[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you say you're still optimistic for the DCEU? htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

File: 1_2.jpg (35KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
1_2.jpg
35KB, 446x299px
Would you say you're still optimistic for the DCEU?
http://strawpoll.me/7289028
>>
File: 1417495890975.jpg (103KB, 951x533px) Image search: [Google]
1417495890975.jpg
103KB, 951x533px
>still
>>
>>81481445
its a dc movie and aside from the dark knight trilogy they haven't made a good movie in years
>>
File: 1.jpg (21KB, 660x256px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21KB, 660x256px
Marvel made iron man 2, avengers, iron man 3, age of ultron

That doesn't mean I'm not excited for civil war
>>
>>81481726
Marvel also made three good movies. The DCEU has 0.
>>
File: 63_31.jpg (157KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
63_31.jpg
157KB, 1000x1537px
As someone who sees MOS as a gift from God, I am immeasurably happy to see Snyder continue his incredible work.
To you selfish sadist scum that gleefully try to destroy any piece of entertainment made for people with different taste & preferences then you... pic related.
>>
File: 1.jpg (8KB, 143x176px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8KB, 143x176px
>>81481737
Highly subjective, man of steel and bvs are good
>>
>>81481737
No they made Mos which was incredible despite 2 specific flaws & BVS which was very good despite 10 or so small to moderate sized flaws.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>81481816
>man of steel and bvs are good
>>
>>81481816
No, they really aren't.
>Wuh Wuh well Wuh why not?
Pick a reason.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7206802
>>
No reason not to be, Mos was 90% exactly what I wanted out of a Superman reboot.
And BVS had the best Batman in live action history.
>>
>>81481816
>Highly subjective
And objectively bvs is a terrible film. At least man of steal is a terrible interpretation of superman but enjoyable film.
>>
I liked it more than MoS a shame Batman of Murder is a thing though
>>
>>81482242
Realistic and flawed isn't terrible you autistic fuck.
If a character can't work under the constraints and consequences that all other fictional characters work under (ala not being flawless Mary Sues that can acomplish anything even when it breaks previously set in story rules) then they are not a good character.
>>
>>81482329
Self defense and defense of others isn't murder you ass fucked liberal.
>>
>>81481445

If the reception and box office returns for BvS were more consistently positive, I'd be hyped as shit, but the critical reaponse is negative, audience reaction is mixed, and it had a severe drop off in profits past the first week. So while I liked it and thought it did some cool things in regards to setting up the DC cinematic universe, I have no idea what the fuck WB is going to do now, whether they'll stay the course or try to correct and wind up overcompensating for something, and it's worrying.
>>
I would say Optimism has no place in the DCEU.

They accomplised their task and finished a non "faggy" cinematic universe. Together with a Superman that has the "eyes of a killer".
>>
>>81482407
It's just taking it from man of murder you half wit.
>>
>>81482500
No he appropriately has the eyes of Superman when his eyes glow red you stupid fuck.
Superman looking menacing at times is not a bad thing you pathetic fucking child.
>>
>>81481445
DCCU is officially a joke. If they showed commitment to change by dropping Snyder I'd have hope.
>>
>>81482553
Yes and the name is just as incredibly inaccurate and slanderous as it was then.
Take your memes with you to the depths of fucking hell.
>>
>>81482378
>using subjective, which means basically in my opinion, as a fact
>clearly wrote "film is terrible" and criticize that comment because "character", somehow
>calling others autistic fucks
Yup. I'm done.
>>
File: 1386443921334.gif (3MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1386443921334.gif
3MB, 390x293px
>>81482597
You didn't really get it, did you?
>>
>>81481445
I loved MoS and BvS. It upsets me that so many people can't see the good in these films. They only nitpick the bad.

That said, I'm still hopeful the next batch of films will win people over.
>>
>>81482693
People that have the proverbial eyes of killers are actual malicious murders or good people that have had to kill so much and so offen they know nothing else.

