[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so we all know that Hussie is a hack, and this series deserved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 679
Thread images: 128

File: waste of time.png (125KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
waste of time.png
125KB, 500x484px
Okay, so we all know that Hussie is a hack, and this series deserved so much better. that horse is beaten to dead and back.

Now is the time (looking back) for constructive criticism. let's look at all the plot points and write out (in a general sense) what should have happened.

If you're going to post, keep a tag of some sort for what you're proposing to fix. Here's a list of tags off the top of my head:

>>Act 1
>>Act 2
>>Act 3
>>Intermission
>>Act 4 (rose enters, dave enters, the fall of prospit, the rise of jester jack)
>>Act 5.1 (trolls)
>>Act 5.2(the scratch)
>>Act 6.1(Jane, Jake, Dirk, & Roxy are introduced)
>>Act 6.2 (Ancestor trolls are introduced, Calliope introduced)
>>Act 6.3 (Everyone enters the game... again)
>>Act 6.4 (time wasted on stupid ancestor dream bubble bullshit)
>>Act 6.5 (caliborn's adventures)
>>Act 6.6 (trickster mode)
>>Act 6.7 (Game over)
>>Act 6.8 (collide)
>>Act 7 (Waste of time)

Characters:
>>Kids (in general)
>>John
>>Rose
>>Dave
>>Jade

>>reboot kids (in general)
>>Jane
>>Roxy
>>Dirk
>>Jake
Calliope

>> Trolls (in general)
>>Karkat
>>Aradia
>>Tavros
>>Sollux
>>Neputa
>>Kanaya
>>Terezi
>>Vriska
>>Equius
>>Gamzee
>>Eridan
>>Feferi

>>Villains (in General)
>>Bec noir
>>Spade slick
>>Lord Jack
>>Caliborn (child)
>>Lord english (adult)
>>The Empress
>>other

>>Troll (ancestors)

>>Game mechanics

>>Hussies hack writing

>>other
>>
For instance:

>>Rose:
Rose should have learned to play the fucking light

Rose also never really resolved her big secret with jaspers. which I'm still sad about.

>>Jake
Jake: Jake should have realized his potential, he should have fought LE

>>Story in general

Acts 6.4 through 6.7 should just be flat out cut since nothing is changed AT ALL by their loss.
>>
>>81922431
>Rose also never really resolved her big secret with jaspers. which I'm still sad about.
Wasn't that just the MEOW/GCAT sequence for First Guardian powers?
>>
>>81922346
>>Kids
We should have seen them fight Lord English.

>>reboot kids
We should have seen them fight Caliborn.

>>Rose
Hussie ended her arc with Kanaya after Act 5 Part 2.

>>Jane
>we find out that she is good in narrating
>otherwise, only good character development with fucking Caliborn

>>Trolls
Biggest mistake Hussie ever made. It gave him a huge boost in popularity, but caused a massive storm of autism.
>>
File: tumblr_mrg0hkPtKx1r4qddko1_500.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrg0hkPtKx1r4qddko1_500.png
261KB, 500x500px
another iteration of Doc comes on post-scratch earth and trolls both characters and audience instead of another useless GS-powered animal
>>
>>81924200
>Trolls
>A mistake
>Reboot kids
>Not a mistake
Dank meme.
>>
File: 1436994604129.png (4KB, 253x185px) Image search: [Google]
1436994604129.png
4KB, 253x185px
>being a Karkat fan
WHY DO WE HAVE TO FUCKING SUFFER

JUST SO HE CAN BECOME A FUCKING KANAYA CLONE TO DAVE?
>>
File: Slicktooth_sprite.png (9KB, 353x645px) Image search: [Google]
Slicktooth_sprite.png
9KB, 353x645px
friendly reminder that slick did nothing wrong but died while bec noir destroyed entire fucking universe and killed everybody and their parents, but got prospitian chick in the end
>>
>>81924416
>and then doesn't even get Dave in the end because Jade is hotter
>>
>The scratch happened as early as 5.2

Really?

Wow
>>
>>81922346
Tried to wait for the dust to settle to watch act 7.

What the hell was that?
Literally what even--

Fuck it. Good music and animation tho. I look up to Clark and Toby when it comes to music production.
>>
>>81924405
but muh roxy
>>
To be honest, the series should have just been a straight Sburb session. A normal Sburb session would be plenty interesting, if all the quests and Denizens were explored more. And that means no Trolls, no Scratch, no Cherubs, and as much as it pains me, no Felt/Midnight Crew. All of those ideas could have gone into different adventures. The best scenario I can think of is if Hussie finished Homestuck after a year, made a Midnight Crew adventure with the Felt/Lord English as the antagonist, and then made a Troll adventure. Sure, you could say all those elements together made Homestuck what it was, and I agree, I like a lot of it, but it made the story a complete mess. They needed to be separate stories is all I'm saying. Hussie had the idea for Homestuck a few months before Problem Sleuth ended, and it's not like he shoved in that. He waited.
>>
File: thicc.png (383KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.png
383KB, 1280x1280px
for whoever lamented the insufficient thickness of the royal black thighs
>>
>>81924546
To be fair, Slick destroyed a universe too.
>>
>>81924592
Don't you remember mobius double reacharound? We only explored the trolls so that we could see their fucked up session and reasons for scratching, so that we could have further symmetry/drama/investment in the kid's scratch.
>>
>>81924609
They're good characters, but were wholly unnecessary. The Trolls contributed way more to the plot, and also had some good characters.

Fuck the dancestors right off though.
>>
>>81924405
The reboot kids were actually planned earlier than John finding out about ectobiology - which if I remember right, took place before the trolls were intended to be more than a tiny handful of characters.
>>
File: tumblr_mky3q9wMyG1qzfrelo1_1280.png (218KB, 597x526px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mky3q9wMyG1qzfrelo1_1280.png
218KB, 597x526px
>>81924546
tfw these two are better and more interesting characters than most of "main" cast
>>
>>81924668
Just because they were planned early doesn't mean they were a worthwhile addition to the plot.

Hussie said he had parts of the ending planned before he started Homestuck. Doesn't mean it wasn't a shit ending.
>>
File: 1459982430986.png (163KB, 346x362px) Image search: [Google]
1459982430986.png
163KB, 346x362px
>>81924630
Not me but I'll benefit anyway, thanks Glub!
>>
>>81924684
Sorry I'm tired and didn't read further up than one post. Just thought I'd provide tangential information that I think is neat, which may or may not have been relevant.
>>
>>81922346
To be honest, if we ignore the minor details, I'm fine with everything up till Game Over. The ancestor dreambubble shit was kind of a joke and the post-trickster drama was painful to sift through, but they don't really hurt the overall story since it's just character drama without any consequences. Rewrite it and handle things a bit better, but there's nothing conceptually wrong them. And everything leading up to that point was more or less decent, or at least done so well that I can't think of any major "delete all of this" improvements off the top of my head.

>>Act 6.7 (Game over)
That is, until [S] Game Over and the retcon garbage. It's a completely pants on head retarded dipshit storytelling move that ruins the conclusion everything was building up to in every conceivable way. I'm fairly convinced it wasn't pre-written either, and it's just Hussie's way of bullshitting himself out of a ditch instead of putting in the effort to wrap things up properly.

Even worse, it relies on using Mary Vriska "The Best At Everything" Sue as a tool to fix things, almost to the point where her existence becomes a joke. There's so much wrong with the comic that "fixing" the story from this point is practically futile. Either end things at Cascade, or cut everything past it and just redo the whole fucking thing from the ground up.

>> Trolls (in general)
This might be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really care. They were part of the story from the start, and even though some aspects of their culture aren't meant to be taken seriously, their presence doesn't really hurt the story. They didn't overshadow the kids, and most of them get killed off before they could have any negative impact on the plot. Make Karkat less of a pussy and strip away Vriska's karma-proof plot armor. Like for instance, by having her die and realize that she isn't such hot shit in the afterlife. Oh wait. Also, the "real" ancestors were great.
>>
Funfact:

Try to summarize story of Homestucl in two-three sentences.

It is impossible because Homestuck had no actual story, just random scenes garbled together.
>>
Make Eridan useful.
Starting off very strong and squandering your potential as well as having fuck all for interpersonal relationship skills hit too close to home. I just wanna vicariously be a hero.
>>
>>81924742
It's about a couple kids playing a reality altering video game. They fight invincible demons with help from an alien race and kid versions of their guardians. Then they create a universe.
>>
>>81924742
some kids explore reality-breaking game which is also cancerous reproduction system of multiverse that went wrong
a lot of different minor characters involved
hilarity may or may not ensue
>>
>>81924715
>less of a pussy
But Karkat isn't a pussy. Just look at him charge at Gamzee and Lord English.

It's just Hussie loves to castrate him, turn him into a cuck and give all his cool shit to Caliborn.
>>
File: joey.jpg (222KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
joey.jpg
222KB, 1000x1000px
>when you remember the (non)existence of Hiveswap
>>
>>81924742
Try to summarize story of War and Peace in two-three sentences, faggot
>>
>>81924810
There is war and then there is peace.
>>
File: 00246.swf.00-15.51.png (285KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
00246.swf.00-15.51.png
285KB, 650x450px
>>reboot kids (in general)
Roxy is alright, keep her. Dirk is just Dave with more issues, Jake is just John but he's a pussy, and Jane is.. uh, Jane. Give those three an actual, enjoyable character that doesn't conflict with the original kids and you're set.

>>Villains (in General)
Every instance of Jack was solid fucking gold, and Caliborn practically deserves to be the protagonist of the story. He's unanimously agreed to be the saving grace of Act 6 next to the meteor segments. Condesce works too, but have them fucking do SOMETHING. Killing all of the villains off in a joke flash while ignoring all of their backstories and nature makes no sense. One of the Jacks was infused with the fucking spirit of Lord English, killing him off with a single slice doesn't seem right. Same with Condie, she was supposedly cursed to be immortal, a plot point which never gets brought up again after Roxy finishes her off with a single cheap shot.

>>Game mechanics
SBURB and the frogs aren't even fucking explained. The game ends with the kids making it to the new universe inside the frog they made, located IMMEDIATELY NEXT TO A FUCKING BLACK HOLE TEARING REALITY ITSELF APART. It's not even a case of poor storytelling, elements just plain conflict with each other because Hussie didn't think this through. Make the rules before the story.

There's also the notion that all of the characters were predestined to do everything, and nobody in the story has any real agency because the "alpha timeline" dictates everything. And John's retcon powers do more harm than good, the concept is already stupid. This is more of a vague suggestion, but I think having the four original kids be just random-ass humans on Earth who started playing a game they knew nothing about would be much more better. Also, show their fucking neighbours. Or a single other person on Earth besides them. Everything feels completely empty, almost as if made for the few square miles the kids exist in, with nothing else outside.
>>
>>81922346
Destroy typing quirks when speaking.
Or have an option to turn them off. I skipped most of Solux's dialogue, the 2hiit was unreadable.
Also, Hussie had a tendency to do FUCKING NOTHING for 100 pages, then do all the interesing plot advancing in like 2 minutes/2 panels. [S] Descend is a great example.
Problem Sleuth was far better at that (also, no dialogue forced Hussie to actually narrate stuff)
>>
File: 1379989497360.gif (12KB, 307x312px) Image search: [Google]
1379989497360.gif
12KB, 307x312px
Man, Jane was a shit character EXCEPT when she was evil.
>>
>>81924798
>when you deeply hope for the alien planet to be post-sgrub alternia and then realize that Karkat did fuck-all to the bloodcaste system other than having highbloods worship his ass
>>
>>81922346
>Trolls
Everything about them was handled like shit.
Really, all their interesting shit (quests, skaia, aradiabots, etc) was TOLD rather than shown. I'd like to see Karkat vs his shit denizen any day over fucking LARP shit.
The story didn't really need 24 more characters when the 4 original ones hadn't even finished their fucking quests.
>>
>>81925043
I wish Hussie had written proper resolution and growth out of the girls' evil phases.
>>
>>81924715
Yeah. I'm gonna agree with you on this one. You almost think Game Over should just be the end of the story unless AH could get John to hobble his way through the story to the ending. I think instead he should change up the events of A6A6I3 so that not everyone dies instantaneously, namely Jane. Then you can get revive shenanigans going to bring people back and continue the story in a meaningful way.
>>
>>81925169
or just confine retcon to one precise fix instead of bullshit-wide fuckery that returned Vriska for no reason and made 3 years worth of the story irrevelant
>>
>>81924715
The worst part about the retcon is that all Vriska did was give advice and then go to use the juju on Lord English. Why did she need to be alive to do that? The juju was in her hands as a ghost before the retcon. Vriska literally stole it from (Vriska) after calling her a bitch.

All the Game Over->Retcon did was (a) give an artificial "all is lost" moment that did not last for more than half a second and was basically a repeat of Dave: Accelerate and (b) retcon some of the interpersonal relationships of characters to make some people's headcanons feel better and to make everyone following the actual story feel no longer invested in the characters. And I guess (c) kill off all the alternate versions of John so that people stopped asking "is X from a doomed timeline?", but I'm sure you could find another Typhus deal to do that.
>>
>>81924798
The only good thing to come out of Hiveswap is Joey.
She is the best girl I swear to god.
And that Minus8 flash is the best
>>
>>81922346
My problem with retcon is it's dumb as fuck.
John could have, with some effort, gone to Caliborn's session, punch him in the face before he meets Yaldabaoth and be done with it.
He can do that as he literally meets the guy randomly.
>>
>>81922346
>>Game mechanics
Andrew struck gold with sburb. While he didn't have a large fanbase while he was developing it, you can tell that he put quite a bit of thought into it (despite reader commands largely driving how it evolved). it's a shame that the focus shifted to what was abnormal with a session rather than what was normal.
>>
>>81924642
HE WAS PROVOKED AND EMOTIONALLY VULNERABLE
SLICK DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>81924742
Protagonist is not stuck in home. 7000 pages of nothing pass. It is revealed that he was stuck in a home all along.
>>
>>81922346
>>Act 6.5 (caliborn's adventures)
This whole segment was on par with acts 1 - 4, and I'm not even the biggest caliborn fan. Has some of my favorite jokes, a highlight being the rollerball mouse welded to the desk.
>>
>>81922346
>Davesprite
Dave should've had at least one more conversation with Davesprite. Davepetasprite^2 was way too cheap of a solution to Davesprite's troubles.
>>
Does anybody have the picture of John explaining how PunchCards work, and it has ASCII art?
>>
>>81922346
>>other
Diamonds Droog should have been more important in act 6. He was the underlying force to quite a lot of things early on in the story, and to have him be pretty much out of the picture in a session that derse has practically free reign over seems odd.
>>
>>81922346
Remember when Bec Noir was the evilest thing?
He should have stayed the evilest thing.
>>
Homestuck needed more archagents, and the exile narrative needed to be more prevolent. That way you could do some interesting things with causality without having to go into the whole scratched unvierse and lord english narrative.
>>
>>81922346
>Act 6.7 (game over)
Don't retcon, suffer the consequences, and bring back who you can.

>Karkat's blood powers render him weirdly immune to lava, he fucking emerges naked and steaming
>Rose is not RIP, she rezzes because getting stabbed by a trident like that was a sucker's death

John, Roxy, Dirk, Karkat and Rose are the last ones left. Terezi dies ordering them to get that fucking ring, in order to rez Jane, who in turn rezzes everyone else. Boss fight against Condense, with someone running around getting the rez train going.
>>
>>81925404
Wait, minus8 did a flash? Link please.
>>
>>81924861
>Caliborn practically deserves to be the protagonist of the story.

