[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been reading superman since I was a kid >loved MoS >got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 13

File: images-9.jpg (17KB, 557x264px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
17KB, 557x264px
>been reading superman since I was a kid
>loved MoS
>got so hyped for a sequel
>batman will be in it
>might be cool
>turns out half of its an ad for JL
>probably won't ever get a sequel with based Cavill because of BvS and how shit it was

Fuck BvS seriously
>>
>>81495241
>>loved MoS
you got what you deserved
>>
>>81495241
>the BvS is bad meme
>>
>>81495241

iirc mos 2 is supposed to still happen, just not until after justice league 1 i think
>>
>>81497130
>The BvS is good meme
>>
>>81497272
"Indefinite hiatus" was the term they used. RIP
>>
>>81498344

well fuck me, that's a damn shame, considering cavill is imo the best superman to date.
>>
>>81497130
>>81498294
It was okay. The bits that weren't forced in to set up Justice League were alright. Age of Ultron had the same problems. The main problems were A) turning a Batman comic into a Superman sequel, and B) DC trying to catch up to Marvel and making bad choices because of it. Know why Iron Man is regarded as the best MCU film by a lot of people (I disagree, I think CA:tWS was better)? It's because they only added the Avengers bit at the end, it didn't fuck up the plot.
>>
>>81496464
/thread
>>
File: 1438824635485.png (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438824635485.png
24KB, 500x500px
>>81495241
>turns out half of its an ad for JL
This is my main complain about BvS
If every dream sequence and everything about Wonder Woman and Doomsday were replaced with some more Superman/Batman/Luthor development, then this might have been a better movie overall
>>
>>81496464
Fuck you cunt I'm allowed to like what I want

Stop being such a jaded faggot that needs to put others down for liking this movie and start fucking acting like the character you supposedly care about

Hell my mum is a huge donner fag and even she loved it
>>
>>81495241
This. While I still love MoS, I wish I had never defended it or Snyder for the shit he has pumped out with BvS
>>
>>81502229
I have no problem defending MoS but man Snyder fucked up with BvS

Batman wonder woman and all the dumb jl shit were his idea too

How did he go from the great visuals of MoS to BvS

Is it also possible fucking Goyer and Nolan wrote a better script than Terrio??
>>
>>81502372
To be fair the visuals in BvS were still great, and who know's if it was Terrio's script or just Zack, Terrio is an Oscar winner and all but how far does that really take him?
>>
>>81502548
Not far especially if he is doing rewrites and hasn't written in the genre before
>>
>>81502548
I also thought the visuals in this were ok but very underwhelming compared to man of steel scenes

Like any smallville scene or krypton, nothing in BvS really sticks out to me
>>
>>81498294
>The BvS is a meme meme
>>
>>81495241
you got it wrong man...man of steel was the wrong movie for snyder, BvS was just so right for him, BvS a solid 9 for me.
>>
>>81504365
That could be true. Maybe him penning the whole script for JL will be good for it. Maybe the only good parts of BvS came out of Terrio's rewrites.
>>
Look at the way everyone else crumbles and Henry just smoothly handles his way out of the question. If only that charisma was translated to his performance as Superman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATp3uig49E
>>
File: itsme.jpg (162KB, 535x453px) Image search: [Google]
itsme.jpg
162KB, 535x453px
>>81495241
We all capable to reach Superman power.
What he can.
Fire eyes.
With our eyes we can hat to people.
Flying.
With somekind of meditation or some green we can fly to the infinity or to the Sun alsi egyenlő.
Hard as a Rock power.
We get rock harding if we have a stabil indestructible body or mind or spirit.

Good luck to reach me guys.