Supeman killed 1 Kryptonian to save a family directly in danger and billions in potential danger. And possibly killed 1 genocidal warlord to save the love of his life.
>>
>>81481445

Snyder is still in charge. He is directing JL. The guy who wrote Pan wrote the WW script. Flash is being directed by a first time director. Superman is ruined. No. I'm not optimistic.
>>
>>81482738
Same, except I couldn't give two shits if people were won over. Yes it needs to make money, but WB needs to realize that critics ain't shit, the fans are liking the films.
>>
File: 1386444707215.gif (499KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
1386444707215.gif
499KB, 480x228px
>>81482783
Oh man, I can't believe someone can be this stupid.

In fact, I can't! Good one anon, you got me there for a second.
>>
>>81482832
Why would they give a fuck about the "fans". You are a minority. They would go bankrupt catering to you.
>>
File: DCEU.jpg (283KB, 856x1281px) Image search: [Google]
DCEU.jpg
283KB, 856x1281px
>>
>>81482839
I'm dead fucking serious. Killing 2 people in self defense/defense of others does not make you some Punisher rip off that is synonymous with killing like your fucking implying it is.
>>
I liked Wonder Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk
>>
>>81482958
God damn Batman is such a gangsta
>>
Aquaman is the last movie I'm going to give a chance. If they somehow fuck that up I'm done with the DCEU.
>>
No for JL, yes for Aquaman, Shazam WW & Squad. No for Flash.
>>
>>81483016
You stupid uncultured idiot.
https://youtu.be/6vNQ2ZmbW3o?t=7m18s
>>
>>81483108

I just wish she were thicker. Though getting someone to look like an actual Amazon is impossible unless you use a tranny.
>>
>>81481445
they did their shit in MoS
they still covered their ears and nahnah their way to BvS
they already caved in with Suicide Squad, there's no way they're going to play dumb for a third time
>>
They shouldn't have tried to do a cinematic universe.

There's no argument to be had. Marvel beat them to the punch and they were always going to be stuck with one hell of a game of catch up. If they jumped straight into a League movie, they'd lose the potential franchise bucks and people aren't even that eager to see a JL film, nevermind the sudden confusion of being thrown into the DC universe within one film. They couldn't take their time and build up, as they'd be accused of copy-catting Marvel and by the time they'd get to the Justice League, the Superhero bubble might have already burst or faded significantly as the years went by.

They ended up coming up with a half-assed solution between the two: Two films, one a stand-alone origins movie and a second set up film that's basically a Justice League story anyway, with every half baked DCCU idea thrown into a big melting pot. Dark Knight Returns! Justice League! Injustice! World's Finest! Death of Superman! It was too much and the movie ended up a mess.

Man of Steel was controversial, I'll say that much. The DCCU was off to a rocky start but there was still hope, and whilst we still might get a decent movie out of Suicide Squad and the solo Batman, with BvS the whole DCCU has been put on a downward spiral.

What they REALLY should have tried to have done is to have adapted the DC classics into self-contained standalones that strive to be good movies, but still big enough names to make dosh. Can you imagine? A Dark Knight Returns film, a Killing Joke film, a Kingdom Come film, an All-Star Superman film, et cetera et cetera.

Not only would they have great potential for being good movies, but they'd be distinctive from the marvel films in a good way. A cinematic universe vs an anthology, rather than two similar cinematic universes clashing.

But whatever, the suits will decide what they want to do. It most likely won't be good. I mean, have you seen what Sony was planning to do with Spidey?
>>
>>81483234
God damn, that's always a satisfying watch
>>
>>81481816
It's not subjective at all. MoS and BvS are worthless garbage.

If you think otherwise you are simply wrong, and your opinion does not and can not have any value.
>>
>>81482166
>Mos was 90% exactly what I wanted out of a Superman reboot.

You wanted worthless shit?
>>
There was never any hope. It was obvious after MoS that BvS would be terrible.

