[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-just-saw- some-beautiful-new-foota

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

File: 72101050.png (282KB, 649x466px) Image search: [Google]
72101050.png
282KB, 649x466px
http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-just-saw-some-beautiful-new-footage-from-wonder-woma-1770618914
>She deflects a bullet off her forearms and it kills three soldiers in one shot.
WOMAN OF MURDER
>>
>>81833271
Yeah we know as she did kill Superman after all.
>>
>>81833271

But WW is the one that's always killed her enemies when necessary.
>>
>>81833375
johns pls
>>
I'm sure the action will be fine, but what about Gadot's acting? She could barely speak english in BvS.
>>
>>81833271
>superheroes finally being effective
DC gets it right.
>>
File: 1432653182621.jpg (97KB, 575x441px) Image search: [Google]
1432653182621.jpg
97KB, 575x441px
I swear to God, if there isn't at least one neck snap in this movie, my autism will be seriously rump rustled.
>>
>>81833271
>Ancient Greek deity murders people

YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY
>>
>>81833457
>murdering a bunch of kids that don't want to be there
>effective
>>
>>81833271
>She deflects a bullet off her forearms and it kills three soldiers in one shot.

Yo DC, this isn't the 90s
>>
>>81833271
good
>>
>>81833553
>"murder"
>at war

>giving a shit about about a bunch of stupid jerrys
>>
File: Wondy.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
Wondy.gif
2MB, 500x278px
>>81833271
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>81833271
Why is it okay when Marvel heroes murder people in cold blood but when DC heroes kill literal Nazis it's somehow unacceptable?

I know "Disney shills" is the answer but c'mon now at least be subtle
>>
>>81833480
>Superman gets to snap necks
>Wondy doesn't
BOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>81833271
Whee it's not enough she kills one enemy. They have to push her mary sue status to the maximum and have it kill 3 people! WEW LAD!
>>
>>81833702
>Thirsty losers went full bonkers for that scene when it was the most out of place reaction you could ever think of doing.
>>
>>81833786
Even Batman got to snap some necks, at least let wondie break a few.
>>
File: HYDRA.jpg (50KB, 1600x669px) Image search: [Google]
HYDRA.jpg
50KB, 1600x669px
>>81833757
>Why is it okay when Marvel heroes murder people in cold blood
Marvel tends to have their disposable mooks either masked to hide their humanity or just be aliens, robots, etc. who all look the same. It's the Imperial Stormtrooper logic. It's much easier to forgive death and murder when the thing they're killing is faceless.
>>
>>81833757
Not Nazis. WW1 is set in WWI
>>
Barbara Walters must be rolling in his grave right now.
>>
>/co/ will support the Germans in WW1 if that means hating on DC
Never change, /co/.

>>81833904
Germans in gas masks. Solved.
>>
>>81833935
>Barbara Walters
Who?
>his
A tranny?
>>
>>81833937
>>81833657
>>81833757
Good goys.
>>
Ancient Greek kills enemies in war. Who gives a shit. Apples to oranges with Supermen. Troll harder.
>>
>>81833271
W O M A N
O F
M U R D E R
>>
>>81833937
>Germans in gas masks.
Yeah, gas masks, face shields, etc. Anything that obscures the fact they're people and makes them look the same. God forbid we realize they're actually killing or crippling PEOPLE before making a quip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9fS-0xG170
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 309x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 309x327px
>>81834001
>Murder in cape movies is bad
>Because it's white genocide propaganda
>>
>>81834001
Well memed friend
>>
>>81833431
It's going to be terrible.

I keep telling you faggots, she's just like Faora. She only stood out in BvS because she had a minimal presence, but she's good looking and was the only not monotone thing in the goddamn movie.

Shits going to fall apart when she's actually the lead and has more than 5 minutes of screentime.
>>
It's set in World War 1 so that's expected. I can't remember but did Captain America kill any Nazi's in First Avenger?
>>
>>81833431

She's pretty bad, she had two other movies this year, she was bland in triple 9 and her other one was pulled from release.
>>
>>81833887
>wonder woman enjoying combat is out of place
Have you ever read a comic about wonder woman? She loves combat. She was raised since birth to enjoy fighting others especially worthy opponents. So fighting someone as strong as doomsday after having not gotten much action in the last hundred years would be unbelievably fun for her.
>>
>>81834348
HYDRA, anon. HYDRA. Mentioning Nazis in WW2 would be in poor taste and could trigger people watching your comedy.
>>
the only thing good to come out of this movie is feminists no longer being able to complain about the lack of a WW movie
>>
>>81833271
>WOMAN OF MURDER

Is it really that big a deal. While It's not how she was created WW it seems more so than any of the trinity has been shown having little problem with taking a life when necessary.

>We see Chris Pine’s character in the cockpit of an old airplane, ready to take off. We see Wonder Woman in a room fighting a group of soldiers, throwing a slow motion spin kick. She deflects a bullet off her forearms and it kills three soldiers in one shot.

Does he mean, an old airplane because it's the 1910's or an old/dilapidated airplane. I just assumed he meant off one of her bracelets but now I'm not sure it's not just off one of her forearms. Either way this guy is a shit writer.
>>
>>81834473
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>81834568
It's interesting that when Batman and Superman first debuted both were willing to kill but Wonder Woman was created to be a less violent alternative to them and now she's the one most willing to murder the shit out any fucker dumb enough to screw with her.
>>
>>81834568
It's io9; shit writing is a given. They used to be the only reputable Gawker media site, but then they went through a "we want to be socially impactful but are a nerd media site and lack the ability to do so in a logical fashion, so let's write up a shitload of poorly thought-out editorials about how x thing is literally rape; all of our affiliates are doing it, what could it hurt!" phase for a while.

