[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Superman does it >TOO EVULS, WHY NOT BOTTLE THE WORLD,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: Comb10032016043732.jpg (245KB, 475x1651px) Image search: [Google]
Comb10032016043732.jpg
245KB, 475x1651px
>Superman does it
>TOO EVULS, WHY NOT BOTTLE THE WORLD, NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER

>Cap does it

>MUH FREEDOMS, TOP AMERICA YUU ESS AYY!
>>
>>81704334
Cap is a soldier though, like he signed up to shoot people initially anyways
>>
>>81704334

Captain america isnt as good as superman.

the marvel universe just have really low standards so he is the boy scout there.
The idea a SOLDIER is morally right is just retarded.
>>
>>81704407
I'm pretty sure they're talking about ignoring laws and refusing any limitations on authority, not about killing.
>>
>>81704334
The fact that Superman is so much more powerful probably has something to do with it.
>>
Only that Superman is the most powerful being in normal DC, and when he's not, he usually gets the plot power.

In Marvel there was a similar instance, with Odinforce Thor iirc. And it was looked upon similarly - heck, you eradicated poverty and vice? It's fine, sure. But at the same time you made earth into a fucking USSR v4.0.

In a What if? Doom with power of the Beyonder and later Infinity Gauntlet too creates a similar "utopia" before fucking off to fight Celestials. It wasn't expanded upon though, mostly because he accidentally the solar system during that fight.
>>
>>81704443
World War II soldier, motherfucker.
>>
>>81704801
>le greatest generation

will this meme die already you retarded amerifarts? After Civil War USA only had military interventions, despite what your glorious democratic leaders told you. Wars have existential stakes, USA could've bargained with any given victor, as was seen of course.
>>
>>81704334
Yes, OP, I hold Superman to a higher standard.

Because he, of all heroes, always has the capacity to surpass it.
>>
>>81704334
Captain America is not to high above normal human abilities
When he goes rouge he's an underdog
Superman going rouge could be an extinction level event
with nothing really to keep him in check respecting authority and the way normal humans want to do things is extremely important
>>
File: Comb10032016043751.jpg (416KB, 1000x1319px) Image search: [Google]
Comb10032016043751.jpg
416KB, 1000x1319px
>>81705308
>>81704960

Cap went rouge with an anonymous superhuman insurgency and dumbadd cheered

Superman takes over and actually improves quality of life and he gets shat on
>>
>>81705796
The situations were completely different and conparing the two is absolutely retarded. In the DC Marvel crossover superman was absolutely disgusted by how mutants and meta humans were treated as freaks by the general population while in DC universe they are treated as heroes unless they are villians. If the roles were reversed I bet he would have done the same thing as Cap in all honesty.
>>
>>81704334
Captain America is just a steroid junkie
Superman is a god
>>
>>81704801
And? Joining an army is only valid if your country is being invaded. America should had never been involved in europe. Just the pacific.
>>
>>81706270
This is the dumbest thing i've ever read.
>>
>>81706415
Keep dying for the jews you pleb.
>>
>>81706270
You can thank the japs for America joining ya dingus
>>
>>81705948
What? How does that make sense
>>
>>81706821
Yeah it had nothing to do with UK crying for help for years.
>>
>>81705796
How is Cap NOT taking over the world comparable to Superman taking over the world?
>>
>>81704334
Superman is held to a higher standard because he is more powerful. More power is more responsibility.

If Cap went rogue half of the avengers could take him down. He's superhuman, but only just so. If Superman goes rogue we've got a problem.
>>
>>81706982
>that polandball comic about WWII
>what
>>
>>81707132
implying its not true
>>
>>81707116
Cap in Civil War is fighting to do whatever he wants with a superhuman army without any oversight, elections, apoinments, checks, balances or deference to the people,
>>
>>81707302
The difference is, he'd be answering to MARVEL CIVLIANS. Those are some of the dumbest motherfucker's I've ever seen. At a certain point, being forced to obey the whims of complete mongtards becomes an actual liability.
>>
File: 9432.jpg (18KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
9432.jpg
18KB, 220x270px
>Garth Ennis
>hates WW2 capes because he thinks they're an insult to the people who really fought in the war
>hates capes, except for Superman
Feels gran', paddy.
>>
>>81707453
I'm always amused by the hypocrisy that he hates WW2 heroes like Cap (who, if AI recall, was created by Jack Kirby, who WAS in WW2), while he seems to like Frank, who is just as masturbatory to 'Nam vets.
>>
>>81707549
>Frank as simply a psycho
Seems, indeed.
>>
>>81707376
He's Captain America, he of all people should know power needs to be checked
>>
>>81707764
>power needs to be checked
Yeah, well... he's a Disney IP.
>>
>>81706982
And that's why that post says america should hah fought only against Japan.