Anyway Superman = Mihály arkanygal
>>
File: 1444193325529.jpg (33KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444193325529.jpg
33KB, 453x640px
I liked Man of Steel and BvS
>>
File: tumblr_static_ezgif-save__1_.gif (472KB, 149x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_ezgif-save__1_.gif
472KB, 149x197px
Holy Mother of God...
GUYS Antje Traue (Faora) did another nude sex scene!!!
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5747726/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5762394/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel_02.html

Here is her previous scenes...
http://watchscenes.com/antje-traue-nude-scene-in-weinberg/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPgp368Gk
>>
>>81495241
When even the people who "loved MoS" have turned against DC, you know something has gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>81505562
Evolution always wins.
>>
>>81505403
It's okay, just pretend to hate them and you can still fit in.
>>
>I loved MoS but I hate BvS
I really will never get this because all the same things people complained about in MoS are just doubled for BvS.
People said the Jesus imagery in MoS was crap, you guys said it wasn't so bad. It was symbolism. It had depth. So Snyder doubled down on it and now it's bad?
People said the story jumped from place to place and the flashback structure ruined its pacing. You guys said it was inventive and it was epic and enthralling. So Snyder doubled down on it.
People said they didn't like the fact that the tone was dour. You called them all goat fuckers. So Snyder doubled down.
People said that Superman didn't seemed cold and distant. You guys said "It's fiiiiine it's his first day wait for next movie!" Snyder double down.
People thought Jonathan sucked. You said he was great and we jus didn't get it. So who gets to come back for a ghost dad speech?

Snyder took every single complaint directed at this movie that you defended, and did it two to three times as much. Then, to top it off, he turned the villains into strawmen of his critics. This is EXACTLY the movie you guys were defending for three years and insisting was a great epic cinematic masterpiece rife with intelligent themes and narrative depth. Why are you complaining? This was the movie you demanded.
>>
>>81501251
No its shit
>>
>>81505562
I want to squeeze her boob ;_;
>>
>>81506045

MoS had plenty of stupid shit in it, but there were little moments of humanity and grace that I really enjoyed.

>the world is big, mom
>then make it small

>can I just keep pretending I'm your son?
>you *are* my son

>Superman's first flight

>Clark's conversation with Martha on their farm porch

>Lois/Clark moments

BvS had none of that, instead it was replaced with DO YOU BLEED and piss bottles. There was zero humanity in this movie outside of the part where Clark bangs Lois in the tub, which not coincidentally was my favorite scene in the movie.
>>
>>81506709
I really did not understand the point of the piss jar. Like, I understand why it was there, but I don't really grasp the whole reason for the joke in the first place.
>>
>>81506742
It's supposed to be outrageous. You're supposed to go "fucking really, Lex?". That's the purpose of it.
>>
>>81506045
No, I'm a huge MOS defender and I didn't defend it jumping around, I do not agree it jumped around at all I thought the flow was fantastic.

And the symbolism was in only 2 tiny moments in MOS, the church scene and the cross pose in space. That's less then 2 minutes out of a 140 minute movie. That isn't jack shit.

>Snyder took every single complaint directed at this movie that you defended, and did it two to three times as much.
Not the destruction. Not Clark being reckless (he almost immediately took DD into space)
>>
>>81506742

Just trolling Holly Hunter.
>>
>>81495241
I know how you feel. I actually liked man of steel and don't really get the hate towards it. I liked it better than most MCU movies, except the better ones like Winter Soldier and Iron Man 1. Going into Batman V Superman, I ended up hating Superman. Holy shit he's such a emo cunt in this. I actually hoped Batman would kill him and his annoying slut in the end and it would have been just him and wonder woman fighting off Doomsday. I don't know how Snyder managed to fuck up Superman so badly. I thought his take on Superman could actually lead somewhere interesting, but nope, he was just a violent hypocrite who is only Superman in name.
>>
>>81506709
While you're entitled to your opinion, I specifically remember complaining that Man of Steel portrayed Clark as a sullen loner that was unable to connect to humanity in any meaningful way, that they focused on his alien heritage to the exclusion of anything else, and that characterization didn't bode well for future events.

I was told that I didn't even watch the movie and that Clark acting that way was realistic because aliens would make humanity shit their pants and that Snyder was doing things different and I just wanted a silver age campy barneyfest where Clark saved everyone like a mary sue without ever struggling and spent the majority of the movie pulling kittens out of trees.

