[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't see why normies on Facebook, Reddit, etc. are so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1460948443773.jpg (7KB, 162x311px) Image search: [Google]
1460948443773.jpg
7KB, 162x311px
I don't see why normies on Facebook, Reddit, etc. are so damn triggered by this character. Whenever the topic of Tom & Jerry comes up, these memers always say:
>"God, Jerry is so mean to poor Tom, I HATE that little piece of shit, GRRRR I hope he dies, how could they make such a MEAN-SPIRITED cartoon? WAAAHHHH"
>"As I grew up, I realized Jerry was the BAD guy and Tom was the GOOD guy. Mind = blown, childhood ruined XD"

Sure, there are moments where Jerry is evil (mostly in some of the 40s earlier shorts, the one where Tom gets guillotined, and about half of the Gene Deitch shorts), but in many of the 50s Hanna-Barbera shorts (the Cinemascope ones), Tom is the one who stirs up shit with Jerry or a helpless little animal for no reason, and gets his karma in the end.

>Jerry writes a bestselling book about all the times Tom torrmented him
>Still gives Tom 50% of the profit

>Tom chases Jerry around on the beach until he almost drowns himself
>Jerry saves him and gives him CPR

>Jerry takes Tom inside from the freezing cold and serves him dinner (surprisingly, this was actually a Deitch short)
>Tom backstabs him when given the chance
>>
>>81986497
>I don't see why normies on Facebook, Reddit, etc. are so damn triggered by this character.

It's no different here on /co/.
>>
They dont like to see (aggressive) cartoon characters suffer.
>>
>>81986497
I always rooted for Jerry, no matter what.
>>
Is the same shit with the coyote and the roadrunner. Why is this? Well, even tho Tom and Jerry are the main characters of this show. Tom get much more screen time and protagonism, so we'll tend to identify and sympathize with him. After all, aren't we all like Tom? Trying to catch that little mouse we call "successs"
>>
>>81987646
>Tom get much more screen time
No he did not.
>>
File: nyaaa.png (390KB, 859x1009px) Image search: [Google]
nyaaa.png
390KB, 859x1009px
>>81986497
>caring what other people think
>actually thinking others will believe anything you've written is true
>>
>>81987646
Most people seem to like the Roadrunner better than Jerry, because unlike Jerry, he almost never tries to start shit with the Coyote, and just minds his own business mostly
>>
>>81987646
Road Runner isn't as much of a dick.

Not even really a dick at all.
>>
>>81986497
What I don't understand is why people get so worked up about this and start taking sides. It's a slapstick cartoon about a cat and a mouse, it's literally just a back and forth of amusing injuries and nothing more.

>>81987836
>weeb making a worthless post
Figures.
>>
>Tom finally catches Jerry
>Sells him to a pet shop
>Puts the money aside
>Owner finds the money
>Goes out and buys Jerry
>>
>>81986497
>Tom is the one who stirs up shit with Jerry or a helpless little animal for no reason

Ignoring that Jerry is FAR from helpless, Tom's job is literally to get rid of Jerry. Sure, he was more often than not a cunt about it, but the fact remains that Jerry is stealing food and lodging from Tom's owners and shitting/pissing all over their nice home.

>>81987646
>Is the same shit with the coyote and the roadrunner.

To be fair, Wile wanted to eat the Road Runner because he was starving. At least at first, anyway. It spiraled into obsession and madness pretty quickly. Like Ahab and his white whale.
>>
>>81986497
There both dicks
>>
>>81986567
This.

If anything, /co/ is HIGHLY pro-Tom.
>>
>>81986497
Jerry starts shit most of the time and wins 95% of the time.

Typical set-up is that Jerry is eating the food in Tom's house.
>>
>>81987646
It's not the case with the roadrunner at all.

Chuck Jones made a rule that all the coyote's harm was self-inflicted specifically because of Jerry being such an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>81988160
>>81986567
Wouldn't doubt if OP already knew this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qltjIXLx5Cw
>>
>>81986497
>I don't see why normies on Facebook, Reddit, etc
Why are you on these sites in the first place?
>>
>>81988211
I meant how people tend to hate the roadrunner just like jerry, being these the prey. And most people does hate the roadrunner. Even tho he never did shit to the coyote
>>
>>81988425
Youre such an individual, anon. Nobody tells you what to think. I bet you get all the girls.
>>
>>81988211
I call bullshit, Jones had no problem making "inusfferable faggot" Jerry cute and lovable as fuck when he directed T&J shorts.

Of course he also whitewashed Tweety Bird the same way, and that little yellow shit really did start out 100% sadistic to Sylvester.
>>
>>81988518
Something bothering you, champ?
>>
File: 1415879105754.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1415879105754.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>81988518
Okay
>>
>>81988464
The Roadrunner doesn't go out of its way to fuck with Wile E Coyote like Jerry does to Tom
>>
>>81988652
And still, a lot of people hate him. I'm not saying i do
>>
the movie
i just wanted to remind you that it exists
>>
>>81989249
There are a bunch of movies.
>>
>>81989284
Tom & Jerry The Movie
the one with the "We've got to have... money!" line
>>
File: 1458938957656.jpg (38KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458938957656.jpg
38KB, 400x600px
>Implying both aren't assholes in general
If there's a good guy most of the time it's Spike
>>
File: garbage.png (5KB, 305x374px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
5KB, 305x374px
Honestly the real cunt of Tom and Jerry is fucking Nibbles
>>
honestly one of my favorite episodes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAIoYsii4BI&index=4&list=PLsdp-qsRg4vW-cue50h1Vmltrbse7k9Cz
>>
>>81990132
I want to fuck that mouse.
>>
File: Fry_Mooning.gif (242KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
Fry_Mooning.gif
242KB, 320x256px
>>81988518
Not all of them, just the easy ones, like yer mum
>>
>>81988064
I think what convinces people to root for Tom is that he doesn't even kill Jerry. They make it clear he has no intention of anything other than keeping him out the house, which is his job.
>>
>>81986497
>Tom tries to eat Jerry
>JERRY IS THE BAD GUY FOR NOT ALLWOING TOM TO KILL HIM AND POOP HIM OUT
>>
I think we've just hit peak contrarian. Everyone go home, /co/ has finally reached its ultimate conclusion.
>>
>>81995074
That's bullshit, Tom puts Jerry in his mouth with the intention of chewing him up and swallowing him down on a regular basis.

What's this revisionist bullshit?
>>
watch any of the shorts with the fat angry man as tom's owner and you'll probably see their point
>>
>>81986497
>Tom becomes a millionaire on the basis that he can't hurt a mouse
>Jerry does everything in his absolute power to be a complete dick and doesn't leave him in peace
>>
Tom is doing his job as a house cat, Jerry is disgusting vermin. Kill yourself Jerryfags.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.