He really does. Both sets of kids used the jujus they came across to skip over their personal growth and undo their mistakes. Caliborn, at most, used the crowbar to shut Andrew up and break his clock at the end. He's really the only character to get through Sburb and claim his reward honestly. He also had to work the hardest to get it.
>>
>>81925207
Also a very good idea.
>>
>>81925684
http://swfchan.com/34/167430/

It's actually a lot like Homestuck as a whole.
Great music, good buildup, and an ultimately unsatisfying ending.
>>
>>81925698
All he ended up doing was killing ghosts that shouldn't have even existed, dream bubbles are an anomaly.

He's doing less damage destroying paradox space than an adult cherub would in an actual universe.

You could argue that killing the most primordial ancient beings in non-existence is bad, but that's a pretty tough argument. Horrorterrors are not the nicest of guests.
>>
File: Bishop2.png (36KB, 185x180px) Image search: [Google]
Bishop2.png
36KB, 185x180px
I always wanted to know if bishops had cool powers, like a small version of the red miles or something.
>>
>>81925740
But he's disrespectful to women, so he must be a bad guy.

Also he's just too damn strong. I'd kill him on that merit alone. Which is probably why Vriska seems to be the only one actually interested in killing him: as a challenge.
>>
>>81925680
Or just have Gamzee pile drive him and knock him out like JOHN CENA because that's also viable. John's retcon could be to catch the ring of life as it slips from aranea in order to bring Jane back to heal anyone else.
>>
>Karkat finally shows his blood powers
>by killing off all the protags except for WV and PM for some reason
>yfw
>>
How to fix homestuck:

Do not show the trolls in much depth, and do not prototype bec. This is what perpetuated the story to a point where it got too large and hussie made it drawn out and bloated.

The trolls contact the kids as they are floating in their veil, for some reason. It's still the indestructible demon noir, just not prototyped with bec, but he got to post-scratch earth without entering through the frog. Maybe a transportalizer or something. This way you can have the trolls weakened, but have the god tier kids enter the trolls session to save the day, picking up the exiles along the way.

Then after noir is beaten boss style along with the trolls, you could have homestuck 2: hivebent.
>>
>>81925787
At that point there's almost no point in going easy on the deaths. I'm kind of torn on whether to keep as many of the deaths as possible because we're reaching the climax of the story anyway, or to proffer up the free life rezzes as a quick reversal so the final battles still have plenty of mulch for the grinder.
>>
>>81925628
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002745

?
>>
>>81925698
character that was supposed to be a main antagonist at the end turns out to be the most interesting, inspiring and coherent as, well, character, outrunning even the main cast

MAIN CAST

just
how can you fuck up something so much?
>>
>>81925863
>indestructible
>not prototyped with bec
>>
How to fix Homestuck:
>Start over.
>Make everyone a human girl.
>Set the story in an all-girl high school in Japan.
>Find a way to integrate the creation of an idol group into the narrative.

Though in all honesty, I do wonder if Homestuck's narrative sufferings were the result of Andrew desperately trying to keep the comic from becoming your average anime.
>>
File: nox.gif (472KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
nox.gif
472KB, 500x250px
>>81925934
Lots of stuff have villains more interesting than the good guys. I thought /co/ like that.
>>
>>81925404
>>81925731
That's not minus8's work. Just copping his style.
>>
>>81925962
trolls are weak and tired etc., noir is pissed and catches them off guard. I'd easily believe it
>>
>>81925910
>there is a universe where homestuck was so good and shortlived it hit cult status and gamefaqs put the walkthroughs as eastereggs, RL signature and all
>>
>>81922346

I think the main problem is how integrated the alpha kids and the cherubs were in the story. This is the sort of thing that can be dodged when a story is planned out in full instead of tacked on in pieces.

Which is hilarious because the cherubs and the alpha kids apparently were planned much earlier than the trolls.

The cast expands too much. While the trolls were interesting, I think shortening the story and better fleshing out the other characters would do a lot of justice to the overall story.

So, cut out the trolls. Let's replace the trolls with the alpha kids and the cherubs at the same time. Maybe even restrict who is talking to who to some extent. Maybe Jade only talks to Jake for instance.

A lot of Karkat parts can be taken over by Caliborn without any difficulty. For instance...

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002759

uu: HELLO JADE.
GG: oh nooooooo
uu: GUESS WHAT TODAY IS.
uu: THAT'S RIGHT.
uu: IT'S THE DAY THAT YOu FuCK EVERYTHING uP.
GG: >:O
uu: HOW ARE WE TO BECOME FRIENDS IF YOU RECOIL FROM MY OLIVE BRANCH?
GG: you can leave me alone!!!!!
GG: how can you even be talking to me after i blocked you....
GG: AND after i logged out????
uu: YOu DON'T GET THAT I AM BETTER AND SMARTER THAN YOu IN EVERY WAY, FOREVER.
uu: YOu DON'T GET THAT BECAUSE YOu ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID.
GG: i get that youre a jerk and you should shut up!
GG: goodbye you jerk!!!!!!!!!

See? It works. Just a quick splice of early Karkat with some lines from Caliborn.
>>
>>81925994
The problem isn't that Caliborn is great, because he is. The problem is that the main cast isn't ONLY shitty in comparison. They're shitty, period.
>>
>>81926030
What was up with Karkat's relationship with the cherubs anyway? Their quirks mirror Karkat's, text colors are all nearly the same, candy red blood/lime green blood paralleling Karkat's blood and his caste position. Was it all just a red herring? If so, why? Karkat was nearly irrelevant in Act 6.
>>
File: mBcdRaMb6FU.jpg (112KB, 1280x1536px) Image search: [Google]
mBcdRaMb6FU.jpg
112KB, 1280x1536px
so, anon, what made you hate spider8itch the most?
>>
>>81926071
karkat was nannasprite who is LE all along
>>
>>81924625
I feel ya, it would of been more interesting to tackle each on separately with little hints that they could be connected. And then when no one is paying attention, combined them all for one big giant cross-over.

That would be pretty fun.
>>
Worst Beta Human:
Post-retcon Rose

Worst Alpha Human:
Jane, Jake

Worst Patron Trolls:
Karkat, Vriska

Worst Pre-Retcon characters:
Karkat, Vriska

Legit cucks:
Pre--retcon Karkat, Pre-retcon Vriska
>>
>>81926074
overexposure

got sick of her by that one john walkaround
>>
>>81926071
At this point, we can just assume that Karkat's existence was Paradox Space's coping method with the fact that Lord English ensured that no lime blood could ever survive in A2 and, thus, would leave an empty spot on the roster without someone to fill it in.
>>
>>81926026
what?
>>
>>81926079
What if Scratch/LE is like punchcard alchemy in that there are multiple ways he can be created in a universe? In some other timeline a Karkat+Nannasprite+Bec Noir fusion might've been a Lord English.
>>
>>81926128
Actually nevermind, that's just embarrassingly dumb. Forget I said this post.
>>
>>81926074
alot of things
but creating GCATavrosprite was the worst, after all blabbering about how she "helps" him
she fused the dude with his fucking allergen, for fucks sake. Shit, it's a straight up elaborate torture, but nobody seems to care.
>>
File: 01942_2.gif (179KB, 650x2500px) Image search: [Google]
01942_2.gif
179KB, 650x2500px
>>81926127
Imagine coming across this on the walkthrough of a game you've never heard of. would be a pretty sweet easter egg
>>
>>81926071
He met Calliope on the lilypad for like five seconds, that's about it. I think Hussie intended for him to be some sort of a secondary protagonist of the story, then shifted all of his unused potential onto Caliborn so he could also have a bigger villain at the same time.
>>
File: texplainthejoke.jpg (130KB, 674x510px) Image search: [Google]
texplainthejoke.jpg
130KB, 674x510px
>>81922346
I awaited the Final Joke and got nothing. Then again that's probably how it was meant to be: disappointing. So there's no real reason to try to "fix" anything.
>>
LONG LIVE KING KARKAT
>>
>>81926030

Further examples:

uu: HELLO DAVE.
uu: GuESS WHAT I WANT TO PLAY.
uu: THAT'S RIGHT. A GAME.
uu: A GAME WHERE WE PuT THE FACTS OuT ON THE TABLE IN FRONT OF uS.
uu: ABOuT HOW AWFuL YOU REALLY ARE.
TG: oh my god you type like a tool
uu: HELLO DAVE. LET'S PLAY A GAME.
TG: nah
TG: this is so weak im almost getting tired of wasting good material on you guys
TG: its like
TG: youve got nothing
TG: its always one of you sprouting up and ranting about how hard im about to get trolled
TG: with no ensuing substance
TG: you dont even know anything about us
TG: one of you fuckers thought i was a girl
uu: IT CAN BE HARD SOMETIMES.
uu: TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRuE MEN.
uu: AND THE BITCHES.
uu: ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE THE SAME.
uu:THE THING IS THAT I DON'T CARE ABOuT THAT.
uu: ABOuT YOUR ANATOMICAL DETAILS.
uu: OR THE *DIIIRTY* THINGS THAT YOu GET uP TO.
uu: I KNOW WHAT YOu'VE DONE.
uu: OR WILL DO, ACTuALLY.
uu: IT'S THE MOST AWFuL THING. THE WORST YOu CAN EVER DO.
>>
File: justice.png (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
justice.png
131KB, 800x800px
>>81926074
it's not her per se, it's how she is treated by the narrative
while every other douchebag gets thoroughly called out and punished by the story and characters alike, she gets away with everything, learns nothing and everyone just licks her boots
the way tavros was groveling before her, especially post retcon was the most disturbing part, I was so uncomfortable I skipped most of the pesterlog
hussie pls love yourself and get an imaginary girlfriend that isn't abusive at least
>>
>>81926208
The Ultimate Joke was something about pre-destination and free will and how they don't seem to work together.
>>
>>81926074
When I realized she was never going to truly fuck off and go away.
If there were some type of event that killed everyone including their doomed timeline versions, somehow and some fucking way Vriska would still be alive.
>>
>>81926278
Or how you can't give characters free will without conceding that the story is gonna be shitty.
>>
>>81926074
The retcon.

Just everything about it. I'll never in a million years understand why Hussie did that. There could only be some bullshit meta point he was trying to make which in reality is just plain masturbatory because he sacrificed a good story to make it.
>>
File: 8_ball_07535.gif (18KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
8_ball_07535.gif
18KB, 650x450px
>>81926074
I don't think I ever grew to specifically hate her, but after a while, like everything else in the comic, you could just tell she was there because hussie felt he needed to keep her.

I feel like this frame epitomizes it most.
She's just there, very poorly and awkwardly drawn, earth in her hands in her overpowered sylladex. It's like hussie saying "I don't know what to do so, uh... vriska will fix it. she's the main character, right?"
>>
How would you kill Vriska off if you were Hussie?
>>
File: 1458179938534.gif (2MB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1458179938534.gif
2MB, 330x270px
>>81926074
I really enjoyed all the parts of Homestuck without her. Especially the parts where she was dead.

And then Hussie decided, Actually, no, the characters literally can't handle themselves without her.

There was not a single fucking thing that happened in Collide that required a living Vriska. Not one. Not a single one. All Hussie had to do was not shoehorn Aranea into the pre-retcon session and he could have just fucking had Collide happen right away after the characters meet up organically.
>>
>>81926441
And you know what, that's the thing. That's precisely the thing.

Everything about Homestuck was perfectly serviceable up until Act 6.6. Not just Act 666 specifically. Just the whole of Act 6.6.

In a single subact Hussie dismantled EVERYTHING for NO reason.
>>
File: 1436129506653.gif (275KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1436129506653.gif
275KB, 500x421px
>>81926417
>travel to the future
>see how fucking shit Karkat's character arc has gotten and that Caliborn stole everything from him
>have john or a random character strap Karkat with a billion tnts
>throw him at Vriska
>set the explosives off
>enjoy a good comic
>>
>>81926417
Have her stay dead after Terezi kills her.
>>
>>81926417
She WAS killed off, in a decent way too.
He could have just not bought her back.

unrelated, but one thing I really hate about homestuck is how many second chances there are.

>main life
>dream self
>Alpha/Doomed timeline shit
>revival smooch
>life player revival
>prototyping the dead
>ring of life
>R E T C O N P O W E R S

You can't have tension in a story where all these second chances exist.

At most, give everyone one extra life, have it expend in an extravagant and worthwhile way, and then enjoy having some good, looming "if they fuck up again they are toast" tension along the way.
>>
>>81926074
nothing
literally best character

only thing i kinda let me down was the fact that alternate vriska didnt come back and fight with her
her one true enemy being herself
>>
I have to hide this thread.

No offense to anyone. But thinking about how decent Homestuck was until it completely soiled itself at the very last minute with such a basic writer's error as a retcon- in a story that used to be intricately designed to prevent exactly this kind of abuse of time travel in a narrative- hurts too much.
>>
>>81926549
Fair enough.

It hurts deep down but I'm too apathetic to feel bad about it.

We'll have sylladex shenanigans in our dreams.
>>
>>81926549
>>81926592
But we still haven't seen the epilogue! Oh who am I kidding it'll be just as horrible if not more
>>
File: HussieMAYBE art critique.jpg (83KB, 351x750px) Image search: [Google]
HussieMAYBE art critique.jpg
83KB, 351x750px
Finally found this! I thought I saw art criticism from Hussie in an old thread but I lost it and now I found it. Anon posted it sayin "post rare Hussie stuff" but later on I asked about these and someone else said "Not Hussie. Kazerad" and im confused now, whose is this?

1/4
>>
File: HussieMAYBE art critique 2.jpg (139KB, 700x681px) Image search: [Google]
HussieMAYBE art critique 2.jpg
139KB, 700x681px
>>81926679
>>
File: HussieMAYBE art critique 3.jpg (147KB, 920x681px) Image search: [Google]
HussieMAYBE art critique 3.jpg
147KB, 920x681px
>>81926690
>>
File: HussieMAYBE art critique 4.jpg (106KB, 651x681px) Image search: [Google]
HussieMAYBE art critique 4.jpg
106KB, 651x681px
>>81926703
>>
>>81926074
Vriska was a bunch of things. She was fun to read and probably fun to write. Problem is Hussie couldn't stick to an angle for her. As a control freak who micromanaged everyone's affairs to try and aggrandize herself while surrounding herself with weaklings who wouldn't put up a fight against her bullshit, she was fun to hate. When she started retroactively causing all of the bad things that ever happened in Homestuck, creating the very enemy that denied the trolls their reward and chased them like dogs now, not even to create a villain she could be the hero against, but just so that every single part of the story could be about her, I said "seriously, what the fuck Hussie."

Once dead Hussie kind of reigned her in a little. She was still her obnoxious, manipulative self, but people stood up to her a little and she was doing things with purpose rather than just to be the center of attention. She even had a nice crowning moment as a complex character who was petty, but driven:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007950

Now read that in light of everything that happens next. Seriously, Hussie, what the fuck. First he erased the good by making her a tool who just lists through non-life undermining the maniacal conviction she once had but still couldn't let go of the juju because deep down she still wanted to be relevant, then when people complained about that, he completely missed the point made a retcon that completely validated the bad sides of her personality and undid the fact that people around her grew a spine and stopped putting up with the more obnoxious parts of her personality.
>>
>>81926828
>creating the very enemy that denied the trolls
Wasn't Karkat to blame for that? He even had a huge rant that he created the cancer that killed the human universe.