Now they've pretty much given up on that and basically just write up literal press releases and write about how awesome they are, and also post an endless stream of nerd merchandise for you to buy if you click this article to save 20% off your next Batman mug/Star Wars plush/whatever stupid thing we're shilling at the moment.

The old writers who are still around are barely active and clearly hate themselves, and all the "new talent" that they've accumulated over the years are barely competent in the English language and have no scruples hawking merchandise for ad revenue.
>>
>We just saw this great footage
>Oh, but you can't see it!
>>
>>81833887
>I will literally say anything negative that I can without actually knowing what the fuck I'm talking about because anyone will agree with me because BvS was mediocre and not a great movie so my hugbox will congratulate me on my amazing comment.
>>
>>81834487
They'll complain when it ends up sucking and loses to Transformers.
>>
>>81834895
I'm sure you're big fan of Sucker Punch when Snyderverse WW is the same exact shit you're defending.
>>
>>81834460
Have you!? She enjoys a good sparring match or fighting for sport. But when it's life is death she's all business.
>>
>>81833904
Faceless Mooks and every villain that isn't loki
>>
>linking a Gawker site

Kill yourself.
>>
File: RCO006.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>81835030
>being this fucking wrong
Fight me in real life you fucking nerd. Wonder Woman enjoying a fight is not anything new and that expression is in no way out of context for her character given the situation
>>
>>81835241
I know right THE GODDES OF WAR
>>
>>81835241
>using a shit run that raped her character to justify your point
Wew
>>
>>81834709
I think on WW end of things it's wierd to say here's this woman trained to be a warrior from this ancient culture of warrior women and have her be squeamish about about ringing a neck or two. It's still kind of a WHUH , " Why the fuck have they kept up this warrior culture when they've lived on a secluded island presumably in peace for thousands of years cut off from the rest of the world?". I think if I ever had to do a WW origin story I'd have to change that.
>>
>>81834348
That Hydra goon falling in the airplane blade comes to mind but I don't think that was Cap's fault.

Pretty sure he gunned down some of them tho and he does kill people in Avengers.
>>
>>81835381
>shit run
negro please
>>
>>81834999
>I'm sure you're big fan of Sucker Punch when Snyderverse WW is the same exact shit you're defending.
Not him but No... its really not.
Reason why Sucker Punch sucked was...
>90% of the action being dreams meant they had zero weight.
>The extreme darkness and rape didn't gel with the fun fan service thing they wanted to give us with the girls looking sexy & kicking ass.
>The acting of all the teen female cast in Sucker Punch is worse then Gal Gadot except Jena Malone.
>>
>>81835198
gawker's still going? i thought hulk hogan had ruined them
>>
>>81835381
>>using a shit run that raped her character
How the fuck do you figure that?
>>
>>81834377
>She's pretty bad, she had two other movies this year, she was bland in triple 9 and her other one was pulled from release

Criminal's still coming out though. They keep showing the trailer for it on tv all the damn time.
>>
>>81833271
Have you ever read a fucking comic book OP?
>>
>>81835687
They're currently trying to argue the payment saying that the fine is ludicrous
Hulk's lawyers are now trying to see if Gawker's been hiding profits by paying (hidden to the jury) licensing fees to a sister company
>>
>>81835434
In her original stories, she didn't have just a pure warrior culture. The Amazons progressed in sciences, art, and technology. Grant Morrison's Earth One is based off of that Golden Age era of the Amazons, for example.
>>
File: wonder_woman_new_frontier_.jpg (557KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman_new_frontier_.jpg
557KB, 1280x1920px
I enjoy a murdering feminist Wonder Woman much more than her being a female superman. Fight me
>>
>>81835823
In the original WW comics I don't think the Amazons had much influence from Greek culture. I'm pretty sure Marston just called them Amazons because they were a famous all female society. Same reason he choose their patron to Aphropdite, she's a love goddess even though she was a bit of a bitch like all Greek gods(except Hades).
>>
>>81833406
>implying Johns is the only one who's made WW kill someone.
>>
>>81835381
>Azzarello Wondy
>shit run

Kek what a faggot.
>>
File: so strong.jpg (305KB, 798x1181px) Image search: [Google]
so strong.jpg
305KB, 798x1181px
Wonder Woman movie.jpg
>>
>Wondy killing people in probably her first time off the island
>The people she's killing are WWI German soldiers
Oh boy, I sure can't wait to hear from people how it's wrong that she's doing that.

Be prepared for Slott to come up with some stupid fucking excuse as to why it's fine for Cap to kill Nazi's but bad for WW to do this.
>>
>>81835381
>shit run
Nigga stop meming thats easily one of the best runs of WW
>>
>>81833271
They're lucky she didn't break their necks.
>>
>>81838303
>WWI
>Nazis
Stop
>>
>>81838292
You know what? Fuck you.
Trying to shit on WW for being a strong and capable character just because she is a woman is as retarded as anything a tumblrite has ever spewed out of their dick holsters
Wonder Woman was one of the original super heroines back before third wave feminism ruined a lot of female characters and she has in most runs survived to this day as a model of an strong caring intelligent and self sustaining woman who isnt one giant fucking pandering self insert like half the other female supers out their. If there were more women like her in the world or more women who idolized her and strived towards the kind of person she is we would have a lot less SJWs in the world.
Please. For the good of all humanity. Find a gun point it at your fucking skull and pull the trigger.
>>
File: LETS GO.png (98KB, 363x501px) Image search: [Google]
LETS GO.png
98KB, 363x501px
>>81834088
her armor
that movie
GOD TIER
>>
>>81838470
Get some reading comprehension, he only mentioned Nazis in reference to Cap
>>
>>81838777
So why even bring it up? It's not even comparable
>>
>>81835647
Gadot only seems "better" to you because she barely talked in BvS.
>>
>>81838690
How defensive can you be, you haven't even seen the movie yet.
>>
>>81833271
It's not murder if it's justified self defense.

