[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk and debate about Comic writers and finally decide who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hack.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
Lets talk and debate about Comic writers and finally decide who are the hack and who are the geniuses
my vote for hack has to be Garth Ennis he comes off as this 15 year old edgelord who think's he's better than everybody
>>
hacks*
>>
>>81674484
I don't give a shit, his Punisher is great. Just don't read stuff like Crossed.
>>
>>81674484
>15 year old edgelord who think's he's better than everybody
nah that's you, he writes some of the heart-filled comics out there, they just happen to be also full of brutality and low humor
>>
>>81674484
HNominate Dennis Hopeless for hacks, hated all his books.
>>
>>81674484
You're right about him, but he's still done a few top tier comics.
>>
>>81674484
>>81674915
tumblrina triggered?
>>
>>81674484
>he comes off as this 15 year old edgelord who think's he's better than everybody
sounds like Warren Ellis
>>
>>81674771
Didn't he also write that Hitman comic where the dude meets Superman. That was a very solid issue.
>>
>>81675821
He wrote every Hitman comic
>>
>>81674484
I hate this new trend of teenagers thinking they're mature just because they don't like gore or goofy shock humor
>>
>>81674484

For all the shock-value stuff Ennis drops, he also clearly writes intelligent, well-researched stuff. Consider his Punisher run, or anything where he gets to be a military history buff. Your opinion is invalid, because you're an idiot who clearly doesn't read comics. Why do I keep thinking /co/ actually reads comics? Because I hate myself and I wish I was dead.
>>
>>81675877
But I only saw that one being storytimed. Thus I can't speak for the quality on the rest of the run.

Overall, I think positive of Ennis. I worked with a guy who equated Ennis' work on Punisher to what Miller did with DD in revitalized and defining the character.
>>
Daily "Ennis is a hack" thread.

>But Hitman!
>But Punisher!
>But most of Preacher!

Can we also have a Morrison>Moore thread? Or a Moore>Gaiman thread?
>>
>>81676003
>Thus I can't speak for the quality on the rest of the run.

You better have a pretty fucking good excuse for still not having read Hitman.
>>
/co/ hates Gillen
His Uncanny X-Men were great, and Siege was not only the best Secret Wars spin off, it was better than Secret Wars.

/co/ calls Bunn mediocre.
His Sinestro was the only good Green Lantern in the Venditti age, his Magneto was the only good X-Men book in the Bendis age, and right now his Uncanny X-Men in the only good mutant team book.

so, I dont care much about what co thinks of writers.
>>
>>81678480
I think that a portion of /co/ hates Gillen because some of his works are directed for a teenage girl audience i.e. Young Avengers, Phonogram, Angela etc.

Bunn on the other hand is seen as mediocre because it seems he will write anything which dilutes his product. Without mentioning all of the terrible Deadpool Kills series, I'd like to point out that Bunn also follows a lot of great runs with substandard writing (Venom after Remender, Moon Knight are Ellis, Aquaman after Johns)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.