I only wish I could personally see the light of hope dying in the eyes of whatever idiot fanboys ever thought something good could come out of this with Snyder at the helm.
>>
>>81482783
>>81482839
>>81483016
>>81483234
Why is everyone knowadays like Derek Padula?
>>
>>81484050
>What they REALLY should have tried to have done is to have adapted the DC classics into self-contained standalones that strive to be good movies, but still big enough names to make dosh. Can you imagine? A Dark Knight Returns film, a Killing Joke film, a Kingdom Come film, an All-Star Superman film, et cetera et cetera.

>Not only would they have great potential for being good movies, but they'd be distinctive from the marvel films in a good way. A cinematic universe vs an anthology, rather than two similar cinematic universes clashing.

Interesting idea. DC's strength has always been those kinds of stories.

Too bad BvS killed it at birth.
>>
>>81484050
>self-contained standalones
Isn't that what they've been trying to do with their animated films? And yet those seem to be a pretty mixed bag.
>>
>>81485260
A mixed bag is far better than a dumpster fire, anon.
>>
>>81481445
>still
Jason Todd, Parademons, Darkseids, Motherboxes, Final Crisis foreshadowing and possibily the fucking Hyper Adapter.
Only casuals are NOT optimistic.
>>
>>81484969
>Marvelpleb this desperate
Kek
>>
>>81485847
>Only casuals are NOT optimistic.

Only people who like good movies are NOT optimistic
>>
>>81486288
>BvS is an abysmal failure critically and barely squeaking by commercially

>HA HA, BET YOU MARVELFAGS ARE MAD NOW
>>
>>81485847
I don't trust Snyder with Kirby's new gods not even for a second.
>>
I can't believe people still have hope for this series. Like even after MoS it seemed salvageable, but I honestly never want to see this Superman or Batman ever again in any form of media. Hype for Skwad is dead, especially with reshoots, and they still haven't kicked Synder off as helm to the series. At least I have rebirth to look forward to.

Its funny DC comics right now and their movies suck, while Marvel movies right now are good while their comics suck. I get the best of both worlds
>>
I'm not exactly "optimistic" about Suicide Squad but since Snyder's not directing it at least has a fighting chance.

I'm optimistic for Wonder Woman.

I have no hope for Justice League.
>>
>>81486816
Ironically, DC comic now have Bruce Wayne return as Batman, but a more optimistic and cheerful (slightly) than the dark brooding borderline psychotic type. It seems the comic verse heading to different direction than the movie verse.
>>
I thought the trailer for Suicide Squad looked pretty fun. A little dark but it had its funny moments. I imagine it's the Joker stuff that is too dark.
>>
>>81486606
Maybe he's making a meta-movie:

Snyder is the DCEU's Darkseid. He drains the universe of hope and joy, filling it only with empty despair.
>>
File: Ogre Creamy Filling.jpg (74KB, 526x799px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre Creamy Filling.jpg
74KB, 526x799px
>>81482783
>He doesn't even know about the giant spider
>>
>>81484969
>>81482242
>>81481887
>>81481857

All this butt blast. Notice that DCfags never this mad at people enjoying Marvel movies. I guess /co/ is always in summer mode...
>>
>>81485004
you want to keep being mad? okay, go ahead :)
>>
>>81488536
>ITT: Blatant Lies
>>
When even Christopher Nolan can see this trainwreck about to go down from miles away.
No wonder he bailed out once his capacity as producer for MoS expired. He realizes it once no one in production heed is advice about Superman killing Zod as the encore.
>>
>>81488617
Nolan was still credited as producer though.
>>
File: 200.gif (831KB, 286x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
831KB, 286x200px
>>81488536
>Notice that DCfags never this mad at people enjoying Marvel movies.
>>
File: 1458545022184.png (193KB, 382x268px) Image search: [Google]
1458545022184.png
193KB, 382x268px
>>81481445
tfw dcfag who was never optimistic.
>>
Yes, want to see what someone other than Snyder can do and I'm hoping they bump Shazam up too.
>>
>>81482839
Don't feed this pathetic troll
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.