[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So, you're suppose to be us, from other worlds? >I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Mirage_turtles.jpg (17KB, 409x223px) Image search: [Google]
Mirage_turtles.jpg
17KB, 409x223px
>So, you're suppose to be us, from other worlds?
>I don't see it.
>>
I've been re-watching 03 turtles and holy fuck dose that show drop the ball hard come season 5. What the fuck happened? They had a good thing going.
>>
>>81512834
I blame 4kids
>>
>>81512944
If I remember right, Playmates had almost everything to do with the shit that happened after season 4, and by extension Laird. He was always sucking playmates' dick.
>>
>>81513949
Whats playmates?
>>
>>81514376
The toy company that makes the TMNT action figures. They had a big say in what happened with the series at the time.
>>
>>81513949
>Laird
Who? All I remember is Eastman.
>>
>>81512834
Classic case of not knowing when to let something die and running it into the ground
>>
>>81510314
I will never understand why they use the one turtle universe were they flat out murdered shredder.
>>
>>81514498
All franchised cartoons of that era were like that. Transformers? Yu gi oh? Pokemon? All to sell merch.
>>
>>81515827
That era?

You mean all cartoons since the 80s until forever
>>
>>81516502
Yeah it's pretty hard to deny that Merchendising is still a great factor.

That's why most episodes of the Nick cartoon are dedicated to some bullshit that never comes back.
>>
>>81512834
4Kids (or more accurately Playmates) wanted to skip to Fast Forward, which was already on the roster to be season 6, but skipping to it to have it ready ASAP (it ended up premiering three months after season 4) meant rushing it. So it got an incredibly simplified animation style, poorly fleshed-out characters and villains, and basically fuck-all happened for the first half because they went in without a clear plot in mind.

At the same time, season 4 was left on an unresolved cliffhanger and there was no intention from 4Kids or Playmates to pick up on that cliffhanger. So Peter Laird had to fund season 5 entirely out of pocket, which is why the animation is way more limited during the Ninja Tribunal arc than any other season. Then it didn't air until two years after the end of season 4, when 4Kids needed a buffer between seasons after the decision was made to terminate the second Fast Forward season.

(1/2)
>>
File: 3460836949_f9bb20781c.jpg (172KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
3460836949_f9bb20781c.jpg
172KB, 336x500px
>>81518254
Back to the Sewers was the end result of a lot of in-fighting between Mirage, 4Kids, and Playmates about where to take the series post-FF. There were actually three potential Season 7s (besides the canceled FF season 2) that were proposed.

Playmates wanted to do a season that would harken much closer to the 80's cartoon and start introducing a fuckton of wacky mutant characters (which had been surprisingly absent from the 2003 series since Laird hated the idea of mutants besides the turtles and Leatherhead).

4Kids wanted to, what else, turn TMNT into a card game series, though I haven't seen or heard anything about this pitch beyond an idea they proposed.

Then there was an idea (I think both Playmates and 4Kids were onboard) to make a season where the turtles go back to the present, but somehow accidentally bring their toddler counterparts along. That idea seemed to make it the furthest since there's actual concept art of it.

But ultimately, mostly because Mirage and Laird hated all three of those pitches, they just decided to bring the turtles back to the present, incorporate ideas from both the unmade FF Season 2 and the 2007 film, and throw in a cybernetic gimmick for toys that were never made (the only BTTS toys that WERE made were based on the extreme sports gear they wear in the Mayhem on Mutant Island episode).

I honestly don't think any of those other ideas would have helped the series live longer. Laird would likely have still gone through with the Viacom deal and the series would have still been canceled.

(2/2)
>>
>>81515714
Because it is the source of all TMNT
>>
>>81510314
>what's with the multi-colored headbands?
>>
>>81518254
I was pretty much done with it once it got to the ninja tribunal arc. It looked liked crap and the turtles getting super powers just made it boring.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.