[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit! This is really violent for Marvel Cinematic! Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6

File: Daredevil-12.jpg (65KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-12.jpg
65KB, 665x374px
Holy shit! This is really violent for Marvel Cinematic! Is this really canon with the other movies? Will Daredevil be in any Marvel films coming up?

What does /co/ think of this?
>>
>>81561667
>Will Daredevil be in any Marvel films coming up
Probably not. The heads of the Marvel film and TV divisions have issues with each other so any sort of crossover between any of the shows to the movies is unlikely.

But even if they sorted those issues out it's still unlikely. Since the Netflix series are so much more violent they don't want to include those characters in their otherwise more or less child-safe movies and have their parents think "Oh they showed up here so their show must be fine for my kid."
>>
>>81561775

Hmm. It's interesting how they mention NYC being fucked up at the end of the first Avengers though. That means whoever was writing at least at the beginning was at least kinda hoping to have some sort of crossover stuff.

Who tf could imagine Hawkeye and Black Widow existing in the same universe as that dude who impaled his own face
>>
>>81561878
They're still set in the same universe. It's just unlikely you'll ever see any of the shows' characters in a movie, or any of the bigger name movie characters in a show. Though the latter is more because of budget than because Marvel Studios refuses to allow the TV series to have them.
>>
>>81561878
>>81561667
These are most definitely in the same universe, but the characters just aren't going to move between the two.
>>
more like double dare
>>
>>81561667
>Is this really canon with the other movies?
Yes.

>Will Daredevil be in any Marvel films coming up?
No.
>>
>>81561878
>That means whoever was writing at least at the beginning was at least kinda hoping to have some sort of crossover stuff
Not really. It just means they take place in the same universe. It wouldn't make sense for them not to acknowledge the fact that NYC got blown to shit in the Avengers since Daredevil takes place in NYC. That doesn't mean they were expecting Daredevil to show up in the Avengers or shit like that.
>>
>>81562141

But why have it be in the same universe if you're not gonna cross over at all.
>>
>>81561878
Our universe had Mr. Rodgers and Pol pot. World's a big place.
>>
>>81561667
It's weird to me how it's like a PG-13 movie with almost everything but a hard R on the violence. There's a scene in the second to last episode of season 2 where I actually had to just close my eyes.
>>
>>81561667
On paper yes

In practice no because the suits are petty.
>>
>>81561667
No it is not canon. Fiege has stated many times if DD were to show up in the movie that he would be recasted. He HATES DD.
>>
>>81562188
Because they can do crossovers with Agents of SHIELD and the entire point of Agents of SHIELD is that it takes place in the MCU, also because why not? The problem with having Netflix or AoS characters show up in the movies is that:
>TV and Movies have extremely different schedules such that it would be impossible to line them up (for example, Civil War was being written before Daredevil S1 even came out, so it'd be impossible for them to work in DD S2 stuff to be referenced in CW when CW is done filming before DD S2 has even started; similar issue with AoS where AoS was just starting season 2 when CW was getting written and AoS S3 will be almost over by the time Civil War comes out)
>Marvel Television is under Loeb's control while Marvel Studios is under Feige's, so they would have to work together to get all that shit ironed out

Basically, TV and Movie scheduling is so different that its feasible for movie stuff to appear in the shows but not for the show stuff to appear in the movies.

It's in Cox's contract that if Marvel Studios wants to use Daredevil in a movie that he'd be contractually obligated to play the part, but because of the drastically different schedules surrounding it, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

And there is crossover. Kingpin's entire plan hinged on abusing the fact that NYC got blown to shit by the chitauri. Jessica Jones had to deal with a couple trying to kill her because of their hatred for superheroes thanks to the Avengers' actions and the inhumans in AoS. They use the fact that its a shared universe to the benefit of the show. Just not "Daredevil is an Avenger now yay!" style crossover because that'd be retarded.
>>
>>81562766
>citation needed
>>
>>81561667
I honestly thought Mat killed that slaver in the first episode. He was just whaling on that guy despite knowing he was already knocked out.
>>
>>81562880
Speaking of which, did Matt get less violent over time? Maybe it's just because the level of violence shocked me more early on but it seems like he stopped really brutalizing people like he used to.
>>
Think of Cap, Iron Man, Hulk and company as more of a big picture crew, and DD, JJ, and The Punisher as the smaller more intimate problem solvers.
>>
Yes it's the same universe, hence all the Avengers references.

Every thread people make different accusations regarding conflicts between Marvel TV and Marvel studios. The only official statements are that Marvel TV and Marvel studios are run by different people and coordinating everything is hard. Primarily in terms of scheduling. To have Daredevil show up in a film means planning storylines to both productions years in advance.