And now we are supposed to laugh at him for being a cuck and suffering for no reason?
>>
>>81926709
pretty good find if real. though I'm sure the criticisms aren't really valid in this case as andrew overdoes his poses and perspective leading to the exact same problems
>>
>>81926978
Well, she was the one that made John fall sleep when he was tryng to prototype shit, forcing Bec to prototype himself to save Jade from the meteor.
>>
>>81926828

>vriska is manipulative

can we stop this meme? She's not manipulative, she's just a bully who is able to force people into doing things she wants. If she was manipulative then she wouldnt be well known as a bitch
>>
>>81926828
Mm. I loved Vriska, but hated (Vriska) and post-retcon Vriska. She lost the parts of her character that made her so charming before. I just couldn't like her anymore (though, really, I experienced the same thing with many of the other characters as well, Rose and Dave the most).

I love Caliborn, though, in pretty much the same way I loved Vriska. He matches her in some respects while having his own unique charm that makes him so enjoyable a character. Even with him going off on how much he hates everyone and wants to kill people, he's still so very charming that I can't find him hateful at all. Which is funny how I have the opposite feelings for Calliope. She wasn't REALLY that bad at first, like the B2 Kids were, but she just became so bland and the fact that the story tried to push hard how likable she's supposed to be left a real bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>81926549
>thinking about how decent Homestuck was until it completely soiled itself at the very last minute with such a basic writer's error as a retcon- in a story that used to be intricately designed to prevent exactly this kind of abuse of time travel in a narrative- hurts too much.

Yeah, from what I've seen of Homestuck, what I really get from it is that most creators really need to be careful when treading about with time travel fuckery, otherwise shit can get real messy.
>>
>>81926074

I hated her at first but then grew to like her and realise shes actually one of the most identifiable characters, i'd even go so far to say she was justified in killing Tavros.
>>
>>81926978
As with all things in paradox space, the exact cause of things is unclear and often times redundant. Karkat failed to make the frog right and this manifested as the Tumor and PROBABLY as the eventual destruction of the universe at the hands of Jack. But Vriska DIRECTLY causes the Bec prototyping by putting John asleep when he was about to prototype a doll that'd make Jack armless and unable to wield the ring. She did this because she thought his creation was inevitable so SHE wanted to be the one who did it.
>>
>>81926679
I can picture that being Kazerad since he enjoyed posting & mocking people in the awful webcomics thread on SA. He's very judgmental.
>>
File: 06329.gif (13KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
06329.gif
13KB, 650x650px
What was the fucking point of this character?
>>
>>81922346
>>81924625

one thing i'd have liked the series to answer definitively one way or the other, is whether there's ever been a "normal" session of sburb, or any session of sburb that exists outside the three universes portrayed in the series.

because really we never get any meaningful evidence that the multiverse actually exists beyond these three shitty universes fucking each other into existence + the big green shitty Exalted sun
>>
Eh, I hated Vriska. She stole way too much screen time. I wanted the focus on the beta kids.
>>
>>81927154
he is easy to project unto
hussie is saying none of us will ever amount to anything
>>
>>81927154
At this point, I just think that Karkat was meant to "motivate" people towards doing the right thing?

I mean, he did lead his fellow trolls to a victory in his session, He's gotta be real good at leading in order to do that. Even Meenah couldn't lead her own group to victory.
>>
>>81927154
I think the space-time continuum inside Hussie's brain required a Tavros to exist. Karkat became the new Tavros when the old one died and became an achiever of things.
>>
>>81926161

the thing is though, in Vriskas mind she actually is helping him, Tavros was never really forced to have anything to do with Vriska at all.

After a while I found it truly hard to hate Vriska for how she treated Tavros since Tavros never stood up for himself, and when he did he tried using violence, Tavros persistently threw himself into those situations with her
>>
File: what was th epoint.png (227KB, 444x443px) Image search: [Google]
what was th epoint.png
227KB, 444x443px
So thoughts on pic related? what was even the point?
>>
>>81927228
Didn't he just bully and manipulate people into doing shit the good way? Because that's what his leading was.
>>
>>81925910
Yeah, thanks!
>>
>>81922346

I would have looked past the ultimately boring and easily beaten Lord English to consider the game itself as a villain, since the game is the actual thing that brutally annihilates planets full of sentient life just so it can make shitty universe frogs, and that's before you get into the largely railroaded and predestined nature of the game.

Like IDEK how the end of homestuck is even supposed to be a happy ending or whatever, two species had to be murdered (twice each, thanks to the scratches) so that a handful of shitty losers could hang out in a shitty empty new universe and, what, all be faggots together?

The plot of sburb should have been these kids looking for the creator[s] of sburb so they can stab him[/them] in the eye.
>>
>>81927361
He was one of my favorite joke characters before he became full edgelord le spoopy cloun

I kind of feel like he was hussies way of finding a reason to kill off other joke characters, but then he just stuck around way too long and became an overstayed joke in and of himself.
>>
>>81927381
Well if heat death is the end of a universe killing the frog, the system in place to create new universes is hardly perfect, but the purpose it serves is ultimately for the best.
>>
>>81924742
/sug/ is in >>>/trash/.
>>
File: ERIDANSLUSUS.gif (79KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
ERIDANSLUSUS.gif
79KB, 650x650px
>>81927361
He got to raise Caliborn and keep Hussies Juggalo fetish contained.
What was HIS point?
>>
>>81922346
>Spade slick
>villain
>>
>>81927381
>The plot of sburb should have been these kids looking for the creator[s] of sburb so they can stab him[/them] in the eye.

Now that you bring that up, I have to wonder who or what actually created sburb? I mean, was it created somehow during all that shit going on in Act 7, or did some douchebag just decide to create it?
>>
>>81927249

I hope you get hit by a car
>>
>>81927361
Shrug. I have very few feelings about the guy or his role in Murderstuck. Sometimes he was funny and sometimes he wasn't. Bout all there is to the character.
>>
>>81927412

Some of you guys are alright, don't come to the meteor tomorrow
>>
Looking back on Homestuck, my favorite part was the midnight crew intermission.

Least favorite was the retcon. I feel like it could of worked, if it had been longer and we'd seen more character development as opposed to just the end result of the character development. I think Hussie mistakenly thought thought people would grow sick of that really fast.
>>
>>81927448
>was it created somehow during all that shit going on in Act 7
not insulting you, but how would that train of thought even arise?
>>
>>81927459

okay buddy pal
>>
>>81927412
Looking cool as heck and giving a representative of the Hope aspect that could show off the aspect's power yet be safely killed thanks to his villainous nature.

I would have kept him alive though; he had a lot more potential for character development than Vriska and Kanaya.
>>
>>81927448
sburb is paradox driven, he has no start or end, it just always existed even though that's a form of impossibility.
>>
>>81927361

I really wish he had more real character development besides ''he went crazy and killed people lol!''
>>
>>81927412
>To make an aquarius have a character to bond with then get shat on.

It still hurts.
>>
WeLoveFine contest status?
>>
>>81927486

literally kill yourself
>>
>>81927476
Shit, I don't know. Maybe what was in the treasure was also the first prototype of sburb? Maybe the frog had something to do with it?

God, I just want Hussie to make the epilogue already so that these questions can be answered. It feels like Homestuck hasn't even properly ended.
>>
>>81927490

I feel like to some extend he was made just to be killed, he was specifically written so people would want to see him die and then he dies in one of the most spectacular ways possible.

I agree though, he was generally much more interesting than Kanaya, Vriska had potential for character development but was just written badly
>>
>>81927527

sure friendo
>>
>>81927545
>Maybe the frog had something to do with it?
we don't know where the original frog appearified from, so yeah, who the fuck knows? it being white might just be the result of three sessions contributing to it, but I don't know how that would relate to the origin of sburb.

you're right about the juju being a fucking anomaly though.
>>
Where did he go wrong?
>>
>>81927545
>so that these questions can be answered

you are kidding yourself if you think the epilogue is going to answer anything

it's going to be like when they padded some meaningless shit onto the ending of ME3 that didn't make anything any better or fix any of the problems
>>
but when are we gonna see the SQUIDDLES session?
>>
>>81927490
>he had a lot more potential for character development than
No he didn't, Eridan was the DSP of Sburb, except actually written to be funny. The entire reason he was great was that he was literally incapable of learning or taking responsibility. I agree that he should have been kept around longer though.
>>
>>81927621
>>81927666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a31_BXcTgg

relevant
>>
>>81927666

there was never a squiddles session because the multiverse is literally actually just these three universes' worth of autists
>>
>>81927154
Dropped character and reduced to ship bait. We will see him having an angry manlet tantrum while giving a speech to the carapaces. Keep in mind that this is just an epilogue scene.

OR

We shouldn't give too much of a shit about post-retcon Karkat, so he can write him off as an asshole later for Hiveswap.
>>
>>81927448
Maybe it's an infinite chain leading in both directions. Maybe it represents the reproductive organs of a species that follow some sort of evolutionary origin. Maybe the horror-terrors created it one day when really bored and watching it is a form of entertainment to them.

Some mysteries are just mysteries.
>>
>>81927448
There doesn't need to be a creator, anon. Is it that hard to think that the way reality (or, well, the greater reality) works can be represented through an interface that resembles video games and programming? It's like how people say reality is math. The "video game" is just how each particular manifestation of Sburb we've seen chooses to present itself.
>>
>>81927666
Homestuck 2.0 will be an anime about the Squiddle session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmEZzp7o8i8
>>
>>81927725
>Some mysteries are just mysteries.

not when they kill your entire species

why is homestuck fandom full of genocidal autismos who think this is okay?
>>
File: caliboy.gif (9KB, 497x403px) Image search: [Google]
caliboy.gif
9KB, 497x403px
Does anyone else feel like Caliborn is basically the most tragic character of homestuck? Incapable of growth, he's doomed to repeat himself until death
>>
>>81927769
I'm pretty sure they're mysteries the most then. What with no one being alive to shed any clues on the situation.
>>
>>81927769
>not when they kill your entire species
what about the elementary particles that make up our physical reality? they're resonpsible for our laws of physics, they are uncaring and unfeeling, and we do not understand them.

sburb is much in the same vein
>>
>>81927769
>genocidal autismos

answered your own question m8. homestuck is meant to appeal to autists who wouldn't care about the human race being wiped out because literally nothing is real to them outside their personal spergspace
>>
>>81927769

Why are you getting morally invested in an internet webcomic?
>>
>>81927800

caliborn is literally the only character who achieves meaningful growth/development
>>
Why couldn't Homestuck have just focused on Dersite politics instead?
>>
>>81927837

he grows from angry green baby to angry green gorilla
>>
>>81927725
the problem with homestuck is that too many things are just mysteries

Homestuck and sburb have a lot of things that could be very interesting lorewise. Like how you can play an elderscrolls game, then go online later and just read up a shitload of background info that peppers the world.

But we will probably never get that with homestuck. Too much semi-psuedo-ironic hyper-contrarian psyche-out delayed gratification going on.

The main time we do get some straight forward info is from characters who just end up being walking exposition dumps (aranea and calliope)

I do hope at some point, he gives us not just epilogue info, but actual "here's some lore and facts about this universe I created but largely left unexplored since the scenario in the story is hugely a-typical of the game"
>>
>>81927809
>we do not understand them

which is why governments spend a lot of money on science to figure them out.

>>81927831

why would you ever consume a work as massive as homestuck and not consider it morally? are you an autist or merely a sociopath?
>>
>>81927448
I like to think the first players were hyperintelligent science frogs that broke everything to see what happens.
>>
>>81927800
He's the only one who ACTUALLY grew, though. In the most natural and satisfying way, actually.
>>
>>81927769
Earth is the testicle and all humans on it are the sperm and one day the great prostate will call for the ejaculation of all those sperm into the SBurb vagina. Sure almost all of them will die, but perhaps one can reach the Skaian egg and breed new life.

You cannot stop the spasm, the ejaculation is already set in motions by forces beyond your understanding even if under your control. Your only choice is to be the best sperm you can be and reach the egg.
>>
File: 1351980689416.png (162KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
1351980689416.png
162KB, 600x688px
Currently rereading all of it, the last time I got to about the middle of act 6 before I gave up.

Should I just skip every single dialoglog of the alpha kids unless it involves the cherubs?
>>
>>81927889

even if this were true, which it isn't, it would still be more growth and change than what is demonstrated by the rest of the cast of homestuck.
>>
File: karkat desk bonk.gif (28KB, 649x450px) Image search: [Google]
karkat desk bonk.gif
28KB, 649x450px
>>81922346
>It's a Homestuck thread without Homestuck in the name
For real, HS's main flaw is the absolutely batshit amount of scope creep.

We started with 4 kids playing a game and chess people on post-apocalyptic Earth, and ended up with 8 kids playing a game with 12 trolls, 2 cherubs, plus a variety of barely relevant chess people and ancestor trolls.
The story became the clusterfuck it is (in)famous for, an epic spanning two universes and five sessions, where every character had some depth to them and every detail could become crucial.
That's why we loved it, I think. Every character and chekov's gun could become important. Anything could happen, and that's why the chaotic "update culture" was so addictive.

At some point I assume Hussie realized he'd have to spend seven more years on this crap to tie up half the plot points and finish half the character arcs, and that's when he slowly slid down the slippery slope of Fuck This I Give Up and into the abyss of bullshit that were the Retcons and Act 7.
But before this, I think the story's biggest mistake was focusing on both the trolls AND the alpha kids, when it should have been an either/or choice.

Andrew Hussie is a man who dreamed so big he was crushed under the weight of his own creation.
God forgive his poor stained soul.
>>
>>81922346
>Ancestor Trolls

Don't even waste time with the Alpha Trolls if they're just shitting on your own fanbase. If you make characters, FUCKING DO SOMETHING WITH THEM. It triggers me that Hussie not only could've gotten some great moments and reflection on how far a character has come if they just talked with their equivalent. It also would've let Hussie TELL the retards who he was making fun of what they're doing wrong, even if that specific Alpha troll doesn't learn a lesson from it.

>Alpha Kids

Introduce them earlier. They essentially had to speed run their development throughout all of Act 6, and it makes the moments where they act like retards really hard to read through. Get rid of the relationship drama, or at least make Jane die because FUCK her.

>Vriska

Let her learn a fucking lesson! Literally just this unstoppable walking plot device who acts like a cunt, and learns nothing from it no matter how many times she gets told off or pummeled.
WHY. The thing that Hussie said about preventing "NepetaQuest" was an okay point at the time, but the story might as well be called VriskaQuest now.
>>
>>81927907

i take it you're one of those people who get angry at others for liking an 'immoral' character and ruin discussion for everyone else
>>
>>81927932
I think you can just watch the flashes, calliope+jad(n)e and aranea's stories and prob you won't miss anything.
>>
The only one who deserves to be bullied by Vriska is fucking Karkat.

Prove me wrong.
Even fucking Tavros trained to become a Cavalreaper, while Karkat was busy watching Romcoms, playing video games and flail like a retard with his sickle.
>>
what's Hiveswap's plot?
>>
>>81927929

that's a retarded, evil way to conceive of sentient species, and anything that thinks that should be fought and killed.
>>
>>81927994
Vriska never really bullied Karkat, felt more like playful teasing
>>
>>81928008
Joey and brown-blood coolkid switch places.

They try to stop a doomsday weapon.
>>
>>81927971
>everyone else

sorry i'm making you consider the actually interesting and meaningful implications of your autism comic about frogs
>>
>>81928059
so we're not gonna see any actual lore involving Sburb..... instead just troll stuff...
>>
>>81928026
Such pampered ideologies. When the spasm comes, if you choose to abstain, you will die irrelevant. As will between 99.99978 and 100% of the others, regardless of their beliefs and their ok-ness with the situation which will happen regardless of their beliefs and their actions.
>>
>>81927994

I dont get why people get defensive over Tavros, he gets himself into shit by refusing to stand up for himself and thinks that trying to kill Vriska counts as 'confidence'.