So I'm not at all surprised at where we are. it's a continuation of the last movie. Clark is STILL a sullen loner that's unable to connect to humanity in any meaningful way, and they still emphasize his alien nature for a good 90% of the movie up until that "This is my world" stuff at the very end.

It was REALLY obvious that this movie was where Snyder was going to take things given everything he's said in defense of MoS. Why anyone is surprised at all is absolutely beyond me.
>>
>>81506742
She said "you can give me a jar full of piss and labeled it tea, but I'm still not gonna drink it" hence getting across that she doesn't trust lex.
Him leaving the jar is him saying to her you where right not to trust me.
>>
>>81506861
I say this as someone who loves both movies. (Mos more so)
Clark was suppose to grow and come out of his shell after trusting in Lois and being her lover for 18 months.
Character DEVELOPMENT, but such didn't get shown because we see Clark in a sulk for different reasons then before because the Public is starting to distrust him again.
>>
>>81506815
>I didn't defend it jumping around, I do not agree it jumped around at all I thought the flow was fantastic.
You didn't defend it, but you're defending it now.

>>81506815
>And the symbolism was in only 2 tiny moments in MOS, the church scene and the cross pose in space. That's less then 2 minutes out of a 140 minute movie. That isn't jack shit.
Yeah like I said, you guys went "It wasn't that bad". Of course, even Clark's age in this was a Jesus reference which is why he couldn't be "year one" Superman in his twenties, which would've made a lot of things fare more palatable, but you guys always ignored the age thing. Just like you ignored the literal "movie was direct marketed to church's complete with a "'Jesus the original superhero' sermon.

>>81506815
>Not the destruction.
Well, yes and no. We get to see the metropolis destruction, again. Batman is guilty of manslaughter as confirmed by the director himself. Superman's no kill code is really suspect because we're supposed to believe that in this more "realistic and grounded" universe someone can survive being knocked through a few walls, and as people are saying in threads, Clark is still pretty reckless, like when he decides to stop Batman in order to have a dick waving contest, but not the guys Batman was chasing.

So yeah. You're a huge MoS fan and you're doing it again. And that's okay. I'm fully aware what the interim until Justice League is going to be like and we get to do this all over again for the third time.
>>
>>81495241
Why do people like Cavill for Superman? He's only got the look, dude can't emote for shit in MoS.
>>
>>81506940
He gets almost no time outside of that sulking. To movie was all about the hero's fall, but his rise was off camera and literally time skipped over. I can't buy it as character development when so much of it is done off camera and just implied and promised to happen but never actually does.

Not to mention, and I know this is a question that causes people to flip out and scream kino memes at me, why can't he just START OUT with people skills? BvS would've been a much better movie it if had the context of a more upbeat Clark in the first one rather than him going from sullen to sullen again but for different reasons. You gotta have peaks AND valleys in a character. Snyder's Superman is almost entirely valleys.
>>
>>81495241
This Superman doesn't care of the rest of human being. Just Lois and Martha.
Why do you care of him in return?
>>
>>81498432
I like Cavill the person, liked him in that movie about Greek Mythology and Man from Uncle, but he is no Reeves or Reeve.
>>
>>81506995
>You didn't defend it, but you're defending it now
I can't defend what I don't agree exist within the film.

Using Jesus stuff is not a filmmaking or storytelling flaw in any way shape or form your atheist ass being offended will never ever make it such.

>We get to see the metropolis destruction, again.
People didn't complain about the destruction taking place, they complained that it was not adressed or touched upon afterwards.
Showing it again did so and sets up the rest of the film in part.

>You're a huge MoS fan and you're doing it again.
No I'm not I am not defending actual tangible flaws with the film's I defending aspects you personally don't enjoy but are perfect fine being in the film regardless.
>>
>>81507154

This version of Superman makes a million times more sense when your hear that Wacky Zack in an Objectivist.