He will crossover with the other 3 Netflix marvel heroes in the Defenders, however.

As for /co/'s thoughts, the show has been pretty much universally praised here and most other places.
>>
>>81561775
>Since the Netflix series are so much more violent they don't want to include those characters in their otherwise more or less child-safe movies and have their parents think "Oh they showed up here so their show must be fine for my kid."

W- well, that still means the movie characters can show up in Netflix, r- right?
>>
>>81561667
It's backseat canon. It exists to serve the MCU, not the other way around. Same as Shield.
>>
>>81563782
Other than Spider-man, yes they can. But the TV shows are made on extremely small budgets so it's unlikely that any of the notable . The Netflix shows are made by the same people that make AoS, and AoS has had a handful of movie characters appear (Nick Fury, Lady Sif, Agent Sitwell, Dr. List, President Ellis, hell one of the main antagonists of this season is Gideon Malick who first appeared in The Avengers), but it's all minor side characters who don't mind appearing there.

Someone like Renner would never be caught dead doing television.
>>
>>81562696

Oooh with the sticks getting shoved under the nails right? That shit was pretty graphic but it's always the neck wounds that get to me.
>>
>>81564235
Renner said he'd be down for a Netflix show a few weeks back, actually.
>>
>>81564235

And that is the problem. Niggas can't be fucked to do a cameo.
>>
>>81564253
Huh, I just remembered. Didn't Ward also do the "sticks shoved under nails" torture trick on Mockingbird in season 2 of AoS?
>>
>>81561667
Yes, it's canon, although don't expect the movies to reference the events of the show.

Because Marvel Television stayed with Marvel Entertainment while Marvel Studios broke off to answer directly to Disney, Marvel Studios and Marvel Television don't know as much about what the other is doing as they used to.

Now, rumor has it that we might see the TV heroes (DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, the Agents of SHIELD, etc.) cameo in Infinity War (likely fighting off Thanos's troops on Earth while the movie heroes take the fight to the Mad Titan himself in space). However, it's otherwise pretty much a one-way relationship with the movies and TV shows (the TV shows reference the movies, but not the other way around).
>>
>>81562188
That used to be how comic books worked. Shit, Daredevil was never ONCE in the same place as the Avengers until the 00's because his focus was entirely different.
>>
>>81564769
Maybe he was but he couldn't see them to know for sure.
>>
>>81564433
>Didn't Ward also do the "sticks shoved under nails" torture trick on Mockingbird in season 2 of AoS?
Yep. I thought of that in the scene in Daredevil, and it reminded me how much more intense the violence has gotten in that show from the beginning, where it felt like kids could watch it. Nowadays, Ward is using Inhuman powers to vaporize people's flesh and leave them as bloody skeletons.
>>
Daredevil's tone is so different from the MCU, I often have to remind myself that it's part of it. When Foggy said "You could call me Captain America, but that doesn't put wings on my head", I spent a second wondering how they got the rights to mention him. And then I remembered.

Still, I like the fact that shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones show that being a hero isn't all fun and games. Makes the Avengers look like the pros in comparison to the freelancers and hobbyists of Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>81564863
Nope. Originally comics crossed over far less before it was require for the company to make an actual profit.
And also before literally every Marvel hero became a fucking Avenger.
>>
>>81564971
do you have to remind yourself that the quirky adventures of Kamala take place in the same universe where Jessica Jones got mind raped? I don't get you guys, it's the same thing as the comics
>>
>>81564971
Not all of them have billionaire philanthropist friends paying for shit yo!
>>
>>81564636
>likely fighting off Thanos's troops on Earth while the movie heroes take the fight to the Mad Titan himself in space

>Daredevil backflipping and kicking Thanos' servants in the streets of Manhattan

>my dick when

Someone call Wolverine and tell him his claws aren't the hardest thing in the world anymore.
>>
>>81564971
You don't need right to make a (pop culture) reference. Do you know how many hands that would tie?
>>
Hey a Daredevil thread! I have questions.

Okay so what the fuck exactly is Black Sky? What does it mean for Elektra? And if it's Elektra, who the fuck was the kid Stick killed in Season 1?

Am I just missing something?
>>
>>81561667
>Is this really canon with the other movies?

Actor Alfre Woodard will be in both Captain America: Civil War and Netflix's upcoming Luke Cage.
>>
>>81564863
Heh.
>>
>>81561878
>implying DD and Widow aren't gonna fug in season 4
a boy can dream
>>
>>81565336
Yeah, apparently as two separate characters.

