[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“We just did it as this little aside because we had been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: JimmyOlsen-DC.jpg (667KB, 930x810px) Image search: [Google]
JimmyOlsen-DC.jpg
667KB, 930x810px
>“We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go,” [Snyder] told EW. “And we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?”

>shooting Olsen in the head is having fun with him

Here we are close to a month later and I still can't get over this shit.
>>
Well yeah Jimmy is a shitty character.
>>
This universe needs to be rebooted.
>>
>>81960980
This. Read Kirby's Fourth World Saga and he brought down the quality a good 3 points.
>>
>>81960990
Can I live a happier life after the reboot?
>>
>>81961011
Only if you can be black.
>>
I'm surprised there hasn't been more Lois Lane, I'm CIA meming.
>>
>>81960996
>>81960980
That's not the point. Jimmy is an optimistic character in the Superman mythros meant to be his best friend and bring some light in a story and Synder's idea to use him was a bullet in the head. It's as retarded and sociopathic as having Superman kill to teach him killing is bad.
>>
>>81961021
Sho' ah can, mastuh!
>>
>>81960967
>around Randians, just get your guns out and shoot them first.
>>
>>81960967
>we don't have room for an important character in Superman's supporting cast
I don't even watch these movies, but that is ducking stupid
>>
>>81961079

He doesnt even have room for Clark kent in his Superman movies so jimmy never had a chance
>>
>>81961047
>That's not the point
>That he's shit isn't the point
>We should ignore whether something is good or shit
>The important thing is if it is happy or not happy
>>
>>81961047
>Jimmy is an optimistic character

And that's why he had to die. There can't be any optimism or happiness or hope or inspiration or joy or light in the DCCU
>>
>>81961047
Jimmy is a leech feeding off of Superman success.
He is the beta faggot that orbitates around the alpha to try to catch some of his light.
He isn't friend with Clark Kent he is friend with Superman. He is the worst kind of character.
>>
>>81961147
Now admitidly I don't read much Superman but isent the idea that he evolves from a simple fanboy into a true friend
>>
>>81961134
Or maybe he died cause he a shit character.
>>
>>81961118
>>81961147

Not everyone feels Jimmy is shit but even if you do you have to grant him the same consideration given to Superman when people say he's shit and blame writers and point out the good interpretations because most comics are shit. Regardless that's a fucked up way to deal with such a prominent character in the Superman mythros and call it having fun with him.

>>81961134
I feel like comics have suffered every since they prioritize being serious and realistic and calling their books graphic novels. There's no reason mimic the tone of Marvel comics when they came out with characters 30 years after Superman in a reaction to his popularity. I don't understand why that meant Superman has to then strive for the Marvel standard. Fucking dumb.
>>
>>81961165
Like Pa Kent?
>>
ITT: Autists rage at how Jimmy Olsen died in a movie that didn't have Jimmy Olsen in it
>>
>>81960967

How can you not have room for a Jimmy Olsen that is actually an undercover CIA agent, in a universe whose undercurrent is that the public and the governemnt don't trust Superman?

Oh, right, you weren't making a sequel to Man Of Steel, you just wanted to kill Supes to get the Justice League going.

Snyder is an ass.
>>
>>81960967
Jimmy is the quintessential fanboy. Hey may work with Clark, occasionally hang out with Clark, but he idolizes Superman to a creepy degree. What's that make him?

A fanboy.

This universe has no use for fanboys.
>>
>>81961274
Maybe.
>>
>>81961360
>>81961274
>>81961165
Nice.
>>
>>81960996
Kirby's run on Jimmy Olsen was goofy as hell, and it was STILL some of his best work.
>>
>/co/ suddenly hates Jimmy
Summer is coming
>>
>>81961477
>Summer
I've been coming to 4chan all year newfag.
>>
>>81961165
No synder knew he was a great character he just doesent understand how to prioritise rates of character appearance
>>
>>81961443
Hey Minifig can you recommend me some Jimmy/Superman smut in either art or fix form? I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>81961561
... Why would you assume that I have that sort of thing?
>>
The thing that kills me most, is that Gotham city, a Major Metropolitan area, is apparently a small river away from Metropolis.
>>
>>Didn't have room for him
>>There was an entire subplot with Lois Lane and a mysterious bullet that goes absolutely nowhere.

No seriously, what was the fucking point of that subplot?
>>
>>81961657
Why would Wayne Enterprises have a tower in both Gotham and Metropolis?