Both movies have a streak of that "Oh the burden of being great, oh you common man just lap up whatever I deign to give you, I don't owe the world anything because I'm so fucking awesome and godlike fuck yeah" horseshit in it.
>>
>>81507080
You misunderstand, I AGREE it was off screen and it shouldn't have been, I agree this was a flaw with BVS.
I don't agree Mos should have been lighter, but I think the first half of BVS prior to the senate bombing should gave given us happy scenes with Clark.
>>
>>81507154
>Doesn't care about human race...
Yes... that is why he saved the entire human race twice in MOS and sacrificed himself twice in BVS (knowing full well both times could kill him, first the nuke then the spear)
>>
>>81507200
Denial is defense. I can't believe you're arguing otherwise. Or actually I guess I can.
>>
>>81507298
>>81507226
Zack is a fans of Ayn Rand. You guys should know better.

Because Lois and Martha lived among it. He knows in the end of the days the threat will get to them both.
But it is been shown multiple times, he just doesn't care of the rest. He doesn't care about the impact, implication and senate hearing after his involvement in Africa.
Saving mere human seems a burden to him, not a moral things to do.
>>
>>81506861
>Man of Steel portrayed Clark as a sullen loner that was unable to connect to humanity in any meaningful way
just like in the new 52 run, look at that, verbatim
>>
>>81505403
u are a man of taste. kudos man.
i didnt care for man of s, but i love bvs solid 9
>>
>>81507534
>It happened in comics therefore it's a great idea.
I didn't like it there either and I didn't think it worked there either. I think if you're going to do that, you have to contextualize it rather than starting out there.

And I hate this defense. Every time it comes up it makes me wonder why we don't just have Electric Blue Superman instead.
>>
>>81507534
did you actually read any of that shit you dumbass
>>
>>81507679
using pejoratives so soon cockgobler? fuck off and let the big boys talk
>>
>based Cavill

Bruce and Diana smiled more in BvS than Clark did and he's supposed to be Superman.
>>
>>81507785
You made a claim that was blatantly false. If you've read any of the stuff on Nu52 Supes--even any of the storytime threads that are on /co/ RIGHT NOW--you'd know that. So I called you a dumbass, because you are.
>>
>>81498294
There is literally no 'BvS is good meme' since critics shit on it so much.
>>
File: YIKES.png (210KB, 444x495px) Image search: [Google]
YIKES.png
210KB, 444x495px
>>81498432
>a man who does nothing but brood in two movies is the best Supes to date
Fucking wow. I like Cavill, I think he was a great choice.

But Snyder effectively killed any shot at Cavill turning in a good performance, much less being the best Supes ever.
>>
>Dawn of Justice
>Clark and Diana never say a single word to each other
>>
>>81507980

Not quite true.

>It's from our world
>I've killed things from other world's before

Some shit like that.
>>
Okay, I'll say it, Gal Gadot sucks as Wonder Woman. Come at me.
>>
>>81508116
why? u are wise as hell. and a man of taste. in my mind ww is beckinsale oh yeahh
>>
>>81506045
OP here loved supes in BvS but the movie was still shit

I was fine with man of steels pacing, it only focused on one character
>>
>>81507809
I don't give a shit about how much superman smiles as long as he saves people, punches bad guys and puts on glasses
>>
>>81505562
Superman never gonna taste that fine Kryptonian booty.
>>
File: superman romantic flight.jpg (34KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
superman romantic flight.jpg
34KB, 1280x532px
The hamhanded characters in BvS just makes you respect the donner movies even more.

>Zod was set up in Superman 1 even though he didn't even know there'd be a sequel yet.

