[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ABC Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Carter Most Wanted Damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

File: marvel.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>ABC
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Agent Carter
Most Wanted
Damage Control
Untitled John Ridley-developed series

>TBD
Untitled Marvel comedy series separate from Damage Control

>Freeform
Cloak & Dagger

>Netflix
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Defenders

Holy lord. All of which are either airing or confirmed.
>>
>>81563137
>more bad TV
yayyy...
>>
All of which are shit, aside from red batman
>>
>>81563193
>bad TV
But most of their TV is great. Better than the garbage movies at least.
>>
>>81563137
So lemme try and suss this out...
>ABC: General Marvel, closest in tone to movies
>Netflix: purely street level.
>Freeform: Teenage appeal?

Based on this, what can we assume comes next? Kamala for Freeform? Howard the Duck for ABC?
>>
>>81563137
>FOX
Gotham
TBD Legion
TBD hellfire club

>CW
Legends of tomorrow
Flash
Felicity

>CBS
Supergirl

Capekino
>>
Netflix shit are the only ones worth watching 2bqh my famila
>>
>>81563332
Probably a cartoon series that connects to everything else like DC.
>>
>>81563137
>Most Wanted
that's still hapening?
>>
>>81563137
Hellfire and Legion are also co-produced by Marvel Television, but since those aren't set in the MCU, I'm not sure if you'd count them.
>>
most likely Marvel would only consume at most 2 hours a week, so basically a Marvel Night to go with their other shit nights like Comedy and TGIT

Netflix I assume the plan is not to have 5 shows running concurrently so its also not as much as it seems

at any rate I think their shows are actually varied enough in tone to survive on their own
>>
>>81563365
You're just listing things. I was listing MCU properties.
>>81563420
Correct.

ARROWVERSE:

>CW
Arrow
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow

>CW Seed
Vixen

>NBC
Constantine

>CBS
Supergirl

Aside from that, Gotham is its own thing, Legion is its own thing, and Hellfire Club is in the X-Men movie universe. Then there's iZombie, The Walking Dead, FearTWD, and Lucifer.
>>
>>81563210
Nah, Iron Fist is gonna be great.
>>
>>81563365
>TBD Legion
FX, not Fox. Hellfire might be Fox, but Legion is for sure FX.
>>
>>81563307
The netflix stuff is the only good stuff.
>>
>>81563488
Preacher, too
>>
>>81563307
>But most of their TV is great.
You mean their Netflix stuff. And JJ wasn't that good. DD is great. Let's hope LC and IF are good too

>Better than the garbage movies at least.
Now you're just being contrarian
>>
>>81563413
Yeah AoS just had a sendoff episode for those 2 characters like last week.

>>81563537
Right. Probably 1 or 2 others I'm missing somewhere.
>>
>>81563413
It was, then it wasn't, and now it is again.
>>
>>81563496
FX IS FOX

derp
>>
File: 1.jpg (130KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
130KB, 1024x577px

>The CW
Arrow
Legends of tomorrow
Flash
Izombie

>FOX
Gotham
Lucifer

>AMC
Preacher

>FX
Y: The last man

>CBS
Supergirl

>NBC
Powerless
Scalped
R.E.D

>SYFY
Krypton
Static shock
DMZ
Ronin
>>
Fox has
>Lucifer
>Gotham
>Soon Legion, they said they were filming the pilot in March
>TBD hellfire club tv show

Fox truly is the microsoft of /cotv/
>>
>>81563137
What's the deal with Damage Control? Don't they mostly focus on cleaning up heroes' messes? How's that gonna work for a series when there's only 2-3 superhero movies a year? Are they going to come up with new heroes to clean up after? Cross over with a lot of other Marvel TV shows? That one could really thrive or falter based on how much freedom they have there. The first half of season 1 agents of SHIELD was basically them acting like Damage Control interspersed with an actual spy plot. Maybe that was bad because of the lack of focus, but it still seems risky.
>>
>>81563660
>Krypton
Still? Fuck.
>>
>>81563660
This is the winning team
>>
>>81563663
Well it's implied from the Avengers movies that the team has been going around the world, fucking up Hydra bases and things like that so we don't necessarily see all the shenanigans on screen. In fact, that might be a cool plus to hear second hand about what they've been up to between films.

