[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's something I never understood. Why do bank heists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1423210630480.png (17KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
1423210630480.png
17KB, 691x597px
Here's something I never understood.

Why do bank heists exist in Metropolis?
>>
>>81691663
Because sometimes Superman is off planet. Or dealing with something else, like an earthquake in Africa or punching *insertvillainhere* in the face. Or he doesn't hear it in time, or can't get away, or any one of like a dozen possible reasons. Maybe it's night and he's asleep.

It's a stupid question.
>>
>>81691663
Because they wrote that one happened.
>>
>>81691767
So what.

They go through all the meticulous effort of planning a bank heist HOPING that its one of Superman's off days?
>>
>>81691810
yeah, there's a reason why they don't have a regular job anon and turned to crime anon. They're fucking dumb.
>>
Your average criminal has no ability to plan ahead or consider that his actions might have negative consequences.
>>
>>81691663
Lex Luthor pays them to do it so that Superman is distracted from his many illegal money-making operations.

For a given profit margin of $40000 per hour over the city, that could be disrupted by some lunatic in tights, giving some two-bit thugs 10k each along with the promise of legal representation (through the unaffiliated Levi Fund For Defense) is cheap as hell.
>>
>>81691810
Or they watch the news to keep track of where he might be.
>>
>>81691864
so what, bank heists in Metropolis exist in a constant state of suspended animation waiting for a convenient news report of Superman's whereabouts?
>>
>>81691945
I would.

On the other hand, it's not like Superman is the only one in Metropolis, so might as well just say "fuck it" and take a shot.
>>
Luthor runs the criminal mafia Underground like how Kingpin does in Spiderman or how Black Mask does in Gotham. He's got unlimited funds meaning he can loan them kryptonite bullets
>>
>>81691839
This. That's why they're petty criminals. Heck, even some white-collar criminals fall into the same trap, not thinking ahead or considering what might happen if they get caught. Just look at Bernie Madoff.
>>
>>81691663
most bank heists are set-ups.
The goons are paid to do a mock robbery, get caught by Supes, get kept out of jail by the people who hired them,

and while Supes was distracted, different goons carried out a very profitable drug deal on the other side of town.

This happens about ten times a week
>>
Why does this question give you an erection?
>>
>>81692288
Why does Superman even care about drugs anyway?

Does he just enforce whatever arbitrary laws that get passed for the sake of upholding legality? Is Superman just a loyal thug of the federal government?
>>
>>81692399
Because sometimes drugs are outlawed for a reason. Superman wouldn't want someone doing smack because that shit will fuck you up, or alternatively they're trying to sell to kids which Supes is even more opposed to. I doubt he gives a shit if some dude's smoking weed in his living room.
>>
>>81691663

Superman is such a good guy, he can see that the real injustice would be locking those guys in a prison for several years for making a few bad choices

Superman isn't a cop, he's a hero and there's a difference
>>
>>81692399
because many drug traffickers target disenfranchised people to do the dealing for them, which makes their poverty worse when they get caught and arrested.

regardless, it was just an example of a more business-like crime than bankrobbing. You could just as easily say, I dunno, the mayor making an under-the-table deal to allow toxic waste to be dumped in an unsafe area in exchange for a big donation to his campaign, or whatever.
>>
>>81691945
It would be fun comic where some no-name bank robber wakes up late on a Superman off-day. And the comic is just following him around for the day trying to find a bank to rob that isn't already taken of being robbed by someone else.
>>
>>81693157
>ends with him accidentally robbing a warehouse filled with stolen goods and sparking a huge ruckus
>episode ends with him getting credit for 'risking his life to draw this to the authorities attention' and receiving the reward offered for the stolen goods, as well as a hand shake from Superman
>joins the police the very next day
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.