I'm sure there'll be some idiots along to tell me donner sucks and these movies are "gay" but you know you're wrong.
>>
>>81506045
>he turned the villains into strawmen of his critics
Well not really. He turned Lex into the "cynical audience that can't appreciate Superman" insert, it's Batman that he made into his critics. And wouldn't you know it, by the end Batman gets proven to be an asshole by the Man of Steel.
Doomsday is the MCU?
>>
>>81507226
>"Oh the burden of being great, oh you common man just lap up whatever I deign to give you, I don't owe the world anything because I'm so fucking awesome and godlike fuck yeah"
Also the common man will literally kill you for being great out of sheer jealousy. Or I guess they'll post bad reviews of your movies online.
>>
>>81508393
She was way too skinny and, at least in my mind, couldn't pull off the "badass" aspect of Wonder Woman. Kate Beckinsale might've been a good choice - she pulled off badass in "Van Helsing" - as bad a movie as it was, and has a decent enough body.
>>
>>81508652
>And wouldn't you know it, by the end Batman gets proven to be an asshole by the Man of Steel.
Except he was literally right. He gets a future vision that shows that Superman is one dead Lois away from going full Injustice. That's a good thing to be scared of.
>>
>>81508652
He turned Lex Luthor into a skinny Heath -joker
>>
File: superreee.jpg (48KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
superreee.jpg
48KB, 1280x532px
>>81508799
>He gets a future vision that shows that Superman is one dead Lois away from going full Injustice.

superman would simply fly around the world until time went backwards.
>>
>>81508799
I mean proven wrong in thinking this Superman wasn't good.
But right, "him" and "the key" and boomtubes. Fucking kino, I just don't get it I guess.
>>
>>81508719
as i said, a man of taste.
>>
>>81508630
>>Zod was set up in Superman 1 even though he didn't even know there'd be a sequel yet.

?

Donner went in knowing there would be two movies, hell, the ending of Superman was actually literally just the already pre-written ending of Superman 2 because they couldn't think of a good ending for the first film and thought they'd come up with a new one for the second by the time they got back to that point.

But then Donner got dropped because the original Superman franchise was a money laundering operation and the producers didn't want him making the films the way he was.
>>
>>81508821
Well yeah, cynical 20-somethings favorite cape character!
>>
>>81508913
Can't have a man actually making good films
>>
>>81508974
Completely correct.

Straight up, Donner was putting more effort than they wanted him to and therefore required an actual budget to make the movie on, which made it harder for the producers to pull money from thin air.
>>
>>81507457
>Superman is shown to save people throughout the movie constantly
>is shown to not do it out of admiration, but because he honestly believes its the right thing to do
Oh fucking please; if this Superman was an Ayn bot, he would be going around spouting shit like "generosity is greed" etc
>>
>>81509361
>if this Superman was an Ayn bot, he would be going around spouting shit like "generosity is greed"
>the whole Pa Kent character discouraging him of heroics
>you don't owe them anything Clark
So what, his parents are Randian but Clark isn't because... Jor-El?
>>
>>81502198
>I'm allowed to like what I want
>you're not allowed to like what you want

lol
BvS was amazingly good.
>>
>>81509400
Oh the Clarks are definitely Randian, which is a whole other discussion, But yes, I would say that Clark is not because of the influence of Jor "they could be a great people" El
>>
>>81495241
>>been reading superman since I was a kid
>>loved MoS
These two things are not compatible.
>>
>>81508913
Oh. That's why the Donner's cut of Superman 2 ends up in the same fucking way as Superman 1.

I was really annoyed when watching it. It seemed lazy to me in the first one, and now you are doing the same thing again?
>>
>there is no hope in this world

Your face when
>>
File: 1.jpg (11KB, 181x281px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11KB, 181x281px
>>81495241
>dude I hate bvs
>liked mos
>>
>>81507226
>This version of Superman makes a million times more sense when your hear that Wacky Zack in an Objectivist.
This.
>>
File: 1459749186725.jpg (137KB, 800x645px) Image search: [Google]
1459749186725.jpg
137KB, 800x645px
>>81495241
>>been reading superman since I was a kid
>>loved MoS
No.
>>
>>81507534
>New 52

Isn't that shit being thrown out the window again? Shows how well it was received.
>>
>>81506709
Too bad all of thoses moments are ruined by YOU SHOULD LET PEOPLE DIE CLARK and STOP INVINCIBLE SON
>>
>>81509459
I never said your not allowed to like BvS

I haven't called anyone in the thread a faggot for liking it
>>
>>81506868
That scene was stupid and fucked up:

It was stupid because A JAR FULL OF PISS in such an enclosed space like that would be smelling so bad people should have been able to pick up the smell from across the room.

