[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been that into comics before and I want to start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1453866550760.jpg (76KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
1453866550760.jpg
76KB, 500x570px
I've never been that into comics before and I want to start.

I've only read Watchmen and V for Vendetta, both of which I enjoyed a lot.

What would you guys recommend? I heard The Killing Joke is really good but probably because of Alan Moore.
>>
>>81942603
What are you interested in reading exactly?
>>
>>81942682
I suppose anything that isn't riddled with SJW shit (one of my friends is super into comics but he just constantly bitches that marvel has turned into a super sjw shitshow)

Also anything I guess that's a bit more mature or solemn. I just like more serious toned things I guess
>>
>>81942762
>mature and serious
>waaaah sjws!
Way to narrow it down.

Gaiman's Sandman
Hitman or Punisher by Ennis
Pretty much any All Star Western
Hellblazer
The Vision and Omega Men are good ongoings.
>>
>>81943071
Well I don't know shit about comic books, how do you want me to narrow it down?
>>
Doom Patrol
Love & Rockets
Sweet Tooth
>>
>>81943103
Genres, characters, writers. You could always read more Alan Moore. Besides Killing Joke there's Swamp Thing and Miracle Man.
>>
>>81943170
Would you prefer DC or Marvel for getting into?

Because I feel like I'd eventually have to start reading into those universes
>>
>>81943103
>how do you want me to narrow it down?

A genre, a character type, etc.

If you walked into a book store and asked their highest selling book you'd get 50 Shades of Grey.

You might not like what /co/ peddles as the best.
>>
>>81942762
Are you looking for capes or non-superhero stuff?
>>
>>81943103
By telling us about stuff you like and are interested in?
>>
>>81942603
Hellboy, The Goon, Sam and Max, Ninja Turtles (Mirage, Archie, then IDW), The Dark Knight Returns, Transmetropolitan, All-Star Superman

Also, Eileen is cute. CUTE.
>>
>>81943197
>Because I feel like I'd eventually have to start reading into those universes
You literally could read hundreds upon hundreds of comics past present and future and never even pick up one from the mainline DC or Marvel universe
>>
>>81943286
Well fucking duh, I'm just saying it's just one of those things where it seems like it'd eventually happen.

I mean I read manga, it doesn't mean we all read Naruto but I'd say most people at least read or watched it at one point.

Also this might sound really retarded, but is there a site you can go to read it or is it just from books/torrents?
>>
>>81943339
There are a couple of sites that host comics for reading.
>>
>>81943444
What are some you would recommend?
>>
>>81943503
Viewcomic is the one I hear about the most.
>>
>>81943339
there's view-comic but that's a real limited selection since it only offers current runs from most publishers and "classics" from the big two. If you want to read an older title from Image from like 4 years ago for example you would need to download it
>>
>>81942603
>>81943255
that eileen is pretty qt imo t bh famalamadingdong
>>
>>81943791
cute, or some say cutem, famygdala
>>
>>81943834
Fuck off Micolash
>>
>>81944033
EYES

GRANT US EYES

to see the cute
>>
>>81943612
>>81943566

I mean the Killing Joke is here and I should probably read that.

And the original hellboy series is here too so I'll have a lot to read.

Thanks for showing me the site.
>>
From Hell by Moore and Campbell
>>
>>81944033
AWOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: the marquis a sin of one.jpg (54KB, 413x640px) Image search: [Google]
the marquis a sin of one.jpg
54KB, 413x640px
Well this is a good place to ask as any.
Not OP but I'm looking for a comic similar to Guy Davis's Marquis.
>>
>>81943071
Is sandman any good or is it overrated?
>>
>>81945060
It's good, but like any series of length has its weak stories.
>>
>>81943103
Swap out the word comics for music or books in your post and see how silly you sound.
>>
>>81945060
Everything that is good and popular is overrated.

Everyone should read Sandman.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.