>>81563660
>organizing by network instead of canon
>>
>>81563660
These guys take on the mcu avengers

Who wins?
>>
>>81563663
I'd be down for it if they had different tiers of control.
>I had to clean up a HYDRA base that went nuclear in Belgium yesterday. You?
>I spent an hour on the phone with a guy who in Hell's Kitchen who got his skylight smashed.
>>
>>81563608
Yes, but FOX and FX are also different channels owned by the same parent company. One is has limits, the other barely anything holding it back.
>>
>>81563872
This is ideal. Man this show has some serious potential.
>>
>>81563660
>Krypton
pls no
>>
>>81563567
Kingpin, Ward, and the Purple Man are better villains than any of the movies'.
>>
>>81563413
Yep. They even wrote out Bobbi and Hunter from AoS to facilitate it.

The show nobody asked for, and now we don't even get anymore Hunter bantz.
>>
>>81563660
Don't forget
>Playstation
Powers
>>
>>81563854
Hulk, Thor, Vision, Iron Man & War Machine are the big powerhouses vs. Supergirl, Flash, and Firestorm... Flash hasn't reached close to his full potential yet, so I'm giving this one to Marvel.
>>
File: bob.jpg (37KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
37KB, 615x456px
>>81563660
>WB owns HBO
>doesn't make any DC shows there
Wtf, WB, I would sell all my shit to get Question show on HBO.
>>
>>81563872
We don't need everything to cross over.
>>
>>81564119
they have Lucifer there
>>
>>81564147
... do you really expect it not to?
>>
>>81564121
WB would need to be competent to do something like that
>>
>>81564147
Yeah we fucking do if they're going to put it in the MCU otherwise it all just falls apart. They already neglect that fucking "all connected" tagline enough as it is. The fact that nobody during Civil War is concerned about the growing number of inhumans through the world is just stupid.
>>
File: Legion.jpg (68KB, 414x579px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.jpg
68KB, 414x579px
I cant wait for the legion tv show, finally muggas are getting some live action outside of movies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OubEgJ4oA8
>>
>>81564194
>... do you really expect it not to?
Yes, I do. So far the Netflix shows have been pretty self contained besides somethings mentioning the connections.

>>81564212
The problem is every thread descends down to a load of people who think connectivity should be placed above a good story. Connectivity is an after thought. It is for those "heh I noticed that" moments for fans.

It is not necessary for every single thing to have to mention each other.

The world is a big place. When people keep on about the connectivity we just end up in the middle of a "save me, tony" thread.
>>
>>81564319
That's all well and good, but the entire point of Damage Control is cleaning up the messes caused by the Avengers and their villains. The premise relies on interconnectivity.

Like, you'd have a point if we were talking about just about any other Marvel property, but not this one. This is the one where it makes the MOST sense.
>>
>>81564319
But breaking the immersion by completely ignoring legitimate things currently taking place in-universe isn't good storytelling. Agents of SHIELD would be so much better if they would just send a fucking team to Hell's Kitchen to investigate what the fuck is happening. The point of SHIELD is to be the bridge between powered people and the U.S. government.
>>
>>81564429
No one cares about what happens in Hells Kitchen. They literally explain that in S1.
>>
>>81564429
what does a seemingly regular man putting on a mask and beating up criminals have to do with SHIELD?
>>
>>81564552
Ok great. So SHIELD allows powered people to do whatever the fuck they want because it's in Hell's Kitchen which nobody cares about. Meanwhile, any time an inhuman's face gets partially processed through super SHIELD satellites, the director himself and his most elite agents are there within 10 minutes.

>>81564631
What does a giant bulletproof black man and tiny white woman who can pick up cars have to do with SHIELD? What does an entire hydra-like organization of ninjas have to do with SHIELD?
>>
>>81563365
Felicity kek
>>
File: Daredevil.png (1MB, 1024x1809px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.png
1MB, 1024x1809px
>>81564429
It doesn't ruin immersion..

Heck, the cop in Daredevil season 2 perfectly described it as a "bunch of cultists". Weird shit happens all the time.

And why would Shield investigate it? What Supernatural shit has occured? It has all been covered up by a hospital or explained away.

>>81564405
And thats the problem with Agents of Shield. They tried to do dime store Marvel and it back fired.

If anything the premise should have been closer to Item 47. I've never really liked Agents of Shield - the premise was wrong, they damaged Coulson as a character etc etc.

