot of a shitposter who wastes his entire life on these threads.

I remember it had a picture of Lapis' face on it all like, "What the fuck is wrong with this kid".
>>
>>82206447
>Implying she doesn't look hot.
Kek
>>
File: Steven shitpost2.png (405KB, 1102x2097px) Image search: [Google]
Steven shitpost2.png
405KB, 1102x2097px
>>82227016

I've got three, but here's the Lapis one.

>>82226948

I don't have them, but last year there were some images with pretty damning evidence that someone was paying people to shitpost in SU threads. A lot of people think that's where shitposter-kun came from. Just a while ago there was a relatively inactive thread where no one took the bait, and he ended up replying to himself with the typical short, canned statements for hours.
>>
>>82227186
>three
What are the other two?
>>
File: Steven shitpost1.jpg (477KB, 1126x5060px) Image search: [Google]
Steven shitpost1.jpg
477KB, 1126x5060px
>>82227215

Ask and you shall receive.
>>
File: Steven shitposter3.png (529KB, 911x3010px) Image search: [Google]
Steven shitposter3.png
529KB, 911x3010px
>>82227370
>>
>>82227186
>>82227370
>>82227383

ah yes, immortalizing all his posts definitely won't encourage him to keep doing this shit forever, well played
>>
>>82227525
It'll raise awareness so people don't reply to him like idiots.
>>
>>82227525
to be honest though, i've shitposted in these threads a few times because i've been reading them for so long that it just feels like a shitpost...belongs in a certain place? if that makes sense. like if someone makes a "what's the worst cartoon ever" thread, somebody has to post "steven universe", it's just part of the natural order of /co/ now
>>
>>82227565
That's just inertia. It doesn't justify pushing us further into the shit.
>>
>>82227565
This. If you don't hate SU, you're not a part of 4chan.
>>
>>82227186
>>82227370
>>82227383
This is just the tip of the iceberg, isn't it?
>>
>>82228267
If you see a SU thread that goes lightning fast but the IP count is low and it's all shit you can be sure it's him samefagging.
>>
>>82187578
Is this on the level with the new PPG? /co/ says yes.
>>
>>82227565
So it begs the question how much of the SU hate on co is genuine or just for the lolz. I mean I love the show and I admit I shit on it in other threads just cause its easy to.
>>
>>82228364
It's genuine. I've seen people defend the PPG reboot more than SU.
>>
>>82228380
You're just fucking with us right?
>>
>>82228380
Where? Sugars tumblr?
>>
>>82228413
>>82228425
I'm not joking.
>>
>>82228413
Shitposter-kun is also famous for making shit up for replies. Just ignore him.
>>
>>82228380
Bro the people defending PPG reboot are trolling you.

SU arguments are a dead horse so you only see lazy bait threads about it.
>>
>>82227186
>>82227370
>>82227383
Autism preserved in time, like a mosquito in amber.

And just like a mosquito in amber, it's beautiful only when you don't have to experience the thing while it's alive.
>>
>>82228457
Not true. The hate is so genuine you can feel it. It's that way in the AT threads too.
>>
>>82228486
Now I know you are fucking with us. AT threads have been getting better lately. Flame Princess is making a return on the next episode. Shits been looking good at AT.
>>
>>82228380
shitposter-kun, you've probably written over 100 posts yourself mocking SU fans for being overly defensive of their show

don't be a modern sitcom character, sacrificing any sense of coherent characterization for the sake of convenient laughs/(you)s, at least stick to a consistent persona
>>
>>82228517
Why are SU fans overly defensive of their show?
>>
>>82228516
Then how come AT fans shit all over SU so much?
>>
>>82228587
Since when?