He basically brought his death upon himself imo, he could have just decided to have nothing to do with Vriska like the rest of the trolls, instead he chose the immature option and tried making some movie-esque stand against her which was retarded and got him killed.
>>
>>81927907
>which is why governments spend a lot of money on science to figure them out.
>what is skaianet
there's a deepweb of shit in homestuck that never gets explained, so please calm your autism
>>
remember when Karkat and Gamzee were Moirails?
>>
>>81927994

vriska bullied tavros because he had an assigned role and sucked at it

karkat was the Special Kid of alternia; he was literally so shitty that bullying him would have had no point
>>
File: glub glub.png (5KB, 169x232px) Image search: [Google]
glub glub.png
5KB, 169x232px
>irrelevant characters
glub glub motherfuckers
>>
>>81928100
>When the spasm comes

okay, so now i'm talking to someone who believes that homestuck is an actually real thing?
>>
>>81928090
Anon. Sburb is a doomsday weapon. Also Vriska's description listed her as an apocalypse buff, so she may also come back with a different name.

And what's to tell that Alternia isn't set around Condy's time of reign but by someone else?
>>
>>81928154

her only purpose was to get killed by Eridan who in turn was an irrelevant character
>>
>>81928117
Or the teensy bit of "character development" Gamzee got, from blackromming Terezi and feeling guilty about doing it behind Karkat's back?

I feel like Hussie dropped Gamzee's character because there were people who thought he was abusive and he got scared of waking that tiger. I mean, Hussie really tried hard to be as inoffensive as possible in Homestuck's latter (dying) days. Even deleted all those old comics of his. As a result, the story really suffered for it.
>>
>>81928154
Feferi would have had relevance by corollary if ANYTHING HAD EVER BEEN DONE WITH THE HORRORTERRORS.
>>
>>81926679
>>81926690
>>81926703
>>81926709

>all of these criticisms

autism.txt
>>
>>81928166
Am I? I'm sorry did you get lost somewhere on the big boy path to the potty or did you just knowingly decide to change goal posts because you realized that it's pointless to fight against the circular causality of Paradox space?
>>
>>81928201
>Even deleted all those old comics of his.
?
>>
File: karkat.png (15KB, 532x425px) Image search: [Google]
karkat.png
15KB, 532x425px
>>81928132
>yfw Karkat was never actually a the short angry kid that's all inside of us
>he was the autistic retard no one likes, except to fuck with
he's even a mutant, girls hate being around them except the only other autist cat girl, and his best friend was a clown
>>
>>81928201

People are way too obsessed with 'abuse' nowadays
>>
>>81928265
Part of his old Team Special Olympics page, often very crude and politically incorrect. He didn't pick and choose things to delete, but he stopped hosting his old content which included those.
>>
>>81927381

my favorite thing about Sburb is that it has literally no actual reason for wrecking the originating planet with meteors, as it could actually just go ahead and portal them to anywhere in the universe

it just wrecks the originating planet with meteors anyway because Sburb is a sociopathic sadistic mass murderer
>>
>>81928265
Team Special Olympics
Hussie got to financially invested into Homestuck, and thus was more worried about being inoffensive as not to lose fans (for the wrong reasons) Hussie has always listened to his fans when making stuff, but he ended up only listening to the loudest tumblr fans
>>
File: ps043.gif (64KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
ps043.gif
64KB, 650x450px
I find amazing that people shouting at eachother in a random chatbox were able to write and drive a far better story that Hussie alone.
>>
Completely replace Collide. What actually happened during the animation was pointless.
Spend that animation time on plot points that actually matter.

The worst was the ghost army. Not only did they achieve fucking nothing, but Act 7 has them all walking towards LE like they haven't been brawling with him.
>>
>>81928272
Sollux was one of his friends too until that just suddenly stopped being true for no reason.
>>
>tyrant karkat theory
>it's even supported how Echidna wants him to be trollkind's leader
>if hiveswap really is set in post-sgrub alternia, Karkat didn't do fucking jackshit to the bloodcaste system
>Trizza, the fuchsiablood troll, claims herself to be the second-best at memes

Does Dave love memes or something? Wouldn't surprise me if Karkat learned everything about human memes from Dave.
>>
>>81928330
The entire point of the ghost army was to be bait for Lord English. Nothing more needs to be said about them.
>>
>>81928352
Sollux was cool with Karkat because he's cool with everyone
>>
>>81928314
>it just wrecks the originating planet with meteors anyway because Sburb is a sociopathic sadistic mass murderer

or to keep the player count down to a select group?

If they planet wasn't destroyed, other players might get in. I don't have any proof, but I feel skaia has a "1 session per planet/universe" rule. The most direct way to make sure unwanted players don't get in is to kill them.
>>
>>81928272
>he was the autistic retard no one likes, except to fuck with

he was specifically the autistic retard nobody even really likes to fuck with

that's why vriska bullied tavros and not him. tavros was a meaningful target, bullying karkat would have just been pathetic.

karkat was just a weird shitty mutant who sperged a lot and didn't matter at all to anybody, the end
>>
>>81928397
>or to keep the player count down to a select group?
>If they planet wasn't destroyed, other players might get in. I don't have any proof, but I feel skaia has a "1 session per planet/universe" rule. The most direct way to make sure unwanted players don't get in is to kill them.

so, because sburb is a sociopathic mass murderer
>>
>>81928406
Vriska liked to push around Karkat in earlier panels, but ultimately saw him as a useless target because it's funner to try and get Tavros to grow
>>
>>81928430
Sburb is not sentient. Would you call the egg a sociopathic murderer for not letting more than one sperm in?
>>
>>81928467
>Sburb is not sentient
not that guy, but skaia is very much aware of it's own existence and fate. they say this at some point in the comic but good luck finding it.

it's why the kids' session had a tumor. it knew it was a doomed timeline from the get-go.
>>
>>81928397
There are multiple instances of the same universe within the Genesis Frog. If you think only 2 timelines exist, well, that's ridiculous. The Genesis Frog contains an entire universe (space) and all its possibilities (time).
>>
>>81928406
And if it wasn't for her bullying Tavros, he would have stolen Karkat's leadership role.
>>
>>81928506
Skaia (the clouds) doesn't do anything. It only knows and reflects its knowledge in the clouds.

That's probably where you got that idea from.
>>
>>81928110
>skaianet
this is actually really annoying. mom had ties to the lab, and all the guardians had a papertrail between them too. the lab behind roses house knew that the meteors were coming. they would come whether sburb was released on time or not. hell, meteors dropping the kids came way before.

the goverment must have known.
>>
>>81928545
Skaianet was Grandpa's private organization, just like Grandma's Lord English themed version of it was in the B2 universe.
>>
>>81928542
>That's probably where you got that idea from.
The session that you enter is tailored from the get-go. ectobiology stands as a causal loop for instance. the game 'knows' you will ectobiologize yourself, so it sends you back on a meteor. if the meteor containing the babies never come, it knew that you would not reach the ectobiology lab.

like many things tied to sburb, it's just a bullshit paradox that hussie can flip flop to his whim.
>>
>>81928525

>tavros
>leading anythign
>>
>>81928352
that's what happens when you elope with your girlfriend and don't see each other for three years.
>>
>>81928600
Anon, he was perfectly fine until the flarp session fucked him up with Vriska bullying him constantly.
>>
I am confused. Why was the key to defeating Lord English destroying the Green Sun?

Because why introduce another big villain and discard the old one if the new villain's weakness is exactly the same as the old one and he does not do anything of particular consequence?

Just have Bec Noir benefit somehow from the Scratch or some shit like that if you felt he was dropping off in power levels. Or just have preventing Caliborn and the Felt the main focus instead.

All these characters just seemed to sort of slide past each other rather than actually coming into conflict.
>>
>>81928659

tavros doesnt even have the mettle to dissasociate with someone who paralysed him let alone lead a team through the apocalypse
>>
>>81928724
>Because why introduce another big villain and discard the old one if the new villain's weakness is exactly the same as the old one and he does not do anything of particular consequence?
this made me realize that PM beating bec was pretty pointless if the green sun would be destroyed 5 minutes later rendering him defeatable again anyway.
>>
>>81928724
Watch Act 7 again. The Black Hole doesn't stop once it consumes the green sun, but rather it grows faster and faster. Calliope uses the green sun to create the enormous black hole needed to defeat Lord English (note almost all imagery regarding the Cals and Lord English center around the black holes, i.e. the billiard pockets).
>>
>>81928743
>what is (Tavros)

And here is something that would be a pretty fun twist.

Karkat was the Page all along, while Tavros could have been the Knight with his lance.
>>
>>81922346
The only thing i would have changed is extended the final animation to actually show the fight between LE and the kids, as well as some parts of calliborns masterpiece both to remind people it happened and give it some credit beyond claymation
>>
Does anyone have that test where you find out what your aspect and role would have been?
>>
>>81928820
all the tests are pretty obvious in their deciding factors, and the ones that are all zodiac based with numerical values etc. are just pretentious for the sake of being pretentious.

pick one that feels right, or better yet, pick one that doesn't.
>>
>>81928820
Go to >>>/trash/.

No seriously, there is a thread about aspect and role roleplaying.
>>
>>81928724
>Why was the key to defeating Lord English destroying the Green Sun?
it wasnt. it helped by making him less powerful but the key to defeating him was the tiny cueball which took the form of daves legendary piece of shit sword. The green sun just lowered his offense not his defense.
>>
>>81928820
This is the site I use:
https://www.random.org/
>>
>"Karkat is a good leader!"
>all those doomed Aradias making sure their session went well until the Bec incident
>>
File: endofhst.png (332KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
endofhst.png
332KB, 960x600px
>>81928869
>pick one that feels right, or better yet, pick one that doesn't.
deep
>>
>>81928946
I believe the only person who has ever said "Karkat is a good leader!" is himself right before crying to sleep.
>>
>>81928820
They're all self explanatory. Ask yourself the question "what would be my playstyle in this game" then apply the class that fits it the most.
>>
File: 1439710207419.gif (11KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439710207419.gif
11KB, 650x450px
STOP MAKING FUN OF KARKAT!
>>
Hey anons, at what point in the plot is the part where John gains the ability to reach through time with his arm and mess around with the alpha timeline going waaaaaaay back? I'm considering finally finishing this series off now that it's done.

Related question: is it worth taking the time to complete Homestuck if you stopped reading at some point out of apathy? There's so much I hated, but there's a lot of characters I whose fates I am curious about.
>>
No further build-up was necessary after Act 5 IMO. Act 6 was a mistake.
>>
>>81929040
>but there's a lot of characters I whose fates I am curious about.
yeah don't worry about it. just leave it desu
>>
>>81929045
c'mon everyone was excited to see the Alpha kids, i still remember people theorizing what the new Kids would be like
>>
>>81929040
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007992
>>
>>81928982
Didn't Vriska say herself that Karkat was too good of a leader, and that if he were shitty they might've actually succeeded in their session
>>
>>81929118
Well he was too good at getting people to stop fighting (otherwise they'd have more god tiers). Not so good at keeping the teem on track and deciding what they should be doing.
>>
>>81929136
That list makes no sense.
>>
File: 2EYE1cf.jpg (562KB, 2100x784px) Image search: [Google]
2EYE1cf.jpg
562KB, 2100x784px
>Hussie got his characters as a guest in some Namco dating sim that's still questionable for it's reason for existing
>but not for Indivisble
what character would be the best guest?
>>
>>81929082
Only because the Beta kids had become annoying at that point. If we knew how awful the Alpha kids would turn out to be nobody would have been excited.
>>
File: 00331retcon.gif (162KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
00331retcon.gif
162KB, 650x450px
>>81929102
the fact that pic related is totally viable to fit into the MC's canonity because of john's arm makes me so happy, I recall it was dave who looked it up at chapter 1k or something? will we ever get that midnight crew adventure or what

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=3&p=MC0001
>>
File: 1329930348762.gif (380KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1329930348762.gif
380KB, 650x450px
>>81929045
>that tingly moment you experienced when PM arrived in front of Jack and her wings unfurled

>then because plot demanded, Jack fell in love and then ran for his life for 3 fucking years
>mfw
>>
>>81929207
John.
>>
>>81929102
Thank you anon. The thing about this series is that it's so fucked up you can't even find where you've left off.

>>81929059
Yeah I'll probably just make up my own endings desu. Hussie is good at coming up with 5 great characters and 2 bad ones, and then spending the next few years trolling tumblr shippers who write fanfiction shipping the 2 bad ones by focusing exclusively on their various romances.
>>
>>81929118
That's Act 5 Vriska, anon. You shouldn't trust her words.

Like Karkat and Terezi acting like a married couple, according to her.
Or her assuming that Kanaya has a crush on Tavros.
Or that Karkat should stay off as a human.
>>
>>81924630
erection_in_progress.jpg
>>
>>81929203
You're just shit in bed and bothered about being informed of it.
>>
>yfw Aradia, Sollux and Vriska aren't mentioned and don't appear in the epilogue, leaving their fates forever unknown
>>
>>81929207
Ace Dick
>>
>>81929273
Aradia wanted to live forever, and she will because nothing can hurt her where she is. That's kind of an ending, more than what many characters got.
>>
Ok since this is pretty much just a homestuck thread now can some one please tell me if these questions where answered. Feel free to call me an idiot if this shit was actually explained.

A) Who raised mom and bro? How did they know about SBurb? I know Crocker explains nanna and grampa but the other side I don't get.

B) Where Jane's and John's Dad's the same person genetic wise? Where did the dads even come from?

Once again feel free to call me an idiot
>>
>>81929218
Yep
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002227

Also kinda
http://mspfanventures.com/?s=13

MSP adventures are recursive, I'm pretty sure Jailbreak and Bard Quest showed up in Problem Sleuth at one point, which is canonically a thing in the Homestuck universe both as a story, and as Dersite/Prospitean chess characters.

The Felt intermission and the various instances of SS/CD/DD/HB in timelines are "technically" the stories of the Midnight Crew. In-universe, it's also what the crew of the exiled Jack from Karkat's session is called.

>>81929267
That's harsh, man.
>>
>>81929380
Mom and Bro were technically just regular folks
Roxy was raised by capricians and Dirk was raised by himself as a baby.
They knew about sburb because mom worked in ruins and Bro was being influenced by the antagonist
>>81929380
>Where Jane's and John's Dad's the same person genetic wise?
No in one Case Dadylr was Johns Father and the other Dad was John's son. Ectobiliogy is weird like that.
>>
>>81929380
>A) Who raised mom and bro? How did they know about SBurb? I know Crocker explains nanna and grampa but the other side I don't get.
Bro was raised by Cal, but really maybe Grandpa
Mom learned about Sburb because she worked for Grandpa, and Bro is Bro
>B) Where Jane's and John's Dad's the same person genetic wise? Where did the dads even come from?
probably adopted, but never really explained further than that
>>
>>81928995
If pre-retcon Karezi doesn't happen during the epilogue, I just want to see (Karkat) getting shipped with (Vriska).

I will laugh my ass off if we see another scene with punk Karkat and Vriska being happy while Terezi is trying to smile without cringing herself to double-death. It would be the best update of all time. And I don't even ship these fuckers.