WOMAN OF "SELF-DEFENSE"
>>
>>81833757
It doesnt even make sense in their own universe. They give all that shit to Frank when Iron Man, Hawk, Widow and Cap kill a shit ton of criminals. In the trial he should have said, Im a self appointed Avenger. The snarky manlet with the tin suit will vouch for my methods.
>>
>>81839076
DCfriends are always like this, all talk and nothing to show for it in either comics or films.

People are already saying that SS will "reshape the capefilm genre" and bunch of other bullshit that was said for Watchmen, Green Lantern, MoS and BvS.
>>
>>81839147
>will "reshape the capefilm genre" and bunch of other bullshit that was said for Watchmen, Green Lantern, MoS and BvS.

And each one did. Green Lantern redefined bad. The others redefined capekino.
>>
>>81833271
Unlike Batman and Superman, Wonder Woman has consistently been okay with killing people.
>>
>>81838690
>Wonder Woman kills 3 men with one bullet!
>YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, SHE'S STRONG CARING AND INTELLIGENT AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SO JUST KILL URSELF
Good gosh
>>
File: ww+facepalm.jpg (26KB, 252x253px) Image search: [Google]
ww+facepalm.jpg
26KB, 252x253px
>ITT people who fail to understand what it means to Wonder Woman when she kills, wonder what the big deal is about Wonder Woman taking life
>>
>>81833887
>WW enjoying a fight
>out of place
>>
>>81833757
Not every hero is represented by a no-kill rule being part of their moral fiber.

Daredevil should always wrestle with no killing. Some characters sit on the "wrestle with temptation to do it." part of the dramatic scale. Others DO kill, and it's okay. Like the Punisher, or Captain America. They're soldiers. Wonder Woman is a Amazonian warrior.

And then there are those whose character sits on a no-killing pillar. Batman and Spider-Man are those characters, most of all. Green Lantern can kill people. Aquaman can kill people. Wonder Woman can kill people. But it is always a last resort, similar to the situation Superman was in in Man of Steel. But Superman is only allowed to kill in the most dire of situations, and I'm not talking about "Zod will laser two and a half people" situations. I'm talking about fate of the universe, Darkseid/Anti-Monitor level foes. And even then, they imprisoned Superboy Prime. They didn't kill him, they imprisoned him in a crazy red-sun prison dimension.

These three (Superman, Batman and Spider-Man) in particular should not be depicted as killing, because they represent moral paragons of their respective universes. If they kill, then every other hero in their universe is even less pure than them. It degrades their entire continuity and makes the universe a nasty mess.
>>
>>81835145
So its basically putties from power rangers with the monster of the week dying. While Rita (Loki) continues scheming.
>>
>>81839218
>capekino
What does this mean? "Beat by Melissa McCarthy in it's third weekend?"
>>
>>81839409
Batman has killed before though, outside of golden age proto-batman. Or at the vary least didn't care how hurt some people would get and they ended up dying.

I think he even killed the Joker recently in Scott Snyder's run, I haven't read all of it yet.
>>
>>81839610
Its something definitively not related to ticket sales, something people like you would never ever understand.

In fact, better sales and better reviews would mean that it was simply not enough visionary or ahead of its time.
>>
File: 1459431277623.jpg (3MB, 1520x5176px) Image search: [Google]
1459431277623.jpg
3MB, 1520x5176px
>>81833271
>WOMAN OF MURDER
You're joking, right?
>>
>>81833271
Indiana Jones did it first and nobody complained
>>
>>81839797
>WW hates necks.
She really does....
>>
>>81839008
>Both killing German soldiers in world wars
Yeah....nothing comparable about those two situations.
>>
Wonder woman, Aquaman and Hal are the one's I expect to be doing most of the dirty work in a universe where the Justice League exist. So, yeah. Not really a big deal.
>>
>>81840137
>It's okay Wonder Woman is killing people who are doing nothing really wrong but fighting in the most fucked up war because one time someone else was killing Soldiers in a war.
>please ignore context and details, they are the same thing.
>>
>>81834473
>Mentioning Nazis in WW2 would be in poor taste
This disney logic is funny. They dance around nazi's in caps movie but then in TFA drown you in nazi imagery and scene recreation.
>>
>>81834348
>It's set in World War 1 so that's expected. I can't remember but did Captain America kill any Nazi's in First Avenger?
He even openly shot and blew up Hydra agents in Winter Soldier. Steve Roger had always killed, he just only kill when he has to. The thing with both Steve Rogers and Wonderwoman, is that both took it upon themselves to fight for ideals that needed to be defended with blood. Compare that with Batman, who is constantly worried that if he started killing Bruce wouldn't know when to stop. Bruce Wayne couldn't trust himself to kill responsibly, Batman is always afraid of becoming just another crazy super-villain in a silly outfit. The comic showed more than once, in a few alternate worlds, that Batman can go on a killing spree if he gets pushed off the deep end and no one could stop him.
>>
File: Trash.jpg (73KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
73KB, 321x285px
>>81833271
>io9
>>
>>81835381
>Using not muh as an argument unironically
>>
File: Beat Back the Hun.jpg (32KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
Beat Back the Hun.jpg
32KB, 331x500px
>>81834001
>>>/krautchan/
>>
>>81835434
>Why the fuck have they kept up this warrior culture when they've lived on a secluded island presumably in peace for thousands of years cut off from the rest of the world?
In Legend Of Wonder Woman it is shown that they have almost entirely given away the military side but some immorals who existed when the Amazons were fierce fighters still exist and can give training. This is how Diana is trained.
>>
>>81835381
>>>81835525
>>81835695
>>81837733
>>81838447
>>81840638