Most old AT fans turned into SU fans.
>>
>>82228643
New AT fans are constantly accusing SU of stealing it's fans. Same with GF.
>>
>>82228554
it's a vicious cycle
>show gets significant hype around internet after jailbreak airs
>"what is this shit i'm seeing everywhere, the art looks weird, why are people obsessed with this?" "i watched a few episodes, the main character is fucking annoying"
>fans' fear of the show getting a bad reputation
rush to defend it, they never learned to concisely make a point to they just gush words over anyone who questions its brilliance
>"man, the fans of this show are kinda nuts"
>zamii suicide thing happens
>"the fans of this show are REALLY nuts, apparently?"
and so on
>>
File: 1458236302563.jpg (596KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458236302563.jpg
596KB, 1920x1080px
>>82227383
I want those Peridot emotions please?
>>
>>82228767
>stealing it's fans
Jesus Christ can people not watch multiple shows?
>>
>>82229144
I don't think you understand what being a TRUE FAN is about.
Neither do I
>>
>>82228880
Why isn't Sugar ashamed of her fanbase.
>>
>>82230514
If you think she isn't you're delusional.
>>
>>82194884
It's counterintuitive, but just look at how Homestuck ended.
>>
>>82187578
go away tumblr
>>
>>82229122
Peridot looks a lot like Lemongrab in that pic.
>>
>>82230514
She became a recluse from her fans.
Zuke is on her way out too soon and the others get by with trolling or ignoring the fans.
>>
>>82230514
Ian and Matt do the shaming for her, though even they've repeatedly asked for fans to fuck off and stop bothering them with questions.
>>
>>82187578
>>
File: 08394712034928.png (59KB, 250x216px) Image search: [Google]
08394712034928.png
59KB, 250x216px
>>82187578
I like the progressing arc much more than the usual
>this thing happens
>and then something completely different and irrelevant happens in the next episode
>none of it mattered anyway
>>
>>82234448
Same
>>
>West gets a really good cartoon
>However the generation of people involved and viewing is completely riddled with SJW/Feminists
>The well made cartoon ends up being even more subversive and will raise an even worse generation accepting of mental illnesses, the destruction of their own race and never maturing
>>
>>82232771
Would she give up her tight curly hair covered snatch to someone who's as far from a fan as you can get?
>>
>>82232998
they're fine with questions that don't ask for spoilers, or aren't just thinly veiled bitching about hiatus
>>
>>82193852
part of what Ilike about the Stevenbombs is that they can throw in a simpler episode just about stuff going on at Beach City along with a bunch of plot episodes without people feeling like "what the hell, we had that big event last episode and we have to wait two weeks for the followup?"
>>
>>82187578
season 1 --> good/great
season 2 until the barn episode-->boring/bland
didn't watch the rest
>>
>>82230514
Were AT fans ever this bad?
>>
>>82187626
This is exactly how I feel. I really hope the show hasnt reached its peaked already
>>
>>82227186
>that pic
Misha's got a lot of time on his hands
>>
>>82237307
>boring/bland
Glad you stopped with watching because that's a shitty opinion you got there
>>
File: 1455895083285.png (330KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455895083285.png
330KB, 450x750px
it went from a smelly shit, to a different, but equal smelling shit
>>
File: 1455378707892.png (176KB, 505x697px) Image search: [Google]
1455378707892.png
176KB, 505x697px
>>82237927
What the limey fuck!!?
>>
>>82237885
Nice stock response
>>
>>82228517
>everyone who hates this tumblr-ass show is one person
>>
>>82236980
When will Trump make cartoons great again?
>>
>>82187578
>Episodes up to Mirror Gem / Ocean Gem
>7.5
>Mirror Gem / Ocean Gem
>10
>Episodes between Ocean Gem - The Message
>8
>The Message + Political Power
>7.2
>Return and Jail Break
> 9.5
>S2 episodes except for Friend Ship
>7.3
>Friend Ship
>7.8
>Episodes between Catch And Release
>8
>Peridemption Episodes
>9.7
>>
>>82197086
That's because most human beings like their stories resolved.
>>
>>82191663
>connie
>not the great and lovable Peridot
>>
File: 1443894719167.png (354KB, 774x692px) Image search: [Google]
1443894719167.png
354KB, 774x692px
Season 1 pre ocean gem was decent with some great episdoes like giant woman here and there, post ocean gem were a lot of good and great episodes. Season 2 as a whole i feel was kinda static since it revolved mostly around building the gems and their personalities/character, rather than moving the plot forward. The beginning of season 2 in particular was weak and slow. It got better though and episodes like Sworn to he Sword and We Need to Talk are some of the best in the series. The week of Sardonyx was pretty good, i actually enjoyed those two human episdoes a lot. Friend Ship was kinda a weak resolution what with peridot getting away for the third time but i can see why it had to happen.
Nightmare hospital was a good ep i felt, outside of connie's mom's questionable behavior. I don't hate Sadie's Song as much as others but i didn't really love it either.

Starting with Catch And Release though i felt the show's quality increased a lot. The episodes from Catch And Release to Log Date, to me, have been really great. It wasn't really peridot even. I just feel like the episodes have a more vivid tone. Episodes like Back to The Barn, Too Far and It Could've Been Great both move the plot forward and develop multiple characters at the same time. The humor has been a lot more consistent, the drama is still existent but isn't as heavy-handed as before and the story is moving. All in all i'm pretty satisfied where the show is and am excited for it to return.
>>
Is Lamar Abrams the Somvilay Xayaphone of SU?
>>
>>82193280
Okay but the SU writers are very competent. It would not make sense for them to characterize Steven in that way and not throw characters at him that aren't able to be redeemed. It might be awhile before we meet them, but it'll happen.
>>
>>82245028
i think starting with lapis there are going to be varying degrees of 'redeemed' that different homeworld gems end up at, and I'm hoping by the end of the show they'll have convinced everyone that redeemed/not redeemed was always kind of a lame, reductivist way of thinking of where the characters' arcs could go
>>
File: 1430073584517.jpg (1007KB, 1484x2158px) Image search: [Google]
1430073584517.jpg
1007KB, 1484x2158px
I just watched ep 30 online , where greenrock tells yellowrock to clob off and she gets mad . is that the newest episode or is there some place online to watch newer ones ? (i think 31 is watermelonisland)