Also the epilogue should never show the alpha version of the kids, just minor characters like Jack Noir and Ms. Paint, the Felt, Droog and CD, Aradia and Sollux, the ghost army surviving and celebrating, alpha Vriska nowhere to be seen etc.
>>
as someone who wants to make a webcomic, what is there to be learned from homestuck?
>>
>>81929380
A) We don't know. It's treated as a thing that didn't matter, and I'd agree.
B) We don't know, but he pretty much has to be genetically the same for the John-pseudo-reuinion to make even the little bit of sense it does. We just don't know where the dads come from. The most logical explanation is they're adopted. If he's the biological son of both Jane AND John in separate universes, well he'd have to have been made through time-travelling incest both times.
>>
>>81929380
They "raised themselves" after their arrival on Earth. I remember it being brought up as a point to explain how badass Dirk is or something. In the rebooted universe, the same happens to Dave and Rose, but it shows up very vaguely in like 2-3 panels.

B is never explained or even hinted at. Neither is it ever clarified whether the people living in John's neighborhood and on his dad's serious business PDA are real at all, or for that matter if a single other person lived on the planet besides the protagonists and various actors they have posters of.
>>
>>81929464
How to do the 'transported to a new dimension' trope right. Can be a really good exercise in time travel plots. Only abiding by causality though.

Also a lesson in how more is not always a good thing.
>>
Jane's barren womb
>>
>>81929464
The oldest lesson of all: the more consistent your updates the kinder the reception. When the updates go, the viewers go as well.
>>
>>81929497
>How to do the 'transported to a new dimension' trope right.
If anything, Homestuck is a terrible example because it's revealed that they've been living inside the game all along.
>>
>>81929464
Respect your audience and your characters. That doesn't mean giving your audience exactly what they want and it doesn't mean giving your characters the spotlight or anything. It means acknowledging the implicit understanding in choosing to tell a story publicly that the journey will be worth it. Break the rules whenever you think it's important, but remember to follow them sometimes too.
>>
File: 07583.gif (10KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
07583.gif
10KB, 650x450px
Just caught up and finished it.

I thought the buildup to the final fight was a lot better than the actual ending itself.
>>
>>81929565
you can't kill lord english

there was never going to BE a fight
>>
>>81929548
want to expand on that? I was thinking more of the acts 1 - 4 worldbuilding. I'm fine at admitting how shit the comic got, I just really enjoyed the early stuff.
>>
>>81929543
even if it's shit, derivative, and doesn't appeal to a sane sense of humor?

i don't intend to make something like that, but it's always good to know what the lowest pass mark is
>>
>>81929591
RTFC
>>
>>81929599
Considering the popularity of shit like QC, Endtown, and LiCD
>>
>>81929527
OFFICIAL BREEDING TIER LIST:

REPOPULATION TIER
Jade

ISLAMIC FAMILY TIER
Jane
Aradia
Feferi

WHOLESOME AMERICAN FAMILY TIER
Roxy
Nepeta
Terezi

MISCARRIAGE TIER
Rose
Vriska

BARREN AS THE VOID TIER
Kanaya
>>
File: 08014.gif (33KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
08014.gif
33KB, 650x450px
>>81929591
I meant all the fights in Collide.

Also a lot of bullshit pulled out of nowhere really quickly, like "okay Davesprite is still alive, oh he just combined with Nepsprite, okay that's a thing now"
>>
>>81929591
I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere he can only be killed through glitches in spacetime.

It's why slick brought the felt even if they amounted to nothing.
>>
>>81929656
Would you consider a singularity a glitch in spacetime? And if so go back to sleep, Einstein.
>>
>>81929647
>Also a lot of bullshit pulled out of nowhere really quickly

all the sprite stuff in act six, basically

>>81929656
and did they utilize any of these?

even calliope had to resort to a black hole consuming the green sun
>>
File: 355454353.jpg (30KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
355454353.jpg
30KB, 619x386px
Is his and Hussie's writing style similar? Never read the books but I have this feeling they are pretty close as far as overly convoluted plots and having over nine million characters go.
>>
>On one wall hangs a picture of a fella who sure knows how to have a laugh, a man after your own heart. You always thought he looked a lot like Michael Cera. But your DAD swears on the many HALLOWED TOMBS of Egypt that it is not.
>HALLOWED TOMBS of Egypt
Huh
>>
>>81929599
Kinder doesn't mean kind, mind you. But you'll be a whole lot better off if you have a modest schedule and keep it.
>>
>>81929689
>>81929690
I wasn't implying LE was beaten, I like to think he killed everyone and wins, just saying what was stated in the comic.
>>
File: a3566632315_10.jpg (25KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
a3566632315_10.jpg
25KB, 350x350px
>>81929643
>Kanaya
>barren
>>
>>81929760
kanaya's womb was sploded
>>
>>81929731
If the words Hussie uses are specifically "glitch in spacetime" that might refer specifically to black holes. And based on how Problem Sleuth ended, I'm leaning more and more towards that being the intended interpretation of Act 7.
>>
File: 1460206686901.jpg (354KB, 856x763px) Image search: [Google]
1460206686901.jpg
354KB, 856x763px
>>81929464
>good things you can learn
-consistent updates allows fans to keep talking about your comic
-having a shit ton of characters from all over can give fans something to attach too
-not explaining your lore right away gives fans reason to talk about your comic and theorize

>mistakes you can learn from
-you can only go so far insulting your audience before they stop thinking it's funny and start leaving
-never forget your first fans, as they were the first ones to get into your work, the ones who shared it, and the ones who will stay the longest until you fuck with them to much by pandering to new fans, because new fans treat your work like a passing fancy and are fickle
-if your work offended someone unintentionally don't change it, as it looks even worse on your part
-don't tell your reader exactly how a battle is going to go down before it happens
-don't end your comic with loose ends in your lore, every mystery is another story for you, it's in YOUR best interest to explain everything eventually
-remember to have focus on your main characters first, it's okay to give supporting characters an arc, but remember who's the main character
-don't introduce the main character of your comic at the 5th Act
>>
>>81929790
[citation needed]
>>
>>81929871
speedreadanon really went out with a bang
>>
Looks like the kids all woke up. Time to go to sleep.
>>
where the fuck are the karkuck fics?

I want Jade to cuck Karkat from his boyfriend Dave
I want Dave to cheat on Karkat by banging Jade and Jane at the same time
I want Terezi to tell Karkat that she doesn't want to be in any relationship until Vriska comes back
I want Rose to cuck Karkat by hanging around Kanaya all the time and not allowing him to interact with her
I want John asking Karkat for romance advice while he is grubsitting and close to off himself
>>
>>81924742
KIDS AND FUN
>>
>>81929892
then again I guess it's possible kanaya never had a womb to splode.

troll biology amirite
>>
File: This is a fucking travvesty.png (159KB, 764x598px) Image search: [Google]
This is a fucking travvesty.png
159KB, 764x598px
>>81929892
It was Eridan
>>
>>81929925
>>81930010
pretty sure we literally know how trolls reproduce, thanks to THE COMIC
>>
>>81929706
Nah. They don't have the same writing style and their plots are very different too. I don't think GRRM just drops possible ways to advance the story as he goes so that he has plenty of things to choose from in the future.
>>
>>81930047
What if slurry seed comes from the same place as it would on a human?
>>
>>81930047
the 'genetic' material that comes from female trolls probably comes from a womb
>>
eri did nothin wwrong
>>
File: sadhussie.jpg (86KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
sadhussie.jpg
86KB, 500x531px
>>81929826
>>
File: karkat - uh huh.png (14KB, 645x447px) Image search: [Google]
karkat - uh huh.png
14KB, 645x447px
>>81922346
>what should have happened
the series should have ended on a cliffhanger at the end of Act 5 with the Scratch and never got another update, and everyone would have lamented how it never got finished right when it was "getting amazing".
>>
>>81930104
then the canon MASSIVE DICK SHADOW ( http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=010014 ) would negate >>81930125
>>
File: 1460554961962.png (56KB, 476x246px) Image search: [Google]
1460554961962.png
56KB, 476x246px
>>81929212
>Only because the Beta kids had become annoying at that point.
are you fucking serious
>>
>>81930197
my god
>>
>>81930067
This.
While both works get very complicated, GRRM's way of dealing with it is a whole lot more natural and satisfying ( see, for example, the Meereenese knot.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Meereenese_knot

While GRRM takes his sweet time writing his books,most plot-lines do get a normal, satisfying conclusion. Which is why D&D (of GoT) are the hacks of asoiaf.
>>
>>81929826
>-don't tell your reader exactly how a battle is going to go down before it happens
for some reason i'm immediately reminded of Sonichu's "Next issue I get out of the time void!"
>>
>>81927133
>he enjoyed posting & mocking people in the awful webcomics thread on SA

Until they started posting & mocking him.
>>
>>81926417
A quick offscreen death caused purely by her hubris would have been GOAT. Something that makes sense and is kind of ironic, preferably. And then nobody talking about her for the rest of the comic. She can get a Can Town memorial for her trouble.

>>81927907
Man, the moral implications of Homestuck's universe and themes are really fucking scary when you think about it for more than two seconds.
>The destruction of whole civilizations for some shitty kids to play a game, suffer, and make another universe for more civilization to turn to ashes and suffer.
>The unnatural murder of two universes.
>Predestination, and how your mindset is enough to cause you to retroactively create your problems in the first place (e.g. Bec Noir)
>Doomed timelines in general.
>Individuals being replaceable and experience not mattering because you're part of an imaginary greater self.
>Other versions of you taking your place you because they did something that advanced reality's inscrutable agenda and you didn't.
>Loss of individuality due to prototyping/cherub predomination.
>Captchalogued consorts, Casey being stuck in John's sylladex for eternity after Typheus kills him
>Powers that could save everyone and everything, but never will because a kid is scared of accidentally undoing existence.
>A universe in which good people are punished and bad people are rewarded just for 'making things happen'
Horrorterrors are just a bunch of big cuddly squids next to these thoughts.
>>
Characters who deserve the sweet embrace of death:
>>
I stopped it around A6I3
Should I read the rest of it or should i coun't my blessings ?
>>
>>81930197
>Canon
That's guest art
If we take these depictions as canon, then Jane gained a lot of weight before Vriskagram and lost it almost immediately after.
Same for the trolls getting ears.
>>
>>81930252
God damn it, that's what I thought about as well.
Are you me?

On a related note, what would it be like if CWC had discovered Homestuck when he was in his comic-making prime?
>>
adorb rorb lalorb
>>
>>81930277
>Echidna telling Kanaya to protect Karkat and raise another asshole into becoming an evil dictator
>so that kids who suffer from his rule want to play sburb again and create a new universe
>and then have the next edgy kid become leader of a new civilization
>>
>>81925698
Well, the Trolls got through SGRUB on their own without outside help or stuff like that. They just had their Reward taken away at the very last second.
>>
Everything right up to and including Cascade was fine.

The fail started with the three-year timeskip in which the characters got zero development. This turned all their core characters on their heads, made them into lazy stupid jagoffs.
>>
>>81930302
You have the worst part of the comic ahead of you.
I'd say go for it. Might as well.
>>
>>81930360
>sonichu gets stuck in the CWC's adult chronicles game
>>
>>81930386
>without outside help or stuff like that
RTFC
>>
>>81930365
Karkat getting cucked by everyone and only having grub toddlers to talk with
>>
>>81930302
You have about 3000 pages to get through, some of which are decent. Skip through most of the bullshit and read the Caliborn sections. You'll be done in a day at most.
>>
>>81929464
Making your characters like stupid nerdy shit is a good way to make them relatable. Give them distinct, but subtle speech mannerisms, they'll be more memorable.
They need clear flaws and things to work towards. But don't get them what they want - give them (or make them aware of) what they need.
Also, learn from Hussie's mistakes: background characters can become relevant, protagonists should not disappear into the shadows.
>>
>>81930386
Minus their entire precursor civilization being rebooted for the sake of them completing the game, and being guided by an omniscient fucking god. Caliborn takes the cake in terms of perseverance and being justly rewarded.
>>
Where did the white frog come from?
>>
>>81930219
I remember when Act 6 was coming up thinking very distinctly that it would be nice to start a side story with fresh characters not waist deep in pointless drama the way late Act 5 was. It was similar to the sense of relief when you got out of Act 5.1 and into Act 5.2 and finally saw a non-troll character again.

Of course, then Act 6 came out and almost all the Alpha kids started out worse than the worst of the Act 5 Beta kids. So much for that.
>>
>tfw I never got the misattributed quote joke
>>
File: 2555.png (75KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
2555.png
75KB, 650x450px
>>81930530
>>
>>81927504
so Sburb is the biggest JuJu of them all?
>>
HOW DID 48 GIANT TENTACLE RETARDS BEAT SBURB
>>
>>81930252
Didn't Chris literally just appear in a panel that issue with no mention of how he got out and none of the characters mentioned it again?
>>
So...what was "the Rapture"?
>>
>>81930658
they became horrorterrors, unclear how, but they did
>>
>>81930698
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009828
>>
>>81930698
the third biggest scam that religious people believe in
>>
>>81930658
Welll...they might actually be amalgamations of dead Sburb players, so the 48 player squiddle session that made the Troll Universe might not have been Horrorterrors/squiddles before hypothetically dying after claiming their reward..
>>
File: 1460207246378.png (130KB, 310x330px) Image search: [Google]
1460207246378.png
130KB, 310x330px
>>81930166
>>
>>81930365
Karkat having a talk with WV, saying farewell instead of the usual goodbye and when he exits his room, he pulls out his homes smell ya later and slices his neck off
>>
File: 00006.gif (53KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
00006.gif
53KB, 650x450px
Who moved John's cake onto his bed back on page 6 ? That was before he installed Sburb, so it wasn't Rose that was magically moving items around his home.
>>
>karkat fucks his way through a universe of carapace, troll and human pussy
>>
>>81930795
>it turns blue

John, probably
>>
>>81930795
The Audience.
>>
>>81930795
You did.
>>
File: 1460830397058.png (85KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460830397058.png
85KB, 400x400px
>>81930795
IT WAS ME, JOHN

I MOVED THAT BIRTHDAY CAKE SO YOU COULD RETRIEVE YOUR ARMS
>>
>>81930795
It's either an abstract representation of the events (like how he's shown without arms), or the reader him/herself because meta.
>>
File: IMG_2076.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2076.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>81930752
>>
Now that Homestuck is almost over, Hussie can work on his true masterpiece: Bard quest
>>
>>81930752
Why does Davepeta have such a huge ass?
>>
>>81930941
thats a REFRANCE, you deliberately obtuse dubfuck
>>
>>81930925
Nice neckbeard you fucking faggot.
>>
>>81930891
It couldve been.
>>
>>81930752
What was the point of this scene again?
>>
File: this is what the refrance.jpg (76KB, 539x487px) Image search: [Google]
this is what the refrance.jpg
76KB, 539x487px
>>81930941
>>
>>81930941
because davepeta does squat(s)
>>
>>81930998
r-remember homestuck g-guys
>>
>>81930811
You mean Karkat fucking underaged troll pussy.

>that one Act 6 convo where Karkat projects his blackrom feelings to Vriska
>post-sburb and on a new planet
>Adult Karkat ordering Trizza and other highbloods to capture cerulean girls, because they are the rarest kind from a male-dominated blood caste
>Karkat building himself an harem of cerulean bitches

Make it fucking canon, Hussie.
>>
File: 2.png (36KB, 557x435px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
36KB, 557x435px
So a friend told me the comic was over so i finally started it up
Does this shipping stuff stay through the comic?
>>
File: CKp7capUEAEgwTI.jpg large.jpg (83KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CKp7capUEAEgwTI.jpg large.jpg
83KB, 1024x576px
>>81930998
to generate Twitter buzz in a really hamhanded way?
>>
>>81930998
Huss really didn't get why people loved Nepeta and Equius when he made one just as a cheap lolcats/shipping joke and the other as a weird sweaty guy who likes massive muscular horsecock
but if that's what the fans want then he'll bring it back creepier than ever
>>
>>81930658
They didn't actually become the horrorterrors; rather, they were so similar to them, they ended up getting their help.
That's my headcanon anyway.