Found the Azzarellobabbies.
>>
>>81838303
There is a difference. The nazi's in WW2 were objectively bad. The combatants in WW1 were victims of expanding nation states.
>>
>>81839355
Didn't seem that upset when she snapped Maxwell Lord's neck
>>
>>81834487
They will find a way to complain they always do.
The lasso of truth represents seducing information out of people waaah.
>>
>>81835647
>The extreme darkness and rape didn't gel with the fun fan service thing they wanted to give us with the girls looking sexy & kicking ass.

This is literally the entire point of the movie.
>>
Good. I love seeing how heroes killing combatants in perfectly justifiable fashion triggers autists.
>>
>>81840699
You are just being a hyperbolic contrarian for the sake of being so. That run was in line for Wonder Woman and certainly didn't "rape the character".
>>
>>81840862
Nerds refuse to see the real point of Sucker Punch, because if they did they might have to confront how shitty they are and try to grow as people. Better to just go "HUHUHU HACK SNYDER!"
>>
>>81841014
Sucker Punch is NOT a good movie, but it is probably the most misunderstood film to come out of Hollywood in a long, long time.

Zack Snyder's got some problems as a director and his message can get muddled in his flair, but the idea that anyone could sit through that movie and not understand that Zack is critiquing nerd culture is fucking baffling. It is probably one of the least subtle movies I've ever seen, and people just DID NOT GET IT.
>>
>>81841014
I wish I was a jew so I could pass off my 14 year old self's softcore porn off as deep feminism to retards.
>>
>>81841175
/pol/ attempts film criticism
>>
>>81840913

That's some cool pic, but anime is still trash.
>>
>>81833271
>killing enemy soldiers in a war
>murder
Also
>it's ok when Marvel does it(pic related)
>>
>>81835241
>>81835381
It doesn't justify anything. She doesn't enjoy fighting or killing in Azzarello's run either and the pic is entirely unrelated
>>
>>81840817
Except when she spent several issues upset about it until Earth 2 WW came from the dead to tell she had forgotten her human side?
>>
>>81841532
Caps has always killed people. Wonder Woman rarely takes a human life and when it happens it's always because there was no other choice and is supposed to be a big deal.
>>
>>81841734
Point to a single panel where she is upset over it. She is not remorseful at all, which is why supes/bats are angry at her.

I read the damn thing last night, it's fresh in the memory.

Her comments are like "Shut up Clark he had you mind controlled and I solved the problem"
>>
>>81841770
That's Superman anon.
>>
File: 1459736107964.jpg (922KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1459736107964.jpg
922KB, 1680x1050px
>>81834473

>Mentioning Nazis in WW2 would be in poor taste and could trigger people watching your comedy.

Don't remind me.
>>
>>81840759
>The combatants in WW1 were victims of expanding nation states.

Yeah I'm sure nobody in WW1 was a bad guy, just a hopeless victim of circumstances.
>>
>>81841867
But that was never intended to be a Nazi uniform.
>>
>>81841802
Did you even read Infinite Crisis before you started shitposting?

She initially tries to justify herself but she's torn. At the end she evens gives up being Wonder Woman to "rediscover herself".
>>
>>81841989
Yeah all those bad guys hunkered in a ditch waiting to die.

Literally brainwashed by kikes.
>>
>>81840817

>didn't seem that upset

The issue after, and the one after that, in fact the whole remainder of Rucka's run following the death of Max Lord was about dealing with the external and internal consequences of that action. She tells Bruce the decision to kill Max pained her, that she regretted the need to do so if not the act itself, because Max had proven himself an irredeemable monster. And yet, she admits to Ferdinand that she is troubled by it nonetheless, admits to Bruce she is seeking some justification, because perhaps doubt does remain in spite of certainty. She knows that her actions have consequences, and they clearly weigh heavy on her, heavy enough to submit herself to judgment in court. And in the end she all but breaks down because she fears that in killing Max she ruined everything, destroyed everything she spent her life working toward, failed her people, her mission, and yes even failed Max.

Killing Max was supposed to be a big deal for Wonder Woman, and it is but for the wrong reasons because people just use it to cite her being "the one who kills."
>>
>>81841989
Not comparable to the nazi's. It wasn't like there was an objectively bad side. The germans and Austro Hungarians had motives just as valid as the French and British.
>>
>>81842068
That is a meta commentary on the heroes becoming dark, not her being remorseful.

Again, point to a single panel where she is remorseful.
>>
>>81839145
>The Avengers killed some aliens and raided some hydra bases, so I should be able to kill anyone I deem a criminal without due process.

