[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone loves Batman who is a blatant rip-off of The Shadow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 2598390-shadow1.jpg (291KB, 1440x1722px) Image search: [Google]
2598390-shadow1.jpg
291KB, 1440x1722px
>everyone loves Batman who is a blatant rip-off of The Shadow
>no one even knows who The Shadow is
explain his
>>
>better marketing
>better stories
>better media adaptations
>better talent
Pick a card any card.
>>
You do
>>
>>81600470

I know who The Shadow s -- we had a lot of the old radio plays on reel-to-reel at my college radio station.
>>
>>81600470
>working
>old lady comes around
>must be in her 80's or early 90's
>common customer
>help her out
>she blurts out "the shadow knows"
>repeats it twice
>remember listening to a shadow audiobook on a stream a year back
>she doesn't come around anymore
>she was a customer since 1970's at that place
>been 8 months
The Shadow lead her home.
>>
>>81600470
>no one even knows who The Shadow is
but the Shadow knows...
>>
>>81600470
Marking differences.
The Shadow's never had a successful movie or a successful TV series.
>>
File: eros_by_mischievousmartian.jpg (54KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
eros_by_mischievousmartian.jpg
54KB, 566x800px
>everyone loves Cupid who is a blatant rip-off of Eros
>even gets his own holiday
>no one even knows who Eros is
explain his
>>
I can tell by the way he's holding guns.
>>
File: personajes_robin_10.jpg (90KB, 424x632px) Image search: [Google]
personajes_robin_10.jpg
90KB, 424x632px
>>
File: Batman253-20.jpg (135KB, 514x750px) Image search: [Google]
Batman253-20.jpg
135KB, 514x750px
>>81600470
Because the stuff people love about Batman is the un-Shadow-like stuff about him, like his backstory, his supporting cast and his generally more colorful villains (which owe a slight debt to pulp villains like the Shadow's, but moreso to Dick Tracy's grotesque criminals).

That said, I DO wish more people knew about the Shadow, because then maybe they'd enjoy his stories instead of complaining about how Batman isn't dark enough/murdery enough for their liking. I really liked the Alec Baldwin movie as a kid, but not gonna lie, I lost a little interest when I realized he was just gun-toting Batman and not psychic, ex-opium-warlord, gun-toting Batman. But I still have mad respect for him. I wanna read that recent run of comics by Garth Ennis one of these days.
>>
>>81602413
>The Shadow and Dick Tracy both got movies with huge budgets thrown into recreating that old-timey world that almost but never quite was
>On the opposite end, The Phantom gets a meh movie but a gorgeous, radically futuristic animated series by Peter Chung
The 90s were a good time to develop an appreciation for old-timey pulp heroes.
>>
>>81602510

Trying to make some of that Burton Batman money, why they went pulps instead of other DC characters confuses me though
>>
>>81602694
Because those other movies weren't made by WB, genius.
>>
>>81603151
Also, Dick Tracy came out in the middle of 1990, so I'm pretty sure it was a pet project of Warren Beatty's that just finally got pushed through because of Batman's success.
>>
File: Agent 47.jpg (40KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Agent 47.jpg
40KB, 960x960px
>>81600470
?
>>
>>81600470
The Shadow knows.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.