>>81707049
And why did the UK got involved?
>>
>>81707764
He should also know that power shouldn't go into the wrong hands.
>>
>>81708029
>>81707811
>>
>>81708029
And the right hands he just self declares to be his.
>>
>>81709781
You seem to forget that HE is the power that he has to stop from coming into the wrong hands. Do you remember what was happening during Civil War on the registration side? It was fucked up.
>>
>>81707302
He was fighting for the right to catch criminals in the act without filing paperwork.

Again, how is that comparable to conquering the Earth?
>>
>>81704334
Superman ignores the laws by gping around killing everyone that makes him mad.

Cap ignores the laws by preventing other people from killing everyone who makes them mad.

Nice fallacy though, equating the law with justice.
>>
>>81709980
Bearmeme?>>81709872
Because they went full Korra because other wise Cap would look like the insurgent psycho he was
>>
>>81709938
Anonymous, vigilantism with dangerous powers with no overseight training or accountabilty is fucked.

You go out with weapons and a mask and fight crime you are a crazy thug

Now add superpowers to that and its worse.

People understood this shit in the 30s
>>
>>81706270
>>81707907

Except your idiots forget GERMANY DECLARED WAR against the USA.
>>
>>81710048
They were both enforcing there view of justice with no regard for the will of the people, consent, check or ballances.
>>
>>81710242
I don't think you necessarily need consent to save lives. Even a civilian can save someone from getting murdered if they have the balls for it.
>>
>>81711161
True, but anonymous vigilantism is hyper fucking illegal for a reason
>>
>>81704490
>Ones a real american
>Ones a filthy illigal alien
C'Mon Anon, its obvious
>>
>>81711912
>illigal
Real Americans speak English.
>>
>>81710242
So does everyone who enforces their view of justice. Saying Cap would be better off in government hands is obviously ludicrous even ignoring the existence of Hydra and comparing him to the real-life government.

At least when Cap fucks up he's not in charge of the people who would investigate him for wrongdoing.
>>
>>81711854
Cap isn't anonymous. You got a specific grievance against him, you can take him to court over it.
>>
>>81711912
The Cap comes from irish roots, his parents were immigrants.
>>
>>81704334
..Wat, what did they do, exactly?
>>
>>81711989
How does removing all accountability make someone LESS corrupt.

Thats like abolishing congrrse after watergate
>>
>>81712046
In the comic he was waging an insurgency by and for anonymous super vigilantism, several of them under age no less
>>
>>81712167

It doesn't. I'm saying Cap is accountable since he doesn't investigate himself, doesn't try himself, and doesn't judge himself innocent or guilty. He's as accountable as any citizen. I'm saying being able to do what you want and then go "lol its top secret sorry but I promise I did the right thing" isn't accountability.
>>
>>81712203

Yes, but his own identity is public knowledge. Cap is a war hero first, and a super hero second.
>>
>>81712203
Against peolle who would banish you to the shadow realm with no trial. I'd take anonymous vigilantism and real representation in court over goverment mandated interdimensional black sites

Also the crusade in the comics wasn't just against anonymous vigilantes; it was against anyone with powers. Luke Cage quit crimefighting amd still got buttfucked by pro-reg
>>
>>81712281
But the whole point of Civil War is Cap fighting AGAINST and accountability or juristiction
>>
>>81712397
They did the Korra thing bro
>>
>>81704334

I feel like no one really got the point of the Authority. Like they understand the shallow surface level concept of Superheros doing their own thing, but Authority never crossed the facist-line that all these parodies of them seem to imply.

Their world was pretty fucked up and they only took over in cases of emergencies too. Like when you need evacuate the entire planet, you don't have time to fuck with little petty governments wanting to do it this way.
>>
>>81712082
And he was born on usa legally he is american.
Clark was born on Krypton
>>
>>81712417

No, the point was fighting against fascism, guilty-until-proven-innocent "justice", and discrimination based on ability.
>>
>>81704940
His intervention was necessary. For example stopping the axis powers
>>
>>81712082
You know who else had immigrant parents? Ben Franklin
>>
>>81710209
Superman IS the authority in his own scenario, he takes over the world.

Cap was rising up against an unfair authority, specifically one that was encroaching on their freedoms because they decided they knew best.

Captain America in civil war was anti-authoritarian, Superman in "anytime he decides he knows best and should rule the earth" is authoritarian in theme
>>
>>81704334
Do you mean becoming an evil fascist dickhead?

Don't think Cap has ever done that, well I guess he came close to it during Hickman's Avengers run and everyone hated it.
>>
I am surprise that Superman didn't take over the earth.
>>
>>81704443
>The idea a SOLDIER is morally right is just retarded.
He doesn't embody a soldier or a soldiers values.
And he doesn't embody the America of today or even the America of the 40s.

He embodies the American IDEAL, he represents the potential of America.
>>
>>81704443
Self defense is always morally right and soldiers exist to defend.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.