The problem is it makes SENSE to have connectivity, no one is denying that. But relying on it makes it boring when it can't rely on what it is. Agents of Shield really only survived because of the Winter Soldier story.

Let me return to the original point I made: connectivity should not be placed above telling a good story.

Too many people in threads on /co/ say the exact same shit. "We need Shield showing up here, we need these people doing that".

It is the same reason why many comics are weak: massive splash pages, loads of character, everything being connected from street level to cosmic. Too few writers are allowed to just let loose.

A connected universe is not an excuse to get Spider-Man to meet up with the Avengers. It is first and foremost about telling a good story. And if you can tell a good story that involves a connection? Even better.
>>
>>81564429
There's nothing noticeably happening in Hell's Kitchen that would be on their radar right now. They're dealing with Inhuman shit, and Hydra. A blind guy with minor sense-based superpowers isn't priority one. Neither is an alcoholic with super strength or a black guy with impenetrable skin. Kilgrave might have been but by the time his powers would have been public knowledge he was dead. Ninjas woudn't be doing their job properly if SHIELD could catch wind of them.
>>
>>81564773
>A blind guy with minor sense-based superpowers isn't priority one.
Besides Stick and Elektra (and a few others), who actually knows he has powers?
>>
>>81564826
>Stick
>Elektra
>Night Nurse
>Foggy
>Karen
>Frank
Maybe the hand? Do they know who he is?
>>
>>81564912
>Maybe the hand? Do they know who he is?
Nabo saw his face and had his head cut off.
>>
>>81564826
He told Foggy, and I assume Karen also gets an explanation when he reveals to her that he's DD at the end of S2. Fisk appears to be putting Matt being Daredevil together, but I don't know if he assumes he has powers or that the blind thing is an act, or what. Aside from them, Stick, and Elektra I don't know. Most of his enemies would have no reason to assume he's blind and that his other senses are enhanced to make up for it.
>>
>>81563660
Is 2016 best year?
>>
>>81564718
Yeah, because Inhumans are their top priority right now, since the director and his most trusted agents all have a somewhat personal connection to them. And kinda, y'know, being partially responsible for the whole terrigen outbreak.

Gang wars and some dude beating up ninjas in Hell's Kitchen is hardly on the same scale as a global superhuman outbreak that HYDRA is trying to capitalize on.
>>
>>81565234
I would have said yes but BvS crushed all my hopes and dreams.
>>
>>81564773
>>81564735
>>81565254
I'm just going to accept these and move on because I like liking things.
>>
>>81565321
>>81565321
Well I like things too, doesn't mean I can't criticise them though.

I just feel like we need to move away from this obsession with connectivity. Otherwise you end up with: "Why didn't the Avengers stop it, why didn't x stop it, why dodn't y stop it."

Enjoy the stories.
>>
I really wish Constantine wasn't cancelled.
>>
>>81565409
I agree. I just think there should be a little more connectedness. Not everything. AoS only crosses over when a movie comes out. And even that didn't happen for GotG (makes sense) or Ant-Man. I just felt that if they could dedicate literally 30 seconds of an episode to Age of Ultron, they could have a simple line about that away team investigating a bar brawl in Hell's Kitchen. Then I can enjoy the stories AND have a quick smile at the thought of Iron Man flying around somewhere while Daisy is having a premonition.
>>
>>81563332
>Howard the Duck for ABC
It's too bad there's no Disney equivalent of Adult Swim, a Howard cartoon aimed at adults while still being set in the MCU would be great.
>>
>>81565564
It's kind of interesting to me that they haven't delved into canon animation shows yet.
>>
File: empire-of-the-dead.jpg (1MB, 1765x1365px) Image search: [Google]
empire-of-the-dead.jpg
1MB, 1765x1365px
>>81563420

There also supposed to be doing a series based on a zombie/vampire comic that George A. Romero put out through Marvel a year or two ago.
>>
>>81565621
They're apparently considering it. I've heard Kamala tossed around as one possibility.
>>
>>81563660
>>FX
>Y: The last man
Wat.
>>
>>81565797
Strange how Fox and FX get both DC and Marvel properties.
>>
It feels like disney is trying to flood the market and kill off capeshit
>>
>>81566124
Just like they did with comic books right.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.