[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, I'm late but this episode was a really good introspective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-04-05 16_22_18-Settings.png (415KB, 561x489px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-05 16_22_18-Settings.png
415KB, 561x489px
Damn, I'm late but this episode was a really good introspective on Percy's character.

Now that I think about it his parents could have been fans of Greek mythology and named him after Perseus. The mythical view of Perseus could represent what he has always wanted, but he grounded by suburban reality, hence the modernized name, "Percy."

Waddya think?
>>
>>81484289
>Waddya think?

I think all the kids in the show are part of a special ed class and they just have various developmental disorders.

>tl;dr they're all autistic and you probably are, too.
>>
>>81484289
Nah he is just a fat autti who enjoys milk
>>
>>81484575
>I don't actually know what autism is, but I know my 4chan memes
>>
>>81484289
What episode?
>>
>>81485017
S02E14, "The Tails of Mardrynia"
>>
>>81484289
So what he's lactose intolerant but wants to drink milk?

Boy just get some lactaid god damn.
>>
Is it just me or have the recent episodes been fucking stellar?
>>
>>81485393
It was a huge step up from the later Season 1 episodes.
>>
>>81484289
I think you're looking too much into it.
I thought about the myth too but Percy has absolutely nothing to do with it.

>>81485393
They've been consistently decent.
>>
>>81484289

The episode dealt with its theme pretty well.

Kids reach that age when they realize that magic and make believe and ghosts and goblins and shit aren't real. The "finding out about Santa Claus" situation.

Some kids just shrug and accept that reality is boring and bleak. Other kids, like Percy, take it really, really hard and don't want to let go.

Clarence found a way to help him get through it that was nicely done; helping Percy keep his fantasies alive but separate from reality. It was pretty well written.

(the animation on the animals was embarrassing, though; CalArts trying to ape Don Bluth and holy shit they had no idea what they were doing)
>>
>>81485103
Pretty good, got a real Bluth vibe from the animals. Percy's endearing in a way Ralph never was.
>>
File: Young Skylar Page.png (520KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Young Skylar Page.png
520KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: clarence.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
clarence.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>81484289

jesus this show got deep too fast.
>>
>>81487109
That episode was messed up. Still, the show has its flashes of brilliance.
>>
>>81487109
what was deep about pic related
>>
>>81486880
> filename

Why couldn't you save him, /co/?
>>
File: skyraru-kun.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skyraru-kun.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>81486880
>>81489690
>>
File: stakes_have_never_been_higher.jpg (34KB, 580x333px) Image search: [Google]
stakes_have_never_been_higher.jpg
34KB, 580x333px
>>81484289
There's this trend I really don't care for at all, about awkwardly forcing the spotlight on tertiary characters, without really giving the show time for the really interesting characters to surface organically

Steven Universe does it all the freaking time, and it's mostly awful, but Clarence usually makes it work since they're often about Sumo (doesn't really count, I guess, since he's a main character). Still, a full episode about Percy is not really what this show needs; he's a good enough background character though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.