Okay.
>>
>>81842113
Maybe I'm wrong. I read the big book stuff, but no WW issues.
>>
>>81839707
I'm sure BvS will looked back upon as one of the worst crossover films ever.
>>
>>81842158
It's not remorse, she had to do it and she knew it. Doesn't mean it didn't had an impact on her, for having to take such a decision.

I don't have the issues to post panels, and google is not helping
>>
>>81842053

Of course it wasn't. But that's not the point.
>>
>>81842113
All this. It was a huge deal but people post it all the time saying "she kills all the time"

Which is odd because it's the only occasion that is repeatedly posted aside from Elseworlds or her killing monsters

I seem to recall her killing some japanese soldiers or at least letting them die in Marston's early stories though. But it's the only time I remember (if I'm not entirely wrong)
>>
>>81842301
>It's not remorse
But that was my original and only point. Read up the comment chain if you want.
>>
>>81842405
You mentioned upset first. She was upset.
>>
>>81836017
I agree.
>>
File: WW enjoys killing.jpg (42KB, 764x77px) Image search: [Google]
WW enjoys killing.jpg
42KB, 764x77px
It's over. Wonder Woman has been killed by faggots who think they know her.
>>
>>81833271
As the one member of the trilogy who should be killing, I can only assume she murders entire waves of soldiers at a time if Batman and Superman's kill counts are anything to go by.
>>
File: 1428803202982.jpg (188KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1428803202982.jpg
188KB, 750x1000px
>>81842600
They're right though. Certain versions of wonder woman do enjoy fighting and killing. There is no "knowing" wonder woman, because shes constantly written in so many different ways.
>>
>>81842660
>some versions
>posts one where she is a fucking villain

wow
>>
>>81833271
I want wonder Gadot to break my limbs in the name of Justice.
>>
File: WW Vol 2 #163.png (1MB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 2 #163.png
1MB, 1280x1556px
>>81833271

YES!!
>>
>>81842696
And? Does that go against what I was saying? Or you want me to just list every version of wonder woman that enjoys fighting?
>>
>>81834304

Hi Marvelfriend!
>>
>>81842643
She killed 4 soldiers in like... 15 seconds of fight footage? Counting the sword kill from the CW special

She will certainly kill much more.

Aquaman will end up killing an entire city.
>>
>>81839797
Yeah, I don't understand the complaining here.
Diana kills people, she's fine with it.
She's an Amazonian War Goddess, not Superman or Batman whose character traits involve the lessening of mortality. It makes sense for her.
>>
>>81842793
If they shot first it's self defense. Can't fault her on that.
>>
File: WW Vol 2 # 05.png (2MB, 1228x876px) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 2 # 05.png
2MB, 1228x876px
>>81835381
>>81840699

Found the Perezfag!
>>
>>81833271
MURDER WOMAN works better.
>>
>>81842746
>Villain Wonder Woman somehow counts as one version of Wonder Woman that genuinely reflects the character

Does Ultraman counts as a fair representation of Superman too? Or Injustice Superman?
>>
File: WW Vol 2 #92.png (1MB, 897x767px) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 2 #92.png
1MB, 897x767px
>>81841770

> I don't read Wonder Woman
>>
>>81833757
Because DCfags are this easy to trigger.
>>
>>81842847
3 soldiers with one bullet... it's obvious she aimed to do that
She will kill the others with her sword, probably
And then the one guy who didn't shoot her and she slashed him riding the horse
>>
>>81842863

You can even sing it to the tune of her old tv show theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rBZIzr49k

>Murder Womaaaaaaaaan!
>>
File: Fat cat.jpg (42KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Fat cat.jpg
42KB, 500x334px
>one bullet killing three guys
I realize it's a superhero movie, but come on.
Also, am I the only one who thinks Gadot can't act and she wasn't that good in BvS?
>>
>>81840583
Wrong. Steve made it very clear that he hasn't killed anyone since WWII. None of the Avengers are blithe psychopaths like movie counterparts; Tony even broke down when Iron Monger killed himself. Don't speak authoritatively on characters you know nothing about.
>>
>>81842894
>people
>human life

Is it really so hard to understand?
>>
File: Wonder Woman.jpg (217KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman.jpg
217KB, 1280x721px
>>81842945
Speaking of
>>
File: WW Vol 2 #86 thug 2.png (3MB, 1224x1816px) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 2 #86 thug 2.png
3MB, 1224x1816px
>>81842955

Nice try
>>
>>81843005
>killing

You're getting worse
>>
>>81842922
Well, yeah obviously. She's an amazon warrior that touts a sword and shield in her suitcase. Conflict is nothing new to her. If they're dumb enough to pick a fight, don't be surprised when it doesn't end well for the poor saps.
>>
Wonder Woman kills when there's no option or it's urgently necessary.

Is killing 3 regular soldiers (minimum) while she can just knock them out necessary?

But maybe the soldiers were simply wounded and the guy who wrote this is just stupid.
>>
File: WW Vol 2 #93 beat.png (4MB, 1280x1852px) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 2 #93 beat.png
4MB, 1280x1852px
>>81843033

> she's not killing people
>>
Wonder Woman can kill but it should be incredibly sparingly as her biggest character trait is she respects all life. It should be a very big deal, and not casual in nature like this. For example when she killed Maxwell Lord it was a huge deal for her character and affected her for a long time.
>>
>>81843139
>beating gigantic strong guys
>still not killing

buddy, come back when you have a point
>>
>>81835241
I can just as easily find another pre new 52 comic where she is disgusted by the idea of being forced to kill or watch others kill and wants to end conflict as soon as possible rather than enjoy and revel in it.
>>
>>81836017
>feminist
Shit taste
>>
>>81840817
Yes she was, thats the entire point of her killing him, it set up her new solo comic where she stops being WW out of regret you idiot.
>>
>>81841169
>>81841014
The film's Sarkeesian-tier 'critique' of nerd culture is half the reason it's shitty.
>>
>>81843192

>beating gigantic strong guys

Sure thing kid
>>
>>81842833
>this is what casuals actually believe
This meme has gone too far, its actually fooling people now.
>>
File: 1460688382122.jpg (709KB, 1887x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1460688382122.jpg
709KB, 1887x1446px
>>81843235
You can find them in New 52 too, as long as it's not Johns or Tomasi writting it.