pls help i want to see more
>>
>>82193298
>tmw when the finale is just everyone hugging out their anger.
>>
>>82248188
Nope, you have one more episode after that. Google 'log date 7 15 2 steven universe dailymotion' and you can find it online.
>>
>>82248188
they're 78 episodes dude
there a ton of webpages where you can watch it
my personal fav is http://theworldofstevenuniverse.blogspot.com
>>
File: aquamarine2.png (70KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
aquamarine2.png
70KB, 400x800px
>>82187578
>How do you feel about the progression of this show these last two years?
>tfw no perfect two-armed, two-eyed, liquid-limbed, water-javelin-launching, overprotective waifusion
Just terrible. We haven't even had any Pearlapis development at all. Aquamarine when?
>>
>>82187578
as someone who's been following the show since the pilot:

>The first 6 or so episodes are super rough and I wouldn't be surprised if this is what turned most people off from the series
>Giant Woman was the first really good episode
>as hype as the S1 finale was I don't think it was so good to exponentially increase the show's fandom like it did
>a lot of people miss the monster of the week format of the first half of S1 but it was never going to last, personally I'm fine with a show that is constantly moving the plot forward
>the scheduling has been fucked more than it has been okay

I just want more shows like SU, cartoons that are intended for everyone and have an ongoing plot and interesting characters
>>
>>82187578
a tad klunk in places but generally satisfactory
>>
File: jem05_cvr-mockonly.jpg (301KB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
jem05_cvr-mockonly.jpg
301KB, 2063x3131px
>>82249482
Speaking of Pearlapis, I'm really hooked on this whole Steven Universe x Jem and the Holograms thing I cooked up. Next one I have planned is Lapis and Pearl as Stormer and Kimber again, doing this.
>>
File: aquamarine2.png (71KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
aquamarine2.png
71KB, 400x800px
>>82251476
>Kimber holding pie
>Pearl does like pie
Truly outrageous poetry

Also updated pic for Lapisier hair
>>
>>82251821
Pearlapis would have the prettiest color scheme ever
>>
File: rough-aquamarine.png (216KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rough-aquamarine.png
216KB, 500x500px
>>82251961
Right?
>white, bright blue, bright blue-green, and copper
Aquamarine would really be pushing Lapis' angel motif to a new height.
>>
Also is tasteful rear nudity considered NSFW? I mean Steven had his butt out on a children's network.

pls no ban
>>
File: tumblr_o0wt3rGHyA1uxypzjo5_1280.jpg (127KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0wt3rGHyA1uxypzjo5_1280.jpg
127KB, 640x449px
>>82252100
While I can see Aquamarine as a potential thing for Pearlapis, don't you think it would be a bit more suitable for an opaque stone? I remember suggesting that Bloople x Lapis would be Hemimorphite; maybe Pearlapis would be Azurite? The stone is basically ultramarine blue malachite.
>>
>>82252392
Azurite has a lotta deep green in it. Wouldn't that be Lapidot's fusion?
>>
>>82252735
It's less that azurite has a bunch of green in it and more that, because it's related to malachite and chrysocolla so closely, they often grow together in the same veins, kinda like really pretty conjoined twins. Pure azurite looks like the other pic, azurite with chrysocolla looks like pic related.
>>
File: chrysocolla extra.jpg (136KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
chrysocolla extra.jpg
136KB, 400x401px
>>82252904
Actually, now that I think about it, Chrysocolla might actually be a better fit than Azurite, if only for the color scheme.
>>
>>82240941
>>82243641
>>82249868
I pretty much agree with these completely

>>82248188
I'm kinda worried now that you've only seen 30 episodes and obviously in the wrong order than. There's a total of 78 episodes (and a bunch of shorts)
>>
>>82239529
Usually
>>
>>82253394
The short about fusion that has Chibi Opal is the best one.
>>
So much progress, and it still can't escape the original sin that it's focused entirely on the worst character.

Pity.
>>
>>82197226
>>82197245
Hes right, the threat of cancellation is always there, never drop your guard.

That said, SU is one of cartoon networks current heavy hitters and they'd probably sooner cancel adventure time with its slipping ratings.
>>
>>82200909
Agreed.
Im enjoying everything more and more.
>>
>>82255464
Steven is not my favourite, but he's a great character who's done a lot of growing and is still getting better with each episode. Calling him a sin is ridiculous
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.