>>81931076
HIVESWAP IS A PREQUEL
IT HAPPENS IN THE TROLL EQUIVALENT OF THE NINETIES, YOU CHUCKLEFUCK

>>81931081
If you think that's shipping and not friends being friends, then you need to stop.
The actual shipping will break you.
>>
>>81931076
>because they are the rarest kind from a male-dominated blood caste
is this actually in canon
>>
>>81931081
Oh man, you have no idea.
Just fuckin' wait until you get to Act 5.
>>
>>81931026
>>81931106
really guys
>>
>>81931076
>underaged troll pussy
>blackrom feelings to Vriska

rough grubfucking when
>>
>>81931081
No, thats just john being dorky
>>
who faced Yaldabaoth in the troll sessions?
>>
>>81931081
Yes.
Insufferable shipping bullshit is repeatedly brought up, sometimes as its own joke. It's bearable at least until act 6 when it hits an awful nadir.
>>
>>81931147
Yes, on Mindfang's journal.

It makes her a mary sue and a special one for having mind control powers.
>>
>>81931137
>Hiveswap is a prequel

>Roxy
>>
>>81931137
>>81931169
>>81931157
Alright.
This was actually pretty funny.
Is this mostly a comedy thing?
>>
>>81931147
>>81931191
kek

That's pretty good Hussie
>>
>>81931137
>Hiveswap is a prequel
>not knowing about time bullshit in paradox space
>implying the troll planet isn't set in the future
>>
>>81931179
Tavros
>>
>>81931081
Well, it becomes more apparent and gay the further you are in the comic.
>>
>>81931216
that joke right there foreshadows the death of a man in a parallel universe
>>
>>81931216
Yeah totally man, just good ol' kids and fun.
>>
We never did get closure on FedoraFreak
>>
>>81931179
no one; yaldabaoth is rare and considering it took immense training from Caliborn, who was God Tier in the strongest class possible, to come out on top, the trolls wouldn't have stood a chance

for a while though i was nursing a theory that eridan got him and said martyr not out of any desire to be benevolent but because he had no faith in his capabilities and was looking for an out of having to fight his ferocious denizen after losing to sollux, but i'm a delusional eri fanboy so of course that didn't actually happen
>>
>>81925994
where is this from?
>>
>>81931216
Kinda somewhat mostly yes.
The later parts step away from the comedy a bit, but there are still some jokes here and there.
>>
>>81931216
It starts out that way, but Homestuck has severe mood swings.
This is both a blessing and a curse. What is a joke now can end up being relevant in the most horrifying way imaginable. But tense scenes unfortunately get very whimsical and that can be distracting.
Also, especially later on, it becomes a full-on young adult drama that never gets a satisfying resolution.
>>
>>81931216
Yes. That's meant to be comedic irony with the setup being a can of peanuts being typically filled with spring snakes, an obvious and routine trick, and instead being an overly-serious medical condition.
The joke has been explained, and will never be funny again.
>>
>it didn't turn out that Yaldaboath blinded Caliborn because he's the fucking sun

>the weird right angles thing didn't turn out to be the way caliborn could perceive the universe despite his lack of eyes

>no reveal that LE is actually blind
>>
Would Caliborn have beaten his denizen had it not been for the crowbar?
>>
>>81931216
At first, then it rapidly descends into convoluted plot threads and teenage drama. Chatlogs and the author commenting on things will begin to get scarcer later on. If you're looking for a more lighthearted aspect with the same style and humor, Problem Sleuth would probably be a better start.
>>
File: received_10204469770504560.jpg (15KB, 540x199px) Image search: [Google]
received_10204469770504560.jpg
15KB, 540x199px
>>81931321
>that never gets a satisfying resolution
>>
>>81931375
>the author commenting on things will begin to get scarcer later on

You LIAR.
>>
>>81931315
Wakfu Season 1, French anime, highly recommended.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=577738
>>
>>81931380
>Implying it does
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It doesn't; by the end of the comic, most characters just magically like each other again.
>>
>>81931375
>the author commenting on things will begin to get scarcer later on
you never actually read homestuck.
>>
>>81931370
yes
Yoloboner isn't a time juju
crowbar is a simple iron stick for him
>>
>>81931407
>>81931431
Compared to Act 1.
>>
>>81931407
The anon didn't lie?
The authot doesn't comment for pretty much all of the second half of act 6
>>
File: aiki.jpg (59KB, 329x375px) Image search: [Google]
aiki.jpg
59KB, 329x375px
>>81931461
>>
>>81931179
Gamzee was the one who dealed the most damage to the Black King so him maybe
>>
>>81931265
>>81931267
>>81931316
>>81931321
>>81931323
>>81931375
Neat
Also this song is really good.
Did the author make it?
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001977
>>
>>81931428
E P I L O G U E

Pretending it won't happen is a new HSG meme.
>>
>>81931431
What the fuck have you been reading?
The author text basically disappears after the trickster arc, save for the Caliborn intermissions.
>>
>>81931486
>dealed

dealt

the word you are trying to use is "dealt"
>>
>>81925540
If you like Sburb, you'd like Sburb Glitch FAQ

http://archiveofourown.org/works/340777/chapters/551606
>>
>>81931500
see
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/soundcredits.html
I don't think Huss makes any music.
>>
>>81931229
he made a lot of the female trolls special snowflakes
Vriska is what stated before (so that also makes Aranea this as well, two female trolls of a male dominated caste who also have mind control powers! who would have thought!)
Kanaya and Porrim are both Jade bloods, the rarest of all bloods! and they're also Rainbow Drinkers! how about that! (kind of unclear if being a rainbow drinker is something all Jade bloods have or just them)
Feferi and Meenah are royalty so take that as you will
Terezi is blind but can see with her nose, and can use her aspect powers on the same level as god tiers despite not being one!
Aradia is Aradia so there's that already
and Nepeta... well she's "normal"
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (209KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
209KB, 1024x1024px
>>81931514
are we just straight up calling this shit cancer general again

oh boy guys tell me what I should name my half-troll half-cherub OC's children
>>
File: ps1611_4.gif (18KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
ps1611_4.gif
18KB, 650x450px
>>81931500
>this sweet innocent Anon will eventually reach Act 7
>>
>>81931500
Well, it's specific to Homestuck.

Showtime (Piamo Refrain)
Written by Malcolm Brown
Arrangement by Kevin Regamey

This particular tune will come back later a couple times in a couple of remixes and rearrangements.
>>
Your name is JACK NOIR.

You have spent a countless amount of time in MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON after a colorful dame turned you in to the authorities.

What will you do?
>>
>>81931197
That's young Mom Lalonde.
Also, Grandpa Harley is alive and a bit younger, that's why he had kids with Ms. Claire.

>>81931248
...I could actually see that. He did a pacifist run, that's pretty impressive in a game about killing things, and a strong warrior doesn't need to be literally a fighter.

>>81931310
Dirk didn't get Caliborn and Alt Calliope's Choice, did he?
Also let's be real, Eridan would have probably murdered his denizen on sight like Vriska did.
>>
>>81931475
I can spam reaction images too. Hussie's dialogue and contributions gradually get confined to him as an in-universe character, and appearances inside shit like Caliborn's MSPA tower or the header mouseover dialogue. Seriously, compare Act 1 to any of the later ones. 90% of the pages are hero mode with no character commands, just a ==> followed by a similar page. Even if narration appears, it's only during character introduction or plot-heavy moments.
>>
>>81931622
masturbate furiously

for TEN THOUSAND YEARS
>>
did The Summoner naturally have mutant wings or what?
why didn't Tavros also have them?
all the trolls all seemed to have the same mutations and powers as their dancestors
>>
>>81931572
Vriska and Kanaya are done on purpose, being references to Mary Sues and Twilight Vampires respectively

Terezi is a Daredevil reference combined with alien weirdness, the others are just weird
>>
>>81931500
Honestly you should always start by reading Problem Sleuth, it's immediately funny and stays great from start to finish. Homestuck has a lot of dips that you only tolerate because you had faith after Problem Sleuth.
>>
>>81931622
Find the nearest scrap of paper, something to write with, and begin furiously scratching up an ESCAPE PLAN.

>>81931649
>did The Summoner naturally have mutant wings or what?
Yes, but they developed later in his life, because he was able to hide them for a while if memory serves me right.
Presumably, Rufioh got old enough to grow them, but Tavros will remain 13 forever so he'll never get wings. :(
>>
>>81927361
Was waiting for him to come out of the fridge to do SOMETHING. Seriously, why keep him alive post-retcon if the only thing he's going to do is be locked in a fucking cupboard?
>>
>>81931645
You have considered the notion, but you are missing your FAVORITE ARM.

>>81931706
There are no sources of paper in your CELL. The last time you were given a napkin, you tried to use it to slice a guard's throat.

Needless to say you no longer are given napkins.
>>
>>81931737
he comes out of the fridge in the far future when Caliborn lets him out

doofus
>>
>>81931649
It's mentioned in the second HTML5 walkaround game, basically what >>81931706 says. It's possible that Tavros got crippled in more way than one, and his wings never developed beyond stubs.
>>
>>81931737
to raise Caliborn in the distant future, being a purple blood i guess he can live forever
>>
Which Karkat do you prefer, hst?

The friendly cuck one who gets fucked over all the time and babysits his husband's child

Or the fully-realized professional leader with amibitious goals such as: >>81931076
>>
>>81931801
it's because he's a god tier idiot
>>
>>81931701
I already read it, it was really funny.
I liked the quest the animal dudes went on and all the Ace Dick stuff.
>>81931598
>>81931548
Alright cool, its a really nice song
>>81931578
Its pretty okay so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see it end and feel a little sad
>>
>>81931808
a karkat who actually gets character development
>>
>>81931737
either the black hole on LOTAK took him to Caliborn or he survived until Caliborn showed up on earth

both explanations work
>>
>>81931822
It's a costume. He had it sewn together for him and acquired it in the dream bubbles.
>>
File: bowman.png (55KB, 561x610px) Image search: [Google]
bowman.png
55KB, 561x610px
Will somebody please tell the newfriend about the glory that is bowman.
>>
>>81931828
>filename

Hussie got BUSTED
>>
>>81931832
So, the bottom one

got it pham
>>
>>81931850
Caliborn literally magdumps into him and he survives

he's a god tier.
>>
>>81931915
nah, clowns are just really hard to kill for some reason
>>
>>81931915
he's NOT god tier

he literally survives because "lol cloun"
>>
File: The biggest hussie hustle.jpg (414KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
The biggest hussie hustle.jpg
414KB, 960x640px
How does it feel to get hussie hustled /co/?
>>
>>81931915
he survived because purple bloods are retardedly resilient, most likely due to Scratchs meddling with Alternian biology
>>
>>81931828
kek
Honestly, you are in for some amazing stuff, then some mediocre stuff, and then it just drags on and on without payoff.

If you intend on reading the entire comic, I'd suggest you to really binge. It's the only way to get through much of act 6.
>>
>>81931915
can't le keep down le clown :o) honkhonk meme honk shitty character developement honk
>>
>>81931165
>IT'S AWWWWWWWRIGHT
>>
File: 1419469532565.png (162KB, 308x700px) Image search: [Google]
1419469532565.png
162KB, 308x700px
I made this for you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyUvEixF1HE
>>
>>81930277
The unsettlingly grave aspects of homestuck are actually what drew me in. The amount of existential shit that hits the fan made it feel like I was reading Camus in a 21st century creation myth. The fact that the ending was a generic "And they all lived happily ever after. Thanks for playing" was what made the ending bullshit or me. Hell, if the last skaia vision was cut from Act 7 I would have been happy with it, because it would have the sort of abusrdist outlook on life that it had at the start
>>
>>81927361
Gamzee was my favorite troll before he went crazy and killed my second favorite troll Equius.

At first the whole 'he dun gon crazy' thing was genuinely unnerving, but after Karkat calmed him down with soosh-paps he still went all edgy and kept just being an asshole in general. He stopped being likable.

To be honest I had hoped he would stay dead when Caliborn pumped him full of lead. (First time the comic got me bursting with laughter in years)
>>
Real talk I do want to do a post-Sburb Jack Noir adventure, but I can't draw for shit.

Would you play a text adventure?
>>
>>81931915
He isn't. His wings fall off after he gets shot
>>
>>81932009
thanks anon

...I think
>>
File: 1460591973593.jpg (105KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
1460591973593.jpg
105KB, 500x426px
>>81932009
You cheeky cunt.
>>
>>81932009
what's the music from
>>
>>81932009
son of a bitch...
>>
File: 1460515466421.png (734KB, 488x610px) Image search: [Google]
1460515466421.png
734KB, 488x610px
What if someone just straight-up shot Vriska? Would anyone besides Terezi see any wrong in that? I mean really, would anyone miss her at all? She refused multiple times to learn or change her ways and she's been bullying people into following her. She wasn't needed on the meteor at all and her presence has actively made the comic more and more horrible every time she shows up.
>>
>>81932009
perfect
>>
>>81931915
He's indisputably NOT a god tier and didn't die at all, but if he was a god tier and did die there, he would have stayed dead anyway. I don't know why you'd think that scene does anything for your factually wrong case.
>>
>>81932115
Yes-Roundabout
Used as a credits song in the jojo anime
>>
File: fL9LemQf4URf0IaziimdhA.png (12KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
fL9LemQf4URf0IaziimdhA.png
12KB, 800x900px
>>81932009
You magnificent bastard
>>
File: tumblr_o5sfa22aL61uiysr5o2_400.png (22KB, 253x420px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5sfa22aL61uiysr5o2_400.png
22KB, 253x420px
Remember when Andrew tricked us into think Doc Scratch captured Aradia?
>>
File: HSburbG+.png (55KB, 564x713px) Image search: [Google]
HSburbG+.png
55KB, 564x713px
>>81931859
He tried to create a /hsg/ Sburb session. It went as well as you would expect
>>
File: Grubs.png (6KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
Grubs.png
6KB, 243x216px
>>81931076
>>81931165
>>81931989
>every grub playing around
>grub vriska gets uncomfortably close to his bulge

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: Gamzee salad.gif (94KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gamzee salad.gif
94KB, 650x450px
>>81932009
GOdammit
I knew what was coming but it still got me
>>
>>81931841
Yeah, fine, but it was such an obvious checkov's gun that "he went back in time to do stuff we already say" is just such a bullshit payoff
>>
>>81932210
remember when he forgot to draw her horns?
>>
>>81932132
Tavros tried to shoot her. With his lance.
Now, there's probably a chance in a million that'd have worked, but if it had... Terezi would have been mad at him, maybe, and that's it.
The problem is that, the characters Vriska is awful to can't take on her (when they aren't resigned not to, like Jake), and those she doesn't treat like shit don't care.
Blame the shitty luck armor meme for that.