And it was fucked up because a scene where any country's congress is being blown up in a terrorist attack, should never include a JAR OF PISS in its imagery. Never ever.

I thought americans would be pretty angry at Snyder.
>>
Is anyone else more of a fan of MoS after BvS? I used to think of the film as mediocre but entertaining, but I have much more of an appreciation for it now.
>>
>>81509608
All-star is my favourite superman book and I still love MoS stay mad
>>
>>81507534
You have never read single New 52 comic have you?
>>
>>81509892
>stay mad
I'm not "mad". Enjoy what you want.

This isn't a case of "not muh" just that MoS and BvS have bad editing and bad characterisation. It really needs to improve.
>>
>>81509880
Yes, me.

The flight scenes alone are more enjoyable than anything in BvS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
>>
>>81507457
>Saving mere human seems a burden to him

Not the act of saving, the aftermath when people start worshiping him and his every action being taken out of context and turned into a political debate about whether or not Superman is good or not.
>>
>>81508116
She couldn't even deliver her lines properly.
>>
>>81509981
Gadot ruined every scene she was in because her presence felt so forced especially at the funeral

Why the FUCK was she at Clark Kent's funeral?? She didn't even know him at all
>>
This movie didn't have Superman snapping anyone's neck. 3/10
>>
>>81510070
Yikes. I didn't even think about that. Every single thing in this movie is so forced.
>>
>>81509963
And in a good movie he would've set them straight and given a speech about how he's not a god but Snyder won't allow that because he can''t take it seriously when characters talk in costume.
>>
File: 1458683688498.jpg (51KB, 720x725px) Image search: [Google]
1458683688498.jpg
51KB, 720x725px
>Americuck critics bashing BvS while praising TFA
>>
>>81510188
Pretty sure that point got across just fine

And when he went to address people a building blew up
>>
>>81510188
>and given a speech

Because speeches will fix everything.
>>
>>81510257
Keep reaching in son. 6 fouls and you are ejected.

Good lord, don't you think these DC fanboys are so basic?
>>
File: Henry-Cavill-Immortals-170.jpg (586KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Cavill-Immortals-170.jpg
586KB, 1333x2000px
>>81507945
>I like Cavill, I think he was a great choice.
The same here. He's a good actor – in spite of the movies in which he finds himself cast. Snyder's just too immature a director.
>>
Man of Steel was way, way worse. BvS was a shitty movie with some good ideas. I really liked the fight scene, and some of the characterization was actually pretty interesting.

Unfortunately, it was still plagued by Zach Snyder not knowing how to write a coherent script, edit, or be consistent. Also, Batman the mass-murderer. I could live with Batman killing people when necessary, but the fact it's never even addressed once and happens so frequently bothered the shit out of me.

I think I hated BvS more than MoS simply because while MoS was a way shittier movie, BvS had just enough good stuff in it that I was upset by how shit it was as compared to how good it could've been.
>>
>>81510258
He's had eighteen months and multiple opportunities to speak up and didn't because Snyder didn't want him to. You can try and justify it all you want but those justifications are just a smokescreen for "Snyder doesn't want it".

>>81510337
Given that a single name somehow "solved" the entire conflict of the movie? Yeah, a speech could have that impact if it were well written. But he's not allowed to give one because a Superman that has to explain himself to people goes against the director's morals.
>>
>>81510258
>>81510337
This reminds me of an issue of Hitman, where Garth Ennis of all people manages to address that very problem. He humanizes Superman by having him discuss the fact that he's not omnipotent or a god, and how people still expect him to be, because he's fucking Superman. The moral essentially ends up being that Superman is a good guy not because he saves people, but because he actually cares about whether he's doing the right thing or not even when saving people, and because even a single death on his conscience when he's saved so many still weighs him down.

By contrast, Snyder's Superman seems to be kind of whiny. He whines about how he did everything he could and people just don't understand him. He whines about how he's only saving people to impress his daddy's ghost and considers quitting because people don't universally love him. He even whines more about his failures than the actual deaths and tragedies caused by them. Then he decides to help anyway and we get some more blatant Jesus imagery.

