[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is /co/ looking forward to Gerard Way's Doom Patrol,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: doompatrol2016.jpg (216KB, 1035x1594px) Image search: [Google]
doompatrol2016.jpg
216KB, 1035x1594px
So is /co/ looking forward to Gerard Way's Doom Patrol, and the Young Animal line as a whole? There's a new interview with Way around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Jc86FUh6s

In terms of DP stuff:
>Intends to use something from every part of Doom Patrol history. Interviewer compares it to what Johns usually does, but Way say it probably won't make as much sense.
>Robotman, Larry Trainor, and Caulder will be around, as will Flex Mentallo and some new characters (I believe he mentions one as being named Casey Brink). Wants to use Rita at some point. Probably won't see Beast Boy.
>Roster's going to be shifting around a lot, with the characters themselves going through some changes, too.
>>
>>81719268
I can dig it. I love me some Flex Mentallo.
>>
Yeah it's the most exciting new from either of the Big 2 in awhile
>>
>>81719268
I wish Beast Boy was over here instead of TT
>>
>apprentice of Morrison picking up Doom Patrol
yep that'll do it
>>
>>81719268
Wait, Flex Mentallo's in it? Shit, I gotta check this out.
>>
>>81719311
The question being is if this Flex will be like the fully-realized version from his title mini, the more flawed iteration from Morrison's DP, or an entirely different take on the character.

>>81719355
Same.
>>
File: frenzy.jpg (100KB, 425x997px) Image search: [Google]
frenzy.jpg
100KB, 425x997px
As long as this nigga is around then I'm game
>>
>>81719268
Yes and I like this very much

>Roster's going to be shifting around a lot, with the characters themselves going through some changes, too.
>>
>>81719846
Yeah, hopefully that means a lot of characters from the team's history get some time in the sun.
>>
I'm still wondering if Hakusensha will sue over the name.
>>
I'm going to try all four series from the imprint, they all look good. Shade is the one I'm most curious about, it could either be really cringeworthy and shit or it could be amazing.
>>
>>81719355
Fuck, now I want this too.

He and Raven really need to escape it for a little while like Starfire and Dick did.
>>
>>81719997
Precisely
>>
>>81720143
Fuck off, the TT cancer needs to be contained and purged in the TT books.

>>81720064
Who?
>>
>>81720110
>Shade is the one I'm most curious about, it could either be really cringeworthy and shit or it could be amazing.

I know the artist is a big fan of the Peter Milligan/Chris Bachalo stuff. Before the announcement she was tweeting out pics of her stack of floppies
>>
>>81720221
Well I'm not worried about the art, looks great, but that is good to hear.
>>
>>81719355
I was kind of thinking the cat guy might be a reimagined version of him. Now I really wonder what his deal is.
>>
>>81720186
What? Characters aren't cancer, writers are cancer. What do you have against Beast Boy and Raven?
>>
>>81719268
I'm OK with this, but I also just want more Umbrella Academy.
>>
>>81720186
>Who?
A Japanese publisher that has a magazine called 'Young Animal'. It publishes Berserk.
>>
I'll pick up Doom Patrol and the Gotham one about that woman superhero. Is there anymore news on that title?
>>
>>81719268
I'll check out Doom Patrol, others don't hold much interest.
>>
>>81719268
I had never heard his talking voice, sounds so different from when he sings.

Fuck, I really want to buy all of these.

>>81720186
>Who?
Hakusensha publishes a seinen manga magazine called Young Animal. It's where Berserk debuted.

>>81720456
He mentioned on Twitter that they've finished the first issue for the new series.
>>
>>81720503
Unlikely. DC's "Young Animal" is a comic book imprint, while Hakusensha's "Young Animal" is a manga magazine. There's a difference in both publishing areas and general marketplaces.
>>
>>81720365
Nothing, fix their problems right over there in the TT books, don't bring them over to here.

>Characters aren't cancer
False, Jason Todd.

>>81720503
>mango

Who cares.
>>
>>81720570
In Japan, western comics are also called manga, and they do get released there. (most comic shops in Japan have a semi-large section devoted to 'American manga'). If they bring over American books headed with the 'Young Animal' name, it will create market confusion.
>>
>>81720889
I still doubt that would be the case. Naming aside, the artwork would likely be more than enough to differentiate the two.

If all else fails, just call it "DC YOUNG ANIMAL" or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (272KB, 960x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272KB, 960x340px
So what does /co/ think about Mother Panic?
>>
>>81719268
>Flex Mentallo

OK, I'll read it.
>>
>>81721486
Nice costume.
>>
>>81719355
Doesn't everyone?
>>
Is Umbrella Academy any good? Or Way's Spidey stuff?
>>
Would /co/ recommend Morrison's DP and Flex Mentallo?
>>
>>81721842
I haven't read his Doom Patrol yet but Flex is great
>>
>>81721842
Yes and Yes. You can just read Flex Mentallo really quickly, DP will take a bit of committal.
>>
>>81721901
>>81721871

Thanks. How long was his DP run?
>>
I've never read any Doom Patrol, though I've always meant to, but I've liked Way's other comics so I'm pretty excited.

I'm actually gonna start reading older Doom Patrol now soon, this is the push I needed.
>>
>>81721922
45 issues.
>>
>>81721982
I wish this would be at least half as good and half as long as that
>>
>>81721982
Crap. That's long. Are there any omnis?
>>
>>81722074
Yeah. There's one that has every issue, including the Doom Force one-shot.
>>
>>81721871
>>81721901
>reading Flex before Doom Patrol

plebs
>>
>>81721486
Nothing because I know nothing about it. If anything I'm upset it's another Gotham hero.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.