>>81932009
I love this.
>Episode cuts to a mural on LOWAS filling up with oil
>>
>>81932009
I don't get it. What is this a reference to?
>>
>>81931963
>>81931873
Alright
Well if I was iffy about homestuck now, this page has made me buy in super hard.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001982
>>
>>81932270
Megido horns have never ever been consistent.
It stands to reason than Andrew never knew how to draw her horns.
>>
>>81932009
Holy shit, I actually really like this ending
>>
File: 1458660858881.jpg (74KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1458660858881.jpg
74KB, 800x1100px
>>81932040
>>81930277
This is why I always thought the end game would have been about destroying sburb itself - its a parasite reality that hijacks the destinies of entire universes in order to perpetuate itself, seeding constructs it creates in place of the living civilisations it destroys when it activates. There's some kind of afterlife beyond the bubbles, as souls and ghosts exist, which means that even the afterlife of the players is a sburbian trap for them.

Jack as some kind of Agent Smith glitched out superbeing causing the collapse of everything would have been a satisfying villain and a way to actually stop sburb - finding a way to keep Jack drawing "power" from the rest of the system and destroying key bits of sburb's infrastructure while staying out of his way would have been great. Or taking a page from the Legacy of Kain and working out ways to escape the predestination loops rather than give in to them. You could even keep John in his eventual retconner role by making him like Raziel, manipulated by everyone into doing things that further the agendas of everyone but himself despite also being the only creature with true free will.
>>
>>81932307
Jojos bizarre adventure
It has lots of cliffhangers and the end music is always happy and funky no matter whats going on
>>
>>81932320
nice to have you, newfriend. hopefully you'll have finished just before we all get banned from /co/
>>
File: 1460341327826.jpg (182KB, 767x692px) Image search: [Google]
1460341327826.jpg
182KB, 767x692px
>>81932239
Never change, /co/.
>>
File: 1331232414507.png (20KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1331232414507.png
20KB, 650x450px
>>81932320
Welcome aboard anon. It's a long ride.
>>
>>81932217
fuckin amazing
>>
File: tumblr_o5nl2p1Z2i1rxlx75o1_1280.png (647KB, 779x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5nl2p1Z2i1rxlx75o1_1280.png
647KB, 779x1920px
>>81932217
>>
wow maybe it's because I love shit like JJBA that I didn't mind the ending
>>
File: I want to get off.png (93KB, 219x229px) Image search: [Google]
I want to get off.png
93KB, 219x229px
>>81932307
Don't forget, you're here forever now
>>
>>81932547
link to the tumblr? was thinking of looking into the trash thread but forgot
>>
>>81931518
>dealed
Who cares?
Did you never make a mistake?
>>
>>81932563
for
>>81932320
>>
>>81932040
>and they all live happily ever after

That isn't what the ending was, however.

The new universe vision tricked a lot of people into forgetting that the ultimate fate of the kids is actually unsettled.
>>
>>81932343
FUCKING THIS.

There's a number of posts circulating on Tumblr about the idea that the final battle with LE not being shown means that the characters escaped from the house juju and therefore "transcended the website" or whatever, but that's fucking stupid. Ever since I started reading the comic I had this looming feeling of things not being quite right, and the entirety of Earth + Alternia existing just so the characters could play the game.

Jack or Caliborn turning out to have been the good guys in a way because they tried to break the game would've been an amazing twist to pull off.
>>
File: Page Squad.jpg (209KB, 1400x593px) Image search: [Google]
Page Squad.jpg
209KB, 1400x593px
>>81932547
>>
>>81932601
man I fuck up constantly, but if I get criticism that helps, I accept it and move on

why are you so fucking salty over learning a new word?
>>
File: bowfag.png (210KB, 1048x349px) Image search: [Google]
bowfag.png
210KB, 1048x349px
>>81932547
>>81932666
>>
>>81930290
The Reader.
>>
>>81932320
>>81932369
>>81932378
Cool
>>
>>81932547
am I colourblind? i can't read that green-on-grey text.
> Sylph of Mind
> session therapist
God help you
>>
>>81932722
I know for a fact that I'm not colorblind, and it's annoying for me to read too.
>>
>>81932217
When was this?
You mean like, Bowman came to a thread and said "hey guys lets go on a sburb adventure!"?
>>
>>81932646
Caliborn isn't a good guy because he broke the game for the sole purpose of getting to be the strongest guy in the game ever who can jump into other people's games and kill them for fun.
>>
File: katnip.png (15KB, 958x406px) Image search: [Google]
katnip.png
15KB, 958x406px
>>
>>81932750
>>81932722
Its a metaphor

>>81932773
More like I asked people what there classes were so i could make the post-scratch hsg session, bowmanon came along for the ride
>>
>>81932773
they mean our bowmanon dude. he's a bowman fanatic with a 300mb folder devoted to him or something

he hasn't been around since hs ended from what I've seen. he was in the stream the day before and it was fun as hell though
>>
>>81932789
Hence "in a way". He tried to destroy everything, the heroes turning that into a way of escaping the game instead of trying to defeat him was kind of what I meant.
>>
File: 5.png (14KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
14KB, 640x446px
>>81932703
What kind of name is sburb?
Is it an acronym that gets explained later?
>>
>>81932773
On 14/14/16, a bunch of faggots including myself started listing our classpects while recovering from the emotional trauma of Act 7. Bowman started collecting them all in the listed chart for about two threads and then fucked off to /trash/ never to be seen again
>>
>>81932876
>sburb
>s burb
>suburb
cos you build onto houses and shit yo

people that pronounce it like ESSSSburb are stupid
>>
>>81932891
>Bowman
I'm not bowmanon man
I'm the heir of hope
>>
File: derse_by_suffocation-d4cd4w1.png (2MB, 900x2396px) Image search: [Google]
derse_by_suffocation-d4cd4w1.png
2MB, 900x2396px
>>81932646
> Jack the good guy
I've had this idea in my head ever since finding about the final battle with the Black King as part of the game. What if Prospit and Derse aren't just fighting over Skaia as property, but they're fighting a war of ideology? Prospit serves the forces of "life," wanting to secure Skaia so that another universe can be born, and Derse fights to destroy Skaia, to finally the cycle of destruction. The players are told of the Ultimate Reward, and eventually fight on the side of Prospit, but the Derse players are still protected while they slumber in the hopes that some players will come around to the philosophy of Dersite mercy.

- Rose wanted to destroy the game, to disobey the pre-set path
- Dave balked at his role of being a knight
- Eridan was predisposed to destroy
- Feferi negotiated an alternative for the players to finishing the game
... I'm sure I can think of more.
>>
>>81932891
I thought it was the hopey dude that collected it all
>>
>>81932876
It's a crash of "the Sims" and "suburb".
>>
>>81932876
>the game affects reality
Holy shit thats awesome
>>
>>81932923
Well he was generally involved then I don't fuckin know
>>
>people wanted Rose to do her player quest

Isn't one character besides Caliborn allowed to break the rules and not retroactively follow them because LOL FATE
>>
File: cropped condy.png (27KB, 672x410px) Image search: [Google]
cropped condy.png
27KB, 672x410px
>>81931076
>>81932239
>her legacy still lives on
>>
>>81932985
Ehhhhhh I think it's more that people want her to be put in her place. mom dying eventually did that and made her realize, but if she followed her quest the revelations of her self might have come quicker
>>
>>81932985
Its more a queastion of why wouldn't she?
We see time and time again that the quest are big fucking deals, like making a new universe, big deal
The fact she refused to even see her denizen is fucking idiotic
>>
>>81932973
Welcome to early Homestuck. You'll be surprised, it keeps getting better!
(Until everything starts to suck, but hey, the journey is the point, not the destination.)
>>
File: I want to protect that smile.png (65KB, 652x541px) Image search: [Google]
I want to protect that smile.png
65KB, 652x541px
>>81932973
So are movie references a common thing too?
cause I'm loving it so far
>>
>>81932985
I think people are annoyed more with not knowing what finishing her personal quest would DO, not Rose specifically choosing not to do it. It's like Calliope or Aranea talking a shitton about game mechanics, but getting cut short by another character who doesn't care about the lore.
>>
>>81933097
con air is the underlying theme to homestuck.
>>
>>81933043
>why wouldn't she

Because she's stubborn and anti-authoritarian to the very end? People complained about characters feeling "samey" once they started maturing, but I found it nice that some of them kept their old flaws.
>>
>>81933097
So innocent, so naive...
>>
>>81933112
Remember if you care about Lore like caliborn did you are a misogynist
>>
>>81933097
please make some sort of tumblr or something. I want to follow your adorable journey into despair
>>
>>81933097
liveblog liveblog liveblog!
>>
>>81933097
There are a shit ton of references in Homestuck.
I hope you've read Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
>>
File: yakui_wheeeeee.png (124KB, 500x723px) Image search: [Google]
yakui_wheeeeee.png
124KB, 500x723px
>>81932547
am I the only Maid in our session? huh.
> Maid of Mind
serving the other players only the best in psychoactive pharmaceuticals.
>>
>>81933164
oh man this complaint was really stupid in retrospect

caliborn liked creating new things, calliope liked appreciating old things. active vs passive. yin vs yang. duality shit. THAT'S ALL IT WAS
>>
>>81933263
Put down that blunt, nigga.
>>
>>81932320
don't bother. it seems like it might be deep or meaningful, something about finding meaning in life or whatever, but it's never actually followed through and the only character that has introspection and develops as a character is Dave.
>>
>>81933297
>the only character that has introspection and develops as a character is Dave

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81933117
I don't think I've ever actually seen con air
>>81933236
Thats the 'it keeps happening' thing right?
>>81933121
>>81933221
>>81933170
Would it be worth making a blog for 1000 post of 'this is kinda neat?'
>>81933297
Who the fuck is Dave?
>>
>>81932320
ahh

simpler times
>>
>>81933358
>Would it be worth making a blog for 1000 post of 'this is kinda neat?'
yeah
You can write longer posts at the end of each act
>>
File: 1452281531088.png (115KB, 384x364px) Image search: [Google]
1452281531088.png
115KB, 384x364px
>>81933358
your confusion as the plot grows would be adorbs

picking out spoiler free images is hard
>>
File: download (3).jpg (12KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
12KB, 269x188px
>>81933297
Ignore this faggot. The ambiguous ending that is set be resolved made a lot of Homestuck fans, especially the ones on here, into gibbering morons who now retroactively hate all of the comic they spent seven years following.
>>
File: 5454545.jpg (20KB, 467x414px) Image search: [Google]
5454545.jpg
20KB, 467x414px
>>81933080
>You'll be surprised, it keeps getting better!
>>
>>81933336
Taking Karkat's bulge up the ass while being a self-loathing downer is exactly where I wanted his character to go.

>>81933358
>Who the fuck is Dave?
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001926
>>
>>81933358
Obviously. what kind of question is that?
>>
File: 00040.gif (23KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
00040.gif
23KB, 500x329px
>>81933472
>>Who the fuck is Dave?
dont spoiper the name drops you dink!
>>
File: 1460558264256.gif (23KB, 650x415px) Image search: [Google]
1460558264256.gif
23KB, 650x415px
Aw yeah, S-O
>>
File: 9NKwd.gif (45KB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
9NKwd.gif
45KB, 800x334px
>>81933550
a favorite of mine
>>
What happens if you prototype a sburb disc?
>>
>>81933582
everybody always says that's what /tg/ would do in a 4chan session
>>
File: 1460565329787.gif (30KB, 650x296px) Image search: [Google]
1460565329787.gif
30KB, 650x296px
>>
>>81933358
>Thats the 'it keeps happening' thing right?
Yeah, but there are other references made that you may not get if you haven't read it.
Oh you dear sweet summer child, you have no idea what you're in for.
>>
>>81933516
Well, he did ask. Plus the actual reveal happens in a few hundred pages anyways.
>>
File: Homosuck.gif (8KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
Homosuck.gif
8KB, 250x173px
>>
>>81933617
hussie_uploads_homestuck_ending.gif
>>
>>81927448
the orange man.
the most important character.
>>
>>81933472
But Anon.

Dave got to talk with Dirk and Jade made him straight again.
>>
Hey, could someone post one of those CONGRATULATIONS evangelion/homestuck images/videos?
>>
File: 1439762121540.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1439762121540.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>81933708
>>
>>81933358
Alright I guess I'll duck out of the thread now, unless I have questions or something. Also these themes are fucking ass.
http://fuckingletmehaveaname.tumblr.com/
>>
File: Congratulations.png (48KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Congratulations.png
48KB, 1000x1000px
>>81933754
>>
File: 1430783635905.gif (5KB, 404x292px) Image search: [Google]
1430783635905.gif
5KB, 404x292px
>that ending
>>
>>81933915
PS has a shit ending besides ded DMK, wait for the epilogue
>>
>>81933993
Why?
>>
>>81933994
HE'LL PATCH IT
>>
>>81933993
>wanting to fuck a guy
What are you, gay?
>>
>>81933994
Was the epilogue a flash or just multiple pages?
>>
>>81933582
Didn't Caliborn prototype his kernelsprite with his sister's kernelsprite, and that's part of the reason why his game started so fucked up?
>>
File: 86 confirmed.png (131KB, 562x717px) Image search: [Google]
86 confirmed.png
131KB, 562x717px
Why is Vriska so ugly?
>>
File: 1429748397351.gif (414KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1429748397351.gif
414KB, 500x350px
>>81934041
>>81934065
Yes.
>>
>>81934073
multiple pages
>>
File: 00078-itfh.gif (41KB, 800x393px) Image search: [Google]
00078-itfh.gif
41KB, 800x393px
>>81933617
>>
>>81934081
>86
>not 88

ONE
JOB
>>
File: 1010.png (56KB, 587x531px) Image search: [Google]
1010.png
56KB, 587x531px
>>81934123
I will be impressed if theres a page to top this one
>>
>>81934111
Nice.
>>
>>81934147
one of the next times the bathtub shows up again you'll be proven wrong.

so wrong
>>
File: 1320467663374.png (202KB, 496x332px) Image search: [Google]
1320467663374.png
202KB, 496x332px
Karkat getting zero resolution to anything was the most egregious problem that immediately comes to mind. At least with the other trolls a hierarchy of relevance (and through it expectation) became clear early on - like Tavros getting shoved aside in Hivebent despite being one of the original 4 - but Karkat was positioned as the main troll character nearly the entire time and had little to nothing at all to show for it.

It feels redundant to say it again, but the way the trolls were handled is really the biggest problem overall. I almost feel like making everyone trolls from the start would've helped stem how much Hivebent completely derailed the main plot: Introduce troll culture and play on it from early on, set the entire thing in a post-Earth future to eliminate unnecessary time bullshit between trolls and cherubs while explaining troll versions of human culture elements as carryovers from their mythology/religion (implying successful human session deifying human players), etc.
>>
>>81934147
Oh, the times when this fucking comic was actually good.
>>
>>81934075
no
the kernel just started automatically turning t a black hole after being freed
>>
>>81934103
>faggot
>>
File: 1430444863368.jpg (194KB, 1206x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1430444863368.jpg
194KB, 1206x1175px
Wasted potential
>>
File: tJ8DI5p.gif (28KB, 650x368px) Image search: [Google]
tJ8DI5p.gif
28KB, 650x368px
>>81934203
>>
>>81934189
KARKAT IS GOING TO BE A FUCKING C UCKED TYRANT

PRE-RETCON KARKAT FINALLY FINDS PEACE AND HAPPINESS WHEN HE IS FUCKING DEAD
>>
File: nice tub.png (122KB, 572x477px) Image search: [Google]
nice tub.png
122KB, 572x477px
>>81934189
What the fuck is that image

>>81934178
You weren't wrong
>>
>>81934274
just you wait

this tub's day isn't done yet
>>
>>81934103
That doesn't answer my question.
WHY do you want Karkat as your bf? He would be a shitty bf.
>>
>>81934274
Just wait until the toilet comes into play.
>>
>>81934274
I wish this was more of a recurring joke.