>Hello, long lost identical twin!
>>
>>81565051
People who have to remind themselves about the shared universe thing don't really read comics.
>>
>>81565051
>do you have to remind yourself that the quirky adventures of Kamala take place in the same universe where Jessica Jones got fucked in the ass?
FTFY
>>
>>81565322
It's mostly made up for the show, but the implications is that the Black Sky is a mystical super-soldier program, explaining why Elektra was such a highly proficient fighter and a hardened killer even when she was in her early teens.
It's also a reference to the Frank Miller revamp of DD's origins where Elektra seems crazy as fuck and barely in control of herself, explained poorly away as something to do with The Hand even though in comics taking place later in the timeline Miller wrote she was significantly less deranged.
They synch it up more here by saying that she wasn't psychotic but was driven by her bloodthirsty urges as some kind of horrifically magically modified child soldier.

I think they were TRYING to turn the other kids they had into them (just like the Black Sky child in S1 in the crate that Stick killed), but DD and the Ninja Crew stopped it.
>>
>>81565459
Sometimes it's nice to not have crossovers shoved in your fucking face constantly.
>>
My sincerest wish is that they make a Spider-Man film where DD and Spidey take on Kingpin.

Would be the best possible crossover between the shows and movies.
>>
>>81565505
I'm not sure how that relates to my comment.
>>
File: downgrade.png (213KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
downgrade.png
213KB, 512x256px
>>81565568
>Spidey Movie Crossover
>No Punisher
Come on man.
>>
>>81565568
I'm still not clear on exactly how Spidey is going to work in MCU.
I've actually always felt his classic storylines were much more effective in episodic shit then films, because in films it lacks much buildup.
>>
>>81564769
Not true. He had lunch with Captain America and was all like "Join the Avengers? ARE YOU INSANE? Anyone who gets into bed with me will get sucked under a bus"
>>
The way I see it is that they are set in the same univers but why extend them with movies? Honestly, I feel like they have more open doors to more gruesome with Netflix. If we add them to movies I feel like the dark side of them will just disappear. I'm super excited for the defenders! But if they where ever to be in a movie, I brief cameo would be acceptable. That's what I think
>>
So what was that big hole about?

Was it just there to represent the plot?
>>
File: Citation Needed.jpg (14KB, 156x166px) Image search: [Google]
Citation Needed.jpg
14KB, 156x166px
>>81562766
>>
>>81566136
Sink hole the mayo
>>
>>81561667
>Darefaggot gaves shit to Frank for killing enemies
>The most beloved Earth Superheroes kill hundreds of criminals every week
>No one mentions the Avengers at all during everytime they discussed the philosophy behind vigilantes and killing villains
>Karen never mentions the avengers to prove her point against Matt
>They never talk about the Avengers in the trial

Lame as fuck. Whats the point of a shared universe if everything ignores the rest of the media. Even movies ignore other movies.
>>
>>81566136
Yeah, that threw me off too.
Felt like a dropped plot point.
>>
>>81566258
Right! That's why it's named that, because sinkholes happen in the summertime.
>>
>>81561775
Based on how high he has been pushed since the disney takeover Marvel may put Jeph Loeb in charge of movies when Feigh's contract expires
>>
Why did Matt go to prison to meet with Fisk if he already knew that he orchestrated the escape? If he was right that Fisk controlled the prison, he'd have no way of making him talk anyway. He just made himself a bigger target than he already was when Fisk is released.
>>
File: BNJUpxjCAAIGa6c.jpg (35KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
BNJUpxjCAAIGa6c.jpg
35KB, 500x332px
>>81566521
>>
>>81566647
Especially since I'm 90% certain that Fisk figured out he was Daredevil after that conversation and Matt punched him.
>>
Dogs of Hell first showed up on Agents of SHIELD.

Just lettin' y'all know.
>>
File: eat 30 dicks.jpg (27KB, 509x450px) Image search: [Google]
eat 30 dicks.jpg
27KB, 509x450px
>>
>>81566678
Kill yourself
>>
Part of me wishes to shut up the people who keep going 'why doesnt mcu stuff show up?' that every time theres a fight or stressful situation in one of these shows thor just shows up and solves the problem.
"oh no ninja...oh hey its thor" and thor sprays lightning out of his uru cock at the ninjas and flies off and the season just ends cos the problems over.

"Oh fuck purple rapeman is back in....nope thors here"
then thor just mashes purple mans head and cock for a few seconds and flies off and the season ends with episode 3.

Then just a series of agents of shield episodes hwere thor flies down, beats the evil organization and flies off thus ending each season a few episodes in.

