[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>riding with my brother >tell him to pass by the comic/game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: comics_MLD[1].jpg (172KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
comics_MLD[1].jpg
172KB, 1000x667px
>riding with my brother
>tell him to pass by the comic/game shop since it's on the road
>haven't been there for about a year and a half
>it went out of business despite being there for a decade
Is it a coincidence that this happened in the time that comics became more politically correct?

I'm upset that this happened but not really surprised, I haven't bought a comic in a long time, pretty much lost interest in Marvel and DC myself.
>>
It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with the fact that no one buys comics.
>>
What does this have to do with things being PC?

> I haven't bought a comic in a long time

Neither have a lot of people. There's your answer, fucking dumbass.
>>
>>81836071
My reasoning for it goes with the PCness comics have adopted.
>>
>>81836738
Floppy sales haven't changed enough in recent years to justify your argument. Like sure the PC stuff is annoying, but it's more likely that the guy mismanaged his business. All the comic shops I know are mostly gaming shops at this point that also sell comics because they know that comic sales won't pay the rent. This has been status quo for like 20 years now.
>>
>>81835976
>Is it a coincidence that this happened in the time that comics became more politically correct?

yes, you paranoid retard
>>
Comic shops are suffering because, well, $4 a comic.
>>
>>81835976
>Is it a coincidence that this happened in the time that comics became more politically correct?

No. SJW faggotry is really hurting the industry.
>>
>>81836738
Your reasoning is that the comic store died because comic books are trying to expand the readers they pull in. After realizing that the classic target audience of male teens to adults is a dying breed and isn't enough to keep them going.

How does that make sense?
>>
>>81835976
>It's PC-ness that the comic shop closed down, not poor management or the print industry dying,

Dumbass.
>>
OP is sort of right. Nobody wants to buy a $4 comic where a scene at the Daily Bugle that would have been one page tops is padded out to be the entire comic for the eventual TPB because real, asexual people talking about how Spider-Man shouldn't support the police because of #blacklivesmatter and drawn half-assed just to meet the deadline for the book isn't as harmful as exaggerated male and female bodies with muscles and breasts and asses showing through the spandex punching ax-wielding space carrots.
>>
>>81840122
did you have a stroke halfway through
>>
>>81835976
Why buy comics when I can see a movie?
>>
>>81840122
PCness is not to blame for decompression, anon
>>
There are two hobby stores in my town.

One is this shitty old hole in the wall that's been around for 30 years. I always see the same people in there, which isn't much. They have terrible hours, the place is small and cramped, and everything's overpriced. At one point they had a second store that seemed to be much more competently run and took in better business, but they eventually closed it.

A lot of the same people then opened up shop number two. It's larger, brighter, has a bigger inventory, many more customers, and hosts a large number of events.

A lot of comics shops/hobby stores are just run like shit. I've seen so many shittily-run game stores where the owners lost sales because they were chatting halfway across the room instead of running the register.
>>
>>81836887
there's a comic store in my city that's really only a comic store (some assorted merch but no gaming) but somehow does well enough to open a second location in a really swank part of the city

although that may have something to do with them being the only place that stocks trades on release day
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.