Hell, if those airlines commercials are to believed, BOTH Gotham and Metropolis have their own airports!
>>
File: crazy.png (26KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
crazy.png
26KB, 280x200px
>>81960967
Miller had it right, Jimmy should have been the new Question.
>>
>>81960967
I love that they shot Olsen, even if only because it pisses off manchildren like you so much.
>>
File: bvs.jpg (173KB, 542x798px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
173KB, 542x798px
>>81960967
They were clearly calling back to this
>>
>>81961831
They're supposedly canon, or at least have been treated as such, when they came out Snyderfags couldn't shut up about how they were examples of great and organic worldbuilding
>>
>>81962002
Batman didn't have a no-kill code up to the Bronze Age?
>>
>>81961677
The same as about 70% of the rest of the scenes - to set up for other films.
>>
>>81962002

I wanna be stoned and read this comic.

Looks fucking wild as hell.
>>
>>81961831
Gotta compete with lexcorp anon.
>>
>>81960967
Fucking snyder
>>
>>81961677
To show that Lex orchestrated the massacre in the beginning of the film and that getting the senate to hold a hearing for Superman was his plan all along?
>>
>>81960967
>And we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters,
They had room for the bitch who didn't know what terraforming was in MoS to return, but not Jimmy?

I thought they just didn't want to mess with the continuity of Supergirl, but clearly I was giving Snyder too much credit.
>>
>>81963387
But wasn't the point to get Superman, and not himself in trouble? Why use super special bullets that can be linked to himself?
>>
>>81963422
She was a bit character.
>>
>>81960967
He did it so DC could keep black Jimmy from Supergirl as the canon version.
>>
>>81961488
I've been here since 2004, faggot
>>
File: jojo feeling.jpg (51KB, 169x408px) Image search: [Google]
jojo feeling.jpg
51KB, 169x408px
>>81960967
I'm with you, OP. What a horrible way to totally not use a character that could have been actual fun. Hell, I'd even be on board with Federal Agent Jimmy if they did something interesting with the idea, but nope let's waste more potential for muh grit and grounded.
>>
>>81961047
>meant to be his best friend and bring some light in a story

No, he was created so that the radio show could have someone to do exposition with on a regular basis and then he stuck around because youg-ish sidekicks were all the rage. But as time has shown he's pretty pointless character who adds very little in just about every adaptation of the franchise, he's only there because people remember him through association, not because he's a super vital character. Killing him like that frankly was the most original thing people have done with Jimmy since he was a gimmick of the month super-freak.
>>
>>81963464
Because the plan was for the mercenaries to clean up after themselves but they missed one which is the bullet that tips Lois off about the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>81963513
Lex should be smart enough not to use such easily traced arms in case of such a fuckup
>>
>>81963512
t. Person who bases assumptions of quality on quantity of occurance.

Jimmy's a great character, it's just that most writers either ignore him or are too shit to do him well. When he's done well, he's probably the best of the supporting cast. Hell, Grant barely touched him in All Star and even shoved Doomsday into that issue, but he was great there.
>>
>>81963614
Well he's smart to have a back up plan when they do.
>>
>>81964004
He ended up in jail...
>>
>>81964053
Smart criminals only need to fuck up once.
>>
>>81964087
He really didn't seem that smart, though.
>>
>>81961029
I hope there is a CIA in every dc movie from now on
>>
>>81964146
Instead of using Jimmy for no reason, they should've just brought back Bill Wilson. He could die in every movie and keep coming back like that guy in Metal Slug.
>>
What I am hoping for is this.

You are looking at pre-COIE Earth-2. These are the heroes that will go and be replaced.

Eventually the Crisis will happen. And this Universe will cease to be. We can jump into a new one without having to do solo movies all over again afterwards with different castings and history.
>>
>>81960967
>I'm CIA agent, James Olsen
I'm surprised.
>>
>>81964241
Nah, they'll just reboot it all in a decade with no explanation. This time Pa Kent will be an alcoholic, Batman will drink the blood of criminals, and Flash will be Danny DeVito.
>>
>>81964191
>Bill Wilson
>CIA
>Hunter for men in masks
>Small guy
>A constant in the DC multiverse
>>
I fail to see why this is meant to be awful. Jimmy got to be a CIA agent, that's a major step up from being the loser kid.
>>
>>81964544
>I fail to see why this is meant to be awful.
Because he died less than a minute into his first appearance?
>>
>>81960967
Killing Jimmy like that was dumb, but if you really think about it, that character was Jimmy in name only. It doesn't mean anything to us because whoever that dude was, it wasn't the Jimmy we know and love. Jimmy isn't a soldier. He's a photographer. So the fate of the "Jimmy" in BvS us irrelevant to us.

Honestly, this fate is far better than turning Jimmy into smooth black "James", obnoxious love interest.
>>
>>81965151
Wasn't that character's name not even in the theatrical release?
>>
>>81965284
He was Jimmy in the credits. It's as official as Psylocke in The Last Stand.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.