I just feel the movies end up preachier than a scene in which Superman is basically having a monologue about being Superman, precisely because of the hamfisted Christ imagery and very strange moral lessons. I'd rather have the all-American boy scout who has to keep a brave face in public but struggles with his identity when he's alone than space-Jesus descending in a beam of light to absolve us of our sins even though he doesn't want to be our god.
>>
>>81495241
>loved MoS

you only have yourself to blame
>>
>>81507945

agreed.

Cavill could have been the best if they'd actually not have him be depicted that way.
>>
>>81510588
I really, REALLY thought when Superman was going to the hearing in the senate, I would get this awesome speech by him, you know, telling like it is. Saying stuff like "I do what I feel it's right" and "I'm here to help" and so on. The way that scene was solved got me mad beyond the thunderdome.
>>
Could someone explain origin of the "capekino" meme to me?
>>
>>81510834
Capekino! The hot new /Tv/ Brand Shitposting meme!
Want to be a contrarian faggot? Just pick something that's being justly reviled and use the courtier's reply fallacy to claim that any the zeitgeist is ignorant and plebian! Don't confuse this with the 2DEEP4U meme from pre-2008, Capekino is a wholly new invention!
Remember, that's Capekino! From the makers of baneposting!
>>
>>81510929
Yeah I get that this is /tv/ meme which implies that Snyder films are deep and cannot be fully understood by pleb but I'm talking about the phrase "capekino" itself. Did someone said that in some interview or article or did just some asshat from /tv/ thought that adding cape and kino (which means cinema in many European languages0 will make it sound deep?
>>
>>81510588
It's never really stated he hasn't tried to speak. And ultimately it doesn't even matter if he didn't give bunch of flowery speeches, the message throughout the story is that people keep doubting his motives because of cynicism and fear even though he has spent 18 months rescuing people left and right. Going "no, honestly guys, I'm a cool guy" would not make people who are suspicious of Superman to change their minds. Superman has support from the people, but the main focus of the discussion keeps being that of doubt and what ifs.
>>
>>81510834
Some book on cinema that some retards on /tv/ read in film class and decided to make a meme out of.
In the sense of the book "kino" (as opposed to flicks, films, movies, cinema, and the kitchen sink) is a movie made by the director for himself, usually to experiment with visuals, and doesn't really bother with audience enjoyment.

Capekino is just capeshit+kino.
>>
>>81510929
>>81511003
It's fine to not get things, but please dont try to fool yourselves about it.
>>
>>81511003
>(which means cinema in many European languages)
Chiefly German, which is also why the term is used to describe 2deep4u (see: German cinema).
>>
>>81511007
Well, there was that time he blew up a city and killed a bunch of people. I wouldn't exactly trust a guy who blew up half a major city and never really offered much of an explanation.
>>
>>81511007
>It's never really stated he hasn't tried to speak.
Except it fucking is. The senator said so in the beginning of the movie.

Stop lying to protect this piece of shit.
>>
>>81511075
There is no point in not getting things in a world where 4chan and google exist.
>>
>>81511007
>It's never really stated he hasn't tried to speak.
If it doesn't happen on screen, it doesn't happen. Headcanon is not going to change that.
> And ultimately it doesn't even matter if he didn't give bunch of flowery speeches, the message throughout the story is that people keep doubting his motives because of cynicism and fear
Because that's what Snyder wanted, yes. He wanted it so badly that he would sooner just kill the character off than give him a chance to defend himself on screen.

And the issue isn't even whether people will listen to him or not. The issue is what it means to have the character himself not refute the worship and fanaticism. Clark's silence on the matter is a part of his characterization.

But fuck it. No matter what everyone's just going to act like this is a smartly written movie that loves its characters. I'm done.
>>
>>81511137
>Clark's silence on the matter is a part of his characterization.

This is what baffles me the most. Clark straight up says he doesn't care to Lois during the bathtub scene. What a dick.

