[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M O T H E R F U C K I N G F L E X http://www.comicbookreso

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: doom-patrol-f2961.jpg (202KB, 900x1386px) Image search: [Google]
doom-patrol-f2961.jpg
202KB, 900x1386px
M O T H E R
F U C K I N G
F L E X

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/gerard-way-aims-to-make-crazy-art-with-dcs-young-animal-imprint
>>
>tfw /co/ doesn't want to gamble a stamp
>>
>>81752646
We were pretty hyped during the initial announcement. Now we're just bidding our time and saving energy.
>>
>>81752773
Sorry, I guess I missed the part where Way said Flex was coming back in the initial announcement.

I suppose this means Hotel Oblivion is indefinitely canceled?
>>
>CBR News: Gerard, this is not only big news for DC Comics, but it's big news for you. You've been involved in comics for a few years now, but primarily in creator-owned projects. Now you're in a different position -- something of a leadership position, in guiding this line. What appealed to you about this opportunity, and the chance to spend more time on comics?
>Gerard Way: I saw it as an opportunity to create a big piece of art, or a big art project, with collaborators. I wanted to form this little group, like a band, and then make crazy art -- take these characters to places they haven't been in a long time, but also new places. Personally, I think it's my job to get in there and completely mix it up, really take risks and all that. I think that's the job of everybody at Young Animal.

>That appeals to me. Stuff like that appeals to me. I can do my own books, and I love doing my own books, and they sell well, and I have a day job. If I do something, it's because I really have a lot of passion for it.
>>
>CBR: What is it about these characters in particular that made them right for Young Animal? Obviously there's history with Doom Patrol and Shade as weirder, quirkier parts of the DC landscape -- then you're bringing in Cave Carson and a new character in Mother Panic. How did you land on this lineup?

>Way: It came up really quick, and I went with my guts. I started having talks with [DC Comics Co-Publishers] Dan [DiDio] and Jim [Lee] in South America, when we were doing [Comic Con Experience in Brazil]. I had been wanting to work with DC for like a decade. I met Shelley Bond about 10 years ago to talk about maybe a Vertigo book, and then it turned into "Doom Patrol;" there were a lot of starts and stops with that. But it felt like the time was right. I was talking to Jim and Dan, and Jim had suggested the idea of an imprint, and that started to make sense to me. If I do "Doom Patrol" just by itself, it's really going to be on an island, because it'll be so different. I was like, "It would be nice if 'Doom Patrol' had some company." Let's revitalize experimental comics in the mainstream. If there's a company that can do it, you guys have been doing it forever. You have this rich history of that -- let's use that history.

>Then it just happened very organically. I came in with my characters. I said, "I would do 'Doom Patrol,' I would do 'Shade the Changing Girl,'" I busted out Cave Carson. I got to be honest -- I think "Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye" is the title that got me the gig. When I presented that to Dan, he was like, "Alright, we have to do this."
>>
>>81753163
>Young Animal is for the "weirder, quirkier" parts of the DCU
Deadman, Metal Men, and Metamorpho books when?
>>
It's been a long time since I've felt I should buy floppies to support ongoing.
>>
>>81753360
>Metamorpho

Well, he does have that one story going in that Legends of Tomorrow book.
>>
>>81752844
NO. Umbrella Academy volume 3 is happening too.

I don't remember if he confirmed that it's still "Hotel Oblivion," but Gerard has confirmed that he's doing BOTH UA and work with DC.

I'm not dredging up the specific tweets, but there were stuff about his DC work not affecting his relationship with Dark Horse and that Gabriel Ba's work on the new UA was the best Gerard has seen.
>>
>>81751895
The worst part of being a Gerard Way fan is you miss his music when he writes comics and you miss his comics when he writes music. It's a weird limbo style suffering.
>>
Another new interview here.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-12/gerard-way-dc’s-young-animal-cave-carson-and-sentient-ambulances

He confirms that the characters in the teaser pic aren't the entire team. Also this:

>I was talking to my friend about the Doom Patrol image and he wanted me to ask you if the ambulance is a sentient ambulance, akin to Danny the Street from Grant Morrison’s run? Danny the Ambulance perhaps?

>Hmm. [Pauses] Hmm. Your friend said this? Hmm. I can’t comment on that, but your friend is really smart.

So either Robotman's head being on top of it is actually literal, or the ambulance is a new character.
>>
>>81754098
>or the ambulance is a new character.

>It's a transformer
>>
>>81754098
>the ambulance is a new character.
I really hope this.

The misery of Cliff Steele works when he's human enough to feel the pain that he's a metal monster. Being a car would be a bit too absurd.
Whereas on the other hand, I can accept some kind of sentient ambulance as a new freak to seek a home with the group, it's a very 'Morrison' thing to do.
>>
>>81754308
A sentient ambulance wouldn't be out of the norm considering a sentient, traveling street was a thing
>>
>>81754928
Wait, no I wasn't disagreeing with THAT. We're on the same page there.

Just that Cliff being the ambulance would feel out of place.
>>
>>81753163
>Let's revitalize experimental comics in the mainstream.
>experimental
So will these comics actually be experimental, or is that just part of the marketing hype?
>>
>>81755045
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just reaffirming your post.
>>
>>81753749
>>81752844
Gabriel Bad has been releasing new pics of the umbrella academy development for the last few months.
to back that up.
just check his fb and stuff.
>>
>>81755092
Way seems genuine about wanting to experiment. Whether that'll resonate with readers remains to be seen.
>>
>>81754251
>it transforms into another vehicle
>>
File: CTzVHN-WoAAPlNK-600x821.jpg (166KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
CTzVHN-WoAAPlNK-600x821.jpg
166KB, 600x821px
>>81754098
It's worth nothing that this was going to be the cover to the first issue of Way and Cloonan's pitch.

I guess there was a sentient ambulance in that version as well.
>>
File: MAGIC BUS.jpg (196KB, 640x983px) Image search: [Google]
MAGIC BUS.jpg
196KB, 640x983px
>>81754098
>>81754308
>>81754928
>>81759245
Maybe it's a cousin to the LSD Bicycle/Bus from Morrison's run.
>>
Isn't young animal the magazine that publishes Berserk?
>>
>>81760761
Yes
>>
>>81760761
I think that's a joke that's been brought up.

If DC is claiming the english trademark, then it's not the first time a Japanese property did/would have to change its name for international markets.
>>
>>81760989
>>81760761
>this is all part of DC's plan to start publishing in Japan
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.