OP's pic is not even relevant to what we're discussing.
>>
>>81842876
I agree Ultraman isn't a fair representation because he resides in a universe where all heroes are villians. But I do believe Injustice Superman is fair because like Flashpoint Wondy, a series of events happened to the original superman we know to bring them to the point of being a villian. Tell me why these shouldn't be valid reflections of the characters.
>>
>>81843334

she's basically the DC's Punisher
>>
>>81841770
>always
Nice try, /tv/ baby. Try actually reading some Avengers or Captain America. Before movies indoctrincated everyone he was strongly against killing and would rant against any heroes who did it.
>>
>>81843357
>Hippolyta is killed
>Diana takes over the world a huge part of the world and becomes new Hitler

Sure, completely in character given the circumstances.
>>
>>81833271
Superman and Batman kill
>It's ugly
Wonder Woman kills
>It's beautiful
>>
>>81833271
Good
>>
What i get from this board is that you people want DCs heroes to be as defanged as posible and for some reason are 100% ok with Marvel's heroes killing dozens of people every movie...cool i guess...
>>
>>81843336
There are lots in New 52 imo, that's not from Azz's run.

- spared Donna's life even though she massacred all the Amazonian men
- spares Ares a few times
- upsets the balance because she's not really fulfilling the role as God of War
>>
>>81843745
The Disney shilling is real on 4chin
>>
Remember when Wonder Woman killed people without any care in the failed pilot?

That went well, right?
>>
>caring about blunder woman
>>
>>81843876
WW should kill.
>>
>>81839409
Superman once killed a totally powerless Zod and Co. just because he was worried they would find a way to get their powers back.

Supes doesn't like killing, but he is capable.

I really wish MoS Supes showed more remorse for breaking Zod's neck and have been far less threatening in BvS. Supes talking about breaking people in pieces and talking about how he was granting mercy was so fucking stupid.
>>
>>81843745
It's almost like context of mortality matters.
>>
>>81844021
My problem with Superman killing Zod at the end and then screaming with remorse felt off place. The movie doesn't lead us to believe he would feel remorse. On the contrary, it makes us thinl why he didn't do it before.

>You're a monster, Zod, and I'm gonna stop you
>>
File: WW Vol 2 #4 Decay.png (3MB, 1256x1660px) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 2 #4 Decay.png
3MB, 1256x1660px
>>81843755

The New 52 version of Wonder Woman is less violent and in line with the original Golden Age version.

Yet Perezfags hate it.
>>
>>81833271
Wondy's been killing folks for years, nothing new. And it actually fits her character.
>>
>>81833406
Wonder woman hates necks
>>
>>81844021
>Supes talking about breaking people in pieces and talking about how he was granting mercy was so fucking stupid.
The issue is Snyder pushed the Jesus comparison too far. He went so far that the original goal of showing Clark as a "Super-MAN" in the MoS trailer, got buried by the need to portray him as "Super-GOD". Superman didn't die in BvS because he is one of us; he died because he is superior to us and we are all maggots. "Granting Mercy" is basically god-talk, not the talk of an Earthling.
>>
>>81833271
wonder woman isn't a super hero, she's a princess. princes and princesses are allow to kill.
>>
I don't mind if Wonder Woman kills. She has a sword, she's going to use it. You don't just carry that round for show. Same goes for Aquaman and his Trident.

In Superman's case it was pretty much the only method he could use given the situation. He was going against a pre-programmed soldier with his own power level but with actual combat prowess and genocidal intent. There really was no way that was going to end well. I will say given how strong Clark is, he really should have a better grasp on some situations. He crashed two ordinary humans through buildings and walls in the same movie. The scene with the African warlord was especially hard to watch without laughing a little. It was ridiculous.

Batman feels a little weird, though. I'm sure it was a phase, but he caused a lot of damage besides the scene where he saves Ma Kent.
It leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth but we'll see how he sizes up in the next couple of movies.
>>
File: mansplain.jpg (71KB, 638x436px) Image search: [Google]
mansplain.jpg
71KB, 638x436px
>people actually wanting a Wonder Woman movie
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>81844753
/tv/ go home
>>
>>81844753
Movies are nice extras, but I just want good comics from comic book companies. That would be great. Makes me wonder what the future is going to be like once this movie fad finally passes.
>>
>>81844836
I'm /co/, born and raised. Wonder Woman is shit. DCAU didn't know what to do with her because she's a shit character, Grant didn't know what to do with her during his JLA run because she's a shit character(his new story with her brings back the gross bondage crap, only Golden Age hipsters like it), she didn't need to be in BvS and the already crowded movie would have been better without her, she's a shit character and she drags the DC universe down with her shitty presence.
>>
File: ww4.jpg (18KB, 573x364px) Image search: [Google]
ww4.jpg
18KB, 573x364px
>>81833271

Wonder Woman's always been pretty homicidal.