Dude, people are afraid of you and you don't even TRY to explain yourself just a little bit?

Is that an Ayn Rand thing?
>>
>>81511191
Sort of. An exceptional man shouldn't concern himself with how the unexceptional see him.
>>
>>81511191
>Dude, people are afraid of you and you don't even TRY to explain yourself just a little bit?

Since when has a completely defensive speech gone well in modern media? Superman isn't the type of guy who sits down to do a puff piece for Oprah talking about his feelings. The Daily Planet already does that for him.
>>
>>81509876
americans hate congress and all politicians except for the ones they voted for. (and even then they don't like them al that much)

I saw this movie in america and the crowd started clapping during that scene.
One guy stood up and shouted "TRUMP 2016". I took my girlfriend's octaroon son and we left. I didn't feel safe in there anymore.
>>
>>81511468
HAHAHA

You motherfucker.
>>
>>81511468
Carl?
>>
>>81511438
>The Daily Planet already does that for him.
So says Bruce. This movie tells us a lot but shows very little.

I'm not saying that Supes should be on defence, but:

>Mexicans start to glare in awe at him, as if he's some kind of saint.
>"STOP IT! I'm a man, just like you!"

Also, did he even explained to people that he comes from Krypton, who Zod was and all that?

No wonder people are afraid. The guy is a mistery!
>>
>>81504489

>The X is not a meme meme
>>
>>81511438
Well, there's the excellent Captain America one. You know the one. Plant yourself beside the river of truth and say "you move" and all of that.

Or like someone already said, go the Ennis route and actually have the guy talk about what it's like to be him in private where he doesn't have to keep up the act. Anything to make us think he's not some godlike douchebag who doesn't really give a fuck and just does what he wants. Humanize the guy. Make us sympathize with his situation. Superman is always best when he's just a regular Kansas-born guy who happens to have godlike power, not alien Jesus standing above us.

Because let's face it, Bruce (and to a lesser extent, Lex) has a pretty goddamn good point. I find it hard to agree with Congress lady when she claims that simply having kryptonite around in case anyone decides to fuck up a major city again is somehow condoning assassination. For fuck's sake, the same kryptonite that she legally forbid him from bringing into the country ended up saving the world!

Plus, you know, the whole thing with alternate Superman taking over the earth and clearly killing more than a few people in the process because his girlfriend died.
>>
>>81495241
BvS was mediocre/very middle of the road but it was sure a hell of a lot better than MoS. I'd rather go out of my way to watch Smallville or Returns than MoS again and those get way more shit.
>>
>>81502548
Snyder almost always has good visuals. The problem is that's literally the only thing he's good at.

I don't Terrio was even the problem or at least not as big of a problem as Hack Snyder
>>
>>81504874
Yeah, they should just allow Henry to be himself (minus the British accent), especially since he understands the character a lot better than Snyder.
>>
>>81510616
He doesn't help people because ghost dad, he helps people because he thinks it's the right thing to do, see oil rig bus etc

And he had one point ONE where he considered giving up which was in BvS

I think it was much worse when Clark tried to quit the planet and just leave while people were dying in birthright
>>
>>81511099
Goto bed Lex
>>
File: bucketchallenge.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
bucketchallenge.gif
2MB, 245x300px
>>81507809
And that was Cavill's fault how?
>>
>>81512895
Don't even bother man. It doesn't matter that the movie shows that Batman (and to a lesser extent Lex) were right, because their lord and savior Snyder SAID it was otherwise, and so that word is law.
Don't get me wrong. Bruce was a paranoid rageaholic and Lex was a massive fedoracore sperglord but they still had a legit point.
It just doesn't matter, because Snyder said in an interview months before the movie came out that they were the bad guys.
>>
>>81514298
The worst part is that they got some of it right. I actually liked that Lex was insanely obsessed to the point that he couldn't even keep his shit together in public. I liked that there was some ambiguity until the director decided we should all side with space Jesus. It could've been a legitimately fantastic movie if Snyder had just worked with the good parts instead of making them minor points in his story about Krypto-Christ.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.