[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other than violating over fishing laws, what was so evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

Other than violating over fishing laws, what was so evil about this idea?
>>
>>82060914
Lisa didn't take the money. Her family could need it. She could used it for saving nature but not she let Burns have all the profits.
>>
who else would eat that slurry?
>>
>>82061557
Three of the applications I remember are housing insulation, an explosive, and an engine coolant. I don't think it was intended to be edible.
>>
>>82060914
MAKES LITTLE DEBBY LOOK LIKE A PILE 'A PUKE
>>
>>82060914
Potential mass extinction of sea life.
>>
>>82060914
Horrible damage to the ecosystem.

>>82061641
Burns scooped a spoon full of slurry for Lisa's stomach.
>>
>>82061524
Even if she didn't want it she could have donated it to a charity or something. But no she tears it up and does nothing with it because it's was never about Lisa actually doing good it's about Lisa FEELING like she did good.
>>
>>82061834
It's fish blood money.
>>
>>82061975
Yeah but it's more money Burnsmcan use to,fund his evil
>>82061834
Modern day slacktivist morality for you
>>
>>82061834
If Lisa took the money then her face would be on the product. Even if she didn't participate in the making of the slurry, she would have endorsed it. "Just taking the money" is still saying you support it enough to collect cash on it

Refusing it is the only way to fully say you're against what Burns is doing
>>
>>82062282

Burns wasn't paying her to be a spokesperson he was paying her because they where partners. She could have accepted the money and not had her face plastered on the sticker
>>
>>82062444
The fact remains. Saying "I hate everything you're doing, but pay me" is morally fucked up and cowardly

Lisa did the right thing
>>
File: Maggiebobobear[2].gif (29KB, 445x550px) Image search: [Google]
Maggiebobobear[2].gif
29KB, 445x550px
Remember when Homer turned down enough money to take care of his family for the rest of their lives so that the baby could keep her toy
>>
>>82062474
Yeah, she did he right thing by giving Burns some extra pocket money to spend on fur coats and blood diamonds. After all, money knows where it comes from and will refuse to be used to fund noble ecologically friendly pursuits.
>>
>>82062516
OP's episode I could almost buy. This shit however made me furious. Fuck, even MAGGIE is usually smarter than that.
>>
>>82062516
Remember that time Homer didn't throw fish guts on his friends and neighbors for a million dollars?
>>
>>82062540
Yeah, money is money

Not like starving African children or whomever would throw food to the ground if they knew it was bought with cash the donor received from immoral business

Maybe Lisa could 'afford' to turn down such money, but the kind of people who really need it for good purposes couldn't. Morality really is a luxury.
>>
Rememner that (predictable) time everything was lego! Haha, that was the best episode and not predictable at all and had good life lessons. Oh god i hate new Simpsons, pull the plug they're already dead
>>
>>82062644
Why don't you just not watch it senpai
>>
>>82062540
>>82062586
>Morality is a luxury
>>
>>82062666
Glad you agree, Satan.
>>
File: 1460928648375.jpg (345KB, 1369x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1460928648375.jpg
345KB, 1369x1497px
>>82062653
I actually dont, this was the most recent episode ive seen in years. Watched it with the family, who also dropped Simpsons years ago. Its just astonishing that they let Simpsons continue and become utter garbage (not just the eriying but the art as well) instead of ending it and making a new project or expanding something like futurama. Of course we all know the driving reason, its just a shame it had to be
>>
>>82062540
You honestly think 12 million means anything to Burns? He'll keep doing awful things even without that pocket change.

Lisa was trying to make Burns a better person. By accepting his money it just further cements the idea that he can buy and sell people.

You people are so fucking cynical I swear
>>
>>82062719
>Its just astonishing that they let one of the 5 most profitable media franchises ever continue
It's not even a bit surprising.
>>
>>82062725
>Trying to change a bitter old man's viewpoints (which it wont) is better than millions for charity
OK
>>
>entire episode is about Lisa trying to help Mr Burns back on his feet and make him a less corrupt human.
>"WOOOW why didn't Lisa abandon her morals for money?"
>>
>>82062725
>By accepting his money it just further cements the idea that he can buy and sell people.
He already thinks that. You just fucking said "He'll keep doing awful things even without that pocket change." The fact remains that Lisa could have done some not awful things with a few millions. Seeming like you do good isn't better than actually doing good.
>>
>>82062773
They're fucked up morals if they're that short-sighted
Personally, if an evil fucker gave me a huge amount of cash, I'd see the moral thing to do would be to put it to a good cause like Robin Hood giving the rich's money to the poor
>>
>>82060914
Really it was burns killing sealife. I doubt she looked past that. Continuing the whole bs from Lisa the Vegetarian.
>>
>>82062773
If her morals lead her to do nothing and help no one then they're shit morals.
>>
>>82062474
>The fact remains. Saying "I hate everything you're doing, but pay me" is morally fucked up and cowardly

He's not gonna stop because she's not there. If she really cared she'd have taken the money and put it to good use. She's not solving any problems, she's IGNORING them.