she never really had the whole "paragon on virtue and truth justice etc etc" thing
>>
>>81845040
How come Gail Simone made such a big deal about her never killing? WW didn't even kill Genocide who was pure evil.
>>
>>81844993
>Not wanting Wonder Woman amazon bondage
What are you, gay?
>>
>>81845040
>so i will use this awful example where she is written notoriously out of character as an asshole hateful bitch, thatll show em!
>>
>>81845088
Because the premise is it takes place after she kills Maxwell and regrets it. That is consistent with her character
>>
/co/ doesn't read comics: the thread
>>
>>81845481
Does she regrett the killing itself or the fact that she killed someone close to the league? Or did she regrett the fact that it was shown on TV for everyone to see.
>>
>>81835381
>being this /tv/

I wish we could just ban /to/ posters
>>
>>81845040
>always
>/tv/ fags this delusional their "adaptations" are character defining
Sure if this is your only reference then you're right but I would argue what constitutes as "always" would be her comic series where the most and best stories are told that go the most in depth to her character and this has not always been the case. If that movie is all you know of Wonder Woman and is your prime example that's just silly and I think you're totally wrong and misinformed.
>>
>>81845088
>Genocide
SHIT VILLAIN! gail what r u doing girl?!

The white apes also sucked. I don't know why that run gets such high praise.
>>
File: Wonder Woman 002 v3.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman 002 v3.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>81845580
I honestly dont remember, you're asking for specifics to the point that you should just read it yourself. I hate you just say "hurr I wont spoonfeed you" but if you're that curious its worth reading. I think most people would agree it was justified though.
>>
Why do people even like wonder woman being portrayed as a female superman? It's incredibly boring.
>>
File: Wonder Woman 014.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman 014.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>81845930
I have literally never seen it praised, dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>81845892
>implying /co/ is not as misinformed as /tv/ when it comes to Wonder Woman and doesn't prefer cartoons over comics
>>
File: Action Comics 600.jpg (1MB, 1440x2251px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics 600.jpg
1MB, 1440x2251px
>>81845953
She isn't a female Superman, thats just what you got out of what people posted probably without reading any material yourself. People call the Perez run definitive and Superman is in it a bit and influences Wonder Woman's character, there are clear differences in every aspect about them even if their core ideals are the same and there's nothing wrong with them sharing ideals just like Superman and Captain Marvel do.
>>
>>81846116
What are the ideological differences between Perez's Wonder Woman and Superman exactly? They may have different backgrounds, but they are almost exactly the same person. That image you posted doesn't say any anything.
>>
>>81845580

Diana regretted the necessity of the act, not the act itself. Max was bound by the lasso to tell the truth; she asked him point blank how to stop him and Max essentially said "you'll have to kill me to stop me." At that point she had no choice but to do it, by his own words. Yet Diana regretted that it had come to that, that the situation had deteriorated to such an extent that taking a life was the only solution available to her by Max's admission.

Wonder Woman is all about changing hearts and minds, and Max was beyond her reach and influence; that's a failure.
>>
>>81846195
I didn't claim there is ideological differences and reading my own post back to myself I flat out say the fact that there isn't and that isn't a problem. They are different people who have the same ideals, as I said at least twice, just like Power Girl has the same ideology as Superman but is a different person who does different things Wonder Woman is also a different person who does different things.
if you read an issue of Wonder Woman and an issue of Superman they are not going on the same adventures. If they swapped places they might do the similar things but thats not an inherently bad thing because there's no reason they have to be wildly different in ideology other than your own standards that everyone needs to be extremely distinct. She isn't Superman, she is a different character who agrees with him, their mannerisms, dialect, and vocabulary is different.

I dont know what you want exactly, no one is saying "I want Wonder Woman to be female Superman" thats what you're getting based on what you already believe. The core of her character was initially bondage and loving submission too, something separate from Superman although if you explain Superman's character that doesn't mean most of those things wont apply to Wonder Woman.
>>
>>81845932
>>81846327
I see
>>
>>81846359
Their personalities are also much too similar. I enjoy the contrasts between batman and superman because they're two very different characters, who behave very differently in situations, but with Supes and wondy they might as well be the same character.This is why I enjoy a radical and aggressive wonder woman, because she offers something new is actually distinguishable from other super heroes. I think most superheroes fundamentally believe in similar things as superman, but have other gimmicks to make them interesting.
>>
>>81846596
Ideally her distinguishing feature should be her compassion, and in some Justice League comics its like that like Morrison's run, but I respect where you're coming from. I just disagree on the basis that I value her solo appearances more than team ones.
>>
>>81839218
>Watchmen
>A subpar adaptation that only looked good and missed the entire point of the climax so much that it turned the secret plan into a self-contradictory mess
>capekino

Just stop, kid. The Star Wars prequels are also bad.
>>
>>81833271
>3 men
>1 bullet
How the fuck is that even possible did she shatter the fucking bullet or something
>>
>>81846795
Deadpool did it
>>
>>81834473
Wasent it always Hydra from the caps very first comic
>>
>>81839218
Green lantern was simply mediocore
>>
File: wonder woman hates necks.jpg (3MB, 1496x5038px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman hates necks.jpg
3MB, 1496x5038px
>>81839797