Like instead of LE being Egypt themed he just traveled in a giant magical bathtub called the Venice Overcoat
>>
>>81933429
i was just disapointed in that particular page. it seems to set up the story or john in particular for something more serious, but all those "deep" metaphors on that page mean nothing.
>>
File: lewdjohnrose.png (742KB, 1250x1150px) Image search: [Google]
lewdjohnrose.png
742KB, 1250x1150px
>>
File: Capture.png (143KB, 736x675px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
143KB, 736x675px
Not really. Hussie hates making self references and having arc numbers or catchphrases.
>>
>>81934445
new reader, this ship is very canon
>>
File: 1460169606596.jpg (20KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1460169606596.jpg
20KB, 403x392px
>>81934445
>John/Rose
>>
File: AH after act 7.png (504KB, 532x532px) Image search: [Google]
AH after act 7.png
504KB, 532x532px
>>81934503
>>81934507
STOP BULLYING JOHN/ROSE
>>
>>81934195
I just rewatched [S]Caliborn:Enter. the extruder has ~U on the timer, it's black instead of 'generic prop' white, and there's no cruxite dowel. The kernelsprite that comes out is flickering red & green instead of flashing one player's colour. Instead of meteors from Skaia's defense system destroying the players's homes, the kernelsprite itself destroys the world shortly after the players's home does the 'zap' thing.

Maybe it's one kernel meant for two players at the same time. Maybe it's two kernels that are overlapping. We don't see Caliborn prototyping the kernel with anything, we just see the extruder already opened and Caliborn waiting for the game to start.
>>
>>81933336
even if he ends up being a far, he resolved his problems with his guardian he looked up to and stopped using irony as a defense mechenisim. he got a lot more than i hoped john would get, especially with http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001982
making me think he would get something interesting.

by the way, anyone have an idea what that page means?
>>
now that liveblog anon is up and running I'll have something homestuck related to entertain me for a little while. after that then I'll be lost
>>
>>81934559
This is more or less headcanon, but I think the way you enter a doomed/dead/whatever 1 player session is by starting a regular one, and killing off all of your coplayers before they could enter. Caliborn and Calliope were basically "part of the game" before they entered, because they could wake up on Prospit/Derse respectively.

Calliope's dream (and physical) selves getting killed off means that they couldn't be there for the entry, so the two kernelsprites glitch the fuck out and spawn at the same location for the only remaining player, leading to an undefined situation where they prototype each other at the same time, tearing a black hole into space as a result of the unleashed energy.
>>
>>81934559
A cherub sburb game is meant to be played with two of them in one body.

Because he fucked things up by killing Calliope early through skaia, the game glitched.

Sburb is supposed to follow kids as they mature, but Caliborn ensured he would NEVER mature, so the game was fucked.
>>
File: poor lad.png (181KB, 720x574px) Image search: [Google]
poor lad.png
181KB, 720x574px
>>81934469
I wonder what their reaction will be
>>
>>81934771
I'm surprised jack only lost an arm at the end while leaving his eye intact

maybe its supposed to mean that the cycle of evil is over?
>>
Someone make a new thread after this one ends.
>>
>>81935067
u got it
>>
>>81934274
Damn Rose can play
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002122
>>
File: 1439311217965.gif (272KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439311217965.gif
272KB, 650x450px
So of all the characters who make it into the new universe at the end of the story (lets include Aradia/Sollux/Vriska for fun), who is the most likely one to go rogue and turn on the rest?

HARD MODE: no Vriska
NIGHTMARE MODE: no Karkat
DANTE MUST DIE MODE: no John "Slay the Gay" Egbert
>>
>>81935096
she can play with John's dick
>>
>>81935096
I forgot all about her playing the violin so well.
This makes me even more sad she didn't get to play the _________
HUSSIE YOU HACK
>>
>>81935127
Jack Noir
>>
File: 1460606756928.jpg (154KB, 784x663px) Image search: [Google]
1460606756928.jpg
154KB, 784x663px
>>>/tg/46732046

I finally got around to making that thread about my SBURB tabletop sessions. Feel free to drop any questions and I'll try to get to them between posts.
>>
>>81931500
This page, followed by the remix in the first strife animation, really sets the tone for Homestuck.
>>
File: 01061_2.gif (65KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
01061_2.gif
65KB, 650x300px
I'm not new-to-homestuck-anon, just another anon re-reading it

but friendly reminder that this never got used
>>
>>81935127
GCATavrosprite, come on. That's such an easy question. Next.
>>
>>81935127
Aradia sometimes seems to have ulterior motives, but I don't think she's actually someone who'd turn rogue.
Calliope is the most obvious after Karkat and Vriska.
>>
>>81935179
ah good shit, been waiting. will be lurking thread
>>
>>81935213
sprites dont live on

see: lusus sprites
>>
Don't read this, currently reading anon-kun

>I wonder if its another bunny

Ok, he is fucking with us. No way he hasn't read this already
>>
>>81935207
he never picked up the modus. nor did he pick up the pokerkind modus sadly
>>
>>81935272
that was my thought too but I am gonna follow it anyway for something to do
>>
>>81935326
I was already suspicious after the 413 thing, but honestly it's entertaining enough
>>
>>81933993
>it's not a cropped image
>that's the entire picture

FUCK ARTISTS THAT DO THIS
>>
>>81934469
>>81935387
I'm inclined to disagree, 413 has come up like 4 times now, it has be a thing right?
>>81934771
Reaction to what?
>>81935154
Its a nice song, but Johns Piano bit was nicer
>>81935272
Ive picked up some things through osmois like there being demons or something, i just assume everything's a reference to conair.
I mean, why the fuck would he put focus on the box if it wasn't relevant or bunny related?
>>
>>81935427
Ignore us, just keep reacting
>>
File: here son.png (927KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
here son.png
927KB, 1280x1024px
>>81935427
only counting whole visible numbers

there are 4 of 13

and 6 of 12

GET FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>81935489
GODDAMNIT HUSSIE
>>
>>81935489
now this is theorycrafting
>>
File: Princess_Caliope_of_Prospit.png (1MB, 1000x1764px) Image search: [Google]
Princess_Caliope_of_Prospit.png
1MB, 1000x1764px
>>81934741
i thought Calliope explained that the domination of one sibling over the other was a normal part of the Cherub maturity path. Caliborn locking himself in as the always-on sibiling looked like the end of childhood to me and (to paraphrase Vriska) the cusp of his puberty. Seems like no Cherub player could start the game with their brother/sister, even though both are potential players.

I wonder if another cherub player could do it differently, achieved dominance in a "normal" way, and then they'd be opposed in the Medium by the dreamself of the brother/sister they defeated?
>>
>>81935489
You mean 7 of 12.
>>
>>81935547
the alternate Calliope did just that, she said she "ate away" at Caliborn until he fizzled out

however their session was meant to be for Caliborn only because of LE's time shenanigans so she had to kill herself
>>
>>81935554
CAN YOU VISIBLY SEE THE ENTIRETY OF THE SEVENTH 12? NO, YOU CANNOT. BUT LET US ASSUME YOUR POINT IS VALID

GET FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>81933837
you're so adorable
>>
>>81935554
HAAAAAAACK
>>
File: 1333583452965.png (148KB, 1389x405px) Image search: [Google]
1333583452965.png
148KB, 1389x405px
MCCROCKERS IS REAL

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-new-restaurant-offers-all-you-can-eat-fries-2016-4
>>
>>81935616
>GET FUCKING HYPE
lets not
>>
>>81935483
Alright
Does anyone have a full size of roses desktop bg, it was really neat
>>
File: LIVE SLOW.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LIVE SLOW.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>81935677
>>
>>81935489
NICE
>>
File: 1327642740733.gif (328KB, 283x232px) Image search: [Google]
1327642740733.gif
328KB, 283x232px
>Calmasis was never a thing
>>
>>81935998
>no one said caliborn's name to calliope
>>
Your name is JACK NOIR.

You are currently incarcerated in MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON, and have been for a countless amount of time. You would have used some kind of SHARP OBJECT to keep track of the passage of time, if you had seen any in AGES.

Your cell is cramped, and even worse, SOFT. There is a single door leading in and out of the cell that is HEAVILY FORTIFIED, where food is left for you three times a day, but after an incident involving a NAPKIN and a STYROFOAM BOWL you no longer see any GUARDS. They simply TRANQUILIZE you and leave.

Your inventory consists solely of a TOOTH you lost earlier today.

What will you do?
>>
>>81936055
Masturbate
>>
>>81935998
Yeah what the fuck. What a waste. I wish there had been a main enemy that isn't Lord English. He has the story influence of a background manipulator but he's just some fucking ape. Scratch and his unlimited knowledge would have been a bigger threat than LE's unlimited power has ever been, had he continued to live.
>>
>>81935998
>Wizardly Herbert was never a thing
>City of Pawnee, Indiana was never a thing
HUSSIE YOU HACK
>>
>>81935257
They die on the battlefield when fighting the black king, a scripted final battle which did not happen here because this SBURB session heavily deviates from the norm. There's a big chance they'll survive.
Besides, ARquiusprite needs to get to the Masterpiece and he can't do that if he's dead. (That is, assuming the kids travel to the masterpiece from the new universe.)

>>81935489
Oh god damn it. He did it AGAIN. Or at least whoever storyboarded and animated that scene did.
>>
>>81936055
Jack: Recollect how you ended up in prison
>>
>>81936115
to be fair, Little Sebastian WAS given to Caliborn, who is literally Arrested Development
>>
File: DRwMS.png (221KB, 654x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DRwMS.png
221KB, 654x1280px
>>81936093
I genuinely thought Scratch was going to be there at the end somehow.

Well I also though Jack was a fine antagonist to the whole story and we never needed the Empress or Caliborn, but
>>
>>81936115
>Wizardly Herbert
you already fucked up
>>
>>81936093
I would've liked it better if somehow alt!Calliope was intentionally behind LE's rampage
>>
File: 11111.png (51KB, 644x505px) Image search: [Google]
11111.png
51KB, 644x505px
I hope we get context for this
>>
>>81936155
We all did, specially with Game Over. But the comic just dragged on with the arrows and A7 happened.
>>
File: tumblr_mfd56dFix71rqcj3do1_1280.jpg (132KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfd56dFix71rqcj3do1_1280.jpg
132KB, 1000x1200px
>>81935547
To be that alternate Calliope, playing the game completely alone on extreme-hardmode, and at the end it turns out that your session doesn't have a reward because neither you nor your brother's games spawn another session for a reward.
I'd be fucking pissed.
>>
>>81936040
Speaking of Calliope
>the ring of void appearing later implies the ring of life will be lost
>>
>>81936171
I did?
Frankly, I don't know. English isn't my first language. Did I misspell?
>>
>>81936187
the fact alt calliope had no ulterior motive just makes her feel like asspull solution to lord english
>>
>>81936201
it means Gamzee can never come into the new universe because Dad would do shit to that shit clown that'd turn Kanaya straight
>>
>>81936237
the title is Wizardy Herbert
Wizardy isn't a word but that's the title
>>
Remember when Lil' Seb being with Caliborn was a key component of the AR --> Doc Scratch theory, and then AR turned out to indeed be a part of Scratch, but the robot body in Caliborn's vicinity he could have ended up in after losing his shades or Sprite bodies had absolutely nothing to do with it...or anything at all?
>>
>>81936201
>>
>>81936267
It is?
I never caught that. Then again, it was only brought up for three pages and literally never mentioned again.
>>
>>81936253
Stop spoiling him you shit
>>
>>81936284
I like to think somewhere out there is a Calibot with one leg missing
>>
>>81936284
Oh yeah. What was the point of Gamzee picking him up
>>
>>81936306
It was actually an unfinished novel that Hussie wrote. He was referencing his own work. You can find the transcript online if you look hard enough. I don't really recommend reading it though; it ends much like Homestuck does: abruptly and before the climax.
>>
>>81936089
You can't MASTURBATE without your FAVORITE ARM!

Besides, despite the room being made of an IRRITATINGLY MARSHMALLOWY SUBSTANCE, you are sure THEY'RE watching you.

>>81936148
You think back to the weeks following your DERINGING.

You spent some time wandering the FORESTS in the company of a TRAITOROUS DAME, who, despite your FANTASTIC CHEMISTRY, ended up turning you over to the AUTHORITIES.

Your PLOTS OF REVENGE are all that have been keeping you from smashing your head into the wall. Well, that and the fact that it would be EXCEEDINGLY DIFFICULT.
>>
>>81936284
I'm pretty convinced that ARquius was possessing lil Seb for a while.
The rusted red color, glasses and broken ear are all a match
>>
>>81936382
*transcript -> manuscript
>>
>>81936430
not to mention that it would mean Lil Scratch was following Caliborn around the whole time
>>
>>81936430
I legit forgot lil seb was a thing
>>
>>81936406
Tell them you know they're watching and how you think they're degenerates for that
>>
>>81936452
manuscript -> banuscript
>>
File: 01251[1].gif (370KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
01251[1].gif
370KB, 650x450px
>>81935489

There's 4 of 13 and 6 of 12 in this one too.

From the first intermission before 6/12 was even a thing.

COINCIDENCE?
>>
File: another loop.png (27KB, 650x528px) Image search: [Google]
another loop.png
27KB, 650x528px
>>81936201
So i cant get the ctrl t thing to work, whats it do?
>>
>>81936529
what the fuck
>>
File: skull.png (8KB, 114x106px) Image search: [Google]
skull.png
8KB, 114x106px
>>81932320
I was you once
>>
>>81936529
Yes
>>
>>81936568
Easter egg mode shortcut that comes up frequently in interactive flashes.
Switch browsers, see if it works.
>>
>>81936201
Didn't hussie imply somewhere that it was because his dad tried to shave the worlds hairiest man or something?
>>
>>81936568
Try ctrl shift t
>>
>>81936499
You look up at NOTHING IN PARTICULAR, swearing profusely and circling around a few times for good measure. There is NO RESPONSE, aside from a flickering of the SOLE LIGHT SOURCE.

This accomplishes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
>>
>>81936568
try ctrl+alt+t

Try it for every intractable segment until, in a very late one, in the middle of Act 5, it just pops a message that says something like "fuck it, not doing this anymore". That's the last time Hussie put it in.
>>
>>81936568
It's just an easter egg that's not really important.
>>
>>81936612
If its an easter egg I wont worry about it, its probably nothing anyway
>>81936624
Does the Cirque even have hairy people?
>>81936636
Didnt work, oh well
>>
>>81936529
6/12 was going to be a thing as long as Hivebent was going to be a thing. There were always going to be 12 trolls, and 6 divides 12, so there are any number of ways to get the six in there.
>>
File: wat.png (53KB, 666x494px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
53KB, 666x494px
>>81936689
What the fuck
>>
>>81936668
Jack: Use excellent hearing to find out what's beyond the wall.
>>
>>81932320
>John's arm just floating through the sky

goddammit
>>
File: wat22.png (39KB, 663x468px) Image search: [Google]
wat22.png
39KB, 663x468px
>>81936731
UHH
>>
https://youtu.be/brTcai-9TfQ
Watch this and pinpoint the end and beginning of your favorite part of the comic.
(No, not you, liveblogger. But do try and get at the top of John's house.)
>>
>>81936721
4 doesn't divide 13 though, so why should that matter?
>>
>>81936782
>>81936731
Are you feeling PEACHY?
>>
>>81936755
You stupid tripfag, he doesn't know John gets blown to bits yet
>>
>>81936721
All 12 Beta Trolls are 6 sweeps old
All 4 Beta Kids are 13 Years old
Thread posts: 679
Thread images: 128

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.