What she did was look the other way.
>>
>>82062817
They're lefty morals, feeling good about doing nothing
>Standing around making noise and liking the right Facebook articles is how we'll make a difference!
>>
>people are surprised that Lisa is a moralfag

If Lisa were to take that money, she would be directly profiting from the death of countless sea creatures. Anything she did with that money would be tainted with the blood of a million fish.

Irl, everyone in Lisa's situation would take the money, and any parent in Homer and Marge's situation would slap the stupid out of their kids and take that cash to set their family up for life.
>>
>>82062814
That's the same shit as "why does Batman not kill the Joker?"
>>
>>82062882
We're not surprised, just appalled
>>
>>82062882
>she would be directly profiting from the death of countless sea creatures
No one is talking about Lisa using the money for personal profit.

>Anything she did with that money would be tainted with the blood of a million fish
That's nonsense. The fish are already dead. The money is already there. Money doesn't care where it comes from all that matters from that point is how its used.
>>
>>82062773
"Money" is such a dirty word. I think "success" is more fitting.

Lisa had lots of information but never did anything with it. Burns is a business tycoon and put her knowledge to use, creating a cheap way to provide people with nutritious food. DESPITE THIS he offered her a cut of the money, which she childishly refused.

Remember that Lisa is like 7. There's no way she's morally superior to fucking anyone.
>>
>>82062904
Well killing irredeemable murderers IS the best way to stop them from ever doing so again BUT that's another thread hombre
>>
When Lisa gets handed a check, she rips it up
When Bart gets handed a check, he uses it to open a wildlife preserve in Lisa's name.
>>
>>82062871
It's not doing nothing

Her options are "aiding and approving of atrocious acts" or "refusing to take part or profit in them"
>>
>>82062954
She took part the moment she thought she could help Burns.
>>
>>82062974
>Teach a man about recycling
>He builds a gun out of recycled materials and shoots someone
>You're a murderer by proxy
>>
>>82062954
>"aiding and approving of atrocious acts"
Taking the money doesn't aid in anything. The money already exists. By not taking it its just going back into the pocket of the person who committed the atrocious acts in the first place. And again no one is talking about Lisa profiting personally but putting the money to good use elsewhere. By not taking it she's just allowing Burns to profit.
>>
>>82062954
Your options are short-sighted as fuck though
They should be 'let an evil old man add yet another fortune to this stockpile' or 'take evil old man's money and use it for good causes and people'
>>
>>82062990
That's what you get for teaching people to recycle.
>>
>I sell my soul to satan for a billion dollars so he can use to power his child grinding machine.
>But I use that money to better society! Who cares if I aided in horrible acts?
>Conscience is clear because morality is like math!
>>
>>82063028
Yes, and?
>>
>>82063028
Maybe if Satan had lost ownership of Hell, genuinely seemed to be changing himself and you had no idea of his intention to make a child-grinding machine with your soul this would be comparable

Also fish aren't people. Fuck fish.
>>
>>82063028
>I sell my soul to satan for a billion dollars so he can use to power his child grinding machine.
>Except I don't accept the money, so I don't end up bettering society
>Well, I guess satan can enjoy his new child grinding machine! I made the right decision.
>>
>>82063028

would you kill a person to save the lives of your family?
>>
>>82063028
Lisa's acceptance or denial of the money has no influence on the grinding of children. Both taking the money and helping others and denying the money and helping no one still results in ground up children.
>>
>>82063018
That the the real lesson of the episode. Never recycle.
>>
>>82062904
You mean rape?
>>
>>82062570
Yet he let Burns do it.
>>
>>82063028
>Better to let Satan keep that second billion, so he can fund an entire fleet of child grinding machines!

All that it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing. Lisa did nothing.
>>
>>82063309
Lisa isn't a man :^)
>>
>>82063309
Meaning as long as you are not doing good you are evil.
>>
>>82062935
And another time he used his lawsuit money to buy Bleeding Gums Murphy's album for Lisa

Bart is a much better person than Lisa
>>
>>82063028
Not apt. The more accurate example is>>82063069 as the evil factory has already done it's damage and cannot be stopped. Dumbass.
>>
>>82062474
Er, they still kept her face on it. She didn't do anything.
>>
>>82062790
You DON'T UNDERSTAND, SHITLORD! Making big gestures and feeling good personally is FAR MORE MORALE than actually DOING things that make things better even if it means compromise on a tiny level. Lisa is IDEOLOGICALLY PURE and THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!
>>
>I can't think of anything nice you've ever done for me!
>>
>>82063028
>I worked with someone who was Satan and he misused my personal likeness to brand his horrific product.
>He then gave me millions of dollars.
>Tearing up the money will do nothing but literally mean that he profits more and the factory making the horrific product will continue to operate.

She could have used the money to hire some fucking mercenaries or something to destroy the factory. Or even invest it and end up buying the factory and closing it down. Or so many other options that could lead to the factory being shut down and the harm (which still has her face on it) being ended.

But nope. Better to just tear it up and make Satan richer, using your analogy.
>>
>>82063028
>Option A
Satan gets billions of dollars for his child grinding machine, I also get billions of dollars for my happiness machine
>Option B
Satan gets twice as much money to power his child grinding machine
>>
>>82062516
And in the end she gave it away for free
>>
>>82065033
Fuckin' bitch.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.