I think you're behind, friendo.
>>
>>81846834

>Wonder Woman deflects the bullet
>Kills three guys at once
>Proceeds to sniff her bracers
>"I'm touching myself tonight."
>>
>>81834862
Tis a pain yes
>>
>>81842793
>Aquaman will end up killing an entire city.
I want the aquaman movie to be throne of altalntis
But take out the trench they were perfect in the first story what they did with them was retarded
>>
>>81846980
LEWD
E
W
D
>>
>>81847051
I heard that the Justice League movie will do throne of Atlantis
>>
>>81846596
Injustice Wondy is the best Wondy.
>>
>>81834942
>"Wonder Woman" failing is an act of violence against women - Jessica Valenti
>>
>>81846834
With a gun.
>>
>>81846327
Thats incredibly sad.
I'm going to have to check that out I haven't been following this argument close enough to know which story you are talking about but I can follow the quotes.
>>
>>81847292
Oh god I can see it now
>>
>>81833271
Yeah she's known snap necks that's her thing she kills cause muh ancient greeco-roman upbringing
>>
>>81844753
Ahhhhhhhhh tell me that's not a real thing she said please
I get that wonder women's a bit of a feminist but she's not stupid enough to believe in shit like that right... Right
>>
>>81834942
Fuck you for reminding me there's going to be a 5th live-action Transformers movie.
>>
>>81834942
I dunno the transformers movies are pretty good to women.
>>
>>81833937
>not supporting the germans
Gavrilo pls
>>
>>81848718
Prince Ferdinand represented Austria-Hungary, anon.
>>
>>81834116
God that CGI is so blatant.
>>
>>81848718
>Supporting the Krauts
What kind of filthy Hun are you?
>>81848809
Austrians are basically Germans
>>
>>81833757
>kill literal Nazis
>WW1
>Nazis
American education.
>>
>>81834304
Holy shit this. Makes me think people are either afraid to look sexist, or are desperate to salvage anything from the movie. As someone said before, her back has more screentime than her actual dialogue.

>she shows up, jumps for a bit, and stabs Doomsday, doesn't even speak
>yup perfect wonder woman actress
>>
>>81833271
Why are Superheroes always ok with killing during war scenerios?
>>
>>81833887

Found the fatass unathletic pathetic loser who never enjoyed the natural highs of physical exertion from sports.
>>
>She kills enemy soldiers during wartime!
>They made her bloodthirsty and out of character because she kills and likes to fight!
So people are upset that this is basically going to be 300 meets The First Avenger with a female lead? You guys need to find a better hobby than endlessly talking shit about a movie that isn't even finished in production, let alone available to watch yet.
>>
File: 1460268093794.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1460268093794.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>81834473
Fucking five-star post right there.
>>
>>81834304

But Faora actually was written to have a character, even if it is just liking to fight, loving Krypton and being honorable.

BvS Wonder Woman did not have any character building scenes. She was just there as a token strong woman figure. And even that was undermined by how they chose to show her action scenes. Jungle beat rock music. Pouty look. Then attack. Sexy pose. Pouty look.
>>
>>81833757
Power level. Superman is so powerful he doesnt have to kill people. When that African guy had a gun to Lois's head Superman COULD have grabbed the gun with his super speed and had a great 'looking for this?' line. At the least he could have just put his hand in front of the barrel. Instead he murders him through these buildings. Totally unnecessary given his powers.
Wonder Woman is similarly strong, fast and somewhat indestructible. She should be punching these mooks down or something. There's no reason for her to kill. Similarly Batman has trained himself to such ninja perfection entirely because he needs to be good enough to fight criminals without just capping their ass. If he doesn't mind gunning people down from his jet, then why is he even bothering with the martial arts? Why not just go full Punisher and use an assault rifle in the warehouse scene? It's sure be faster.
DC heroes are not normal people. They're paragons.
Marvel heroes aren't that powerful. They're boosted normal people and they don't have the luxury of never killing. Cap has to stop terrorists man, he can't risk himself and the world by taking it easy on them. Only Daredevil doesn't kill and it's way, way harder for him than it is for any DC character. Which is a large part of his charm really.
SpiderMan shouldn't kill people though for the same reason as DC characters. Dude is just way powerful. I have no doubt Marvel will do that right.
>>
>>81838690

That's not what that pic is about. The big wall of text scene description is what the main populace sees as a strong female character. This is what Joss Whedon does, for instance: Making a woman to be strong by giving her physical capabilities and rad action scenes.

For Wonder Woman, that would actually make sense, because she IS an action hero. But what makes her a good stand alone character has nothing to do with that.

Most mainstream TV and movie writers do not grasp this simple storytelling concept.
>>
>>81846596
But that's the exact opposite of how to do Wonder Woman right. She's supposed to be a warrior for peace who can't stand seeing how violent the world outside her paradise is and had to come help.
>>
>that caliber

>that gun

There's no way it could have had that much kinetic force. Her forearms deflect projectiles, they don't accelerate them.
>>
>>81850408

Nazis are all we know of Germany. So even before Nazis, they were Nazis.

WWI is more just guys tossed into a war machine for reasons beyond their understanding, but it feels bad killing people like that. So they'll act like Nazis.
>>
>>81853027
>>
>>81842126
The Ottomans and the Armenian Genocide.
>>
>>81842126
>>81853208
Plus, Germany DID invade and occupy neutral Belgium just to get to France. I mean these days we point to all the Imperial shit the rest of the powers were doing and say they were all equally vile, but Germany WAS the invaders. Maybe if Germany hadn't done it first then the Allies would have, but they didn't and honestly they probably wouldn't have invaded neutral, fellow European countries to do so.
So they weren't Nazis but it's actually quite easy to put Germany on the wrong side of that war. Especially when they were allied with the noxious Ottoman Empire.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.