Cos that'd be far more interesting.
>>
>>81566729
I will. During the summer time.
>>
>>81566447
Beyond Cap killing some of Loki's men in the first film, have their been explicit killings in the Avengers films? It's been a while since I watched AOU.

Nontheless, the Avengers don't deal with street level threats like DD and Punisher do. Also it's fairly clear that Daredevil is trying to talk Frank down on the rooftop rather than judge him for the sake of it.
>>
>>81566806
Someone speaks the truth.
I don't want fucken hulk coming in and fucking shit up. To easy to solve the problem
>>
>>81566806
I'm pretty sure it would be terrible for everyone if Thor got brainwashed by Killgrave.
>>
>>81566912
Thank you! Avengers are saving the WORLD! They don't have time to save the streets of NYC. That's they I see it. Avengers=world and the defenders=streets of nyc
>>
>>81566892
I'm kidding. Find a reason to live, hang in there.
>>
>>81566447
>The most beloved Earth Superheroes kill hundreds of criminals every week
They kill a couple of people in world-threatening situations every couple years, what are you talking about? Thor probably kills people, but it's legal for him when he's fighting a war on Asgard's behalf.
>>
>>81566806
Read one punch man
>>
>>81566690
>season 3 is an adaptation of Born Again
Hyped
>>
The only reason why they don't mention the avengers is because hells kitchen is going through so much, the avengers fucked up NYC already. I mean, they speak of stark and cap but hells kitchen has more stuff to worry about other than other super hero's saving the world
>>
So is punisher getting his own series? Or is he going to be in season 3?
>>
my instinct was that Kingpin would demolish Punisher in hand to hand combat
But I don't know about Punisher's comics all that much (I've read more 2099 than present day Punisher)
How's Frank in hand-to-hand?
>>
>>81567252
It's one of the few manga I really enjoy is a great bit of satire. But having that kinda shit in something that doesn't kinda make fun of the genre while celebrating it would not be so great.
>>
>>81565462
>Jessica Jones got fucked in the ass
Did she really?
>>
>>81567426
There actually are a few moments of avengers references. They're slight and for the most part reference a particular avenger or 'the incident'.
>>
They've said the AoS aren't canon with the movies, and I'm fine with that. Haven't said either way about the Netflix series.

I kinda think he'd show up in Infinity War, just to get killed by Thanos.
>>
>>81566136
A lot of the stuff with the Hand really felt like it was only there as set up for future seasons. That was the biggest problem I had with it. They fuck off from the great Frank storyline for a while, to bring in ninja shit that's fine on its own, but boring in comparison to what we'd been seeing before, that really only culminates in Elektra "dying" and setting up her obvious return and that the Hand is up to something.
>>
>>81567426
The entire premise of the series is that Hell's Kitchen got heavily damaged during the Battle of New York, and the Kingpin is running a huge embezzlement racket during the reconstruction.
>>
>>81567842
AoS is cannon with the movies
>>
>>81562766
Perlmutter handles the TV shit, & Fiege hates Perlmutter that passionately to fuck over his work.
>>
>>81567580
Which is the point I'm making. A show featuring the avengers would be anticlimactic to the extreme unless the conflict was of such massive scope that would dwarf any other character.
>>
>>81567842
Whedon said that since the Avengers don't know Coulson is alive, he didn't really consider how it would fit with Agents of SHIELD when writing Age of Ultron. Not that it isn't canon.

He also said this after he was no longer in a position that gave him the authority to declare something non-canon.
>>
>>81568052
Well yeah. Thats why i mentioned all those situations where thor pops in and solves everything. It'd render the show meaningless.
>>
>>81565006
Way to miss a joke, autist
>>
>>81566447
The Avengers aren't vigilantes here, they're basically all superpowered soldiers.
>>
>>81565388
>MAPONE
>>
>>81566136
>>81566453
Read comics
>>
>>81561667
>doesn't kill

Too much of a pussy to fight alongside the Avengers.

Even Ant-Man kills.

And he's the nicest guy.
>>
File: 1457191754156.jpg (107KB, 1247x422px) Image search: [Google]
1457191754156.jpg
107KB, 1247x422px
>>81565390

How does that even happen? Even with stuff being on different schedules they would have known she was in one or the other.
>>
>>81566453

>Dropped plot point
>In a show that's still in production

Has instant streaming really made people so stupid and impatient?
>>
>>81574752
Bad storytelling is not the viewer's fault. The hole and that weird blood coffin thing got too much build up for no payoff until maybe next year.
>>
>>81565778
I feel the same way, but I'm not sure I want to imagine how garbo a Spidey Netflix show would look.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.